Stolen: Tri Colour Jack Russell Terrier Female
- Dog ID 110095
- Status Stolen
- Registered 13 Jan 2017
- Name NIMBUS
- Gender & Breed Female Jack Russell Terrier
- Age Adult
- Colour Tri Colour
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed Unknown
- Investigating Force Metropolitan Police Service
- Crime Reference No. 6502263/17
- Date Lost 09 Jan 2017
- Where Lost Soho Park Gardens Soho Square
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area W1
- Date Reunited
- Other Info REWARD OFFERED FOR SAFE RETURN
- Listed By Doglover
- Views 22749
- Please login to view & print a poster
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2017-03-28 13:04 Mary
- Very early on in the search for Nimbus it came to light that a homeless male had a similar dog from a post at 2017-01-15 16:21 from Breakfast in a bag :-
Michelle here from Breakfast in a bag/off the streets London! If I can be of ANY help please shout.Please be aware there is a similar coloured/same breed dog that is on the streets with his dad that I can vouch/verify as the man's own.
- 2017-03-28 12:01 Shelagh - Area Volunteer, East London
- Have emailed cj info on who I believe this person to be and name of dog concerned......
- 2017-03-28 11:39 Diane
- It is now believed the homeless person was male and the dog was seen about 8pm each time. Never in the morning
- 2017-03-28 10:56 Diane
- The person who gave the information has asked for her name to be removed.
- 2017-03-28 10:02 Doglover
- Just to make everyone aware that Nimbus sister Rain is the spit of Nimbus and people have sent photos to me thinking it was Nimbus, but it was Rain...somplease be careful... and PLEASE DO NOT approach and scare anyone away...just take a photo if possible x
- 2017-03-28 09:28 Doglover
- I M really hoping that something comes from the information received. X
- 2017-03-28 08:08 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Thanks ladies...had to edit your comments...we did receive this info sent to admin...and has been forwarded to CJ our polise liason officer and was decided to leave off site as may alert the person with the dog....Lottie if you do see can you take a photo please so we can establish if it could be Nibus...then send to admin so our police co-ordinator can action, thank you.
- 2017-03-28 01:23 Lottie @ Muddy Paws of Finchley
- I am not too far away from ********* so could take a look for Nimbus as sightings below state. Do we know what times the dog that looks like nimbus has been sighted there?
- 2017-03-27 22:07 Diane
- I have had a message via Facebook stating that a dog who looked like Nimbus was with a homeless female, and was seen every evening at the **********, London. The information was received to ONESTOPALLDOGS Facebook messenging.Last edited: 2017-03-28 10:54:37 by Diane
- 2017-03-18 09:07 Doglover
- Thank you Caroline M....Telephoned but 112676 is a JRT cross so unfortunately not Nimbus. x
- 2017-03-17 23:52 Caroline M
- Dog ID 112676 ???
- 2017-03-13 14:53 Doglover
- Thank you Lisa P....I did send an email with CRN months ago and thought it was on then it disappeared....but looks like CJ has picked it up now and added. Thank you x
- 2017-03-13 08:33 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Only Police coordinator has access to police section Doglover, if you email her at email@example.com with the page ID she will update for you x
- 2017-03-13 08:16 Doglover
- Unable to add even though I listed.....CRN:6502263/17
- 2017-03-13 00:03 Doglover
- Me n my girl and Alison.......Thank you. Xxx
- 2017-03-12 22:41 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Extra alerts sent to postcodes L32,WA9,WA10
- 2017-03-12 21:50 Me n my girl - Administrative Volunteer
- ADMIN CAN ALERTS be sent to Kirby postcode L32 and St Helens WA9 and WA10. Please see Doglover post below.
- 2017-03-12 20:53 Doglover
- We have received information that leads us to believe that Nimbus is in Liverpool...either in Kirby or St Helens....the people that took her have now called her ....Biscuit.......If you know ANYone in these areas....please share. Thank you.
- 2017-03-11 14:46 Doglover
- Mary...unfortunately nothing....x
- 2017-03-11 08:59 Mary
- Doglover Did anything come of the possible sighting on 9th March posted on Facebook?
- 2017-03-10 19:50 Doglover
- Lesley Brown thank you for the phone call and Ronmaxtye thank you for explaining the difference in the coat xxx
- 2017-03-10 16:14 Ronmaxtye F1 - Area Volunteer, Essex
- no nimbus has more black on the body, nimbus is a flat coat and the other one is a wire hairedLast edited: 2017-03-10 17:23:11 by Ronmaxtye F1 - Area Volunteer, Essex
- 2017-03-10 15:03 Lesley Brown
- Omg, just seen this! Is it Nimbus??
