Lost: Black Back And Nose And Brown Tummy And Paws German Shepherd Male In South East (IG4)
- Dog ID 39820
- Status Lost
- Registered 27 May 2012
- Name RAMBO STOLEN
- Breed German Shepherd
- Gender Male
- Age Older Adult
- Build Large
- Colour Black back and nose and brown tummy and paws
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars None
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 27 May 2012
- Where Lost Stolen from back entrance to shop and residential property 'sai superstore' on redbridge lane east, ilford, essex
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area IG4
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info DOG HAS BEEN STOLEN FROM HIS HOME BY 2 LADIES AND A MALE. ALL CAUCASIAN LADIES BETWEEN 30-40, MALE AGED OVER 40 OF FAT BUILD. LADIES PREVIOUSLY OFFERED £500 CASH FOR DOG WHICH WAS REFUSED IMMEDIATELY BUT WOMEN WERE VERY ADAMANT BORDERING ON HARASSMENT. RAMBO THEN GOT STOLEN 11 DAYS LATER IN A PRE-MEDITATED THEFT. ONE LADY SAID SHE IS A DOG TRAINER. RAMBO IS A 9YEAR OLD FAMILY PET WELL LOVED AND WELL LOOKED AFTER. PLEASE ANYONE WITH ANY SORT OF INFORMATION PLEASE PLEASE CONTACT US WE MISS HIM AND LOVE
- Phone 1 07960250845
- Phone 2 07803161853
- Reward? Yes
- Listed By Shritharan
- Views 17834
- Followers 6
- See more dogs Lost in IG4
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-16 17:23 glossoplass
- Found Dog
16 Apr 2013 German Shepherd
Location: Uckfield TN22
Our Ref: 298912
- 2013-04-02 01:18 Lynne
- Could the 2nd picture in this ad be Rambo? So hard to tell.
- 2013-02-04 20:05 Jill Murfin
- I have added Rambo onto the Lets Stop Dog Thieves facebook group and also sent his details to the Alan Titchmarsh show for their programme about lost dogs on 5/2/2012
- 2012-12-12 22:03 Julie
- We are still searching and following up each and every lead we get to try and locate Rambo. People know where Rambo is and I would ask you to please contact Dog Lost or Rambo's owner in confidence with any information no matter how small or insignificant it may seem. Christmas is just around the corner please give Rambo back to his family so they can have a happy time and not have to endure the sadness of their pet still missing and absent from their lives. Julie x
- 2012-11-13 10:37 Julie
- Thanks for posting on here Rita - I am sure Acresway are aware but I will contact them again. Julie x
- 2012-11-12 09:45 shane2006
- Has anyone been in contact with Acresway kennels in Essex my friend has just had a rescue from them and there is a lady that looks after/takes their GSDs I have been speaking to Julie on another post. Hi Julie. Rita x
- 2012-11-10 19:06 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Julie and Jill, you are amazing. You are working so hard for Rambo. You are true gems. Thank you. x
- 2012-11-06 23:13 Julie
- Thanks Debs but so sad to say it is not Rambo yet again. I do hope this found dog's owners are found or he gets a great new home. Thanks again. Julie x
- 2012-11-03 15:32 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Dog i.d 44683 just come in as found in Wickford (ss12) not far from Ilford and a very socialised GSD. Could this be Rambo?
- 2012-10-29 23:05 Julie
- I have asked Sai to check the GSD found in Ipswich on the found page just in case it is Rambo although this dog looks a bit heavier but he could have put on weight if he has been kept in and not walked etc. Here's hoping J. x
- 2012-10-26 23:31 Julie
- Sorry Lesley but I didn't know but do now ! Thanks so much for all your help. Julie x
- 2012-10-26 19:47 reggiemollieros
- Julie I am Lesley :) Yes it all helps x
- 2012-10-25 23:22 Julie
- Thanks reggiemollieros but it was Jemma and Lesley that alerted me to it and I just got lucky with Rambo as they also asked them to mention Cuba which so far they haven't. Any publicity for Dog Lost is great and I so hope there may be some news of Rambo. Julie x
- 2012-10-25 22:46 reggiemollieros
- Was a very good mention of Rambo and also of Doglost so well done x
- 2012-10-25 21:00 Julie
- Very pleased to say I have had an e-mail back from Joanne and she is going to mention Rambo on tonight's programme - I so hope it will bring forward information as to where Rambo is. Julie x
- 2012-10-25 19:43 Julie
- I have e-mailed Joanne Good BBC Radio London who has a programme "Barking at the Moon" at 10 o'clock weekday nights to ask if she would give Rambo a mention. I am so hoping she will. Well done for spotting it Jemma. Julie
- 2012-10-16 19:39 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you, Goldie. x
- 2012-10-16 15:58 goldie
- Just got this message on a facebook page, about other dogs which have been taken by women in Essex. This is a message from Kimmybear.
No, its a different woman as not same one as in photo in paper on Delta's page. But, whose to say they are not connected. Also we have a number of Chihuahuas stolen by women in Essex. And, Rambo! Was that woman connected to this ring? Maybe the cash offered was fake too? Can someone pop this thought on. Rambo's page for me as I can't access from here. Thank you. Its Kimmybear here. X
- 2012-10-01 21:07 Julie
- We firmly believe that the two women that stole Rambo are known to a number of people and for some reason they don't feel confident to ring Dog Lost with any information. It may be the women that stole him have not told the truth about how they came to have Rambo in their possession. Do you have a neighbour who 4 months ago suddenly had a German Shepherd living with them that was not there before ? Have you seen these women walking Rambo ? We would urge you please to contact Dog Lost in the utmost confidence. Rambo's family are desperately upset that he is still missing. If you have any information please ring. Thanks. Julie x
- 2012-09-30 21:59 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks reggiemollieros. x
- 2012-09-29 19:48 reggiemollieros
- I have posted Found Dog ID 43443 on Rambo's FB page so you can check him out. It says the Found Dog is chipped but the people who stole Rambo could have had him chipped. x
- 2012-09-27 19:26 Julie
- Everyone is very grateful for your help, Jill - you write brill letters and it is down to you that the Ilford Recorder have done this further article - I feel it is important to keep Rambo fresh in everyones mind - he has got to be somewhere and it only takes that one person to spot him out on a walk that will have the confidence to ring Dog Lost. Thanks Jill. Julie x
- 2012-09-26 16:06 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- Whatever I can do to help i will do . . . many of you know Im up on the Lancashire Coast near Blackpool so too far away to help physically search an area but write a letter i am able to do and with the greatest of pleasure if it brings Rambo back into the local community and hopefully jogs someone's memory about him or his dognappers or his whereabouts :(
- 2012-09-25 23:24 Julie
- No problem working to get Rambo back and keep him in everyones thoughts. Our reward, as I have said before, is when Rambo is back with his family where he belongs and we will - we are absolutely determined of that fact however long it takes ! Julie x
- 2012-09-25 23:19 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
This is actually quite a big piece, Julie! A lovely photo of sweet Rambo. Jill Murfin, thank you very much for getting this done. Jill & Julie thank you very much for working so hard behind the scenes for Rambo and Sai. You are fab! x
- 2012-09-25 20:30 Julie
- There is a small article in the Ilford Recorder of today's date which hopefully may jog some memories and at least keep Rambo fresh in peoples minds. We are still searching hard and following up some things. Everyone keep looking for Rambo he needs to be home with his family. Julie x
- 2012-09-22 20:16 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you everyone, all being passed to Sai. x
- 2012-09-16 14:11 rubys_mum
- Similar looking dog spotted on his own at 23:00 last night in Luton, Bedfordshire.. I posted the sighting on here (see id 43040) as I couldn't see any 'locally' that we're missing. Might be a longshot but you just never know x
- 2012-09-15 20:50 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Copy of tweet being circulated on twitter
RAMBO GSD STOLEN http://bit.ly/LHzZyW #UK Plz all rescues keep a look out Plz RT
- 2012-09-15 16:04 claresuzanna
- hi i live in essex and have been on the look out for rambo there is a german Shepperd been found and he is around 8/9 and is entire the owner can look on facebook and go to wallace kennels brentwood. where the dog is beening looked after. thanks clare
- 2012-09-15 11:15 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Found today on the animal search website - it does say neutered, but might still be worth checking out:
Found Dog (AFP131996)
Sex: Dog (Male)
Colours: Brown and Black
Collar: Brown, Leather, Plain
No flea collar
Chipped: Not sure
Send a message to the finder >
Found on Sat 15th Sep 2012
Found dog in Basildon, Essex County, United Kingdom, SS15
I was jogging and found an Alsacian male lost.
