Lost: Golden Brown, Black German Shepherd Dog Female In Wales (LL16)
- Dog ID 99393
- Status Lost
- Registered 22 Apr 2016
- Name AMBER
- Gender & Breed Female German Shepherd Dog (Spayed)
- Age Adult
- Colour Golden Brown, Black
- Marks & Scars None
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost 20 Apr 2016
- Where Lost Near Llangynhafal village in North Wales en-route to Moel Famau along the open mountain path on 20th April 2016. May have travelled a fair distance by now.
- Lost In Region Wales
- Lost In Post Area LL16
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Listed By MrSatd
- Views 8381
- Please login to view & print a poster
- See more dogs Lost in LL16
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2017-03-16 17:03 Svend - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- 112653 was moved to "reunited" as I posted a comment... please Keep Looking!
- 2017-03-16 17:01 MrSatd
- Thanks for the update however, I have spoken to Doglost admins and they confirmed the dog in question (112653) has been claimed by a local farmer to that location.
- 2017-03-16 16:08 Mr Fox
- Please check No: 112653. Fingers crossed
- 2017-01-27 13:17 Magicbeardies
- This is a long shot, but GSD type dog sighted on hillside in Saron about an hour ago, seemed to be running loose with another dog (possibly black & white collie). Local enquires lead me to believe the dog is not owned by any of the neighbouring properites. Please advise if there is anything I can do. One local lady going to enquire at neighbouring farm.Last edited: 2017-01-27 13:18:38 by Magicbeardies
- 2017-01-20 17:32 Marilyn
This one was found early january.
- 2017-01-17 16:38 Abbie Girl
- Spoken to both Manager (Paul R) Dog Collection Department (environmental Health) at Walsall Council and RSPCA at length, both have now confirmed neither know the whereabouts of this dog. Dog has not been reported to DW department and RSPCA are not involved. please follow this matter up with Jane/CJ asap regarding dogID 110150.I have spoken to Jane and will be emailing all info over to her for CJ too.
- 2017-01-15 15:38 Jenkins
- MrSatd - please see http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=110150 - what a terrible story. If you think this dog may be Amber, please follow up with dog warden and Walsall Council and perhaps RSPCA - this dog needs to be found - even if it is not Amber.
- 2017-01-12 10:01 Coco
- MrSatd....a female GSD found in Birmingham. Ben Brittain has found. Worth checking.....warden not informed
- 2016-12-05 22:50 Coco
- One found tied to a tree....not clear photo . Rectory Farm ( area NOT a farm) Northamptonshire. Posted on ' Lost and Found animals within Northamptonshire'
- 2016-11-27 16:56 Jan - Area Co-ordinator, Lancashire
- Shared to Doglost North Wales group xxx
- 2016-11-25 21:59 janiejewel1649
- Please stay safe Amber until you are found. Paws xd.
- 2016-11-25 12:13 Jane
- Shared Twitter
- 2016-11-25 12:13 Jane
- Shared Twitter
- 2016-11-25 08:57 Svend - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- Reported sighting of a stray GSD in Llanfair th on 18 Nov. The person who reported the sighting has made local enquiries, but the GSD is not a local dog: they are putting up posters locally.
- 2016-11-12 17:50 Jane
- Shared Twitter
- 2016-11-12 16:41 Patlucky
Will also update BIGGSD
Plus share on FB
- 2016-11-12 16:12 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts resent to helpers in LL15,16. CH7. please share...especially the new helperswho may not have heard of Amber...all shares to new networks of friends really helps!
- 2016-11-12 13:34 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Svend there was another GSD on fb yesterday of a dog lost near where Amber was as well!
- 2016-11-12 12:59 Svend - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- We've received a report of possible sightings in Ruthin:
1) A note written on a poster about 3 weeks ago, saying she was seen near the rugby club.
2) A dog walker who spotted a stray JRT and "larger dog, poss GSD": she caught the JRT which was full of fleas etc., but wasn't able to catch the larger dog.
- 2016-11-02 19:39 Patlucky
- I don't think it is Amber either
Looked at the pictures
Also the deceased dog has been roaming for two years
- 2016-11-02 18:43 MrSatd
- Checked the dog reported as found (deceased) on the 1st and am sure this is not Amber.
Strange for there to be no confirmed news at this stage...
