Lost: Black Cross Breed Female In South East (SW9)
- Dog ID 42710
- Status Lost
- Registered 04 Sep 2012
- Name KAYA
- Breed Cross Breed
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Adult
- Colour black
- Marks & Scars Wearing a pink collar.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 03 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Stockwell Road,Brixton.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area SW9
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 07808 167532
- Phone 2 07729 721399
- Reward? yes
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 2577
- See more dogs Lost in SW9
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-02-17 12:29 katemily
- Called chip company last week as I moved flat to update and tell them she is still missing. I ha e sent posters to vets in a 10 mile radius. Still putting posters up.. Going to BDCH again today to check the new dogs that came in. Had a phone call last week from a young girl who said she saw a similar dog in Brixton with some boys. there is a very similar dog I saw in Brixton with a red collar and many people have confused it with my dog.
Thanks again for all your help and support. I really think someone is keeping her probably she is not even in london anymore..
- 2013-02-17 10:14 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2013-02-17 10:01 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Email from owner who is still searching and thinks that someone is keeping her. Poster power is the best way. Owner needs to make sure chip company have all deatils and correct phone numbers and to advise still searching for her.
- 2013-01-08 18:14 reggiemollieros
- Well done katemily. It must be very hard to keep going. There are a group of men who drink outside Stockwell tube station and they sometimes have dogs with them. Is there an off licence nearby who would display a poster? I would not approach them yourself. If you also speak dog wardens from the surrounding areas and make them aware of her. I sort of understand why the Brixton dog warden said that but it is early days for us to rule out that she wont be presented to a vet at some point and hope that they are the ones that routinely scan, do let the local PDSA know and also the RSPCA hospital in Putney, you will see them on their website. I will also get you a website that Rag's owner set up which is very useful for you to check off what you have done and maybe some stuff you have not thought of yet. http://www.lostdogresources.co.uk Last edited: 2013-01-08 18:23:23 by reggiemollieros
- 2013-01-07 22:26 katemily
- Thanks! I sent emails with kaya s poster in lots of homeless shelters in london today. I ve put posters up in Brixton, Stockwell, camberwell, vauxall, kennigton and clapham area. The local newspaper in Brixton also did an article about her! Doglost has her microchip number. I used to take her to Goddard vets and they have a posters, I sent it to other vets in the area. I talked to the dog warden in Brixton and she said that surely someone got her and decided to keep her and they might never take her to a vet.. I hoped that with a reward things would change but nothing
- 2013-01-07 22:06 reggiemollieros
- I emailed London Dog Forum website so Kaya should be on there by now. I emailed a Rescue in South East London and posted on a few Facebook walls. Tweeted too.
- 2013-01-06 21:14 reggiemollieros
- I don't know that end of Brixton well. I am up at the top of Brixton Hill Streatham Hill area...there was someone else on here who offered to help SW8 area - yvonne - one of the earlier comments. I will put up some plastic coated posters in the dog walking areas up this end as soon as I can. I will keep sharing on twitter too. What we really need is for a vet to scan her...did you add her microchip details to Doglost database? Don't put them on here if you have not best to keep it private from a public page but am sure Admin will help with that.
There was a dog missing from SW2 called Leo - he was reunited but he did end up at a kennels outside of London and he was taken to Southwark police station by the finder. Have a look on his page maybe you can give that kennels a call. By the way I was thinking the Community Police, the ones that walk around in yellow jackets.
Also Goddard Vets have you contacted them? There is one in Brixton and one in Kennington and in the past when I have emailed them a poster they have been very helpful. Last edited: 2013-01-06 21:32:03 by reggiemollieros
- 2013-01-06 20:34 katemily
- thank you so much for all the advice reggiemollieros! i will have a look at hostels. i have talked to dog walkers in the area but i ll look on google if i can find more.. talked to the police but they weren t so keen..i walked again today putting posters up in brockwell park, i really don t understand how a dog can dissapear like that!
- 2013-01-06 19:01 reggiemollieros
- Also if you could email her photo to any hostels for the homeless that allow pets (or not) in case she has been taken as a stray by someone. More eyes and ears you can get the better. Dog walking services in the South West London area you can find them on google. Email them all ask them to look out. I am sure you have already done a lot and it is exhausting however sometimes if you try other options it could spark a memory in someone. What are the community police like in your area? Could you go speak to them and ask them to look too? I have shared her again now.
- 2013-01-05 21:06 reggiemollieros
- Katemily are you on Facebook? It might help to set up a Facebook page and raise more awareness. Keep this as the main page of course but it can help. I think you put Kaya on gumtree earlier on but might be worth doing another one. Also if you are internet savvy go on local forums even if they are not dog related and post her photo with an appeal. I am happy to help you with a FB page if you want to do one. SE1 has a forum for local postings. I am sure there is one for Brixton too. Like I said below I shall post where I can.
- 2013-01-05 20:44 reggiemollieros
- Have shared on twitter will share on facebook too, so sorry Kaya is still missing.
- 2013-01-05 17:50 mathers22
- I've put her on facebook in case it helps xx
- 2013-01-05 07:12 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- new photos of Kayla added to posters and new contact one number - still missing and owners still searching
- 2013-01-04 11:57 katemily
- Still haven't found her! I put posters up every week and go to BDCH to check but nothing.. I just want her back! I am worried that someone took her away from the area. Please help me find her Last edited: 2013-01-04 12:00:33 by katemily
- 2012-09-08 11:34 reggiemollieros
- I saw a poster in Balham at the bus stop outside McDonalds. Is there any news on Kaya or sightings at all? Last edited: 2012-09-08 11:34:55 by reggiemollieros
- 2012-09-06 15:43 Abbalish
- 294388 report made at BDCH
- 2012-09-06 12:14 yvonne
- Hi i live in sw8 is there any news or any posters that need putting up or just anything to help bring the girl home
- 2012-09-04 10:10 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in SW1,2,3,4,8,9,10,11,12. SE1,5,11,17,24.
- 2012-09-04 10:01
- Sorry to see that KAYA is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.