Lost: Black And White Border Collie Female In South East (TN12)
- Dog ID 52354
- Status Lost
- Registered 14 May 2013
- Name LIZZIE REUNITED PUPPIES STILL MISSING
- Gender & Breed Female Border Collie
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Black and white
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars HAS SEVEN PUPPIES AT FOOT! ONLY THREE DAYS OLD as at 14 May 2013 ST0LEN FROM HER HOME IN KENT.
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 13 May 2013
- Where Lost From Kent between 4pm & 6pm stolen with seven puppies from Horsmonden.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area TN12
- Date Found 24 Jun 2013
- Where Found by a lovely lady in the Edenbridge area. Taken to local vets where she was REUNITED THROUGH HER MICROCHIP.
- Found In Region South East
- Found In Post Area TN8
- Date Reunited 27 Jun 2013
- Other Info Lizzie was stolen from her home with her 7 newborn puppies. These puppies are STILL MISSING .. they were born on 13 May. ANY INFORMATION RING 101 CRN YY/9056-13
- Phone 1 07525946415
- Phone 2 01892 723115
- Reward? substantial cash
- Listed By Andy
- Views 88053
- View Poster
- See more dogs Lost in TN12
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2013-08-12 16:43 Paw
- Has anyone checked found dog no. 55833 to see if it's one of Lizzie's pups?
- 2013-08-07 11:11 R.
- Any News On Her Puppies Yet?
- 2013-08-06 23:17 RonnieCSS
- That reunited photo has to be one of the most moving things I've ever seen. I'm so glad Lizzie is home. Lizzie looks pretty happy too.
- 2013-07-18 23:23 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Lizzie's puppies are all black and white with similar markings to her, although a few have more white on their faces.
R: thanks for the links .. we are checking them all.
Anna: Thanks. I have had a look and found the post with 3 collie pups. I'll show them to Priscilla and see what she thinks.
Max: I've had a look and I think they probably are lurchers, but thanks anyway. I will always hv a look at anything people send us, just in case.
Fern: Priscilla has been lucky in that Lizzie is home now. I am sure there will be many people on this page that will support you in your search to find Fern. I hope she too will be back home soon. Good luck.Last edited: 2013-07-18 23:30:41 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-07-18 22:23 Fern
- Hi there, I am sorry to hear that your dog has been stolen. If you are interested, we are forming a group to have a meeting with police officers covering the south east to highlight the fact that dog theft in our area is a problem. My dog was stolen in April and it has been hard to get the support of the authorities. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be involved. Best wishes Jodie
- 2013-07-17 15:26 Max - Area Co-ordinator, Cornwall
- There are two puppies on lostdogsuk.co.uk, described as Lurchers, but they do look a bit like collie pups to an untrained eye like mine!
ref numbers nddc-120713-1300a & 1300b.can anyone verify if they are collie pups? Picked up in dorset, approx 12 weeks old.
- 2013-07-17 00:52 Anna
- Am new to this site but just saw that there are 3 collie puppies on dogsblog, all found abandoned together, they seem to be about the same age as Lizzies puppies would be. Might be worth a look, good luck x x
- 2013-07-12 17:02 R.
- 2013-07-12 16:47 R.
- 2013-07-11 20:55 janiejewel1649
- So pleased Lizzie has been reunited. (Have been out of the UK for a while) Hope her pups are found soon. All xd.
- 2013-07-11 16:17 pollyvinall
- What colour are the puppies?
- 2013-07-10 06:07 ClaireG - Area Co-ordinator, Bolton
- Ahhhh I'm so sorry that this puppy was not Lizzie's. Lovely reunited picture :-) x
- 2013-07-09 22:09 Andy
- Sadly the puppy was not one of Lizzies but we cannot thank the vets enough for their vigilance and the willingness of the owner to come forward and cooperate with us. Thank you.
- 2013-07-09 21:33 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Article in Kent and Sussex Courier. http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/Lost-stolen-dog-recognised-Courier-reader/story-19481324-detail/story.html#axzz2YZsUnWQ4
- 2013-07-08 18:56 R.
- Ahhh, I hope It's one of Lizzie's pups! Would be great to see atleast one of them going to a good home! :)
Hope the rest are found ASAP!
- 2013-07-08 07:42 Nora
- Lizzie would tell you wether it was one of hers, if it is possible for them to be introduced to see what happens
- 2013-07-07 21:37 MandyD
- Great to hear about this puppy. DNA testing would prove whether it is one of Lizzie's or not.
- 2013-07-07 17:24 sprperkins
- Andy, no problem have text you and look forward receiving your email, i am more than happy to help
- 2013-07-07 17:23 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- sprperkins: How kind you are. After all that has happened with Lizzie over the last 8 weeks I was more than delighted to hear that you may have one of her pups and even more that you wld be prepared to let the family have updates on his progress. As Andy says, if you would contact him he will get back to you. Thank you again .. you have helped restore my faith in human nature! Whooo hooo! Nice one sprperkins!
- 2013-07-07 16:49 Andy
- sprperkins, that is great, really appreciate that offer. You have my mobile number so please text me through that and I will email you back. As you cab see Lizzie and her puppies has a big following who would love to know that at least one of them has a great home.
- 2013-07-07 16:10 sprperkins
- Hi, Andy i was the gentleman that called you about the puppy i brought, This is the first time i have looked at this site since i called but i am more than happy to text you an email address and to keep you updated on puppy (We called him Buddy) and to forward you pictures. Last edited: 2013-07-07 21:49:18 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-07-05 21:32 Andy
- We have not heard back from the gentleman who called so without any further information, we cannot confirm whether this puppy was one of Lizzies or whether there were any more where it came from which is a pity. We have also had other puppies highlighted to us which we are looking into. Remember WE ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE PUPPIES AWAY FROM GOOD HOME INTO WHICH THEY HAVE BEEN BOUGHT IN GOOD FAITH. Locating the puppies in good homes would allow us to know they were safe and well.
- 2013-07-05 16:44 R.
- Ohhh, okay. I'll just keep a look out for collie pups then. :)
- 2013-07-05 16:29 maviee
- ah well If this is the case although really bad what this person did they (well at least one) have ended up in a good home! so hopefully they all have safe, secure homes! I bet that has put ure mind slightly at ease! this person was clearly out looking for a fast buck but at least they were not dumped or sold to puppy farms!! (I hope)
- 2013-07-05 08:57 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- Great to know the first of these pups has been located and is in a lovely new home. What a kind gentleman to come forward, well done!
- 2013-07-05 01:24 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- I would like to add my very sincere thanks to the gentleman who rang Andy about the puppy he had bought recently. It was a very kind thing to do. I want to confirm publicly on this Doglost page (so everyone can see) that
>>> LIZZIE'S OWNER WILL NOT and DOES NOT WANT TO TAKE ANY PUPPIES FOUND AWAY FROM THEIR NEW OWNERS <<<
We know that any who has bought one of Lizzie's puppies will have done so in good faith.
As Andy says, this litter was meant to be a special one to them and all they want is to know that the pups are safe and happy in their new homes. Of course, if it was possible, they would love to have a photo and follow their progress. If the gentleman who rang felt able to help with this then please would he ring or text an email address to Andy, so that this could be done in private. Or if you prefer to remain anonymous you could contact me (Clarkey) at Doglost in complete confidence.
- 2013-07-04 22:18 Andy
- Thank you to the gentleman to telephoned with information about a puppy he had bought, please be assured we are NOT going to take puppies away from people who have bought them in good faith. As this was a special litter to us, we would just like to know that they are safe and well.
- 2013-07-04 15:29 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Although stated one boy 6 girls because they were only 3 days old and owner only briefly checked some as she wanted a definite boy for someone. after finding the boy she only briefly glanced so could easily have missed a second boy so cannot be relied upon as definite.
- 2013-07-02 21:27 R.
- Spindle - Thanks, I will keep a look out for them.
Hope they're reunited with their mammy very soon!
- 2013-07-02 20:46 Spindle
- Wasn't the litter one boy and 6 girls? So hope they are recovered soon. Miracles can happen, praying they do.
- 2013-07-01 20:08 xWendyx
- ooops sorry about that
- 2013-07-01 19:28 Drdoolittle
- Hi XWendyX the dragondriving link is the same one I gave on here a few weeks back and the links I also posted on here on 2013-06-29 18:48 are the same person selling puppies. Doglost staff felt puppies are too old and have looked into this. x
- 2013-07-01 19:16 xWendyx
- 2013-07-01 06:04 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- Have updated the posters I put up around Northiam, to say Lizzie has been found and the pups remain missing.