- 2012-09-13 22:59 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you Julie, you are absolutely fab in trying to find Rambo. Thank you! x
- 2012-09-08 18:32 Julie
- Rambo's details have been posted on Paul O'Grady's facebook page hopefully he will be able to publicise Rambo far and wide along with all other lost and stolen dogs. We are still searching for Rambo and will never give up - people of Essex please keep looking and spreading the word he is out there somewhere waiting to be able to go home to his family. To the thieves who stole Rambo if his family didn't care about him as you so wrongly assumed then why do you think they are still looking and searching for him - do the right thing and give him back he is not your dog. Julie.
- 2012-08-31 20:56 kath
- Found 27/8 entire male gs underweight and nervy Hampshire. Not sure of dogs current location pic on Facebook group uk register for pound and found dogs xx
- 2012-08-31 20:19 Julie
- Please everyone keep sharing and looking. Anyone that attends dog training classes/clubs and agility people too please keep searching and sharing Rambo's details. Also anyone that visits rescue centres including the small independent ones please keep checking on the dogs coming in. Rambo is out there somewhere just waiting to be found so he can go home to his family. Thanks. Julie x
- 2012-08-30 13:24 AnnieSparky
- In Found section, thought maybe worth checking the page :
Registered 30 Aug 2012
Breed German Shepherd
Colour BLACK long haired
Marks & Scars Greying in places - very unkempt - matted :(
- 2012-08-26 22:41 Julie
- We are all working very hard and will never give up looking for Rambo - we know you are out there Rambo and it is just a matter of time before the callous people that decided to forcibly remove you from your home are tracked down and you are reunited with your family who I know are missing you dreadfully. Julie x
- 2012-08-26 21:49 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Rambo's owners and a lot of helpers are trying very hard to locate Rambo.
- 2012-08-25 20:40 Paulyne
This is the dog in the Wirral pound
- 2012-08-24 22:33 Julie
- Well done Di and Tri's mum everyone please keep looking out for Rambo - we are hot on the heels of the people responsible and as Kimmybear says he could pop up anywhere now and I for one and keeping everything crossed that he does. Julie x
- 2012-08-24 20:09 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Now news is spreading, it sis just possible Rambo could appear anywhere. Thank you. x
- 2012-08-24 15:36 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- Dont suppose you have direct link for the dog?/ or the number ??
- 2012-08-24 13:14 Tri's Mum
- A man opened a womans gate yesterday..and dumped a g/shep in her garden..closed the gate and ran away..i know this is a long way away..but u never know..you can view him on BIRKENHEAD KENNELS..PHOTO GALLERY..hope its your boy..All Paws Crossed xx
- 2012-08-24 09:51 Di
- There is an elderly gsd found tied to railings outside a police station on
Might be worth a look at the photo
- 2012-08-23 22:31 Julie
- I have received information today that Natasha the dog thief is no longer employed by Pepsico (Walkers) I don't know if this has come about due to her actions in stealing Rambo but she is now very much an ex-employee. Pepsico have tried to gain information as to the whereabouts of Rambo but have been unable to but if anything comes to light they will definately be in touch with his owners - so I would ask everybody that views this page to spread the information with all friends and family and look out for Natasha from the Billericay area who has stolen this lovely dog. Anyone with information please contact Dog Lost in confidence. Many thanks. Julie x
- 2012-08-23 06:28 glynafon
- Large GSD found in Cardiff area. Could this be him?
United Kingdom, Cardiff
Get email alerts
Found in Whitchurch Village really big German Shepard. He is skinny, friendly, black faced, with a bad back leg. Dog pound ask if I could keep him over night and they will come in the morning to collect him as they don't have a dog warden in the evenings, surely that is never right? What would have happened to him if he had to wander around all night until a warden started work??? Anyways, I hope his owner finds him, he's a lovely dog. Dog Pound 029 Cf20711243
- 2012-08-17 16:36 Julie
- Kim and Sai - I have despatched what I said I would today so fingers crossed it brings some information that leads to Rambo being reunited with his family. Keep the faith Sai we will get there in the end. All wishes to you. Julie x
- 2012-08-15 23:18 Julie
- Thanks Kim no rush will await to hear from you what you think. Julie x.
- 2012-08-15 22:45 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Sai, pls check Rambo's facebook - there is a possible dog on there in Salford. x
- 2012-08-15 22:19 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Julie, I'm going to check now. Sai, so glad you have posted. I messaged you on FB. x
- 2012-08-12 20:43 Julie
- I have it in hand Sai, don't worry - Rambo has got to be somewhere it just needs that one person to let us all know. What makes all this worse is that there are so many German Shepherds in need of homes at the moment so why oh why could these people not have given a home to a dog in need instead of choosing to steal a much loved pet that already had a loving and caring home. No stone will be left unturned in our quest to find Rambo and rest assured I will help you in any way I can - it maybe the people that have stolen Rambo get some sort of sick pleasure from looking at this site and seeing the upset and pain they have caused but as you say what goes round and comes round and if I have anything to do with it - their turn will come ! Julie x
- 2012-08-12 18:44 janiejewel1649
- Just checking for any news of Rambo. See several dog walkers daily in my area. Will keep my eyes open.
- 2012-08-12 17:40 Shritharan
- Julie that would be great if you could write to PepsiCo thanks a lot. I can't believe it's been nearly 3 months now thank you everyone for your support and help we really appreciate it so much. Essex people keep your eyes peeled for German shepherds being walked and dogs that respond to the name Rambo they must be walking him and someone must have seen our boy. I pray everyday Rambo be safe wherever he is and I hope we get him back soon. Thank you
- 2012-08-12 13:10 Julie
- Would everybody that views this page please share with friends, colleagues and family - do you have a neighbour, friend, acquaintance, someone who walks in your local park that has acquired a GSD that you have not seen before - are your a colleague, friend, associate of Natasha B who works for Pepsico (Walkers) if you have any information please search your soul and call Dogs Lost in confidence. It is possible that Rambo will have lost weight due to pining for his family and it is imperative he is reunited with them. If you are involved with Rambo's theft take a long hard look at yourself and the actions you have taken and do the decent thing and let Dogs Lost know his whereabouts. The pain and suffering you are causing his family never mind Rambo is immense so I am now begging you to bring this situation to a swift conclusion for all concerned. If you love dogs you will do this. Julie
- 2012-08-07 21:31 Julie
- I am very keen to write to Pepsico (Walkers) Personnel Department about this woman Natasha - Shritharan is this ok with you ? If so I will go ahead but if you would rather I didn't then please say I truely feel her continuing employment with them is wrong as she could do this again to another poor dog and its family. I hope you are continuing in a positive vein and things are progressing with all the evidence you have at your disposal. Thinking of you and Rambo and sending positive thoughts to you. Julie x
- 2012-08-07 18:58 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter....someone must recognize that snout.
