Lost: Gold With White, Rough Coat Terrier Cross Female In Central (B32)
- Dog ID 32420
- Status Lost
- Registered 02 Sep 2011
- Name RAGS MAY BE IN YOUR AREA
- Breed Terrier Cross
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Gold with white, rough coat
- Tail Docked
- Marks & Scars White on front and paws, half prick ears
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 02 Sep 2011
- Where Lost Raven Hayes Woods, Frankley, West Mids
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area B32
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info 05/12 POSSIBLE SIGHTING BARNARDS CASTLE. 05/12 POSSIBLE SIGHTING Fewston Reservoir Harrogate 5/3/12, POSSIBLE SIGHTING in the B21 9HA area - GROVE LANE, HANDSWORTH. Dog on lead with two young men. Possible sighting in the Plant Centre on the M5 to Cheltenham Road. PLEASE DO NOT CHASE. IF SEEN CALL THE NUMBER BELOW. 7 years old, bigger type terrier, 16 ins at shoulder. Was wearing a fabric collar.
- Phone 1 0121 476 1828
- Phone 2 07905 472810
- Reward? YES
- Listed By wensmum
- Views 52133
- Followers 16
- See more dogs Lost in B32
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-05-19 18:04 wensmum
- Ragsie, we are all still looking
- 2013-04-22 15:45 wensmum
- Hi all,
I wanted to say a few things.
Firstly, thank you all for all your support - like the kind comments below - I might not always answer, but I'm always grateful
Secondly, I sometimes put details of found dogs on other pages, and wonder if the owners are still checking the page, because there hasn't been anything put up there for a while.
Please, please, keep posting anyone you think might be her. I check her page, even if it is just a check on the number of posts on it, at least every day unless I'm away from home(that doesn't happen much), and will continue to do so until she comes home or the day I die.
So if you look on here wondering if it is worth posting a link to a look alike - the answer is a resounding Yes Please
- 2013-04-08 18:26 tworedshoes
- Wensmum - you are doing a fantastic job- if anyone deserves to get their much loved dog back, it's you. Everything crossed for her safe return xxx
- 2013-04-06 07:01 wensmum
- Thank you all for all your help, and thanks to Sally Smith who wrote and sent in the letter - Ragsie has such a wonderful team, she is going to need a huge party when she comes home!
- 2013-04-06 05:35 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Well done wensmum for getting rags in the magazine.
Come home Raggsie XX
- 2013-04-05 22:19 jobadger
- I so hope this brings the long-awaited phone call. I've plastered the Uni notice boards and my car window with the new rewards poster. Fabulous idea. xxx
- 2013-04-05 21:40 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Bumping Rags page as she is featured in the letters section of Mays edition of Dogs Today magazine., out now. Hope this brings news.
- 2013-04-02 07:34 wensmum
- Team Rags has put together a fantastic array of Rewards for Rags. If you can get on facebook, have a look at https://www.facebook.com/groups/270218086341610/?bookmark_t=group
or on twitter https://twitter.com/HelpFindRags
- 2013-03-10 15:14 wensmum
- Lovely to meet you Majorjet, wonderful coverage of the microchipping problems, and they did our lost dogs proud!
And, Doglost, fantastic that you are teamed up know with Petlog as well as the Scanner Angel database - hopefully there will be a lot fewer people going through this particular hell due to all our efforts
- 2013-03-10 01:11 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
All days are on the above link.
- 2013-03-10 00:18 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
This is the link to CRUFTS catch up TV not watched it yet.
- 2013-03-10 00:03 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- It was great to spend time with owners of (TIA ID46845 & MAISIE ID46846), LOUIE (Yorkie ID43360)and RAGS today at CRUFTS who did fantastic talking while being filmed. Great to meet them all they are all doing a great job in their search and truly deserve to get their loved ones home. Good luck. x
- 2013-03-09 21:28 Jayne - Head Office
- Well done...anyone have a link please?
- 2013-03-09 21:16 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Well done everyone. I hope everyone's efforts will really get the message out to scan dogs.
- 2013-03-09 20:25 Beanie245
- Fantastic to see Rags, Louie and co. on TV CRUFTS on More4 ... Thankyou for the great coverage for all the missing/stolen dogs, vets get scanning, doglost etc.. Come on Rags and bring them all home lass!!! XXXX
- 2013-03-09 07:02 wensmum
- Today is Crufts, on the Vets Get Scanning stand - if only vets would scan all new patients and check the databases, Ragsie you would be home, with so many others
- 2013-03-03 20:30 hoolibelle
- Just read the post on facebook made me cry. So hope you find this baby x
- 2013-03-02 13:33 wensmum
- E49 15/12? Sorry, that is another look-alike - the dogs had white running all the way up the back legs, Ragsie only has paws white on the back legs, but thank you so much for the way you keep on and on looking for her, I could never cover all these sites, I'm so grateful for everyone's help
- 2013-03-02 12:42 Beanie245
- Shared Rags story from suite1 everything crossed, as always in our thoughts and searches. XXX
- 2013-03-02 12:06 rescue_mum
- I thought it looked like Rags too, tho doesn't say whether its male or female. Will text owner.
- 2013-03-02 11:23 sukimax
- Dont think this is Rags but please check, http://strayaction.com/viewpage.php?page_id=27
- 2013-03-02 10:13 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- 18 months today since Rags went missing and she has an article on Suite101
- 2013-03-01 15:04 wensmum
- Thanks Jo I have spoken to the lovely folk at the kennels who knew about Rags and wondered if that lass was her - sadly not, but thank you for keeping on looking - one day......
- 2013-02-28 09:47 Jo
- ID.49371. Please check this one. x
- 2013-02-19 07:23 wensmum
- Thank you for trying, but no.That is a boy, Ragsie, though she looks such a tomboy (and lives like one!) is a lass.
- 2013-02-18 19:54 TheDogmother
- This isn't rags is it? http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=48975
- 2013-02-18 07:22 wensmum
- Sally Gutteridge has written an srticle about Rags http://suite101.com/a/rags-lost-best-friend and is busy trying to get it published, bombarding all the papers she can. Thank you Sally
- 2013-01-31 08:05 wensmum
- So sorry Janie, I hope he is soon feeling better.
I spoke to Ryedale, hadn't thought about Scarborough, I'll give them a ring later today.
- 2013-01-30 20:04 Janie
- Really sorry I wasn't able to get into Pickering today - my disabled husband had a bad fall yeasterday & I wasn't able to leave him. Hopefully he'll be OK in a few days & I'll be able to go.
Was it Ryedale DC or Scarborough Council you spoke to?
- 2013-01-28 18:01 wensmum
- Talked to the local environmental health guy, who was really helpful and took details to pass to dog warden. And emailed dog walkers etc. I had a lady who saw a poster in her vets ring to ask if the dog she had adopted some months back was Rags - she wasn't, but that lady had so much courage to do that.
Emailed "go-ape" head office with very little hope - and had an email back saying they would forward her poster to their Dalby site and if there was anything else they could do....Fantastic.
- 2013-01-28 07:40 wensmum
- Have emailed Scarborough News as well - sent the link to press assoc pic. I have also emailed the cyclers, ramblers etc. Will try the dog warden later - when they are there.
- 2013-01-25 19:44 Janie
- It could be worth contacting the Scarborough papers, too:
If you could get permission to use the photo taken in Dalby, perhaps the papers might be interested in running a "Do you recognise these people?" kind of thing - the papers might have more clout at getting the relevant access.
I'm sorry I don't have any transport, otherwise I'd go to Dalby & see what I could find out.
- 2013-01-25 18:13 wensmum
- Thank you both. Have emailed the two papers, lady at the visitors centre is wonderful, vets have been brilliant, have messaged cyclists on facebook, but no reply so will try email instead, and there are probably ramblers as well
- 2013-01-25 09:51 Janie
This is the Malton & Pickering Mercury website:
Gazette & Herald:
I'll have a think and see what else I can come up with.
- 2013-01-25 09:50 NorwichT
- Dalby is big with cyclists, they may have a website to arrange meet ups?
- 2013-01-25 08:55 wensmum
- Thank you Janie, it is on its way. Have emailed vets in N Yorks, will try and sort local paper in a bit and contact visitors centre in Dalby Forest - any suggestions of other places to contact very gratefully received
- 2013-01-25 08:42 Janie
- Is it possible to email me a copy of the photo? It's a long shot, but the people just might be local to me, and I can always have a scout round Pickering next week.
- 2013-01-25 07:39 wensmum
- Thank you very much, NorwichT. The photo was of a dog being walked on an extender lead, with 3 people - busy trying to track down the photographer at the mo
- 2013-01-24 23:23 NorwichT
- Hi so sorry you have lost your dog! I'm 8 miles from Dalby. I have shared this with the three local dog rescues (Yorkshire Coast Dog Rescue, Ryedale Dog Rescue and Scarborough and Whitby Dog Rescue, sure you will have contacted them already) and on my facebook page too.
I'm stuck for a printer at the moment, but will see if I can borrow a friends printer tomorrow. Will update.
- 2013-01-24 21:26 wensmum
- Thank you all so much - I feel a bit helpless from this distance, when I don't know if its her or not, does look like her, but half the dog is in snow! Have emailed posters to forestry commission, in hope, and have contacted the Dalby Forest groups on facebook. I'll circulate her poster round the local vets again tomorrow, and try to get something in a local paper. Janie, that is magic if you can poster around - I would think people go quite a way to walk there so any posters any where has got to be good, thank you
- 2013-01-24 20:46 Jayne - Head Office
- 2013-01-24 20:39 Janie
- I'm about 12 miles from Dalby Forest; have downloaded & printed off some posters. Next Wednesday I will be in Pickering, which is a lot closer, and I'll poster there, too.
Really hope it turns about to be this gorgeous girl.Last edited: 2013-01-24 20:39:33 by Janie
- 2013-01-24 20:23 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- A Rags lookalike has been seen in Dalby Forest, North Yorks. Have sent out alerts but not many people accepting posters in the surrounding postcodes. If you visit the forest please keep a look out for someone walking a dog like Rags.
- 2013-01-19 14:25 wensmum
- Thank you both so much. She is not the Cheshire lass, Scoobster, and I don't think she is yours, Sue, but have sent Ragsie's poster to the lady who found the dog. Thank you so much for trying
- 2013-01-18 16:04 Sue
Please check out this photo of dog found in wallasey, Wirral, Merseyside
- 2013-01-17 21:17 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Might be a little small for Rags But hard to tell because behind a cage, You might want to check this found http://www.facebook.com/groups/wwapp.animal/542747472416614/?notif_t=group_activity#!/photo.php?fbid=127517460748189&set=o.362175273467&type=1&theater (For link to cheshire please see my post on doglost northwest - on old comp and takes ages to find page - Sorry) Bottom dog
- 2013-01-13 16:32 scootjockey
- Let 2013 be the year of our dogs. What wonderfull dreams for you on the most magical night of the year and an amazing momentary meeting for Wenna! sending you all my strength, love and power hope it helps you reach your little one. Cum on Rags feel the love. xxx
- 2013-01-10 08:21 wensmum
- Yesterday we met a little fellow who liked quite like you, Rags, and Wenna went absolutely mental, wagging herself in circles, til she realised it wasn't...We ALL miss you so much
- 2012-12-31 20:57 jobadger
- My dearest wish is for you to be home with your mum Ragsie - let's do it girl! Let's make 2013 the year when you and the other long term lost souls come home. Here's lookin' at you kid! xxx
- 2012-12-31 07:35 wensmum
- Thank you Caz, still looking for her, everywhere. Every time I dozed last night went back into the same dream that she was home, and woke up thinking that her 400th post was going to be saying she was safe home.......
- 2012-12-29 16:01 caz
- poor rags STILL missing!!! sending love and wishes for a safe return xxxx
- 2012-12-24 07:57 wensmum
- Just to send everyone Christmas wishes - and many thanks to all those looking for all the lost souls
- 2012-12-16 17:34 Beanie245
- Just checking in on Rags and sending prayers... for her and Tucker.
I read an article today on 'the dog news examiner' site about a stolen dog being reunited after 5 years due to 'heaven sent' set of circumstances...I am sure its things like this that keep us sane and hopeful!! I know like us, Tays mum and many other's that you will keep going...Heart felt Christmas wishes to you and your's.XXX
- 2012-12-12 11:32 jobadger
- Ragsie - shooting stars last night - guess what my wishes were...............xx
- 2012-12-09 07:26 wensmum
- Fantastic, Gail - hopefully the first step to getting him back where he belongs. I check out every WSS I see in case..... xx
- 2012-12-09 02:11 scootjockey
- Caroline . wishing all your dreams come true love Gail x
Last edited: 2013-01-13 14:08:07 by scootjockey
- 2012-12-03 20:23 superdog
- come on rags, you can do it..go home to mom she loves you dearly and if you cant sniff your way back dont worry little rags always remember mommy and us will continue to look for you, stay safe sweetie xxx
- 2012-12-03 08:04 wensmum
- Can't say it ofte enough - thank you all
- 2012-12-03 07:46 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- It's eight years today that wensmum collected Rags from Many Tears Rescue and 15 months yesterday that she went missing.
Come home sweetie XX
- 2012-11-08 18:42 Beanie245
- Wishing, hoping and praying for Rags safe return...
Come on Rags your mums waiting and doing everything possible to help you find your way home Lass.XXXX
- 2012-11-07 07:15 wensmum
- Thank you all for your good wishes, it just gets harder with every day
- 2012-11-06 15:17 janiejewel1649
- Paws and fingers xd.
- 2012-11-06 15:01 lmoore
- Have just shared on FB. So hope you get her back safely.
- 2012-11-06 08:56 June
- Good luck Rags. So hope you get him home. X
- 2012-11-06 07:55 jobadger
- I so hope this brings some news.......xxx
- 2012-11-06 06:57 wensmum
- Thank you Doglost
- 2012-11-06 06:44 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Rags is in the December issue of Dogs Today.
- 2012-10-07 18:49 wensmum
- Thank you so much, but no, she isn't, she hasn't got Ragsie's white socks. Bless you for keeping on looking at them all....
- 2012-10-07 15:40 scootjockey
- Caroline your prob already in contact with RSPCA but Ill post anyway there a dog named Tyla 690 app 6 yr old Ive stumbled across you may want to check. I was searching for a tele phone No for Halewood RSPCA ended up somehow veiwing dogs.......always on our mind Tays mum x Ps we managed to get some posters up eventually.
- 2012-10-03 07:01 wensmum
- I have no idea how animal search works - I logged in last night, still no reply - I have asked about 8 dogs, never had a reply - and they have taken this dog off the site, so presumably re-united. They only ever send me possibles within 5 miles, and they are usually the wrong sex and colour - ok colour is a bit subjective, but sex is kind of definate - when I said about it on their feedback form, I was told most people can't tell the sex of a dog, so its irrelevant, but if I would like to donate........
- 2012-10-02 22:01 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- yeah I wondered about the chip comment too....some collars have 'scan me' or a tag that says 'scan me - I'm chipped' I think, but some people also claim to be able to feel them under the skin. Who knows?!
I've wondered a few times about the animal search pages - there are often updates posted from people saying 'I think the dog you have found may be the one I have lost', but I've never yet seen anything that suggests they've been reunited??