- 2017-03-08 09:52 Doglover
- No news I am still looking on Dogs Trust....Battersea...SDK and RSPCA sites for Nimbus.....nothing and also no sightings at all....Did have two phone calls from people who thought they had seen Nimbus but unfortunately it was not her.
- 2017-03-02 22:27 Missing Dogs UK
- still sharing on fbook and twitter
- 2017-02-27 08:29 Doglover
- Mary....I phoned 111948 and sent a photo..Not Nimbus I am afraid. xx
- 2017-02-27 08:13 Mary
- There is currently no photo but could found 111948 be checked, just in case.
- 2017-02-23 10:00 Missing Dogs UK
- Your'e welcome, shared again. Really hope nimbus is found x
- 2017-02-17 09:38 Doglover
- Nimbus is not forgotten...work is still going on to track her down. xxx
- 2017-02-12 14:58 Doglover
- Thank you Missing Dogs UK x
- 2017-02-12 12:33 Missing Dogs UK
- sharing still :(
- 2017-02-12 12:03 Doglover
- Still missing....please keep sharing. Thank you x
- 2017-02-07 14:00 Coco
- Reshared x about to notify of found very similar, but wrong gender !! (111091).
- 2017-02-04 09:36 Doglover
- Thunderclap reached 1,329,000 people....thank you so much and Yes Coco, chips are being cut out as you just quoted re Isla. Please keep sharing....Owner is distraught.
- 2017-02-04 08:27 Coco
- Reshared xx The lady has so much to deal with....she needs her dog safe xx ( unfortunately NickyB....thieves have been known to cut chips out Isla the stolen spaniel had chip cut out !)
- 2017-01-30 18:40 Doglover
- Link to newspaper article.
- 2017-01-28 18:42 nedk
- I do hope this works fingers and paws crossed big timex
- 2017-01-28 08:58 Doglover
- ADMIN.....ID YOU CAN MAKE SUBSTANTIAL REWARD FOR SAFE RETURN OF NIMBUS BIGGER ON THE POSTER I WOULD APPRECIATE IT...THANK YOU
- 2017-01-28 08:57 Doglover
- SUBSTANTIAL REWARD FOR SAFE RETURN OF NIMBUS
- 2017-01-27 15:08 NickyB
- it says unknown to microchip and id tag - i do hope she has been chipped and details up to date. i wish she had a collar with id tag - but i realise thieves will remove collar. microchip is invisible but permanent. do hope there is ahappy ending very soon
- 2017-01-27 12:19 Doglover
- Thunderclap nearly reaching one million... Fantastic...thank you everyone xx
- 2017-01-26 22:51 Doglover
- Neck I can confirm that every single homeless person in the West End of London is aware that this dog has been stolen and they are like a little community, somwould not keep....as for other parts of the Country I cannot say. Xx
- 2017-01-26 22:31 nedk
- So want this dog to be found has anyone offered a reward sometimes that may get someone to come forward. It maybe that someone in the homeless community has her but doesnt realise she lost . so hoping for good news x
- 2017-01-26 18:26 animal lover
- Ronmaxtyr F1 what a wonderful gesture.... This story is really pulling at the heartstrings. Nimbus's owner needs Nimbus home, please do the right thing and let her go home to her rightful owner whoever has her.
- 2017-01-26 16:37 Doglover
- Ronmaxtye F1 ....,Thank you so much xx
- 2017-01-26 14:37 Ronmaxtye F1 - Area Volunteer, Essex
- if anybody who has Nimbus or knows his where abouts reads this, i will be happy to drive anywhere in Greater London or outside to collect him with no questions asked or details taken, just me and the dog to see you so come on and do the right thing and make everybody happy, you will be found, sooner or later, so end it now and walk away
- 2017-01-26 13:37 Rachel222
- That statement by Nimbus owner has made me cry.... stay strong, we will find Nimbus. xx
- 2017-01-26 09:22 Meru
- Shared in Wigan, Lancs - hope you are reunited with Nimbus very, very soon xxxx
- 2017-01-26 07:45 janiejewel1649
- Doglover. Good idea. Will doLast edited: 2017-01-26 10:25:16 by janiejewel1649
- 2017-01-26 01:03 Doglover
- Thank you everyone for your kind words and support, I have passed these on to owner..