So many people in my village are aware, I think it is good for people to know the outcome thus far, and not everyone is on t'internet, so this will keep folk vigilant for the pups hopefully.
- 2013-06-30 23:05 R.
- 2013-06-30 22:49 R.
- Does anyone know what gender the pups were?
- 2013-06-30 22:48 R.
- 2013-06-30 12:47 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator, Essex & Hertfordshire borders
- You are doing so fantastic with the links! Keep them coming! Well done everyone. xxx
- 2013-06-30 11:34 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
I have sent you an email with pictures to check.
- 2013-06-30 10:26 BordercollieX
- Option to print a poster seems to have disappeared. Visiting Kent this afternoon & was going to take mini posters. I've tried the print option on the share button, but it doesn't work.
- 2013-06-29 18:48 Drdoolittle
This is some info about the area they are selling the pups
- 2013-06-29 18:41 Drdoolittle
- There is a dealer in Sheffield selling Collies and then another breed straight afterwards. They have advertised on dragon living and two other sites.
- 2013-06-29 16:42 angi
- http://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy__sell/pets/dogs/border_collie/20809029/border-collie-pups/view#.Uc8AAfk73hh and this one is southampton and also has dalmatian pups for sale. I always get suss when one than one breed of pup for sale at once as they are often dealers x
- 2013-06-29 16:39 angi
- http://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/buy__sell/pets/dogs/border_collie/20893881/border-collie-puppies/view#.Uc7-6Pk73hh this is colchester and they also have whippets for sale x
- 2013-06-29 16:10 angi
- I could be wrong but my own feeling is they were all sold and passed off as older then she was dumped as no longer needed. I doubt they live in the Edenbridge area as they would most likely drive her away from the area they live in. I hope the gorgeous Lizzie is recovering from her ordeal. x
- 2013-06-29 14:34 reggiemollieros
- I was sent a PM with some adverts as the person thought Lizzie was mine. Here they are. I have used tinyurl to make them shorter
http://tinyurl.com/q7mt3yoLast edited: 2013-06-29 14:36:18 by reggiemollieros
- 2013-06-29 13:46 Hazel
- It is possible finding Lizzie's puppies may also lead to other stolen dogs being found as I suspect someone who would do this has probably done it before and since.
- 2013-06-29 10:30 colliebird
- You wouldn't know if any of Lizzie's pups had a blue eye or not because when they were stolen they were only 3 days old and eyes not yet open. Also light tan markings can sometimes only be seen later. So they "might" have a blue eye etc.
- 2013-06-29 01:23 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thank you to everyone posting links for ads on here. We are, I assure you, following each and every one up. Most we have already been able to discount including dragondriving and Dorset Dog Rescue.
>>> Donzo Findmydog Canine Thank you for those links. I have discounted those as all KC Reg pups with papers and their markings don't match, but appreciate your bringing the ads to our attention.
LIZZIE'S PUPPIES will only be 7 WEEKS OLD TODAY. If they have been sold already they were sold at too young an age but are likely to have been sold as being older.
We feel that some of the pups may have been sold in the South East near to Edenbridge or in the South East area.
If you or anyone you know has bought a collie puppy in the last 2 wks they wld hv bn very young (5/6 wks) and vets would hv said that to anyone if they'd taken them to be checked out.
We would ask new owners or vets to contact us if worried about any puppies like this.
Puppies being sold in the next 2 wks with no mum present .. again please be wary, see the puppies before you consider buying and check with your vet about estimated age if you buy them.
Most advertisers are genuine and we will still be looking at all the ads you mention to us. Thank you again for your help. Last edited: 2013-06-30 14:57:13 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-06-29 00:35 bazil
- It is absolutely brilliant that Lizzie is home safe. Well done everyone. Praying for her puppies to be found too. I have had alerts set up on preloved.co.uk since Lizzie and her pups were stolen, so will keep them activated to keep a check for her pups being put up for sale. I saw the reunited pics on FB, so happy for Lizzie and her owners. Welcome home beautiful girl xx
- 2013-06-28 23:06 Donzo Findmydog Canine
- This could just be coincidence but there are 2 posts on pets4homes.co.uk both same seller, area is Erith, Kent, first post is for 6 puppies and the 2nd post is for 1 puppy, which seems a bit odd. Here are the links, it may be nothing but better to be safe than sorry
- 2013-06-28 21:13 Nikki (Tyler's mum)
- This link is being posted on Facebook it's probably already been checked but just incase could someone have a look. I'm not sure if the pup in the pick is too old to be 7 weeks though.... http://www.dragondriving.co.uk/puppiesforsale-51272.html
- 2013-06-28 18:10 Hazel
- This is probably far too obvious but in this week's Wealden Advertiser there is an advert for Collie pups with a Goudhurst telephone number . I wont put the number here but if anyone wants it and doesn't have access to a Wealden Ad e-mail me at email@example.com .
- 2013-06-28 17:45 Nik - PR Advisor
- Pilot's Mum: Just to pick up on your point about Dogs Today. I've already done the August copy and in any case it's for long term lost dogs, so sadly Lizzie's puppies are ineligible.
- 2013-06-28 16:03 Carol
- Also have been on gum tree and typed in collie puppies for sale in united kingdom and there are loads worth taking a look a few litters of 7 as well xxx
- 2013-06-28 15:52 Carol
- Astore I have been on the link and enquired about the seller of those pups I have the mobile number and area of those pups for sale if someone wants to check them out contact me firstname.lastname@example.org xxx
- 2013-06-28 13:38 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- Jebby - Lizzie was microchipped, which is how she was reunited.
- 2013-06-28 13:28 Jebby
- 2013-06-28 13:17 Debs D
- Dorset Dog Rescue have two brothers aged 6-8 weeks. They blog says they came from Ireland yesterday. Would it be worth checking out.
- 2013-06-28 13:08 colliebird
- That news has made my day!!! So happy that Lizzie has been found safe and sound. Fingers and paws all crossed here that news of the puppies being found will soon be forthcoming and that they all find good homes.
- 2013-06-28 12:45 Unknown
- 2013-06-28 10:45 Netty-B
- So pleased to see that Lizzie is home, with the good work that dog lost do i am sure the pups will follow soon. Welcome home Lizzie, fingers crossed for your babies.xx
- 2013-06-28 09:09 Pilot's mum
- This is fantastic!
I hope Lizzie is fully rescvered and it won't be long before all her pups are found.
Edenbridge is not a million miles from Redhill.I'm off to Austria tomorrow for a week but will keep a look out for them when I return.
Fingers and paws crossed.
- 2013-06-28 08:21 Nora
- I am really hopeful about the pups, fingers crossed soon please xLast edited: 2013-06-28 08:38:43 by Nora
- 2013-06-28 08:14 Nora
- Anyone buying a pup will probably also be going into pet shops and anywhere they sell pet supplies.
I am sure that a genuine person buying a pup in good faith, would be horrified by her story and come forward with information, if they even phoned anon it would be a great help
- 2013-06-28 07:21 Spindle
- So made my day this beautiful girl is safe. As suggested by Val at Valgrays if pups are sold soon could likely be taken to local vets for checking over after they take get them. Sure they are already aware of theft. Praying puppies are found soon. May be worth checking shop windows for ads too. Last edited: 2013-06-28 07:23:52 by Spindle
- 2013-06-28 07:07 Paula Griffin's Mum
- Fantastic news, beautiful reunited photo, have tears in my eyes as I type this, very bitter sweet, I agree the icing on the cake would be to find the puppies too, this has made my day, well done everyone :) :) :), so happy for you xx
- 2013-06-28 06:41 Nora
- Beautiful pictures on Lizzie FB page, Lizzie looks well looked after and healthy BUT THEY TORE HER FROM HER PUPS AND DUMPED HER TO FEND FOR HERSELF.......callous b@stards.....poor Lizzie, and not forgetting all they anguish they have caused her family, personally i would like them brought to account as well as the puppies found, I have always had this feeling they were not too far away, and I am probably stating the obvious, they may not be in Edenbridge, but drove there to dump her, and I still think they are not to far from horsmonden.
This is not over yet.
