Lost: Black Terrier Patterdale Female In South East (SS16)
- Dog ID 35918
- Status Lost
- Registered 03 Jan 2012
- Name MOLLY STILL MISSING
- Breed Terrier Patterdale
- Gender Female
- Age Older Adult
- Colour black
- Marks & Scars white blaze on chest
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 01 Dec 2011
- Where Lost Vange,Basildon.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area SS16
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Molly could be anywhere now, although possibly Southend, Basildon, Billericay, Dagenham, Thurrock areas.
- Phone 1 01760 756145
- Phone 2 07799 458493
- Reward? CASH
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 6026
- Followers 3
- See more dogs Lost in SS16
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-02-14 23:46 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Bumped Molly's page as she is featured in the DogLost column of Dogs Today magazine, March edition out now. Do hope it brings some news.
- 2012-12-04 20:24 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Owner no longer lives in this area. Please contact Kimmybear at DogLost if you cannot get hold of owner. Owner's new phone number is now on the page. Thank you.
- 2012-12-03 12:23 bazil
- Hoping for some news soon for you. Maybe someone new to doglost might recognise Molly, hope so. Good luck x
- 2012-12-02 20:53 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Owner has advised me that it is a year today that Molly disappeared from her home in Vange, Basildon. If anyone knows anything, please contact us or her owner. Thank you. x
- 2012-07-26 21:40 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-07-26 21:22 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Bumped due to Echo article.
- 2012-07-24 00:18 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you DW. If you have any news and cannot reach owner, please contact me. Thank you. x
- 2012-07-13 10:16 Basildon DW
- Still looking x
- 2012-07-04 10:25 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-06-19 21:36 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Molly's owner has phoned. This dog has been reunited apparently. Thanks Spangles.x
- 2012-06-17 19:32 Spangles
- Can someone cross check, Found 40430 described as small terrier, Black with White chest (no photo) ....not a million miles away from Basildon up the A12!!!!
- 2012-06-16 09:53 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put Molly on twitter + will circulate.
- 2012-04-21 23:11 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks Jux. I am shortly sending out a group poster of missing dogs in this area, to all owners. May we suggest that you all get together and get a batch of posters printed and share the cost (you can do a deal with the printers) and work together handing out these (even black and white copies work) at the big Fairs coming up inc Brentwood on weekend 12th May, I think it is. These fairs have helped flush out dogs in the past. All sorts of people visit these fairs. Molly47, I'll be contacting you shortly. x
- 2012-04-09 12:34 jux-SE-London/Kent
No photo of this dog so could be right off the track, but listed as female, 7-8yrs, black crossbreed, well groomed. found Crayford, Kent 23/2/12
- 2012-04-05 23:13 Spangles
- Busy weekend, lots of things going on, have shared on FB again and asked everyone to keep looking x
- 2012-04-03 11:58 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Remember Molly is black, with longish legs for a Patterdale and she is 9-10 years old now. x
- 2012-04-03 11:56 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- We are still circulating Molly details. If anyone sees any vans/workmen in your area, can you take a peek in the back for Molly? We think someone has her. Thank you. x
- 2012-03-28 18:57 molly47
- thank you
- 2012-03-21 21:51 Spangles
- Have reposted on Facebook again and asked everyone to keep sharing x
- 2012-03-20 23:42 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Molly47, hang in there. You just never know with these. Sometimes, we suddenly see a dog pop up somewhere and it amazes us. I am still working/thinking on ways to help. x
- 2012-03-20 20:39 molly47
- i saw the press release thank you still no news :(
- 2012-03-19 12:12 Basildon DW
- Press release issued. Hopefully someone will come forward with information.
- 2012-03-09 22:57 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Molly's owner and I remain in contact working on ways to find Molly.
- 2012-03-06 21:23 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Theft is not a civil matter - its a crime. I suspect he needs proof, Molly47. If she's there, we can try and think of something. You were called by someone wanting money in return for your dog - that is extortion which is a crime. They have that number - you gave it to them and they didn't act. I would suggest you try and pursue that issue with them first. Will text you.
- 2012-03-06 14:02 molly47
- spoke to the police sergent who said this is a civil matter (stupid) so tomorrow i amgoing to the traveller site xx
- 2012-03-04 14:20 Basildon DW
- Any news?
- 2012-03-02 20:25 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Am in contact with Molly's owner, but we will not be bumping Molly at the moment.