Hope you get a response soon - does WS8 fall under the 'K9 search' area - in which case - I would suspect they may be alerted at some stage?
Anyway - good luck - hope your lovely girl is home with you soon. Will continue to keep my eyes open.Last edited: 2012-10-02 22:02:07 by skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- 2012-09-30 14:42 wensmum
- Thank you Skippy, I have contacted them through animal search - I dont know how long it takes to get a reply (I haven't had a reply back from any on animals search yet, but maybe this time....) I wondered how they know she is chipped. Will post any info when I get it. Thank you so much for trawling for her xx
- 2012-09-30 14:10 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Wondered if you wanted to check this one out....sounds a bit more like a JRT cross on first read, but just in case - Animal search has the following:
Found Dog (AFP132690)
Found on Fri 28th Sep 2012 (2 days)
Found dog in Brownhills, Walsall, United Kingdom, WS8
Sex: Bitch (Female)
Colours: Sandy and White
Collar: Multicoloured, Fabric, Patterned. paw prints & bones
No flea collar
Neutered: Not sure
found female wire haired terrier tan/white,wandering along busy A5 near brownhills west,on friday 28th sept very well behaved wonderful friendly little dog she is chipped so we will take her to our vets to try and locate owner
dark brown ears
- 2012-09-28 14:51 Wetnose
- Refreshing peoples memories and putting her on social networking again
- 2012-09-28 06:52 wensmum
- Thank you, all, for all you are doing to try to find her
- 2012-09-27 19:47 Lorraine - Area Co-ordinator Kent
- Shared on FB & tweeted again x
- 2012-09-26 12:49 wensmum
- Oh thank you so mcuh Sue
- 2012-09-26 12:19 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine
- 2012-09-17 23:55 jobadger
- Distributed Ragsie's new poster at all services between M56 and Penrith on the M6 (N and S) on Sunday when I took Andrew upto Uni. Also gave a lot of parents the benefit of seeing the gorgeous girl's photos (couldn't miss a golden opportunity of getting her poster around the UK. I do so hope there is positive news soon....... Just a thought - anything further from the possible Tutbury sighting? xx
Last edited: 2012-09-18 22:19:37 by jobadger
- 2012-09-15 16:45 Beanie245
- Will keep sharing Ragsie new picXX
- 2012-09-15 16:45 Beanie245
- Will keep sharing Ragsie new picXX
- 2012-09-12 07:42 wensmum
- Oh Sue, that is lovely, thank you
- 2012-09-11 20:29 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I've done Rags a new poster using all the lovely photos from Facebook. Hopefully a change of picture will bring a change of luck.
Come home Ragsie XX
- 2012-09-08 07:14 wensmum
- Thank you Gail - good luck, I hope you find some news there of Tay xx
- 2012-09-07 22:38 scootjockey
- We are going to Sandringham dog show on Sun Ive never been to a dog show before but ill have a few posters up there for Rags and Tucker. XXX
- 2012-09-05 15:37 wensmum
- Thank you Jo, just looked, will keep an eye on that, but if the dog could be mistaken for Willow, it must be much smaller than Rags - Westie/Yorkie is much nearer to the ground? Have contacted dog walkers etc round Tutbury xx
- 2012-09-05 08:39 jobadger
- Wensmum - have you seen the notes on Willow (40737)? xx
- 2012-09-05 06:27 wensmum
- Thank you all - and Jo and Tay's mum for all the postering
- 2012-09-04 15:21 scootjockey
- Please let it be a genuine sighting of the real Rags. Hoping and Praying Rag's mums broken heart be mended. Best wishes Tays mum xxx
- 2012-09-04 08:08 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I'm not sure if my message below was reported in error but I've reactivated it.
- 2012-09-03 18:33 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Sighting of Rags lookalike around the Tutbury area of Derbyshire being walked by a woman. Posters send to
- 2012-09-03 17:56 Beanie245
- Pray every day for you both..Someone somewhere know's where she is and we will find them... I know that Rags mum will never give up and needs all eyes open for Rags. Great idea and wonderful news from scootjockey thankyou so much.
- 2012-09-03 16:04 scootjockey
- Wensmum I'll poster every caravan sight in Skegness and Ingomells this week of Rags and Tucker and my route home before I leave Marks. Paw and all Xd. Tay mum x
- 2012-09-02 18:45 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to see Rags is still missing. I think all vets should check pets microchips. Paws and fingers xd for her return. She has to be somewhere.
- 2012-09-02 14:19 wensmum
- I got her 3 December 2004, and she wasn't chipped (Sylvie had run out of chips that day), so I had her done end December or early 2005, when she was spayed (she was too young to be spayed when she came tp me). Her chip is 978, which was at first one of the batches that might have a proble, but Virbac now say 978s are ok. They have said all along that the time involved was 2010 to Feb 2012. I have their chips checked every year, so hers was working March 2011, so hopefully it is ok, but I find it hard to believe Virbac when they refuse to publish where their problems are. It is great that so many vets are keeping her poster up, but the possible chip failure is a nightmare - we were checking local pounds, and emailed all dogwadens possible, but Manytears got her off deathrow at the last minute, and she came to me because nobody wanted her. How anybody could not want her, I don't know.
- 2012-09-02 14:10 labradorloopy
- Hi, I think Rags originally came from Many Tears. I just wanted to say that one of my boys came from there in August 2010. His microchip (done at the centre)has since failed and I have had him re-chipped. I think it might be safest to assume the chip has failed and not rely on this. Happily though, I too can report that both my local Vets have her poster and I always do a 'double take' if I spot a dog looking anything like her.
- 2012-09-02 09:27 Yettontop
- When I visited my vet in Mirfield, West Yorkshire last week, I was delighted to see a poster prominently displayed in their waiting room. I know that one 'fear' is that Rags had one of the Virbac faulty chips......let's hope that isn't the case and that dog and owner are soon reunited (and back on the agility circuit again, where evryone is still keeping eys wide open for sightings)
- 2012-09-02 05:34 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Rags has been missing for a year now and wensmum still works tirelessly to try to find her. Come home Ragsie XX
- 2012-08-21 10:47 caz
- ive re twittered and facebooked again . come on rags!!! xx
- 2012-08-19 20:35 wensmum
- I spent today at Paws in the Park at Great Barr, rasing her profile, raising money for Manytears Rescue and getting signatures for Vets Get Scanning, and for Cassie. Most people already know about her - and that is the other side of Birmingham. Thank you all for your support
- 2012-08-19 19:56 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- I still look for Rags, as I live just down the road.
- 2012-08-19 19:35 janiejewel1649
- Hoping and praying for a positive result in the quest to find "Rags". All xd.
- 2012-08-18 20:57 scootjockey
- Fingers crossed Ad in Veterinary Record brings some news. Please please its time we had another one home. Good luck gail x
- 2012-08-18 19:24 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Wow! that is fantastic news! Well done Caroline. So hoping it does bring good news. xxx
- 2012-08-18 15:23 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Rags has an advert in the Veterinary Record. PLEASE someone phone with some news!!
- 2012-08-17 17:30 wensmum
- Thank you AnnieSparky - very kind of you to email Leigh - I have been away for a few days, and thank you, Sam and Gail, lets hope we can get them back somehow - we will all keep working at it! xx
- 2012-08-14 23:27 scootjockey
- How perfect life will be with our doggies back.I can remember how it felt giving up the best seat in the house, in the car and never having enough room on the bed to sleep comfortably, always saying we'd get a bigger one! and I really miss Tays unruly behavior when Chicken was in the oven....... Hope we get the chance to feel the way we used to. Mark got your text ta. Ive asked jayne to change the Email address on poster to firstname.lastname@example.org. I can be contacted at mo on 01754 830468. Tays breeder contacted us today theyve been following his page since we contacted them in the early days and they may have Tays sibbling he needed to check with the wife, all crossed. All the research your doing for us hasnt gone unnoticed we are eternally gratefull and if ever we can be of any help in anyway we'd happily do so, just ask and consider it done, OK. Glad you and Neil got the page up and running and once my minds stopped drawing blanks I will certainly join.Thinking of Rags, Tucker Tay, Shep. Hollie, Oscar all our little ones. Sleep tight, stay safe from Tays mum x
- 2012-08-14 12:23 Beanie245
- Have emailed Rags pic/link to a few doggie south wales websites... just in case, keep looking up!x
- 2012-08-13 13:29 AnnieSparky
- I emailed Leigh dogs home and they kindly replied to say that the found dog "Scrappy" they have up for adoption is a boy.......so sadly not Rags x
- 2012-08-12 11:53 AnnieSparky
- So sorry to see Rags is still missing.
Though I dont think this is Rags (and hopefully her chip would bring her home) I just wanted you to know people are looking out for her far and wide.
Photo on the Leigh dogs and cats Home website. It doesnt say whether this dog is male or female.
In the "dogs for adoption" gallery photo no 56 "Scrappy" dated 04/08/2012
Hoping Rags is home soon x
- 2012-07-17 17:52 wensmum
- Thanks Caz, I can't believe it either, I keep thinking if I go and look in the field, she will be there. I leave the gate open for her to come home, every night. Am busy contacting vets again.
Neil has set up a website - http://www.lostdogresources.co.uk where I am hoping that everyone will post what they have found out while looking for their dogs, so it is easier for people who have just lost dogs - it is in its infancy, I need some moderators, because I am not always on the computer, but please, anyone, have a look, register, post things (you'll have to wait for me to moderate at the moment), give me some feedback
- 2012-07-17 13:37 caz
- Cant believe shes still missing!! ive re twittered and facebooked her again :S xx
- 2012-07-11 06:58 wensmum
- Hi Tay's Mum
I'm working with Neil tomorrow to try to get the website running where we can pool things we have found out (nearest tracker dogs etc.) and with a forum. Will post info on here with details as soon as I can.
- 2012-07-10 18:06 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Beanie245, do you mean me ? If so, what advice are you waiting for ? Please contact me at email@example.com
- 2012-07-10 15:58 scootjockey
- Hi Wensmum just wanted to thank you for the interesting info on our Tays page. In particular the Dog warden stuff as we hadnt known they had those powers, unfortunately! Would have gone down that path in those times where police have rejected our plea`s to investigate . Tay should be flagged as stolen! tho feel the need to call his database, reiterate not to permit new ownership. Why does this fill me with dread !? There`s so many of us that have been looking for our wee ones for such a long long time and yet we are still learning by sharing knowledge gained through our experiences. A page to leave some of it for owners of stolen dogs could be most helpfull dont you think? Willing you some good news, any news of dear Rags you really deserve it. Good luck with the campaiyn. Gail x Do you have a poster of Rags and Tucker yet? Im leavings Marks using A16 Skegness route and could poster.
- 2012-07-10 11:22 wensmum
- Dear Jo You wouldn't think I am strong if you could see me now! I am so glad little Sali is safe.
The doglost posters are a fantastic help for dogs in ownership battles, because with the dates lost and dates registered recorded by a third party they help with the weight of evidence to prove the dog is yours.
I have legal advice that I have enough records to proove she is mine - but several vets will not scan her if she is there "with another owner" - I have been told that RCVS recommend vets do not become involved so they are not assulted by their clients!
- 2012-07-10 11:03 jobadger
- Wensmum - I hope I'm as strong as you if this ever happens to me. The sooner chips are compulsory for all adults and puppies alike and vets (or someone) checks all chips - the sooner girls like yours could be home. Their clients would hopefully do the right thing..... Amazing that chips are not taken as proof of ownership even when the owner reports the dog lost to the relevant authorities. xxx
- 2012-07-10 10:54 wensmum
- I wasn't sure if that sounded as though I'm giving up on her - no way am I ever giving up on her, but would rather know that she is ok, than never ever know anything
- 2012-07-10 08:19 wensmum
- Thank you so much Sue, and all of you who are helping look for Rags. I am hoping that she will be taken for vaccs as it is nearly 12 months since she went missing - I am asking vets to let me know if she is ok, if they see her, and have given DL phone number as well if they want to contact a third party - I hope this is alright, just hope that this might mean if she gets taken to a place where they have reservations about upsetting their clients, I might still hear if she is alive and wellLast edited: 2012-07-10 08:19:58 by wensmum
- 2012-07-10 08:06 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- A new picture of Rags on her page which shows her white markings better. The date for her vaccination is coming up and wensmum will be re-contacting all the vets to remind them that she's still missing. Come home Rags!!
- 2012-07-05 20:21 Beanie245
- Wensmum, if can be of any help postering vets in NN6 happy to do so. just email me as could do a joint postering with Tucker in this area if thats OK?
Some very interesting posts below.. awaiting news re forum but seems quigley's mum already has a site up and running!!
Teddy's mum( GSD) is also keen to promote.. just waiting for Nik to advise I think.
- 2012-07-05 17:37 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- That's great wensmum!!
- 2012-07-05 12:50 wensmum
- Have just heard from the Caravn Club, who have forwarded her poster and my letter asking sites to display it through the scholl holidays to all their registered sites - Well done the Caravan Club
- 2012-07-05 07:21 wensmum
- Bless you Jo. I have emailed Caravan Club and Caravan and Camping club asking if they would group email their sites, but nothing yet, so am going to start putting them on Neils contacts database to get out for summer hols.
Repostering vets shortly with a new "still missing, could turn up any minute" poster and letter so they are aware if she turns up for vaccs as it is 10 months now.
Has anyone heard of Jester's Law/Campaign about getting all dogs involved in all RTA's scanned - it was live about 7 years ago - is itstill going? Did it ever go anywhere?
- 2012-07-05 00:07 jobadger
- Out and about this evening looking for another lost soul but have delivered Ragsie's posters to a couple of local caravan and camping sites which I noticed were full on the way out this morning.
Despite the weather the holiday season is in full swing here so will spend the next week or so going round all of the sites. Someone has to know where she is...... xx
- 2012-07-03 12:42 Quigley's Mum and Dad
- Hi Sam and Wensmum,
I hope you are both well and making some positive progress in your searches. I think of you both often even though I have been pre-occupied with our impending move.
I just want to let you know that I have a blog called: www.whereohwherehasmylittledoggone.com that I was inspired to start a few months ago.
It is aimed, like the forum of which you speak, at giving information to others in our unfortunate situations. In addition to sharing information on a the doglost forum (which I will be happy to join as well and I think is a great idea), I urge you to take a look at my blog.
I would be happy to have either or both of you write a guest blog post or posts on topics which you feel passionate about related to searching for a lost dog. Also, feel free to elaborate on any topics I have already posted about. If we continue to share and link it through our facebook, twitter and doglost pages, it will reach and help many other people as well.
Although I dedicate every entry to Quigley, if you would like to write a guest blog or blogs, I would also be happy to include a dedication and a photo of your own dogs and a link to their facebook pages through your guest blog article. Let me know if you are interested.
I am also happy to join in on the national advert, even if it happens after I leave.
I do plan to continue my involvement in the search as much as possible even thought we are going to be in the States. And, I am blessed to have team Quigley at the helm!
- 2012-06-29 22:59 Aud40
- Wensmum, I will definatly sign.do hope Rags is soon back home.