- 2012-08-07 07:55 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Might be a long shot, and gender currently unknown, but have you seen gsd on found page - 41905?
- 2012-08-06 20:33 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks everyone for supporting Rambo's family. Let's see if we can find this fur baby and the people responsible. Sai, many, many dogs do get back home on this site - perseverance can pay off. Please take these kind people's advice and let's find Rambo. It can be done! And if we have anything to say about it, it WILL be done! x
- 2012-08-05 22:17 Julie
- Shritharan - do not lose hope or faith - we will never give up looking for Rambo and we will find him - everyone on here backs you 100% and we will all be working tirelessly to track the people responsible down and leave no stone unturned - To the people that have done this we are very close behind you and before long you will be held responsible for what you have done to this poor dog and his family so it is in your best interests to hand Rambo back to his owner immediately. Julie x
- 2012-08-05 16:50 janiejewel1649
- Shritharan. As has already been said. PLEASE SEEK LEGAL ADVICE.
- 2012-08-05 16:46 janiejewel1649
- Shritharam. I so agree with Tara H and Tigermouse. Please dont be disheartened and give up the quest to find the whereabouts of Rambo. This is what these scumbags want: dont let them win. If as you say he could be anywhere in the country I am quite willing to post in my area, if it will help (Central) B76) Keep fighting on. You know you have the support of DogLost and all of us who post on it.
- 2012-08-05 03:03 Tara H
- Thanks for posting an update Shritharan, I know its hard but dont give up hope. I agree with the other posters, you need to get legal advice since the police arent doing anything proactive. The only way this will be resolved is to be more assertive and angry, unfortunately when you are upset and sad this emotion is often hard to conjure up. What on earth this Natasha and co, think they are doing I dont know, I remember you saying they had reported you to the RSPCA and they came around and checked on Rambo, said all was ok and left. That should have been enough for them, the RSPCA would have taken him away if they thought you werent looking after him ok. I would hope if she is reading this, she thinks hard and looks at her actions. Sometimes we do things in the heat of the moment as we think its the right thing to do, But its not always and the thing is, it needs to be put right quickly now. Im sure if she phoned the DOG LOST number and spoke to the member of staff you could sort out a drop off point and a sort of amnesty type of scenario. Everyone just wants the best thing for Rambo which is to be at home with his family who he has grown up with
- 2012-08-04 21:21 Tigermouse
- I've been following this right from the beginning, Shritharan my heart goes out to you. I know it's been a while now since Rambo was taken but please don't ever give up hope that he will one day be reunited with you.
I urge you to seek legal help with this, with all the evidence you have you must surely have a case. If you're not sure on the best solicitor to approach then go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau and they will advise you on the best way to approach this. Also check out these people - http://www.thepetdetectives.com/ they should be able to help and advise.
Whatever you do, don't give up hope. Everyone on here is behind you 100% - think positive and you WILL get Rambo back. x
- 2012-08-04 15:59 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- i like the idea of the solicitor who may well be able to employ a private detective to follow any leads which of course shouldnt be mentioned on Rambo's facebook wall or on here.........................
also what about a reuptable pet detective agency in your area?? Would they be able to follow the details for you??
i also think posters dispalyed within your area with a description of the person/persons who tried to get you to sell Rambo might bring some positive info especially if there is a reward for the information; someone may be willing to "grass" on these culprits......................
would your local press /radio stations run the story for you?
i presume all the local vets are aware and have flyers on display again maybe you could amend these with this extra info about the people who wanted to buy him from you being added as you would appreciate info so you can eliminate them from the enquiry etc etc
Taxi drivers / milk men / delivery people / post men-women / paper boys-girls may all keep a look out for you and may have seen someone with a dog fitting Rambo's description
have you tried any communicators i have mentioned these many times before but they are often the key to getting a description of the area where the dog was taken or is now etc etc..................i have added the link to Rambo's facebook page previously and have this week been given a new person to try [ for Teddy the missing GSD & Spirit the stolen horse ] i will post this link for you aswell; this lady is £25 per animal communication which is very reasonable compared with some prices we have been quoted and you may just get the one piece of info you need!
sorry i cant be of much help so far away but i felt i had to comment; please dont ever give up you will find him with the help and support of the members here and his facebook group maybe that needs pushing a little more aswell onto other GSD groups and missing pet groups.............but he will be found please please think positive and dont ever give up hope :)
- 2012-08-04 15:36 AnnieSparky
- Have been following Rambos story from afar and am hoping so much these people who took this lovely dog realise what they have done is so so wrong.
As a matter of interest is this the same area where Mini Magda (thankfully reunited), Billy, Willow were presumed taken?
Legal advice could really help here as Julie mentioned.
Has the story been in the newspapers yet....like Mini magdas?
Thinking of you Shritharan and family....keep going.... though I am a long way from you if there is anything I can do such as signing petitions etc (as kolesy suggested) I will xxLast edited: 2012-08-04 15:59:06 by AnnieSparky
- 2012-08-04 15:07 Julie
- Hi Shritharan good to hear from you. Is this Natasha B still employed by Pepsico (Walkers) ? If so I do hope you are boycotting their products until this issue is resolved. I really feel it would be a good idea to get some legal advice either from solicitors local to you or the solicitor I mentioned in my earlier post - legal aid could be a possibility but you would need to ask the question of the legal profession. You have so much evidence and cctv these people should be summonsed to court to answer questions and return Rambo - it may be if this happened Rambo would get home and you would be awarded compensation for your loss and distress. There are also not that many people that walk around with pink hair. I am sure I speak for everyone on here that we are absolutely determined and will never rest until Rambo is back with his family where he belongs. Do let me know if there is any help I can give you. With all best wishes. Julie x
- 2012-08-04 15:01 KOLESY
- Wonder if someone could get petition started, We could all sign & send to Walkers to get her dismissed. Surely other staff wouldn't want to work with someone that goes round stealing other peoples pets. I cant stop thinking of Rambo as I have a beautiful 6year old German Shepherd like Rambo & know how much they bond with family. If this woman that stole Rambo is reading this please return him to his family & at least try to explain why you think you had the right to steal from & make this family so sad.