- 2012-03-02 20:12 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Oh my goodness!!!! Yes! Texting you now. Sorry a bit late! You be careful and take someone with you. x
- 2012-03-01 20:08 molly47
- kim can you txt me pleaseivlost your number had a tip offgona gotomorrow have a poke around but i have to watch myself therexx
- 2012-02-24 19:03 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Please everyone keep looking for Molly. Thank you. x
- 2012-02-24 10:24 molly47
- thanks kim iv receivedyour txts i do think she is still alive and i no if she had a chance she would run from the person sheis with i once left her with my mum and she ran away to the harbour and waslooking for me around the boats (as i have 1) iv tried all the local marina as well
- 2012-02-23 21:24 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Spangles, received your message. Thank you so much for all your help in trying in to find Molly. Will e-mail you. x Molly's mum, keep going, you are doing well. x
- 2012-02-21 23:18 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- We're still working on ways to trace Molly and get her home. If anyone has any connections that may help, please pass our way. Owners usually have a gut feeling on what's happened to their dogs and I'm inclined to go with what Molly's owner feels. Get Molly on everything you can, she needs to be so fanous! You're doing really well Molly47; we shall keep going. Have done what we discussed today so you should hear back shortly. You may well have heard her barking, I totally believe dogs and their loved ones have a telepathic ability. But always check in case she's actually there too! x
- 2012-02-20 08:43 molly47
- thank you again for your help iv added mollyon toa lot of fb groups as well now so hopefully that may help funny i thought icould hear her barking last night but by the time i gotout thebarking had stopped......put mollyon jess and brambles site as well
- 2012-02-18 12:06 reggiemollieros
- Just tweeted to some Essex people who have been great and re-tweeted so hopefully spread the word for you. x
- 2012-02-18 09:20 sdodd308
- Might be an idea to keep a watch on Jess and Brambles site as they are missing Patterdales too, people are crossposting any found female patterdales.
- 2012-02-17 22:25 molly47
- thanks everyone stillno newsiwillpost her details on to the police that cover dale farmi dont mind going there iv no worries on that score iv beenonalot of web sites and posted her picture kim your right the police herearenot interested at all iv not seenit on facebook page will re look for that one thank you i think i need to find a good dog phsyic now maybe that will help me
- 2012-02-16 22:17 reggiemollieros
- I've posted Molly's Doglost page on Barking at the Moon FB page as the radio programme is on now. I've posted along with another missing dog from SE9 London. Greater London Radio programme x
- 2012-02-12 22:19 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Excellent Spangles. Thank you. I have been trying to figure out how we can go about this. Molly47, please contact them. Even though you have no evidence, if they are going there anytime soon, they can keep an eye out for you. Are you able to visit that one yourself as with others, as discussed? She may be hidden. I'm still working on some things for you. x
- 2012-02-12 21:04 Spangles
- Hi Molly47, Crays Hill has its own Community Policing Team that cover Dale Farm, it might be worth contacting them directly and giving them Molly's details, this is a link to their page on the Essex Police Website, it has all their contact details on http://www.essex.police.uk/default.aspx?page=13486 I will repost on Facebook and ask everyone to spread the post.
- 2012-02-11 23:06 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Molly47, I've updated the poster to reflect the reward. Any helpers out there, please could you help with some more postering - owner has been trying so hard since 1st December to find her girl. Please help her if you can. Thank you. x
- 2012-02-11 23:02 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Good to see you have access to a computer now, Molly47. If anyone at Dale Farm is approachable, ask around there too (but never go alone), maybe ask the dog warden to go with you? Did the police give you a crime number? I'm guessing not as they would probably say they need evidence that she was stolen. You have done the right thing with the postering and no questions asked. I would go back to the police and try to make them give you a crime number because of that call you received and the fact that your dog is 9 years old and would not simply run off. They need to investigate this. Worth another go. If you can, try and get Molly in the papers and on the local radio. You need to make her too hot to handle. We will keep trying....... Will text you again shortly. x
- 2012-02-11 12:04 molly47
- thank you everyonethat last picture wasnt molly i keep in contact with the kennels and the dog warden is aware also iv gone to other areas and reported it with the dog wardens there also and have left my details with battersea just in case molly is nearly 9 years old but she has never ran away ever beforeso itleads me to believe she has been stolen iv reported this to the police and also given then a phone number of the person who rang me and wanted to meet me late at night with the reward money for the dog.....put leaflets near the dale farn gypsey sight iv been on a lot of gypsey sites as well and left them leaflets and told everyone there is a reward and no questions will be asked
- 2012-02-10 23:48 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Checking this out.....