This is just a thought, but if we all just print one poster and ask our local Vet to display it in their waiting room, this might help us to achieve more coverage of Nimbus, as she could be anywhere in the country. thank you x
- 2017-01-25 23:43 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Shared in Liverpool. Rooting for her to be REUNITED with her owner soon. xxx
- 2017-01-25 22:24 Coco
- Just read the heartbreaking statements by the owner. x Whatever you do, you must stay strong and always live in the land of hope.xx After all you and Nimbus have gone through together you must never think you have let her down....she will feel the love for her . If the person /people who have taken this ladys little companion then hand her in to the nearest rescue/police/shelter. Everyone knows who Nimbus belongs to....and its not you. You are thieves. Make this ladys life , and show Nimbus the way home . Shared UK ( as she could be further afield now )
- 2017-01-25 21:45 Doglover
- Jayne.....thank you so much for bumping the page for Nimbus and her owner. Xxx
- 2017-01-25 21:44 Shelagh - Area Volunteer, East London
- Reshared fbook public.
- 2017-01-25 21:39 Doglover
- Thank you all for your comments I will pass them on to Owner when she next phones me...her internet use is limited but she occasionally comments on Nimbus page ...which is..if you do not know...Help Find Nimbus- Stolen Soho Square.
- 2017-01-25 21:14 Juls
- Bless this owner , please someone out there knows where nimbus is please bring her back to her mum . X x x feel for you bless you take care and hope you are both back together soon x
- 2017-01-25 20:54 Jane
- Shared Twittered
- 2017-01-25 20:45 onestopalldogs
- Re Shared ONESTOPALLDOGS & Twitter
- 2017-01-25 20:41 janiejewel1649
- PLEASE< PLEASE IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE NIMBUS MAY BE THEN CONTACT THE ABOVE NUMBER OR IF YOU PREFER, CONTACT DOGLOST IN CONFIDENCE. NIMBUS IS THE OWNERS WORLD, AND LIFE. PLEASE FIND IT IN YOUR HEART TO RETURN HER IF YOU ARE THE PERSON WHO HAS HER. YOU WILL MEND A BROKEN HEART. AND NIMBUS NEEDS TO BACK WITH HER LOVING OWNER WHOM SHE OBVIOUSLY ADORESLast edited: 2017-01-25 20:47:09 by janiejewel1649
- 2017-01-25 20:37 nedk
- I feel.for this owner so wish it can be a happy ending surely it must be somewhere praying for this one dont give up hopexx
- 2017-01-25 20:32 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- TX you ladies!
- 2017-01-25 20:28 janiejewel1649
- Have just read message from owner. It is extremely heartbreaking to read. You said you have let her down; you haven`t let her down Let us be positive, and try, and get your baby back to you A candle is burning for you as I type this Paws, and fingers xd,
We must keep making her "TOO HOT TO HANDLE"
- 2017-01-25 20:21 cockerspaniellover
- This is heartbreaking, this owner is broken and is the perfect example of what a genuine dog owner should be 100% devoted. Whoever has her or knows of her whereabouts for goodness sake do the right thing and hand her in. This is cruel and you have not only scared the dog by taking it away from its familiarities and the owner who he loves but you are destroying this owner and it's cruel. Someone somewhere must know something. We will all continue to share far and wide and search all the time until these two are reunited. Come
On everyone keep Nimbus out there and known to everyone xxxxx 💔💔💔💔
- 2017-01-25 20:07 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- bumped...hope it helps.
- 2017-01-25 14:05 D999
- Shared again on Twitter 🙏🏻
- 2017-01-25 01:13 Doglover
- MESSAGE FROM OWNER...HEARTBREAKING.
Let me introduce myself, I am Nimbus,s owner and I would like to thank, each and every one of you for what you have been doing to help reunite me with my baby. I will be forever in your debt.
When she was 5 weeks old, I saved her life and we have never been parted in the three years since then, until,that fateful day when she was stolen from me.
The reason I am homeless is because I was constantly being told..."No Pets Allowed" and there was no way I could, or would, be without my baby. People said...Get rid of her...you will never be housed with her..but I replied Nimbus stays with me and where I go, she will come.
Nimby, as I lovingly call her saved my life in more ways than one, I,love her unconditionally and she returns that love to me, you could say we were made for each other and are soulmates.
It is hard to explain, but she knew what I was thinking and feeling and never left my side, other than when she chased around the park.
The last couple of weeks have been hell for me and I dread to think what they have been like for my Nimby. I love her so much that I feel I have let her down. Every time I close my eyes I see her in my mind looking for me, then reality kicks in and I wonder, is my baby alright, are they looking after her, is she eating, is she cold, are they treating her with love? And what about her special food.
My heart is breaking, I cannot sleep, I cannot eat and I do not know how I am going to carry on without her. To be honest, if it was not for all you wonderful people out there giving me support and knowing that Nimby needs me, I would not want to carry on with my life.
