Reunited: Dark Grey & White Bearded Collie Female
- Dog ID 40413
- Status Reunited
- Registered 16 Jun 2012
- Name MEG
- Breed Bearded Collie
- Gender Female
- Build Medium
- Colour Dark Grey & White
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars White Mask and front legs, white tip on tail
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 14 Jun 2012
- Where Lost Pembry Rise, Connahs Quay
- Lost In Region Wales
- Lost In Post Area CH5
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 06 Jul 2012
- Other Info She has only been in her new home for 5 days. Meg is VERY VERY NERVOUS PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO CATCH HER, if spotted please secure area ie garden as she will not go to anyone, call me straight away. She has a pink sparkly collar on and a small 6 inch pink taggie hanging from her collar (rope attached to colour)
- Phone 1 07981 581481 or 07765 630182
- Phone 2 01244 823732
- Listed By beardie friend
- Views 6643
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-07-08 22:26 Lulu
- Thanks all for the tremendous support from all over UK, volunteers have travelled all over the country to help with Megs search after a very long 3 weeks she is now safe at home. The vet is really pleased with her and said she was remarkable bearing mind of her journey. Tried to upload picture but wont allow me too. Thanks again xxxx
- 2012-07-07 15:59 Jayne - Head Office
- Great news for both the Beardies...
- 2012-07-07 11:18 SanBarn
- Great to see Meg has been caught and is now safely home. well done everyone. xx
- 2012-07-06 22:33 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Been holding my breath and hoping to see this little one in the blue soon! Well done clever, brave Meg. You had your fun, but I don't blame you, the weather has been horrible today...time to call it a day! Glad you're home safe :)))
Well done to all who worked so hard to bring her home!
- 2012-07-06 22:01 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Well done everyone.
- 2012-07-06 21:41 beardies in need
- I would like to say a huge thankyou to all helpers to get Meg found. You are all amazing like our wonderful breed. Also for kind donations to help make this possible. Meg went into my trap this afternnon. She's fine but will have a vet check in the morning. My aim now is to get items to the midlands now to help get dear Bounce found. Love Shirley x
- 2012-07-06 21:19 millypod
- Good to see Meg is home,well done to all involved.xx
- 2012-07-06 21:16 Jayne - Head Office
- Great news...
- 2012-07-06 21:14 jobadger
- So very pleased you're home safe and sound gorgeous - and glad you're out of this horrendous weather! Congratulations to all concerned. xx
- 2012-07-06 20:57 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Brilliant news xx
- 2012-07-06 20:44 Rach
- Welcome home Meg :) x
- 2012-07-06 20:43 Skyebucks
- Very proud of the dedication and commitment shown by the team who managed to catch Meg. A job well done.
- 2012-07-06 20:41 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Yes. Meg is now safely home. I dont know anymore details at the moment.
- 2012-07-06 20:20 pixies peeps
- I understand Meg has just been caught and is now home
- 2012-07-04 21:23 pixies peeps
- Due to today's developments searching is not required at the moment.Updates will be posted as soon as possible
- 2012-07-04 09:30 pixies peeps
- Shirley has asked if any one is going out searching could they please text her.first as she doesn't want a lot at once and no one to cover later phone no. . Thank youLast edited: 2012-07-08 21:05:36 by pixies peeps
- 2012-07-02 18:54 pixies peeps
- Thanks Jo for telling us about posters. Have notified owner about the lack of any near car park etc
- 2012-07-02 15:11 jostenning
- Hello, just a quick note to say hope your beautiful girl is home soon. I took my dog to Wepre park yesterday afternoon (the first time I've ever been there, live in Wrexham) and while we were walking, a lovely couple asked us to keep an eye out for her, so word is getting around.
Also, shortly after speaking to the couple, I noticed a Meg poster but it had fallen off the sign it was affixed to, so I stuck it back up as best I could, on a Ewloe Castle wooden sign, perhaps a good idea if more posters could be put up as I hadn't spotted any near the car park etc (unless they have come off with all the bad weather).
Sending hugs x
- 2012-07-01 09:31 pixies peeps
- Message from Shirley. Meg is still missing. Searchers may be needed again if able to help please text with times etc to Shirley on
PLEASE DO NOT GO NEAR THE FARMLast edited: 2012-07-08 21:03:10 by pixies peeps
- 2012-06-28 21:11 Pops' Mum
- This is better news. I was very worried about the busy roads near the mini roundabout, so good to hear she's staying in one place againand still safe. Good Luck to the kind person.
- 2012-06-28 17:06 jobadger
- Brilliant news, beardies - I'm so pleased she appears to be settling - thanks for the update. Thinking of you all - and especially you Megsie! Stay safe until you're home. xx
- 2012-06-28 10:41 beardies in need
- I would like to thank all who have been helping in the search for dear Meg. We now have a new plan in place which is the best way foward for catching her. Im trying to get the post over to this site from missing megs facebook page by someone else.But not sure if this is possible. Meg is now gaining trust of the kind person close to where she is sleeping, so instead of all searching we are holding back and hope this kind person will soon get her trust, plus we are using the trap. Will keep you all posted. And many thanks again x Last edited: 2012-06-28 10:43:22 by beardies in need
- 2012-06-26 19:23 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks for emailing the photo of Meg into Admin. I've converted from a word doc to jpg, cropped the photo/s and grouped together, good that they show the two sides of her for identification. Group photo emailed back in case you want to use it.
