Lost: Black Labrador Cross Female In East Anglia (CB24)
- Dog ID 40439
- Status Lost
- Registered 17 Jun 2012
- Name BEAR
- Breed Labrador Cross
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Young Adult
- Colour black
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Over weight.
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 17 Jun 2012
- Where Lost Oakington.
- Lost In Region East Anglia
- Lost In Post Area CB24
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Missing from her new home so is unfamiliar with the area. Bear was wearing a thin blue collar with a tag that had her previous owners details on it.
- Phone 1 07803 182718
- Phone 2
- Listed By Macavity
- Views 1971
- See more dogs Lost in CB24
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-20 12:01 chelseyfj
- Chelsey from poochie parlour in cambridge here. I have a client who has seen a black lab type dog around her area since easter. It hasnt got a collar on, she has sent me a photo and it could be bear but not too sure. She has been seen at turpyn court, montrose walk and hanson court. The owner is willing to meet someone to show them where she has seen the dog. It has been in the same area since easter.
- 2013-03-28 21:42 laurie
- I have posted on my page on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pets-Missing-and-FoundNewmarket-Local-areas/165291133625355?bookmark_t=page
- 2012-10-14 07:43 reggiemollieros
- There is a found dog listed about 60 miles from your location, at the moment this is a sighting. They have not put gender yet. Here is the link http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=43953
- 2012-07-17 15:39 Macavity
- Update: unfortunately although food was going from where we were leaving it we are now certain it is not Bear taking it and she has not been spotted for over 2 weeks now. We had a false alarm when someone found a body, but on investigation turned out not to be a dog. I think she may have moved away from the area now.
- 2012-06-29 16:06 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- So pleased Bear is staying in the area. Hopefully she will go in the trap soon. keeping everything crossed for you.
- 2012-06-29 12:48 Macavity
- Not been back to the area where we have set the trap yet, but was spotted by someone not too far away last night. She appeared fit and healthy but I suspect enjoying her freedom too much to give herself up yet!
- 2012-06-26 19:05 Macavity
- Thank you so much to Chris for the loan of the trap and to the Cambridge DW who sourced it for us - this gives us our best chance of catching Bear as she was fearful of being approached. We have set this up and are baiting it every night. Although Bear returned to the area where we put the trap on Thursday night, and after various sightings late last week and spotted about half a mile away on Friday evening she has not been seen since then. Earlier today we searched the area where we thought she was sheltering and there are no signs that she may have been there recently so I fear that she may have moved further afield.
- 2012-06-21 14:01 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Thank you Chrisj let's hope it does the trick and Bear will be back home warm and dry very soon.
- 2012-06-21 13:42 ChrisJ
- Had a call today from the Cambridge Dog Warden to ask to use the Dog Lost trap I have here. The fosterer is collecting it today
- 2012-06-21 09:30 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Thanks for the update Macavity. I will send a message to the local co-ordinator who may know of a trap you could loan.
- 2012-06-20 22:45 Macavity
- Bear has been spotted twice today close to where she went missing but ran away when approached. Think she is camping out quite close to Oakington. Am trying to source a large dog trap but so far no luck so if anyone knows of someone having one of these for loan in the vicinity please post. Thank you.
- 2012-06-19 20:04 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put on twitter + will circulate.
- 2012-06-19 17:55 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- There has been no news or sightings of Bear at all since she went missing.
- 2012-06-18 11:01 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Posters have been put up. Vets and rescue centres have been informed and the dog wardens are being contacted today. Bear's previous owners have been contacted and they have said she is an escape artist. Let's hope she is found soon.
- 2012-06-17 22:17 Helen, Area Co-ordinator Norfolk and Suffolk
- Details added to Dog Lost Cambridge facebook group and other groups in the area.
- 2012-06-17 17:24 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in CB1,2,3,4,5,6,23,24,25.
- 2012-06-17 16:53 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Email sent with all local information and requesting more details about the dog.
- 2012-06-17 15:28 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Text sent requesting photo.
- 2012-06-17 12:11 Jayne - Head Office
- Phone number now added.
- 2012-06-17 11:13
- Sorry to see that BEAR is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.