- 2012-06-29 13:08 wensmum
- Thank you Jo for the ad, Sue for the bump, and everyone for the helpand support. Aud40 - there is a petition to sort out problems with microchipping on vets get scanning website - please sign it and spread the word - maybe loads of missing and stolen dogs would come home
- 2012-06-29 13:00 Aud40
- I will re-post Raggs again on my fb page today I like you Wensmum wish all vets would do their job and scan all new visitors to the practice,I worked in a practice for 18 years until I retired and every dog got scanned at vaccinations or boosters we used to scan from front to back not just the shoulders as Chips can move.
- 2012-06-29 06:37 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Rags is featured in today's issue of Our Dogs
- 2012-06-29 05:55 wensmum
- Thank you Baldrick - I really appreciate all the sharing and trawling scum-sites that you do for her - one day...
If we could only enable vets to scan all new patients, she would be home with loads of others, I'm sure. It is nearly 10 months - maybe whoever has her will take her for her vaccinations soon
- 2012-06-28 20:33 baldrick
- Still sharing on facebook. Still looking on scumtree and the like. x
- 2012-06-27 11:35 wensmum
- I have a friend building an internet forum, where we can post our findings and discuss things, without distracting from the purpose of these pages - I am very grateful for having a page for Ragsie, also that people want to discuss their ideas and findings - just want to keep the two apart. I hope everyone will come on the forum with their knowledge and help, to make life easier for any other poor souls in this position, and to discuss ways of finding dogs - and I hope we will all be able to help and support each other on it. I could not have survived these awful months without the support of DL and Ragsie's group on FB - if sharing my experiences helps anybody, bring it on.
As soon as I have details I will put them on here
- 2012-06-27 09:49 jobadger
- I'm with you 300% Nik - I'm worried that there will be those who are able to take part easily - it is a lot of money per ad; there will be those who will take part with difficulty and those who won't be able to pay such a price and will feel guilty (maybe for the rest of their lives if their dog never returns).
I was worried that this has taken over Ragsie's page and an open forum, which can be accessed by all interested parties, is the way ahead.
Ragsie's missing poster was to be repeated in Our Dogs online newsletter but I don't seem to have been able to find it. If anyone has, could they please give me a nod in the right direction. xx
- 2012-06-26 16:55 wensmum
- I appreciate and share you concern - this was not, in the first instance, my idea, but it is on my dog's page.
My plan is to move it off here, give the interested parties the information which we have - the prices, and all of your input, and let them decide what they want to do. If I can offer any further help, I am happy to do so.
I do agree that if a group of us dicuss things together we may well be able to come up with new ideas, but quite honestly I feel that this page was put here by you folk to help my dog to come home, and is not really a suitable place for open discussions - but when I have found a place where those discussions can take place, I will post it on here, and it can then revert to doing what it should be - helping to get Ragsie safe home
- 2012-06-26 13:24 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- I am very concerned about owners contributing to the cost of one national press ad. My professional advice (as a marketing & communications consultant) was that it was unadvisable. Advertising works over a period of time and has to be targeted to the right group of people. Even if it was appropriate, how do you know the Daily Mail is the right paper ? Have you checked NRS ?
- 2012-06-25 19:31 Quigley's Mum and Dad
- Hi Wensmum,
I hope you are well. I would love to participate in a joint national advert. Please let me know details of internet meetup group when it is created. You are amazing and once again, an inspiration. God Bless Rags!
- 2012-06-25 13:46 wensmum
- We are currently trying to sort an internet "meeting room" as trying to physically meet up to discuss things would be expensive and difficult. The newspaper ad looks expensive, will update on it when we have set up somewhere to talk
- 2012-06-25 12:38 SallyF
- Hi, I'm interested in a national ad too (id: 36430). My Parsons Jack Russell, Socks has now been missing 5 months and am thinking she must be miles away as I've made it pretty hard for a local person to keep her. I've placed many ads in the local papers so perhaps it's time to reach a wider audience. Keep me posted on any developments/costs etc. Is there also a way to notify vets countrywide? I've emailed hundreds but there must be an easier way. Happy to help. Thanks. S
- 2012-06-25 09:47 Teddy's Mum
- Hi, Teddy's mum here. Missing GSD ID no: 35377
I would like to participate with the ad/inserts?
I have been trying to do this for a while but didn't really know how to coordinate it. As I am sure is the same for Rags mum and all the other families of missing dogs, when you are so heartbroken, it is difficult to think logically!
Thank you for posting me. It is the only way to go in order to get national coverage, as it only takes one person! will do anything to help get our missing, beloved dogs back.
I feel that Teddy was picked up and that someone out there has her, probably not aware that her mum is desperate to find her and bring her home.
Happy to post my personal email as easier to communicate.
07503 233 945
Many thanks. You will be home soon lovely Rags xx
- 2012-06-24 19:00 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I think this is a great idea for an ad if feasible. Some owners got together for a group poster before so you could do that. This way all contribute to the cost of the printing which makes it as lot less, and all give out at fairs, events, shows etc. This way you cover more ground and more dogs. Worth a try. xxxLast edited: 2012-06-29 11:20:51 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-06-20 22:58 jobadger
- Ragsie - it's so time you were home. Wherever you are, I hope you're warm, well-fed and comfy little girl. xx
- 2012-06-15 21:17 Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- Hi I will pass on the info and email link to the owner I am trying to help at the moment. I am away from tomorrow so will see when I come back if she has followed it through.
I will look for Rags whilst on holidays, as well as my mising few!
- 2012-06-15 01:36 Neighbark
- Hi Sammie & Jobadger, Sammie - We are trying to get owners and non-owners together, but first need to contact everyone via phone or emails. We need to list and contact everyone who would be interested in getting together to make plans and try and get our furry friends back. I too am leaving posts on Tuckers and Rags pages, and chase about trying to pick messages up. Difficult. Yes I am on f.B. - but feel a bit exposed as its in my real name and gives a bit too much info out for my liking and comfort. We don't really want the dog-thieves to know what we're planning, if u get my drift..... So can u email Beannie (see email address on Tucker's site or rags site. We'll soon contact owners of missing dogs. I too am a DL volunteer and have helped find 2 dogs. It's a wonderful feeling. there are many DL people working their way thru' the site day in night out, the unsung heroes whose reward is seeing dogs go into the blue. This microchipping and lack of scanning is a major problem. Hope to get us all together in the not too distant future, but most of all - hope to get these poor doggies and poor owners back together. Viva the Doglost team! So much going on in their discreet fight against missing and stolen dogs.
- 2012-06-12 21:15 jobadger
- Hi Neighbark - yes please - Caroline's got my email and phone number.
Sammie - DL relies on hits to keep it going and is really very instrumental in returning and rehoming. I personally would hate my email details being made public and I'm afraid I don't think very much of FB where people can hide behind their comments and can message anyone at will. Yes - I know there are security options but to be perfectly honest, I came off FB not so long ago because of security issues.
I think the problem with some owners lies in their belief that once their missing one is on DL then their work is over and DL takes over with the searching, postering etc. I'm not saying this goes for all owners - I had a blazing row with one person on FB who was shouting the odds about what DL hadn't done. Yes - I know I'm preaching to the converted here, but I feel very strongly that Facebook, whilst a way of spreading information, also inhibits the spread of information - that is happening in a current search at the moment. These are my personal views btw and I'll get off my soapbox now and wish you a super holiday! xxLast edited: 2012-06-12 21:42:15 by jobadger
- 2012-06-11 20:30 Sammie, Area Co-ordinator Hampshire
- Neighbark - I looked at Rags page today as I am away on holiday next week and I wanted to refresh my knowledge on how Rags looks! Then I saw you posts under. I help lost dogs in my area (as a DL Volunteer) but we have been very unsuccessful so I thought your idea good. The trouble is I know the owner of my most current missing dog never checks her dog lost page! so posting on them might not prompt a resonse. Shame it isn't like FaceBook where it sends you a notification! And shame we can't actually email someone from this site. Are you on FB? Rags page or some of the DL pages?
Anyway back to Rags I am going to Cornwall so will try to recall in my memory as many of the missing dogs as possible!
- 2012-06-11 17:50 Neighbark
- Jobadger - Rags, Tucker's mums and I are all emailing - trying to work out what's best to do-trying to make a plan. Let me know if u'd like to be in the loop. the more the better! N.
- 2012-06-08 21:48 Beanie245
- Neighbark Have posted on Tucker's page email details/idea re editorial etc etc... Huge thanks to you, wensmum and jobadger the more idea's/people aware the better
As you rightly say any chance is better than none with a bit of luck we may be able to make this work.. paper's love printing heartbreaking story's especially about animals we have many of those on DL and the public love happy ending's.!! firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2012-06-08 21:24 jobadger
- There is another way of getting distributed with a daily national - use an insert. We get them printed they insert them - something like £29 per 1000 - have a look on the Daily Mirror website - it gives the rates there - which are pretty comparable with the Mail.
- 2012-06-08 12:56 Neighbark
- Do you think I should copy my last posting to other long-term owners? Isn't a thread of hope better than none? Or just too much of a financial and emotional gamble?
- 2012-06-08 12:49 Neighbark
- Hi Beannie, I've had a reply from Nik the PR lady. If u let me know your email address-I'll forward it on to you. It has rather deflated me, but I haven't given up and won't! I have a list of around 40 of the owners who - like you and Caroline... just don't seem to rest in their search. From my enquiries yestrday, the Daily Mail quoted £21,600 (inc 20% vat)for one full colour page, between t.v. and sports. If we could get 36 owners to each have a 7cm x 5 cm box with dogs piccie in, AND have a bold heading saying something like "HAVE YOU SEEN OUR LOST DOGS" - then I make this £600 each. It's down to money of course. This is a straight advert. They say its discounted.
So one day only, one full colour page, £600 each. Its a gamble that only the poor owners can decide on. If only it wasn't so expensive - to be able to put one in each of the daily papers would stand a much better chance (of course). It's down to being in the right place...at the right time of course....Mrs Smith happening to open that paper on that day and see your dog - recognise it...and call you. I'll copy this posting onto Rags page for Wensmum. N. x
- 2012-06-07 18:24 Beanie245
- Neighbark, Have posted on Tucker's page..thinking maybe of ways to get into paper as a story re the heartbreak of our lost pets!!! Trying to get list of other possible owner's..Could Doglost post this idea on its notice board??Thankyou so much for your support.
- 2012-06-07 09:05 jobadger
- I had a look online on the advertising page rates for the Mirror. I think contacting PR is an excellent idea - the expertise is there. If I can do anything to help Neighbark, please let me know. xx
- 2012-06-07 07:38 wensmum
- DL may have systems in place for ring-fenced donations. If not, I know a man who can (I think - he did it to run the rolling ad at the Service Station, which is still going).
- 2012-06-06 23:57 Neighbark
- I'm going to contact daily Nat paper to try and get a price. Need help getting donations, arranging paypal, contacting owners etc. Will contact DL PR .
- 2012-06-05 12:38 caz
- 2012-06-05 12:36 caz
- HI any news on rags and owner yet? ill keep where i can! :)
- 2012-06-05 10:29 jobadger
- The only thanks I need is Ragsie's safe return Caroline. It's in again at the end of June to catch all of those travelling up and down the country to the summer shows. Let's hope everyone's efforts bring some news of the girl now that people are out and about on the road for holidays again. xxLast edited: 2012-06-05 12:19:45 by jobadger
- 2012-06-04 20:24 wensmum
- Thank you Jo fo putting her ad in Our Dogs.
Thank you Nina - we did those origionally, and she was in the Caravan club mag recently, but well worth getting back onto the sites again as people are starting to camp again
Neighbark - that is a brilliant idea - I'm sure Quigleys mum and dad, the two patts Jess and Bramble, Scooby, Pepper and load of others would come in on it as well as those who already said they would
- 2012-06-04 14:30 SanBarn
- Count me in.xx
- 2012-06-03 15:35 Beanie245
- Great Idea... we would be willing to share an advert/ donate towards cost.. Still looking for Tucker dog ID 30394 lost since 13/6/11...miss him so much, I know there are still a lot of other owner's desperate for news i.e Brook and Tay's mum's etc..please will follow posts to see if anyone else would like to go with this?? .
- 2012-06-03 07:28 jobadger
- Excellent idea Neighbark - please count me in. xxLast edited: 2012-06-04 09:22:47 by jobadger
- 2012-06-02 20:28 Neighbark
- You know - I've been thinking. This is a big ask...if everyone who's helping and interested in reuniting Ragsy and Caroline would or could afford to make a donation in order to pay for some big adverts in the main national papers - it would make an even larger proportion of the U.K. aware of this little dog and her dedicated unrelenting owner. Also, if a few missing dog owners all created a joint-advert, say with large boxes with pictures of each one - I am sure this would create an awful lot of interest. I'm sure the papers would do a special rate, if not do free editorial for a sizeable adverts, which is, after all very newsworthy in its own right. We are a nation of dog-lovers, with sadly a nasty contingency who steal and re-sell our best friends- and as a result many of these stolen dogs are moved around the country, giving owners little hope of ever finding them.
SO COME ON - ARE YOU UP FOR IT? I'll start off with £10 towards this massive advertising campaign. Just think, if just 100 of us donated £10 - that's a whole thousand pounds! Then another 100 = £2000 Would it be that difficult to do? think of all the plasterers, vets/farmers/bricklayers, lorry drivers, teachers etc. all opening their Daily Mail, Daily Mirror - to see Rags and friends little faces looking out at them! ...and if just ONE person says "I KNOW THAT DOG - MY FRIEND/NEIGHBOUR/COLLEAGUE OWNS IT...." Then Rags and friends might just be returned to their desperate owners. Now wouldn't that make us all walk on air.Last edited: 2012-06-02 20:32:03 by Neighbark
- 2012-06-02 14:33 Nina
- Wonder if Caravan Club sites and the Camping and Caravan Club sites would display posters just in case holiday makers see sight of her anywhere.
- 2012-06-01 06:54 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Rags has an advert in the issue of Our Dogs out today.
- 2012-05-31 18:46 wensmum
- Thank you Jo, so much. The T-shirts should be available - the manager of vistaprint agreed that anyone could order what they wanted, the art work was origionally put up by Dove's Cottage - they should have kept the art work on file. If there is a problem, I'm sure if I ask Mark and Janine, they will order whatever is needed.
Michelle was postering the services from mid Cornwall to Nottingham, we have the Welsh Marches - M50, M5, M54 covered. Lesley has done something clever on twitter and got the Motorway servie companies following her and twitted them posters (I dont understand this, but I'm sure others do!)
- 2012-05-31 16:08 jobadger
- Are the Ragsie T-shirts still available?? xx
- 2012-05-31 16:03 jobadger
- Just come back in from postering - and there are some lovely people out there. Have done down the 55 to Deeside, 41 and 49 to Shrewsbury and back up the A5 to Bangor and home! I also left posters wherever there were restaurants/shops and gave fliers to people who were there. It was a good day to go 'cos it wasn't too hot. I'll go down the coast on Sunday - oh - and I've also left some on the train which goes down to Machynlleth. Will get down to Abersoch before then to drop soem off with the girls in the pharmacy. Let's hope there's some news of this girl from somewhere soon. Last edited: 2012-05-31 16:05:10 by jobadger
- 2012-05-25 21:10 wensmum
- The manager just got in such a strop, she wouldn't let us on. Neil emailed wonderful Eddie Stobart and Wisemans, who both out Ragsie's poster up in their staff canteens across the country and the motorway polic put her poster in their canteens, and we had lorry drivers fb their mates - she has a couple of agility friends who are lorrydrivers.