Keeping everything crossed Meg is back home soon.
Good luck xxx
The page may need to be refreshed to view the new photo/s. x
- 2012-06-25 21:07 jobadger
- Come on Megs - you can do it girl! You can be brave - your mom needs you home. I so hope she's back with you soon. xx
- 2012-06-25 18:52 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Thanks for your help Lbryan - all info helps Megs owner to understand how she is moving about.
It is important that Meg isn't chased at all. She is a very frightened girl now and will panic if approached by people she doesn't know. I have copied the following from a post by a member of 'team Meg' on the missing Meg facebook group:
PLEASE DO NOT CHASE HER AS SHE WILL RUN AWAY! EXTREMELY FRIGHTENED & SCARED. TAKE A SPARE LEAD & FOOD/TREATS. SIT, CROUCH LOW OR LIE ON THE GROUND STILL, DO NOT GIVE HER DIRECT EYE CONTACT. NEED TO SLOWLY GAIN HER TRUST BEFORE TRYING TO ATTEMPT TO GET A HOLD OF HER. TRY LYING ON THE FLOOR WHIMPERING AS SHE MAY APPROACH YOU, BUT REMAIN STILL!
Hope this makes sense. Stay safe Meg (and preferably away from the roads)
until you are brave enough to be caught.
- 2012-06-25 17:23 Lbryan
- Ive just spoken to the owner to let her know & shes in the area where my partner spotted her..hope shes found safe soon x
- 2012-06-25 17:09 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- libryan - have you called the mobile number to report this...owner is out searching at the moment and may not see this post straightaway.
- 2012-06-25 17:06 Lbryan
- My boyfriend spotted her today at around 3pm at the mini roundabout in northop hall heading towards ewloe..hope this helps..she was too fast for him to catch her.
- 2012-06-25 12:24 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Meg was sighted this morning. Fingers crossed she'll let somebody help her to get back to her family xx
- 2012-06-24 12:18 CJ
- Come on Meg - everyone is willing you home. You weren't fooled by the trap last night, but PLEASE be tempted tonight - there will be two traps set and such goodies in them for you. And SOOO many cuddles waiting at home.
Jane, I cannot imagine what you are going through, but keep your spirits up, she WILL be home with you soon. Thanks to everyone who is / has been out looking and special thanks to Chris who seems to be there virtually 24/7 with his support, help and expertise - wish I could be there to help, but donation on its way to help with expenses.Last edited: 2012-06-24 12:19:45 by CJ
- 2012-06-23 12:11 Bracken
- Really hoping there's good news soon. I've replaced the wet poster at the entrance to Pentre Moch, Northop Hall and walk the old railway line and fields here twice a day so will keep a look out for Meg.
- 2012-06-22 11:57 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Come on lovely Meg - be very brave and let somebody help you go home to your family who are missing you so much.xx
- 2012-06-21 22:19 Owl
- So glad there have been 3 more sightings today around the same area. Good luck Lulu and everyone who is helping.
- 2012-06-21 21:12 jobadger
- Good luck - come on babes - time to go home..... xx
- 2012-06-21 19:43 Julie
- Great news come on Meg time to go to your lovely home. I am near the South Coast so not near enough to help you but thinking of you and praying Meg is soon back where she belongs. All good wishes. Julie.
- 2012-06-21 19:13 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Keeping everything crossed...come on Meg!
- 2012-06-21 16:54 Lulu
- The support has been outstanding and we have now 3 new sightings of Meg today one at 5.20am, 12.15am and the latest 15.30pm all around the visitors centre at Wepre Country Park, the first lady advised she was less than 10ft away from Meg and it's only when she moved so did Meg, heading towards Ewloe Castle, the next 2 sightings are her just looking around the cafe area, the people looking for Meg today have advised the cafe of her and they are now looking out, I have rang the park itself and the lady I spoke to work with nervous dogs at the Dogs Trust, so they are all aware she is about, as she seemingly has been back around the same area (visitors centre) we are heading there this evening with a bbq and some garlic chicken, smelly fish, anything, we will take some biscuits with us as she loves her boneo's but will dip them is something smelly first......god come on Meg don't let me down girl we love you. Thanks to Molly's mum and Lolas mum Jen & her doggies - THANKS TO EVERYONE XXXXXXXX
- 2012-06-21 11:59 Owl
- Thank you. Please contact owner on number above as you have a beardie. I believe that search party is planned this weekend and anyone with beardies is particularly welcome, as Meg will feel at home with them.