So, I am now begging with every inch of my being to who ever has her...PLEASE..PLEASE..bring her back to me. No questions asked...I promise..
If you know anything..please make contact....Give me back my baby...I cannot go on without her.
I will sign off now....please help me to bring her home safely. Xxx
- 2017-01-22 18:17 Doglover
- Thank you Find Missing Dogs Uk. X
- 2017-01-22 16:24 Missing Dogs UK
- shared on my pages https://twitter.com/FINDMISSINGDOGS
Really hope you get her back soon
- 2017-01-22 09:34 Doglover
- Telephoned Dogs Trust Harefield, but the JRT they have just listed was not Nimbus. xx
- 2017-01-21 23:05 Captain
- Nimbus now has a Thunderclap:
Please support and share to help find her
- 2017-01-21 15:43 Doglover
- Thank you D999
- 2017-01-21 13:28 D999
- Shared again on Twitter
- 2017-01-20 00:39 Doglover
- I have telephoned every rescue centre and dog warden in Liverpool and also emailed each one with photos. I have emailed RSPCA South East London along with photos. I have shared on so many sites all over the Country...hoping that someone will recognise Nimbus if she has been moved out of London as suspected.
- 2017-01-19 21:01 Nik - PR Advisor
- Sometimes no news in good news. Lines of enquiry are being pursued.
- 2017-01-18 19:43 Doglover
- Owner still in touch when she can due to charging her phone...Nimbus is still missing so please keep sharing...thank you.
- 2017-01-18 12:50 Jane
- Shared Tweeted again...
- 2017-01-17 15:17 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- Shared to groups again. Hoping for good news from Michelle soon.
- 2017-01-17 14:07 nicolapicola
- 2017-01-17 13:21 charlie and sooty
- 2017-01-17 13:10 Nik - PR Advisor
- Can I remind everyone that this is a DogLost page and that it is for DogLost people to determine how we help in this situation. If PAWS want to run this case they should do so on their own domain. Having the PAW team congratulating each other on here does nothing to help the case. I can see that someone has already reported one post. Doglover appears to be doing a good job keeping in touch with the owner. There are DogLost people busy working in the background and I do not feel the need to get our team members to congratulate each other to make the point.
- 2017-01-17 12:41 Doglover
- Reggiemollieros....thank you for letting us know where Buskers are and thank you for offering to take a look xx
- 2017-01-17 12:18 Baydogs
- 2017-01-17 12:18 reggiemollieros
- I am often in Central London and I always look out for the dogs living on the streets that I see and buy them some food. I will look out for Nimbus.
Michelle the people busking with dogs I have seen where on Oxford St, Piccadilly and Regent Street. They probably move around though but will certainly take a look
- 2017-01-17 12:11 Doglover
- Thank you nicolapicola and Charlie and sooty and Janbush I did see your comment as well xxx
- 2017-01-17 12:03 charlie and sooty
- Thank you for putting Nimbus to here, at least this started the ball rolling to get this little one out there.....I do understand that there are people working all the time to help get Nimbus reunited....Paws crossed that she will be found safe and soon.
- 2017-01-17 10:07 Janbush
- 2017-01-17 09:43 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- There are many people helping with this case on the ground and behind the scenes.
- 2017-01-17 09:18 nicolapicola
- 2017-01-16 21:44 Doglover
- X.Last edited: 2017-01-16 22:02:35 by Doglover
- 2017-01-16 20:29 Nik - PR Advisor
- DogLover, we are already talking to the broadcast media. Please don't muddy the waters.
- 2017-01-16 19:56 Doglover
- XLast edited: 2017-01-16 22:01:00 by Doglover
- 2017-01-16 19:41 Nik - PR Advisor
- Thank you for all your help, Michelle. We are grateful for your expert intervention. It is likely that the Standard will also run the story.
- 2017-01-16 19:16 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- Thanks Michelle great progress at last. Appreciate your time and effort with finding this girl. Keep us updated please 🐶
- 2017-01-16 18:59 Breakfast in a bag
UPDATE: I accompanied Nimbus mum to the police station today and reported/statement taken.Police will allocate an officer who will then speak further to mum/me and also check any surrounding cctv.
I am awaiting a call back from Westminster dog warden too to also confirm if any deceased dog fitting Nimbus description has been picked up.
Status dog unit have responded and no collection of Nimbus to date but will circulate dog lost link I gave around their team.
Also awaiting a police contact regarding EU begging dogs that I have initiated investigations into to get back to me and to again circulate do gloss link.