Thank you Jo - you are a star
- 2012-05-25 20:49 jobadger
- Good thinking wensmum! THEY had done all anybody could be expected to do....... Gosh I wish Frankley was my local services....:-)
I'll stick them up down the A55 and the A5 too - be nice to have a drive around now the exams are over. xx
Just a thought - has anyone there said we can't put fliers unedr windscreen wipers? The lorry park and the coaches would be a good start.Last edited: 2012-05-25 20:53:10 by jobadger
- 2012-05-25 19:29 wensmum
- Just in case she is with someone who thought she was dumped, and they are off on holidays again - please anyone who reads this, who is travelling on the motorways, please would you print off her poster and put it up at any service station you stop at (she is on the rolling screen at Frankley, and they will not allow her poster up on the doors - the manager there told me after a month they they had done all anybody could be expected to do, having her poster up that long, she was probably dead, and I should get over it, after all its only a dog. So, please, unless you really like a battle, leave that one out!
- 2012-05-23 00:10 jobadger
- I know Frankley Services are covered but what about Corley for those travelling towards and away from the M1 and Hilton Park for those northbound?
If Ragsie was taken at Frankley Services they could have gone up the M6 north or eastwards towards the M1 and the south. xx
- 2012-05-22 20:46 guinness'mum
- Hi,We visit Scotland regular,so use the M6,services,there are a few dogs set in my memory Rags being one of them,don't worry if i had an inkling i saw her with someone ,i would do something
- 2012-05-21 18:38 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Ragsie's mum - don't you worry what anyone thinks, this is YOUR precious dog and you are a truly wonderful owner. You do what you need to do, and, please everyone, keep looking for lovely Rags wherever you may be. Our dogs do move around the country sometimes, so owner is right - please look out for her. Come on Rags, where are you? xxx
- 2012-05-21 09:32 jobadger
- I'll second that wensmum - re. the site up and running again. xx
- 2012-05-21 09:24 wensmum
- Wanted to say - well done the techno-guys for getting the site going again - thank you
- 2012-05-21 09:22 wensmum
- Doglost helpers all over the country must think I'm mad, asking for posters all over the place - but she went missing one field away from a service station, and had spent the summer camping - if she saw a caravan there, she would just have thought she was home again. And I have encouraged her to work with anyone to help youngsters training at the dog club - they had a knowledgable dog to work with. I'll never do that again.
Have emailed doggy-type contacts and pubs round Barnard Castle - she is known round there - so I might get a definate answer one way or the other. I have had a wonderful response from the pubs, pet shops etc round Fewston - The Sun and others - who have said they will look while they are walking their dogs
- 2012-05-19 10:13 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- OK, the description that we have is a leggy terrier size about same as a beagle, golden soft coat it had grown out over it's eyes and curled down. Overall look was a scruffy dog look like a disney dog, but such a pretty face. On a lead with an elderly-ish man but appeared t be looking around for another person so could also be walked by someone else.
Will get alerts out to this area now to CA17,DL11,DL12,DL13
- 2012-05-19 06:34 wensmum
- I have emailed petshops and pubs etc round Fewston Resevoir - Ilkley Pets replied and said they had put her poster up, I'm sure others have.
The lady who messaged me on fb is an artist - dogs and wildlife - so understands what her eyes tell her - so will start on petshops and pubs etc round Barnard Castle later
- 2012-05-18 19:32 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Just let me know when you have some more info wensmum
- 2012-05-18 19:29 wensmum
- Just waiting for further details about a possible sighting near Barnard Castle - dont want to bother Sueand ask her to get everyone postering unless it sounds hopeful - so far it sounds good, right size, right colour, the lass who told me didnt remember markings, it is so difficult when it isnt your dog you are looking for. Will update when I get more infp
- 2012-05-18 10:43 jobadger
- Ragsie - your mum needs you home now - the rest of the family need you home now - you've not met Posy - she's dying to meet you. Wherever you are - stay safe. xx
@Bonnie's mum - isn't Gerald lovely???Last edited: 2012-05-18 12:11:10 by jobadger
- 2012-05-18 07:59 janiejewel1649
- No news then of Rags whereabouts? I have posted in B76 (Where I live) in an area (Country Park) frequented by many observant dog walkers.
- 2012-05-17 19:57 wensmum
- Thank you Bonnies' mum, Tipsy is very like....but not quite, so kind of you to look and post her, but no, no white
- 2012-05-17 19:46 Bonnies' mum
- Animal Care Lancaster have a dog on their site for rehoming called TIPSY. Doesn't appear to have white on the front but might be worthwhile looking at picture. I emailed them last night asking them to look at RAGS on 'Doglost' but up to now haven't had a reply
- 2012-05-17 18:16 wensmum
- She has matchin ears, tips flopping down - when she runs, they flick back. She has been missingover 8 months - if she has been injured she may have one ear down - she is about 40 cm/17" high at the shoulder (staffie/beagle/sheltie size), bright gold, white chest, tummy and paws, and short sticking up tail. Do you know someone that looks like her Ria?
- 2012-05-17 13:08 ria
- Does this dog have one ear down and one ear that sticks up and the tip flops down?
- 2012-05-17 10:47 caz
- good luck with search i know its hard work but there worth it still putting pic on face book sites fingers crossed xx
- 2012-05-17 07:22 Quigley's Mum and Dad
- still praying for you
- 2012-05-17 06:29 wensmum
- Thank you Jo, I never thought you had left. Have emailed dog walkers in North Yorks. I'm not sure if Leslie has been able to do festival sites. I've caught up with all the new Welsh vets. It is so difficult not having a particular area to focus on - I feel as though I'm crashing about in the dark with my eyes shut, hoping to stumble over her.
- 2012-05-16 22:05 jobadger
- I've just caught up with the little one on here - I haven't left you - just several nasty people on FB! Just to let you know - I circulated about 30 Gumtree sites again a couple of weeks ago - before the Brum visits - forgot to tell you - and I'll start circulating the Freecycle ones again - and as many festival sites as I can find - unless Leslie's done them?
- 2012-05-16 21:13 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Posters sent to BD23,DL8,HG1,HG3,HG4,LS21,LS29
- 2012-05-16 20:41 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Phone call from a lady who has seen a similar stray dog to Rags near Fewston Reservoir Harrogate. Will get alerts out. If you receive on please can you help by putting up a poster on bulletin boards etc in that area?
- 2012-05-14 16:59 wensmum
- Thanks Caz. Channel 4 very kindly checked out a similar dog shown on news clip on Thrsday, dog sitting by River Deben in suffolk, where it crosses (or runs down?) a road - he saidthe c 485. But he said that dog had no white feet - doesn't seem to have white chest in the shot, but did wonder if it was mud - the clip I was sent was so small (obviously) it was hard to tell
I have now contacted all the vets in England on the RCVS site that we hadn't already contacted from the any-vet uk site - just started cross matching the Welsh ones.
- 2012-05-14 11:51 caz
- bumped her poster to top of pages on facebook sites again today these sites have over 3000 people on them surley someone must know of any leads of her whereabouts fingers crossed xx
- 2012-05-13 19:53 wensmum
- Thank you so much
- 2012-05-13 09:13 caz
- No problem Ive asked people on facebook who are doing the sponsered walk to keep eye out too hope little rags is found soon good luck and ill continue to do all i can to help xx
- 2012-05-13 06:07 wensmum
- Thank you Caz, did put her on gumtree when she first went missing, k9 search involved from the start, and ray has been looking for her. Will try the other one - it is great to be pointed to a new site.
- 2012-05-12 20:51 caz
- someone on my facebook link asked if owner has tried advertising on gumtree lost and found?? just a thought! or tried missing pets beau.. k9 search.. etc? ray dedicott radio wm he helps people who have lost pets.Last edited: 2012-05-12 20:53:48 by caz
- 2012-05-12 18:05 wensmum
- Thank you Caz, thats wonderful. There was a very similar dog in a clip on C4 news Thursday evening, one of her young agility friends sent it to me yesterday - can't see white, but could be muddy - we have established that the dog was filmed by the regional news team, but now cant get any more info til Monday
- 2012-05-12 08:58 caz
- have put an alert out on my facebook page and im also connected to for sale sites around the bham area on facebook will put poster there too good luck hope rags returns back home soon xx
- 2012-05-09 14:00 wensmum
- Bless you Jo, Have sent her to them
- 2012-05-09 12:42 jobadger
- This morning tv programme have posted this on their website....
This Friday we’re intending to feature an item on missing pets. So if you’ve lost a pet, or think you’ve had one stolen, let us know and we might be able to feature them in our missing pets gallery. Email email@example.com with some good shots of your missing pet and a few details that might help: when you last saw your pet, any distinguishing marks, habits or characteristics. Maybe it was wearing a particular collar. We need your emails by 5.00pm Thursday the 10th May. http://www.itv.com/thismorning/life/reuniting-lost-pets-with-owners/
- 2012-05-08 20:28 Quigley's Mum and Dad
- Hi Wensmum,
Thank you for lighting that candle. You are an amazing person. Fingers crossed that they come home to us soon:)
- 2012-05-08 14:58 wensmum
- Oh, and in case anyone else ever needs to know (I hope not), the only hostel in the West Midlands that takes dogs is St Annes, and they also have her poster
- 2012-05-08 14:56 wensmum
- I'm getting to know the city centre a lot better! She now has posters up in the Big Issue office, the Salvation Army have some for the soup kitchens, they are up along the canal, the watermen know about her - so, rather more frighteningly do the drug addicts - she is up in the Childrens Hspital and St Martins and by the bus stops on Snowhill Queensway. The community support officers are putting her poster up in their canteen; and the police say it is their camera opposite where the sighting was, but no they can't use cctv to see if that is my dog or not. The vets involved in the Hope project know about her - the PDSA as usual refuse to scan any dog on a lead, and wont display her poster (its the rules) and 1 vet wouldn't scan her if she was with someone even sitting under her wanted poster - the other scan all dogs, and has re-united several lost/stolen dogs. But very few dogs, and no Rags today
- 2012-05-02 06:44 wensmum
- I have been given info on the dog-friendly hostels in the area, will try to find out about soup kitchens etc. Unfortunately dont seem to have contacts in the area, and might not be able to get up and look/poster til tomorrow. I don't know the city centre at all
- 2012-05-02 06:28 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Possible sighting of Rags seen with a man near the Snowhill/Queensway bus stop in the middle of Birmingham, possibly homeless man, grey hair and stubbly beard, The sighting was of him sitting on the steps by the bus stop sometime between 12 and 1 yesterday lunchtime. The Birmingham dog wardens are trying to access cctv
- 2012-04-17 08:24 wensmum
- Thank you Jan, yes I do understand it must be weird for helpers getting alerts months after she went missing, and miles away, but I think she must have got picked up on M5 service station - or jumped in someones caravan. There is a detailed description of her
1. Terrier Cross 2. Female 3. Primary Colour - GOLD 4. Markings - CHEST - white blaze which narrows to under her chin FRONT RIGHT LEG - white ankle sock FRONT LEFT LEG - white sock to knee joint BACK RIGHT LEG - white ankle sock BACK LEFT LEG - white ankle sock 5. Tail - HALF DOCKED TAIL approx 6 inches - ALL GOLD - normally carries her tail upwards 6. Paws - ALL FOUR DEW CLEWS PRESENT 7. Identification - MICROCHIPPED upto date COLLAR was wearing a BLUE collar with faded embroidery when she disappeared. 8. Height - 16" (40cm) to the shoulder 9. Coat Type - Medium rough wavy 10. Ears - are not pricked, they flop forward. 11. Eyes - Dark brown 12. Jaw - normal jaw line no prominent teeth
She has a fb page with more pics http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/270218086341610/doc/312105642152854/
I am so grateful for everyones help - there have been "sightings" of dogs who might be her from Bradford to Southampton to Sussex, while I live in Worcestershire - so I am very dependant on help from all you kind people and I am so deeply grateful you are there. Thank you all so muchLast edited: 2012-04-17 08:26:01 by wensmum
- 2012-04-16 20:23 Jan S
- I've only just seen this sorry, was wondering why I'd been sent an alert as I'm in Epsom. I think there is a travellers site not far from here so a straying dog would not be a surprise. Will pass this info on to family and friends and keep a look out if I can get to the area myself.
- 2012-04-13 17:02 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- phone call from a lady in the Dorking/Bookham/Leatherhead area, who was walking her dog this morning at Norbury Park, and near the car park saw a dog similar to Rags - she can't remember/didn't notice about white markings or tail, but similar size, colour and face. This dog was nervous, on its own and obviously straying. Posters emailed out to the area.
- 2012-04-09 18:36 wensmum
- Sorry, not Rags - she is longer in the leg, and has definate white paws, tummy and chest. Thank you so much for keeping on trying - I'll ring the dog warden anyway, and see if I can email a poster over
- 2012-04-08 23:23 Helen, Area Co-ordinator Norfolk and Suffolk
- Think the found dog is too small for Rags x
- 2012-04-08 22:38 Cath
This isn't him is it?
- 2012-04-08 20:20 wensmum
- Thank you all so much for trying - that isn't my Rags but well worth a shout - hopefully now back with real owners
- 2012-04-08 19:15 janiejewel1649
- Hoping for a positive result in the search for Rags. Dont live too far from B37, and my sister lives there. Will post and keep a lookout.
- 2012-04-08 16:51 Jayne - Head Office
- email in admin today from the your dog magazine article...have forwarded to owner...but WE ALL LOVE TO SEE RAGS BUMPED AS OWNERS HAVE DONE SO MUCH...
Hi, just thought i would mention that a dog called RAGS was handed in to CHANCEPIXIES rescue, west hougham , near dover, kent and apparantly re united. It may not be the same dog but the same name and look very much the same. May be worth you looking at their website
- 2012-03-24 06:56 wensmum
- Marie, a very kind dogwalker who thought it might have been her got some pics, and went and found the dog, sadly not her. Sorry I didn't put it up before, had stupidly let my hopes build up too much. Will try some new ideas now and see if something comes of them
- 2012-03-23 13:40 jobadger
- A posting on Ragsie's FB page has indicated it wasn't :-(
- 2012-03-22 14:05 bazil
- Fingers crossed, hope it is Rags x
- 2012-03-22 08:06 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Wensmum has had a call about a Rags lookalike in Nottingham. The caller will be helping to check out if this could be Rag hopefully today.
- 2012-03-14 16:20 Jayne - Head Office
- Bumped due toarticle on missing dogs featuring Ragsin April issue of Your Dog magazine.
- 2012-03-13 21:51 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Posters emailed to B26,B27,B33,B34,B35,B36,B37,B40,B46
- 2012-03-13 21:43 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Message from someone attending Crufts that they had seen a dog "like Rags" being walked by a lady in a park on the left between Coventry Hill Hotel and the NEC - park was near the hotel and on the left. Wensmum has emailed the two possible golf courses, and Lesley has faxed the hotel, but if anyone could poster in the Allesley Park area, or anywhere around there, it would much appreciated.
