Lost: Red Irish Setter Male In South West (DT8)
- Dog ID 99095
- Status Lost
- Registered 11 Apr 2016
- Name VICTOR SIGHTED
- Gender & Breed Male Irish Setter
- Age Young Adult
- Colour Red
- Marks & Scars Black birthmark on his tongue
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 18 Mar 2016
- Where Lost Broadwindsor near Beaminster
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area DT8
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Listed By Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Views 27327
- Please login to view & print a poster
- See more dogs Lost in DT8
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2017-03-19 21:17 JANI
- sharing to groups x
- 2017-03-17 19:05 Jackie
- Thank you to everyone who cares about Victor. We appreciate the support.
- 2017-03-17 16:55 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Bumping Victor, a year has now passed since he disappeared. The Dorset Echo has added an appeal on this link.
- 2017-02-19 11:02 Jackie
- It is 11 months yesterday since Victor went missing from near Broadwindsor. Please stay vigilant for any male red setters and photograph them if you can. He could be local or anywhere with someone who believes they own him.
- 2017-01-16 17:03 PurpleDragonete
- Victor is still being actively shared out on Twitter @VictorMissing
- 2017-01-07 21:30 Jackie
- Happy new year all lovely Dogslost folk. Still no sign of Victor. Believed to still be near Yeovil. Please don't give up on him. Thank you. Jackie
- 2016-12-16 14:12 Jackie
- Finally got it via calling Preloved themselves. Not Victor. Thanks a million though. Keep looking everyone😔
- 2016-12-15 08:24 Jackie
- Dear PC I could not find ad on the site - could you forward it to me as a picture? Or call me if easier - 01308 868949 thank you. Jackie
- 2016-12-15 00:29 Pc
- Please check this advert ... Coat looks shorter (could be clipped) ?
- 2016-12-09 09:02 Jackie
- It is getting on for 9 months now since Victor went missing. We are still searching the Yeovil area but please if you see a red setter photograph it if you can and send it to me. Young male ones obviously! Thank you all so much for continued help in this time of sadness. Jackie x
- 2016-11-14 15:57 Jackie
- Victor was 2 on Friday. Still searching. Thanks for continuing to look. Fingers crossed.
- 2016-10-29 17:00 Jackie
- Please keep eyes peeled around Yeovil and surrounding villages. Thank you. If you see a setter photograph it if possible and send to me. Get any other helpful details. Thanks so much.
- 2016-10-19 07:07 Jackie
- Hi there. No text received. Will contact vet. Thanks so much. Jackie
- 2016-10-18 22:48 Dexter1
- Red setter found in Ringwood Dorset. Been taken to Cedar Vets. Sent text message to Victor's owner.
- 2016-09-12 17:55 Jackie
- Thank you as you say we cannot assume it is Victor. I postered there some months ago but would be grateful if anyone knows anyone in that area to put the word around and a poster up if you can download one from this site or Animal Search which is another site with a good poster of him.
- 2016-09-12 00:17 sooze69
- I saw a beautiful red coloured setter being walked when I was driving back from Lyme Regis to Chard. Just caught my eye as was very handsome. Trying to recall which bit of the journey. Possibly was the outskirts of Axminster? Obviously other people have setters, but just strange that this came up this evening straight after seeing it.
- 2016-09-11 17:21 charlie and sooty
- Re shared as new info x
- 2016-09-10 09:49 Jackie
- Thanks Sharon. No sighting at all just information that he may be being kept in the area. Working on premise he has been stolen for certain now.
- 2016-09-09 22:01 Sharon - Social Media Team
- I have re-shared with DL FB Page, Public & Twitter. including details & info. I hope Victor is safely back at home soon. X
- 2016-09-09 19:23 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Bumping again due to this Jackie.
- 2016-09-08 09:40 Jackie
- Victor may be being taken to Tintinhul area which is north west of Yeovil. Anyone living near there or visitng the area please keep an eye out. I have put posters up etc Thank you all very much. Jackie
- 2016-09-03 16:35 Jackie
- Possible lead that Victor is in north Yeovil area. Please share this information and ensure Dogslost Somerset members are aware. Thank you.
- 2016-08-25 21:45 Jackie
- Thank you Misha. You are very kind and we appreciate it.
- 2016-08-24 22:56 Misha
- Have reshared on FB in the hope someone knows something, best of luck finding him x
- 2016-08-16 21:07 Jackie
- Hi All yes finally got the Mail to take the story. Reward is £4000 as Martin has doubled our offered reward. Please share with anyone you know. So pleased and hope this brings the break we have been waiting for.No recent sightings at all. Psychic is sure he is alive! Just need to know where he is. Jackie
- 2016-08-16 17:44 Misha
- Have there been any confirmed sightings? Have shared on FB as well as gave many dog lover FB friends all over the world. Best of luck x
- 2016-08-16 12:02 Rose
- Hi Jackie, Is Victor neutered? x
- 2016-08-16 11:20 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Victor is in todays daily mail after martin clunes has offered to pay £2,000 to finder.
