Lost: Rusty Red Cross Breed Male In North West (LA12)
- Dog ID 39607
- Status Lost
- Registered 18 May 2012
- Name ENCASA
- Breed Cross Breed
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Rusty Red
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 18 May 2012
- Where Lost Bardsea Estuary, last seen crossing the Estuary, heading towards Cartmell Sands
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area LA12
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info 7 years old. He is the size of a large collie, looking like a small GSD, almost fox like, with a wirey red coat and large ears. MICROCHIPPED and NEUTERED. He is a SPANISH RESCUE dog and VERY VERY NERVOUS, he is unlikely to approach strangers or allow himself to be caught. ** PLEASE RING A NUMBER BELOW IF SIGHTED*** If picked up he should be reported to the Council Dog Warden (which is the LAW)
- Phone 1 07969 560688
- Phone 2 01229 861176
- Reward? SUBSTANTIAL
- Listed By emma d
- Views 15418
- See more dogs Lost in LA12
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-27 23:26 Scruffpot
- 2012-08-31 22:55 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Heidi - there is another dog missing not far from here that does have a stripe on her head Holly 42580 - have you seen her?
- 2012-08-29 21:34 Heidi
- Does this dog have a White stripe on it's head..?
- 2012-07-31 17:56 Miss Marple
- Just a one-off, but thought I may as well let you see this one: http://www.wirral.gov.uk/wirraldogs/Detail.asp?DogsID=7184
- 2012-07-31 17:50 Miss Marple
- Do I understand that this poor boy went missing on the Coastal edge of the Lancashire-Cumbrian border, Morcambe Bay/Furness etc? Until I googled it I was under the impression that Bardsea was somewhere on the East Sussex Coast. Although you have described 'Where lost' location as Bardsea Estuary etc., I don't think many volunteers would easily recognise this as being in the NW region. However, I do hope that Encasa is found soon. I am posting him on FB here on Merseyside again, you never know, he may have hitched a lift down the M6? xx
- 2012-07-25 09:42 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Any think is possible, it would be great if this is indeed Encasa...
- 2012-07-24 08:25 BB451
- I'm admin on a couple of facebook doglost pages and one of my lot sent me this message...
The dog that keeps getting sighted and classed as a ginger looking GSD 41501 North East could it possibly be Encasa lost 39607 in the North West - only a long shot tho one NE one NW!!
hope this is a possible, would you be kind enough to check it out please? xx
- 2012-07-13 22:23 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- So very sad for you emma that after all your hard work, you have still had no sightings of your gorgeous boy. Hope this weeks advert brings a sighting!
- 2012-07-12 14:03 Bonnies' mum
- Check 41159 on Found Dogs. May be a long shot but you never know
- 2012-07-04 16:47 emma d
- Hi, we have another large advert going into the local paper tomorrow. We have searched tirelessly for the past 7 weeks but have not had one sighting of our special boy. The whole area has been saturated in posters, and with the help of friends we have made sure everyone is aware that he is missing....but no sightings at all. thank you for all your help and support xxx
- 2012-07-04 07:35 Jan.Petsearchuk
- Encasa has recently been brought to my attention and I have circulated it on petsearch...good luck in your search for him.
- 2012-06-25 14:22 Xenas Mum
- Hi Jobadger there have been no positive sightings of Encasa :( On the positive side though poor Emma has trawled through all the dead bodies and skeletons in the area and Encasa is not amongst them!
- 2012-06-22 23:51 jobadger
- Is there any idea where this boy might be now? I don't do FB.... xx
- 2012-06-21 21:45 Xenas Mum
- We could do with some twitter airing is Riverlady able to help?? Emma and Roy are working really hard to get Encasa back as are their friends, most updates are on his Facebook page. Fantastic advert in the Westmorland Gazette today!!Can we have a Bump???
- 2012-06-08 22:42 liz
- Thankyou Jinny & Jan.
I do hope Encasa is found soon. It's summer and Morecambe Bay is a lovely area for him to be hiding out. The surrounding areas are great places for him to be sheltering. My love and best wishes to his owners who I know must be distraught like I am about my Ben.