Last edited: 2012-08-04 15:02:43 by KOLESY
- 2012-08-04 14:42 Shritharan
- i haven't posted in a while because to be honest my hope of getting rambo back fades every day but this doesn't mean i don't care and i don't think about him every single day. All of the family miss him so so much but i think it is just natural as time goes by the hope and optimism at the start of the search has faltered. Information i had i didn't choose to reveal publicly but i think now the gloves are off. The woman behind this is an employee at Pepsico (specifically Walkers) in Brentwood, Essex. Her first name is Natasha and her surname starts with the letter B. she may not have physically taken Rambo from us but she definitely is behind this and knows the whereabouts of our boy. When she came to our shop to offer us £500 for Rambo she was accompanied by someone who i assume to be either her twin sister/sister/relative/ or friend. The accomplice has distinctive pink dyed hair and was the main person who was adamant about buying Rambo of us and to be honest seemed to be way the more dominating of the two and it was as if the Walkers Rep Natasha was listening to what she was saying more. The company Pepsico have internally investigated this issue and she has undergone a hearing within her company and has been described by people i have talked to that know her as being 'weird' and also in the weeks leading up to Rambo's theft it has come to my knowledge that she has been talking about Rambo with her staff members. A lot of coincidences eh? Natasha B is from the Billericay area but that does not mean Rambo may or may not be in that area as i assume she has moved him elsewhere. Which means Rambo could be anywhere in the UK. I am sorry i haven't posted once again and i am so so grateful for everyone's help and sheer determination in getting our boy back it really has touched my heart how much you guys care thank you all so so much. its been about two and a half months now and Natasha B you may think you were doing the right thing but you really weren't you are pathetic scum and karma will get you. God is watching and what goes around comes around you cruel, cruel person. Last edited: 2012-08-06 20:36:44 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-08-03 18:50 Julie
- I have been thinking further on this and there is nothing to stop the owner seeking legal advice and bringing a prosecution with the evidence he has - it may well be he would be entitled to legal aid to do so. There is a very good solicitor, Nigel Weller based in Lewes, East Sussex who deals with criminal law and also takes on legal aid cases so I feel it would be well worth giving him a call on 01273 487123 and discussing with him what has happened here and getting his advice - then the culprits can answer to the courts and be forced to return Rambo to his rightful home. The police are not the only people that can bring cases to court. I would be more than happy to meet with the owner and help him all I can. Rambo is constantly in my thoughts and of course his owner. Julie x
- 2012-08-03 15:36 Julie
- I still think the police should be badgered to do something - the evidence is clear to see as the owner has recognised these people on the CCTV and identified them as the same who offered money for Rambo. Has anyone contacted this woman's employers (Walkers) I doubt they would want to employ a thief ? The police are just not bothered to do anything if that was someone's child it would have been cleared up the same day. The fact is these people have committed an offence (stealing) and need to be made accountable as any other common thief would i.e shoplifting the store detective would identify them in the same way the owner of Rambo has so it is not good enough for the police to say they can do no more. I am sure the owner is losing hope and I feel so desperately sorry for him but if the people who have Rambo are looking at this we will never give up looking for him and you should bring him back to his owners immediately - what gives you the right to judge someone and then steal in this way people doing this in other countries have their hands cut off for stealing and if I had my way all the thieves in this country would do too. Julie.
- 2012-08-03 11:14 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Bumped a little due to this new info.
- 2012-08-03 10:49 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Okay, police did call at house but only asked them to come in voluntarily. They did not. Owner said police can do nothing more because whilst these people tried to buy him, they cannot prove they actually took him, although owner recognises them from the CCTV, the police cannot. The woman who offered money worked for Walkers and came into the shop under that pretence (which has been addressed). This is all I can advise. Wish owner would post. Think he is losing hope as I have contacted him. x
- 2012-08-01 10:43 Sue
- A long shot but it's worth checking this dog, it was mentioned on Encasa's page http://www.wirral.gov.uk/wirraldogs/Detail.asp?DogsID=7184
- 2012-07-30 21:52 Julie
- Police dragging their heels is an understatement - Rambo has now been missing for two months ! I just so wish they would do something to help get Rambo home they obviously are aware of who has done this and just can't be bothered. I feel so desperately sorry for Rambo and his owners it is cruelty in the extreme to do this to Rambo and his owners. I keep looking on here hoping for good news but still nothing. My thoughts and prayers are with Rambo and his family. Julie
- 2012-07-30 16:39 Tara H
- Thanks for the information Kimmybear. Makes sense about removing the info in case it messes up the police investigation. Although I do think they are dragging their heels on this, if it was a car they would be straight round the persons house. Well lets hope Rambo is found soon.....xx
- 2012-07-30 12:14 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Owner put a couple of details on this site when this first happened that were removed due to police investigation. Only a couple. However, that name has cropped up. So, if someone knows something, it is hoped they will come forward. Remember the areas that we are looking at in Essex. Hope something will ring a bell with someone. x
- 2012-07-29 23:34 Tara H
- I have followed this case since the start and feel for the owner obviously. I have read the recent comments etc, and can not find any Natasha B in the comments, have they been removed ?
- 2012-07-28 22:38 Julie
- Hornchurch rescue have posted on Rambo's facebook page - another GSD has come into the pound. I believe they are asking the owner to contact them ASAP - so hoping Rambo turns up soon and good luck with these dogs. Best wishes. Julie x
- 2012-07-28 22:19 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks everyone. Advising owner. x
- 2012-07-27 10:16 dogzr4me
this dog looks remarkabley similar have blown both pictures up and looks like same markings paws crossed
Max the German Shepherd is looking for a foster carer or permanent home.
Max is 7 years old and is brilliant with humans of all ages from toddlers upwards. Max cannot be homed near cats and is said to be dog aggressive though he exhibited no signs of this at the Sanctuary. He is now in boarding kennels, and pines for a real home. Max is a dear boy with a lot of love to give but he is strong and needs an experienced home, ideally in the country. Please give Max a home. Please contact Roxies rescue admin for more information on Max.
- 2012-07-27 07:52 Tobys Mum
- Please can you have a look at the dog Found/sighted 41598. It is not really that far away for a stolen dog and it has obviously been out for some time xx
- 2012-07-25 20:27 janiejewel1649
- Hope Rambo is found soon. Such a worry for his owners.
- 2012-07-21 20:00 Julie
- I feel so strongly about this what sort of message does it send out to people thinking of helping themselves to other peoples animals - just help yourself and nothing will be done as the police can't be bothered ! I am more than willing to write to the police if you would let me know the crime number etc. although they may still take no notice as of course I am not the owner but if you would like me to please let me know. It would also be a good idea to copy any correspondence to the Police Complaints Commission. I assume Natasha B knows something about this so if she has a decent bone in her body she will ensure Rambo is back home without any more delay you are being very cruel to this poor dog and his family. Julie x
- 2012-07-21 17:49 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Natasha B, its about time Rambo got home!
- 2012-07-21 17:48 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Yes, I think Julie is right. You really need to keep on at police - this is not good enough. They need to bring these people in for questioning!
- 2012-07-18 21:06 Julie
- Have you tried badgering the police again and maybe writing to a senior officer it is just not good enough that nothing seems to be being done and at the end of the day a crime has been committed maybe they need to be pushed. If it was me I would be contacting the papers about the lack of help from the authorities who are supposed to be there to solve crime and protect the community they serve - we are paying their wages ! I suppose they think if they just ignore these things people will give up. I am constantly searching rescue sites and my local area for Rambo and feel so sad that he is still missing. Wishing, praying, hoping some good news soon. Julie x
- 2012-07-18 17:20 SanBarn
- I have spoken with Sai and the dog at K9 search is not Rambo, sadly. The search continues...... xx
- 2012-07-18 11:56 SanBarn
- Sai,can you check out the found dog on Rambos'FB? Unless there is something specific that will rule out this dog being Rambo? This dog has lost a lot of weight but the markings do resemble Rambos'. A visit may be worthwhile even though it's some distance away. xx
- 2012-07-17 21:38 sophiesuds
- Have been looking on the net for various german shepherd rescues and would suggest you take a look at Garbos GSD rescue and Vigilgsdrescue as both are not that far from you. Have many dogs looking for rehoming but also ones that have recently been rehomes, which I think look similar to Rambo. As he hasn't been microchipped could any of them possibly be him. Worth a look as only you will recognise him. Maybe even send his details to them for them to help keep their eyes open for him, especially in respect of the awful circumstances. Hope you find him.
