Lost: Liver And White German Shorthaired Pointer Female In North East (S75)
- Dog ID 45978
- Status Lost
- Registered 06 Dec 2012
- Name ANGEL MISSING TWO YEARS
- Gender & Breed Female German Shorthaired Pointer
- Age Adult
- Colour liver and white
- Marks & Scars
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 06 Dec 2012
- Where Lost Old Wagon Road/ Cawthorne basin, Barugh Green, Barnsley
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area S75
- Date Reunited
- Other Info DUE TO THE NATIONAL PUBLICITY WE HAVE HAD SEVERAL LEADS FROM ALL OVER THE COUNTRY...PLEASE KEEP EYES WIDE OPEN AND IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO RING DOGLOST IN CONFIDENCE...THANK YOU.
- Phone 1 07921 682002
- Phone 2 07908 157216
- Listed By Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Views 135540
- Followers 126
- View Poster
- See more dogs Lost in S75
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2015-09-22 23:00 sally123
- i live in Kettering Northants and saw a lady come out of her house walking 2 of these dogs. I noticed because they are very distinctive and you don't often see a dog like this. I also remembered Angel who has been missing a long time. The smaller of the dogs was dark in colour with the white spots, but the other dog was reddy brown and larger. It is worth following up don't you think? The house is in Lancaster Road NN16 area around number 56 (can't be sure exact house number). It may not be Angel but this dog was size of weimaraner, reddy brown/white markings. If i see the dog again i will go and ask, male or female
- 2015-08-09 23:15 Lesley Brown
- Could this dog, just registered as lost, be your Angel?
I've been searching the net for her for the full 2 years she's been missing, and this is the first dog I've seen that's like her.
I know it's a missing dog, but please can you take a look to rule her out x
- 2015-08-08 18:41 Layla Streeton
- Please see this post link to Spotted Leicester a missing female dog, looks very much alike Angel.
- 2015-07-19 09:27 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- https://www.facebook.com/david.gerrard.942/videos/652320174904465/?pnref=storyLast edited: 2015-07-19 09:28:15 by SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- 2015-06-28 13:55 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- TX CG....will alert owner...
- 2015-06-28 13:17 CG
- URGENT - Please check link below
- 2015-06-05 17:33 claudiasharp97
- Do you have a picture of the back legs of your dog? I work in Clarks in Bedford and I saw a middle aged lady with an elderly lady walking past with a dog that looks like Angel. I only really remember the back legs. The left back leg had a fair amount of dappled white nearer the top. Hope this helps x
- 2015-05-30 18:02 Lancashire Janet
- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=924367777606444&set=gm.1615137398727919&type=1&theater Could this be Angel ??
Last edited: 2015-05-30 18:03:52 by Lancashire Janet
- 2015-05-30 14:19 sianie8428
- Edinburgh? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152833862331146&set=o.453567951364044&type=1
- 2015-05-01 13:02 Seeks
- Can I beg anyone passing to support this beautiful, gentle eyed babies Thunderclap please? She has over 300 but for her that's not near enough...
We owe Angel for because of her we at least knew about Doglost when Pup was stolen and out of all my 'specials' Angel is the one just that bit more in my heart...though with Dee its a close call ;-)
I can't let this baby down so please follow the link and click support xx
- 2015-04-11 19:36 Debbie
- shared to Angels page on fb x
- 2015-03-14 12:16 skyninchar
- admin, i have just come across ad from feb for sinilar dog...https://www.facebook.com/ciara.grealis/posts/929974463709540
- 2015-03-06 14:07 BUBBLES
- female german pointer found today. No pic but a phone number.
- 2015-02-25 22:06 nickyjm
- 2015-01-07 16:46 Emmie
- Hi, this morning I saw a dog that looked very similar to Angel, except she had a docked tail. I was driving near the embankment at Bedford at the time, so I was unable to stop and take a photo or anything but I did notice that the dog was female. She caught my eye because the lady walking her didn't look like she'd had the dog long as the dog was pulling on the lead and it just looked like the lady wasn't used to walking her. She also caught my eye because she is so striking looking. Perhaps someone from doglost could contact the vets in the area to remind them of Angel/ resend them her doglost poster?
- 2014-12-08 08:38 janiejewel1649
- Hope Angel will soon be reunited. All xd.
- 2014-11-21 13:41 Belle
- found on Anglesey. Docked tail. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205155011736026&set=gm.710963285684412&type=1&theater
- 2014-10-28 17:18 Happiness yorkie lover xxx
- Please check this 77073 I know it said they were looking to be rehomed but please look at the markings on the dog at the bottom picture xxxx
- 2014-09-09 10:14 Riverlady - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- Circulating on twitter....ANGEL Liver/White German Shorthaired Pointer STOLEN http://bit.ly/WCxre6 #Barnsley 6 yrs old today. Where is she? Plz RT
- 2014-09-05 07:41 Esther
- Really hope this is Angel. Everything crossed.
- 2014-09-04 15:13 duffs54
- Wouldn't it fab if this was Angel, fingers crossed for you xxx
- 2014-09-04 10:40 Owl
- Angel is in the Sun newspaper today.
- 2014-05-29 22:27 The girls!
- I have seen a post today with regards to a Pointer being found and caught being shared by Spalding Police (Lincolnshire) Have tried to message an Admin on Angels page to make aware. This is the post I saw which I have copied and pasted -- Anybody lost a pointer? This dog could really have came from miles away if it had picked up a scent and was trailing it... If they have it was found at 9am today in Deeping St Nicholas area... Currently at the South Holland District Council Dog Warden kennels. Telephone number
Posted on twitter via police just reposting to see if poor thing can find its home
Anybody lost a pointer? This dog could really have came from miles away if it had picked up a scent and was trailing it... If they have it was found at 9am today in Deeping St Nicholas area... Currently at the South Holland District Council Dog Warden kennels. Telephone number
Posted on twitter via police just reposting to see if poor thing can find its home :)
Like · · Share
- 2014-02-26 00:26 happydayz
- Adam Toon Turner on Facebook is the guy who has spotted the dog, managed to get a couple of photos. You can see them on his Facebook page.
- 2014-02-26 00:05 DanielleT
- Please can you check out the dog seen but not caught today at Catcleugh Reservoir, photos on Pets Forever - Lost, Found & Reunited Facebook page. It's not near to you but immediately thought that it could be a very skinny Angel x
- 2014-01-27 19:23 snorky
- There has been a female GP found, please check it out as markings are very similar to Angels. http://www.animalwardens.co.uk/lost-found-dogs-search?sobi2Task=sobi2Details&sobi2Id=74951
- 2014-01-03 23:34 cheeky
- one has been found in bramley, on facebook in all rescue groups,
- 2013-12-30 14:35 MillieVW - Area Volunteer, West Wiltshire
- Found in Leeds, female liver ticked, wart on leg, green collar http://www.nationalpetregister.org/fp/56016.htm
- 2013-12-27 23:44 MillieVW - Area Volunteer, West Wiltshire
- Please check this found dog https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=268642349956238&id=100004314244374&set=a.207785346041939.1073741826.100004314244374&source=48&__user=1550593669 I hope that link works x
- 2013-12-15 12:18 Goldenlady
- I too often think of Angel and so hope she can be found safe and well.
- 2013-12-08 19:28 l0vesustrihar
- Fingers crossed for the lead x
- 2013-12-07 10:08 duffs54
- So sad that she hasn't been found, there are quite a few lost anniversary's at the moment. I hope this is good news for you and that Angel has been found xxxx
- 2013-12-07 08:13 Esther
- Everything crossed
- 2013-12-06 19:50 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- A possible lead has come in this evening to HQ...owner has been rung with details...and passed onto to a Doglost helper......
- 2013-12-06 16:18 Snowy
- I often think of Angel and always keep an eye out for her as although not in my area she really could be anywhere now.
I really do hope she is returned where she belongs very soon. I can't imagine how hard it must be. xx
- 2013-12-06 10:19 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Angel went missing a year ago today and despite a year of tireless effort by her owner Dawn and the assistance of countless helpers and followers this beloved girl is still missing.
If anyone has even the slightest piece of information or any suspicion that someone they know might have her please contact her owner or doglost in strict confidence.
- 2013-12-06 08:57 Kinsally
- One year missing today.Thinking of Angel & her owner on such a sad anniversary. My heart go's out to you on such a very sad day. I just hope & pray that Angel your beautiful girl is returned to you where she belongs xx
- 2013-11-16 20:58 tess&treacle
- hi you prob already no but a dog like yours is in the found section on here in sheffield xx vicky
- 2013-11-15 10:43 MAZ
- I've shared it ... can't believe she's still missing ... SOMEONE knows ... surely you can't have a dog like that and not exercise it which means other people seeing the dog ... unless they live somewhere very remote?
- 2013-11-15 08:59 Ottis1
- ***NEW FIND STOLEN ANGEL VIDEO*** PLEASE SHARE EVERYONE***
- 2013-11-13 13:09 Kinsally
- Yes they are alike & it would of been wonderful if this had of been Angel, but the found German Short Haired Pointer that was on twitter is male & he has now been listed under the found section 59901. Last edited: 2013-11-13 17:17:15 by Kinsally
- 2013-11-13 07:18 lauren2908
- replied on twitter so the author is aware of this listing ... gotta say they do look alike!
- 2013-11-12 20:55 DAJ1
just seen this on twitter
- 2013-11-12 10:59 Millypod - Social Media Team NW
This is the link for Angels mum Dawn on Daybreak.Last edited: 2013-11-12 11:08:04 by Millypod - Social Media Team NW
- 2013-11-12 08:25 Moogie - Area Volunteer, Cornwall
- Bumped due to publicity on Daybreak this morning
- 2013-11-12 08:10 lauren2908
- LIVER AND WHITE DALMATIAN?? FOUND IN S62 details are vague maybe a mix up of breed?? http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=59784#.UoHiBxb79z8
- 2013-11-12 07:49 Moogie - Area Volunteer, Cornwall
- On GMTV this morning so bumped due to publicity
- 2013-11-06 14:15 VickiP
- Female GSP found near Oldham : http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=59552#.UnpOePnxr8A
- 2013-11-03 17:02 wen
- gumtree Ad ref 1037534059
- 2013-09-08 20:57 canine friend
- http://www.k9trader.co.uk/dogs/DOG00255 you never know.