I'm trying to pull together a search party and poster hand out in central London this coming Saturday and will keep in constant touch with mum.
Police and relatvant authorities have also my number and consent to call and discuss anything with me as mum can have trouble keeping her phone charged. Michelle
- 2017-01-16 15:40 Baydogs
- Fair enough on those few words Nick; I obviously wouldn't want to jeopardise anything - I'm here with the intentions of helping, not hindering. I still don't understand why the rest was so heavily censored though. Anyway, I'll leave it at that as I don't want to interrupt the purpose of this thread- finding Nimbus
And I hope you'll have your furbaby back soon Owner.
- 2017-01-16 15:02 Nik - PR Advisor
- Baydogs, comments mentioning a certain media outlet doing the story were removed as they were premature.
- 2017-01-16 14:59 Baydogs
- Not to worry Doglover. It may let me in at a later date. Sometimes that happens.
Only one third of my comment remained anyway. I don't know why as none of it was offensive or inflammatory. I was just politely welcoming Michelle and the owner and asking if perhaps the dog that was seen in Leicester square could have been the one that Michelle knew about. Very odd.Last edited: 2017-01-16 15:01:34 by Baydogs
- 2017-01-16 13:54 Doglover
- Baydogs. Sorry I wish I could help,you with thebfacebook page....but I am not that savvy myself and someone else set it up for me.
- 2017-01-16 11:18 Baydogs
- Doglover, just seen your post re CRN. YAY!
- 2017-01-16 11:16 Baydogs
- Doglover, have tried repeatedly to access the FB page without success. On public pages I am usually asked to prove I'm not a robot and then I'm in....but this happens sometimes. Why, I don't know. :(
- 2017-01-16 11:02 Doglover
- Have added CRN number and sent copy of Report to CJ.
- 2017-01-16 08:06 nedk
- Good luck this owner really needs his friend back paws crossed hoping for some positive news x
- 2017-01-15 21:16 Shelagh - Area Volunteer, East London
- Sure some media coverage will bring something positive.
- 2017-01-15 20:09 Doglover
- Michelle.....Thank,you.....for all you are doing for owner. Xx
- 2017-01-15 19:37 Doglover
- Have just received message from owner and here it is..........
Hi Valerie Thank you so much for all you've done Michelle is coming to the police station with me and they'll take me more serious this time. Im charging my phone at the moment. Im gonna try and get on chat on dogs lost but I'm useless with technology I just want to answer a few questions people have asked and obviously to thank everyone for their support.
- 2017-01-15 18:52 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- Thanks Michelle least we have someone on the ground now.
- 2017-01-15 17:57 Nik - PR Advisor
- Thank you, Michelle.
- 2017-01-15 17:54 Breakfast in a bag
- UPDATE: I have just spoken with the owner of Nimbus on the phone and we are meeting up in mornings to help her further with the search plus a follow up call to warden and going to police station to see if we can get any assistance with any possible cctv in area.
- 2017-01-15 17:32 Nik - PR Advisor
- Thank you, Michelle, for updating us on the similar dog. Michelle is the outreach worker I mentioned earlier and she will be getting the word out as she is out and about in the area. She also has a scanner.
- 2017-01-15 16:21 Breakfast in a bag
Michelle here from Breakfast in a bag/off the streets London! If I can be of ANY help please shout.Please be aware there is a similar coloured/same breed dog that is on the streets with his dad that I can vouch/verify as the man's own.
- 2017-01-15 16:19 Ronmaxtye F1 - Area Volunteer, Essex
- Have also shared to our network of other sites and people, hope its found soon
- 2017-01-15 16:13 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Michelle (Breakfast in a Bag has shared poster on Fbk and offered to print posters. Hv asked her to join Doglost so she can comment on here.
- 2017-01-15 16:06 Ronmaxtye F1 - Area Volunteer, Essex
- Shared to giveadogacoat
- 2017-01-15 16:04 Doglover
- BAYDOGS....I will see if Michelle Clark can print some posters for her.
Help Find Nimbus Is a Public group....I am Admin for it, but as Public are you not able to see or join??Last edited: 2017-01-15 16:09:22 by Doglover
- 2017-01-15 16:00 Doglover
- OFFER OF HELP .............If she wants to pop down in morning by Rymans on the strand from 6.30 - 8.30 for some hot breakfast and chat please let her know, she will probably know majority of homeless friends that attend by themselves and with dogs as I'm sure they will want to support her! I have also emailed a contact in police status dog unit as I recently took out a street dog that they had picked up and held for couple months knowing it belonged to a homeless person but couldn't locate owner at the time.
