Lost: White With Brown Patch Left Eye ,middle Back Jack Russell Cross Female In North East (DN22)
- Dog ID 52790
- Status Lost
- Registered 27 May 2013
- Name PURDY SIGHTED
- Breed Jack Russell Cross
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour white with brown patch left eye ,middle back
- Tail Half
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 25 May 2013
- Where Lost Ordsall near Retford nottingham
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area DN22
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 01777816522
- Phone 2
- Listed By easter
- Views 6061
- Followers 16
- See more dogs Lost in DN22
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-12-17 10:46 Courtney
- Hi Easter. just a thought but have you tried walking round the area surrounding the barn where she has been seen with a squeaky toy? just an idea because its something that would get her attention without scaring her off x
- 2013-12-14 00:58 easter
- food still not been touched yet i have not seen her for over a month now just hoping that she had gone down the rabbit hole i have no idea what to try next never heard anythng from dog warden have a trap just waiting for purdy to start using barn again then will put it back it will soon be 7 months such a long time for her to be missing have asked people to ring dog warden when they see her but not happening. just wish i could catch er and bring her home
- 2013-12-02 23:50 easter
- 2/12/13 purdy been back to barn today taken all food and bone i did not see her but hubby found a hole which she has dug and we think she has now gone to ground proberly a old fox hole as there are not many about ( be somewhere for her to keep warm and dry, sugarbeet all gone now so hoping she starts using the barn again for food it seems to have been such a long time so have every thing crossed again if she keeps comming back this week for food will put trap back
- 2013-11-24 22:38 easter
- purdy had been back to barn a week ago and taken the food but not since they are still moving sugarbeet so i feel she has moved againwarden has still not managed to see her he has spoken to farm manager what about i dont know she may have crossed over the road again she was last seen on monday 18-12-13 around one of local schools the guy said if her saw her again he would ring dog warden he could not get to her as she was on the other side of a fence she was back on babworth estate in a small wood there are a few bungalows around there i was hoping is she got cold enough and hungry she would give her self up but not so sure now it has been six months it is still such a large area to search
- 2013-11-12 01:12 easter
- been back today taken more food down did not see her today they were lifting sugar beet so hoping she just moved out of way the other field is now clear they were lifting from other field so hopefully will all be gone in a couple of days praying she is still in area will go back tomorrow to see if she eating food then maybe put trap back next week
- 2013-11-10 01:25 easter
- Purdy seems to be back in area where she was before have left food twice and she eaten it farm manger rang on wedesday and said she been back in the barn will leave more food tomorrow and hopefully take trap back down if she keeps cpmming back thay are lifting sugar beet as not as many places to hid fingers crossed this does not make her move have informed local dog warden hoping he will help me to catch her but to be honest he does not seem really interested i have asked people who see her to ring him hoping they do will just have to wait and see not really sure if she will give her self up as still pleanty of wildlife about for her to catch
- 2013-11-06 14:23 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Bumping Purdys page due to more sightings as posted below by her owner.
I so hope Purdy decides to give herself up before much longer ! X
- 2013-11-05 00:44 easter
- recieved a phone a few days ago saying that purdy had been spotted a few miles from where she was when i last saw her but as near a busy road i went back to morton today and did see her but she ran off went down the field and over the road when i thought about this i rang the dog warden so it seems rather than walk the roads purdy is going through the fields my daughter recieved a phone call tonight about 19.30 say purdy has been seen at Ranby near the prison the lady that saw her will ring the dog warden is she see,s her again my only worry now is this is a very busy road .it about 5 miles away by road maybe shorter through the fields but i do not know whos lands it is to go look hoping she makes her way back to great moton and the barn i have left some food there and i think she may be sleeping in there when weather bad hoping to get back down after work tomorrow to have a look fingers crossed.
- 2013-10-28 20:32 janiejewel1649
- Hope there is good news soon. Paws xd.
- 2013-10-27 01:52 easter
- not seen purdy now for 3 weeks fetched trap back as somehow got damaged contacted local dog warden asked if he could help hje said he would and said she had been seen at babworth on 19/10/13 and he would go down and look he said he would look down great morton also as there are 4 houses there and one lady said if she saw her would ring dog warden but i think she may have been away when he called with clocks going back makes if difficult for me to search as will be dark when i finish work dog warden recons when she gets cold and hungryy she may well give her self up i doubt this she has survived this long outside but will keep fingers crossed must be honest dog warden did sound intersted as she not running around streets
- 2013-10-21 18:12 Clare
- Any further news ?