- 2016-11-02 13:14 sukimax
- Hope not but girl found on found dogs, Sadly deceased.x
- 2016-10-02 08:02 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Hi I have pm you reference a dog that had been found on a mountain in Wales.
- 2016-09-09 17:04 MrSatd
- Thanks all! The dog found in North Wales was a male.
Hope for news soon on Amber. x
- 2016-09-09 16:58 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Have emailed owner.
- 2016-09-09 14:18 sukimax
- Lost and found pets North Wales Facebook site,Dog similar on here, someone is trying to get in touch with you,
- 2016-08-22 13:58 sukimax
- Please check 103836, Long way but you never know, xx
- 2016-08-20 19:13 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Owner will check Found id 103700. Their office appears to be closed but will.make.contact with them. I have also given some other organisations in the area that will keep an eye out for her in case she had fallen and is now sadly deceased. Last edited: 2016-08-20 19:21:25 by ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- 2016-08-20 14:32 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- I have asked owner to check out 103700 against Amber. Thank you for thinking of her.
- 2016-08-20 12:55 sukimax
- I know it is a long way but just check Doglost found number 103700 xx
- 2016-07-17 22:28 Patlucky
- 2016-06-27 13:51 MrSatd
- Just to confirm, there have been no verified sightings of Amber. Please keep sharing and also check the Facebook group.
- 2016-06-27 09:10 PAW
- As a result of putting up a post for Amber on my group page - someone has put up a possible match on a dog found in Gwent - must warn you there was not a happy outcome for the found dog. But maybe worth a check .....https://www.facebook.com/blaenaugwentcbc/photos/a.459979050686166.122129.135767406440667/1354163624601033/?type=3&theater
- 2016-06-27 09:08 PAW
- Sorry to hear Amber is still missing - i have shared her on a group page I run https://www.facebook.com/groups/PAWhelpingdogs/permalink/297408340602007/
Please feel free to join
- 2016-06-15 14:31 Svend - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- Report from Denbighshire County Council Dog Warden Service: "Report of an alsation seen running on the back road between Brenig and Saron, said to be looking lost and think. Dog was seen going in the direction of Llyn Brenig. I have informed Ambers owners incase."
This is about 8-10km west of where she went missing, so perfectly possible it's her.
- 2016-06-09 13:35 MrSatd
- The GSD found is not Amber as updated on Ambers FaceBook page. I spoke to the Dog Wardens there and confirmed. Thanks.
- 2016-06-08 00:03 Heth
- G s d found,in Blaenau Gwent cbc looks very much like Amber. Fingers crossed.
- 2016-06-03 22:24 Red Alert
- Post sent to Red Alert of a link possible matchfor Amber https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1494516050564861&set=p.1494516050564861&type=3&theater
- 2016-05-29 14:22 Baydogs
- Please keep sharing widely. Went missing in LL16 but could have covered a great many miles since the 10th May. Any sightings, please try and take a picture if you can.
- 2016-05-28 21:40 charlie and sooty
- re shared x
- 2016-05-12 10:31 Svend - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- Just to clarify, the recent possible sightings have been in St.Asaph. However, there are at least two GSDs that are exercised off-lead in the area (owners have been located), so we still need confirmation: if anyone sees a loose GSD, please try to make a note of what type/colour of collar it is wearing, but PLEASE don't chase or call.
- 2016-05-11 16:22 Patlucky
- Nice to hear some news of someone spotting her.
Fingers crossed Amber is home soon
- 2016-05-11 14:02 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Sighted running near the Co-op at 3pm yesterday.....just come into day....will ring owner and let them know.
- 2016-05-10 08:21 Owl
- Jenny at K9tracker is recovering from a fractured hand and cannot drive yet, so may not be able to help on the ground. But she is always worth talking to for advice.
- 2016-05-09 23:58 Svend - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- The area on Moel Famau where she disappeared has been searched thoroughly, on more than one occasion, and the food and clothing articles left for her remained untouched, so it does seem she made it off the hill. The possible sighting in Ruthin is unconfirmed, and there have been no more sightings in the local area. She may have traveled a fair distance by now, so we really need people to spread the word throughout the Denbighshire and Flintshire area.
- 2016-05-03 16:14 Patlucky
- Any news please
- 2016-04-26 19:20 talkinghorse
- A lot of local comment in Ruthin of a possible sighting in town early this morning. "Amber spotted this morning at between 6am and 7am fields behind the fire station/Richard Williams builders yard. She walks along the river apparently. Can anyone check tomorrow please?"