- 2012-07-17 12:21 dekkaann
- Never ever trust a photo, always go and check out a dog yourself.
A photo is no proof, if taken in the wrong light
or the wrong angle a photo may bear no resemblance to the actual animal.
Never leave it to chance, I have known several cases where a mistake was made.
This is a very sad case, I do hope this lovely lad comes home.
- 2012-07-17 02:14 Tigermouse
- Fingers crossed here too that this is Rambo - please let it be him xx
- 2012-07-16 23:25 SanBarn
- Come on,let this be Rambo,time he was home where he belongs.xx
- 2012-07-16 22:30 Julie
- Everything tightly crossed that it is Rambo - weeks keep passing by there must be some happy news soon, please. Julie x
- 2012-07-16 22:06 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Bumped to a sighting in kennels on facebook. Owner checking out.
- 2012-07-11 22:07 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks Lis.x
- 2012-07-09 10:31 Lis
- Has anyone contacted Maggies Pet Rescue, specialises in GSD's. Based near Basildon in Essex, but rehomes her dogs from a base in Waltham Abbey. Worth a try? Link to web page here: http://www.maggiespetrescue.co.uk/
- 2012-07-09 06:26 scootjockey
- How Dreadfull I feel Ive just read a horror story. Shritharan your working so hard and doing all you possibly can to find Rambo its not easy to do do when your broken hearted. Hope and pray hes home with his family soon. Hopefully the police have these dog robbers screwed down tightly while they continue to investigate! And to the ladies who done this your crazy youve a screw lose! give the dog back hes not yours.Sorry all I cant be civilised towards a dog theif, they are what they are. Good luck finding Rambo stolen Tays mum x
- 2012-07-09 02:22 Shritharan
- Hornchurch rescue thank you for taking your time out and trying to help us its really appreciated so much...However as was said by by doglady Rambo has ears that stick up and this lovely GSD does not. Also Rambo has darker cheeks and darker eyes. Also the way this dog barks is different to how Rambo normally barks also. However as kimmybear said dogs can look different after some time and i'm pretty sure this is not Rambo it would be great if there was more pictures or videos of this GSD? Has this GSD got a distinctive dry scab on his right/left elbow? Thanks for all the responses everybody and all the help it's been six weeks now we miss our boy so much :( please bring Rambo back
- 2012-07-09 01:19 mummy2dogz
- 2012-07-08 22:20 doglady
- I think you will find that the dog on FB has soft ears they do not stand up in other words and it is not because the dog on FB his holding them down if you look they are permanent and would not stand up.
- 2012-07-08 22:04 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Oh, Lizzy, Rambo's owner has just told me - we have to go to the rescue site then click on the facebook page. Its on there. I had to look a few times, but the markings look the same. Owners says he looks different, but I've told him to double check as they can look different after whatever's happened to them. Take a look. xxx
- 2012-07-08 21:55 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Couldn't see it either
- 2012-07-08 21:50 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Can't see him on a video? Have I gone a bit mad, or had it gone off the site?
- 2012-07-08 21:41 Tigermouse
- Have been following this since the beginning. Keeping fingers crossed here that this dog is Rambo and he is soon back home with his loving family.
- 2012-07-08 21:28 debbie 63
- Please let us no the outcome if Rambo x
- 2012-07-08 21:14 Julie
- Hornchurch Rescue well done on all you do and spotting this poor boy in the Council Pound - please keep him safe whether it is Rambo or not. I do see he has some problems but he deserves to be given a chance there must be someone out there that can help him if it turns out not to be Rambo. Julie x
- 2012-07-08 21:06 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Please hold on to the dog I have texted owner and believe he is contacting you. On tenterhooks here. Thank you so much. x
- 2012-07-08 02:36 Tara H
- I hope Rambos owner gets back in touch with you asap ! God bless the GSD as to whatever happens......xxxxx
- 2012-07-08 01:07 HornchurchRescue
- Please check our Facebook page and a video of a GSD we are desperately trying to help before he is put to sleep under council care. It may be Rambo. He was found in the Dagenham and Redbridge area. Its difficult to age him as he is in quite bad health/condition. It would help if we knew if Rambo was neutered. This boy is not. I have sent a message to the owner via the Find Rambo Facebook page and will text asking them to get in touch urgently http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=498523933496170&fb_source=message
- 2012-07-07 22:55 Julie
- Yet another week goes by and still Rambo is not home. Authorities needs to get their act together and sort this out once and for all. I find this so upsetting poor Rambo being kept from his family by very misguided people. IF YOU HAVE RAMBO PLEASE DO THE HONEST AND DECENT THING AND GIVE HIM BACK TO HIS FAMILY. Julie
- 2012-07-07 22:33 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Jem has been postering well. Many thanks! x
- 2012-07-04 04:46 Shritharan
- Thank you everyone who is still spreading the word about Rambo's theft it really is keeping us going and keeping us strong. Everyone helping has been brilliant and it really means a lot to us spreading the poster on the internet and in areas you live is the best option because hopefully someone somewhere would have seen Rambo. I can't believe it's been more than 5weeks now and we miss Rambo so so soo much. Please the people who have him just return him to us please don't be stubborn just do the right thing and return him please. Thank you everyone for your responses and help.
- 2012-06-30 20:55 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you both. Face book is called "Find Rambo". JemHarvs, that would actually be very good, a few round the centre may help. Its not a million miles away and he had been taken somewhere, so someone will know. Thank you. x
- 2012-06-29 22:39 Julie
- Kim I totally agree I cannot understand the thinking behind what these people have done as if they truely cared about dogs they most certainly would not have taken him away like this. It is just too cruel for words. I am looking out all the time for him and I am sure he will turn up somewhere but of course the very best thing would be if the people that have him would do the decent thing and arrange to get him back to his family this I am sure can be arranged through a third party, i.e. Dogs Lost, vets, etc. If you are reading this and you have Rambo PLEASE PLEASE send him back to his owners it is clear they are heartbroken and I am sure Rambo feels the same. Julie
- 2012-06-29 21:49 JemHarvs
- Hi there, following your story and have retweeted and bombarded lots of celebs tonight so I hope that helps!! Tried to access the Facebook page so
I could do it on there too as know a lot of doggy people that will also circulate, but don't seem to have luck with fb, is address below right?
Hope your little man comes back soon, its upsetting me and he's not even my boy. Will put some posters up for you around my area (Chelmsford) but u never know? praying for Rambos safe return x
- 2012-06-29 21:20 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Riverlady, that is lovely. Thank you SO much. x Julie, I know. These idiots just don't realise what they're doing - dogs can be heartbroken too! I wish the police would just deal with them now! Rambo has his face book page. We just need to keep sharing and supporting owners. I must say, I feel really frustrated by this, I just want to get out there and find him. They say patience is a virtue - so hope it is in this case. We must keep searching and postering for this sweet boy. Cruel, despicable thing to do to a dog.
- 2012-06-29 08:32 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Copy of tweet.....Who has RAMBO ? GSD STOLEN http://bit.ly/LHzZyW #Essex #UK #findrambo Plz RT ...........which is being circulated every few hours....until everyone knows Rambo's face.....the tweet counter does not count all the tweets on twitter....which is now in the thousands and being retweeted by lots every hour.
- 2012-06-28 23:52 Julie
- OK I do understand but feel so sorry for the owners and also the poor dog who has been with them all his life - I have GSDs myself and they are incredibly bonded with their owners so I am sure Rambo will be distressed and needs to be back with his family ASAP. Julie x
- 2012-06-28 23:35 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I know Julie. Police have contacted these people and we are also aware they may be reading this, so we are still are pleading for them to do the right thing and return Rambo.