- 2013-09-04 08:21 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Angel's family have checked the found out. UPDATE cross posted: 7year old male that was chipped.
- 2013-09-03 22:53 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Have passed details onto Angel's owner and they will follow it up tomorrow. x
- 2013-09-03 21:50 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Thanks LadyMcTavish and the helpers who have posted the details on NW fb group. Angel is chipped. I will alert Jumanji a.s.a.p.
- 2013-09-03 21:48 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
ArdmoreVets Sudbury Suffolk
6 hours ago
We`ve just had a report that a Liver and White Pointer has been handed into the Dog warden after being found straying in the road at Great Yeldham. Do you know anyone who has lost a Pointer in this area?
- 2013-09-03 21:10 LadyMcTavish
- Pointer found Ardmore vets Suffolk
- 2013-08-08 15:59 Fergal - Area Volunteer, Cornwall
- Pups for sale -Dam: Pedigree German Wire-haired Pointer Sire: Saluki, Bull Greyh
http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/classifieds/364461-german-wire-haired-pointer-cross-pups-leicester.html#fulldescriptionLast edited: 2013-08-08 16:01:10 by Fergal - Area Volunteer, Cornwall
- 2013-07-13 12:44 reilly
- Thanks, Angel's owner had looked at this and its not Angel. I know breed rescue have offered their help but I don't know if they have had a response.
- 2013-07-13 12:38 Owl
- Certainly worth checking as this dog is very similar to Angel though younger. Owner has been informed. I have passed the link on to breed rescue as well. Thank you MSPickles and elaine.
- 2013-07-11 16:37 elaine
- Check preloved as there is a pointer on there as FREE-not the normal type of dog one would maybe give away-fingers crossed
- 2013-07-11 16:17 MSPickles
- Just seen this, maybe worth checking.
- 2013-07-05 14:50 reilly
- Angel's owner has been in touch with the sighter to see if there was any more info. Apparently the dog was soaking wet and she wasn't sure whether or not it had a tail. All we can do now is hope for another sighting or better still that the dog is found by someone.
- 2013-07-03 23:10 Nickydog
- 54294 sighted only gsp,worth a check?
- 2013-06-22 16:20 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerted owner to sighted gsd in LS22.
- 2013-06-20 08:46 Silver 2
- There's a GSP in the found section 53808. It says male 'red' but as they're not that common ......... and I'm hoping any praying Angel is found, is it worth following up. Good luck
- 2013-06-13 14:35 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Angels mum is joining jillys jolly jaunt today....
- 2013-05-29 09:32 Mollychops - Area Co-ordinator, Gloucestershire Herefordshire Worcester
- Ive bumped Angel as there is a very good article on her in the Countrymans Weekly today. The CMW is a fantastic paper, they give us a free column each week to promote our missing dogs, and also are very helpful doing articles such as Angels, Lets hope it brings about a good result !!
- 2013-05-14 20:08 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Bumped as Angel is in today's Sheffield Star and The Daily Telegraph
- 2013-05-14 11:14 reilly
- Dawn and her search for Angel in the Sheffield Star today http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/can-you-help-find-barnsley-s-missing-angel-1-5664355
- 2013-04-23 13:15 reilly
- Thanks Jojo, no thats not her :-(
- 2013-04-18 20:50 Jojo
I KNOW THIS DOESN'T REALLY LOOK LIKE ANGEL BUT THOUGHT THERE WAS A RESEMBLANCE IF SHE HAD LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT.....
- 2013-04-18 19:43 angel gsp
- Angel is featured in the News in the May Edition of Your Dogs x my lovely Angel where are you
- 2013-04-14 11:45 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
WELL DONE to Debbie Matthews, Dawn and Joe Inglis :)x
Great coverage on Dog theft and Stolen dogs
- 2013-04-10 18:23 canine friend
- yes looks a younger dog......but photos can be deceptive.just hoping for a bit of luck.
- 2013-04-10 17:10 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- x Barleyarch...for responding so quickly...
- 2013-04-10 17:08 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Bumped for radio show...Also featuring Debbie from vets get scanning...go for it girls...
- 2013-04-10 16:35 Barleyarch
- I am the other number on the poster, have just checked this advert out, and though I dont think its Angel, it is sufficiently like her for second opinions. Will try and get hold of Dawn in the meantime. Thank you caninefriend!
- 2013-04-10 16:34 reilly
- Dawn (Angel's owner) will be on TV vet Joe Inglis' live WebTV show Vet's Klinic this evening (10/4/13) talking about dog theft. Tune in from 6pm today and watch the show. www.vetsklinic.co.uk/klinicstv
- 2013-04-10 16:31 reilly
- Thanks canine friend - this one has been advertised for a while now and isn't Angel.
- 2013-04-10 16:28 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Spoke to owner and passed on info...she is driving at the moment so have left a message on the 2nd mobile number....Tx canine friend.
- 2013-04-10 16:07 canine friend
- http://www.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/dogs/4660831long shot I know but markings seem similar....cant see full tail.Worth a look!
- 2013-04-07 20:45 reilly
- Hi snorky, if that was Princess Katie you saw in Liverpool RSPCA she has been checked out and isn't Angel. Thanks anyway!Last edited: 2013-04-07 20:46:11 by reilly
- 2013-04-06 20:46 snorky
- http://rspcaliverpoolbranch.co.uk/content/animalDetail.aspx Please check this one out, as there is a chance it could be Angel.
- 2013-04-05 22:10 reilly
- Jayne what is the number of the found GSHP please?
Debbie and Goldie thanks but that was a Wirehaired.
- 2013-04-04 21:01 goldie
- Pointer bitch found today 04/04/2013 in Dover kent. Now with dog warden ( dover) Good Luck xxx clare
- 2013-04-04 09:02 Pipski Maripski
- Don't ever give up searching, keep strong and we are all sharing on facebook and twitter!
- 2013-04-03 16:36 debbie
- Yes just seen the pointer that was found and looks similar x
- 2013-04-03 11:08 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Please check out found GSHP on doglost found page today...
- 2013-03-29 18:10 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Page BUMPED as Angel has an advert in this weeks Horse And Hound !
- 2013-03-29 10:07 reilly
- Angel's missing ad is in Horse and Hound this week.Last edited: 2013-03-29 10:08:58 by reilly
- 2013-03-24 14:06 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Thanks for updating us and great it has been checked out. x
- 2013-03-24 13:33 reilly
- Just heard back from one of the team who has been and it isn't Angel. It was a long shot but needed to be checked.
- 2013-03-24 12:31 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Just spoken to the RSPCA and the found is still there, no-one has claimed her up to now. Great to see someone has been in touch re Angel and you are going in to check the found. x
- 2013-03-24 09:24 reilly
- Thanks Jan.
We are hoping one of Angels Army will be able to get there today to get a photo.
Last edited: 2013-03-24 09:28:22 by reilly
- 2013-03-23 22:13 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- The AW's have rang the LOST details I've posted below are actually another registered one for Angel for some reason the Location will not update on their site. Thank you to the AW's for ringing. x
- 2013-03-23 21:19 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Have had more info from the AW's re the found, it has a docked tail and does not have an English chip. x
- 2013-03-23 21:14 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- There is a MISSING registered on the AW site, I've emailed the details to the AW's to see if it has been checked, does not give any lost area:
15 Mar 2013 German Pointer
Our Ref: 295942
- 2013-03-23 20:25 Deb4gsd
- Fingers crossed for some happy news :) xx
- 2013-03-23 20:11 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Have been alerted via the AW's of a found GSHP which has been taken to Liverpool RSPCA (Halewood). AW's said Angel's family have been in touch and are going to follow it up and I will also contact the RSPCA for an update on the found. The found is CHIPPED so we don't think it will be Angel. Many thanks to the AW's for the alert. x
Details of the FOUND on the AW site:
23 Mar 2013 German Pointer
Location: Liverpool L31
Colour: Brown Dark
Markings: white spots
Our Ref: 296623
- 2013-03-21 18:21 GSPs E&B
- Such a shame that it wasn't Angel, we had everything crossed that it was.. She is out there somewhere and just needs to be home with her family now, it's already been far too long.. Like so many other people, we cant go for a walk without looking for her.. Lets hope next time will be the REAL Angel xxxXxxx
- 2013-03-21 07:56 reilly
- ****THERE IS NO SEARCH TODAY****
The dog in Mansfield is not Angel - Dawn was alerted last night to someone who has a GSP which regularly goes for a wander in that area. She has spoken to the owner who confirmed his dog was out on its own at that time. She has seen pics of the dog and it is quite similar to Angel.
- 2013-03-21 06:45 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- further alerts to helpers in NG5,NG6,NG7,NG8,NG9,NG10,NG11,NG12,NG13,NG14,NG15,NG16,NG17,NG18,NG19,NG20,NG21, More ...
- 2013-03-21 00:07 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- 2013-03-20 23:34 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Can we please have alerts out to NG19 and surrounds for the sightings of a loose GSP in this area today !!!
- 2013-03-20 23:31 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- BUMPING due to sighting of a GSP running loose in Maun Valley Park , Mansfield this afternoon at around 3.30 .
Post by reilly regarding the sighting copied amd reposted as follows .......
Gsp both white on chest and on tail seen running up main road then gone into Maun Valley Park about 3.30pm today, man saw dog twice in 10 mins running scared, he tried to tempt dog with a biscuit but it just ran and ran. The he postcode is NG19 9SH. Dawn is heading there now but it will take her about an hour. Is there anyone close by who knows the area and can help? Apparently the dog was first seen on Old Mill Lane, then Leeming Lane South meets it then she ran into park.
Last edited: 2013-03-20 16:32:52 by reilly
- 2013-03-20 19:27 Silver 2
- Please god let's get Angel back to her family xx
- 2013-03-20 18:17 Livewire
- Good luck all x
- 2013-03-20 18:14 reilly
- Thanks Littleangel.
- 2013-03-20 18:08 Littleangel
- my self, my husband & daughter are on our way over very shortly to help in whatever way we can. We have posters with us.
- 2013-03-20 17:48 Littleangel
- my self, my husband & daughter are on our way over very shortly to help in whatever way we can. We have posters with us.
- 2013-03-20 16:43 reilly
- Can we please have alerts out to NG19 and surrounds?