- 2013-10-10 23:17 easter
- purdy has not been since monday when she was on babworth she may have gone back across the road i have not seen her when i been down its been dark so at tis moment in time i am not sure where she is
- 2013-10-05 00:00 littleimp
- warden has been down and left his card with some lady and asked her to ring when sighted will do down myself on monday and look around no sightings since wednesday just hoping we catch her soon
- 2013-10-03 08:33 Clare
- Good luck easter. Glad the dog warden is willing to help. Fingers crossed this time x
- 2013-10-03 00:11 easter
- she has deffinatly moved to Babworth Estate after speaking to owner of estate they seem reluctant to let me place a trap there i have spoken to local dog warden and he has agreed to got down and have a look i did ask owner to tele local dog warden but dont think she did just implied that they did not want people walking all over estate and kept telling me it is a shooting estate i explaind the situation to him and he will go there and see if he can catch her for me everything is crossed,
- 2013-10-01 23:00 easter
- have not seen purdy for a few days now i recieved a phone call to day and it seems she has moved to a diffrent area somehow she has managed to cross a very busy road and is now on babworth estate i have been down but didnt see her i do hope this is not her as it is a shooting estate and have game keepers there if she is seen catching pheasents she will not last long just hoping she can find her way back to little morton
- 2013-10-01 00:40 easter
- been back but she not been near trap road nearby has been shut so all traffic using lane near barn hoping this has kept her away saw her last on wednsday but not since did bump in a chap who saw her on thursday said he tried ti catch her with a net but she took off going back in morning and will have a look around after work tomorrow night she may have moved again
- 2013-09-29 01:01 easter
- food still there try again in morning she must be catching more rabbits as avoding food and trap little minx
- 2013-09-27 22:45 easter
- done that didnt work trap is still there plenty of food but she still not been back for a week last time was a week ago tomorrow farmers has put electric fencing round sheep so not worried about that she has now moved back to other field which is nearer the barn all food placed at back of trap so she has to walk on foot plate so keeping fingers crossed i feel i may have to wait for weather changing not cold enough she still running away from me cannot even tempt her with food have done the sitting down bit hoping tomorrow brings better news
- 2013-09-24 19:48 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- I can't believe how difficult this girl is to catch !!!
Easter I presume the trap you are using is a still a foot plate type ?
I'm wondering if you tie something really tempting and smelly very securely inside the trap against the far end it may make her move about more within the trap as she tries to eat it and hopefully set the mechanism off. Try a chicken breast cooked in garlic and smear it with mashed up sardines. maybe also put a few dollops of the mashed sardines on the trap floor but beyond the footplate x
- 2013-09-24 17:54 Max
- Very best of luck in getting Purdy home safely.
- 2013-09-24 01:04 easter
- she went back for food sat night but trap did not go off went down this morning trap had gone off was a cat at least i now know it works left fresh food tonight she seems to be keeping away from sheep which is good just hoping it was purdy which took the bone i left and not the cat
- 2013-09-21 00:28 easter
- have left trap set i must catch her now some farmer has now put sheep in a field near by just praying she keeps away from them i dont think she been near hoping she starts to go back for food
- 2013-09-20 21:59 Clare
- Stay positive. At least you know roughly where she is and shes taking food. Fingers crossed for you that shes back home soon x
- 2013-09-20 19:25 Twinkles
- You are doing a fantastic job, you deserve to have her home x
- 2013-09-19 23:25 easter
- she been back once last night eaten half the food but not today
- 2013-09-16 22:55 easter
- she went back to trap on friday sometime but not since she is still around hoping the cold wet weather makes her go near the trap
- 2013-09-16 00:37 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- 19 weeks is a long time and I really hope Purdy decides she has had enough very soon x
- 2013-09-13 00:44 easter
- saw her tonight but still not going near trap have reset as forecast for weather is lots of rain hoping she will use barn for shelter even sat down when i spotted her but she still ran off
- 2013-09-10 23:21 easter
- purdy has not been to the trap and food now for 8/9 days she is still around hubby saw her sat evening i think thy may be working on railway line for how long i not sure hoping that this is why she is staying away from the food.wheather is getting colder and wet this may make her return to the barn fingers still crossed she been out there now for 19 weeks a long time
- 2013-09-06 22:32 easter
- Purdy has not been into the barn for a week now she must be catching food out side weather not to good forcast wet and cold hoping this will encourage back towards the barn will go down sunday to just to check she is still around
- 2013-09-03 23:42 easter
- food not touched again she seems to be keeping away from the trap she has started going in the yard of one of the houses but when they open the door she takes off she is still hiding near sugar beet field
- 2013-09-03 04:23 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- good luck xx
- 2013-09-02 22:10 easter
- been back tonight but she has not touched the food unset the trap as i caanot get there till tomorrow night saw her when we were driving away going to try rabbit in trap tomorrow,will leave it unset for a few days hoping to get her comming back for food again if i leasve the food outside the trap she will eat it if i leave it inside she does not hoping this will work make her think trap is okay and wont go off fingers crossed.