- 2012-06-28 22:04 Julie
- Why are the police so slow to do anything if they have identified people they suspected were involved why do they need more evidence ? I thought they had CCTV etc. Quite honestly if the police did things a bit quicker then people stealing dogs would think twice about doing so. I find it so frustrating and I expect the response from the police is to say "it is just a dog" ! Never mind the upset and distress that is caused to the owners having a much loved member of the family taken from them. Sorry but it makes me furious. Julie
- 2012-06-26 09:28 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Still circulating Rambo on twitter......someone , somewhere will recognize...stay strong.
- 2012-06-26 03:55 Shritharan
- It's been four weeks since you were stolen from us and not a minute goes by when we aren't thinking about you Rambo. We miss you so so much. We miss your funny ways and your handsome face. We got you at 13 months only planning on keeping you temporarily but you won us over and instantly became family. 8 years have gone by so quickly with you in our lives and I can't believe you were cruelly stolen from us shattering our family. The family still can't get over this and how empty life is without you. I remember the first day i met you as a 16 year old boy who had a huge phobia of dogs and I would even cross the road if there was a small puppy near me but that fear soon went away when i realised the companionship and love a dog shows to its family. Not a second goes by without us thinking what you are doing right now Rambo. We hope you are eating properly and warm and comfortable. You've got a booster jab that is now overdue. Please Please Please whoever has Rambo please return him to us. He is our family and been with us all these years. It's Rambo that's being hurt the most by all of this and its not fair on him whatsoever. Please contact doglost anonymously and organise a mutual understanding between all of us. Please bring Rambo back to us Please. On behalf of my family and friends I would like to thank Doglost and Kim and everyone else who have taken their time to help us we appreciate it so much you are all wonderful people. Thank you
- 2012-06-24 11:48 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Rambo is due for his vets visit and jabs this week. So please, whoever has him, you need to take him to a vet. Thank you. x
- 2012-06-23 13:20 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Police located some individuals suspected to be involved but we do not know the details. More evidence is needed before an any arrest can be made, so please keep looking for this precious boy. He could be anywhere now. Please can you all add to our twittering for this baby, if you have twitter. Thank you. xLast edited: 2012-06-23 13:23:43 by Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-06-20 19:42 Julie
- I'm so sorry to see that Rambo is still missing I keep hoping I will log on and find him in the blue. Have the Police not done anything to help you seeing as you have the CCTV ? To the people that took Rambo please do the decent thing and give him back to his family who he must be missing desperately. Julie.
- 2012-06-20 14:58 Shritharan
- keep posting and spreading the word guys its been more than 3 weeks now and we still miss Rambo so much. We just want him home someone out there must have seen him somewhere!? any info is great!! and please if you are the people who took Rambo contact doglost or someone else anonymously and give him back to us please! You have misunderstood a situation taking matters into your own hands and made a horrible mistake please bring Rambo back to us
- 2012-06-19 22:42 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- still circulating on twitter.
- 2012-06-19 21:37 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- We are still searching for this boy. Please keep posting. Thank you. x
- 2012-06-16 13:54 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- You are all doing brilliantly. Well done! Come on Rambo, where are you precious? x
- 2012-06-15 09:39 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Rambo's FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/480075662006457/ - "FIND RAMBO"
- 2012-06-15 09:15 Jill "GSD lady" Murfin
- I've share the poster with as many GSD groups on Facebook as i possibly can do and within minutes this morning the page was being shared and shared again.
Sorry i cant do more to help im near Blackpool in Lancashire.
A lady has commented on Rambo's FB wall called Sindra Clairvoyant - - - she has been very helpful with info in a stolen horse saga and she has asked Rambo's owner to message her and i am sure she will help in locating him if she possibly can do so please try and contact her; she works from photos and in person and is in the Norfolk area.
- 2012-06-15 09:01 Shritharan
- Thank you so much SanBarn i saw your posters in the golf course car park yesterday! Thank you so so much for taking the time and effort it really touched the whole family Thank You!!
- 2012-06-14 17:00 SanBarn
- I've postered around the Fairlop golf course and next to the pay machines in the carpark,also put posters through the doors of a row of houses in Forest road that back on to the golf course.Left poster with little garden centre/flower shop next to the golf course in Forest road and it's been pinned up on the door behind the counter for all to see. xx
- 2012-06-14 14:32 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Owners and helpers have been postering golf courses in the area, just in case. Shritharan, I think it was probably a member of the public that called in as they often do, when they see a dog and posters. Keep going, you are doing well. x
- 2012-06-13 23:43 Shritharan
- is there any more info spotted on the dog wandering forest rd? was the dog by himself? any other specific information??
- 2012-06-13 23:34 Shritharan
- Sherlock Bones, who saw the dog on forest road and when?
- 2012-06-13 23:05 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Rambo's got a Face Book now too! Lots of people coming on board. x
- 2012-06-13 22:25 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Okay, well said Jotty! Let's go folks! Could this be Rambo - let loose? Everyone poster asap! Thank you. x
- 2012-06-13 22:20 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Still circulating on twitter now widening search to #UK
- 2012-06-13 14:13 Sherlock Bones-POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- We've been notified of a similar dog wandering by the golf course nr Forest Rd. In case this is Rambo, can we please check posters are up in this area?
- 2012-06-12 09:11 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- It is disappointing to say the least that there has seemingly been no progress despite all the information at the police's disposal - far more than a lot of cases. Work going on behind the scenes with Doglost & contacts so fingers crossed that helps moves things forward.
As others have said already, in an appeal to the women who are suspected of the theft of Rambo - Please ladies, contact Doglost in confidence. If you did take Rambo, you have committed a crime, but not only that you have turned a family upside down and have taken Rambo from his home of 8 years, taken him from the people who have loved and cared for him, taken him from his own bed, from his own home and surroundings - all things that were of comfort to him and where he BELONGS. However well meaning you MAY have been, I hope you can now see, after the RSPCA's visit confirming Rambo was well cared for and the efforts Rambo's family are going to, and heartache that you have caused them, that your good intentions were somewhat misguided. It is not too late to do the right thing now and return Rambo to his owners. How would you feel if someone cast aspertions on your care of a pet, a member of your family, and then cruely stole that pet? Something tells me you wouldn't be best pleased and would be out of your mind. And how would your pet feel? He/she would wonder, 'where's mum?' So put yourself in Rambo and Rambo's family's shoes and this time do the RIGHT thing please.
And if you were not involved if the theft, please get in touch so you can be eliminated and focus can be placed elsewhere in getting Rambo home as currently you are the main suspects given your previous actions.
- 2012-06-11 23:03 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Yes Kolesey there are. We are trying to get permission from police to share these. However, it is a long drawn out process. Owner is trying to set up FB page.
- 2012-06-11 22:49 KOLESY
- Is there any photos from cctv of people that took him? Can these not be shared. If they can be found hopefully Rambo would still be with them. Someone must know where these people are. Really feel for you as I dont know how I would cope if someone took my dog.
- 2012-06-10 18:50 Shritharan
- hi guys. There isn't really any more news police are still conducting their investigations. It's been two weeks today and it's really upsetting the whole family miss him like crazy its so surreal. Keep spreading the word guys hopefully someone will see Rambo somewhere and bring him home to us. Thanks for the support guys
- 2012-06-08 22:47 Tara H
- Any more news from the owner with an update at all ???
- 2012-06-08 15:16 Abbalish
- Sadly Passey Place vets say the dog they have isn't Rambo, he is a gsd x rottie.