- 2013-03-20 16:27 reilly
- Gsp both white on chest and on tail seen running up main road then gone into Maun Valley Park about 3.30pm today, man saw dog twice in 10 mins running scared, he tried to tempt dog with a biscuit but it just ran and ran. The he postcode is NG19 9SH. Dawn is heading there now but it will take her about an hour. Is there anyone close by who knows the area and can help? Apparently the dog was first seen on Old Mill Lane, then Leeming Lane South meets it then she ran into park.Last edited: 2013-03-20 16:32:52 by reilly
- 2013-03-19 22:34 Littleangel
- I have just had my springer girl returned to me today. I would like to help in anyway I can. I live about 1 hour away and can give you time at weekends in your area or mine to put posters up etc etc. Please let me know what I can do to help and I will do it. Really praying she comes home to you
- 2013-03-19 08:16 angel gsp
- Angel has featured in Dogs in the News as part of Pet Theft Awareness week
- 2013-03-18 12:23 Baggy Dog
- Can't believe she's still not home after all the work you did at Crufts to further increase publicity. We displayed your flyers on our stand - though most people seeing them knew about Angel. Really hoping she's home soon.
- 2013-03-18 11:20 reilly
- Thanks Jollie32 but that's not Angel unfortunately.
- 2013-03-14 23:06 Jollie32
- Bitch found and at Forest Lodge Kennels in Northampton is marked as lab cross but the picture looks like a gsp to me. Cant email picture though!! Contact details are 07515884675
Hopefully link will now work - http://twitpic.com/caud2oLast edited: 2013-03-14 23:27:22 by Jollie32
- 2013-03-14 19:53 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Bumping as Angel is in this months Dogs Today Magazine !
- 2013-03-14 10:21 LisaP
- I have just received my copy of Dogs Today magazine (April) & Angel is in there!
- 2013-03-10 01:10 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
All days are on the above link.
- 2013-03-10 00:54 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
This is the link to CRUFTS catch up TV approx 33 mins into it they mention Angel and show a photo and read out owners number.
- 2013-03-10 00:25 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Great to meet up with Angel's owner at CRUFTS spreading the word and handing out posters/flyers. You are doing a fantastic job and truly deserve to have her back home with you. Good luck.
- 2013-03-09 20:28 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Owner has checked but its not Angel...keep any ads you see coming in though...tx...everything gets checked out and one day it will be Angel...
- 2013-03-09 20:21 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Thanks...have let owner know she is getting someone to check it out as she is driving.
- 2013-03-09 19:43 nsmoore7
- Saw this on Gumtree, thought the dog looked nervous in pictures.
- 2013-03-07 19:56 janiejewel1649
- Come on Angel get yourself found, and reunited. Your family need you home with them. Fingers xd.
- 2013-03-07 19:12 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Bumped - Angel has just been mentioned by Claire Balding on the Crufts report on more4
- 2013-03-05 18:59 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- BUMPED as Dawn was interviewed on Radio Sheffield today !
- 2013-03-03 13:23 Jackie
- Was in Pets at Home in Hull yesterday they have Angels picture up on their notice board....hope she is found soon it's time she was home xxx
- 2013-03-02 20:24 Tworedshoes - Area Volunteer, Suffolk
- Still praying that Angel and Harvey, who went missing the same day, will be home very soon... Thinking of you Dawn, don't give up hope. xx
- 2013-03-02 20:14 liana
- Maybe the people who started these rumours are people that know where she is and trying to throw people off the scent, come on angel where are you it's time to come home xx
- 2013-03-02 16:26 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Thanks Riverlady ! X
- 2013-03-02 15:43 Riverlady - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- tweet circulating....
ANGEL Liver+White GSP MISSING http://bit.ly/Za1rcS #Barnsley #NE #UK Still missing despite rumours on facebook. Plz RT
- 2013-03-02 13:41 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Despite rumours to the contrary that have been circulating on Facebook Angel is STILL MISSING and no one will stop searching for her until she is found !!
- 2013-03-01 16:06 CALEYKIZ
- It was on a Border Collie breeder's status that someone had posted that they had seen on the tv that the missing show pointer had been found and they were asking if anyone could confirm. I dont know where the rumour came from originally tho
- 2013-03-01 11:08 reilly
- Angel has not been found. CALEYKIZ can you please post a link to where you saw that rumour?
- 2013-02-28 21:47 MAZ
- I'm amazed nobody's replied either way to the last comment - has there been any progress????
- 2013-02-27 18:54 CALEYKIZ
- there is a rumour on facebook that angel has been found can anyone confirm?
- 2013-02-23 22:14 debbie
- Hope you find her soon, I do keep sharing on my FB x
- 2013-02-23 19:31 4paws
- sharedLast edited: 2013-02-23 19:59:24 by 4paws
- 2013-02-23 19:07 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Bumped as Angel is in this weeks Shooting Times !
- 2013-02-23 11:45 reilly
- Thanks - that found dog isn't Angel unfortunately.
- 2013-02-23 09:44 debbie
- The dog that was flagged up does have a lot of similarities, can someone ask the owner to look on "stolen, please help me find my dogs" site please. X
- 2013-02-22 10:02 debbie
- There's a female dog flagged up on my fb, very underweight and not in great condition. Wondering if this could be her although don't know as not exactly the same although as she's been missing for awhile it maybe that she doesn't look the same as when she went missing x I don't know how to add a pic from my fb page
- 2013-02-21 09:28 angel gsp
- Angel was mentioned yesterday in the Telegraph and is in this weeks Shooting Times
- 2013-02-20 14:05 chubacca
- Hi,I have some information which may help you locate ANGEL>>It will take about 5 mins on phone to explain so please call me on 07561334554>>I really feel your pain as i have been through your sad situation twice and on both occasions through relentless effort i was re-united with both of my 2 dogs that were stolen>>I genuinely want to help you find your dog>Regards>> Gary
- 2013-02-17 17:54 Smile124x
- 2013-02-13 14:06 liana
- Yep they are ticked both boxes. I've never had anything for any dog for some reason.Last edited: 2013-02-13 14:06:36 by liana
- 2013-02-12 20:22 Millypod - Social Media Team NW
- Liana if you go into " my Profile" next to where you log in have you ticked accept posters?
- 2013-02-12 19:43 liana
- No not got anything for some reason email is email@example.com
- 2013-02-12 08:23 reilly
- 2013-02-11 19:05 liana
- Glad you have seen it as I'm not on Facebook I've no idea what's been said, maybe the van is still something to do with angel. Have you had any more leads? I still look all over for her when I walk mine ( I live near to where she went from) my email is below if you could update me. X
- 2013-02-11 14:00 reilly
- Hi Liana, thanks, we've seen that reg doing the rounds on Facebook too, I think most of the reports of the van seem to be from further south.
- 2013-02-09 14:30 liana
- Just spoke to my mum regarding angel and she has said there has been a reg going around on Facebook, I'm not on Facebook so have no idea but she has told me the full reg it ends wsu do you know about this? As I said I know the full reg
- 2013-02-09 12:24 liana
- Ive not had anything can anyone please update me as I'm s75 email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2013-02-09 10:31 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in S70-75, 62 63 64.
- 2013-02-08 09:09 reilly
- Well its been nine weeks now and still no confirmed sightings of Angel. Dawn has done a great job in getting her story out into the media and I think she has also helped to draw attention to the number of dogs that go missing or are stolen every year.
I just wish that whoever has Angel or even who took her would do the right thing and give Dawn a clue as to where she is. If you are reading this please listen to your conscience - what you did was wrong. Yes there are lots of unwanted pets out there but Angel isn't one of them - she is dearly loved and as much a part of the family as a child - you have caused numerous people huge grief by you actions - have a heart and help her come home - please.
- 2013-02-08 09:07 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Bumped as Dawn was on BBC RADIO LONDON yesterday afternoon. Pleaae see the post below by reilly.
- 2013-02-07 22:55 Baggy Dog
- I've been out today with a group of dog people. None of them are Dog Lost volunteers but all knew about Angel. So publicity is definitely working ... hopefully it won't be long before she's back home.
- 2013-02-07 21:11 janiejewel1649
- Paws, and fingewrs xd, Good luck.
- 2013-02-07 18:18 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- 2013-02-07 14:19 reilly
- Thanks - the dog in the Monaghan pound is not Angel.
Dawn is on Radio London this afternoon - I think the show is 'Barking at the Moon' at 3pm
- 2013-02-07 11:01 Jaxc
- long shot saw this on facebook https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=534109139955506&set=a.437189306314157.102036.148748661824891&type=1&theater
- 2013-02-07 10:53 elfie 2575
- Monaghan Pound Dogs - Homes needed urgently
Dog Ref : 134
Sex : Female
Description : German Pointer
Estimated age : 18 months fb page Last edited: 2013-02-07 10:55:02 by elfie 2575
- 2013-02-06 21:25 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Dawn is being interviewed tonight on BBC2s NEWSNIGHT at 10. 30 pm !
- 2013-02-06 11:07 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Bumping Angels page as Dawn her owner was interviewed this morning on NICK FERRARI'S radio show on LBC
- 2013-02-05 22:13 animal lover
- I so hope that your Angel will be home very soon Dawn xx. It was a brilliant interview today on Alan's show to raise awareness of all the dogs that are lost or stolen..... Well done Jayne and all. Just sent a donation to Doglost....... you are doing a brilliant job and thankyou.
- 2013-02-05 20:20 Mistynsashasmum - Area Volunteer, West Sussex
- I hope you get that all important call as with the all the missing dogs.
Angel is beautiful hope she is home soon.
Alan and all of you did a wonderful thing this afternoon and I think we all have a lot to thank you all for after this interview.
Hats off to Alan for using his show to let people know about the missing dogs.
Hurry home Angel and all the other missing doggies out there.
Stay safe one and all xxxx
- 2013-02-05 20:11 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Especially at the begining when he barked and ran off ...taking Alan with him.....
- 2013-02-05 19:53 Deb4gsd
- watched the programme today, great publicity for Doglost and Angel and all missing dogs! Hope this brings positive results in returning Angel xx was lovely to see Hamilton on the show also, gorgeous boy!