I fully understand why everyone kept it quiet, it was very important to do soLast edited: 2013-06-28 06:47:41 by Nora
- 2013-06-27 23:53 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- BRILLIANT NEWS Lizzie has been REUNITED. Everyone is doing an outstanding job and keeping everything crossed the puppies are back with their mum soon.
I've uploaded a REUNITED photo of Lizzie with her mum, smiles all round. BIG HUGS to LIZZIE. Welcome home gorgeous girl. (You will need to refresh the page to view the photo). xxx
- 2013-06-27 23:13 Nik - PR Advisor
- I hope you all understand that we couldn't tell you straight away. In cases where there are multiple thefts and one dog is recovered, it may jeopardise continuing investigations if the information is released too soon. We are delighted that Lizzie has been reunited, but the search goes on for her seven, seven week-old puppies, and we continue to need your help.
- 2013-06-27 22:37 astore
- Very happy that she is back home
As there is some one checking out links
I found these pups
I'm sure you have already seen them but just in case.... good luck
- 2013-06-27 22:35 The Black Dog Baker
- Fantastic news about Lizzie, no for all of her pups! So pleased for everyone concerned that Lizzie is home safe & well.
- 2013-06-27 22:21 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator, Essex & Hertfordshire borders
- So glad this precious fur babe is home and safe. We need to find her pups! If they are healthy and loved, I doubt they will be removed but we do need to find them and for the family to see them again. Anyone know of any pups, South East or even further, please contact DogLost. We need to know they are safe and loved. So does Lizzie! x
- 2013-06-27 22:14 Nora
- Bittersweet though without the pups
- 2013-06-27 22:08 Nora
- I have just got home and had to check before I went to bed, what wonderful news I am so happy for Priscilla and BuffyLast edited: 2013-06-27 22:10:43 by Nora
- 2013-06-27 21:24 ClaireG - Area Co-ordinator, Bolton
- Brilliant news to see that Lizzie is home, now to find those gorgeous babies!
Welcome home Lizzie xxx
Shared on FB x
- 2013-06-27 21:23 Hazebella
- sooooooooo happy and pleased Lizzie is now back at home where she should be, really hope the pups can be found soon as well. Amazing hard work you have all done to keep Lizzie a high profile and out there making sure she noticed. Every time you look at the latest comment you hope and hope then when you see the words REUNITED it is a moment of shock but overtaken by extreme happiness. well done Team Lizzie ;) stay safe and close Lizzie xx
- 2013-06-27 21:11 Andy
- We too apologise for continuing to post as usual whilst the initial police investigations took place, none of us wanted to jeopardise finding the puppies if they were to be found. We cannot thank everyone enough for the support and are delighted you can all share in the brilliant news. We are still posting to see if we can locate the puppies. It would be the icing on the cake to know that they are ok as Lizzie was still feeding them when found.
- 2013-06-27 20:34 Mistynsashasmum - Area Volunteer, West Sussex
- Well I am so pleased that Lizzie is home thank the lord.
Will keep looking out for pups for sale.
Poor Lizzie must wonder what is happening at the moment I so hope she is in good health.
Lets hope the pups are soon found now.
Stay safe Lizzie as this is just the best news I have two Border Collies and know just how sensitive they can be.
- 2013-06-27 20:25 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- So very pleased to see Lizzie is home everyone has worked so hard for this result. Hope the pups are found soon too.x
- 2013-06-27 20:22 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Words cannot express just how pleased I am to see that beautiful Lizzie is back with her rightful owner once again. So hoping that the puppies will not be far behind her now. Stay safe beautiful girl. xx
- 2013-06-27 20:14 Ravenette - Area Coordinator, West Sussex
- Oh Wow Amazing! this is the good news we have all been waiting for :) Welcome home sweet Lizzie, so hoping your babies are found soonest xxx
- 2013-06-27 20:13 Max - Area Co-ordinator, Cornwall
- My screen has gone all blurry. My computer crashed earlier, so took dogs out early, just got back & saw this. I am so so happy she is home. Lets hope that the pups are safe & well & they can be reunited.
- 2013-06-27 20:04 jane
- so glad lizzie is home safe,would be perfect if pups find there way home too,so happy for pricilla xxx
- 2013-06-27 19:54 R.
- Will keep looking on sites for the pups... Hope they're back safe & sound with their mammy very soon!
- 2013-06-27 19:39 Eris
- Facebook page has gone nuts!!!
- 2013-06-27 19:32 digbysmum
- Can't believe my eyes! So very, very pleased that lovely Lizzie has been reunited, and is well. Now to find those precious babies xxxx
- 2013-06-27 19:28 Tiga
- Just amazing news and fantastic! Now for the puppies.
- 2013-06-27 19:19 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- all links have been checked out and all seem to be genuine sales od BC pups. As already said we felt a bit guilty not being able to shout it from the roof tops but Kent police needed time for warrants and to follow up leads and saying se was back could have jeopardise the efforts Kent ;police were making.
They have asked we keep her high profile and can ask everyone particularly in the EDENBRDGE area of Kent to keep an eye for puppies being sold and also any new puppies just purchased.
So please continue to watch out and spread the word if we can get a lead on one puppy it could help find the others even if already sold could lead back to where they were bought from.
Thanks to EVERONE who has helped spread the word. Lizzie found now lets see if can find the puppies
- 2013-06-27 19:17 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- CLARKEY - I have emailed you, you naughty naughty person. How long is your nose????!!!! Pinnochio!
- 2013-06-27 19:06 R.
- Was any of the links I put on here any of Lizzie's pups?
- 2013-06-27 19:01 R.
- Ahhhh, GREAT news!!!
Now to get her little babies back!
- 2013-06-27 18:59 Shereen
- Awwww....I hope she's ok...I just hope them innocent little BABIES can be found.xxxx
- 2013-06-27 18:58 Pop's Mum
- This is almost the best news! So pleased that Lizzie is home. Just the puppies now. What a fabulous effort this has been.
- 2013-06-27 18:57 Eris
- I too have to apologise for continuing to post without saying I knew she was back, It was really hard not blurting it out! But we really did have to keep it secret whilst the police were following up some leads trying to find the pups. Have to say the police have been really good. I spent Tuesday afternoon at Priscillas taking photos, (some of which will be posted on the facebook page) Lizzy is well, and delighted to be back.. but every-so-often gets a bit subdued and worried, obviously wondering what has happened, so please keep your eyes out for the pups, they are out there somewhere.
- 2013-06-27 18:56 Zita
- That is amazing. What happens about the puppies now?
- 2013-06-27 18:54 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- I do ..I'll ring you! Please look at the REUNITED photos on this page .. https://www.facebook.com/FindLizzieAndHerPuppiesLast edited: 2013-06-27 19:17:43 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-06-27 18:52 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- Clarkey - You tinker!!!! And you know what I mean by that comment haha!
Still, who cares, she is home and that is the main thing.
- 2013-06-27 18:51 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- OMG OMG OMG!!! Well done !!!!!!
- 2013-06-27 18:49 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- I'm THRILLED to say that ***** LIZZIE has been REUNITED ***** with Priscilla! She was found on Monday by a lovely lady who picked her up in the Edenbridge area. She took her to a local vets where her microchip was scanned and she was then reunited. THANK GOODNESS LIZZIE WAS MICROCHIPPED!
My apologies that we were not able to let you all know sooner but, as Lizzie was still producing milk, the Kent Police were following up various leads in the Edenbridge area. We were hoping to find the puppies as well but have not had any success yet. If you have bought a puppy in that or the surrounding area in the last couple of weeks .. did you see the mum? Did she look like Lizzie? (See new reunited photos on FindLizzieandher puppies page) If you bought a puppy and you didn't see the mum, do you think it could have been one of Lizzie's little babies?? Priscilla wants, above all, to know that the puppies are safe in good and happy homes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ WELCOME HOME LIZZIE!!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- 2013-06-27 18:41 Eris
- Spoken to Priscilla, sadly no, it wasn't one of hers but cudos to the police for taking it around there for her to check it out. She says it was a little sprocker.
- 2013-06-27 18:12 Nora
- Wow, fingers and toes crossed, lets hope, and it shows the police are taking a serious interest, that's good news indeed
- 2013-06-27 18:00 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- PUPPIES are just coming up 7 weeks of age. Please continue to search all ones for sale and we will look at them all. Re comment from Zita Awaiting update from CLARKEY
- 2013-06-27 17:35 R.