- 2012-06-08 14:44 Abbalish
- Passey Place vets,SE9 have found a GSD, its unlikely to be Rambo, as dog is pretty thin so prob been 'straying' for more than 2 weeks but I have sent them a link to this page.
- 2012-06-05 16:00 janiejewel1649
- liz. Sorry your dog is missing too. All xd for his safe return. Come on Rambo, your family need you back. Good luck both.
- 2012-06-05 02:27 liz
- Shritharan, my thoughts are with you. I do believe Rambo will be home with you. Everyone is on the look out. My dog disappeared over 6 weeks ago and I am heartbroken so I know what you are going through. Best wishes xxxx
- 2012-06-04 20:20 Julie
- Thinking of you and praying for Rambo's return. Julie x
- 2012-06-04 19:59 janiejewel1649
- All xd for the safe return of lovely Rambo.
- 2012-06-04 17:55 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks Shritharan. Worth a try. Let's hope police go and pick up Rambo now. x
- 2012-06-03 21:31 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- We are still working on this Shritharan. I emailed you today, can youread and let me know any thoughts? Thanks. Have yo been doing a sit in at the police station? What are they saying/doing? x
- 2012-06-03 14:54 Shritharan
- It's been a week guys please keep sharing and spreading the word. someone must have seen Rambo somewhere! I really hope he's ok and he's eating properly...miss u so much boy come back!!
- 2012-06-02 23:09 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Sanzie, I don't have your mobile personally. If you can text me on 07867 308672, I will text you back. xxx
- 2012-06-02 21:36 Julie
- Just a thought - have you contacted German Shepherd Rescue just in case he is handed in somewhere they are countrywide so I am sure would keep a good look out for him. Thinking of you and praying for Rambo's return. Julie x
- 2012-06-02 13:31 Shritharan
- Sanzie I would be very grateful if you could put posters wherever you can. I have not put any in wanstead park. The more people who know what to look out for the better, and as you say it may jog someones memory from the day he was taken. Thanks for your help!
- 2012-06-02 11:09 Sanzie
- Kimmybear, could you phone my mobile if you'd like me to do this as not always connected to PC.
- 2012-06-02 11:03 Sanzie
- I live just down the road to Sri; have you put posters in Wanstead Park? If not I can put some at several entrances & in tea hut. Someone else might have seen these scum in this area.
- 2012-06-02 03:17 Shritharan
- miss you so much boy another night and your not here..
- 2012-06-01 18:51 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Let's hope police will allow the release of the CCTV. x
- 2012-06-01 15:00 Shritharan
- thanks everyone again for the support and comments. Keep spreading the word guys!! Thank you
- 2012-06-01 14:48 Shritharan
- Tara H well said!! these people may have an impression in the brief time they saw Rambo that he is being mis-treated but how can they judge and go to these extremes on that! If we were treating him bad wouldn't we just cut our losses and not bother with anything to try and get him back? We are spending every minute of our time thinking about Rambo. We are doing anything possible to try and get him back. Are we going through all these measures to try get him back just so we can treat him cruelly? NO! We love Rambo to bits, 8 years he's been with us and you people that have taken him have ripped a hole in our family. Please if you have him just return him to us through DOGLOST or other people. We just want him home please
- 2012-05-31 23:56 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Well done, everyone! Keep sharing and we will find this baby! To those who took him, it would be prudent to hand him in, safely and anonymously into a local vets in the Redbridge area rather than be arrested as criminals. This is your chance do do the right thing.
- 2012-05-31 21:13 Julie
- I am so sorry for you these people are very misguided I have 2 GSDs myself and they are so bonded with their family and that is where they need to be. I am praying for him to be returned to you and I will keep a look out I am in Mid Sussex but you just never know. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Julie x.
- 2012-05-31 20:55 janiejewel1649
- All xd for the safe return of Rambo. Hope everybody makes him "Too hot to handle"
- 2012-05-31 20:13 Tara H
- Good news about the paper, especially the front page as said by others.
Just a thought to the people who did take him ( the people who also called the RSPCA).... if you aare reading this... do you REALLY think that if the owners were mistreating him that they would get a paper to run a story which may lead themselves open to scutiny by everyone. Personally I would think they cared about their pet and maybe you have misinterepted how the dog has been treated. Im sure if you rang the head office at Dog Lost confidentially and spoke to someone, it could all be cleared up. Also you maybe could explain why you thought you had no choice in taking him. We are all dog lovers here and this Im sure could be sorted out amicably with the best result for RAMBO !
- 2012-05-31 16:34 jobadger
- Well done for getting him on the front page! Let's hope he's home very soon. xx
- 2012-05-31 16:26 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Front page is excellent news !
- 2012-05-31 12:24 SanBarn
- I've just picked up the Ilford recorder from the Tesco store at Gallows corner,excellent FRONT PAGE story on Rambo. Well done, this will get him noticed far and wide as the Ilford recorder goes well beyond Ilford.xx
- 2012-05-31 10:25 Lisa123
- Have put your lovely boy on Twitter as have some followers in that area. I'm sure he will be home soon as you have some great people on here helping x
- 2012-05-31 09:40 PA
- Hi Shritharan, i so hope & pray that your beautiful boy is home soon with your family where he belongs. Who ever they are that have him i do hope they have a heart & return him or if not that they are caught & the police deal with them. Rambo's got a beautiful gentle face & he sooo needs to be back home with you where he belongs. Good luck hope for good news very soon. PA.
- 2012-05-31 08:56 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- Great, he's in the Ilford Recorder today, article link below, will bump him up to the top....
- 2012-05-30 23:26 Shritharan
- it should be on the ILFORD RECORDER maybe tomorrow i'm hoping! seriously thank you guys so much the more people that know about Rambo and spread the word the better i truly appreciate this so much. It really is difficult as our day to day lives are totally different now without him. Everyone is trying to be strong and trying to be normal but inside our hearts we're breaking just looking at pictures and thinking about his cheeky antics brings us to tears he really was a personality! Once again thank you doglost, kimmybear and everyone that's posted and taken time out to try and help you do not understand how grateful we really are. Keep posting and sharing guys thanks a lot. i will be asking the police tomorrow about circulating the cctv aswell
- 2012-05-30 23:05 jacqueline
- i don't live in the area but have shared on my facebook . hope you find him soon. some people are so mean
- 2012-05-30 22:57 KOLESY
- Have only just seen this & really feel for you as I have a German Shepherd & know how attached they get to family. I dont live near you but will share on my facebook page & groups I belong to. Have you tried contacting Daily Papers maybe they could put a piece in & maybe photo from camera of these people that have taken him. You need to to get word out about Rambo as far as possible cos if not local could be anywhere. Hope hes home safe soon.
- 2012-05-30 22:55 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Sherlock is on the case now too. Crime number received from owner. Let's get this baby home where he belongs. x
- 2012-05-30 21:44 unicornleathersaddlery
- I've pasted it on my facebook and on the Horse & Hound forum, let's hope someone sees it who has seen him or knows where he is, hope he's back soon.
- 2012-05-30 20:22 SanBarn
- I'll get posters into the Romford and Hornchurch areas xx
- 2012-05-30 14:15 Jayne - Head Office
- Thats great news...do let us know when the story will be in and which paper so we can put on our newspage and bump Rambo.
- 2012-05-30 14:04 Shritharan
- seriously thank you guys SO SO SO MUCH for all the help and support you've given us it really means a lot that the word is spreading about Rambo. The local newspaper came today morning as well. Keep spreading the word guys thank you
- 2012-05-30 13:47 CopperM
- Poster emailed to 30+ private contacts in Brentwood area...