- 2013-02-05 19:48 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- I have not watched it myself yet with any sound, sound not working on laptop, no good at lip reading. From what I could see they did great. Hamilton was a little star. x
- 2013-02-05 19:46 Ravenette -Area Coordinator West Sussex
- Just watched it and thought Jane, Dawn and co came across extremely well and certainly raised the profile of Angel and Doglost. Good on you ladies....positive outcomes I am sure xxx
- 2013-02-05 19:43 Millypod - Social Media Team NW
- Well done Jayne and Dawn great publicity you both were brilliant. Hope you get that all important call.xx
- 2013-02-05 19:21 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- Thank you for the link Jan xx
- 2013-02-05 19:07 Tigermouse
- I don't normally watch daytime tv but I purposely watched this. Well done Jayne and Dawn with the interview and the publicity for Angel and the other dogs, fingers crossed some of these leads prove positive and Angel and others are soon back home.
- 2013-02-05 18:58 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
Catch Up for anyone who missed the programme today and wants to see it, you will need to go to approx 23 minutes into the programme.
WELL DONE to Jayne, Angel and Hamilton's owner's who were on the show. It also covered the Retrieva Tracking Collar and Halo Scanner. xxx
- 2013-02-05 17:59 Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- Well done with the interview fingers crossed you get your lovely girl back in the process to try & get more public awareness with Surrey police ref dog theft posters every one knows about Angel in this area & are on the look out! xLast edited: 2013-02-05 18:00:29 by Bobsmum, Helper, Surrey
- 2013-02-05 16:42 mathers22
- Well done it was a brilliant interview for everyone Alan was very sympathetic and handled it well as did both of you. Hope it reunites Angel and many other dogs xx
- 2013-02-05 16:27 liana
- Really hope your getting the leads you need, I helped look for her when she 1st went missing please let me know if I can be any help. I live local to where she went fromLast edited: 2013-02-05 16:28:01 by liana
- 2013-02-05 15:45 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Ladies you both came across extremely well on the Show today. I wish you the best of luck and because Alan has said a few more dogs he will try to get on today I have asked Kelly GSD (blind in one eye) owner to get in quick. Hope he is successful
- 2013-02-05 14:59 rachelmorris
- Feel free to email me if I can be of help - i am in NN13 OX26 and S35 areas in the space of each week, so can provide some support if needed. Crossed fingers and paws here that even just one of these leads is positive xx
- 2013-02-05 14:07 k9chum
- Sorry, inadvertantly deleated the e-mail along with some others. Please could you re e-mail me. Everything crossed for you. Can only imagine how you must feel.
- 2013-02-05 12:36 mathers22
- Brilliant will be watching hope it goes really well with a successful conclusion for all xx
- 2013-02-05 12:26 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- We are in the green room now having done the rehearsals....will be on in the third part of the show and also again at the end of the show with some missing dog photos...
- 2013-02-05 11:40 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Angels owner Dawn will be on the ALAN TITCHMARSH SHOW this afternoon along with Jayne from Doglost anytime from 3 pm ! Wishing them luck and everything crossed this will bring news of Angel and other missing dogs.
- 2013-02-04 16:32 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Sorry ran out of space on above message...you can also ring owners direct on numbers given above or email email@example.com please put subject as Angel so we can forward immediately to owners..tx
- 2013-02-04 16:09 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in areas of possible sightings...can not put where on front of site as those responsible will be monitoring...please do not share with anyone unless you know them...tx
- 2013-02-04 16:03 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Look out for Angel on the Alan Titmarsh show tomorrow and others of our stolen dogs....
- 2013-02-04 11:01 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- The Ford transit was this the one that was mentioned in the Peterborough area last year does anyone remember>
- 2013-02-04 10:10 Barleyarch
- 2013-02-04 06:46 JSTAR
- Did you see dog lot 37266, spaniel.Stolen. They have the vehicle registration ....suspicious vehicle in the area...ford transit panel van PE5 1NJK...Traced to Slough are
- 2013-02-03 19:14 mathers22
- Well said Claire there were some scumbags mouthing on the This Morning thread after Dawn had been on - think some of them should have been in school !!
- 2013-02-03 16:56 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Re the publicity from Daily Mail and their headline. I wrote the following to them:
What an awful headline. This lady has had her beloved pet stolen and because she is offering such a high reward and obviously wanting to do more to get her back, you call her Britains Craziest Doglover! What would be really helpful, is to go onto the Doglost site and look at the heartbreaking stories of real people who have either had their family pets stolen through heartless scumbags out to make a quick buck or who have lost them. Would your paper consider doing a story on all the stolen ones and perhaps putting up also a substantial reward? I look forward to reading this new story line in your paper!
I also hope that my comment to them gains a lot more publicity for the other missing dogs as well.Last edited: 2013-02-03 17:34:20 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2013-02-03 14:12 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- AQlerts sent out to postcodes requested by area co-ordinator Jumanji.
- 2013-02-02 17:53 reilly
- 2013-02-02 17:05 mumstaxi
- 2013-02-02 17:05 mumstaxi
- 2013-02-02 17:03 mumstaxi
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/11384169235/ maybe try and post on this group over 6000members and appleby fair coming up soon and with a large reward being offered alot of the communites will e at the fair and someone may come forward x
- 2013-02-02 13:56 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Bumping Angels page as she is featured in the Mail online today.
Please see post below by Reilly for more details
- 2013-02-02 11:45 reilly
- Thanks B_London I think we've got a few posters up around there now but if you see somewhere where you think there should be one and there isn't that would be really helpful. And please just generally keep an eye out.
Dawn is online in the Mail again. Not the most complimentary headline but still it's publicity!
- 2013-02-02 09:12 B_London
- 2013-02-01 15:08 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- tx Reilly for list of possible sightings....some sound more positive than others...but all will be looked into......Petdectectives have the list and our co ordinators and themselves and especially Reilly are looking through them and alerting local authorities,vets etc.....If we feel some are possibles you will be emailed to keep a look out...but may we request this is not put on sites that anyone can read and be forewarned.....ie facebook.....whoever has Angel must be very aware of the publicity and watching...
I must take time to say well done to helper Reilly who has spent so much time on this and got Dawn on Daybreak today...
Look forward to meeting you both on the Alan Titchmarsh show on Tuesday....
ps they have a great make up and hair room.....you come out looking 10 years younger....
- 2013-02-01 14:24 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Double page spread in todays Daily Express...featuring Angel...and us and BEverly Cuddy....
- 2013-02-01 10:11 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Lots of calls coming into owner of sightings all over the country....Reilly is checking them out and will update us soon...
- 2013-02-01 09:39 reilly
- Hi reggiemolleros - that one was checked out a few days ago and was chipped and has been reunited.
mag - I've called round vets in that area and none of them have had a new gsp registered but if you could please keep a watch out and if you see the dog again if you can take a surreptitious photo and email it to DL or text it to one of the numbers on the poster that would be really helpful.
- 2013-02-01 09:31 scootjockey
- Good luck Dawn and Angel. Respect for getting Angels story on TV its the only way to get National coverage. 100% spot on during this mornings interveiws especially how life cant be the same untill you find her or untill you know what happened to her.I can relate to every word you said.Hope you get a clue or info to lead you to her.Good luck from stolen Tays mum xxx
- 2013-02-01 08:12 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Apologies Dawn on reading earlier posts it say you are on the daybreak sofa...hope the message I left did not interfere.....
- 2013-02-01 08:05 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- I will be on the show as well with Angels owners.....will pass on possible sighting to owners.
- 2013-02-01 07:07 mag
- Hi I work in sutton surrey, gander green lane in sutton and yesterday saw a youing girl about 15/16 walking a pointer very much like Angel, the dog was wearing a red harness, I have worked in that area for 8 months and drive up and down the same street where I saw this dog 20 /30 times a day and have never seen this dog before, what made me look was not seeing this breed in this area before, good luck in your search
- 2013-01-31 23:47 reggiemollieros
- There is a female Pointer on Cheshire West Stray dog website http://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/residents/pests_pollution_food_safety/animal_welfare/stray_and_abandoned_dogs/stray_dog_photographs.aspx It is a small photo and to be honest I am only posting as they say Pointer as she looks too dark to be Angel, You can see the photo on Vets Get Scanning FB page or if you use the link scroll down. They do take dogs off when they are reunited.
- 2013-01-31 22:47 kurzhaarww
- Angel and Dawn are booked for the feature on Alan Titchmarsh on Tuesday next week :)
- 2013-01-31 22:26 ML
- Apparently the Alan titchmarsh show are looking to do stories on people that have lost their dogs too. Maybe worth giving them a go? Good luck, really hope there is some news soon. xx
- 2013-01-31 22:06 kurzhaarww
- Angels Army are marching to London Town :) Dawn will be on Daybreak live tomorrow morning approx 8.10 am
Simmo and I know all to well the heartbreak of a dog going missing, I bred Lola and was overjoyed to receive news that she was home. I hope with all my heart this fabulous publicity will lead to Angels reunion with Dawn. Last edited: 2013-01-31 22:07:22 by kurzhaarww
- 2013-01-31 15:44 Livewire
- Come on Angel - you must be the most recognised dog in the country - time to show yourself xx
- 2013-01-31 15:34 Pennybee
- Dawn is doing a brilliant job. Angel is still on the home page of my website and I will do my best to keep her there until she is found. Fingers crossed.
- 2013-01-31 15:07 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Good Luck xx
- 2013-01-31 13:13 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- So many people I know have been contacting me to say they have heard an interview or read an article about Angel today ! Such a brilliant effort by Dawn and team Angel ! Ever since Angel was stolen Dawn has worked tirelessly to find her. Angel is out there somewhere and someone knows where she is ..... So PLEASE come forward and let this much loved pet return to her family !
- 2013-01-31 12:38 janiejewel1649
- Angel is also in the Daily Mail today. Also Dawn who owns Angel has just been interviewed on "You, and Yours" broadcast on Radio 4 today. You should be able to download it on BBCI Player. Paws, and fingers xd for her safe return to her owner.
- 2013-01-31 12:06 reilly
- Apparently she's in The Times, The Mirror, The Express and the Telegraph here is the link to the DT, haven't had a chance to search for others yet http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/pets/9837348/Woman-remortgages-house-to-offer-10000-reward-for-lost-dog.html Also she featured in the newspaper review of This Morning and Dawn has done a couple of pre-recorded radio interviews.
Thank you Simmo, you are right they are far more common than a few years ago. Incidentally Karen (Gamebourne) is one of the founding member's of Angel's Army!
- 2013-01-31 10:57 Husky kingdom
- Now Advertising On www.Facebook.com/Huskykingdom Hope We Find Angel.
- 2013-01-31 10:42 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- And on the Wright show just now....come on Angel...
