Reunited: WHITE German Shepherd Dog Female
- Dog ID 60457
- Status Reunited
- Registered 24 Nov 2013
- Name SAPPHY RTA ON M27 SIGHTED
- Breed German Shepherd Dog
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Large
- Colour WHITE
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 24 Nov 2013
- Where Lost M27 between exit 7 and 5 near Eastleigh Exit (heading Westerly)
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area SO16
- Date Found 27 Nov 2013
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 27 Nov 2013
- Other Info RTA on M27 two other dogs recovered Police aware, she has an ID tag on her collar. Sapphy was last seen near Macdonald's at Stoneham Lane at about 15:00
- Phone 1 07747 697023
- Phone 2 07747 697025
- Listed By Sammie
- Views 7712
- Followers 10
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2013-12-05 23:26 Patlucky
- Brilliant news
- 2013-11-28 22:59 Kinsally
- Wonderful news that Sapphy is home I'm so pleased she's ok & well done to her owner & everyone involved in finding her xx
- 2013-11-27 21:14 Sammie
- Miker her owner posted this on the Doglost South West Facebook page:
"Many thanks! We have just returned from the vet's, Sapphy is tired and hungry but fine. The advise given to us was invaluable. She was spotted late yesterday afternoon at Daisy Dip, where she had been seen several times. Despite being on site in 5 minutes we could not see her and within an hour many people were out looking. We bought some burgers, frankfurters and sardines and placed them around, we also BBQ'd some sausages. Volunteers put posters up and flyers to nearby houses. We stayed until 10. We returned at 4 am with a pack of smelly mackerel and sat in the area quietly with our other two dogs, after an hour or so, one of our other dogs barked and Debbie turned around to see Sapphy about 20 ft away, she was very wary. She was even scared of the other dog so she was tied to a nearby tree. Sapphy even ran away again but this time came back after a minute or so, after 20 minutes of food and gentle coaxing she came close enough to catch. Advise about not looking at the dog, staying down low all worked. We cannot thank all of you enough for what you have done and the sites DogLost.co.uk and GSD's united were brilliant, thank you all!!"
- 2013-11-27 18:48 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- So, so pleased you've got your girl back safe and well xx
- 2013-11-27 18:37 LindaT
- Absolutely brilliant news, I`m so glad to see Sapphy in the blue as soon as I logged in!!
- 2013-11-27 17:50 Sammie
- This is the link for just the video:
- 2013-11-27 17:50 Max, Area Co-ordinator, Cornwall
- What wonderful news, so glad she is home safe.
- 2013-11-27 17:46 Sammie
- 2013-11-27 17:22 Jayne - Head Office
- OOOH...please post the link..tx
- 2013-11-27 17:08 Inkie's Mum
- Such good news, can't log into DL at work, but so pleased. Daily Echo have a video on their website of them post-reunion... stay safe now Sapphy x
- 2013-11-27 15:43 Jayne - Head Office
- Lovely photos! Tx sammie! you may need to press refresh to view...
- 2013-11-27 15:34 Pnki
- Fantastic news. Everyone involved must be delighted . X
- 2013-11-27 14:58 Sammie
- Reunited photo added - copied from our DL SW FB page
- 2013-11-27 14:31 Claire Weston Turville
- Wonderful news to see this beauty safely reunited xx
- 2013-11-27 12:55 janiejewel1649
- Wonderful news. Hope she is okay. Stay safe now Sapphy:-)xxx
- 2013-11-27 12:50 ravenette
- Brilliant news!so pleased to log on and see that the lovely Sapphy is safely reunited. Well done to all involved xxx
- 2013-11-27 11:10 Julie
- Just wonderful - delighted for Sapphy and her owner who has worked tirelessly to find her. Fantastic. Julie xx
- 2013-11-27 10:20 digbysmum
- Great news! Well done everyone. Welcome home beautiful Sapphy - stay safe now xxx
- 2013-11-27 09:39 arnoldpip
- That's the best news so pleased for the doggies and family well done team dog lost
- 2013-11-27 09:26 l0vesustrihar
- Fantastic news :-D
- 2013-11-27 08:58 Jenny & Tiga
- Great news - so pleased to see Sapphy safe after her ordeal and well done to all involved - such a relief. Had been keeping an eye on this one.
- 2013-11-27 08:50 Ellie - Co-ordinator Central Region
- So pleased to hear this! Welcome home beautiful
- 2013-11-27 08:49 millypod
- Great news well done Team Sapphy. So pleased she is safe :))
- 2013-11-27 08:42 twoDs
- Just seen the news and delighted she's safe
- 2013-11-27 08:23 linda gray
- great news this morning
- 2013-11-27 08:05 Trevor Kislingbury
- That's Great news, so pleased for You!