If they want to talk to me, please pass on my details. I know what they are going through and can offer my support.
I'm feeling a bit stronger everyday so an offer a shoulder to cry on if they want to.
- 2012-06-08 20:51 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks jinny for posting about the sighted dog, it was myself who uploaded the photo/s of it on DogLost. I knew it was not Ben or Encasa so did not alert anyone. I did liaise with Liz early yesterday morning and reassured her it was not Ben and gave her details of where to see the pics of the sighted dog. xxx
- 2012-06-08 16:51 jobadger
could anyone give an indication of where this latest possible sighting is - is there a suggested search area? I'm free all weekend and was thinking of coming across... xx
- 2012-06-07 21:51 jobadger
- Thanks for the updated posters for Encasa. I do hope this latest possible sighting leads to something positive. I'll email the new posters to the vets in this area. xx
- 2012-06-07 11:42 jinny
- hi liz i have been following your story about your lovely ben , i dont think this is ben sadly but the i.d number ( with pic ) for the dog sighted in New Brighton is 39933 have a look even if its just to put your mind at rest fingers crossed for you xxx
- 2012-06-07 11:35 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- 2012-06-07 11:11 jinny
- hi i realy dont like getting anyones hopes up but i checked the dog that was sighted in sandringham rd ,and it also mentioned Dudley Road New Brighton , my niece lives on Dudley road, so i have just phoned her up , she told me that about a week ago her partner went out of the door about 7.30 am and there was a sandy colourd dog asleep on there doorstep,he went back in the house for a minute ( he was,nt aware of any dog lost sadly) but when he came out the dog had gone , this seams to be the second sighting on Dudley rd , i hope i have done the right thing and please tell me if i havent but i told her if she see's him again not to call his name not to approach or even try to gain his trust yet, but just to simply place a regular bowl of food and water out each night at a certain time ,so that the dog gets to know a regular time to go thre ,i told her not to be seen by the dog just let him feel safe in knowing there is a regular time and place to get a food and water sauce , i hope i have given her the right advice , also this dog has been sighted many times around that area and there is a sight on facebook called Wirral fleebay , my niece and sister are admen on there , and everyboby knows about this dog and there seams to be a lot of people out looking for him , i think it would be a good idea to get posters up in New Brighton station as this is very close to the area where this dog seams to be roaming . im sorry for the long post but just hope this has helped
- 2012-06-07 03:59 liz
- I do hope Encasa turns up soon. I moved from Morecambe 2 yrs ago and know it well & I know what you are going through. xx Last edited: 2012-06-07 04:36:10 by liz
- 2012-06-07 03:58 liz
- Coco pops, your post about red collar, german shepherd, nr Liverpool. Have you got photos? It could be my dog who's been missing 7 weeks. 38912 Ben. Kirkby, Liverpool. Do you know exactly where in Liverpool?
I can't open the picture of the code 39933.Last edited: 2012-06-07 04:35:09 by liz
- 2012-06-06 22:07 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Gillian, I've emailed you the various size posters to the email address you have mentioned. Also emailed them to to JoBadger and Paula Marie in case you are able to forward on.
Good luck Team Encasa. xxx
- 2012-06-06 19:34 Xenas Mum
- On behalf of Team Encasa - Thank you Jayne and Jackalee
- 2012-06-06 19:05 Jayne - Head Office
- Your welcome...
- 2012-06-06 18:57 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Thanks Jayne xx
- 2012-06-06 18:54 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx for alerting me...poster emailed to local helpers in LA1,2,3,4,5,6.
- 2012-06-06 18:45 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Due to recent sightings, please could email alerts go out to LA1, LA2, LA3, LA4, LA5, LA6, thanks. Email sent into admin.
- 2012-06-06 11:40 Caroline28
- There has been a possible sighting in Morecambe. Would it be possible to resend posters out to helpers in areas previously sent plus those in the Morecambe, Lancaster, Heysham area? Thanks.