- 2013-01-31 10:28 simmo
- I joined dog lost two years ago when my GSP was lost by a dogwalker in Battersea in London thankfully she was found four days later in Dulwich, she had travelled over four London boroughs. A reward was given as we were very thankfull that she had been found and returned to us. At one time a GSP was quite a rare dog to be seen,we travelled to Bury (Gamebourne Kennels) to purchase ours but now in our area of London there are quite a few to be seen, It could be linked to the high number of shotgun gun licence holders using them for shooting, as Wandsworth has one if not the highest number of licences held in a London Borough. I know there is a young boy that walks two very well trained GSPS on Wandsworth Common, he could live in or around the Northcote Road area of Battersea. Can I wish you all the luck in the world in finding Angel.
- 2013-01-31 09:16 LisaP
- Dawn was on Daybreak on ITV this morning!
- 2013-01-31 09:05 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Heard this on Chris Evans show and saw the interview. Really hope this brings some news of Angel.
- 2013-01-31 08:32 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Thanks everyone !
BUMPING Angel as she was mentioned on THE CHRIS EVANS SHOW on RADIO 2. this morning and Dawn her owner was interviewed on ITV 's DAYBREAK this morning !
Someone out there has to know where Angel is and we urge them to please come forward.
- 2013-01-31 07:47 June
- Chris Evans radio 2 has just mentioned Angel and urged everyone to check out the details (7.44 am) please let her be found soon xx
- 2013-01-30 23:29 Nigel and Cathy
- Hi I am friends on Facebook with many Italian Spinone people. Angel has been shared many, many times by us all and will continue to do so. Even non dog owners are aware of her. Lets keep it up until she is home where she belongs. Sending love and support to her family x
- 2013-01-30 21:47 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Rooting for ANGEL to be found and reunited with her family. Have shared her photo/s and details across fb. Thank you to everyone who has also shared. xxx
- 2013-01-30 20:34 janiejewel1649
- All xd for a positive result.
- 2013-01-30 16:46 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- The reward for the safe return of Angel has now been increased to £10,000 !
- 2013-01-30 15:44 Baggy Dog
- Glad to see Angel's doing the rounds on FB again after the article in the Mail. Hopefully one or two other papers will cover her too. I can't imagine that there's any dog people that don't know about her, but now the general public will be looking out too, with any luck.
- 2013-01-30 14:51 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Always a pleasure to bump Angel...well done for geting her in the Daily Mail....
- 2013-01-30 14:19 reilly
- Dawn and Angel are featured in the Daily Mail http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2270609/Distraught-dog-owner-remortgages-house-offer-10-000-reward-champion-pointer-stolen.html
- 2013-01-29 16:12 Meeka - Area Co-ordinator, North Hampshire
- Received your missing poster and information through the GSP club booklet yesterday - it's great that the word if getting out around the country - I'm in Hampshire - fingers firmly crossed your enormous efforts to find Angel bring good news soon - I always keep an eye out on my travels - good luck
- 2013-01-27 19:20 Pat
- Also saw a poster in Oldham today. It was at the gates of our local county park.Hope Angel is found soon.
- 2013-01-27 12:02 reilly
- Thanks for spotting this Scoobster. You're right it is difficult - her head looks black but her flank and leg look brown. It doesn't look like her to me but have passed to Dawn.
Update: Apparently this dog was chipped and has been reunited.Last edited: 2013-01-27 12:39:45 by reilly
- 2013-01-26 18:49 Scoobster - Area Co-ordinator, Salford & Manchester
- Hard to tell if the dog on this link is Black or brown (Due to lighting on the pic) but you might want to check the Pointer on this link , Scroll down until you find the right dog Found 25/01/2013
- 2013-01-25 16:45 reilly
- Is there anyone local to Wandsworth Common who could poster there tomorrow morning please? We haven't been able to rule in or out the possible sighting on Northcote Road so we'd like some posters up to help.
- 2013-01-24 13:46 AnnieSparky - Area Volunteer, West Lancashire
- Thanks for updating reilly......sorry not Angel, thought it was a long shot but worth checking. Will keep looking out for her x
- 2013-01-24 13:41 reilly
- Have spoken to Animal Wardens and it is definitely a male. Warden thinks its may be from a local hunt which would make it a hound not a pointer.
- 2013-01-24 13:26 reilly
- Thanks Annie trying to check it out now....Last edited: 2013-01-24 13:35:45 by reilly
- 2013-01-24 12:30 AnnieSparky - Area Volunteer, West Lancashire
- On Animal Wardens website today at 11.52, says male and English but sometimes worth double checking :
24 Jan 2013 English Pointer
Location: Thirsk YO7
Colour: Brown Tan
Our Ref: 291052
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if availableLast edited: 2013-01-24 12:32:48 by AnnieSparky - Area Volunteer, West Lancashire
- 2013-01-23 21:27 reilly
- Dawn was on national radio last night and did a brilliant job! Take a listen - she's on at 1h 45m into the show. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p013fq9qLast edited: 2013-01-24 10:36:31 by reilly
- 2013-01-23 16:08 reilly
- URGENT - Anyone in the vicinity of Northcote Road, Clapham, London near the Co-op? There has just been a report of a GSP with a long tail on its own trying to get into shops - is there anyone who can check this sighting out? Apparently this dog was seen on Monday too.
- 2013-01-22 11:33 Jackalee - Area Co-ordinator, Greater Manchester
- Just wanted to say what a great job you are doing in spreading the word about Angel. I have just received an email of Angels poster via my dog training club in Oldham, Lancs, I run the club website...keep up the good work and hoping all your hard work pays off very soon.
- 2013-01-20 19:19 reilly
- Hi Jojo, that ad has been checked out, thanks.
Last edited: 2013-01-20 19:55:22 by reilly
- 2013-01-20 17:54 Jojo
- Have u seen this http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/german-short-haired-pointer-kc-registered-purebread-not-a-cocker-spaniel-labrador-shepherd-collie/1005170481
- 2013-01-20 11:32 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Angel is featured in this weeks GUNS TRADE !
- 2013-01-20 11:24 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- PLEASE NOTE FOUND DOG ID 47603 In S75 IS NOT ANGEL !!
Angels owner was called out to this dog last night and was out until the early hours trying to catch it . She has seen it and sadly is sure it is not Angel.
- 2013-01-20 02:32 angel gsp
- Angel was featured in Guns Trade this week, another hoax call today and a call out to a proper gsp :) lost I have posted on dogs found
- 2013-01-16 16:16 reilly
- Yes rachel, thank you!
- 2013-01-15 23:45 rachelmorris
- have you tried following this one up - someone left on your facebook page, looks suspect http://www.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/dogs/4414328
- 2013-01-14 22:08 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- reilly, I've added Angel's age to the details to show up on her DL poster. x
- 2013-01-13 20:31 Jojo
- Thank you for age, I have sent poster to Pointer groups in Ireland,..will keep looking, chin up..
- 2013-01-13 17:23 reilly
- Angel is 4 yrs oldLast edited: 2013-01-13 17:24:11 by reilly
- 2013-01-13 17:16 Jojo
- What is her age?
- 2013-01-13 17:01 reilly
- Thanks Jojo, that girl isn't Angel but thanks for continuing to look.
A reminder to everyone that Angel has a FB page https://www.facebook.com/FindMissingAngel - please like and share.
- 2013-01-13 16:52 Jojo
- 2013-01-12 23:29 kurzhaarww
- @jojo the girl on preloved isn't Angel but have alerted rescue to see if they can help place her.
- 2013-01-12 19:49 Jojo
- 2013-01-12 19:43 Jojo
- http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/107157301/gsp-bitch-needs-new-home.html ...long shot but never know..
- 2013-01-11 18:39 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- BUMPED due to media coverage in this weeks SHOOTING TIMES !
- 2013-01-11 15:26 reilly
- Advert in Shooting Times this week.
- 2013-01-11 08:50 angel gsp
- Angel featured in this weeks countrymans weekly :)
- 2013-01-09 23:24 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
Link to the online article in the Barnsley Independent.
- 2013-01-09 23:21 Majorjet - Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Have updated the group photo and added a photo of what Angel may look like with a DOCKED TAIL.
angel gsp you are doing a fantastic job in your search, rooting for you to have her back home soon. Good luck. xxx
- 2013-01-09 21:53 angel gsp
- There is an article in todays Barnsley Independent featuring Angel
- 2013-01-08 21:32 Bogle
- I spotted a lost poster up here in Gateshead(Tyne and Wear). Have looked out for Angel whilst walking our dog. I have contacted all the local dog rescue kennels including the local council but no joy so far, sorry. We will continue to keep our eyes open. I hope and prey Angel is found safe and sound very soon. Good luck.
- 2013-01-07 10:50 angel gsp
- We have now obtained the DNA profile of both parents and litter mates to help with any ID purposes
- 2013-01-05 20:59 reilly
- I have heard back from the policewoman and the dog she was chasing had a docked tail. She is familiar with gundogs and said it was not a recent docking and the dog was more flecked than Angel so we can rule that sighting out.
- 2013-01-05 14:17 reilly
- We are still waiting for the police lady who helped catch the dog in Keswick to come back to us to say whether she thought it was Angel or not.
- 2013-01-05 14:17 reilly
- We are still waiting for the police lady who helped catch the dog in Keswick to come back to us to say whether she thought it was Angel or not.
- 2013-01-05 12:18 Jayne
- Twitter account for Angel has now been set up - @Find_angel4 please join. Thankyou xx
- 2013-01-05 10:31 Ravenette -Area Coordinator West Sussex
- Any more info on the Keswick sighting? xxx
- 2013-01-04 20:09 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- BUMPED for media coverage in today's Barnsley Chronicle.
- 2013-01-04 17:33 reilly
- Dawn and Angel feature again in the Barnsley Chronicle today.
- 2013-01-02 21:17 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- BUMPED due to media coverage in today's SHEFFIELD STAR . Please see the post below by reilly which shows the link for this article.
- 2013-01-02 20:08 reilly
- Dawn and Angel feature in the Sheffield Star http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/champion-gundog-reported-missing-1-5269674#.UOR-ZT0dWyI.facebook
- 2013-01-02 11:14 reilly
- Had a chat with Keswick Police, but not the officer involved in trying to catch the dog. The officer I spoke to believes the dog was caught and returned to its apparent owner but will ask the officer concerned to call me and I have emailed photos of Angel so we can try to establish whether it was her or not.
