DogLost Goes Mobile – For FREE
Android Version > – current release v.1.05
(Please log in before clicking. There may be a short deleay as we register you and your dogs on the app - please be patient.)
THE FREE App For Dog Owners is being produced in association with Android and iPhone app developer Ken Liu, and we're happy to announce that the Android version of the app is now ready for public testing.
The FREE app is designed to keep a record of your dog safe and to make it quicker and easier to report your dog as missing or found, if it runs off during a walk. The DogLost website is still the best place to fill in all the details, and the more information we have on-site, the more we can help you and other dog owners.
DogLost App Features
- Sign Up/Log In
- If you're already a member of DogLost, just click on the app's Sign Up button and use the email address and password that you have registered on our site to connect the app to your DogLost website account. If not, you can register on the app and then use those details to log in to the DogLost site to add a few more details to your profile.
- Add Your Dog
- This lets you pre-register your dog with DogLost by taking a photo and adding some basic details. You can then provide more information via the dog's page on our site. You can also use this to quickly register a Lost Dog.
- Manage Your Dogs
- This will display any dogs you have registered through the site or the DogLost app, and allow you to alert them as 'Lost'. If you have the Location features on your phone turned on when you do this, we'll register those as your dog's 'Last Known Location'.
- Found A Lost Dog
- This displays a list of any dogs that have been registered as 'Lost' in your area. So, if you find a stray, you can quickly check to see whether or not it matches a listing that's already on the DogLost site. If it does, you can quickly register that dog as Found and call the owner straight from your phone.
- DogLost Map
- This displays a map showing the Last Known Locations (where available) of any dogs that have been registered as 'Lost' in your area.
Call For Testers and Ideas
DogLost is run entirely by volunteers, so now we need volunteers whose phones run Android 2.2 or better to help us test the app. If you have problems with the app, please:
- Check that you have the Current Version as listed below;
- Check that you aren't experiencing a known issue with the Current Version – if you are, we only need to be told about it if your phone isn't one of the types we have listed below as experiencing that problem;
- Email our developers at email@example.com explaining:
- Whether you think this is a bug or improvement suggestion (bugs are our priority, we can't guarantee to implement all suggested improvements at present, but they help);
- The make and model of your phone;
- What version of the Android system your phone runs;
- The problem/suggestion in as much detail as possible. For bugs, please describe the steps you go through before the problem occurs. Short bullet points are great, but please don't skip even small steps - we can't see your screen, and only know what should happen.
The Current Version of our app is DogTracker 1.05. If you are having problems with an earlier version, please uninstall it, and reinstall using the links below.
- 1. Image upload
- Some phones have problems uploading dog pictures - we need to know which ones (exact make, model and Android version, please).
Download It Here For FREE
Please Note: Please log in before clicking the links below. There may be a small delay as we register you and your dogs on the app. You should then be able to log in to the app and see the dogs you have registered. If your dogs are not visible, it may be that we originally added them to the site for you. If this is the case, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining which dogs are missing and we'll get the developers on to it. Please use our ID numbers to identify your dogs - it lets the developers find them more easily.