- 2016-08-15 06:58 Jackie
Sorry Shirley. No I saw that setter a while ago very young. Looks super but not my baby boy.
Thank you very much though. Keep sharing. He is in Western Gazette this week and Blackmore Vale magazine. Share as well. Still praying and putting up posters etc. Jackie
- 2016-08-12 23:58 shirley
- Hello Jackie, haven't heard back from you. Wondered if it was victor? Keep hoping its Weston supermare Somerset x
- 2016-08-12 19:37 shirley
- My mobile is 07511888593
- 2016-08-12 18:35 shirley
- Hi Jackie. Just to let you know there is an adult setter for sale on pets4home. He's male and in Somerset fir sale at£450. If you need to please add me on messenger Shirley Cameron. Or email me firstname.lastname@example.org. I have to phone numbers that were on the ad. It was there at t.time tonight. I got in touch with Maxine hird from Yorkshire animals lost and found as I couldn't contact you at the time. Really hope its your boy x
- 2016-08-05 22:57 Jackie
- Thank you. That is great. Jackie
- 2016-08-05 11:45 Doglover
- Have added an article re Martin Clunes to our post on Facebook Paw Helping dogs in need.
- 2016-08-04 21:24 Jackie
- Please can you all click on the Western Gazette article on Victor. They will put the story in print if enough people do! We are desperate for publicity. Please share with anyone and everyone! Thanks so much as always. Jackie
- 2016-08-04 14:04 Baydogs
- Today, Somerset Live/Western Gazette-
- 2016-08-03 21:23 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- AND TA12,13,14,15.
- 2016-08-03 19:58 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in BA20,21,22.
- 2016-08-03 19:44 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Bumping due to this possible match advertised. I will request alerts be sent to Yeovil and surrounding area.
- 2016-08-03 08:49 Rachel
- Hi Jackie. I have just looked again this morning, and the dog I spotted is no longer on pets4homes. It is worth rechecking every so often as the dogs for sale seem to " rotate" really often on this site - not sure how it works but guess the sellers have to relist quite frequently. There is also a litter of Flat Coat Retriever pups advertised in Martock, which I think might well be from the same seller, but can't be sure without having the Setter ad to compare details with. The Setter advertised looked similar age and build to Victor, not trimmed as closely around ears. The pigment mark on his tongue could of course just have been mud or dirt - it appeared to be on the left hand side maybe an inch or 2 back from the tip. I will keep looking xx
- 2016-08-03 08:26 Jackie
- Hi Rachel. Just seen your post but no dog on the pets4homes site that I can see. Let me know if you can still see it. Did it look like victor? Possible new lead from psychic that he is north of Yeovil Somerset. This would fit with that I guess. I need to try and get publicity in that area. Anyone living near Yeovil please spread the word and posters. We will go with posters asap. Thank you all.
- 2016-07-30 13:21 Rachel
- Hello - a very long shot - there is a 2 yr old male setter currently advertised on pets4homes.co.uk in Watchet Somerset. Photos appear to show a small pigment mark on his tongue.Please have a look.
Still have Victor in my thoughts, and praying for a happy ending soon xx
- 2016-07-24 15:15 Jackie
- Thank you. I will forward to everyone. Planning to get MP to help if possible to spread the word. Daily Mail have not taken on the story.😤 Keep going though.
- 2016-07-23 16:14 PurpleDragonete
- Thunderclap is at 188 supporters with another four days to go.
Please can you share. Thankyou
- 2016-07-19 00:34 #stoppettheft
- Here is the Thunderclap Link x
- 2016-07-17 19:59 PurpleDragonete
- New Thunderclap will be live in the next couple of days. I will post link as soon as I can.
- 2016-07-17 17:18 Baydogs
- Traveller activity being discussed here that you may find useful-
- 2016-07-16 08:31 Jackie
- Thanks so much to everyone. Please keep looking. Thank you again.
- 2016-07-09 09:03 Angela
- Hi good people after reading the comment 2016-06-13 09:36 Jackie, I have reposted on a Irish setter site with this new line of inquiry. This has brought lots of comments and shares, and there are people checking out sites in their area where there are travellers / funfairs /circuses. Fingers & paws crossed this may help get Victor home.
- 2016-06-26 17:50 Jackie
- Gina Can you add the £4000 reward to Victors entry? Thanks. You never know.
