Lost: Sable German Shepherd Dog Female In Central (CV3)
- Dog ID 55453
- Status Lost
- Registered 30 Jul 2013
- Name STAR
- Gender & Breed Female German Shepherd Dog
- Age Puppy
- Build Small
- Colour Sable
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Very light colouring, has a tuft of hair at end of her tail and is missing her 2 baby front teeth.
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 29 Jul 2013
- Where Lost Brandon Woods, Wolston, Near Rugby.
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area CV3
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Star was on a walk with owner when 2 Irish men stopped to fuss the dog, one then grabbed the lead whilst the other assaulted the owner and they snatched the dog. A rusty transit was spotted in the immediate area - unfortunately the licence plate was not taken. Star is wearing a red diamante collar with a bone shaped tag and a red lead. PLEASE contact the owner if you have any information regarding Star. Thank you.
- Phone 1 07908 664565
- Phone 2 07872 427916
- Listed By JD
- Views 20493
- View Poster
- See more dogs Lost in CV3
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2015-12-19 12:50 charlie and sooty
- Hi. is this beautiful girl still missing, has owner kept chip up to date?
- 2014-06-02 11:48 Julie - Social Media Team, Surrey
- Could owners just check found 69760 I know Star is microchipped but was just wondering if this could be a possibility ? Julie x
- 2014-05-24 20:55 Bella
- Have put ours on dog lost no. 69393
- 2014-05-24 20:33 Bella
- Have you got a picture of this pups parents to see what colour they go when older. We have a 7-9 month old that has been found near Coombe Abbey which isn't very far from where this girl went missing.
- 2014-04-08 20:43 Briony
- Hello, a 9 month old female GSD has been sold on Preloved - apparently found 6 months ago - could it be Star?
see post by Sarah Moss https://www.facebook.com/groups/DogLostNorfolkSuffolk/643111602425561/?comment_id=643120619091326¬if_t=group_comment_reply
- 2014-03-01 21:42 lizzielops
- Hi, There is an 8 month old shep that looks like Star but down as a male on the Cefni German shepherd website, picked up as a stray, called Ace.Last edited: 2014-03-01 21:43:36 by lizzielops
- 2013-08-28 15:09 Wiffy
- Is there no news of Star? I keep trawling Gumtree and net ads - she must be starting to look a little different now.
- 2013-08-09 22:24 Kinsally
- Thank you LisaK for checking the found puppy. Just so sad it wasn't Star & that there is no further news of her :(
- 2013-08-07 09:47 LisaP
- Response re Wirral dog
: Good Morning,
I can confirm that the dog listed is definately male.
Clerk to the Dog Wardens
- 2013-08-05 10:24 LisaP
- The Wirral dog is male unless there is an error on their post - I have emailed them Star's poster to be sure Last edited: 2013-08-05 10:32:22 by LisaP
- 2013-08-05 07:41 Kinsally
Good likeness well spotted losi84. Owner please check this asap as normally only held for 7 days before rehoming. Fingers crossed x
- 2013-08-04 16:39 losi84
- Please can Wirral dog list be checked there is a puppy on there at the bottom only you can tell if its star x
- 2013-08-03 12:53 Kylie
- Have shared on FB, hope she is home soon x
- 2013-08-02 08:40 Wiffy
- Sioux.There are travellers at the 'over the bridge' side of Woodway Lane/Shilton Lane. I tried to have a look but couldn't see anything.
Are there posters in all local pubs, Pet City etc? I don't have printer. I haven't seen any at traffic light junctions or onlamposts yet.
- 2013-08-01 23:56 karen14568 - Area Volunteer, West London
- We will continue to circulate your beautiful star on FB and wherever we can. Fingers crossed you have some good news soon. xxx
- 2013-08-01 23:23 angela
- Hi all the dog that was found in wales wasn't star . Star is short haired there is still no news on star please keep sharing and thank u for ur continuous support from stars family x
- 2013-08-01 22:38 JD
- Was also in the local Rugby Advertiser.
- 2013-08-01 22:37 JD
- Apparently posters have been removed from the area so I have been and put more up tonight. Spoke to lots of people and surprised that so many were still not aware even though they live less than a mile away from where it happened. Noticed it was on BBC teletext two nights running. Have got police to update the age as their press release stated she was seven months and she is only 15 weeks old. More posters going up further afield tomorrow.
- 2013-08-01 20:01 Max - Area Co-ordinator, Cornwall
- I am a member of another dog forum & it has beeen circulated on there. Hope she is home soon.
- 2013-08-01 17:03 Karas_Mum
- That's not her is it???
- 2013-08-01 13:07 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Just had a look at the photo of the found dog you mentioned elspeth but the colouring looks different. Owner should take a look though as only they know for sure.
- 2013-08-01 12:49 guinness'mum
- There is a female being posted on facebook that has been found in Camarthen yesterday
- 2013-08-01 09:05 elspeth
- 2013-08-01 09:04 elspeth
- markings look very similar - not sure if you can get the photo from the link - haven't posted a photo here before so not sure if I am doing it right
- 2013-08-01 08:56 elspeth
- https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s403x403/998424_10200298056074594_2137448904_n.jpg shepherd pup found in Carmarthenshire. Looks longer haired but not sure how recent the poster photo is
- 2013-07-31 18:55 angela
- hi all I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has been sharing and giving out posters about star. star is my sisters dog and all the family are missing her terribly please keep sharing as we would like her home thank you again for everyone's support x
- 2013-07-31 18:41 Riverlady
- circulating on twitter
- 2013-07-31 17:58 Jackalee - (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator, Greater Manchester
- Article on the BBC website
- 2013-07-31 17:56 Nik - PR Advisor
- Was able to talk about Star's situation in particular on BBC Cov & Warks, so I hope this will help. They also repeated Steve's audio from earlier.