- 2013-06-27 17:32 R.
- 2013-06-27 17:31 R.
- How old will the pups be now?
- 2013-06-27 17:23 R.
Check that one out aswell.
- 2013-06-27 16:35 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- Ooh fingers crossed!
- 2013-06-27 15:51 Zita
- Just seen a police person taking a puppy to Priscilla,to see if she could identify it. Does anyone know anymore about this?
- 2013-06-27 14:45 Andy
- Thank you ProtectingPrelovedBCS we are looking into this, much appreciated.
- 2013-06-27 10:30 ProtectingPrelovedBCS
- We have had the following advert emailed to us regarding Lizzie and her pups:
- 2013-06-27 08:44 Pilot's mum
- Dogs Today magazine comes out on 13th July.Hopefully Lizzie will be home by then but,if not. can Lizzie's details be given in there?
Are Lizzie's puppies all black and white or should we be looking for tricolour etc?
- 2013-06-26 20:04 R.
- Clarkey - Here's his Dog I.D number - 53241.
- 2013-06-26 19:44 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- I agree Andy. The advert in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine will be a great help in spreading the word even further. Quite a few dogs have been reunited through Countryman's Weekly, so fingers crossed again!
- 2013-06-26 18:53 Andy
- Just to refocus on the search for Lizzie and her puppies, remember the puppies are just over 6 weeks and will be being offered for sale. Make sure you see the mum with any puppies and if not ask why not, are they trying to hide her because she is too hot to handle?
- 2013-06-26 18:52 Andy
- Microchipping can routinely be found for £10 to £15 with vets now. Would suggest you make sure your pets microchip is one that is registered with Petlog database as not all of them are. Vetsgetscanning have a list of reoommended chips I think.
- 2013-06-26 17:37 Eris
- 2013-06-26 17:08 Eris
- Yes dogtrust are doing free microchipping events, so no one has any excuse not to have their dog microchipped.
- 2013-06-26 16:31 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Carol. A lot of vets have been microchipping at reduced cost now, Dogs Trust do them for free (see their website), most Blue Cross centres do too and in some areas Dog Wardens offer the same service.
- 2013-06-26 16:12 Carol
- police officer told me yesterday that pets at home are microchipping for £10 until the end of June xx
- 2013-06-26 15:48 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thank you Sue. Good to see the page bumped. With regard to microchips. At Doglost we obviously would like all dogs to be microchipped and thankfully it will soon be law. However, it is important that all vets and rescue centres scan every dog that comes in to them so that the system actually works. Brusce's Forsythe's page Vets Get Scanning have a campaign to support this and I would encourage every doglover/owner to sign it. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bruce-Forsyths-Vets-Get-Scanning-Petition/315219701880155?fref=ts
>>> Peggy I'm the Doglost Co-ordinator handling this case. I can assure you that all has & is being done to check all the sites that have puppies for sale. Comments on all our pages are seen by Admin at Doglost so there is no need to forward them on, but thank you for your input.
>>> Ian I'm so glad to hear that Penny has shown herself again. It's amazing how well dogs can cope 'out there' despite all weathers. I'm also hoping that you can catch her soon .. she's certainly giving you the run around. Good luck.
>>> R Sorry your dog has been stolen and yes, we at Doglost will do all we can to help search and reunite all dogs whether they are microchipped or not.If you post link to yr dog's page I'd be happy to share it. Hope you find him soon.
>>> Abbalish Sorry your comment has been 'pinked' ..probably because it refers to the other comments that have been pinked. I'm sure you know that we always value your help with our lost/found dogs :)
As I said yesterday, please would everyone keep sharing and tweeting about Lizzie and the puppies as we will not give up until we get them all home. Thanks. Last edited: 2013-06-26 16:28:11 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-06-26 14:09 Nora
- I think one thing we can all agree on is our unconditional love for our dogs, they are our family, and our compassion and sadness for others losses, and we all want Lizzie back with her family, and cannot understand the mentality of anyone stealing a much loved pet, and we all want to help reunite dogs with their families
Last edited: 2013-06-26 14:12:06 by Nora
- 2013-06-26 13:12 Nora
- 2013-06-26 13:11 Peggy
- Just had a look on the Dog Lost forum and clearly there are a lot of lovely people trying to help. Sadly people buy pups without seeing the parents and probably that is how they will be sold. Even if the owner turned up as a prospective buyer ID from 2 days to 6 weeks would probably be difficult. I suspect they will be advertised for sale. 7 of them at say £200 each is too much for a cheap criminal to ignore. Fortunately cheap criminals are surprisingly stupid and often make mistakes. The national ads need to be trawled twice a day and a single co-ordinator should be arranged now. All us well intentioned folks calling the ads randomly is unlikely to work. Softly Softly - with baseball bat - catchy monkey. Very sadly my concern is Lizzy. Can someone with computer skills please forward my posts on this issue to Dog Lost and any others who are following it.
- 2013-06-26 12:59 Nora
- 2013-06-26 11:43 Abbalish
- 2013-06-26 11:32 R.
- Yes Andy, some dogs aren't microchipped but it doesn't mean people can't still look out & help people try & find their dogs.
My dog that has been stolen isn't microchipped but I'm truly grateful for the people that are taking their time to try & help me find him!
Nora - I'm unfortunatly out of work at the minute but I wouldn't dream of taking someone elses pet/belongings, ect. Although, I see what your sayin - some people are just plain CRUEL & have no feelings on how the owner feels... I'm heartbroken that my dog has been stolen, but I will NEVER give up hope getting him back!
- 2013-06-26 09:58 Nora
- And recently Narla the staffie reunited after a year, lots of dogs are reunited when it seemed hopeless, there is always hope, and lots of it, I still feel strongly Lizzie will be back home soon.
Ian, I hope you manage to catch Penny (naughty girl) I am following her storyLast edited: 2013-06-26 10:01:30 by Nora
- 2013-06-26 09:30 Ian
- Don't get despondent Andy, my dog Penny has been missing 7 months and no news for 9 weeks , then she shows up on a neighbouring farm Monday and later that day 3 miles away in a location she had frequented in the past. Good luck, you have some momentum!
- 2013-06-26 09:25 Nora
- 2013-06-26 09:14 Nora
- 2013-06-26 08:33 B30
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. I hope it brings some news.
- 2013-06-26 07:05 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks to everyone for continuing the search. Unfortunately when a search is going on so far and wide, there are going to be some false alarms and often dogs that are found look remarkably alike, especially collies that have similar markings. Frustrating, but mostly pleasing that people are being so vigiliant during the search. This just makes our resolve to find them even stronger. So please everyone, keep sharing and looking. Many thanks.
- 2013-06-25 18:50 Andy
- Many of the dogs that we are being told about are NOT microchipped which whilst this rules them out as being Lizzie, makes it very difficult to reunite them with their owners as there is no contact details for them.
- 2013-06-25 18:17 R.
- Hope you find them all VERY soon!
Don't know why some people think it's alright to take OTHER PEOPLES animals... Makes me SICK!!!
- 2013-06-25 18:04 Andy
- Visionvalue,Middleborough dog isn't Lizzie, it has been checked but thank you.
- 2013-06-25 17:43 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- 2013-06-25 17:39 Lankeela
- 2013-06-25 17:31 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- 2013-06-25 12:53 visionvalue
- Can someone please take a look at this dog found in Middlesborough if just to confirm it isn't Lizzie. Thanks
- 2013-06-25 10:23 Riverlady
- Just a thought but has anyone contacted the local MIND group......maybe the person who took pups is may have menatl health issues.....and may use MIND services....they hold drop in centres...courses .....poster their premises. MIND have helped us on twitter before so I will try again.
- 2013-06-24 18:24 Eris
- Six weeks :-( it is far far too long :-( Please, if whoever took her is reading this... Even now - Even with the pups at an age where they can start to be weaned...IT is still NOT TOO LATE to get them home to where they belong.. Please just give Lizzy and the pups back. Her mum misses her so much, and so does Lizzy's canine mum. Stealing a dog is taking someones family, if you have kids, how would you feel if someone took away your daughter and grandchildren?
- 2013-06-24 17:59 Andy
- Still amazing support from you all, today it is exactly 6 weeks since Lizzie was stolen but we are still all searching and hoping for good news about her and the puppies. One of us had to go to an emergency vet out of area yesterday and it was heartening to see a poster of Lizzie in their waiting room, "one of their own they said" as her sister is registered with them as a client.