- 2012-05-30 13:39 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you, both. xxx
- 2012-05-30 13:31 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Rambo is being circulated on twitter.
- 2012-05-30 11:02 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- No time to do story, but have sent link to page over to Ilford Recorder news desk.
- 2012-05-30 10:36 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Please will everyone share this baby on FB and Twitter. (Thank you Astralhaze). Owner has so much information on this theft and is having a hard time with police. This is such a cruel thing to do to an old dog, who is simply old, not uncared for.
- 2012-05-30 01:15 Astralhaze
- Shared on Face book and Biggsd
- 2012-05-29 22:03 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- As a note, sometimes people think dogs are not being looked after very well when it is simply that the dog is old, and as such it needs to live out the rest of its life in the same home with the same family it knows. The thieves may think they have acted out of charity, but may in actual fact, have dealt the cruellest blow to an old dog whose heart could be breaking for his family. But, as I said, I do not know the facts so please, if you do know, contact us in confidence.
- 2012-05-29 21:53 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I wish we could establish the reason these women would offer £500 for Rambo in the first place. If they have taken him because they feel, in some way, he will be better off with them, I would suggest that taking an old GSD from its lifetime home, is not the answer. Obviously I am only guessing as I do not know anymore than anyone else reading this, but if there is an issue here, then this is NOT the way to deal with it. I would like these women to contact us, confidentially, so that we can discuss the matter and figure out the issue behind this. So, if anyone is reading this, or has information, please do contact DogLost on 0844 800 3220. We are here for the dogs and their caring owners. Please let's make this right. Thank you.
- 2012-05-29 18:27 Shritharan
- Thank you so much CopperM really great help, New information that they may be in the Brentwood area in Essex so please keep an eye out and keep spreading the word in both areas!!
- 2012-05-29 17:49 CopperM
- Have emailed 20+ private contact in Southend area.... Good Luck!
- 2012-05-29 12:27 Shritharan
- local paper has been notified and yes we have a crime number
- 2012-05-29 12:25 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Have you got a CRIME number not an incident number? You need a CRIME one! x
- 2012-05-29 12:25 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Owners, go to the local paper and get them to do a story! You are doing so well! Keep going! It will work! x
- 2012-05-29 09:37 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- Great you have loads of posters at the ready, as you say, plaster them everywhere! If you have not had an update from the police, give the officer in charge of the case a call. They seem to have a good few leads in this case - CCTV, contact details via the RSPCA complaint etc, so I would have thought they should have something to update you on by now.
Have you only seen these ladies once before - on the day they offered the £500 and then made the complaint?
- 2012-05-29 02:25 Shritharan
- The police said they are investigating the incident. Tara the RSPCA lady even told the two woman the day that they offered £500 cash for Rambo that we are treating Rambo perfectly fine and there is nothing wrong at all. These two women got told by the proper authorities that there is no mistreatment of Rambo at all BUT they could not accept this fact!! They did not listen to anything i was saying all they wanted to do was to 'rescue' a perfectly happy dog from his family. Every single person i have talked to about this with is shocked. I can't believe how selfish they really are. They took it upon themselves to go out and take matters into their own hands and brazenly steal a family pet during broad daylight. There is definitely something wrong in their heads. I'm pretty sure they are not locals as all of the locals know who Rambo is. We have printed out tons of posters and have been handed out to the local businesses and i'm basically going to plaster them everywhere. There is a reward of £250 also.
- 2012-05-29 01:34 Tara H
- What did the police say ? Were they very helpful at all ? Could you get still images of the people who took him (from the CCTV ), to help the police with their enquiries. If they contacted the RSPCA and they visited you and Rambo, and said everything was ok etc, why on earth did they still want to take him....I reckon they must live local to you. I would also put on posters.... words to the effect of REWARD FOR INFORMATION, that way other locals may give you an indication where the people may live. Which may help you find Rambo. Also I assume you have a shop, you could leave some mini posters/leaflets out and give them to customers. Someone must know these people and where Rambo is
Good luck !
- 2012-05-28 23:00 Shritharan
- If the people that have taken Rambo is reading this PLEASE JUST RETURN HIM TO US. You don't know what his needs are you don't know his likes and dislikes. YOU DON'T KNOW RAMBO. you have devastated our whole family. please just return him.
- 2012-05-28 17:08 Shritharan
- not sure where exactly in the area Jo!
- 2012-05-28 16:41 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- Any idea where in the Southend area possibly?
If the police do not/are not taking this seriously keep following up with them and let us know if you need further assistance with that.
Admin - please can Rambo's poster go out to Southend postcodes (SS0 - SS3 is Southend and nearest areas).
- 2012-05-28 14:51 Abbalish
- Report has been made at BDCH, ref 291602
- 2012-05-28 13:12 Shritharan
- Rambo could possibly be in the southend area or other affluent essex areas. Yes there is CCTV behind the shop aswell. I am just hoping the police do take this seriously and help us. No one can sleep in our household and we all feel empty i can't describe in words the devastation this has caused
- 2012-05-28 09:27 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Is there CCTV on the road behind the shop? They probably bundled him into a car, so might be able to get a registration number. If they took him away on foot, surely someone must have seen them walking him down the road, so as Tara H has said, get up loads of posters!! Good luck x
- 2012-05-28 09:20 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- Hi Shritharan, what an awful thing to happen - I appreciate it must be VERY upsetting, but stay strong and focus on things to do to help get Rambo home. Get lots of posters up around the area.
Good to hear police are investigating, I presume they have issued you with a crime reference number. Also, just a thought, but when the lady contacted the RSPCA, she may well have left her details and a contact number with them - they often give that option to allow feedback to be given. The police should be able to get that information if that is the case and get in touch with the lady to see if she had any involvement in the theft, which given the chain of events, sounds highly probable.
- 2012-05-28 07:33 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- I'm afraid I am too far away to help, but wondered if you could get your local paper to run a story on this? Really hope you get him back soon x
- 2012-05-28 03:21 Shritharan
- thanks for your response tara. we have contacted the police and they are investigating there is cctv of them. the reason they offered money for Rambo was that they thought he looked unhappy and they called the RSPCA. The RSPCA woman came in to investigate and she was perfectly happy with how we are looking after Rambo as we have done since he was 13months old when we took him in after his previous owners could not cope with him and he is literally our member of family. The women could not accept this and took matters into their own hands. They have seen Rambo once and came up with an assumption that he is not happy what they don't see is a lifetime of companionship and love that we have given him. they may feel that they are doing Rambo favor but this is far from the truth and it is completely and utterly selfish. I do not want to imagine what Rambo is thinking right now because it literally brings me to tears. Rambo is probably thinking his own family has abandoned him and he has done something wrong. We just want him back home. I'm sorry for this long response it's just a truly upsetting situation that i don't know how to deal with. If you ladies that took Rambo are reading this please have a heart and return him back home to us.
- 2012-05-28 02:24 Tara H
Although Im sure the helpers will be in touch. I would reposrt this to the police if the dog was def stolen and get a crime reference number. Also do you have any CCTV in the shop, even from when they approached you last time and asked you to sell the dog. Its a bit odd they offered that much as well. Is there any reason why you think they should steal the dog at all ? Get lots of posters up around your area, as I can imagine the 3 are locals to your shop. Good luck in finding him
- 2012-05-27 22:34 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in all IG postcodes.
- 2012-05-27 20:52
- Sorry to see that RAMBO STOLEN is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.