JSTAR, no I hadn't - will take a look at that now, thanks.
- 2013-01-02 06:14 JSTAR
- Have you seen 46846 missing cocker, Hampshire. They say a van was in the area, no mention of colour but they have the registration and it is registered in Newcastle.
- 2013-01-01 23:11 WOLF
- Also shared with the rescue I volunteer for. Matching Partners Canine Rescue so lots of people aware.
- 2013-01-01 23:09 WOLF
- Gonna have a drive to Keswick in the morning and have a search around for a few hours. It's only 14 miles away from where I live.
- 2013-01-01 22:23 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Does anyone local to Keswick know if there are any Facebook groups local to Keswick so we can pass the word on about the dog that was seen yesterday and maybe find others who saw the dog or know if it was caught ?
- 2013-01-01 22:05 reilly
- Thanks Helen and Annie. I've emailed the police with that info to see if they can tell us whether the dog was caught or not. Dawn called them earlier but they said they didn't have any record of a dog being found.
- 2013-01-01 20:27 Helen
- It was approximately 11.30am/12pm. It was definately the same breed of dog but ran past me so fast with people trying to catch it. Woman police officer commented that it had been giving her the run around, not sure if they caught it as headed in direction of station street.
- 2013-01-01 19:09 angel gsp
- Helen, did you know if they caught the dog yesterday and how similar looking was the dog ? What time of day was it ?Last edited: 2013-01-01 19:11:10 by angel gsp
- 2013-01-01 17:54 AnnieSparky - Area Volunteer, West Lancashire
- Would it be worth ringing Keswick neighbourhood police team to see if they can give any info ? Link for contact:
Website says ring 101 or 0845 330 0247
or email AllerdaleRuralNPT@cumbria.police.uk
- 2013-01-01 17:35 Helen
- I saw a similar looking dog running through the Market Square of Keswick yesterday. There was a couple of men trying to catch it along with two police officers.
- 2013-01-01 16:47 WOLF
- Did not receive an alert about this sighting. However I will go to Keswick tomorrow morning to do a search. Too dark now.
- 2013-01-01 16:12 reilly
- 2013-01-01 16:12 Foggydog
- A local gamekeeper suggested advertizing in countryman's weekly? Thinking of you and Harvey's owner. met a male GSHP in Bourton on the water this morning and the owner had been tweeted about Angel. Everyone is trying to help...keep the momentum going! Lots of love xx
- 2013-01-01 14:47 AnnieSparky - Area Volunteer, West Lancashire
- May have already been done but just incase have emailed Angels poster to Keswick Leisure Centre, they are closed today but open early tomorrow. Notice they have a facebook page too (sorry I'm not on F/B).
Have also emailed her poster to Keswick tourist information centre. Am not sure who the dog wardens are for this area.
Sorry not close enough to physically look......hoping Angel is found very soon x
- 2013-01-01 14:33 haylee7
- Hopefully this will bring a bit of comfort to the owners of Angel, our 6 month old border terrier Monty was stolen from our back garden in Barnsley this time last year. After days and days and lots and lots of worry and upset we had a call from a member of the public who had found him abandoned 35 miles away near a gypsy camp and had seen his picture on "dog lost". Miracles can and do happen. Please just carry on doing what you're doing. xxxxxx
- 2013-01-01 13:38 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent out to Keswick Cumbria.
- 2013-01-01 12:23 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- BUMPED for media coverage in todays Yorkshire Post and also as we have a sighting yesterday of a dog like Angel running away from a man in a car park behind the leisure centre in Keswick
- 2013-01-01 10:29 reilly
- Angel is featured on p7 of todays Yorkshire Post. Can't find it online unfortunately.
- 2013-01-01 07:44 CJ - Police Contact Co-ordinator
- Police appeal media link and radio must surely bring some vital information as to where she has gone to?
- 2012-12-31 19:20 LisaMell - Area Volunteer, Herefordshire
- To dawn and family...thinking of you and wishing so much that Angel comes home very soon in 2013. Love and hugs to you all xxxx
- 2012-12-31 18:55 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- BUMPED ! Dawn was interviewed again today by RADIO SHEFFIELD. Please see the post below by reilly for more details
- 2012-12-31 18:02 reilly
- Dawn has been interviewed again on Radio Sheffield today on Dean Pepall's 4-6pm show (at 1hr 40min in) http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/radio/bbc_radio_sheffield/listenlive The invitation to be interviewed came as a result of the police issuing an appeal http://www.southyorks.police.uk/appeals-information/police-appeal-information-locate-high-value-gundog-barnsleyLast edited: 2012-12-31 18:03:16 by reilly
- 2012-12-28 14:16 A Wallington
- I do hope you find Angel soon. I know what you are going for as my dog Harvey went missing on the same day in the East Anglia region. I saw your vid on YouTube - did it give you any responses? Keep strong, though I know its so, so hard. ALi x
- 2012-12-28 10:00 B30
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-12-27 13:21 reilly
- Claire, thank you for taking the time to do that.
Wicked Weims, I agree, but I must say that generally people have been very, very helpful, not just in the dog community.
- 2012-12-26 23:30 wickedweims
- WHY DO PEOPLE THINK ITS JUST A DOG
To most people on here its our friend our companion our close friend people really pi.... me off when they say oh its only a dog
- 2012-12-26 16:42 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi Reilly, i did take the liberty of asking a few more questions of the lady who had a collision nr Wetherby and below is her niece response. At least this will rule out Angel.
We called yesterday and left a message and this morning we have had a call back from the officer who was at the scene and he told us the dog was a black and white lurcher type dog, he didnt have any other info. The incident number doesnt contain any details about the dog, sadly the officer who compiled it didnt think it was necessary info - it just says 'a dog' :(
I think its safe to say it was NOT Angel.
My aunt is doing well, I hope you get some info on Angel x
Claire Weston Turville
Hi Katie, trying to help Angel's owner Dog ID 45978 but would your auntie have a police reference number from her accident? Guess this would be used in her motor insurance claim for her car. The police have told Reilly that there was no reported incident of a dog involved in RTA! It maybe that she is asking the wrong department of the North Yorks police. It would be very good to rule this dog out in her quest to find her beloved pet. I sincerely hope that your antie is feeling a lot better from this nasty incident. Merry Christmas to you all. Thank you for any help you can give Reilly. x
Last edited: 2012-12-26 16:44:48 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2012-12-26 15:37 reilly
- Reported sighting of a dog looking very much like Angel last week in Longford Park, Longford Road Coventry CV6 6BG - the person who reported it is familiar with the area and has not seen that dog there previously. Could anyone in that area please keep an eye out. Last edited: 2012-12-26 15:39:46 by reilly
- 2012-12-25 23:05 Nigel and Cathy
- Dearest Angel, we just wanted to let you know that you are still in our hearts and on this Christmas Day we send you all our love and to your family too.......lets have you home soon x
- 2012-12-24 12:10 reilly
- Spoken to Radio Leeds re the call Jayne posted about below and it was the report of the dog on the motorway last Monday which we know about and turned out to be a boxer.
- 2012-12-23 16:49 reilly
- I emailed the police re the A1 incident and they have no record of an accident involving a dog unfortunately.
- 2012-12-22 14:37 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Had a call from a member of the public to say he heard on Radio Leeds this week...unsure of date that a GSHP had ben picked up in Ledds town centre...have pased on info to owner.
- 2012-12-21 21:54 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- hi did you also talk to the police as they would have a better knowledge as they attended the scene.
- 2012-12-21 20:17 reilly
- Had a reply from Highways who are adamant they have no record of any incident involving a dog on that stretch of the A1 in December, so we are not too sure where to go from there.....
No more calls as far as I know and I think the owner has postered quite heavily in the area including around traveller sites.Last edited: 2012-12-21 20:18:49 by reilly
- 2012-12-21 20:15 Millypod - Social Media Team NW
- Well done Dawn on the radio interview, fingers crossed you get that all important call.
- 2012-12-21 17:12 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- anymore info from police on the deceased dog in RTA.
- 2012-12-21 17:06 liana
- Had a feeling it wasn't her due to no more sightings, have you had any more calls? Also has anyone been round to all local traveller sights? Not saying they took her but worth a look.
- 2012-12-21 15:06 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- BUMPED ! Angels owner was interviewed yesterday on BBC RADIO SHEFFIELD . See the post just below made by Reilly which gives full details
- 2012-12-21 14:10 reilly
- The dog sighted on the M1 on 16/12 has been ruled out as Angel.
- 2012-12-20 20:38 reilly
- Angel's owner was on BBC Radio Sheffield news today on Dean Pepall's show. This is the link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p011n7d6 she's on an hour into the show in the news programme and also about 1h20mins in she is interviewed.Last edited: 2012-12-20 22:06:03 by reilly
- 2012-12-19 19:34 reilly
- I have contacted the Highways Agency re found dog mentioned below but apparently they can take 15 days to respond so tomorrow I will try finding out via the police.
- 2012-12-19 18:43 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Sadly there is a post on Found dog id 46402
Truly hope this is not Angel but I think this is somewhere near the area for Angel. Sincerely hope its not her.
- 2012-12-19 07:15 wensmum
- 2012-12-18 21:47 smudge74
- I don't have any info to this specific case. My brother lives in Penistone and works his dogs. He has mentioned to me before about working dogs going "missing" and turning up on nearby traveller's sites. I will try to get some more details. I'm not sure where the sites are/were or if they are even still there. I'll let the owner know if I come up with anything
- 2012-12-18 15:17 reilly
- Smudge74, if you have any information that might help on the search for Angel relating to the situation you mention below could you please let the owner know on 07921 682002 or Dog Lost admin or if you prefer us the 'contact us' button on Angel's webpage http://www.missingangel.co.uk/ Many thanks
- 2012-12-18 12:54 smudge74
- Any updates on this one? I'm always concerned when a working dog goes missing in this area that it might of ended up on a traveller's site. Has anyone looked into this? Especially as there haven't been any confirmed sightings. I am not being prejudiced, but I used to live over that way and know of a few working dogs who went missing and were found on a site :/
- 2012-12-18 09:33 Nigel and Cathy
- Wishing you all the luck in the world today, everything crossed here to get this beauty home xxx
- 2012-12-18 07:34 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Goodluck team Angel...
- 2012-12-17 23:47 kurzhaarww
- SEARCH PLANS FOR 18TH DECEMBER.