- 2013-06-24 17:57 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Riverlady.
>> Eris Many thanks .. I agree it would be good, but at least you tried.
I'm asking anyone and everyone who follows this page to please keep sharing Lizzie's page and do the same for the posts on Lizzie's Fbk page. We will never give up looking for her and her puppies.
- 2013-06-24 17:53 Eris
- I did try to get an advert up on the pets4homes website but it got turned down. I got a reply saying to just keep an eye on the ads as they can't accept stolen / missing dog adverts. They were nice about it, and said they would be happy to co-operate with the police if we spotted anything we were suspicious about. but it would help if they allowed stolen dog ads on their site.
- 2013-06-24 17:36 Riverlady
- circulating Lizzie every few hours
- 2013-06-24 15:58 Mark Raybould
- 2013-06-23 14:34 Drdoolittle
- Looked on here but only the Sheffield pups which I have already mentioned.http://www.dragondriving.co.uk. It might be a good link to keep checking though as if the person has farming connections they may well advertise on this kind of link.
- 2013-06-23 14:24 Drdoolittle
- There was another dog and puppy stolen from a caravan site near Newark so possible connection with dog thefts. I can't find any info on any found dog matching Lizzie though.
- 2013-06-22 21:54 Andy
- Nora, we have not heard anything about the Newark dog and still not able to find anymore information. We do hope they scan the dog to see if it has a chip because although it is probably not Lizzie he or she may belong to someone else. They did not even say if it was a girl or boy.
- 2013-06-22 06:38 Nora
- Andy, I have been searching too, tried to trace it back on Facebook with no luck, I hope they get in touch, surely they have taken her somewhere to be Checked for a microchip, It would be the most sensible thing to do.
- 2013-06-21 23:06 Andy
- Nora we have messaged the person who posted the photo as there was no link or indication where the dog is in Newark to ask if they can scan the dog for a microchip. Have tried googling found collie Newark and not found a link yet, if anyone does so we can go direct to the rescue who has her, please let us know.
- 2013-06-21 19:54 Nora
- Just asked my husband for a second opinion, as he is more knowledgable about these things, he said you could dye the white to disguise a dog, and thinks the face markings would be the alike without the extra black one side.
- 2013-06-21 19:43 Nora
- 2013-06-21 07:49 Nora
- Napoleon hill once wrote "whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it will achieve" so let us all believe Lizzie will be reunited with Priscilla and Buffy soon, and try hard not to let the doubts and negative feelings in
- 2013-06-20 23:47 Andy
- PennyBw we are tweeting and have tweeted Paul, Battersea and many others about Lizzie. Big thanks to those that retweet but not many celebs do as they get swamped with requests. Great support from Peter Egan and Andy Bell from Erasure who have retweeted on several occasions for us. Thank you too to everyone who continues to post and share possible ads and pictures of Lizzie and her puppies. Cannot thank people enough for the support, we cannot say it often enough. Lizzie... we are all looking for you!
- 2013-06-20 14:35 PennyBw
- why not use twitter as well as am sure POG has a twitter account
- 2013-06-20 12:42 Nora
- New poster works now, great, well done
- 2013-06-20 12:23 Paula Griffin's Mum
- I shared again on FB, I urged people to share & re-share as my comment on FB said, someone somewhere knows something, just have to find that someone. I hope to get to a companion dog show on Sunday, this is in the Rayleigh(Hullbridge) Essex area, I will take some posters of Lizzie with me, I contine to check Lizzie's page everyday, still hoping, still praying...
- 2013-06-20 07:24 Nora
- Erin, highlight stolen after printing, I am going to highlight substantial cash award as well with a bright yellow highlighter, and appeal to some peoples greedy side (sad but true) eyes will be drawn to substantial cash rewardLast edited: 2013-06-20 12:45:19 by Nora
- 2013-06-20 07:19 Nora
- Refreshed many times, tried everything, poster still the old one
- 2013-06-19 22:25 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Eris: You may have to refresh page several times..or look at the poster page as it should show the new photo. Unfortunately we are unable to change the heading on our posters, sorry.
Nora: I too have contacted Paul O'Grady but as Andy says I expect he has numerous requests like ours and his progs are obviously filmed months before being shown. It's good to have some feedback about posters and that they are being noticed.
>>>> To the person who has Lizzie:
Please bear in mind the large reward available. You can contact Doglost or the number above in confidence & anonymously when you want to return Lizzie. IT IS NOT TOO LATE. There will be no questions asked. Just leave her somewhere safe. We will not be giving up the search for her.
- 2013-06-19 22:20 Andy
- You have to refresh the page and the link still shows the old picture but the poster should show the new one. I gather you cannot change the word missing but when we printed one we superimposed the word stolen on it as missing implies run away to many people.
- 2013-06-19 21:25 Eris
- When I click on the photo I still get the original photo.
Also could it be amended to say Stolen rather than Missing? I know lots of people ignore missing ads but would stop to look at one that says Stolen.
- 2013-06-19 21:07 Andy
- Several of us have contacted Paul 0'Grady with no luck, though in fairness he is probably bombarded by similar requests. Sadly we have also noticed there is a reluctance from some because Lizzie had puppies and they cannot be seen to support breeding however planned and considered these puppies were. First and foremost Lizzie was a much loved pet whose owner had her mother and grandmother, the fact she had puppies does not make her any less loved or missed. Thank you to everyone who has shown such great support.
- 2013-06-19 15:29 Nora
- He, she, they would surely have to be on a desert island not to know what is going on, i am miles away in Canterbury, and I have her poster on my car, I quite often come back to find people reading the posters, I have several posters of different dogs, Lizzie and dogs from my area, a lot of people are interested in how I managed to lose so many dogs, so I have to explain about Doglost and the dogs etc, but I am surprised by the amount of people I speak to who have seen the pictures or heard about Lizzie.
Re Paul O'Grady, has anyone tried to get him via battersea Dogs home if he is the ambassador they might pass it on to him, I don't use twitter either, havn't a clue how it works, I will have to get my daughter to teach me.
Last edited: 2013-06-19 15:36:24 by Nora
- 2013-06-19 12:05 Paula Griffin's Mum
- I agree Nora, do we assume that those who took Lizzie & her pups are not reading these posts? Why would they not come forward for the reward, again, I wish I had a crystal ball... I have shared again on my FB page the beautiful heart felt poem :( it breaks my heart. I don't use twitter, but could anyone who does contact/reach Paul O'Grady? passionate about dogs & ambassador for Battersea, I don't know, I'm just at a loss, I look every day on here & hope to see some good news, my thoughts are with Lizzies human family...
- 2013-06-19 09:15 Nora
- Here is the message I would like to get across to the people or person who has Lizzie.
You must be aware by now of the publicity surrounding Lizzie and her pups, you must be aware that there are 1000,s of people following this, with more people every day, you must be aware by now that her poster is everywhere in vets, shops,cars,lamp posts, community halls, schools, and many many other places, her picture is being shared and posted all over the internet worldwide, we will not give up, if anything we will step things up, you cannot hide
When you took Lizzie, you probably did not expect this, you may now be too frightened to come forward, please don't be, we just want them back safe, that is the most important thing, please ring someone and something can be sorted out, at least please let someone know they are safe, just please start talking to someone who can help you get out of this mess and get Lizzie back to her distraught family safe and soundLast edited: 2013-06-19 09:22:43 by Nora
- 2013-06-19 00:06 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Andy: I have changed the poster photo as I think it would be better to have the one that shows Lizzie's markings on there. Hope that's ok with you. You may have to refresh the page a couple of times before it comes up for you.
- 2013-06-18 21:11 Andy
- Thank you Nora and everyone else here and facebook and twitter etc who is helping us keep the momentum of search up for Lizzie. Once again, if you have Lizzie, are reading this, find it in your heart to send her home, no questions asked.
- 2013-06-18 12:47 Nora
- Went into companion care vets today about other missing dogs in my area, and they accepted one of Lizzie as well, assistant had heard about her, so word is spreading quite far, Also put one up at morrisons, posters in the car attracting attention, people are coming up and asking about her, I am giving posters to anyone that will take them.
- 2013-06-18 11:31 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Also checking where there are any car boot sales going on in any area.
- 2013-06-17 22:30 Riverlady
- Still circulating on twitter...we want folk checking every BC pup...+ mum. Will up the tempo a bit next week.
