Found: Tan Unknown Male In South East (KT23)
- Dog ID 109827
- Status Found
- Registered 07 Jan 2017
- Name SPANISH PODENCO
- Gender & Breed Male Unknown
- Age Adult
- Colour Tan
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Found 08 Jan 2017
- Where Found Bookham, Surrey.
- Found In Region South East
- Found In Post Area KT23
- Date Reunited
- Other Info In the care of the Dog Warden.
- Phone 1 01306 879116/233
- Phone 2
- Listed By Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Views 1368
- View Poster
- See more dogs Found in KT23
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2017-01-15 21:04 csquaredb
- He has gone to a specialised podenco rescue today. Sure it won't be long before he finds a loving forever home :)
- 2017-01-13 09:07 Sam
- Shared on the nonsuch park dog walkers face book page , the day he first came onto streetlife (8/1/17 ?)
- 2017-01-12 10:15 jenny4 - Area Co-ordinator, West Hampshire
- He may of been bred in this country
- 2017-01-10 17:53 gina c
- Amazed he's not microchipped as surely he would have needed a pet passport to travel from Spain?
- 2017-01-09 16:10 csquaredb
- Update from MVDW this afternoon:
Update on "Radar"
Whilst underweight and with some pressure sores. Radar as I've nicknamed him ( the ears are the clue) is a very friendly and loving boy. The girls at our kennels love him to bits.
He will be going to Podenco Rescue in a few days time for assessment and then to an experienced home.
Podenco's are notorious escape artists being known to clear 7' high fences from a standing position. Also can be highly destructive and live better with other sight hounds.
Many thanks to Lorraine for all that information and taking him on.
- 2017-01-09 13:50 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- Just seen pictures of him with finder. He's a cheeky one.
- 2017-01-09 12:42 csquaredb
- We've put him on loads of local FB pages and Streetlife, but bizarrely still not claimed. Also being shared on Podenco rescue sites. As GillyP mentioned, possibility that finder may adopt him. If that doesn't work out, dog warden has a couple of podenco rescues offering to take him, when he's done his 7 days.
- 2017-01-09 09:52 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- Well what a small world. My colleague at work just came round to tell me his mum might get a new dog!! Low and behold it's this chap. She managed to get hold of him when he ran up to her outside a local pub, took him home and called the warden. Apparently he's a lovely boy made himself at home on the back of the sofa. She's fallen in love and has asked warden if after 7 days she can take him on to keep her other two rescue dogs company. Fingers crossed.
- 2017-01-08 23:07 JANI
- sharing to groups x
- 2017-01-08 19:36 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- There is one of these lost on fb last week. Will share to it. CJHinton ive passed your request onto admin
Admin said its there under Portugese Podenco.Last edited: 2017-01-08 19:52:39 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2017-01-07 13:05 cjhinton - Area Volunteer, Devon
- Any chance could add just Podenco to the general list of breeds for future reference? Just a thought.... X
- 2017-01-07 12:49 brittsyank
- Looks more like a Spanish Podenco to me!
- 2017-01-07 12:06 csquaredb
- Sadly not chipped :(
- 2017-01-07 11:44 GillyP - Administrative Volunteer
- More like a pharaoh hound.
- 2017-01-07 11:31 Julie - Social Media Team, Surrey
- Posted on Dog Lost Surrey page. J. x
- 2017-01-07 11:22
- Thank you for taking the time to list this found dog and ensuring the safety of the dog.
Please ensure that you notify your local Dog Warden and the local Police Station - in Scotland you MUST inform your local Police Station and if possible contact the Dog Warden also.
The found dog may have a Microchip or a Tattoo - please have the dog scanned and checked for a tattoo at a vet's so that owners may be contacted as soon as possible.
Please check on our Missing pages in case the Found dog has been registered as missing with us.
If possible please add a photo as this greatly assists our work in matching Found dogs with Missing dogs.