- 2012-03-05 18:45 wensmum
- Wonderful if people can do that - K9Massage and Dodson and Horrell are carrying posters on their trade stands - Nat (K9Massage) is kindly asking her friends on other trade stands to carry posters - she also has a bit in Your Dog, which is in the goodie bag - I am so gratteful for everyones help to keep her profile high, thank you all
- 2012-03-05 15:36 Yettontop
- I know one or two people are going to wear posters re: Rags at Crufts. If people are going to Crufts, could they also do something to make as many people as possible aware? (Without getting into any trouble!) If you have a trolley or baby buggy with you, put a poster on it; if you are exhibiting or in Discover dogs, sneak a poster on the bench or stall. I can't make it this year, but please let's take this opportunity to spread the word even further!
- 2012-03-05 12:43 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster emailed to helpers in B16,18,19,20,21,66,70,71.
- 2012-03-05 12:18 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Possible sighting of Rags in the B21 9HA area - Grove Lane, Handsworth. Dog on lead with two young men,
- 2012-02-25 07:22 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Posters sent out to cover both these areas B38,B45,B47,B48,B49,B50,B60,B80,B90,B93,B94,B95,B96,B97,B98,CV37,WR7
- 2012-02-24 19:19 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Two possible sightings of Rags in different places. One of a stray on Evesham Country Park, one on a lead with a couple in Studley.
- 2012-02-18 19:06 Gypsy
- I've just read your lovely article about Rags in the March edition of Dogs Today and I found it incredibly moving. You've worked so hard and your love and devotion to Rags is undeniable. If anyone deserves to get their dog back, its you!
Sending lots of positive thoughts your way and hope you are both reunited soon. xxx
- 2012-02-17 16:32 wensmum
- Teddy came from Ireland, so was not the dog from Barnham - there has been no more info from there, tho I believe she has had a lot of publicity in the area
- 2012-02-15 18:47 wensmum
- Thank you Caroline, will try to contact them tomorrow, will post on here with what they say - it would be good to know for definate about that sighting, it is horrible when you never know, and never hear anymore. Thank you so much for your help
- 2012-02-15 14:52 Caroline28
- Their contact details are:
Tel: 01273 846969 or 07818 898150
They say that most of their dogs are from local pounds on their website:
Allsorts is primarily setup to find homes for unwanted, unloved and abandoned dogs in Sussex. Many dogs are strays that have been picked up by various local councils and passed onto us for re-homing. In some cases we take dogs that are 24 hours or less away from being destroyed.
We do not normally acknowledge this when advertising a dog as we do not want anyone to re-home a dog simply because they believe they are saving its life. We also re-home dogs for people that contact us directly with a problem. This is usually a relationship breakdown, a death in the family or serious illness. Occasionally it will be something trite. BUT, we always put the dogs interest first.
Last edited: 2012-02-15 15:11:19 by Caroline28
- 2012-02-14 19:13 wensmum
- Thank you. Have seen the dog - yes he could have been mistaken for her - I can't find a way to contact them except through their adoption forms, and they say please don't use those forms for general queries. Looked at Allsorts general pages but not sure if its the same place - please could you help with contact details - address or something? Thank you so much for your help
- 2012-02-14 16:18 Caroline28
- I live in the Bognor/Chichester area and recently went to the Bognor Pets At Home where I saw Rags' poster. All Sorts Dog Rescue, which is based in Sussex, take dogs from the pound (I think) and there is a dog, which is not Rags, but similar to Rags on their site.
I wonder if the dog in barnham was taken to the pound and since ended up on their rehoming site? Perhaps you could contact them and find out.
Anyway - i really hope you find Rags soon. bless you xxx
- 2012-02-13 18:29 wensmum
- Sorry everyone - thank you so much for your help, but it isn't her in Shirley. I met the dog today - lovley male pure bred Wheaten called Bertie, whose owner has given me a couple of new ideas of places to publicise her. Thank you for trying
- 2012-02-12 04:52 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Wensmum's letter to Rags is also published in Dogs Today
- 2012-02-11 14:10 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Posters sent to
- 2012-02-11 14:01 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Possible sighting of Rags in Shirley B90. The dog was on a halti being walked by a couple - the lady had a walking aid - dark hair, 30/40 years old. They are known to live in the Glascote Close/Sklecher Road area, have been seen walking a different elderly dog accompanied by a cat, previously, this dog is fairly new to them. They were seen walking along Stoneford Road and Stanton Road, at the back of Haslucks Green Junior School.
- 2012-01-25 07:45 wensmum
- Have just had confirmation that it is not Ragsie in Brockhill Lane - her wonderful crowd on facebook have found the dog, on a lead, and it is a boy, and darker. Better to know it was not her than never hearing about the dog again.
There are a lot more people in that area who know about Scooby now, hopefully we can get a lead on him
- 2012-01-21 17:57 wensmum
- Thank you Sharon, she has fb page http://en-gb.facebook.com/#!/groups/270218086341610/ with more pics - she is odd because she looks like a different dog every time she does something different! Like her ears blow back when she runs. Am in Brockhill Woods tomorrow, will obviously be watching for any dog - have told everyone I met up on Brockhill Lane about Scooby, there is a guy with 3 or 4 black labs and a big handful of springers who walks round there 4 hours a day in particular who is looking out for him
- 2012-01-21 13:17 Sharongolfer
- Good Luck. I too have seen a dog being walked in that area ho looks like Rags but i hadnt seen a full picture of Rags than and didnt know that she had white front paws. i have been over that area this morning but not seen anything. The dog i saw was along Agmore Lane with a middle aged woman. I will keep looking out for this woman. I am still out loads looking for Scooby.
- 2012-01-20 22:56 Neighbark
- Can't stop checking on this site...so want it to be Rags.
- 2012-01-20 22:42 Jayne - Head Office
- Gosh I think you have set a doglost record...over 1,100 tweets and over 100 shares... over 20,000 page views...come on Rags we are not giving up on you....
- 2012-01-20 22:32 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Oh my, oh my! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE...... let it be Ragsie! Praying for you Caroline and sweet Rags. x
- 2012-01-20 19:01 wensmum
- Thank you all for helping. Couldn't see any sign of her, but I used to work at the prison farm and she came with me, so if it is her, she is only about 1/2 mile from places she knows and people who know her well. The dog seen was on its own, and someone else said they had seen a "dog like her" in the area a few days ago - well there are lots of people looking out for her now. Thanks Luke, if its her, we might need Ray's hgelp, so its great Hollytrees know she is still missing
- 2012-01-20 13:23 Luke1948
- I have put posters in Hollywwod gardens Post Office. Hollywood vet's
and Hollytrees Animal Rescue Trust.
Will keep looking.
- 2012-01-20 09:33 jobadger
- Sooo hoping this is Rags... xx
- 2012-01-20 09:15 Jayne - Head Office
- Fingers and paws crossed.....go for it team Rags...were sightings of the dog on its own or with someone?
- 2012-01-20 06:00 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Reported sighting of Rags in Brockhill Lane, Hewell, Redditch yesterday. Wensmum out there searching today.
Posters sent to B14,B30,B31,B38,B45,B47,B48,B49,B50,B60,B61,B80,B90,B94,B95,B96,B97,B98
- 2012-01-13 14:36 EdieBear
- It's still worth a look Wensmum. My sister had two dogs whos nose's went from black to pink and back to black again. They were Spitz dogs and believe this can be a common occuance...but still worth a shot!! Hoping Rags is home for cuddles very soon. Wish you all the luck in finding her xx
- 2012-01-12 11:13 wensmum
- Thank you but I'm reasonably sure this is not Rags, because while they can dye her coat, they couldn't change her nose colour could they? This dog has brown nose, which would go with chocolate coat? Rags definatley black nose.
- 2012-01-11 23:21 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Strange, but my last post referred to Sussex too. Caroline, have you seen my FB post to your wall?
- 2012-01-11 23:16 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- From ny FB wall
"Someone has just asked if this could be Raggs? Too dark I think but .....??
‘Do you know this dog?’ Hunt for stolen iPad causes online storm
A man who had his iPad stolen while out shopping over Christmas is tracking it down after managing to access a number of pictures taken by the possible culprit.
Caroline, I've sent you this on FB. Probably not Rags, but sometimes dogs are dyed, so always worth checking. Kim xLast edited: 2012-01-11 23:19:18 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-01-09 21:49 Nina
- Mot sure what meetings are on in the near future at Fontwell Racecourse. Fontwell is less than 5 miles from Barnham and is in use mainly in the Winter as jump horse racing.
- 2012-01-09 21:16 jobadger
- Hi Nina - I've sent posters to the railway station (there are two cafes there)and a few of the local shops I could find. I'm working my way through schools and colleges in the area at the moment. I'm also contacting someone at Sussex Uni to put around some posters. xx
- 2012-01-09 20:17 Nina
- Just thought about Bognor College which has many students staying in and around the area. Local schoools might be worth a try, children see and hear a lot especially if a reward is offered towards school funds. We have a popular local paper called the Bognor Observer which comes out on a Thursday not sure when the dead line is.
- 2012-01-09 20:12 Nina
- Might be worth asking Barnham Railway station to display a poster and Barnham village is a busy little place.
- 2012-01-09 20:03 wensmum
- That is wonderful, thank you. Jobadger has also contacted garden centres etc as you suggested, DW's are being brilliant, please, just do anything you think will help - I am so grateful for everyone's help, I'm such a long way away from this one, and keep getting odd things round here, none of which are her.
- 2012-01-09 13:39 ravenette
- I had a look around Goodacres yesterday, it's a small cul de sac with houses on either side, there is a field at the end that is fenced off and beyond that commercial greenhouses then more fields, the railway follows all these fields on the right. We will keep an eye out as we get out and about around the area quite a lot and will spread the word amongst other dog walkers etc x
- 2012-01-08 20:06 Nina
- We have quite a lot of farm shops and garden centres in this area they may be worth contacting.
- 2012-01-08 19:40 wensmum
- Thank you all - please just keep telling everyone you can -I have emailed the dog wardens, and posted out to petshops, but may well have missed some local ones, so I am really grateful for your local knowledge xx
- 2012-01-07 20:40 ravenette
- I live in Bognor Regis and have a dog walker friend that lives in Barnham. I will go to Goodacres tomorrow and have a look around and have a word with my friend. Is there anything further I can do to help? x
- 2012-01-07 17:39 Nina
- Trying to think logicaly of where to try. Littlehampton, Yapton, Arundel, Lancing,Felpham, Eastergate and Middleton are near by. There are many dog walkers in this area listed on business pages.
- 2012-01-07 17:04 wensmum
- Thank you very much - will get onto the rescues you mention, Nina. Jobadger has talked to pubs and hotels, for me, the vets already know, I'm covering petshops, groomers etc. The vet who rang gave me Arun dog warden, will ring them and W Sx on Monday. Thank you so much for all your help
- 2012-01-07 15:07 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have tweeted Rgas with #Barnham #BognerRegis as placenames.
- 2012-01-07 11:45 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks Nina, I'm sure that info will be useful to wensmum.
- 2012-01-07 11:31 janiejewel1649
- Fingers and paws xd that Rags will be caught soon.
- 2012-01-07 10:05 Nina
- I know the area very well. Barnham is in between the Arun Council and West Sussex Council I beleve different dog wardens in each area. There are a few rescue kennels ie. Climping Dog Rescue, Mount Noddy (RSPCA), Chichester Dog Rescue in the area. There are other kennels that might take in strays. Barnham is near Worthing and Chichester. I am a bit housebound but if I can offer any advice on site just ask.
- 2012-01-07 06:00 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Some information has just come to light, a phone call from a vets saying that one of their clients thought they saw Rags in Goodacres, Barnham, near Bognor Regis, running loose, wearing a bandana at the end of December.
Wensmum will be contacting the DW and as many local places as possible on Monday but please can anyone in the area keep a look out.
Posters have been sent to BN12,BN16,BN17,BN18,PO18,PO19,PO20,PO21,PO22
If you have received a poster and can help with putting some up in the area it would be really appreciated.
- 2011-12-30 19:41 wensmum
- Thank you Nina, I believe from Dudley they go to Stoke - who have Ragsie's poster, and she wasn't there yesterday, they were checking back, because that dog was found on 20th, but it appears not - of course the chip should show, but I'm getting increasingly disillusioned about how well they work.
- 2011-12-30 09:48 Nina
- On K9 Search UK found section there is feamlw sandy and white cross breed found on 20/12/11 in Dudley DY3 area, thought I would let you know...just in case.
- 2011-12-25 18:19 wensmum
- Thank you - it is great to know that so many people are aware of her. I am fostering a Welsh Sheepdog bitch who was going to be shot, trying to give her a good day with pressies - its weird to think that someone might be feeling the same about Rags - I hope they are, and that she is being kindly looked after til we find her
- 2011-12-25 11:54 labradorloopy
- I really feel for you today; as my three boys all open their Christmas presents, I can only imagine how you feel ( one adopted from Many Tears too!) I thought you might be heartened to know that my old dog trainer , from Bushey in Hertfordshire, recently e-mailed everyone about Rags. He had seen details in their local vets.I already knew from here and the Many Tears website.His poster is also up at my new vet's down here in Dorset. He is so well known, I feel sure you will get him back. Keep strong and positive.
- 2011-12-25 00:38 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Well done Caroline. Fantastic advertising. You so deserve to have your Ragsie home now safe and sound. God bless you and Rags - always. x
- 2011-12-24 21:51 jobadger
- I was reading on FB about Bruce Forsyth and scanning - http://www.vetsgetscanning.co.uk/html/about.htm
Something needs to be done - what's the point of micro-chipping if problems - details - aren't followed up.
- 2011-12-24 20:32 Jayne - Head Office
- Caroline just rang HQ ...Christmas is not Christmas with out your dog...Bumped due to the post below...Caroline after Christmas... has told me she wants to do something about the system of microchipping...and vets not scanning...which I explained to her its not that they dont want to act...its the the ammount of time involved with scanning the dogs then ringing up... and the data protection act....
That allows people who go to vets ..that do scan dogs...to be able to diverge owners details to so called owners (ie in possesion of the dog) But will not diverge details to owner who paid for the microchip in THEIR dog..of who has the dog....because of data protection act.
- 2011-12-24 19:05 wensmum
- Thank you Vics. She is now being advertised every 90 seconds on the dispaly screens at Frankley Services north and south. I'm sure if she had been stuck or killed we would have found her, and if she was stray, she would have come home on her chip, or if that was missed, she would have been seen on the rescue sites and we did email all the rescues and dog wardens in the country; so it seems most likely someone has her safe - just have to find out who...........but now nearly all the vets know too. Eventually there won't be anyone left who doesn't know about her.
- 2011-12-24 18:46 Vics
- Thinking of you and willing Rags back for Christmas, don't ever give up hope!! xx
- 2011-12-12 19:54 wensmum
- That is very kind Sharon, I'm watching for Scooby too. Pics and video of Rags on www.missingdogs.org - she looks different everytime she does anything! Have you talked to horse riders - they often see things others don't
- 2011-12-12 10:05 Sharongolfer
- Hi I lost Scooby in the B45 Barnt Green / Bromsgrove area. Rags posters are still up every where. Do you have a full length picture of Rags that i can have, i will look for him when I am looking for Scooby
- 2011-12-11 15:37 Neighbark
- Caroline am going thru' rescu list for Nottingham/Derby//chesterfield areas - can u send a Rags poster/info to:- firstname.lastname@example.org - they took your details. Not sure how to do this myself. thanks.