- 2013-06-17 15:35 Nora
- I feel so sorry for Priscilla, the "not knowing" is just horrible.
I have given a poster to my lovely community warden Who is going to help spread the word, and my husband is going to take a poster into work, he works for Jewson they deliver over a very wide area, so all the drivers will know about her, I have also given a poster to my mother in law, who has a farm and horse liveries near Maidstone, so all the livery people will know about her ( one is a police lady).
I will continue to spread the word, I have more posters printed out to goLast edited: 2013-06-17 15:39:06 by Nora
- 2013-06-17 12:32 madrid
- sent an email to Hickstead for help and permission to put some posters up. Their jumping event is attended by loads of people from the 19th to the 23rd June
- 2013-06-17 09:56 Eris
- Thank you so much, Owner called me yesterday and I have to say she is sounding very depressed. She keeps wondering how they treated Lizzy when they took her away and how they are keeping her. But she was was cheered to hear about all the people helping, when you feel helpless it is wonderful to feel there are others out there who share you burden. I like the idea of garden centres. Good plan.
- 2013-06-16 14:57 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Pilot's mum, glad to hear the posters are still there. Thanks Nora & it's a good idea to have smaller posters to put in people letterboxes, on cars in car parks etc. Having one on your car window always gets a lot of attention and works well because they're seen in lots of different places that you go to! Dog walkers can slip small posters/cards in their pockets and tend to chat about Lizzie if they have them, so the word spreads. Many thanks to everyone for their ideas and helping. Last edited: 2013-06-16 14:58:31 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-06-16 14:18 Nora
- Had a successful morning with posters so i am back to print more off, I decided big popular garden centres were a good place to start, one of the staff at Baybrook, Ashford said she saw her on Facebook, so word is spreading, I have also discovered that if you stand around with the posters picture side showing people ask you about her and offer to display posters for you so there is even one now displayed at a motorhome showroom in Canterbury as they get customers and visitors from all over kent
- 2013-06-16 12:17 Pilot's mum
- I checked the posters on Reigate Hill - they are still there. I agree with Nora it would be a good idea to have some small cards to hand out to dog walkers etc with Lizzie's details and phone nos. on
- 2013-06-16 09:46 Nora
- I am wondering if it would be a good idea to make up some smaller versions of the poster and put them under car windscreen wipers in busy car parks, my husband use to do this when he had a digger business in France, he would put business card under wipers on all the English cars it worked quite wellLast edited: 2013-06-16 09:54:32 by Nora
- 2013-06-16 09:40 Nora
- It was one of the annoying free ikea pencils my husband loves so much, but I have a load of posters printed up now so I can start postering all over the place, lots of village fetes etc coming up, and Canterbury city is always full of visitors from all over the place so you never know, also i am from tunbridge wells so most of my friends and family are all around that area, so they will be getting posters to put up as well, even if they just put one in their car it may help
- 2013-06-15 23:59 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- The poem brought tears to my eyes :( I can't imagine how Priscilla is feeling, but I hope she finds some strength in the fact that so many people are helping in the search for beloved Lizzie.
>>> Pilot's mum. thanks for repostering and I agree with Nora. If they are removed again and not by the National Trust then we need to think who would not want them there.
>>> Nora, I daren't ask where the pencil came from! Glad you didn't give up and go and buy new printer! I agree with your comments about missing posters.
It goes without saying that we are not going to give up looking for Lizzie and her pups. They will be 5 weeks old today and I can promise you we are following up all and any ads people are suggesting to us.
If the person who has Lizzie is reading this or you know who has her .. remember you can TAKE HER HOME or somewhere safe at any time and NO QUESTIONS WILL BE ASKED. It is NOT too late. Last edited: 2013-06-16 00:02:39 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-06-15 23:28 Andy
- For those who have not seen, this is a poem, written by Lizzie's owner.
"She looks straight out, through everyone,
From posters placed on fences, windows, notice boards, counters in shops, letters boxes
She was a simple, happy dog.
She would have licked those who came to steal her,
She would have followed quietly with her pups
And now from some dark place
Will she look out at those who stole her
With this same look
Of pure unflinching innocence?"Last edited: 2013-06-15 23:28:58 by Andy
- 2013-06-15 23:24 Andy
- Thank you everyone for highlighting the found dog on Doglost, unfortunately upon checking the rescue center have had that particular dog since 1 May two weeks before Lizzie was stolen from us.
- 2013-06-15 13:14 Pilot's mum
- I have checked the posters I put up yesterday.One was still up but the one I put on the National Trust notice board in Wray Lane car park has been removed - but it could have been the National Trust as they have put some new notices there have put another poster on a prominent position on a tree in the car park and another near the cattery on a public rights of way post just below another poster advertising a day nursery . It will be interesting to see if either the day nursery poster or the one I put up are still there next time I check. The car park and the area up to the cattery are owned by the Council but maintained by the National Trust.
- 2013-06-15 11:47 Nora
- fixed printer, pencil jammed in works, so can now print posters
- 2013-06-15 10:17 Nora
- If they are removed again I would start postering again with a vengeance, who would go around removing posters unless they dont want them to be seen, for obvious reasons, sadly I am nowhere near you, I wish I could help.
I think Priscilla's poem should be made into posters, it was very beautiful and sad and most importantly unforgettable, and I don't how how it cannot fail to move and motivate people to look out for Lizzie, getting the poem in the papers would be good, if possible, maybe the Kent and Sussex courier and the focus?Last edited: 2013-06-15 10:18:20 by Nora
- 2013-06-15 09:52 Pilot's mum
- The poster was but up next to the cattery on the North Downs Way on Reigate hill using the National Trust's stapler so they were aware of it and I have confirmed that they did not remove it.I will check to see if the posters I put up yesterday are still there - they were put up in the same area.
- 2013-06-15 08:15 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Jan/millypod .. I have asked Andy to have a look, but perhaps not enough white on face?
Pilot's mum .. firstly so much thanks for helping with postering. It may have bn the local council removing poster, but as suggested pls wld you put another up and see if it too is taken down?
Drdoolittle .. People often advertise without photos of parents, I've had a look but it says all but one dog pup gone and they are older than Lizzie's pups wld be. Thanks for putting it on here though. Vehicles seen in the area at the time (although very few) have been checked out. Last edited: 2013-06-15 08:17:52 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-06-15 06:50 Nora
- Pilot's mum, Reigate hill is close enough,was the poster moved deliberately do you think, and can you get more up around the area to see if they are removed again, if she is around that way the ******* ( unprintable) guilty party would not want anyone to see them.
I am giving my printer one last chance to work today, before I bin it and buy another one, I live on the (very popular) pilgrims walk to Canterbury and want to get some posters up ASAP
Has any one else found posters mysteriously disappearing I wonder
Last edited: 2013-06-15 06:51:16 by Nora
- 2013-06-15 00:15 Drdoolittle
- Seems like Sittingbourne has had its fair share of dog tefts so might be worth checking out. Was there a white van ever sighted at the time of the thefts? If so there could be a link.Last edited: 2013-06-15 00:16:24 by Drdoolittle
- 2013-06-14 21:47 Drdoolittle
- I have been following this and trying to help find Lizzie. The advert below had no Mother or father to be seen, is that normal?
- 2013-06-14 21:29 Drdoolittle
Last edited: 2013-06-15 09:02:12 by Drdoolittle
- 2013-06-14 17:33 Pilot's mum
- The poster I left on Reigate Hill last Friday has been removed.Two more posters left in Gatton Park near Wray Lane and one on the National Trust notice Board at Wray Lane car park [Reigate Hill].This is close to junction 8 on the M25 and very popular with dog walkers from a wide area and people stopping of from the M25 as there is a cafe.Another poster left at Pets at Home,Redhill.I gave a poster to a dog walker who will copy it and poster Oak Park and Nonesuch Park. Both very popular dog walking areas.
- 2013-06-14 15:40 Jan
- Found this on this site, is this your dog
- 2013-06-14 14:41 cavalierandlhasamummy
- I have shared Lizzie's details on my facebook and twitter, hope Lizzie and her pups are home safe very soon x
- 2013-06-14 08:59 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
Hi can you check this dog please it is in the found section.
