Lost: Dark Brown Paterdale Cross Male In South East (W7)
- Dog ID 39907
- Status Lost
- Registered 30 May 2012
- Name DUSTY
- Breed Paterdale Cross
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Build Small
- Colour Dark Brown
- Tail Docked
- Marks & Scars White patch on chest. Small scar at the back of his neck. blotchy dark patches of skin on his tummy
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 29 May 2012
- Where Lost Grand Union Canal, Hanwell, West London,
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area W7
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Dusty was wearing a bright red collar at the time and went missing at 12 noon. He is a very friendly dog and does not look his 7 years more 3 and people are shocked when they know his true age. He has had an opperation on one of his back leg knee joints, his right, and sometimes carries this leg. Actually he has slight joint stiffness at times in all his legs and often has a slight limp on any leg. He is very use to the canal and boats and is happy jumping off and onto boats.
- Phone 1 07958780551
- Phone 2
- Reward? CASH REWARD
- Listed By Thomas
- Views 2933
- Followers 0
- See more dogs Lost in W7
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-07-02 13:01 Aunt Stef - Area Co-ordinator.West London.
- There is now a reward for Dusty's safe return.
- 2012-07-01 10:44 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Circulating on twitter.
- 2012-07-01 10:30 reggiemollieros
- Hi Thomas, sorry to hear Dusty is still missing. Have you posted on Rescue Remedies forum? They run Terrier Rescue and are based not far from London so would be a good place to post his photo. I will put Dusty on twitter as I have some London followers. I have an email address for Battersea and they have replied to me when I have used it email@example.com if you look down below at the post from Battersea they have made a lost dog report so you might want to include that in any email. Have you visited the other places that the dog wardens in London take Lost Dogs if picked up? One would hope though that being chipped it would not mean you have to do this. It made me so sad when you said you miss talking to Dusty because I know exactly what you mean as I would miss talking to Rosie too. I am south london but I promise to share where I can.
- 2012-06-25 22:13 Thomas
- Thanks every one for the kind words and your efforts in helping me get Dusty back. Tomorrow will be four weeks since he went missing and from my last update I have had a couple of calls, I followed them both up posting in the area and even sitting in the park of one sighting quite late in the hope the same dog shows again but no.
May if you are able to help in any way even if a couple of posters it will be a great help and a big thanks for the offer.
I had a call regarding a red collar that was found and it just so happened to be identical to Dustys collar although a bit cleaner and looked new. It also had a tag with a tel no and Dustys collar had no tag and when called it was confirmed it belonged to another dog.
Today I received a call from someone asking if I had got Dusty back as he had found a dog in the Bunny Park two weeks ago and gave it to two police men in a police car and they told him they will take the dog to Battersea?? I had a sighting in the Bunny Park around that time but have had no contact from a warden or Battersea Dusty is chipped so I don’t know?? Perhaps another dog or I did detect a tone in the callers voice that was not that convincing but I may be wrong and have to follow it up.
I do know something I have called Battersea two times now just to check if they have him and they have missed the chip and you have to leave a message and you are promised they will call you back. Well let me say they don’t call back so I have less faith in their system and I may have to visit them.
Although I miss him terribly and all the conversations we had along with the evening walks I am still very confident I will get him back.
- 2012-06-20 18:30 May
- Thomas so sorry you still haven't found your little man. I have seen some of your posters when out and about with my goldie. If you have no objections I will stick up some more and if you need help checking out I leads I would be pleased to help x
- 2012-06-20 15:39 janiejewel1649
- All xd for the safe return of Dusty
- 2012-06-20 07:50 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine
- 2012-06-06 16:05 Aunt Stef - Area Co-ordinator.West London.
- Bump due to another potential sighting at "Bunny Park" or Brent Lodge Park.Church Rd,W7.
- 2012-06-05 23:15 Thomas
- Received a call today about a dog seen at Tavistoc road Hanwell/Southall. The call was not that convincing and the description not great but I went and had a good walk round but no sighting. I posted more posters in that area.
- 2012-06-02 22:12 Thomas
- Hi just thought I would update on today. I received a call from someone saying a friend had spotted a small dark dog with either a red collar or perhaps harness in Kensington and Chelsea Cemetery yesterday. For the people that don’t know Kensington & Chelsea are miles away but just so happen to have a cemetery in Hanwell.
I went straight over and walked around for a good hour but no sighting but all the same happy that someone had taken the trouble to phone. I then spent a couple of hours pinning posters and delivering to shops ect.
In the afternoon I had a volunteer Jannette help and she covered Ealing Hospital and surrounding areas she knows the hospital well and can cover all the disused old Victorian buildings round the back that back onto the River Brent that runs into the canal.
Jannette is a bit a celebrity within the canal world and can trace her family back working and living on the canals many generations back to the start of the industrial revolution and her effort today was very much appreciated.
I also spotted a poster on my travels from this website and not one of my posters and that was a great boost and great to see.
I am starting to get calls and hope they continue so me and Dusty can be reunited soon as the boat is quiet without all his snoring.
Many thanks for all your help.
- 2012-06-01 17:46 Aunt Stef - Area Co-ordinator.West London.
- Thanks for the update Thomas. Sorry that the found dog wasn't Dusty but as you say the posters are getting word out there. Well done & fingers crossed you get that special call soon .
- 2012-06-01 17:36 Thomas
- Hi just to let you know that I received a call late last night from a couple who spotted one of my posters and remembered a poster a couple of miles away saying small brown dog found. They gave me the location of the poster and I shot off in double time but alas not Dusty. The other dog was described as tan and found two days earlier than Dusty going missing. But it just goes to show that the posters work and I will be off soon with the latest batch.
Thanks for all your help.
- 2012-05-31 17:14 Aunt Stef - Area Co-ordinator.West London.
- Just had a call from Thomas. Dusty has been sighted running along Southdown Avenue this afternoon. Thomas is there now looking.Southdown Ave is near Elthorne Park & Sports Centre which in turn runs down to the Grand Union Canal.
- 2012-05-30 20:24 Thomas
- I dont know how to thank you all for offering so much help to me and Dusty in our quest to get back together you are widening the search for Dusty beyond what I could have imagined and it is spurring me on to double my effort. I will be off now to pin as meany posters as possible.
- 2012-05-30 19:54 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put Dusty on twitter + will circulate.
- 2012-05-30 18:22 Aunt Stef - Area Co-ordinator.West London.
- Have spoken to Dusty's owner. Dusty is well known on the canal & very friendly.It could be that someone new to the area thought he was a stray & has taken him home without informing the authorities. Posters & flyers are out there,all vets,rescues,kennels & DWs aware.Fingers crossed someone sees this little guy soon & gets him home.
- 2012-05-30 16:57 Aunt Stef - Area Co-ordinator.West London.
- Have sent owner a text offering more advice etc. Will put Dusty up on facebook Doglost West London & request twitter.
- 2012-05-30 15:48 Abbalish
- Report has been made at BDCH, ref 291671
- 2012-05-30 15:16 bertiejess
- Have placed an ad on gumtree and missing pet register for himLast edited: 2012-05-30 15:32:33 by bertiejess
- 2012-05-30 15:16 bertiejess
- Owner has called all vets, rehoming centres, petlog etc and is about to poster streets and parks. Have stressed the importance of postering especially as the owner thinks that someone has taken Dusty. Really hope he is found soon!!
- 2012-05-30 08:51 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in W3,5,7,13. TW5,6,7,8. UB1,2,3,4,5,6.
- 2012-05-30 05:25
- Sorry to see that DUSTY is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.