- 2011-12-10 15:18 jobadger
- Just to say - I've still got Raggsie's poster in my car - updated today. Stay safe rags - you will be found - I just hope it's sooner rather than later. xx
- 2011-12-10 11:37 Badger
- Just to say I was in my vets in North Lincolnshire yesterday where there is a poster displayed of Rags. I will keep my eyes open for Rags as I am out and about. So hoping your lovely girl is soon found.
- 2011-12-10 07:22 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Wensmum's letter is published in the current issue of Your Dog. Come home soon Rags!!!
- 2011-12-08 21:23 wensmum
- Thank you, but sadly, still missing. Doesn't get any different does it? Three months on, still dont understand what's happened, no idea where she might be, but it is great to know that there are so many people looking for her, such a small dog in such a big world. I hope she is safe and looked after - guess she must be, or she would have come home, Stay safe Rags til we find you
- 2011-12-08 17:59 janiejewel1649
- Just checking up on Rags. Fingers xd.
- 2011-12-08 09:24 wensmum
- A vet nurse at one of the practices we contacted rang to say she ha seen a dog like Rags travelling N bound on S bound hard shoulder of the M1 back in early October. Highways couldn't trace the call, but said there had been no dogs hit on the motorway there, then, and they scanned anyway. Neighbark is checking rescues in that area for me. We have now contacted 75% of the vets in the UK and its getting harder to trace the last ones, but we will get there
- 2011-12-07 22:05 wensmum
- Thank you Auntie Katie, please don't compromise yourself at work - I jacked my job because they spare when I went looking for Rag one afternoon (with permission) - they wanted 3 months notice of taking the afternoon off but only 1 week of me leaving!I understand about "policy". Thamk youm for helping
- 2011-12-07 21:56 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I so wish Raggsie would get home! Where are you precious? x
- 2011-12-05 20:54 Auntie Katie
- I spoke to Rags mum at work today, sometimes working for Dog Lost and a vets doesn't mix and we aren't allowed to open emails regarding missing dogs, this has always been university policy even before I got involved with DL, I will get a poster on the notice board though and keep everything thing crossed she is home soon.
Her mum is so dedicated and proactive she deserves to get this gorgeous little girl home. xxx
- 2011-12-03 07:46 jobadger
- Wherever you are Rags - Happy Gotcha day.I hope you're home soon gorgeous girl. xxx
- 2011-12-03 06:44 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Wensmum and friends have now contacted 55% of the vets in Great Britain with posters and description of Rags and they're working on the rest.
Rags proper birthday isn't known but it is seven years today that she came from Many Tears Rescue to live wth wensmum, so today is her 'offifical' birthday.
I hope you're safe and happy sweetie, wherever you are. Please come home soon XX
- 2011-11-23 22:54 wensmum
- Thanks so much for trying, sadly not her - has a long tail, Rags has 6" tail and Rags has no white round muzzle, and has correct bite. I think this dog will be up on poster tomorrow
- 2011-11-23 18:51 JD
- Also posted: Can give a better discription, a Benjy look alike teeth at front a little under shot, had a collar but I will not disclose the colour until we have the right owner.Quite long coated white aroungd the muzzle. Hubby took a photo but it may take a while to download that is if it works
- 2011-11-23 18:49 JD
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/nannalostfoundanimals/259246404124715/ - have contacted a gentleman who just posted : Got a real problem here so I am pleading for help This morning a female terrier sandy clour with white front turned up in my garden. Goodness knows how very freindly. Took her for a walk round the local area and asked a lot of people to no avail. It broke loose from the lead and was in danger of getting run over. Managed to get her back, rang all local vets and the police and the Dog Wardens. I could not keep her because of my cats. I have a feeling she is someones lost pet, she is obedient good natured and about 4 years of age she was also wearing a collar.I live in the East Avenue area. I have rang the dog wardens and they will be sending her to Winston Green. I did say I would keep her for a few days but its all red tape.ANYONE KNOW OF A MISSING TERRIER? I would hate to thinking of someone pining for this lovely dog 23rd Nov
- 2011-11-20 21:16 wensmum
- Friends had BBQ down there, but no joy. Have asked agility clubs between there and hone to keep watch and ring if they see her - in case she was thinking of her friends in agility, there was training at the back of the plant centre where this dog was seen.
Also emailing out posters to every vet in uk - if anyone has postered to a vet, if you could let me know, I'd be grateful, and will update our spreadsheet on Ragsie's http://www.missingdogs.org site. Thank you
- 2011-11-18 18:25 wensmum
- Last edited: 2011-11-18 18:26:43 by wensmum
- 2011-11-18 18:25 wensmum
- Thank you so much. Have put new pic on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/270218086341610/301442073219211/?notif_t=like
They are not really sharp enough for here, but give a better idea of her size.
Wilf at the garden centre put out food but it wasn't taken - and the dog hasn't been seen since, pity it is so far away. The lass who saw her should be watching the videos soon and reporting.
- 2011-11-18 13:01 nighthawk
- have just got back off holiday and received e mail x in GL52 near Cheltenham Road and will get posters out x stay strong and love to you all xxx
- 2011-11-16 18:52 jobadger
- Gosh..... I hope this is you Ragsie! xxx
- 2011-11-16 15:19 wensmum
- Thank you so much for all your help
- 2011-11-16 14:38 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster emailed to helpers in GL1,2,3,4,19,20,50,51,52,53.
- 2011-11-16 13:41 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Think it comes under GL51.
- 2011-11-16 13:20 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Possible sighting of Rags at The Plant Centre, on the M5 to Cheltenham Road - A4019. Seen by people agility training but was chased away by another dog. Just sorting out what the postcode for this is so that some alerts can go out.
- 2011-11-12 15:26 clurbur
- Rags now has a twitter account @HelpFindRags if you have an account please follow and retweet. Thanks.
- 2011-11-03 07:48 wensmum
- Thank you Jo, that is wonderful
- 2011-11-02 21:10 jobadger
- I've left some fliers (well - quite a few really) around my local Uni - it's reading week next week and many of the students will be going home to different areas - something may come of it hopefully. xxx
- 2011-11-02 14:10 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to see Rags is still missing. Will pray for her safe return. Come on Rags get yourself reunited soon.
- 2011-11-02 10:51 wensmum
- Thank you Sue.
Goatwhisperer - please, did you manage to get to talk the to guys that had this dog on a lead? The doglost folk have posterd, I've contacted all the vets in the area, dog warden, and rescues. Please let me know, here or on the facebook site. I miss her every minute of every day, and now the second of her two elderly friends is struggling - please let me know either way. Thank you
- 2011-11-02 09:39 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-11-01 17:46 wensmum
- Thank you Jo. Yes I'm sure someone has her - I just wish ALL vets scanned new patients, I think you'd get loads of these long term missing dogs home then.
Meanwhile her two elderley friends have had a very rough ride - cocker going off her head, living on DAP and rescue remedy, had to have an op 2 weeks ago, luckily managed to come through the anaesthetic. Last night 16 year old collie, fine at 8pm, semiconscious by 10 pm but definately mending now. They need her home as much as I do - I can't explain to them that everyone is doing their best to find her, and she will come home, it just might take a while. Thank you for your support.xx
- 2011-11-01 15:56 jobadger
- She's got to be somewhere - someone has her - we WILL find her eventually. Jo xxx
- 2011-10-30 19:16 wensmum
- Thank you Jo, I'd so much rather know its not her than keep wondering if it might have been but we can't find her again - like the dog in southampton every one tried so hard for, and has never been seen again. And that is good to know that word is spreading - the agility circuit all look out too - surely with all of us looking we must find her eventually. Thank you for you help.
- 2011-10-30 10:13 jobadger
- Hi Wensmum - I saw the lady with the Rags lookalike yesterday and I'm sorry but it's not her. There's no white on her dog anywhere and she's quite tall - higher than knee height. However, she keeps being asked is it Rags and she comes from Shrewsbury - so the word has definately spread. I keep a lookout for a lot of the dogs on here in this area - As I said its a very popular holiday place for dogs and my two go everywhere with me - it's an easy way to get up close and personal with visiting doggies. Jo xx
- 2011-10-30 07:21 wensmum
- Have had the sheepdogs barking all round Bartley, and she hasn't barked back - A woman with pure Wheaten keeps getting asked if that is her dog or the one off the poster - I think if she went out Bartley/Romsly/N'field/B'grove she'd be snatched back! We are covering RSPCA walks today - more eyes eveywhere.
Jo - I had the thought - if she was on beach at Abersoch, she would either be on lead or in the water. She is nutty about "white water" - breaking waves, etc - that's what she was chasing in the stream on the fells.
Thank you all, eveywhere, for keeping eyes wide for Ragsie - it is another thought that she may be clipped out if someone wants to disguise her
- 2011-10-29 22:45 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Me too - hoping she was in Bartley Green but have seen nothing so far. Liz xx
- 2011-10-29 22:25 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Praying for you & Ragsie, Caroline. xxx
- 2011-10-29 22:13 wensmum
- Thank you Sue, that is great. Jo, I know a couple of wheatens - we think she is half wheaten, she is knee high - if you can get pic of dog in Abersoch it would be great - is that near you? She was measured medium for agility, hence she no bigger than 17", i think 43 cms (only do old money) Thank you all for help and support - and looking everywhere. She could also be clipped out if someone is hoping to keep her, but it won't change the Rags inside - friendly, waggy waggy tail, ears back to say hello, sit up and beg. Miss her so. They even found another wheaten cross bitch at B'ham dogs home, still not her
- 2011-10-29 20:04 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Due to the possible sighting in Keighley over 220 posters sent out in the Bradford area
- 2011-10-29 12:26 jobadger
- Hi - yes - I've looked at the video. It's just that I've seen a dog a couple of times in Abersoch which is a holiday village in North Wales - but from your description re. size, this one is too big to be rags - more like a soft coated wheaten terrier. I'll carry on keeping a look out - everyone brings their dogs down here on holiday. Jo xx
- 2011-10-29 07:09 wensmum
- No, couldn't get her to stay still! There are the agility shots and video on http://www.missingdogs.org/ and http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D_n8yWTJF7xk&h=fAQEoF2QUAQEjcBe3cgwSG79lleh-qqbzpQplJ789nk6syg
Hope these help. I have competed in agility all over the country with her, and never seen another dog like her, she is very distictive. She stands about 16", 40 cms high at shoulder, has a short tail which sticks up like a Westies but not white on itIf you can get the video with music, it shows her sit-up-and-beg, which is very Rags. Ihad her off death row, and she came with it, have encouraged her to this and other tricks - she was going to audition for Annie
- 2011-10-28 21:44 jobadger
- Hi wensmum
I don't suppose you actually have a still photo of Rags - a side view, if possible? Just to give some idea of her overall build. Jo xx
- 2011-10-27 21:24 janiejewel1649
- Sorryh to see Rags is still missing. Fingers xd for her safe return
- 2011-10-27 20:14 Nina
- Please dont forget my earlier suggestion of getting a loud hailer and standing where you will get most attention and telling everyone 'My dog Rags is missing' It might just get the media attention that could be so important.
- 2011-10-27 19:14 Moogwaa
- I'm still keeping a look out for you, mainly in Birmingham on one site working at the moment, but have been keeping an eye out.
- 2011-10-27 17:09 jobadger
- To wensmum - I'm nowhere near you but check on Rags' page daily - I wish I could help practically - just wanted to give you a hug! I do hope you have some news soon. Jo xxx
- 2011-10-26 22:47 wensmum
- Anything is worth looking at, so thank you , whether or not it works. Please, would you mind looking at www.missingdogs.org, where there are full body shots and a video - if you still think its a chance I'll get onto everyone I can it that area. I know it was night, but Rags has no black, Boe has?, she is about 16" at shoulder - knee high if you haven't got very high knees, short, 6" tail, usually sticking up? If you still think it might be her, please would you let me know ASAP? Thank you so much for your help
- 2011-10-26 20:42 GOATWHISPERER
- this may be a shot in the dark BUT i live in keighley wyorks and as i know dogs can be stollen and then dumped when found to be of no use . i thought it was worth mensioning that - aprox 4 weeks ago i was woken by voices at 2am and put our outdoor light on to see what was happening outside as we have goats and our house backs on to fields and nobody should of been audable at that time of night so i thought somewon was interfiering with our goats i looked out and saw the local drunks who have two very well looked after staffies but are always up and down the local roads with a dog that looked very much like rags the reason it struck a cord was that our dog boe who is listed on dog lost as a found dog as we found him as a stray and listed him as found we kept him and now have 5 rescues if you wanted to look at his picture the postcode is bd214qf when i saw this dog with them i actually made sure boe was in the house i have never seen this dog with them since but it was slightly taller than boe , boe is much hairier than in the pic as he had a flea allergy when we found him , i think it would be worth phoning around this area fleet lane is our local dog warden and getting local admin to poster here sorry if this is a dead end but i,d feel awful if it turned out to be her and i hadn,t mentioned it .good luck
- 2011-10-18 19:41 wensmum
- Thank you for all your help. Neil went and checked the site out again, just to make sure, and they had the posters I had given them, there was no sign of Rags. No word from Central today, but there is probably other news.
Posy had her op, had chicken for tea, and is feeling much better, very sleepy. Will try and talk to evening mail tomorrow.
Went up Cromwell Lane 6am this morning - I so hope she is not the loose dog that was seen up there - nice guy said there have been no RTAs, but a dog doesn't stand a hope up there, and as Birmingham don't scan anyone killed on the road, I'd never know if she was. The dog walkers up there are still looking
- 2011-10-18 14:17 Jolie1dog
- Hello again .. Central tv is a great Idea + Evening Mail if possible!
yes ..As you turn into Woodrow Lane the field is on your right ....there a a few caravans and kennels running along a hedge and more vans in the distance together with more kennels ... it was the vans / kennels nearest to Woodrow where i saw the dog i thought looked like Rags ... but it does sound like you have cleared this up... i was the very white chest that caught my eye!
I will keep looking ... and hoping...I hope Posy gets well soon too :(
- 2011-10-17 18:41 wensmum
- Will try BRMB, trying Central tv just now. I will probably go back tomorrow - was it the van nearest Woodrow Lane where you saw this dog? We are still trying to check
stray in Cromwell Lane
Dog (1 of 3, the others 1 black 1 white) walked in Bartley Green Adams Hill area by tall 40ish bloke about 3.30 - 4 (but not since I heard!)
Catshill with a pensioner by the one stop shop
Hanbury Trun with a smartly dressed woman
So if you see anything resembling these, please shout! Sorry I didn't have mobile, was in the vets, very old cocker has to have op tomorrow, we were discussing options if she can't take the anaesthetic. She is already in bits, missing Rags. Thank you so much for all your help - you and everyone else.
As I said, please don't worry about reporting things you only think might be her - you have never met her, how can you be certain, and I would rather have lots of wrong ones than miss the right one. You are all so kind
- 2011-10-17 14:31 Jolie1dog
- Ok .. i will continue looking, as i have done since i heard about Rags going missing.
I have one of your posters in my rear car window, as does my Mom, I have also tweeted the poster on numerous occasions ..Any chance you can get BRMB to mention on the Radio as i think they might have a wider audience??