Not sure if same lady that NIK is speaking about....this lady,s name is Michelle Clark who works for the homeless and she has also offered to go and find owner where she sleeps.....She asked me to pm her and let her know which I have done......THANKYOU everyone on this thread who is Helping owner to find her dog.....Unfortunately I have not heard back from her lately...but I am sure she will get back to me when she has WiFi or charged her battery on her phone. Last edited: 2017-01-15 16:03:44 by Doglover
- 2017-01-15 13:40 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- Give a dog a coat Facebook
- 2017-01-15 13:00 Baydogs
- 2017-01-15 12:53 Nina
- Shelagh good idea. I have googled and Give a dog a Coat is on facebook...I don't do facebook.
- 2017-01-15 12:04 Shelagh - Area Volunteer, East London
- Give a dog a coat: lady who hands out coatd to homeless people for there dogs. Could somebody get poster to her plz.Also anybody approached black cab drivers in area,they could take photo of poster,. I've shared to blk cab driver I know who hands out food to homeless around there
- 2017-01-15 11:42 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- Well done Nik. Let's hope they can assist
- 2017-01-15 11:34 charlie and sooty
- Nik..Good news on the outreach worker
- 2017-01-15 11:27 charlie and sooty
- Does anyone know if Centre Point (Tottenham Court Road) is still used for young homeless people? If so, it might be worth speaking to them, as Soho Square is only a short walk from there, and the younger generation hear a lot of what goes on, on the streets...
- 2017-01-15 10:36 Nik - PR Advisor
- We have had an offer of help from an outreach worker in the area.
- 2017-01-15 10:26 Baydogs
- Unfortunately I'm unable to access the Help Find Nimbus FB page as it requests that I log in :(
- 2017-01-15 10:05 Baydogs
- Doglover, any luck yet with offers of printing posters ?
If not, what about asking at the nearest Sally Army drop-in centre(which I think would be off Oxford Street)as they have an understanding of the practical difficulties of homelessness and offer respectful support.
- 2017-01-15 09:35 Doglover
- Clarkey....fantastic..thank you..on behalf of owner.
- 2017-01-15 02:06 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Have tweeted to Breakfast in a Bag (organisation who helps homeless and their dogs in London) Dogs Trust W London, Evening Standard etc
- 2017-01-14 23:38 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Wasnt asking for chip number just merely thinking at least if chipped and picked up then at least owner will be notified!
- 2017-01-14 23:06 Nik - PR Advisor
- Ward Cllr Paul Church has kindly Tweeted Numbus's plight.
- 2017-01-14 23:01 Doglover
- Claire C. ....I do know if chipped or not but did not want to,publicise for obvious reasons, but CJ knows ....
- 2017-01-14 22:44 Mary
- Sorry Nik I thought that was a 24 hour number.
- 2017-01-14 22:44 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Is Nimbus chipped does anybody know?
- 2017-01-14 22:43 Nina
- I believe the cleaning contract is with VEOLIA 0207 812 5000
- 2017-01-14 22:39 Nik - PR Advisor
- Mary, numbers on Westminster's website are all business hours. Most councils have an out of hours duty person for emergencies. I was hoping to go via that route. This is an area I know very well as I spent a big chunk of my working life there.
- 2017-01-14 22:39 Doglover
- I think she felt she needed to notify all vets that Nimbus is missing in case she is found and taken in.
- 2017-01-14 22:38 Doglover
- Claire C.....please read my comment of 13 Jan where i have advised that I have emailed CJ.........CJ has responded to me and also sent email to owner....I am still waiting to hear back from owner regarding her visit back to Police formCRN number. But her phone number is above if anyone wants to phone or text.I do not as I know her battery gets low.....she just Pm me when she can.
- 2017-01-14 22:34 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- PDSA Victoria (Hugh St ?) is probably the most used Vet practice for all. RSPCA and also Dogs Trust do help to cover homeless people's animals I believe.Last edited: 2017-01-14 22:36:47 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2017-01-14 22:33 Doglover
- Owner has also left bedding in the park where they usually sleep as well...that question was asked earlier by someone.....
NIK..Thankyou for,contacting cleansing Departments. This poor lady is distraught.