People will be looking out for her tonight and tomorrow early. This location is close to the park where many locals walk their dogs throughout the day. Let's hope she's found soon.
- 2016-04-26 12:15 Svend - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- Amber now has her own Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/1681488895439000/
- 2016-04-26 08:28 MrSatd
- Thanks for the tip. I have just this moment contacted the company (http://www.k9tracker.co.uk/) to ask for assistance. Finger crossed they get back to me!
- 2016-04-25 19:12 Svend - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- 5 Days.... there is still an opportunity to use a canine tracker, if you act quickly. Due to the remote area the likelihood of sightings is much reduced, and there are few obstacles so she could travel a long way: it's also possible she's stuck somewhere. Strongly suggest you contact a specialist e.g. http://www.k9tracker.co.uk/
- 2016-04-25 09:08 Rhiannon Wolf
- MrSatd please look at Neil's FB page I've posted a satellite image of the area. The two descriptions on his page of where she was lost contradict each other - you say main path to the summit (and your idea of the main path may not be other's), but Rachel says you were not on one of the major paths on the map but on a minor path. There are several possible routes and easily a mile of open mountain between them. Amber's Dog Lost poster description of where she was lost needs changing as well as "Llangynhafal villages in North wales enroute to Moel Famau" sounds like she was on the roads walking through the villages towards the open mountain, not on the open mountain itself. Last edited: 2016-04-25 09:09:51 by Rhiannon Wolf
- 2016-04-25 06:46 MrSatd
- Not sure exactly where these manholes are however, we lost her on the main pathway up to the summit. I check the streams lower down as this looked like to direct she was heading to... Are the manholes by the fencing with the stone walls beside them?
- 2016-04-24 16:21 Pop's Mum
- From a FB comment for this girl: "there's a horrible path with deep concrete manholes which are often loose and drop down to an underground stream...it's narrow and fenced on both sides" Has this been checked? As she disappeared so suddenly, could she have fallen down one of these holes?
- 2016-04-23 22:49 Patlucky
- Will be checked or should be if with a warden.
Always best to trust yourself and look
- 2016-04-23 21:20 Rhiannon Wolf
- Please let me know exactly where she was lost and what direction she was headed in as I live locally. Have you left something like a jersey with your scent on it in the location where she last saw you. I've just been out looking for her on the mountain & saw only one poster for her by the stocks. Is that where she was lost? All the best
- 2016-04-23 15:45 MrSatd
- Hi all,
I checked 99424, from the picture given it didnt look like Amber. I wouldnt mind seeing further pictures and have requested. Wont the dogs that are found be check as Amber has a chip?
- 2016-04-23 14:15 Patlucky
- Just text owner who is looking now
- 2016-04-23 13:07 Julie - Social Media Team, Surrey
- Owners please check found 99424 a fair distance away but just in case. J. x
- 2016-04-22 17:12 Sharon - Social Media Team
- Amber has been posted on Doglost FB group & Twitter. I hope she is safely back at home soon. X
- 2016-04-22 13:45 Patlucky
- Posted on BIGGSD
- 2016-04-22 11:55 onestopalldogs
- Posted to ONESTOP FB and Twitter
- 2016-04-22 08:58 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in LL15,16. CH7.
- 2016-04-22 08:31
- Sorry to see that AMBER is missing.
- If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and check that all details are up to date.
- Owners targeted by a malicious hoaxer demanding money for the return of their dog should phone the police on 101 immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A photograph of your dog is essential for the website. If you have not already uploaded one, please do so by clicking on Update details. Alternatively you can email it to email@example.com quoting the dog's DogLost ID number: (99393)
- Obtain a missing poster by clicking on View poster above. Posters are very important so start postering now!
- You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments. You can add comments by clicking on Click here to add a comment.
- Contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, the Police. Give a detailed description with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your area here.
- If your dog has been stolen inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN).
- If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, it can be legally re-homed after seven days. Visit rescue centres in person and do not rely on checking by phone alone. Other people may not recognise your dog by your description, so give them a DogLost poster.
- Keep us updated by keeping your dog's page up to date and check for posts from helpers who may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings
- DogLost is free and anyone asking for money to find or return your dog is not volunteering for us. If you are concerned about an approach you have received, please call our helpline on 01633 668 364. Lines are open seven days a week 08:00-20:00.