- 2011-10-17 11:45 wensmum
- Didn't mean to click the button then. I really appreciate your looking and posting - please don't worry about pointing out things that are only "maybes", anyone, I am just so grateful people are still looking
- 2011-10-17 11:44 wensmum
- Didn't mean to click the button then. I really appreciate your looking and posting - please don't worry about pointing out things that are only "maybes", anyone, I am just so grateful people are still looking
- 2011-10-17 11:42 wensmum
- Sorry, was at the vets with Posy. I hadn't seen your post, but did see the travellers, and went and talked to the caravan nearest A38 and Woodrow Lane - she has a lot of lurchers and 2 tiny dogs and an old cairn terrier, who looks a bit like Rags, but much smaller. She and her lads said they have not seen a dog like Rags.
- 2011-10-16 17:56 Jolie1dog
- Not sure if the mobile number on the poster can receive text??? But I sent a text today as follows just in case it doesn't accept text....
Hello .. I am so sorry to bother you and don't wish to add to the upset or
anxiety you must be feeling about Rags, But today when I was driving on the A38 Lydiate Ash .. Halesowen/ Bham Road (heading towards Bromsgrove) i turned into Woodrow Lane and noticed some new travellers have set up camp on the corner .. I dont wish to get your hopes up at all.. But I noticed they have approx 10 dogs and one was red with a very white chest .. now I cannot say it was Rags as i was driving and my view was limited. I don't wish to add to your plight .. But it might be worth investigating ..it's been on my mind!
Kind regards Tracey .. Fingers crossed and I really hope you find Rags very soon.
- 2011-10-15 15:30 wensmum
- Thank you very much. Miles's dad was going to look for me, I don't know if that is where he is looking. If not, I would be very happy to take you up on your kind offer. When she first went missing I went to see the travelers near us, and said she doesn't hunt, doesn't fight, is spayed, and there is reward for her - ie no use to anyone except me. They took posters to put up, and she wasn't there. But there are others.
I have also heard of somewhere else where dogs turn up having been sold out of carboots, but don't want to post the area closer than in Worcestershire. But if anyone recognises this and can give an address - all I have currently is a town - please ring - contact numbers above
- 2011-10-15 01:52 Neighbark
- Hi, u asked where travellers are. I know there r some just off the main road from Stourport towards Worcester, by the common. When I started looking for Rosie, border collie approx 5 wks ago, 2 came into Equimix horse feeds shop, THEY WALKED STRAIGHT OVER TO THE NOTICE BOARD!! where another missing/stolen dog from Hartlebury was posted, then walked out!!! They use a pub/cafe on the corner of the ind estate which leads to Wigleys & Equimix. I KNOW this lab turned up and that the police were involved in recovering it. The lab owner is known to the staff in Equimix!!! If u need someone to accompany you when u approach these people, I am willing to help.
- 2011-10-11 18:27 wensmum
- I found Honey today - she is a lovely pure bred wheaten terrier - well done the spotters, you were so nearly there, just not quite near enough.........
The good thing is that the owner is frequently accosted and asked if that is really her dog or if it is the one on the posters. I have undying admiration for people who do not know Rags or me, but will go up to a stranger and suggest that the dog on the lead might not be theirs, on Ragsie's behalf - there are some wonderful people in the world. Thank you
- 2011-10-09 16:36 wensmum
- Sorry Jenny, meant to say before, but got tied up with the little strayaid fellow, who does look so like her......
This lass was definately not Rags - no white - and has been re-united with her owners. Thank you all so much for all the trawling you are doing, and anything and everything is worth a go.
We still haven't seen the Romsley dog, hoping we will get a sight of that one in the next few days
- 2011-10-09 12:22 jenny4
- I know this is unlikely but its worth a go........
terrier female sandy r/c Castle Bromwich
« on: September 17, 2011, 06:02:04 pm »
FOUND in Castle Bromwich (date not known week commencing 12.09.11)
Terrier type, female, sandy colour, rough coated, microchipped but out of date
Contact K9 Search UK on 07988 433187 or email email@example.com
- 2011-10-05 17:13 wensmum
- Have postered all kids leaving school today. Sighting of dog was of a dog with a tag saying Honey followed by "owner". Got nearly home before I thought she might be called anything by now, couldn't get back to the person who told me, know where she lives, but she's not in, have left note asking her to contact me with more details. What an idiot - just felt so disappointed I wasn't thinking straight.
- 2011-10-05 16:31 jenny4
- Could someone put posters up outside the school mentioned?
- 2011-10-05 13:38 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to see no news on Rags. Fingers xd for her safe return. Hope it`s very soon.
- 2011-10-05 08:59 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Drive around the area regularly so will keep a look out. liz xxLast edited: 2011-10-05 09:00:12 by Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- 2011-10-04 21:04 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- A dog matching Rags description was seen outside St Kenelms School, Romsley about 10 days ago. Can anyone in the area please keep a look out for Rags or anyone walking her.
- 2011-09-28 11:42 sdodd308
- Awww wensmum so sorry the little one in Stray Aid isn't Rags, very very similar though. Fingers crossed Rags comes home soon xxx
- 2011-09-28 10:47 wensmum
- Nice email back from Sue at Stray-aid - theirs is definatley male, but well worth a try. No luck from ASDA at Southampton, though lots of very kind people are postering down there, and ASDA staff are being fantastic
- 2011-09-27 21:58 wensmum
- Thank you Sharon, have emailed pics of Rags - very similar, but I think not enough white though it is very hard to tell the way that dog is standing. Didn't know strayaid. Thank you all so much for looking everywhere for me
- 2011-09-27 21:58 wensmum
- Thank you Sharon, have emailed pics of Rags - very similar, but I think not enough white though it is very hard to tell the way that dog is standing. Didn't know strayaid. Thank you all so much for looking everywhere for me
- 2011-09-27 19:06 EdieBear
- I have uploaded this to my FB. I really hope your baby comes home safe soon xx
- 2011-09-27 12:37 sharon57blue
- There is a very similar dog to this on the strayaid site, listed as male, just wondered if someone could have made a typo? Too similar not to check!
- 2011-09-26 21:19 wensmum
- Can anyone get a photo or good description of this dog - I know chip details don't match - but identichip was moving at this time, and lost soem of Ragsie's details - it would only take 1 digit out......... I keep hearing about this dog, being kept by finder, who appears to be very cagey about letting anyone see her or releasing photos. Apparently she was in RTA and in need of X rays and treatment - I would really like to know one way or the other for definate.
- 2011-09-25 17:51 jenny4
- worth a try....no photo though........
terrier female sandy r/c Castle Bromwich
« on: September 17, 2011, 06:02:04 pm »
FOUND in Castle Bromwich (date not known week commencing 12.09.11)
Terrier type, female, sandy colour, rough coated, microchipped but out of date
Contact K9 Search UK on 07988 433187 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2011-09-25 15:20 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Posters to almost 200 helpers re-emailed and to additional areas:
WR2, WR3, WR4,WR7,WR9,HR6
- 2011-09-25 15:15 jenny4
- Maybe you can put more posters up in the area that she was seen with the 2 ladies..........it could be they genuenly thought Raggs was a stray.......good luck I do hope she gets home really soon
- 2011-09-25 14:53 Maldini
- Hi I really hope this sighting gives u the lead u need. My email is email@example.com . Facebook-Nicola bayston.would be really grateful for list of rescues if u have time x
- 2011-09-25 12:18 janiejewel1649
- Hope Rags is reunited soon. Yours too Maldini. Fingersxd
- 2011-09-25 12:06 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Sighting of a "dog like Rags" near Stoke Prior, Bomsgrove. This dog was on a lead with two ladies, but is not far from the only two still unexplained sightings, New road and St Godwalds Church
- 2011-09-23 19:29 wensmum
- Spent this morning at Services M5, lorry drivers brilliant, general public not quite so - ended up just saying if you see a stray dog, ring the dog warden.
Found out this afternoon that Identichip have changed company on 9/9/11 - they hadn't told me, didn't have my dogs details correct, and weren't entirely certain that had she been notified to them in the change over that she might not have got lost in the change - they just though it was very unlikely.
- 2011-09-22 23:17 Maldini
- Hi thanks for the message. We don't think any of the sightings actually them unfortunately! I really hope you find rags, let me know if we can help at all. Keep in touch x
- 2011-09-22 14:07 Maldini
- Hi wensmum, we r in a similar position to u. Our 2 patterdale terriers have been missing since 5th. We are from Yorkshire and there doesn't seem to be as much support, looks like u have a fantastic network helping u on this site. We are desperate to spread the word nationally, have u managed to do this and if so do u have any tips. I see there is mention of all the dl coordinators sending emails to local contacts. Has this been done for rags? If so who is the best person for me to spk to about doing the same for ours. I really hope u find him, I know how u must be feeling, it's awful not knowing where they are, nic x
- 2011-09-22 13:10 wensmum
- Thank you, this is a wonderful system, so much help. Have been in contact with some vets, pet shops etc as well.
- 2011-09-22 10:11 vivienneww
- i live in Totton and will be postering in the area today
- 2011-09-21 21:36 wensmum
- That's very kind Deb - the only bit of a dog the CCTV showed was white tail - as you can see, that's not Rags, but that might not be the dog you saw - I'm trying not to get my hopes up. But I am so grateful for what you are doing, and will facebook it in the hopes that someone on it lives in that area and can keep eyes peeled. Thank you so much
- 2011-09-21 20:50 Deb
- Hi wensmum ive looked at the pictures of rags on missing dogs and im sure it was rags i saw outside asda except the hair on the body looked longer.Ive put posters in asda the local pet shop and the vets i hope this is helpful and you get that important phonecall
- 2011-09-21 17:25 wensmum
- Thank you everybody. There are more pictures of her on www.missingdogs.org which show her whole body - if you think you might have seen her, please look at these - she is a very distincitive dog, we have played agility up and down the country, and I have never seen another anything like her.
- 2011-09-21 10:26 WDDC Dog Warden
- Email received yesterday regarding Rags, No information to report but will obviously let you know immediatley should that change. Wishing you lots of luck in your search, never give up xx
- 2011-09-21 10:26 WDDC Dog Warden
- Email received yesterday regarding Rags, No information to report but will obviously let you know immediatley should that change. Wishing you lots of luck in your search, never give up xx
- 2011-09-21 09:30 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in The Countryman's Weekly magazine today. I hope it brings some news.
- 2011-09-20 15:29 Nina
- Think about taking a megaphone(loud hailer) let everyone know you might even get some media coverage!
- 2011-09-20 14:22 wensmum
- We are planning to accost the folk using Frankley Services on Friday with little flyers and a banner
- 2011-09-20 12:17 wensmum
- ASDA could only see a tail on their CCTV - which was white, so not Rags. Doesn't mean it was the dog Deb saw, and they are happy to put up a poster, which she was kindly going to take in for me.
- 2011-09-20 09:15 muns
- xLast edited: 2011-09-20 09:19:28 by muns
- 2011-09-20 09:15 muns
- xLast edited: 2011-09-20 09:19:05 by muns
- 2011-09-20 09:15 muns
- her collar was blue with faded embroidery, display her postcode. One comment asks about her collar WEnsum and another from Angus below gives you a link to the Luton dog warden and she has a complete list of all dog wardens (Nationwide I think it means) thus you could send an e mail and poster to dog wardens all over the country xLast edited: 2011-09-20 09:18:37 by muns
- 2011-09-20 09:04 wensmum
- Please, I'm being thick - re muns posting - do you need me to send an e-mail to you?
- 2011-09-20 08:59 Roz
- Impressive response from Adsa, brill!!
- 2011-09-20 08:46 wensmum
- Thank you so much Deb, have phoned ASDA, who are looking at their CCTV and will ring back. They say it will take a long time
- 2011-09-19 22:45 Twinkles
- Deb - yes, this is possible. Can you contact the owner as soon as possible? Also, if you see this dog again could you take a photo of it and email it to the owner once you have made contact with them. Thank you.
- 2011-09-19 21:36 Deb
- Hi this is going to seem a strange question but what colour collar was she wearing?I went to my local Asda yesterday, i live near southampton in hampshire, and a dog looking like Rags was tied up outside could this be possible?
- 2011-09-19 18:41 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- The Luton Dog Warden has compiled a list of dog warden email addresses - it would be worth Rags owners emailing her Doglost poster out to all those listed on this link
- 2011-09-19 15:26 muns
- SUE PLEASE READ As Caroline is appealing to go National owing to lack of any sightings is it possible that all D/L coordinators can send out a group e mail to all their contacts in their own areas if say, Caroline or one of the team produced the e mail and sent it to D/L. Then each area rep simply puts their list of rescues, vets contacts etc on the e mail. This way we get comprehensive National cover.( Helen is sending Caroline al the East Angian contacts we have.)Last edited: 2011-09-19 15:27:38 by muns
- 2011-09-18 17:11 wensmum
- Thank you all for suggestions - I just put everything we had done, so you don't have to suggest that! - I live in a street village 18 houses, so they all looked in their outbuildings etc. but if she went in to Bartley Green it is much more of a problem. Not much in the way of drains about - there are a lot of big culverts in the woods, but we could see through them, and she wasn't there. I appreciate the "going National" thing - I still keep it as a possiblity that she may have been picked up in the lorry park at the service station
- 2011-09-18 15:15 muns
- Just put on Eastern Dogscene, Animal rehoming UK, Norfolk Pets 4 life, Pets 4 life uk ....all yahho groups, as owner wants to go National.
- 2011-09-18 14:27 dewilliams42
- I JUST NOTICED ON REUNITED THAT A DOG HAD JUST BEEN FOUND (ALIVE) DOWN A DRAIN. SO WORTH CHECKING ANY DRAINS.
- 2011-09-18 14:27 doglady
- This is all over Face book and also k9 search so the more people that know the better. and dewillams42 I think this is possible and not un known also get people to find out if neighbours in the area he went missing are away and the dog could be lock in.
- 2011-09-18 11:06 dewilliams42
- IS IT POSSIBLE SHE COULD BE TRAPPED SOMEWHERE-I READ OF A DOG , ON DOGLOST, WHO HAD BEEN TRAPPED UNDER A SHED. WHAT OF SEPTIC TANKS-ANY NEAR YOU? COULD SOMEONE HAVE BEEN RABBITING AND TAKEN HER? HOPE SHE IS HOME SOON X
- 2011-09-18 08:51 muns
- I have posted Rags details and links ro DL and FB on Poplar Farm Kennels rescue http://z10.invisionfree.com/PFK/index.php?showtopic=8063&st=0#entry1901933
As Caroline is appealing to go National owing to lack of any sitings is it possible that all D/L coordinators can send out a group e mail to all their contacts in their own areas if say, Caroline or one of the team produced the e mail and sent it to D/L. Then each area rep simply puts their list of rescues, vets contacts etc on the e mail. This way we get comprehensive National cover.
- 2011-09-17 23:48 Roz
- Wensmum, that's a very comprehensive and accurate description of the circumstances, and the area, and the actions already taken. It seems that you have tabs on everything, no one could have done more in such a short space of time, you and your wonderful team have been amazingly resourceful.
If wishing could bring Rags home, you can be reassured that there is enough wishing going on between us all to bring home EVERY lost dog!!
Hugs to you and Cai and the others and Rags too of course, wherever she may be.
Any call could be 'the one' but perhaps it may take a while.