Anyone who can help Dawn search tomorrow please meet at the Old Post Office Bar, 600 Huddersfield Road, Barnsley, S75 4DE at 9.30am.
If you can't make that time, please text Dawn (07921 682002) as you are arriving to the general area and she will tell you where she'd like you to search.
- 2012-12-17 17:35 Owl
- Reilly, I have lost your phone number but you have mine, give me a call if you like.
- 2012-12-17 16:17 liana
- This could be a long shot but there are so many CCTV on the m1 could the highways look into this or even go to moto they have CCTV in the car park.
- 2012-12-17 16:04 liana
- Ive walked all the way round long field all the way up to the post office, sadly could not see here, drove round darton, kex,cawthorne and Baugh green had to come home. I've tweeted the police and highways it's been 24 hours since she was spotted hope someone has picked her up and they will ring.
- 2012-12-17 15:20 reilly
- 2012-12-17 15:19 Riverlady - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- adjusted now.....if they open link they will see this page.... the placename alerts the area.
- 2012-12-17 15:03 mathers22
- Riverlady - you've put ANGEL Liver GSD instead of GS Pointer - don't know if it's relevant or not!! xx
- 2012-12-17 14:16 Riverlady - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- have tweeted to Barnsley forums, news + locals.
- 2012-12-17 14:03 Riverlady - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- circulating on twitter.....
ANGEL Liver GSD SIGHTED http://bit.ly/Vt9oGB #Barnsley #J38 #M1 Plz RT
- 2012-12-17 14:01 Ravenette -Area Coordinator West Sussex
- Everything crossed that this sighting brings Angel home. Stay safe beautiful xxx
- 2012-12-17 14:00 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Thanks liana ! I have spoken to 'team' Angel and they say they have been in contact with you. Everything crossed here xxx
- 2012-12-17 13:12 liana
- just seen this myself and hubby will go now can someone text me on 07415033538 or 07938239895 going to the long field very close to the area
- 2012-12-17 12:40 LisaMell - Area Volunteer, Herefordshire
- Please let it be Angel!!! Fingers and toes crossed. Stay away from the road dear girl xxx
- 2012-12-17 12:34 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- BUMPED as we have a possible SIGHTING for yesterday of Angel on the hard shoulder of the M1 close to Junction 38 heading towards Barnsley. This is quite close to The Old Post Office Pub . Anyone local Please look out for her !!!
- 2012-12-17 11:29 reilly
- Possibly sighting yesterday - man 99.9% sure he saw her running on hard shoulder of M1 close to Junction 38 heading towards towards Barnsley.
Last edited: 2012-12-17 12:21:30 by reilly
- 2012-12-16 22:23 Julie
- Posted on Rescue Helpers Unite website. Hope she's home soon. x
- 2012-12-16 17:42 Christine Williams
- I hope Angel is found soon. Hugs to her owners xx Posted on facebook & twitter.
- 2012-12-15 17:22 Maggie
- Hope Angel is home very soon xLast edited: 2012-12-16 09:22:46 by Maggie
- 2012-12-15 16:51 reilly
- Angel has a new Facebook page Find Missing Angel
Please share her page with your friendsLast edited: 2012-12-15 18:26:10 by reilly
- 2012-12-15 12:37 kurzhaarww
- Thank you Pennybee for adding Angel to your website .... Just hope the phone rings today
- 2012-12-14 20:33 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Click on the orange tag to discover more....Tx Pennybee for putting Angel on your website....
- 2012-12-14 20:27 Pennybee
- I have added a photo of Angel to my website with a link to this page. I have a particular soft spot for GSDs. I hope she is found safe and well soon.
- 2012-12-14 20:12 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- TX Snoopy!
- 2012-12-14 19:35 Snoopy
- Have cross posted to Dog Rescue World forum. Hope some information comes from the newspaper article.
- 2012-12-14 19:22 reilly
- I agree Lankeela. Rare was a strange word to use but at least it is publicity and will get Angel further into the public domain.
Amberpaws we are trying to raise awareness nationally so please poster local vets, petrol filling stations, pubs etc - basically anywhere that will take a poster from you!
- 2012-12-14 17:49 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- There is an article about Angel in today's BARNSLEY CHRONICLE.
- 2012-12-14 17:04 angi
- I have been checking ads to just in case xx
- 2012-12-14 14:34 Lankeela
- Strange headline/story, making out the dog is rare and you could get the reward if you find it! http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/1-000-reward-for-missing-cawthorne-dog-1-5220472
- 2012-12-14 08:21 amberpaws
- I keep checking hoping there is some news of this beautiful girl. All the internet searches I've tried bring up results of missing Angel already posted. Will keep looking online. Wish I was nearer to give practical help (East Anglia. Cannot imagine the owner's heartbreak - GSPs are such amazing dogs.
- 2012-12-13 22:46 reilly
- Feature on Angel in Sheffield Star tonight. Can't see anything online though.
- 2012-12-13 19:39 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Do let us know so we can bump Angel...
- 2012-12-13 19:09 reilly
- A possible sighting that was called in yesterday came to nothing unfortunately.
The Barnsley Chronicle interviewed Angel's owner earlier this week and we are hoping there will be an article in there tomorrow.
- 2012-12-13 17:31 kurzhaarww
- Still no news on Angel Liana, I have messaged her owner Dawn with your contact details. Thank you so much x
- 2012-12-13 13:24 liana
- I live in Mapplewell not sure what the latest developments are but if anyone needs any help let me know. Email is email@example.com
- 2012-12-12 20:32 kurzhaarww
- Big thank you to everyone for their mega efforts to spread the word on Angel. The tweet campaign had seen some amazing retweets spreading angels poster to unimaginable numbers of people. Reports also coming in of posters in evidence in taxis, haulage wagons, pet shops, vets, groomers, schools, shops/ supermarkets from one end of uk to the other. People power at its best . Thank you one n all x
- 2012-12-12 15:53 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Sorry had to delete a few posts including my own to avoid giving too much away...local helpers in the area have been alerted and owner aware in fact in the place as we speak...Highforce do ring me on 07734 759154...
- 2012-12-12 15:37 wickedweims
- 2012-12-12 15:35 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- 2012-12-12 14:44 Highforce
- 2012-12-12 14:19 LisaMell - Area Volunteer, Herefordshire
- Come on Angel!! Where are you ?? Thinking about you and your family xxxx
- 2012-12-12 14:01 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- 2012-12-12 11:42 Craigmyle GSP
- We are spreading the word in Scotland! I have some contacts in Ireland too which I hear can be popular for stolen dogs. I can't imagine how you must be feeling.
- 2012-12-11 20:23 reilly
- I agree Chriso. I've sent an email to admin to alert them. I'm using and Mac and an iPhone to post, and thought that might be the problem.
chrisreynolds - I tried to message you on FB - did you get some posters?
- 2012-12-11 19:25 Chriso
- reilly when I have previously posted on my FB page, a pic of the dog usually appears. But not for Angel. The show preview is there.
I think it draws more attention to the dog that is lost if people can see a pic straight away, instead of clicking on the link
- 2012-12-11 16:23 Ravenette -Area Coordinator West Sussex
- I tried to share Angel on FB last week and the photo didn't show, I have posted a few dogs since and their pics have, I just tried to share Angel again and still no pic? Is this something that can be resolved as I feel it is important to share her far and wide xxx
- 2012-12-11 15:26 reilly
- Hi Chriso, can you explain a little more what you mean? Do you mean when you share this page on your FB page? You can click on the view poster (above) yourself and click share that way the poster link will be posted, but I understand what you mean about the photo of her not showing up in the little 'Dog Lost Box' that shows on your page - I've had that issue with several Dog Lost links over the past few weeks and I think it is something between DL and FB rather than specific to Angel's page or poster.
- 2012-12-11 14:55 Chriso
- can anyone tell me why an image of Angel doesn't appear when I post on Facebook.
I just get a link and feel that a poster of Angel would be more helpful.
- 2012-12-11 08:38 June
- Just to let you know that I saw an appeal for Angel on the forum at a large dog training/agility site in the South, and is also on the GSP rescue SW which is where I first saw her. I do hope she is back soon.
- 2012-12-10 20:59 Lynn
- I have shared on my FB page , and posted on my friends page as she lives up this way, i've asked her to cross post and to ask her friends and family to do the same, fingers crossed she will be so famous like Charley (who lives near to me) and will be home soon, stay positive! it will only be a matter of tme untill she gets spotted !! xx
- 2012-12-10 20:57 reilly
- The owner has just discovered that the week before Angel went missing, a woman with long dark hair got out the passenger side of a white transit van and tried to grab a Weimaraner but was seen. This was about five mins walk from Angel's owner's house, which is about a five minute drive from where Angel went missing.
If anyone has any further info about this incident it might be helpful in finding Angel.
And thank you Tosh for your help.
- 2012-12-10 20:34 kurzhaarww
- Another 24 hr on and still no news :( Thank you everyone for continued support in spreading the news and keeping your eyes open for Angel. Please let there be news soon.
- 2012-12-10 19:44 Tosh
- Hi iam a courier who delivers around barnsley if i sight your loving dog i will get in touch asap...hope u find her...
- 2012-12-10 18:41 Riverlady - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- glad you let me know coz we have been using #findangel as the hashtag....but put placenames as well. Have amended to #findmissingangel
- 2012-12-10 13:27 Vicki, Millie & Bryn
- Can I recommend you place an advert on this website (http://www.dragondriving.co.uk/puppies.php . Post her as missing and highlight the substantial reward (no questions asked etc). A friend got her little girl back after a year finally from posting on this site. Wishing you luck.
- 2012-12-09 23:14 kurzhaarww
- Thank you to everyone who is putting up posters and spreading the word. Unfortunately still no positive news to report so it's vital to keep going, if she has been picked up she could be anywhere by now so if people will put up posters and perhaps display one in your car? Every little helps.
Also if people can tweet please add #findmissingangel , a few celebs have re tweeted for us so far. It's all lost on me but the aim is to get it Trending ? Last edited: 2012-12-09 23:16:24 by kurzhaarww
- 2012-12-09 15:07 liana
- I live in Mapplewell and I've seen all your posters well done, is there anywhere near where she went missing that has CCTV or speed camera? Maybe worth o visit to the police I've too heard of a white van hanging around yards.