- 2012-05-31 15:41 Bonnies' mum
- Have emailed posters to several campsites in South Cumbria
- 2012-05-31 09:48 Gillian
- Hi just seen that I've been emailed posters but haven't received them so perhaps you have got the wrong email. In fact I haven't been getting any posters for local missing dogs and there have been one or two recently. My email is the one starting gilliwigs!
- 2012-05-31 09:36 Coco Pops
- This is a real longshot but I'd rather it be checked just in case. There's a dog been sighted only 39933 which is being described as a german shepherd wearing a red collar, nervous and can't be caught. It's near Liverpool so a bit further down than where Encasa was lost but could have been dropped there. The only thing is the pictures of the sighted dog look darker than Encasas fur but after 2 weeks he could be dirty. Can someone pls check.
- 2012-05-30 18:15 Paula Marie
- Email sent to Westmorland Wildfowlers Association with link to Encasa page.
Fingers crossed and hope there is good news soon.
- 2012-05-30 11:57 jobadger
- .Last edited: 2012-05-31 17:47:19 by jobadger
- 2012-05-30 08:32 Polly
- Thank you Jan, I have downloaded the posters and will circulate when I am in the area on Saturday (hopefully Encasa will be home safe by then). I live near Manchester but will put a poster in my car too you never know somebody may be going in that direction and will look out for Encasa.
- 2012-05-30 08:14 jobadger
- I've circulated Encasa's poster to all vets in Ambleside, Barrow, Broughton, Grange over Sands, Milnthorpe, Ulverston and Windermere. xxLast edited: 2012-05-31 18:58:55 by jobadger
- 2012-05-29 21:09 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Various size posters emailed to Emma and all helpers on here who maybe helping spreading the word.
Gillian and Polly hope I got the right email as there are more helpers with the same usernames as you registered on DL. xxx
- 2012-05-29 19:45 Bonnies' mum
- Strays picked up in South Cumbria are taken to Glaneils Kennels in Burton in Kendal 01524781530.
Dog Warden for Lancaster and Morecambe 01524582757
Animal Care at Lancaster 0152465495
Wolfwood at Lancaster 07931220094
Petsearch, based in Bolton Le Sands, 01524 823013/822518
- 2012-05-29 19:08 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Emma, I will do various size posters a.s.a.p. and email them to you. I've added another photo and also included it in his DogLost poster, you may need to refresh this page to view them. x
- 2012-05-29 18:17 Caroline28
- You can now also follow Encasa on Twittet @FindEncasa
- 2012-05-29 15:01 glynafon
- I lived and went to school at Ulverston Grammar school many years ago so know the area well. Would suggest that if someone could poster Birkrigg common where many people walk their dogs and not far from Bardsea it would help to spread the word. I am now in SW wales so cannot help.
- 2012-05-29 09:07 jobadger
- I had so hoped this boy would be home by now. Stay safe gorgeous until you're found..... xx
- 2012-05-29 07:34 Polly
- The Bay Horse in Ulverston is a very dog friendly place they may put a poster up for you so that their guests can keep a look out. I am too far away at the moment but will be travelling to the lakes at weekend for a 2wk holiday. I promise I will make a detour on Saturday to the area and then go back as much as I can during my holiday. I know what pain you are going through and will do all I can to help. I pray that he will be found safe and well very soon. x
- 2012-05-29 00:21 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Encasa is in todays Westmorland Gazette. The family are now offering a substantial reward and a luxury holiday for any information leading to Encasa's whereabouts.
Great that you have set up a Facebook page. Keeping my fingers crossed that it all brings some good news soon :)
- 2012-05-26 12:00 SuzeeBee
- Just watched the tribute Xenas Mum added to this page. I am in bits to think that you have lost your beautiful very special boy. Wishing you all the luck in the world for some news very soon, wish I were closer to help. xx
- 2012-05-26 09:02 Gillian
- Facebook page now set up for Encasa
So hope you get a sighting this weekend Emma, you, Roy and Encasa are constantly in my thoughts x
- 2012-05-26 01:30 terri9090
- There is a cross bay walk this weekend hopefully it brings a sighting
- 2012-05-25 22:12 Xenas Mum
- Just so everyone on here knows just how much Encasa means to Emma this is the tribute she made for him after they had been together one year, that was just over a year ago!