- 2013-06-13 22:19 Andy
- Family relative has found a couple more pictures of Lizzie which show her overall markings much better so have updated second picture on photo. Please note her distinctive facial blaze. We have tweeted and facebooked this photo as well and added it to the online ad at Friday Ad so fingers crossed we get a result. We are not giving up!
- 2013-06-12 22:55 Andy
- http://www.friday-ad.co.uk/YI320I706 Hi all, Lizzie's mum has placed an advert in the Friday Ad to see if we can reach the person or persons who took her. Please keep sharing and postering as this has been very effective in spreading the word. We just hope and pray that one of these reaches that person who can help reunite Lizzie with her family.
- 2013-06-12 11:21 Nora
- Found this ad looks a bit obscure it is under bearded collie AND Border collie category doesn't give much info, but age of pups correspond, they were 3 wks on 3 June.
Ad ref DP3231327 www.dogsandpuppies.co.uk/border-collie-puppies/332338. And they are at Dudley West Midlands
- 2013-06-12 10:25 Nora
- In my heart I just know that Lizzie WILL be reunited with her family x
- 2013-06-12 10:08 Nora
- I have looked for the ad but can't find it, has it disappeared?
Can I ask, what were the sex of the puppies? I am searching the ads everyday and checking locally, it might help to know how many boys/girls
I cannot believe how many ads for borders, puppies and adults, it is so sad, you cannot totally dismiss litters on age, as they could lie and make them a week younger or older ( most people would not know) or produce a 'father' for the pups, a gentle lad would be easy to obtain I think to pose as one, and would it be possible to produce fake papers? I don't know? I am assuming all the pups a black and white there are lots of litters with tri's, and merles
Last edited: 2013-06-12 11:25:22 by Nora
- 2013-06-12 09:40 Paula Griffin's Mum
- I think of Lizzie, her puppies, her mum & her human family all day every day, I wish I had a crystal ball/magic wand, please please theives take the reward offered & do the right thing & hand Lizzie & her puppies back safe & sound, please...
- 2013-06-11 22:24 dreena52
- If those that have done this dreadful thing read this, let's hope they do the decent thing and return lizzy to her rightful home. If they sell the babies they should then let lizzie go home to her family.
- 2013-06-11 21:39 janiejewel1649
- Hope there will be a posiricve result in this. All xd.
- 2013-06-11 20:52 Andy
- Thank you Trace, we are looking into this. We cannot thank everyone enough for the continued support and spreading of the word. We know it is working, Lizzie's owner is getting calls from all over the country from people she knows who have seen Lizzie's plight and want to know if there is any news, so that is fantastic. There is a substantial reward for information leading to their safe return and we can only hope this will persuade whoever has her to give her up so we can have her home. So all keep doing what you are doing as it is making her very hot and thank you all. We keep hoping the next post we make will be the one with good news.
- 2013-06-11 17:44 trace
- andy could this be lizzie
- 2013-06-11 17:38 trace
- hi found this
This dog was apparently given to the person that is now also giving this dog away
Black and white border collie free to good home
young dog that was gave to me but nervous and needs a good loving home 07734252936
Last edited: 2013-06-11 17:40:06 by trace
- 2013-06-11 08:24 madrid
- i am off to Hickstead show jumping competition in Susssex next week and will poster there. I am hoping Lizzie will be found and returned by then!!!
- 2013-06-10 17:32 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Just to add that JB brought Tiga down to have a scout around, however it really just confirmed that Lizzie & puppies must hv bn taken in a vehicle. We are still asking everyone to share and tweet please. Have printed some more posters and will be putting them out in couple of days when not working. Last edited: 2013-06-11 00:05:49 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-06-10 15:21 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- South of England Show at Ardingley proved to be a great place to spread the word about Lizzie and her pups. Fm her Fbk page: "A busy three days spreading the word at the South of England Show, gratifying to walk around and see the posters of Lizzie displayed in various places plus promises from those further afield to take posters home. Thank you all and praying for a result" I'm still sharing to keep this girlie too hot to handle. Posters still going up .. the more the better!
- 2013-06-10 09:05 madrid
- went to south of england show. the pdsa already knew about Lizzie so word is getting out. Left posters on various stands. Many thanks to "Wyke Farm" (who sell cheese) were partically helpful and stuck the poster up straight away at their stand.
- 2013-06-09 12:40 Lorraine
- Still sharing and tweeting x
- 2013-06-08 19:32 Riverlady
- tweet circulating...
Plz follow @FindLizzyPups LIZZIE + 7 Collie Pups STOLEN http://tinyurl.com/c3g3g2b #Kent #UK #TN12 #lostmydog Plz RT
whoever is handling the account plz lets circulate again...
- 2013-06-08 02:15 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 4 weeks ago today Lizzie gave birth to 7 lovely healthy puppies
~~ Priscilla and Andy were overjoyed. Lizzie, a first time mum, was so proud of her babies, lavishing great care on them. 2 days later, someone chose to shatter their security & safety by stealing them. Poor Lizzie must have been so confused and frightened. Just imagine how that must have felt. For Priscilla the shock of going from the elation of Lizzie's beautiful new arrivals to total despair & disbelief at their sudden disappearance.
What a cruel thing to do to any dog or person.
>>Pilots' mum, I'm hoping everyone who lives near a vet/has an event going on nearby will follow your example! Many thanks.
>>Nora, I can assure you we have looked into that & every other possiblity. I hope you are right that they are looking after her. However, the very act of stealing her away from the place where has lived all her life and where she felt safe is not showing that they care for her or the puppies welfare. We all share your hopes that we will be able to reunite Priscilla with her beloved Lizzie.
We may not know where Lizzie or her puppies are for now, but one thing is for sure ...
We will NEVER STOP looking for her.
So please all help any and every way you can to keep her TOO HOT TO HANDLE.
Last edited: 2013-06-08 02:23:46 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-06-07 17:28 Pilot's mum
- I have left a poster at Gaytons Veternary Group Redhil and put a poster on Reigate Hill as there will be a big event on the hill this weekend to commemorate the opening of Reigate /Colley Hill to the public 100 years ago.It is probably not connected but the Friday ad has an advert for 8 week old border collie puppies in Horley but they say both parents can be seen
- 2013-06-07 09:11 Riverlady
- will refresh circulating on twitter
- 2013-06-07 08:37 Nora
- I would like to add this thought, because the thieves took Lizzie as well to nurture her pups, they probably cared about their welfare, as the motive was probably monetary they would want to protect their ill gotten investment, so the chances the they are all well cared for are very good, I hope Priscilla can take heart with this thought........and that many dogs are reunited every day, some against all odds x
- 2013-06-07 08:12 Nora
- I have been thinking about this during the night, I am even starting to dream about Lizzie now, I hope I am not going over old ground, but I was thinking about the feed sacks it was assumed that the theft was random because they did not bring a carrier, but perhaps it was someone visiting, or someone that called by, seen the puppies or knew they were there, knew there were feed sacks and because it was broad daylight and they might be seen, and walking around with a carrier would be suspicious, and decided before hand the feed sacks would do
I know it has been a while but can Priscilla try to think back to who was around that week, maybe someone was being nosy or asking about chickens and maybe wandered around a bit
I know it is a long shot but maybe worth a try.
Last edited: 2013-06-07 09:16:45 by Nora
- 2013-06-07 07:44 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- I've at last managed to get the piece that Meridian kindly broadcast on to Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=139896526204533&set=vb.108676119161031&type=2&theater Please have a look and share! jellybeans If the people who have Lizzie want to take her home I am sure they will find a way. We have said all along that it is with 'no questions asked' as the safety of Lizzie and her pups is what is important..that is how it will be. If anyone wants to claim the reward for info leading to their safe return then they will get in touch with the owner and appropriate arrangements will be made. Last edited: 2013-06-07 15:20:02 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-06-06 21:34 Nora
- They won't drop them off if they think they will be "nabbed in the process" they need assurances that there will be no repercussions, I know it is annoying that they will get away with it, but the dogs come first, and they need to know this, but how, is the message getting through? perhaps a different poster campaign aimed at the thieves, especially if the reward is now greater then the value of the pups
- 2013-06-06 19:10 jellybeans
- so how are we going to get this money to the thieves ? Do we have a 'safe house' where the dogs can be left and the money collected ? What are the plans ? These guys wont just drop the dogs off they will want their money so how can it be done ?