- 2013-09-01 23:58 easter
- she has been back for food friday night but not sat night she spotted us and took off been back to night and set trap again left plenty of food will check again in morning
- 2013-08-30 00:14 easter
- been back teatime food still there will check again early morning
- 2013-08-29 23:28 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Thats good news !! Fingers crossed here as well xx
- 2013-08-29 01:11 Shereen
- Yes fingers X'd here too ,come on Purdy!
- 2013-08-29 01:04 easter
- she taken food again fingers crossed
- 2013-08-27 13:17 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Have spoken with owners again ... Purdy really is proving to be very elusive !
- 2013-08-26 23:01 easter
- been back she is still there our spaniel flushed her out of sugarbeet she was,nt happy in fact she was rather aggressive ,trap had gone off but empty begining to think someone is setting it off as food is still there
- 2013-08-26 13:04 easter
- been back she did not eat her food last night will go back later and look to see if she is still in same area .lots of guys working a railway yesterday so hoping she has not moved .it just seems to be a long time now thought she would have been back home before now
- 2013-08-26 01:40 easter
- been back to day she did not come back last night thought she might as weather was bad lots of rain .they were working on railway line which is near the field she is hiding in will check again early morning fingers crossed this trap works
- 2013-08-25 06:19 Jayne - Head Office
- Little Minx....!
- 2013-08-25 00:15 easter
- been down she is okay still managed to set trap off and escape taking a larger trap down tomorrow left some food outside cage tonight as it has rained very heavy so she will find some food hoping i have more luck with next trap she is still hiding in sugar beet running tracks so she cannot be seen
- 2013-08-22 10:45 easter
- food still there will go down later to see if purdy is still in area she may have been caught getting out of trap or injured her self
- 2013-08-22 00:03 easter
- she missed another night left fresh food different trap a smaller one hoping this works fingers crossed
- 2013-08-20 08:37 easter
- just been to check trap she been back took food trap not gone off beyond me not sure how she is managing to do this
- 2013-08-18 23:23 easter
- she has not been back again .now hiding in a different field she is still near the barn hoping purdy will go back for food tonight
- 2013-08-18 16:12 Jayne - Head Office
- OOH fingers crosed....
- 2013-08-18 16:11 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Everything crossed the bone does the trick ! As Shereen has already said it is just a matter of time now
- 2013-08-18 00:04 Shereen
- Fingers crossed...it is only a matter of time now!
- 2013-08-18 00:00 easter
- she had not be back hoping she goes back sometime tonight have tied a bone to back of cage it may work
- 2013-08-17 00:14 easter
- she been back managed to take the food without setting the trap off little Minx
she has been seen again has moved fields we have reset the trap fingers crossed another early morning
- 2013-08-16 08:23 easter
- she not been back its raining now so hoping she goes back later
- 2013-08-16 01:00 easter
- she had taken the food last night but not tonight i have set the trap just hoping she goes back for food and it works she been out there to long she was seen today by someone walking their dog but she ran off
- 2013-08-13 22:37 easter
- been back to night but she has not touched the food saw some men shooting rabbits there tonight never seen them before did ask them not to shoot the dog if they saw her hoping she has not moved will look again tomorrow night
- 2013-08-13 00:20 Shereen
- Easter...when you go to set the trap,put the stinky food in the foot of some tights and tie it to the end /inside the trap ,so she really has to tug at it~!..should help get her rather than her sneaking in and being clever getting the food!....only do this once you have decided to set it though....Good Luck!