- 2012-02-09 07:02 Jytte
- The Patterdale reunited (rehomed) No 36683 in NN7 does look like Molly?
- 2012-02-08 12:51 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Have advised owner, thank you Sue.
- 2012-02-08 08:02 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-01-22 20:48 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- This found dog was not Molly as too short legs, but well worth a try thank you. Owner has been contacted by someone claiming to have her dog, however, they did not turn up to meet. Bumped just in case.
- 2012-01-22 20:00 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Owner notified re found dog.
- 2012-01-08 08:36 Sonia
- Could this be Molly?
- 2012-01-05 17:48 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Joanne, keep going - make Molly so famous! x
- 2012-01-04 21:27 nataliemurf
- I have added a photo to my Facebook page as I have a lot of friends in that area fingers crossed shell turn up soon x
- 2012-01-04 13:18 Spangles
- Have reposted via Facebook to SS6 and surrounding area...Contact for Gill at Crofters in Rayleigh Essex
Kennels, rescue and training - 01268 785350
Mobile - 07912862739
E-mail - Crofterskennels@aol.com
- 2012-01-04 12:51 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thanks everyone - your fab! Thanks Sarah, I am glad to hear that. Does Jotty know? She is good with this area too. I will text her. Joanne, it may be a good idea to clikc on te vet ad on the right of this page and forward the poster to all vets in a 200 mile radius, or if able, to the whole of the UK. Also, Sarah, are you able to access travellers sites for this one, if not already done so? Finally, please tell me there is no railway line around? Many thanks.
- 2012-01-04 12:43 Ann
- Have you tried Gill at Crofters Kennels, Rawreth - she helps the rspca with boarding and rehoming their strays?
- 2012-01-04 12:29 Basildon DW
- I have been looking everywhere for Molly and know her owner has done so much already to find her. Looking at press release for all of Basildons missing dogs.
- 2012-01-04 09:20 Jayne - Head Office
- Poster emailed to helpers in SS5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17. CM11,12,13. RM14,15,16,17,18,19,20.
- 2012-01-04 08:21 Sonia
- Could this be the same dog that was registered as found in SO51? Dog ID 35930?
Last edited: 2012-01-08 08:35:26 by Sonia
- 2012-01-04 00:21 CopperM
- Have you tried:
Basildon PDSA PetAid hospital, High Rd, (B1464 between The Barge and Tesco Pitsea)Vange, Basildon,SS16 4TG. 01268 555100
Gemini Kennels: 01268 725825 Hovefields Ave, Wickford; off A127. http://www.geminikennels.info/ Do ring, as their website is updated infrequently.
Acresway Kennels, Thundersley. 01268 770402 http://www.acresway.co.uk/faq.php
Wallace Kennels: Stondon Massey (collects Brentwood strays) 01277 821032 http://www.wallacekennels.com/index.html
Do phone and visit these kennels as they don't have time to continually update their websites. there must be other kennels that other people could tell you about too.
Have you contacted local vets with a desciption and DogLost refernece no?
Cherrydown Vets Ltd
The Paddock, Basildon, SS16 5AW
Clayhill Veterinary Centre
Clayhill Veterinary Centre, Basildon, SS16 4HA
Companion Care Basildon
Pets at Home, Basildon, SS13 3BY
01268 585 700
Wellcare Veterinary Centre
Wellcare Veterinary Centre, Basildon, SS15 6BN
Recently an email to a vet with DogLost poster helped return a stolen dog to her owner very promptly. Posters outdoors most important.
Good Luck!Last edited: 2012-01-04 00:33:16 by CopperM
- 2012-01-03 23:59 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Have put Molly on twitter + will circulate.
- 2012-01-03 23:39 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Owner says Molly shot out of front door when it was opened and has not been seen since. I have sent a lot of information/advice to owner. Let's hope it helps and finds some avenues not yet explored that gets Molly home. x
- 2012-01-03 19:09 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Owner says done all of advice below, so am concerned as she went missing on 1st December. Helpers can you help owner with things she may not have thought of - I have given her a lot to go on but she may need moral support. Thanks. x
- 2012-01-03 19:06 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Communicating with owner. Friend is receiving info sheets via e-mail. Advised owner how to log on to DL and see Molly's page. J, you CAN do this. Keep going and refer to all the info - every little detail. Let us know how she disappeared as it will help to give us clues. Let's get your baby back home! x
- 2012-01-03 17:31 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Texting for e-mail addy.
- 2012-01-03 17:08
- Sorry to see that MOLLY STILL MISSING is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.