- 2016-06-22 08:41 Jackie
- Tina did you start another Thunderclap??
- 2016-06-22 08:40 Jackie
- Thank you very much. Will do. Sadly Mole Valley forgot to put him in the current newsletter. Should be the next one. Please keep his presence out there. Thank you one and all. Jackie
- 2016-06-16 23:50 Baydogs
- The links may be useful Jackie- Appleby just ended on the 14th June.
Those that come to stay from time to time near me I'll make sure I go along and say a friendly hello whilst admiring their dogs ;)
Oh and if you're not already- keep your eyes peeled on Dragon Driving.Last edited: 2016-06-17 00:04:21 by Baydogs
- 2016-06-13 09:36 Jackie
- Hello everyone. If you know of a fairground or group of travelling people anywhere near you please let me know. I have been in touch with an animal communicator who thinks Victor is being moved around and this is thus a possibility. He should also be in Mole Valley Farmers newsletter this month. Fingers crossed for some news.
- 2016-06-05 08:57 Jackie
- Thank you so much Tina. Please can we ask any Doglost contacts to speak to their local farmers. Now the cutting is going on they can see inaccessible places. We are desperate for news and keen to rule out that he is lying in a ditch etc.
- 2016-05-25 22:55 PurpleDragonete
- Hi It was me (Tina Raymond). I did both Thunderclaps. I will start another soon.
All of Victors shares from the Facebook page "Items for Free or for Sale in Bridport, Dorset" have been deleted. Again. As the administrator has to follow the rules of the site and delete any post that has not been bumped.
I am so angry.
Hundreds of online shares will now have disappeared.
Other sites still have the posts I put up tho.
His Twitter page is also doing well.
- 2016-05-24 07:10 Jackie
Whoever did the thunderclap. Is it possible to do another. It is finished I note. Thanks so much.
- 2016-05-17 12:12 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Email from Jackie,
Bad news today. Sunday beach sightings seem to be a local setter residing in Beaminster. A lady came forward today following another newspaper plea.
Now we only have the 23 rd April at first light. This is not certain of course.
- 2016-05-16 08:23 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Featured in Dorset Echo today.
- 2016-05-15 11:59 Jackie
- Tea rooms done yesterday.
- 2016-05-15 08:43 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Great news that there has been another sighting, if only we could get these sightings called in as soon as they happen. Posters are needed at Cogden, Bexington and the Bull in at Swyre, Egg Cup tea rooms and all the camp sites. Come on Victor, show yourself again.
- 2016-05-14 21:42 Jackie
- Last post came from info from Golf course staff at Bridport golf course.
- 2016-05-14 21:41 Jackie
- A male setter sighted at 0900 last Sunday at Cogden Beach alone. This is between Chesil and Burton Bradstock. Please circulate.
- 2016-05-13 08:15 Jackie
- Yes been in touch before but Jenny hurt herself and unable to help. Will recheck again. Thank you.
- 2016-05-12 23:04 Skywalker99
- Maybe contact Jenny and tiga www.k9tracker.co.uk
- 2016-05-12 21:58 Jackie
- Hi everyone. Received a call from dog walker on Cogden beach. She is certain she saw Victor last Sunday week 24 th April. That would fit with Hive beach sighting the day before. She only rang me as her vet suggested she should, . Reported dog looked OK. Running up to other dogs but would not come to her. Was seen at first in reed beds. We have been away last few days. Will check out Cogden tomorrow.
- 2016-05-12 15:21 PurpleDragonete
- New Thunderclap started for Victor. Plse support & share. TYVM
- 2016-05-11 18:05 Jackie
- Indeed. Awful. Desperate for some news.
- 2016-05-11 11:21 PurpleDragonete
- It is so odd that Victor has not been seen. I have been searching and asking every local I meet and there has been "nothing" apart from the one possible sighting on the beach which may or may not have been Victor.
Lots of online sharing of his post and lots on Twitter and still no news. It is so frustrating with nothing to go on.
- 2016-05-10 17:44 Jackie
- No struggling to achieve that. However Your Dog mag and Dog World mag are planning to help with articles. Please keep sharing and searching . His eyes must be really desperate for medication by now.
- 2016-05-09 18:59 Rose
- Wow Top man Mr Martin Clunes, how generous. I wouldnt be surprised if this doggy was out of the area now. Has Victor been in national paper yet? x
- 2016-05-09 18:59 Rose
- Wow Top man Mr Martin Clunes, how generous. I wouldnt be surprised if this doggy was out of the area now. Has Victor been in national paper yet? x
- 2016-05-06 09:08 Baydogs
Martin Clunes is undoubtedly a first class man.
- 2016-05-04 12:52 Skywalker99
- wow, that's two dogs Martin has offered to help recently, what a generous man!