- 2013-08-12 23:18 easter
- pudry is still taking food out of the cage still pulling her bed out will release the trap later in the week to see if we can catch her she seems to be sleeping out side under the hedges only going to cage for food more fields now be cut so not so many places for her to hide i dont go looking any more as she still runs off only go to check she is in same area she seem to have a favourite corner of a field but cannot get close enough .just hoping cage will work
- 2013-08-11 01:32 easter
- she has been back for food dragged her bed out of thee cage to trip it have tied it up so it does not go off hoping she will use it more will reset trap in middle of week to see if we catch her fingers crossed as this is third trap i tried hoping this one is lucky spent the last 10 week trying to catch her she not daft running out of options as sugarbeet in not harvest till later in year
- 2013-08-09 17:45 Steph
- Good to know she's being regularly sighted. Have you tried leaving her bed out? It'll smell of home, especially if the blankets haven't been washed. If she's scared, it'll be comforting and might lure her to snooze in it. Just go there very early the next morning and she might be there :). This technique worked a couple of months ago to catch a puppy in Clumber Park (nr Worksop) that had got loose and it worked a trick! Best of luck getting her home, hopefully sooner than later x
- 2013-08-09 00:25 easter
- seen her tonight she set the trap off last night and scarped placed more food there hoping she goes back for it will continue with food and trap fingers crossed it works she still running away if seen by anyone she is now using sugarbeet to hide in
- 2013-08-07 14:04 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Pleased to hear she has been again . I would also echo Owls advice to please not try sedative again. They are not something I would ever recommend using unless in very secure and easily monitored circumstances.
Please try to remain patient and persevere with the trap. Do you remember the advice I gave you on the telephone to use chicken cooked in garlic and coated again in garlic purée and or mashed sardines. ? She needs something really smelly and special to tempt her and hopefully she will decide she is bored with rabbit and the garlicky chicken is better . X
- 2013-08-07 00:08 easter
- have a fox trap comming tomorrow so will try that have been back tonight and placed food there she has been seen today and is okay spoke to the vet again and he said the tablets dont work on most dogs the farmers wont be harvesting there for a few weeks and the sugar beet is later sep/october she not use to roads and has not been near any otherwise the dog warden would have got her .
- 2013-08-06 11:23 Owl
- Please do not try to sedate her again, as this is unsafe except in an enclosed area. The tablets take some time to work and by that time she could be anywhere and might curl up and sleep somewhere unsafe or wander on to a road. The farmers are harvesting and she needs to stay alert to keep away from their machinery. Your best way with this one is trapping and patience, and baiting the traps with extra tempting food as she won't be very hungry with all the bunnies and voles around.Last edited: 2013-08-06 11:23:46 by Owl
- 2013-08-06 00:52 easter
- still out there cannot catch her spoke to vet today he gave me a tablet which should may her sleepy she took the food with the tablet in and two hours later she still running lost her in dark all wheatfield/corn fields so could not see her spent 13 hours sunday night waiting and another 4 tonigh got back at 11.30,pm any suggestions at what to try next there pleanty of rabbits she def not going hungry
- 2013-08-03 01:27 easter
- been back and she taking food again going to try and see if she comes back to barn on sunday night have borrowed some night vision bins so can park further away keep fingers crossed this time hoping to catch her
- 2013-07-31 20:14 janiejewel1649
- All xd.
- 2013-07-31 16:17 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Thankyou Sue and fingers crossed this may bring in some news of Purdy from someone who may be sighting her in other areas .
Easter keep up with leaving food even if she isn't always taking it. The good thing is that she did take food a few nights ago and if she is hungry she will return to this known source of food.. It may be that she has been feasting on rabbits over the last few days and / or that she has been visiting another area on her circuit. I'm sure she WILL come back and take more food but remember to use the garlic puree and or mashed sardines as I suggested . if you can get your car near to where you feed her and if you haven't already done so position it a discreet distance away and sit inside it quietly . You can observe her from there and she may smell and recognise the car. She certainly is an independent little dog ! X
- 2013-07-31 07:53 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. I hope it brings some news
- 2013-07-30 18:31 easter
- still not touched her food hoping she comes back tonight xxx
- 2013-07-30 01:30 easter
- been back tonight food not been touched hoping she will come back again left fresh food
- 2013-07-28 13:07 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- easter if you're hiding out and think that your presence might be affecting her make sure you're in the right place so that the wind doesn't carry your scent towards where she is.
