Reunited: Unknown Male
- Dog ID 55023
- Status Reunited
- Registered 21 Jul 2013
- Name ELDERLY WAKEFIELD MAN GEORGE KING
- Gender & Breed Male Unknown
- Age Elderly
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 19 Jul 2013
- Where Lost Peacock Avenue , Wakefield on his red mobility scooter but believed to have headed to the town centre to do some shopping
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area WF2
- Date Found 22 Jul 2013
- Found In Region North East
- Date Reunited 22 Jul 2013
- Other Info If you think you may have seen George King or have any idea of his whereabouts please contact WAKEFIELD POLICE ... via: 101 quoting police log 1246 of the 19/7/2013.
- Phone 1 07960968339
- Phone 2
- Listed By Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Views 2396
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2013-07-23 21:40 Max - Area Co-ordinator, Cornwall
- Glad he has been found, now wishing him a speedy recovery.
- 2013-07-23 14:06 Angel
- So glad to read Mr King has been found. Any elderly gentlemen who's not well reminds me of my own dad and makes me cry. Wishing you a speedy recovery x
- 2013-07-23 11:58 Goldenfrodo
- So pleased George has been found. Hope he recovers soon. Sending best wishes to him and his family xx
- 2013-07-23 08:35 janiejewel1649
- Wonderful news. Wishing George all the best, and get well wishes for a speedy recovery.
- 2013-07-22 23:09 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Thanks for the text Jan xxx so very relieved he has been found. I hope he recovers quickly from this ordeal amd is soon back to good health. My very best wishes to him and his family xxx
- 2013-07-22 22:37 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Gosh - I hope that George will make a full recovery - so pleased that they found him on this the hottest day of the year
- 2013-07-22 22:17 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- Thanks for the text Jan- so relieved that he has been found and I really hope he will be well and home again as soon as possible xx
- 2013-07-22 21:53 Nickydog
- Very relieved to hear the news,hope he is soon on the mend and back with his family.
- 2013-07-22 21:04 Julie - Social Media Team, Surrey
- I am so glad this poor elderly gent has been found great news. Would like to wish him all good wishes for the future. Julie xx
- 2013-07-22 20:49 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Have let Jumanji and minigirl know.
Chuffed to bits he has been found and have pleasure in moving him into the REUNITED. Welcome home George. xxx
- 2013-07-22 20:46 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
UPDATE: Wakefield Missing Man George King Found Safe This Evening (22/7/13)
Monday 22 July 2013
Following extensive searches for missing Wakefield man George King, Police can this evening (22/7/13) confirm he has been found safe.
Mr George King (89) was found at about 6.15pm this evening in a field near Walton, Wakefield by the National Police Air Service.
The Force helicopter was performing a sweep of the Walton and New Miller Dam area when it spotted a man laid down by a mobility scooter.
It directed officers to the scene who spoke with the gentleman who has now been taken to hospital and is being treated for dehydration.
Detective Chief Inspector Adrian Taylor who supervised the search to find Mr King, said: "We can confirm George was spotted by the Force helicopter at about 6.15pm this afternoon as part of a directed search pattern in the area.
"We are really pleased to have found George after a major three day search involving extensive Police resources including the Force helicopter, specialist search officers and local Neighbourhood Policing Teams.
"The response from the public locally has been fantastic and we wish to thank them and local media for all the support over the past three days.
"Clearly it is very early days and Mr King will be receiving full medical assessments at hospital."
- 2013-07-22 19:23 Minigirl - Area Co-ordinator, West Yorkshire
- Taken from West Yorkshire Police issued information.
Officers have a new time and location for when he was last seen - 2.23pm on Agbrigg Road, Wakefield on Friday 19 July.
- 2013-07-21 23:41 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- 2013-07-21 23:32 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Hope George is safely back home soon. Will share his details. x
- 2013-07-21 21:09 Stella's Dad
- 2013-07-21 19:59 janiejewel1649
- Fingers xd for George to be found safe, and sound
- 2013-07-21 12:02 migman34
- shared Bridlington east yorkshire
- 2013-07-21 11:22 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- thanks Gino ! iam just adding a photo x
- 2013-07-21 10:53 Gino - Administrator, Head Office
- Can anybody please with a picture of George email it to email@example.com
- 2013-07-21 10:51 Gino - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers for George King in WF1-17.
- 2013-07-21 10:30 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator, North East
- Police are continuing to appeal for information to trace missing Wakefield man George King (89) who was last seen on the morning of Friday 19 th July .
Officers are growing increasingly concerned for George's welfare due to his age and the fact he requires medication for a heart complaint.
George was last seen leaving his home on Peacock Avenue, Wakefield around 11.45am yesterday on his red mobility scooter.He was thought to be heading in to Wakefield city centre to buy his wife a present for her birthday. George was reported missing by his family when he failed to return home in the afternoon.
George is described as a white male, around 5ft 8" tall, medium build with grey, thinning hair. When he was last seen he was wearing a white flat cap, short-sleeved blue check shirt, medium blue coloured trousers and white trainers.
Searches involving specialist teams and a police helicopter continue today.
Anyone who may have seen George or anyone with information is asked to contact Wakefield police via: 101 quoting police log 1246 of the 19/7/2013.