- 2017-01-14 22:28 Doglover
- GillyPand ClaireC.....owner pm me on Facebook and asked for my help I advised her I,would,put,on Doglost on her behalf which I have done. I have also emailed CJ right at the beginning with information given to me by owner and Cj has emailed owner requesting CRN as the number owner gave to me was the incident number. I am waiting to hear back from owner regarding the sighting to see if Nimbus was sighted either running loose or with someone..I have shared to various Groups on Facebook....arranged to have her own page set up and she is now,also,on Lostbox and twitter.........Owner does need help with more posters which I commented below, but of course if you have a co Ord in Soho Square that would meet with owner that would be great....Owner does have a contact with PetsLondon in Wigmore street who has offered to help....What she needs is all vets in London to be notified... Nimbus is known by all the homeless people in London and they are all looking out for her.Last edited: 2017-01-14 22:30:38 by Doglover
- 2017-01-14 22:24 Mary
- Nik they will come under Westminster City Council. Try 020 7641 2000, which is the Environmental Action Line.
Last edited: 2017-01-14 22:24:56 by Mary
- 2017-01-14 22:20 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- Nina good cover story!. Nik was just googling Street teams. Hope it brings some good news
- 2017-01-14 22:18 Nik - PR Advisor
- Have emailed the three ward councillors asking for their help in out-of-hours contact for Street Cleansing.
- 2017-01-14 22:17 Nina
- What about notices going up in St Mungos Homeless building in Westminster.
- 2017-01-14 22:10 Nik - PR Advisor
- What we need is access to Westminster Street Cleansing team as they work nights round Leicester Square and Soho. Let me think on that for a bit.
- 2017-01-14 22:09 Nina
- GillyP A squeaky toy and shaking a can I could say I was collecting money for doglostLast edited: 2017-01-14 22:12:09 by Nina
- 2017-01-14 20:55 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- Nina I have visions of you walking round Leicester Square squeaking a toy. Tourists would think us Brits are nuts. Whatever it takes I suppose.
- 2017-01-14 20:17 Nina
- would she respond to a squeaky toy or a whistle
- 2017-01-14 20:14 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- I will alert admin to footfall helpers and CJ to this. What I will ask again on CJs behalf that if anyone is speaking to owner that she gets a Crime Reference No (CRN) to reflect stolen and that this is urgently given into Admin who will pass to CJ. Then things can move forward a lot quicker than they are at the moment with so much advice being given however well intentioned.
- 2017-01-14 20:10 charlie and sooty
- Leicester Square should have lots of cctv...so ask police to check them out....
- 2017-01-14 19:58 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- Is anyone local other than those giving advice and not being local. Footfall is what's needed.
- 2017-01-14 19:04 Doglover
- Nicolapicola...owner justbsaid sighted.....I,will ask her that question....it does take time for her to get back to me as she is using her phone so much atbthe moment checking all selling sites and she has tomthen find somewhere to recharge, but I will,try and find out. Thank,you
- 2017-01-14 17:41 nicolapicola
- Doglover: when sighted in Leicester Square, was Nimbus alone or with someone?
- 2017-01-14 17:40 Nina
- Another thought have posters been put in post boxes for the postmen to be made aware and the street cleaners/sweepers who are out and about day and night might notice her aboutLast edited: 2017-01-14 17:48:12 by Nina
- 2017-01-14 17:34 Doglover
- Baydogs thank you for that I have deleted the other i fo......Nina....all,scenting has been done and owner says her dog knows the streets better than she does....
- 2017-01-14 17:14 JANI
- sharing to groups x
- 2017-01-14 16:46 Nina
- Has owner received scenting advice ie leaving a trail of cut up small pieces of old clothing or a 'pee trail' back to their home
- 2017-01-14 16:35 Baydogs
- Excellent idea nicolapicola. so for those who tweet here is the link-
He has 87k followers!
Doglover, details on the poster can be altered at any time by the person who listed. ( i.e. yourself)
- 2017-01-14 15:25 Doglover
- ADMIN.,,,,,Owner is asking if there is anyone that could print some posters for her as ones she had, some have been taken down and some ruined by the weather...Also here is Nimbus own page...
- 2017-01-14 15:22 Vikky
- I am tweeting for this little one ❤
- 2017-01-14 15:16 Doglover
- Just received message from owner.....sighting in Leicester Square and owner stayed up all night looking for her.......She is also concerned that the Battersea Reference number is on the poster......ADMIN if I delete this can a new poster be done please.
- 2017-01-14 15:11 nicolapicola
- Just a thought and no idea about how to tweet, share in social media etc, as am old fogey - maybe someone could tweet StreetCat Bob about Nimbus as his owner has such an enormous following (probably not least amongst London homeless).
- 2017-01-14 15:09 Doglover
- Mary Yes...Battersea have been advised and have Photo I believe and SDK have also been.contacted by owner. Thank you ..praying that this little one is found she is only 3 years old. And been with owner since she was 5weeks old.