- 2013-11-27 08:05 Clare
- Fantastic news So happy for you Well done to everyone involved x
- 2013-11-27 08:00 SpringerMad
- Fantastic to see this news, Well done Team Sapphy!! Stay safe beautiful girl.
- 2013-11-27 07:59 Kazzie
- excellent news 2 start the day.well done 2 owner and everyone who helped.hope shes ok.x
- 2013-11-27 07:56 Sammie
- I too just got the text to say Mike had her (and details to follow) but had to log on to reunite her!
I am so pleased for her owners as they have been really dedicated in trying to find her :)
- 2013-11-27 07:49 MrsDolittle
- Brilliant news From owner; Just this minute got her, details later!
- 2013-11-27 02:32 claire Huckle
- Would it be worth contacting Chilworth kennels for advice its about a mile or so away from daisy dip/aspen holt/Basset wood.
- 2013-11-26 23:36 Julie
- I e-mailed the Concorde Club a couple of days ago so hopefully they are aware of Sapphy. Really hope tomorrow brings Sapphy back to Mike he is working tirelessly to find her. Julie xx
- 2013-11-26 22:02 Maty
- Might be worth alerting the Concorde Club on Stoneham Lane, they are very dog friendly and close by. Just sharing on FB.
- 2013-11-26 21:42 Kinsally
- Fingers crossed for Sapphy to be found really soon, keep safe lovely girl xx
- 2013-11-26 21:20 Sean Hill
- Are there any updates at all?
- 2013-11-26 17:50 Sammie
- It is Aspen Holt they are at currently searching not Daisy Dip, I have advised to leave his scent there as per scenting instructions to try and keep her in one area. They are still there now.
- 2013-11-26 17:49 Julie Lancaster
- Hi there, have 2 white GSD's myself, can't imagine what you're going through. I live around the area lost, so any sightings you can't attend yourself, please ring 07585508577 and I will try to help. I will just mention that any hoax callers or morons who take pleasure in making stupid, vindictive calls, will be dealt with harshly. Genuine calls only from dog lovers.
- 2013-11-26 15:47 MrsDolittle
- From owner; Just spotted in daisy dip now, there now! Top end aspen road
- 2013-11-26 15:04 Sammie
- 2013-11-26 14:47 Sammie
- Have just texted owner and he confirms no sightings to day.
I have suggested to plot sightings on a map and review movements and look for quiet areas where she may now be laying low.
Shereen, ta, I have told him the link is here if he knows someone who can monitor them.
I will make up some door to door leflets which I can put on the FB page if people want to print off and hand out or go door to door. Will also put on my photobucket account and will put link on shortly.
- 2013-11-26 14:33 Shereen
- I can't imagine you would need these (hopefully) but just in case M27 webcam East: http://www.motorwaycameras.co.uk/choosecamera/?motorway=m27&motorwayid=50
and West: http://www.motorwaycameras.co.uk/choosecamera/?motorway=m27&motorwayid=51
Click on relevant junctions etc
- 2013-11-26 14:28 Linda Flower
- Just finished a longish walk through Hut Wood. No sightings sadly. Have put up some posters around the area and nearby streets. Loads of big houses to seek sanctuary in and around Chilworth with woods behind so might be worth a house to house leaflet drop if anyone can print them and walk around.
- 2013-11-26 14:14 RonnieCSS
- Waren kennels tele 023 8051 0065Last edited: 2013-11-26 14:20:48 by RonnieCSS
- 2013-11-26 14:11 RonnieCSS
- Haver Warren Avenue kennels been contacted?
Last edited: 2013-11-26 14:20:16 by RonnieCSS
- 2013-11-26 11:56 Trevor Kislingbury
- Been out in Hut Wood for the last couple of hours now without success, also no luck with the drive around in the early hours, will try and pop out again later.
- 2013-11-26 11:17 TheOldDogListener
- Don't really want to post wasted info, but misunderstanding about no, listed on my post,
This no, 07851765399 was someone who had spotted Saphhy, NOT the owners or mine xxx
- 2013-11-26 11:01 Teresa
- Rescuedogsrock: Apparently reading on facebook,she isn't keen on other dogs or strangers.
- 2013-11-26 10:21 MrsDolittle
- A few of us walked hut wood 9-10am with no sightings!
- 2013-11-26 09:51 rescuedogsrock
- We will walk our dogs in this area today and text the owner with any sightings. Does anyone know if she is likely to come to people or dogs or if she is nervous ?
- 2013-11-26 08:57 WouldYouLikeAJellyBaby?