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=da66f1122a0ccc01cd2173&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url (you will need to cut and paste)
Please Please keep searching for him... Encasa is out there somewhere!!!
Last edited: 2012-05-25 22:13:28 by Xenas Mum
- 2012-05-25 00:23 terri9090
- Hi i live in ulverston and i walk down to the bay horse nearly everyday i have been looking out across the bay for him. if there is any other way i can help please let me know x
- 2012-05-24 19:14 emma d
- Hi, Encasa's mum here. thanks for all your suggestions and support. There have been no sightings at all, its nearly a week:((( There is an article in the Evening Mail tonight. It is absolute torture, he had such a terrible life, and has blossomed so much into such a happy dog. We need him home :((
- 2012-05-24 17:01 drwolfuk
- If I was closer I would bring my Ibizan Hound Menta and Greyhound Merlin as I am certain encasa would come with them. Merlin is excellent at seeking out lost dogs. Is there not someone in that area with a Spanish Hunting Hound that is okay of the lead and can search for Encasa. These dogs are ideal for looking after themselves in the wild which they had to do in Spain where they are not treated as pets and are dumped as soon as the hunting season is over.
- 2012-05-24 14:11 Caroline28
- thanks migman - I have contacted them and sent them a poster asking to keep an eye out.
- 2012-05-22 23:04 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Thank you SuzeeBee for posting the link, I was sure I had done it but think I had a magic moment xx
- 2012-05-22 20:40 migman34
- This may sound strange but there is a staffordshire bull terrier rescue place near Ulverston. Not sure how close it is but thought you could also contact them to ask while they are walking the dogs to keep an eye out. web address is http://www.sbtrescue.org.uk/index.htm
- 2012-05-22 17:47 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- I am praying for him. My friends dog Amber went missing there 4 years ago:(((Last edited: 2012-05-22 17:48:25 by Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- 2012-05-22 17:22 Xenas Mum
- Fabulous article Emma! Good luck with the Nationals. Come on show yourself Encasa xxxxx
- 2012-05-22 16:44 SuzeeBee
This is the link to the article. Wish I was near enough to help look for this precious boy. I hope you hear some news from the publicity and you find him safe and well very soon.
- 2012-05-22 14:58 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- emma d, well done for the article in the Westmorland Gazette, it looks great and I really hope it brings you some good news.
I've bumped Encasa due to the article.
- 2012-05-22 07:06 ejm
- I'm still looking out for him, driving the coast rd to & from work each day as well as walking my dogs on beach when I can. Have u tried to get something in the Evening Mail? This will reach many more people than the posters, especially if he has travelled a distance with the tide. Last edited: 2012-05-22 07:07:42 by ejm
- 2012-05-22 01:54 solitairejane
- I shared on FB as soon as he was listed as lost. Keep postering and contacting anywhere where you feel posters/phone calls might help. I'm from Liverpool so too far away to help but my thoughts are with yourself and your beautiful dog. Let's hope he's home really soon xx
- 2012-05-21 12:58 sillyhound
- Come on Encasa, time to come home, all of your extended family are waiting to hear good news today! XXX
- 2012-05-21 12:12 Lurcher SOS
- So sorry Emma to hear Encasa has gone missing. Big hugs for you and never give up hope he will be found. Its on our forum and FB page and other have put it on their FB pages too. Thinking of you and Roy. Laurie
- 2012-05-21 11:25 Chris
- Emma, I'm so sorry to hear Encasa missing and have been sharing and re-sharing on FB since I saw it on Saturday; sadly too far away to help look. I guess you've already thought of everything, but will add this anyway - are there any local airfields and/or helicopter hire/training places you could contact and leave posters with, in hope they can look out for him too. Thoughts with you and your helpers; safe home soon Encasa x
- 2012-05-21 11:03 Mugsy
- Come on home Encasa, everyone is missing you as you are a very special boy.