- 2017-01-14 15:07 Karen
- Thanks Mary. xx
- 2017-01-14 14:49 Mary
- Karen 6 including Westminster are covered by SDK. Battersea Cats & Dogs Home cover many of the others I believe. Nimbus is not currently shown on SDK website, but lost/stolen report can be lodged with SDK see http://www.lostdogsuk.co.uk and for Battersea see https://www.battersea.org.uk/pet-advice/lost-and-found-dog-advice/lost-dog. Doglover seems to already have this covered see below.Last edited: 2017-01-14 14:56:40 by Mary
- 2017-01-14 14:09 Karen
- There are 33 different wardens in London. Although this would be the Westminster warden Nimbus could obviously be in the other boroughs now. Is there anyway that Doglost can contact the wardens without having to phone them all individually. Just wondering if you have e mail access xx
- 2017-01-14 12:21 Jane
- Shared Twittered
- 2017-01-14 10:00 Doglover
- Baydogs...there is a tweet appeal a couple I believe but I do not know how to add on to here unfortunately.....one might be #HelpFindNimbus....but I will pass on your comments re soup kitchens etc.I believe the cab station nearby is aware.
- 2017-01-14 09:06 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- in contact by email to owner explaing the number is just a CAD not a CRN - so needs to ask police to give her a CRN.
- 2017-01-14 00:21 Baydogs
- Word goes around fast amongst friends on the street :)
I wonder if a tweet appeal for the person who made a video of Nimbus would be a good idea. To have a copy of that video (if taken innocently) would be useful to share anyway. Did this person seem local to the area or a visitor? Any description?
There are a great number of well spoken intelligent people on the street but often they are not taken as seriously as someone with a fixed abode. Not asking for answers to be put on here, but if she has a caseworker of any kind could they help to officially represent her? She may well not know anyone like that of course.
Someone calling her dog at 5am is indeed odd. It also means that they knew the dog well enough to know her name. Male or female voice? Did anyone nearby hear this too and eyeball that person?
Posters given to any soup kitchens, food distributors, health workers and at hostel accommodation that allows dogs. Also any street workers that she may know. Early rising people too,like street market sellers.
Hope she and Nimbus are reunited soon. Bet she is missing her buddy.
- 2017-01-13 23:54 Doglover
- And to anyone who sees this...this dog has to have a special diet as well
- 2017-01-13 23:51 Doglover
- Owner told me Nimbus ran throughnoark like she usually does chasing rats...this was at 5.30pm...but this time she did not come back....she also,told me thatbthe day before someone was videoing her dog in this small park and saying what a lovely dog she was.On the morning that Nimbus went missing she heard someone calling her dog and it was about 5a.m. But Nimbus did not go.....then that evening she disappeared......BAYDOGS she has also told me that every single homeless person in London is looking out for her dog...I have googled Soho Park Soho Square and it is one of those garden parks in a square with buildings all around...I have asked her if Police could check CCTV as there must be CCTV in the area and in buildings around, but she said, unfortunately thatbpolice do not seem very interested. I have asked her to go back to police station and stress the amount of dogs that are stolen. Battersea are aware and she has sent a photo to SDK....I have also given her thenphone numbers of Wood Green pound...and two others in the London area and suggested she also Phone them. She video messaged me tonight and is a very well spoken lady who is absolutely distraught at the loss of her best friend...Hope all that helps.....also,told her to print the Doglost posters if she can.
- 2017-01-13 20:44 Baydogs
- Doglover, can you fill us in on the circumstances please.
Did the owner (or any others) witness the theft of the dog and get a description of the person/s who took Nimbus?
If the owner saw them, has she seen them around before? Are they known to her?
- 2017-01-13 20:43 Sharon - Social Media Team
- I have shared with DL FB Page, Twitter & Public. I hope Nimbus is safely back at home soon. X
- 2017-01-13 20:19 onestopalldogs
- Shared Facebook & Twitter
- 2017-01-13 20:15 Baydogs
- How much lower will these thieves stoop...
This little girl needs to be back safely with her human mum- for both their sakes.
Does the owner have any access to a printer or can others help with poster printing please?
- 2017-01-13 18:26 Doglover
- Alison. Thankyou....I did send an email to CJ as was not sure that the CRN given to me was correct.......This lady is homeless and distraught.....she cannot live without her dog.
- 2017-01-13 17:39 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in W1,2,,8,9,11. NW1,8. WC1,2. SW1,3,7.
- 2017-01-13 17:31 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Details emailed to our police coordinator so she can change the status to stolen.
- 2017-01-13 16:49 Me n my girl - Administrative Volunteer
- Region altered