- 2013-07-28 12:59 easter
- have seen purdy for the last three days put out a livetrap and also her own cage and started a feeding station for the last two nights the food has been eaten so decided to stay out all last night 27/07 13 to see if it was her eating the food it is but she must have sensed we were there as she walked up to the barn and walked away the weather was really bad so i thought she would use the barn for shelter but she did not so i will continue to use the feeding station hoping she will keep going back keeping fingers and toes crossed as she is not daft xxxxx
- 2013-07-24 09:32 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Bumped as Purdy was again sighted last night ! I feel that Purdy is managing to catch plenty of rabbits and is therefore not particularly hungry so whatever is put in the trap needs to be EXTRA specially tempting and have advised her owner to use chicken saturated in garlic and sardines. Also advised with regards disguising the trap and to do some scenting with her hoover contents etc. fingers cossed Purdy will be back home soon x
- 2013-07-24 01:49 easter
- hubby saw her tonight she was in an old barn but would not come when called took off at full pelt i have moved her trap to the barn hoping she goes back there if it keeps raining she may. i may be lucky just hoping i catch her soon i dont wont her to turn feral she seems to be still in flight mode
- 2013-07-17 18:03 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- So pleased that you have a sighting. It's good to know that she's out there and ok. Good luck with the trap. Her details have gone off to the magazine but I hope she's caught by the time they're published.
- 2013-07-16 23:01 easter
- seen her at last putting out a bait trap tomorrow hoping it works she now on lanes between great morton and little morton
- 2013-07-02 13:46 easter
- she was seen 30/05/13 in some ones back yard when we got there she gone been out last two nights but have not seen her no sightings since as she is in open country side and running around the back of a golf club there is a vast area to cover keeping fingers crossed that she is still out there,
- 2013-06-18 19:55 easter
- she was seen this morning unfortunately she has eaten a farmers chickens I have now set a live bait trap hoping she goes back to same place I have managed to borrow 2 more cages and will place one at the other farm and another house as the area so large I am hoping the food in the cages will tempt her as I have not managed to see her yet but others have so keeping fingers crossed
- 2013-06-17 23:49 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Purdy has been sighted several times today back where she was being seen a week ago . She hasnt taken any of the food left for her and her owner thinks she is probably managing to catch plenty of rabbits to eat.
Hoping Purdy decides she has had enough fun and allows herself to be caught very soon. xxx
- 2013-06-16 10:24 Carol
- Hope u find her soon xxx
- 2013-06-16 01:48 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Purdy is still being sighted in the same area.
Owners have been scenting the area- discussed in more detail this evening and also about setting up a feeding station.
- 2013-06-12 18:56 easter
- 12/06/13 sighted this morning but still unable to catch her same area morton
- 2013-06-07 16:34 easter
- still no sightings seems to have vanished maybe some news over weekend
- 2013-06-05 14:14 easter
- last seen 1/06/13 on the lane behind Breek road ordsall but no sightings since
- 2013-06-03 18:33 reggiemollieros
- Hi, just shared on twitter. I hope you find Purdy soon. Last edited: 2013-06-03 18:36:05 by reggiemollieros
- 2013-05-31 12:05 Noodle
- I think I saw this dog last Saturday night, it would be around 11.30pm and was driving down Mansfield road back to Retford when there was a white dog running down the side of the road. I did pull up but it ran off very fast down to the cross roads on to Babworth road down back towards Retford.
Sorry i can't be of more help.
- 2013-05-29 18:31 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thanks everyone. telephoned for an update and Purdy is still missing.
Owners have contacted all the relevant authorities and are checking regularly with the holding kennels.
They have put posters up.
Discussed media appeals with the local newspaper.
Hoping for news of her
- 2013-05-28 20:23 Jackie
- Have shared on Facebook, I'm in Retford so will get posters tomorrow for Hallcroft petshop, and the hospital and hospice. Good luck.
- 2013-05-28 17:02 Jayne - Head Office
- Thank you Gino....phone going mad at HQ...and really big tx to Ashmark...
- 2013-05-28 15:00 gino
- Alert sent to helpers in DN22. S80,81. NG22.
- 2013-05-28 14:32 Alison, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Photo added ready for email alerts to go out please.
- 2013-05-28 13:01 Alison, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Called owner to request a photo it will be on site asap. Checked the postcode with her and it is correct.
- 2013-05-27 18:02 Alfies mum
- Is dn2 the right postcode???
- 2013-05-27 12:07
- Sorry to see that PURDY SIGHTED is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.