Please do not approach this dog if you see him, he is very nervous thanks to his past, please phone the number.
- 2012-05-21 10:58 BuddieHolly
- Shared on my Facebook - I live in LA13.
Have everything crossed that Encasa is found safe and sound soon x
- 2012-05-21 10:19 Caroline28
- We have had the sighting reported on Twitter checked out and it is unlikely this was Encasa. As far as we know there have been no sightings. As Encasa crossed the estuary, then the tide came in he could be anywhere. If he got caught up in the incoming tide the coast guard reports that most dogs tend to survive. However this is a vast area, owner has amazing helpers spreading the word and covering a huge amount of ground, if anyone else can spread the word that would be amazing. Encasa is a special rescue dog who is very nervous of people and his owners have done a super job with him.
Willing for a sighting today ... Come on Encasa... Show yourself xxxx
- 2012-05-19 22:14 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- on twitter.....@DoglostUK sorry meant black&brown, seen coastroad, rampside
- 2012-05-19 22:01 Eejay
- Shared in the LA9 postcode. xxxxxx
- 2012-05-19 19:34 Irene
- Also perhaps ask them at the Buddhist centre to keep an eye out and give them number to call. Early risers are likely to see him more.
- 2012-05-19 19:32 Irene
- Have Inland Rescue been informed? They have a base by Glaxo towards the canal.
- 2012-05-19 19:16 lurcherlouts
- have forwarded info to cousin who runs B+B in Silecroft nr Millom-probably too far away,but she may know someone over that way-hope he is found safe soon. all the best Lurcherlouts
- 2012-05-19 18:48 jobadger
- I do so hope this gorgeous boy is home soon. Stay safe until you're found Encasa. xx
- 2012-05-19 18:40 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Caroline...
- 2012-05-19 17:53 Caroline28
- Come on Encasa and show yourself. This boy is really very special ... Fingers and paws crossed for a sighting soon. I've tweeted and been retweeted by a number of Cumbrian accounts xxxx
- 2012-05-19 12:27 ejm
- Just had a walk from Priory Point along beach to Bardsea but didn't see him. There is a Buddhist festival on at the Priory with lots of people wandering around the grounds & the beach & these people do seem to be around early morning & later at night ... Might be worth some posters around that area
- 2012-05-19 09:51 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in LA 11,12,13,14,15,16.
- 2012-05-19 08:56 Xenas Mum
- It is VERY IMPORTANT thaat if anyone sees him they do not approach him but phone the number and report where he is. Encasa is a rescue dog and extremely nervous of strangers if approached HE WILL RUN.
- 2012-05-19 08:29 ejm
- I'm in Ulverston & have shared on facebook. I'll keep my eyes peeled when walking my dogs. Hope he's home soon
- 2012-05-19 00:49 Lynn
- What a lovely looking dog , hope you wlll get some good news xx
- 2012-05-18 23:31 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- He is lovely - sending all the best for him coming home soon xx
- 2012-05-18 23:03 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- SCENTING Instructions sent with info/advice email. x
- 2012-05-18 22:53 Caroline28
- Really thinking of you all during this time and hoping Encasa gets found safe and sound soon xxxx
- 2012-05-18 22:48 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks Xenas Mum. :) x
I've started sharing his photo/s and details on facebook and posted them on emma d's page who has registered Encasa on DL. Thank you to everyone who has stated sharing. xxx
- 2012-05-18 22:31 Xenas Mum
- We are all keeping our fingers and paws crossed for Encasa - if the power of thought can bring him home he will be back with you very soon! Encasa is Special we all love him dearly :) ((HUGS))
- 2012-05-18 22:21 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Photo/s cropped and grouped together and details updated for his DL poster. Will email info/advice to owner, myself of another NW Co-ordinator will try to contact family a.s.a.p. Keeping everything crossed Encasa is back home soon. xxx
- 2012-05-18 21:21
- Sorry to see that ENCASA is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.