- I'm sorry to hear this lovely looking girl is missing. I had a little walk around hut wood this morning (only about 20 mins - didn't venture too far in as I don't know the area and was alone). Nothing to report but am happy to join the search again after work
- 2013-11-26 07:56 Sammie
- Mike the owner has texted me this morning to request:
"Any sightings today (26th) please text immediately to 07747697023/25 don't call as it runs our batteries down too quick. Many thanks. I cannot monitor the posts whilst out looking"
IF YOU POST HERE PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TEXTED HIM.
I have sent him the message listed under by theolddoglistner
Last edited: 2013-11-26 08:03:21 by Sammie
- 2013-11-26 07:54 Sammie
- I have added 3 people to the DL SW FB group this morning but please note people have to be manually added and the page will probably not be monitored by admin while we are at our normal employment (IE not the voluntry work we do for DogLost).
- 2013-11-26 07:42 Kinsally
- Good luck today finding beautiful Sapphy, stay safe beautiful girl xxx
- 2013-11-25 23:55 digbysmum
- Do hope lovely Sapphy is soon back home, safe and well xx
- 2013-11-25 23:34 TheOldDogListener
- I can't seem to join the Doglost SW FB page so posing this here incase it helps. This was posted on St Francis's rescue page today,
"White german sheppered seen looking scared in swaythling area with cut on the eye wouldnt let me get close to her ring me for more info 07851765399 many thanks "
- 2013-11-25 23:24 Sammie
- Mike her owner has posted on the Doglost SW FB page so I will copy what he has said, as they must be exhausted being out from 6am this morning:
"Mike Wright Hi all, sorry about any delays in replying, we have only just got back in since 06:00 this morning, batteries on our phones soon go flat. We thought we had her in one area, the Daisy Dip, as all sightings were in that area. At one point there were 8 of us looking. Then word came in she had been seen on the Avenue, then crossing the roundabout at the top and going behind the Shell garage. This unfortunately leads into a massive wooded area called Hut Wood. We spent several hours in the dark searching a part of the wood. We then went back to Daisy Dip just in case, but to no avail. I would like to thank you all for sightings, they are very valuable to us! I would also like to thank all those helping to search, especially 2 local girls one of whom saw her originally saw her in Daisy Dip, they have been out for hours! Some friends have printed the posters available on DogLost.co and have been handing them out. We will return at 06:00 tomorrow, many thanks to all of you!!"
- 2013-11-25 22:58 Sean Hill
- Thanks Trevor. The owner said on FB that the last sighting puts her just behind shell garage, so guessing that must be yours.
- 2013-11-25 22:57 Julie
- Fingers crossed Saffy will soon be found. Stay safe Saffy I am praying for you. Julie xx
- 2013-11-25 22:57 Inkie's Mum
- If she is running, the distance from the Crem to Chilworth is about 1/4 - 1/2 mile, and Hut wood is just beyond the petrol station
- 2013-11-25 22:49 Sammie
- Thanks Jan, I have just texted the owner to see if I can get a confirmed last sighting as someone on FB thought she was seen near the crematorium which is not near Chilworth.
I won't be able to up date the page till after 2.30pm tomorrow as I will be at work so if anyone does see her can they phone or text the owner direct and if possible update on here when they get a chance. Thanks
- 2013-11-25 22:44 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Photo/s and details updated to show up on her DL poster.
You may need to refresh the page to view photo/s.
Rooting for Sapphy to be found soon. xxx
- 2013-11-25 22:43 Trevor Kislingbury
- Sean I saw her at top of Bassett avenue heading towards the shell garage, so it would seem possible she has gone further that way towards hut wood, but it is a bit of guess work really!
- 2013-11-25 22:30 Sean Hill
- Has she been spotted that far up? Only sightings I know of are between the top of Basset Green & down to the McDonalds at the bottom of the road.
- 2013-11-25 22:23 Inkie's Mum
- Might be worth posting on the Southampton FC site, as most of their players live in Chilworth, with huge gardens backing onto woodland... Hut Wood also leads down to Chilworth Manor and Science Park - they must have a website too
- 2013-11-25 22:19 Trevor Kislingbury
- We live near hut wood, and have just come in from looking, we didn't see or hear anything out their but obviously the search was somewhat limited in the dark by torchlight, will try again in the light.
- 2013-11-25 22:04 Sean Hill
- I'm in the area now and will look. Do we know when the last confirmed sighting was?
- 2013-11-25 21:08 Sammie
- The owner thinks she may be on the common/hut wood by Chilworth.
If any one is able to help the owner search can you call or text him directly as he may not be able to access this site often.