- 2013-07-31 17:06 Alison - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- This little dog is known to my daughter-in-law and her family are all spreading the word. Really hope she is made too hot to handle and will be back home very soon.
- 2013-07-31 14:39 Nik - PR Advisor
- BBC Cov & Warwicks have asked me to go on drivetime today to talk about dog theft in response to Star's theft. I'll make sure I mention her.
- 2013-07-31 01:36 Sioux
- Checked out 3 local travellers sites today Brandon lane, woodside & the Mgann site near the airport. Spoke with travellers on all 3 sites, none had any knowledge of star.
Hope she is found soon - shared all over FB
- 2013-07-31 00:08 Unknown
- What an awful thing to happen to Star and her owner. I would just like to say thank you to everyone who is helping to spread the word by postering and keeping their eyes and ears open xx
- 2013-07-30 21:20 Wiffy
- Have shared with all contacts on FB. Does anyone know the location of the 'people' referenced by Nikkidog below??
If they went on road up towards toll bar there has to be CCTV at some point - was the owner and Star by Little Chef park zone??Trying to visualise. I am staggered and appalled in equal measure at the lack of regard and general vile behaviour of the amoral behaviour of such scum. I will do all I can to help.
- 2013-07-30 19:10 JD
- BBC Cov & Warks running story on their breakfast show tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who has pulled together to help find Star. She is definitely hot right now.
- 2013-07-30 18:47 JD
- posters have been put up by a kind lady - "Have put couple posters up Brandon woods , posters off Rugby rd ( Binley woods by allotments ) and given out and talked to people / dog walkers , who will pass it on within their community .... x " just in case anybody else goes out postering. I have also been informed that there is a traveler site just set up off Torrington Avenue in Tile Hill and have passed the info onto police.
- 2013-07-30 18:33 lesleyjane
- Outrageous that this sort of theft ( or any dog theft ) is becoming more common. I really hope that Star is home soon and in the interim is being looked after. I know it is rare that prosecutions ensue in these cases which is probably why they continue to occur. I am too far away to help but am sure the owner is getting lots os help from doglost and that Star is being made really high profile. Local radio and newspapers always a good idea. A reward may well help her to be "found" too? Good luck.
- 2013-07-30 16:55 Nickydog
- Could be travellers. We have Irish travellers locally at present so will keep my eyes open. They have numerous terriers,a poodle and a pug x.
- 2013-07-30 14:59 Julie x
- Is there any cctv in the area?
- 2013-07-30 14:45 Deb4gsd
- I've been sharing on FB also and joined the group! on the police news/press release below it says she is 7mths old not 4mths old! :(
- 2013-07-30 14:30 Rach
- shared in north wales x
- 2013-07-30 14:22 JD
- Star's facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/534718176576928/?notif_t=group_added_to_group
- 2013-07-30 14:12 LisaP
- Shared on our facebook & twitter - hope to see Star home safely soon
- 2013-07-30 13:47 JD
- Police have issued a press release: http://onlinenews.warwickshire.police.uk/wpnews_pressrelease/rss/15511?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
- 2013-07-30 13:35 JD
- It will need a co-ordinator to change the photos around, I have tried but it just keeps uploading the original pic for some obscure reason.
- 2013-07-30 13:34 B30
- Photos changed
- 2013-07-30 13:32 JD
- I have just spoken to Rugby FM who will be running bulletins throughout the day.
- 2013-07-30 13:28 Sioux
- Anita, Any chance of swapping the photo's over so the up to date one underneath is used for poster's?
- 2013-07-30 12:37 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in all CV postcodes.
- 2013-07-30 09:58 JD
- Star has an incident number: 379/29/7 and a Crime No: N13/10546. I have advised owners to contact chip company and list as stolen. Rugby Police are dealing with this and their contact number is 01788 541111. The numbers listed above are that of the owners, email address is Pawprints. Owners name is Steve Turner. They do not live in the location that the dog was snatched. Star is four months old today. My mob 07415 030166 if you are unable to contact owner immediately. Anita (JD)Last edited: 2013-07-30 09:58:30 by JD
- 2013-07-30 09:49
- Sorry to see that STAR is missing.
- If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and check that all details are up to date.
- Owners targeted by a malicious hoaxer demanding money for the return of their dog should phone the police on 101 immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A photograph of your dog is essential for the website. If you have not already uploaded one, please do so by clicking on Update details. Alternatively you can email it to email@example.com quoting the dog's DogLost ID number: (55453)
- Obtain a missing poster by clicking on View poster above. Posters are very important so start postering now!
- You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments. You can add comments by clicking on Click here to add a comment.
- Contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, the Police. Give a detailed description with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your area here.
- If your dog has been stolen inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN).
- If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, it can be legally re-homed after seven days. Visit rescue centres in person and do not rely on checking by phone alone. Other people may not recognise your dog by your description, so give them a DogLost poster.
- Keep us updated by keeping your dog's page up to date and check for posts from helpers who may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings
- DogLost is free and anyone asking for money to find or return your dog is not volunteering for us. If you are concerned about an approach you have received, please call our helpline on 01633 668 364. Lines are open seven days a week 08:00-20:00.