Stay strong and keep positive. Roz xx
Edited cos I can't spell!!Last edited: 2011-09-17 23:51:14 by Roz
- 2011-09-17 22:51 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- I live 5 mins down the road from where she went missing and have not seen her at all. I too am very confused as to what might have happened to her, as first I did think she may have been stolen but now do not think so, but I feel that 2 weeks is not long and we must still have hope that she will be found. I have seen posters around and it just takes that one phone call that leads us to her. Liz xx
- 2011-09-17 21:26 wensmum
- I have 6 - well now 5 - dogs of various ages, being retired shepherd. Rags and Cai used to play tig round the hedge between 2 fields, but sometimes Rags would go into the wood doing terrier things - not a collie thing, so Cai wouldn't. Which is what happened on 2/9. Every other time this has happened, Rags has come back with 20 minutes when I have shouted her. It is highly unlikely that she was stolen - I don't have a very fixed routine, it was 6.45 am, the road is not one on which you can stop easily, being narrow, and quite a long way from where we were. The woods are over grown. They were covered with thermal imaging camera the night she went missing, and searched the next day in case she had had a heart attack etc. There are no railways within miles - Railtrack are aware, and have rung me to say she has not been killed, and that their staff are keeping an eye in case they see her near any of the stations. Most of the local highways places and the moterway highways dept say they have not picked her up. the one exception being Birmingham, where the lady?? on the phone said why worry about dogs or cats they just chuck 'em. But a friend has been to the depot, where the guys now have posters of her, and say they have found nothing like her, they have a poster in every waggon. There are no canals or rivers near. All fox holes have been checked with snake camera, and she is big and not that sort of dog. I have walked the fields and woods at night with the 2 dogs who bark on command, as I think she might bark back to them. Nothing. I have tried to think of everything that might have happened, and can't come up with anything that makes a lot of sense. The shooting guys were asked by a friend who is in that crowd and said they haven't shot her, and they have no traps out. She has been brought up with sheep and doesn't chase stock, no one round here puts down pheasant. I think we have put up over 1000 posters across West Midlands and Worcs, contacted every rescue centre I can find, local vets and dogwalkers,ramblers, riders, cyclists and runners, posties, dairies and am running out of ideas. Joanne Malin had 3/4 hour about her on WM yesterday, and there still weren't any calls. I am desperate - Cai is very unhappy, and Rags used to do agility with the youngsters in our agility club - the youngest is 4 - we all miss her so much
- 2011-09-17 20:30 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I have just been reading how Rags disappeared. Am just wondering, what could have happened for only one dog to come back. You've probably been through all this, but what was the reaction of your other dog? Did he look worried, sad, curious, confused as to where the other dog was? Or was he happy because he didn't see anything happen? Secondly, what could have stopped Rags coming back? Is it possible someone nabbed her? Were there any vehicles close to the field? Any roads? People around or no one? Are there any railway lines near? If so, you need to check that. Poster the stations heavily and call Network Rail. They won't always know, as not all dogs are reported, but worth checking. Any canals/rivers? Any deer? Sometimes deer kick and can knock a dog out. Any rabbit/fox holes? There has to be a reason she didn't come back, just need to find out what reason was. If someone has her, we need to make her too hot to handle with millions of posters. But do check for any kind of danger in that area that could have stopped her coming back to you. I know you probably have, but sometimes we need to start again at the beginning. Good luck. I love this beautiful dog! Let'd get you home Rags! x Last edited: 2011-09-17 20:35:01 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2011-09-17 13:09 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- The dog at the Hilton Hotel is sadly not Rags
- 2011-09-17 12:11 Jayne - Head Office
- 2011-09-17 09:33 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Also emailed owner in case she can pick up msgs on her phone.
- 2011-09-17 09:00 Jayne - Head Office
- Report from the Hilton Hotel that they think they have Rags running around their grounds this morning...message left for owner on her answerphone.
- 2011-09-16 08:13 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- So kind of you to make sure the GSD girlie is safe.
Rags advert in the magazine should be published next week.
- 2011-09-15 21:19 wensmum
- Had a call late last night 10pm - goldish bitch with collar of some sort. Turned out to be a GSD with mange - she has gone to Hollytrees, we think Ray has been trying to catch her for 6 weeks, but she was good as gold here except she wanted to eat my old cocker spaniel. Had to steam clean the armchair she slept in!I hope someone was looking for her and is now at peace having their dog home - she had nice manners, and has obviously been a loved dog.
- 2011-09-13 14:26 wensmum
- Thank you Raz, and everyone, for helping. Sadly, someone misread "lost" for "found", so it wasn't her. Nor was the dog we've been trying to sight near Hanbury, which , owing to a misunderstanding, had Ray Deddicoat chasing over there trying to catch it - so kind of him, I fell bad, the sightings were Sat night/Sun morning
- 2011-09-13 13:26 SuzeeBee
- Please let this be the lovely Rags. Keeping everything crossed for good news. Stay safe Rags xx
- 2011-09-13 12:15 Jayne - Head Office
- Call to hq from a lady who says her daughter saw a found dog poster that sounds similar to rags when her mother explained there was a dog missing in the area. Poster is at Wasleys Hill Country Park.
- 2011-09-12 14:18 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Still hoping for good news on Rags. Liz xx
- 2011-09-11 20:53 Roz
- Thank you to everyone I accosted today on Stafford services whilst I was waiting to meet a dog coming into rescue (sadly she didn't come).
I made good use of the time by showing posters of Rags (and Rosie) to lots of lovely people, and asking them to keep a look out & spread the word.
- 2011-09-10 20:17 wensmum
- Well, it wasn't her, its a JRT who is allowed out by himself to play.
There has been another reprt just now that she was seen in Bromsgove on Tuesday
- 2011-09-09 21:06 wensmum
- Possible sighting at Frankley High School (which was the first place I postered) If and if and if it looks like - I hardly dare write this - she' moving towards home. We are searching the fields and dog walking areas between here and Frankley tomorrow. I can hardly bear this, in case it isn't her.
Let's be realistic, Sue, please, and e-mail out to every area you can think of.
- 2011-09-09 19:00 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Also, can you check the postcodes below and if you need any emailing out to additional area just let us know.
- 2011-09-09 18:56 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I hope she's still in the area wensmum.
- 2011-09-09 16:13 wensmum
- Possible sighting at the top of Rubery, Leach Green Lane Tuesday night. Why oh why leave it 3 days before you tell anyone
- 2011-09-07 13:01 wensmum
- A gentleman (Daniel) from Network Rail rang to assure me she has not been found on the railway. He has informed the staff, and asked them to get hold of me if they see her anyway. What a kind guy
- 2011-09-07 10:24 wensmum
- I have spoken to Petlog, who very sympathetic, but because she is with Identichip, can't tell their agents. She did explain that when a dog is scanned, all the chip companies know, which place a dog is registered with if you follow, so nobody will get lost between systems.
I am currently waiting for a call back from wm - this is the fourth time I have rung them, and hopefully have now got the right programme to do this sort of thing (Molly Green, should any other poor soul need it)
- 2011-09-07 07:39 wensmum
- Thank you all - so much support. I told identichip, but not petlog. Facebook contact told me how much more petlog do, and gave contact no lastnight so will get on to them as soon as office hours
- 2011-09-06 21:30 Twinkles
- Wensmum - hang in there, you're doing a great job. Have you phoned Petlog - we paid £15 to have all the kennels, homes etc emailed to notify of Caps' disappearance. Our first lead came from a poster we had displayed in a pub, which took us into a new area and in the right direction. Stay strong.
- 2011-09-06 21:03 jobadger
- Come on gorgeous girl - let's know where you are. The guys at home really need you back soon. Wensmum - stay positive - it just needs one phone call from one person who makes the connection from the posters and the articles. All paws and fingers crossed here. Jo xx
- 2011-09-06 18:00 wensmum
- Ele & Steve sent out press releases to local papers - this is the first one "in print" - lets hope the others carry it too. Have put lost ads in local papers too, and e-mailed something to Midlands Today, but don't know if they will run with it. Ele's timing could not have been better. She is such a dear soul - if some one has her, will I ever get her back? At least she would be safe, but we would never know that
- 2011-09-06 16:03 SuzeeBee
Link to newspaper article. I hope it brings some positive news on dear Rags - such a sweet face. Stay safe Rags. x
- 2011-09-06 15:56 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Just seen on FB that there is an article about Rags in todays Bromsgrove Standard paper - keeping my fingers crossed for good news :)
- 2011-09-06 09:51 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to see that Rags is missing. Hope she is soon found and reunited. Fingersxd
- 2011-09-06 08:09 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- I did wonder about handing out flyers to people in the area (isn't New Road the one with the shops in) it may make people more aware. Plus she may hang around the shops for food, we really need more sightings of her in that area - hopefully she won't move on Liz xxLast edited: 2011-09-06 08:32:10 by Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- 2011-09-05 23:15 jaspersmum
- Hi Caroline, I work with Natalie, I've circulated on my Facebook page and also via the Ringcraft group in Bromsgrove. Do the Agility groups in Bromsgrove have a website that would circulate too?
- 2011-09-05 23:05 wensmum
- There has been a possible sighting of Rags in the New Road area of Bromsgrove. Unfortunately the lady who saw what sounds like her, saw her on Saturday night, 8.30, and didn't see posters til this evening. I have been over there, but she is no longer in the imediate area as far as I can tell. Going back in the daylight. Facebook has produced loads of folk postering in the area, and it is 36 hours later than I last saw her, so that is all positive. Up to this am there were no dead dogs on Bromsgrove Roads. There are ads in Halesowen and Birmingham newspapers - I'd better get them out in the Bromsgrove ones too
- 2011-09-05 20:25 Nina
- This maybe a crazy suggestion but what I would do if ever I lost my dogs is to buy a megaphone and stand in the busiest place I could think of and let everyone know that I had lost my dog. I would hand out missing posters as well and hope that it would get some media attention. I would ask friends and family to stand with me.
- 2011-09-05 18:59 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Hoping to hear news on Rags soon. liz xx
- 2011-09-05 13:09 Roz
- Just wondering Caroline (altho I'm sure it's already in hand) if you've got the numbers for all the local pounds so you can check them all each day.
Sorry if this is a duplicated suggestion.Last edited: 2011-09-05 13:27:33 by Roz
- 2011-09-05 09:07 wensmum
- Thanks Nina, I'll get onto Colin straight away
- 2011-09-05 08:30 Nina
- Would this be of any help. Truck drivers I beleive have their own magazine. I have looked up and found Roadtrasport.com. Editor Colin Barnett on firstname.lastname@example.org 02089122141 they may also have other avenues of contacting truck drivers
- 2011-09-04 17:26 wensmum
- No signs yet. If anyone reading this has time, posters in your local pet shop and any motorway service station would be great - we have now searched as well as possible all woods between Romsley and Northfield, down to Halesowen. I hope and pray she has been picked up and is being looked after. Thank you all so much for your help.
Thank you Carol for doing PP. I'm trying to get her on agilitynet, but Ellen is away just now. Can you get on the forum? Just another line...........
- 2011-09-04 17:20 Louise Downing
- Hi Caroline - I will hand out posters to everyone at my dog club this week if she hasn't already returned home to you. Keeping everything crossed. Louise xx
- 2011-09-04 09:32 Roz
- Thanks Carol, let's hope all the posters work their magic.
- 2011-09-03 21:36 Fizzyorange
- Will take a poster to Prestbury Park Agility show on Sunday. (Roz's suggestion) Hope it helps.
Come on Rags. Show yourself...
- 2011-09-03 19:42 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Sorry, I didn't make it today but you are doing a great job, I have seen the posters about and will keep my eyes open when driving around the area or walking my puppy. Please check the dog's home every day and try and go there if you can, as the people on reception don't always know what has come in!! p.s. didn't know you knew Sue Stonebridge - she was my puppy co-ordinator for Dogs for the Disabled. Good luck - speak soon. Liz xx
- 2011-09-03 18:49 wensmum
- That would be at Frankley Services, southbound.
- 2011-09-03 18:48 wensmum
- Thanks so much to all who helped today - and are still helping. We have been in the woods just down from Romsley this afternoon, no sign, but now many people know she is missing, and we have had wonderful support from local shops, pubs, newsagents etc displaying posters, as well as sticking them on everything.
Yes, thank you, a team did go down to the resevoir, put a poster up in the club house, and spoke to the security guy.
I did wonder if she might have befriended a truck driver, and been picked up by a kind heart to keep her safe - if anyone has truck driver face book type contacts would it be possible to ask if this is what happened, and say she is not really stray, just misplaced, and so much missed?
- 2011-09-03 17:12 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks to everyone who helped in the search today. Hoping that the posters work and someone comes forward.
- 2011-09-03 17:08 Roz
- Just a thought whilst looking at Google satellite thingy.
I don't know if anyone went up and walked the area round the reservoirs, as it's not as close as it looks on the map....there's a hill in between. If I can go again tomorrow I will do this, or perhaps it's already been covered hopefully.
- 2011-09-03 16:46 Roz
- Wonderful turnout of folk this morning,heartwarming to see such support. Immediate area thoroughly searched as far as possible.
Lots of posters seen up on my way home, so we just need someone to spot her and see the posters too and make the call.
Come on Rags, time to show yourself now. Give us some clues. xx
- 2011-09-03 13:04 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks for your help Roz and good luck to everyone with the search.
- 2011-09-03 09:19 wensmum
- Mobile contacts if anyone sees Rags - Lorraine - 07772807891, Mandy Melville 07702253120, Darren 07595587597. Thanks for all the help
- 2011-09-03 09:03 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster e mailed to helpers in B31,32,45,60,61.
- 2011-09-03 08:24 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put Rags on twitter + will circulate.
- 2011-09-03 08:09 Roz
- Hi Caroline, spoke to you and lovely Rags a couple of years ago at Top Barn.
Will be up a bit later to help search. Lots of people are routing for you to find Rags, and you're already working so hard.
Is there a mobile number you can put up?
See you later, Roz x
- 2011-09-03 05:44 wensmum
- Thank youfor helping me find out where Rags is. I took my collies out in the night - they bark on command, but no reply. A friend went through as much as he could with infra red camera, and didn't see anything - she may have gone into Bartley Green. We are combing the wood this morning, and doing posters. I so appreciate all the help. Cai, my Welsh Sheepdog, is beside herself. Me too. Caroline
- 2011-09-02 22:23 Roz
- Hi Liz, am emailing you.x
- 2011-09-02 21:34 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Details updated and advice emailed to owner. Posters will be emailed out to helpers asap.
Rags details put on Dog Lost Facebook pages Central and West Midlands and will ask for them to go out on Twitter. Will also advertise her asap
- 2011-09-02 20:19 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, dog is chipped and wearing a fabric collar with faded phone number on but no tag, owner was walking dog around the edge of field when she called and only one dog came back. Went out tonight but it was getting quite dark, so will try tomorrow. She has been missinf since 7.00am. Liz xx
- 2011-09-02 19:14 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- I have googled this area but cannot find it. I am not far from Halesowen, so could go and have a look but need to know where this are is. liz xx
- 2011-09-02 18:46 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Photo now on and will speak to owner shortly to update details.
- 2011-09-02 18:10 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Will contact owner
- 2011-09-02 16:14
- Sorry to see that RAGS MAY BE IN YOUR AREA is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.