He is staying with relatives while he tries to find her.
I tend to text (as its cheaper)and also incase anyone tries to phone him with sightings.
- 2013-11-25 18:03 Sean Hill
- Any further update? I've not seen anything on FB that would indicate she's been found, but I'm happy to come out tonight.
- 2013-11-25 16:41 rescuedogsrock
- Hope it is her, was just checking in as I am free for a search tomorrow.
- 2013-11-25 16:37 l0vesustrihar
- Everything crossed here its her x
- 2013-11-25 16:13 Sammie
- On a post on our DL SW FB page they say she has been found but no confirmation of this.
- 2013-11-25 16:09 Sammie
- I have looked up the shell garage and that seems to be SO17 1TU, the owner is concerned she will head to Hut Wood but if she was in a wood at least she would be safe.
The garage is quite near the Southampton City Golf Club so I have phoned them to tell them in case she is spotted there.
Thankyou to everyone who has posted.
- 2013-11-25 15:25 l0vesustrihar
- I live in Fareham so if you need any help searching area or have any search parties planned please let me know and i will do my best to help x Good Luck , Keep safe Sapphy hope your home soon x
- 2013-11-25 15:12 Max, Area Co-ordinator, Cornwall
- Stay safe Sapphy sweetheart until you are reunited xx
- 2013-11-25 14:02 Trevor Kislingbury
- Spotted at 1pm ish today dog came from top of Bassett avenue and ran across roundabout and headed in the direction of the shell garage just off the roundabout, by time I turned around I pulled over I couldn't find the dog despite having a search if the immediate area,
- 2013-11-25 13:25 Sammie
- Echo running a storey on her:
- 2013-11-25 13:16 Sammie
- Owner has confirmed he was aware of this sighting and another in a garden near "daisy dip" where they are now.
- 2013-11-25 13:16 Jayne - Head Office
- Sammie and owners informed....who are already in the area with 6 friends...as several more reports of Sapphy have come into them via FB ...good luck everyone!
- 2013-11-25 13:14 Sammie
- Cheers Jayne, received your phone message, have sent info to owner and asked if there have been any sighting since this one.
- 2013-11-25 13:09 Jayne - Head Office
- email from an alerted local helper...
I posted the sign on my Facebook page - a friend saw it running in bassett green close at 8.45 this morning
- 2013-11-25 11:36 rescuedogsrock
- Local pet shops will often put up posters if you email or take them around to them. Pets at home did for me. Sorry I can't search today, but I will certainly be keeping a look out while I am out and about. Hope she is found soon.
- 2013-11-25 07:39 LindaT
- The Concorde Club in Stoneham Lane are dog-lovers, give them a ring and ask if they will display a poster. There are lakes in the park area between Stoneham Lane and the airport, lots of people walk dogs there and there is water obviously and also lots of shrubbery where a dog could go into hiding. Concorde also have a small hotel and they are dog-lovers, the club and hotel are open till the early hours and there is always a chance Sapphy might go there, although I`m not sure how far it is from MacDonalds.
- 2013-11-24 23:35 karen14568
- As Julie below says, although not local to you, we are sharing all over Facebook on GSD pages, lost pets and Southampton pages. We have everything crossed that you get your beautiful girl home soon. xx
- 2013-11-24 22:44 kelsley79
- I have not long got in from looking in riverside just incase she has headed that way x
- 2013-11-24 22:35 Steph
- According to the owner Sapphy was seen near MacDonalds at Stoneham Lane at 3pm, this is confirmed in the above details. I believe that him and his family are currently still searching for her
- 2013-11-24 22:31 kelsley79
- We drove past this accident not long after it happened,I've been advised on one of the groups I shared this with that there was a sighting at 3pm by macdonalds in Swaythling at 3pm approx ,has this been
- 2013-11-24 22:22 Sammie
- Thank you Shereen
- 2013-11-24 22:11 Shereen
- Alerts sent to helpers in SO14,SO15,SO16,SO17,SO18,SO19,SO30,SO50,SO52,SO53
- 2013-11-24 22:05 Max, Area Co-ordinator, Cornwall
- keeping everything crossed for a safe return
- 2013-11-24 21:56 Julie
- We are sharing this on our GSD Utd facebook page and on other groups - I hope this lovely girl is soon found safe and well. Julie x
- 2013-11-24 21:56 Sammie
- Owner is out searching still and is posting remotely on to the Doglost SW FB page:
- 2013-11-24 21:54 Sammie
- In the news earlier today:
- 2013-11-24 21:54 Sammie
- EMAIL ALERTS ASAP PLEASE DUE TO RTA