- 2012-12-09 13:51 mandymoo
- As a fellow GSP owner living 20 mins away from where Angel went missing I have found the news of Angel's disappearance upsetting. I work for the ambulance service and will get Angel's posters put up in both Barnsley stations ( and hopefully wakefield) tonight. A lot of my colleagues are dog lovers and the substantial reward will help in opening their eyes are ears. Good Luck
- 2012-12-09 08:57 reilly
- Possible sighting of dog similar to Angel but possibly older running round in Bennington Hebbington end lane. Update: apparently this is near Stevenage and it was Friday so it is unlikely but we are trying to get it checked out.Last edited: 2012-12-09 09:37:29 by reilly
- 2012-12-08 20:05 Goldenlady
- Yes Reilly will do. I am not very good at cross posting, but will see if I can send a link to South Yorkshire
- 2012-12-08 18:50 wickedweims
- Have spoken to owner and passed her information that had been passed to me as regards 2 white vans seen parked up near the area that angel went missing good luck
- 2012-12-08 18:48 reilly
- Angel now has a webpage http://www.missingangel.co.uk/ Hopefully once it has been running for about a day Google will pull it to the top of search results for anyone searching for lost GSP.
Thank you Goldenlady, that's very helpful. Do you think you could ask anyone who sees the white van in the area again might try to take a note of the number plate please?
- 2012-12-08 18:42 Goldenlady
- We live near Barnsley so will keep a look out. I have posted this to my fb as has my daughter who has lots of horse friends around the area. A white van has been noticed around several horse fields in the Barnsley area this week.
- 2012-12-08 17:51 TracyB - Area Co-ordinator, Barnsley
- Cross posted to my Facebook page and notified local rescue BADAW who live in Cawthorne. Can I suggest taking posters upto Cannon Hall area as busy with walkers, and notifing Dearne FM 01226 204040, plus South Yorkshire Lost and Found. Jumanji is problem one step ahead of me as I havent been online much recently. But my FB is full of local rescues & dog people. Fingers crossed that Angel turns up quickly
- 2012-12-08 12:23 kurzhaarww
- Still no news, out leafleting local area, shops, petrol stations, pet shops etc. PLEASE note a FOUR FIGURE SUM REWARD is on offer for safe return ... Please mark posters to that effect. Thanks K
- 2012-12-08 09:02 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- LOL beyond me as well I just pass the message on to our Twitter queen Riverlady...
- 2012-12-07 23:15 kurzhaarww
- Jayne / Sue/ Riverlady thank you for your help I can manage FB but Twittering is beyond me x Last edited: 2012-12-07 23:15:45 by kurzhaarww
- 2012-12-07 22:53 SueAdams/Katelands
- Already done
- 2012-12-07 22:41 reilly
- Thank you so much Riverlady.
Sue - do you think your daughter and her friends could help with the retweeting please?
- 2012-12-07 22:32 SueAdams/Katelands
- Exactly, and it became news and then she was 'given up' by a fellow school mum. The woman didn't give the dog up without it turning nasty, the deciding factor was the micro-chip. Everyone just tweet onto everything.
- 2012-12-07 22:26 Riverlady - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- copy of tweet circulating.....
ANGEL Liver + White GSP MISSING http://bit.ly/Vt9oGB #Barugh Green #Barnsley #S75 #findangel Plz RT
We tweet every few hours for a few days.....we get the ball rolling.....Charleys owner tweeted a lot himself and built up a following who all retweeted as well.
- 2012-12-07 22:25 SueAdams/Katelands
- Re Tweeting, I am not much good, but in the case of Charley, I understand from my daughter that tweets become more and more viral, so if you hashtag to a celeb then it gets noticed etc. It was a random tweet to a school mum that resulted in Charley being found. Just latch on to every tweet you can with a description, make her 'TOO HOT' to keep hold of. BTW it was my hubby who identified Charley after this mum became suspicious, she was bought for £150 at local pub, so it does work. With Charley they hashtaged katie price (yes I know) but mums look at that. If she has been taken she won't be in the area any more...so to get it out nationally will be great. It says she is spayed on here, put that out asap, so if they took her for breeding they don't hold on to her, things like that.Last edited: 2012-12-07 22:30:09 by SueAdams/Katelands
- 2012-12-07 22:05 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Will get our twitter queen onto this....
- 2012-12-07 21:52 reilly
- Kate, we have tried to get her on twitter #angelmissing but we don't seem to have much success - I don't think there are many prolific tweeters amongst us :-(
In fact think part of the problem with getting her out there generally is that the GSP community is relatively small so we are doing what we can with the manpower we have but could do with help from others.
- 2012-12-07 21:43 SueAdams/Katelands
- The news that got charley back...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-20607157
- 2012-12-07 21:37 SueAdams/Katelands
- Re the recent finding of 'Charley' the bull dog in Birmingham, the dog was stolen from a burglary. The dog was spotted as a result of an intense twitter campaign which went viral..found in B'ham 6 weeks later as a direct result of the tweets, walking to school with 'new owners' . I suggest that twitter be used in full force, it won't do any harm, and can project Angel into the media/ social media.
- 2012-12-07 20:09 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Bumped...if anone local would like to help please call owner....tx
- 2012-12-07 19:59 kurzhaarww
- A few friends are meeting up tomorrow and plan to bombard the area with posters .. Still no news. an everyone please keep an eye open, cross post and get posters to wherever you can x
- 2012-12-07 17:58 Baggy Dog
- Sorry to hear that this lovely dog is missing. I’ve found that it helps to print out an A4 sheet of paper cut into business-card size slips, each with brief details and your phone number on. Give them to all the local dog walkers, postmen etc. you meet. Then if someone has news when they’re out and about they don’t need to find a poster or log on to the site to contact you. Not everyone recognises this breed - some are even mistaken for dobermanns. Hope she's home soon.
- 2012-12-07 15:47 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Please make sure we are also updated as have the ability to mass email out to our helpers any sightings leads as they are not all on facebook tx.
- 2012-12-07 15:39 reilly
- Angel now has a Facebook page in order to be able to co-ordinate the search and as another place for folks to post possible sightings or useful information.
- 2012-12-07 14:25 kurzhaarww
- Been in touch with Dawn, going over to Barnsley tomorrow and will take leaflets to pubs in surrounding area in case she has been picked up. Perhaps others could do similar in adjacent areas ? Lots of folks have been phoning round vets and rescues etc to keep her high profile.
Ay other ideas welcomed Last edited: 2012-12-07 14:26:29 by kurzhaarww
- 2012-12-07 11:18 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Thanks everyone for your messages of support for owners you can help make this dog too hot too handle whereever you are by pressing the share button and sending link to this page out far and wide.
- 2012-12-07 10:46 LisaMell - Area Volunteer, Herefordshire
- Hi Dawn, just wanted to offer a little support to you whilst Angel is missing. Im too far away as well to do anything practical but just wanted to send love and that I am praying hard Angel is home very very soon.As the Mum of 2 GSPs I cant even start to imagine how you are feeling.Sending love and really positive thoughts xxxx
- 2012-12-07 00:57 chrisreynolds
- I have walked from Mapplewell to Cawthorne and back vie barugh green, calling the dogs name every few hundred yards to no joy. It was quite late and pitch black in places but have tried to look in ditches etc. I am hoping i will be finishing work early tommorow so if she is still missing i will be out again. Hope she comes home safe soon xxx
- 2012-12-06 18:44 kurzhaarww
- Dawn I can't imaging how you are feeling, too far away to be much practical help but I am thinking about you both and hope you get news that someone has her safe and warm real soon xx
- 2012-12-06 18:02 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Have just spoken briefly with Angels owner as she was trying to get to Cliffe Kennels before they closed to check if Angel had been taken there.
Dog warden and Petlog have been informed and a message had been left on the kennels answerphone.
After their walk Angels owner had put her other dogs into her car and walked back to the field to see where Angel had got to. As she returned to her car she saw a white van pulling away. We don't know for sure if she Angel was picked up by this van but if this was the case hopefully they thought she was lost and will hand her into Cliffe Kennels, get her scanned at a vets or report finding her to the dog warden which is a legal requirement.
Hoping this girl is back home very soon x x
- 2012-12-06 16:05 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- I live about 20 minutes drive away and will call Angels owner when I get home in about half an hour x
- 2012-12-06 13:30 Highforce
- I'm another friend of Dawn, Angels owner, again too far away to help but I've spoken to her in last half-hour and there is still no sign of Angel, police/dog warden all informed. Another friend is on her way to help give her some support. Come on Angel, hurry home, your mum needs you!!
- 2012-12-06 13:10 reilly
- This is a friend's dog. Unfortunately I am too far away to help with the physical search and putting posters up but I'm doing what I can from a computer. I've just spoken to her and I think she could really do with the support of someone local - is there anyone who can help?
- 2012-12-06 11:15 Owl
- Just a gentle reminder that not all drivers of anonymous white vans are up to no good. I drive one myself, and have been reported a couple of times for suspicious activity. Not that I mind, it shows people are keeping their eyes open. If the white van people have picked her up and are honest we will soon know, if not we need to spread the news far and wide.
- 2012-12-06 11:02 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in s70,71,72,73,74,75. will do more when Spoken to local co ordinator and asessed where Barugh Green is...
- 2012-12-06 10:53 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Angel was only 50 yards away in a field she knows well..owner was putting her other dogs in the car when Angel disappeared...worryingly a white transit van was in the area when she disappeared.
- 2012-12-06 10:40
- Sorry to see that ANGEL MISSING TWO YEARS is missing.
- If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and check that all details are up to date.
- A photograph of your dog is essential for the website. If you have not already uploaded one, please do so by clicking on Update details. Alternatively you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the dog's DogLost ID number: (45978)
- Obtain a missing poster by clicking on View poster above. Posters are very important so start postering now!
- You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments. You can add comments by clicking on Click here to add a comment.
- Contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, the Police. Give a detailed description with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your area here.
- If your dog has been stolen inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN).
- If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, it can be legally re-homed after seven days. Visit rescue centres in person and do not rely on checking by phone alone. Other people may not recognise your dog by your description, so give them a DogLost poster.
- Keep us updated by keeping your dog's page up to date and check for posts from helpers who may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings
- DogLost is free and anyone asking for money to find or return your dog is not volunteering for us. If you are concerned about an approach you have received, please call our helpline on 0844 800 3220. Lines are open seven days a week 07:00-21:00.