- 2012-06-20 22:01 angel_katie99
- Have been following megs disappearance since last Friday. We live less than 5 miles from connahs quay and also have a Sallen beardie. Walked and driven around wepre tonight- unfortunately no sightings but if we can be of any help let me know. (ours also won't go near strangers so we know the trouble ur having!) xx
- 2012-06-20 16:25 Welshlass
- I hsve been following yours posts for Meg and hope & pray she is home soon. I am in Ewloe and keep looking around. x
- 2012-06-20 07:52 Lulu
- Sorry no good news, we searched all around the areas she has been seen and no sign of Meg last night we did a 3 hr walk about whilst it was quieter but nothing :-( please sweetheart come home, you can't ne happy out there. Megs Mum xx
- 2012-06-19 21:58 jobadger
- Come on Megs - far better at home with your family and buddies! Stay safe until you're found. xx
- 2012-06-19 21:48 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Keep postering Lulu....fingers crossed the next person that sees her will have seen the poster beforehand and get on the phone to you sooner.xx I will keep sharing...hope she's home soon.
- 2012-06-19 19:40 Lulu
- On putting more posters of Meg out last nigh we visited the Pailimino pub opposite Wepre Park, to be told Meg was the talk of the pub after being seen running around the top field at 9am yesterday morning - still can't understand why no-one called the warden etc, she has not been seen since, so anyone is the Nortop Hall, Ewlo, Hawarden area please keep your eyes peeled. Thanks all a very distressed Megs mum xx
- 2012-06-18 16:47 Sharon
- If Meg is still in an area near to your home then take heart in the fact she is still near. My dog went missing last year and was frightened and distressed and ran away each time we managed to locate her whereabouts and was missing for 9 whole days. We walked to and from the area where we knew she was and early one morning at 04.00 hrs she found her own way home. She must have picked up our scent. Stay safe Meg and get back to your family soon. x
- 2012-06-18 11:57 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Stay safe Meg until somebody can help you get back to your family.x
Bumped due to sighting.
- 2012-06-18 10:36 beardie friend
- Meg was last seen in Wepre Lane of connahs quay at about 8am thus morning. Please keep looking and reporting any sightings. Jane has to work today and is frantic now that Meg is on the move again.
- 2012-06-18 10:20 Owl
- So pleased she has settled somewhere sensible, hope you can bring her in safely.
- 2012-06-17 23:36 jobadger
- Excellent news - I'm so very pleased she's safe and you're aware of her movements. Good Luck. xx
- 2012-06-17 22:17 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- pleased you have some regular sightings of her and she seems to have found herself a safe place. Hope she stays put and settles enough to let someone close soon.
- 2012-06-17 21:52 Lulu
- Meg has now been spotted temp residing at a local farm in Connah's Quay, we are monitoring her whereabouts & working with Canine Rescue & the farm owners for her safe return. Meg is quick little lady when under pressure to be trapped. She may move around again if panicked so please keep following her whereabouts as she may end up in another area, prior to arranging her capture. Thanks all Megs Mum xx
- 2012-06-17 21:47 belindasteer
- Regular sightings today of Meg on a farm close to where she was seen on Thurs/Fri and half a mile from home. Lovely Farmers wife is leaving out food for her to try and gain her trust, she bolts if approached. Owner getting advice from experienced Beardie Canine Rescue chap and is watching and waiting without putting any pressure on Meg. A trap is available locally if necc. Hopefully after a few days she will get more and more calm. No searching/calling/whistling to unsettle her. Hopefully she will find her brave and go to the farmers wife or the owner. Fingers and paws crossed...
- 2012-06-17 11:53 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Meg has also been crossposted to DOGLOST WALES FB Group so lots of people looking out for her.
Stay safe lovely girl until you are found xx
- 2012-06-17 11:38 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- 2012-06-17 10:30 jobadger
I've spoken with the owner (to ask permission to x-post). There was a possible sighting of Meg on Thursday night - and she was seen on Friday night (around 11.30 p.m.) by the owners approx. half a mile from home.
The owners have posted details locally.
Come on Megsie - you don't really want to be out in this weather when you've got a comfy bed at home. I hope you're back soon. xx
- 2012-06-16 22:19 Owl
- Owners have been doing absolutely everything we would recommend and are now going to barbecue something tasty with garlic and hope the smell reaches Meg.
- 2012-06-16 21:47 Devon Maid
- Jane has been searching all day along with others who have offered to help but so far no sightings of Meg today. She was last sighted in Mold Road,CH5 4RP at about 11.30 on Thursday night which was not far from Janes home. Keep searching please and thanks to all who are.
- 2012-06-16 21:04 RCPersse
- Was rehomed from Scotland so search needs to be very very wide in case she is heading that way x
- 2012-06-16 13:24 hairydog
- Come on Meg, show your gorgeous face, we all know scared and nervous you are, but your mum and all of us just want you home.
- 2012-06-16 11:35 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Thanks Jayne x
Will contact owner.
- 2012-06-16 11:32 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in CH5,6,7.