Stolen: Blue Roan Cocker Spaniel Female
- Dog ID 113086
- Status Stolen
- Registered 27 Mar 2017
- Name LILY
- Gender & Breed Female Cocker Spaniel
- Age Adult
- Colour Blue Roan
- Marks & Scars Lily has been quite recently groomed however so her coat is short and she doesn't have her cute tuft on the top of her head. She is wearing a brown collar but no tag (it fell off)
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Unknown
- Investigating Force Warwickshire Police
- Crime Reference No. 23S6 / 12403F / 17
- Date Lost 25 Mar 2017
- Where Lost Bishopton Lane, Stratford upon Avon
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area CV37
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Vanished from garden at home. GENEROUS CASH REWARD OFFERED
- Phone 1 01789 294054
- Phone 2 07944 626 092
- Listed By Isobel Hall
- Views 4659
- View Poster
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2017-04-06 06:22 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Lily's fb page x https://www.facebook.com/FindLilyStratfordUponAvon/
- 2017-04-06 05:30 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Article in Stratford Herald x
POLICE are linking the thefts of two female Cocker Spaniels who were stolen from their owner’s gardens within a matter of days of each other.
A black, female Cocker Spaniel, named Milly, was taken from a rear garden on Church Road, in Snitterfield, between 1.30pm and 2.30pm on Wednesday 8th March. Milly has short, trimmed hair and an Aztec-style dog collar with her name tag on.
Police have also confirmed this week they have received a report of a recently-trimmed long-haired blue roan, female Cocker Spaniel, named Lily, taken from her front garden in Bishopton Lane, Stratford-upon-Avon, at around 5.45pm, on Saturday 25th March.
A Warwickshire Police spokesman said: “Police are remaining open-minded into possible links between the two incidents and urge anyone who may have witnessed suspicious behaviour in either area on the times and dates stated to call police on 101.”
Lily’s owner Isobel Hall told the Midweek Herald that Lily had been outside for only ten minutes, when her husband realised she wasn’t there and started looking for her.
She said: “My husband, James, and children were at home and Lily was in the garden. We thought she was lost rather than stolen, until this weekend, when the police said they were linking the two incidents. There hasn’t been any sightings of her.”
Isobel thanked friends, neighbours and farmers for their support in checking nearby fields and the canal, plus handing out posters.
She added: “It’s sad enough for us, but I have four daughters, aged between 17 and ten, as well as a 21-year-old son, in Scotland, who has been looking on dog’s sites to try and help.”
Milly’s owner Iain Wardman said he was keeping everything crossed that one day she will come home.
Speaking about the police linking the two thefts, he said: “It just seemed a little strange, they are exactly the same breed and they are both female.”
On the day Milly went missing, Iain was at work and his wife Kathryn was at home, when she let the family’s two dogs into the garden. When she called the dogs back into the house, only one returned.
Iain said: “There were some people walking up the lane, who have given their statement to the police. The witnesses saw two very overly-friendly gentleman walking along the public footpath, wearing sunglasses.”
That evening, Iain said he looked all over the fields in the area, as far as Norton Lindsey, and made flyers that were handed out in the surrounding villages.
He continued: “I have to say the one thing I have noticed is that all the local community have been very supportive – unfortunately I can’t thank them all individually, but they have been fantastic.
“The hardest part is the children. I have a 14-year-old daughter and a three-year-old son. It’s so difficult trying to explain to my son about why Milly isn’t here.”
Staying positive, Iain added: “We have a third child due in four weeks and we have every confidence that Milly will come back.”
Both Milly and Lily are listed on national website, DogLost. Jayne Hayes, the website’s founder, told the Midweek Herald: “I set up the website to reunite missing pets with their owners, 15 years ago, after my dog was stolen.
“Through members of the public my dog was
- 2017-04-01 21:16 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Hi foxy, you may need to refresh your screen or clear your cache to see x
- 2017-04-01 18:06 foxy
- I can't see the recent photos of her clipped short?
- 2017-04-01 13:53 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Recent photos uploaded showing Lily recently groomed as she was when she vanished x
- 2017-04-01 13:48 Julie - Social Media Team, Surrey
- Shared to DL West Midlands FB page. J. x
- 2017-04-01 12:49 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- There have been no sightings of Lily despite an extensive search of the area & postering campaign, she is therefore considered stolen & a CRN has been issued by Warks Police, they are investigating Lily's disappearance with that of Milly (ID112409) who also disappeared from the area recently x
- 2017-03-29 09:48 Skywalker99
- Try contacting www.k9tracker.co.uk
- 2017-03-29 08:47 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- I have added this to the info section Isobel so that it will show on posters, good luck, I hope you have news soon x
- 2017-03-28 18:49 Isobel Hall
- there is a reward section on Lily's page but I don't know how to edit that. We are happy to offer a generous cash reward for anyone who returns Lily. She means the world to us.
- 2017-03-28 18:47 Isobel Hall
- No sightings so far. Really do appreciate your help. Scoured neighbouring fields by foot again today and roads by car last night. Nothing so far. Thank you.
- 2017-03-28 16:15 Willow
- Are there any sightings of this girlie? I'm local to postcode so can help if needed.
- 2017-03-27 15:12 Diane
- Shared ONESTOPALLDOGS FBook & Twitter
- 2017-03-27 11:18 PAW
- Shared Lily on PAW hope it helps https://www.facebook.com/groups/PAWhelpingdogs/permalink/460805390928967/
- 2017-03-27 09:18 Sarah - Area Co-ordinator, Cambridgeshire & Twitter
- Shared to DogLost Central Facebook Group & Tweeted @DogLostUK
https://twitter.com/DoglostUK/status/846275078966956032Last edited: 2017-03-27 09:21:14 by Sarah - Area Co-ordinator, Cambridgeshire & Twitter
- 2017-03-27 08:53 Lisa P - Area Co-ordinator, Northamptonshire
- Shared on FB to Doglost Warwickshire, general advice emailed including numbers for local wardens & kennels x
- 2017-03-27 08:23 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Sharing Twitter.
- 2017-03-27 07:38 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in CV37.