- 2016-05-04 12:46 Jackie
- I have finally made contact with Martin Clunes who lives nearby. He has kindly agreed to match my reward. This means £4000 now on offer. Please share with anyone you know. It will be in all the papers ASAP.
- 2016-05-02 19:50 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Shared to Friends of Burton Bradstock Beach Facebook group.
- 2016-05-02 10:18 Jackie
- Hi We have eliminated one local male setter. Searching for owners of Fudge seen at Hive cafe between 3 and 4 pm with owners last Saturday . Need to check he could not have been on the beach alone at first light. Then it seems more likely it MAY be Victor.
Anyone knowing setter in that area called Fudge please help with this. Thank you all so much.
- 2016-05-01 07:32 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Thank you Alison, I hope being a bank holiday with lots of people about there may be new sightings.
- 2016-04-30 22:49 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Email alerts sent to postcodes DT6,DT8,TA16,TA17,TA18
- 2016-04-30 22:24 onestopalldogs
- Re shared ONESTOP FB Twitter
- 2016-04-30 22:13 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Oh my goodness Jackie, I am sorry but I have only just seen your post re the possible sighting at Burton Bradstock. Bumping due to this, can posters be put up in local shops and Hive café in case others also saw this dog? May also be able to eliminate a local one.
- 2016-04-29 16:06 Doglover
- any news on Victor. All of the old comments seem to have disappeared. X
Will share to Facebook. X
- 2016-04-23 15:20 Jackie
- Young male setter sighted at first light by a fisherman near Hive cafe Burton Bradstock. Appeared to be alone. Collar but no harness. Came up to him and sniffed around then ran off towards car park. National Trust car park. Please circulate.
- 2016-04-22 18:04 Jackie
- Today I visited two traveller sites but no luck. I am hoping for further local press coverage. Please everyone keep spreading the word. Thank you so much. Vets are helpful to be told anywhere in Uk.
- 2016-04-19 09:13 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- We can bump Victor's page if you can get more press coverage Jackie or if there are any sightings. If still in his original area he would most likely be seen at dusk and dawn moving along hedge lines for cover. Any bins being raided?
- 2016-04-19 09:02 Jackie
- No news still. Will try and get an article in National press . No response to reward offered. We are heartbroken.
- 2016-04-18 04:59 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- EMAIL TO ADMIN...
Re VICTOR....lost red setter
I would pressume you have been in touch with the email@example.com
If not I would do so, it seems by sheer coincidence they have a setter(Frank) that was found wandering in the road about a MONTH ago, and they have tried to find where he came from etc.
I don't know if Victor was chipped, as it seems like Frank might not be??
In my opinion they don't look like each other on the photo, but his stance looked similar. I have four
- 2016-04-14 19:09 PurpleDragonete
- I have started a Twitter page for him at @VictorMissing
His Thunderclap was supported by 308 people and had a social reach of 825,434
Posters were put up locally and his online posters are still being shared and bumped...
and there is still no sightings.
It is so upsetting
- 2016-04-13 10:25 Rose
- Gorgeous boy, someone knows where he is. Could you try getting something in national paper as he could have been taken further away. x
- 2016-04-11 22:03 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- Comment added by owner on 10th April.
10 Apr 2016 at 09:21
Still no sighting despite reward offered in local paper this week
- 2016-04-11 21:57 Poochpal - Regional Co-ordinator, South West
- There were sightings thought to be of Victor shortly after he went missing at Lamberts Castle and a few days later in the Marshwood area but no more recently. There is a large reward offered for his safe return.
- 2016-04-11 08:15
- Sorry to see that VICTOR SIGHTED is missing.
- If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and check that all details are up to date.
- Owners targeted by a malicious hoaxer demanding money for the return of their dog should phone the police on 101 immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A photograph of your dog is essential for the website. If you have not already uploaded one, please do so by clicking on Update details. Alternatively you can email it to email@example.com quoting the dog's DogLost ID number: (99095)
- Obtain a missing poster by clicking on View poster above. Posters are very important so start postering now!
- You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments. You can add comments by clicking on Click here to add a comment.
- Contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, the Police. Give a detailed description with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your area here.
- If your dog has been stolen inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN).
- If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, it can be legally re-homed after seven days. Visit rescue centres in person and do not rely on checking by phone alone. Other people may not recognise your dog by your description, so give them a DogLost poster.
- Keep us updated by keeping your dog's page up to date and check for posts from helpers who may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings
- DogLost is free and anyone asking for money to find or return your dog is not volunteering for us. If you are concerned about an approach you have received, please call our helpline on 01633 668 364. Lines are open seven days a week 08:00-20:00.