- 2013-06-06 19:03 jellybeans
- The people who took Lizzie need to know how much money they can get if they bring her back. We need to have the figure up on the website and facebook. Surely there must be more than two zeros in the figure now ? This has to come down to money and how we get it to the thieves. We need to be more upfront to say here is a lot of money give us the dogs and you can have this money
- 2013-06-06 16:10 Nora
- Madrid I checked the link, looks like a older male pup in the picture, too old to be lizzie's
- 2013-06-06 16:03 Nora
- Or they could just split the puppies up and sell in two batches to try to avoid suspicion, they could try to sell the puppies then hope to pretend they have found Lizzie to claim the reward, or they could be incredibly thick as well as sick and try and sell them more openly, or they may be waiting and hoping for the publicity to die down ( It won't) they may be frightened to come forward as they don't believe that they can take the reward and run without any repercussions, as there is so much emotion going on.....so please please if you have them and are reading this, leave them somewhere safe and call someone, ring the numbers given, so someone can collect them search your heart please. Everyone wants them home and that is all that matters now.
- 2013-06-06 11:25 madrid
- collie pups for sale on dragons driving website http://www.dragondriving.co.uk/puppies.php in sheffield. can someone check this please photo of bitch there.
- 2013-06-06 11:20 Eris
- Good Point Nora, Also to point out that don't just look for litters of 7 pups, it sadly could be that some of the pups might not have survived this experience. Especially if Lizzy is distraught and being a first time mum and all. :-( So looking for litters less than 7 shouldn't be discounted by any means. I do wonder if this might be what has happened and has made the thieves anxious about coming forward for the reward? After all, why take the risk of selling them, (and of course poor sweet Lizzy) and risk having the chances of someone who buys a pup getting suspicious and reporting where they got the pup from - rather than claim the reward? It doesn't really make much sense.Last edited: 2013-06-06 11:21:22 by Eris
- 2013-06-06 09:24 Nora
- This may be already obvious to most people, but just in case, check local small ads in local papers, shop windows, supermarket ad boards etc, as this is so high profile now they may try to advertise in a quieter fashion
- 2013-06-05 22:34 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks RonnieCSS. We are currently checking all the ads that people hv sent us links to and appreciate your help. There are now a couple of new photos of Lizzie when she was a puppy. Her pups will look like this soon ( https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=174567699377413&set=a.166897333477783.1073741826.166894510144732&type=1&theater ) I can't thank everybody enough for your support for Priscilla, it is so hard for her and also for Lizzie's mum who is still pining for her. We are still spreading the word and your continued kind words and encouragement mean so much to us. Thank you. Lizzie, we are looking everywhere for you and your pups. If the people who have you are reading this I would just ask you how you would feel if you had something you loved taken from you? Please, please return her, no questions will be asked. We just want to Lizzie home safe with her distraught mum.
- 2013-06-05 13:01 RonnieCSS
- pets4homes collie puppies for sale within 74 miles of Horsmonden
- 2013-06-04 21:21 jellybeans
- Guys who stole her, if you look at Priscilla with her young dog you can see the love. Please come and take the reward. Thank you
- 2013-06-04 21:20 jellybeans
- ..another youtube to link to to raise awareness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwmVV2kEVwY
- 2013-06-04 15:05 Andy
- Thanks to Eris some pictures of Lizzie and her litter when they were puppies now on our facebook page. These may give some idea of what the puppies could look like now. We really hope if those who took are reading this page that they realise that Lizzie is so much more than a dog, she is family and families should be together. Please let Lizzie and her pups come home.
- 2013-06-04 13:15 Eris
- Thank you all. I've been emailing vets with a personal request for help until the early hours, my typing fingers are about worn out, I am pleading with them to help by putting up posters and alerting all their surgeries. I've had some nice replies :-)
Odd how some vets seem totally determined to keep their online contact details secret, whilst others are really open and easy to email. It gets pretty difficult sometimes. :-(
- 2013-06-04 12:42 Paula Griffin's Mum
- This is just so sad, had tears in my eyes when I read the comment from Eris that Lizzy's mum was crying softly to herself the other night :( - sad but it also makes me EXTREMELY ANGRY that Lizzy and her puppies have been taken
- 2013-06-04 09:32 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- 2013-06-04 09:19 bmb1991
- Hi I work for a courier company called delta uk express we do alot of work for nhs and other larger logistics companies tnt, city link, ukmail. All our drivers are self employed so I will get each of them to put a poster in their vans/cars. I will also put it into our vets at mote park maidstone. X
- 2013-06-03 18:52 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Eris.. I've emailed a lot of the vets after speaking to them & most local Kent/E Sussex ones have them on their missing lists. However there are so many in & around the area I'm bound to hv missed some. So if anyone has a vet or rescue centre near to them, please would they help by making sure they have a poster? Any help with this wld be great please! Again asking for HELP PLEASE ..we need posters to be everywhere & anywhere in Kent,Sussex & Surrey (& anywhere else in the country as we don't know where Lizzie is) Pls give/put up posters to postmen, milkmen, taxi drivers, bus drivers, ice cream van drivers, schools (children are good at spotting things!), post offices, doctors surgeries, outside supermarkets, village shops, in bus shelters .. anywhere a lot of people will see them! We know that POSTER POWER works ..it just takes that one person to see them & hv the right information to ring up. If you or anyone you know is on Facebook please ask them to share this page. Same goes for tweeting. Just get the word out to as many people as poss. You hv all been fantastic doing this so far, but we need to keep Lizzie TOO HOT TO HANDLE! WE can do this, it's a lot of work but will be more than worthwhile to get Lizzie & puppies home. Thank you.
- 2013-06-03 17:30 enc10
- I just wanted to say how much attention the poster in my car is getting. I am seeing people reading it daily especially when at dog walking places. Even when parked on my drive the postman and various delivery drivers have seen it, so word is getting out. I cannot recommend people having a poster displayed in their car enough. Hoping you are home soon Lizzie! It might also be worth sending posters to schools, kids tell teachers everything so letting as many teachers know as possible might be a good idea.
- 2013-06-03 14:01 Eris
- Just spoken to Priscilla, Lizzy's owner she says is there anyway people reading this can please contact their vets and make sure their vets are aware about the theft as it seems the message that these pups are stolen is STILL not sinking in with some vet practices. (she was phoning around today and found some who were surprised to hear about it) Presumably the emails end up in the vets spam folders or suchlike or the receptionists just ditch them? The pups will be 4 weeks old this next weekend, at that age they look very cute and the chances are the theives will sell them off too early.. Someone might end up having to take one of the puppies to their vet and could lead to the others So we really do need all vets alerted. Especially if you live in the Kent Sussex and Surrey areas. P says Buffy, - Lizzy's - mum was crying softly to herself last night :-( I sort of wish she hadn't told me that...:-( She says to say Thank you all so very much for helping try to find Lizzy and the pups
- 2013-06-03 13:03 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks & no problem cs..it's very easy to do and admin has reinstated it. Many thanks ErisLast edited: 2013-06-03 13:07:04 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-06-03 12:58 Eris
- I have found a good article on aging puppies by their teeth. It could help anyone who is suspicious that pups advertised for sale might be younger than a seller claims.
- 2013-06-03 12:43 cs
- It seems I "pinked" someone's message on this page by mistake - sorry it was a complete accident!
- 2013-06-03 10:54 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks CJ. Paw ..Thanks to you too, that's appreciated.
- 2013-06-03 10:44 Andy
- Have found a you tube video of some four week old collie puppies NOT LIZZIES, MUST STRESS THAT but it will give you an idea of what 4 week old collies look like. Quite heartbreaking to see what they could look like. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBohiyfByeE
- 2013-06-03 09:45 Paw
- Sorry I have taken my message off - I am emailing her direct to ask permission first as she may not want website and email address being so public - will update once I have a response from her.Last edited: 2013-06-03 09:52:19 by Paw
- 2013-06-03 07:09 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- I was wondering if worth putting a SIMLAR photo of the puppies at 4 weeks. They would not look like a BC pup and would give an idea which we would change as pups grow.
NEED a picture of a 3-4 week black & white BC puppy that we can use so if anyone has one they will authorise the use of it might help to ID them.
I have emailed a BC rescue asking if able to assist as well.
- 2013-06-03 02:05 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- sandra Thank you..I've sent a couple of suggestions about how to donate without using Paypal to Andy. Thanks Claire,Sandra & mathers22 for suggesting the newspapers. I have already done that so the more emails they get the better! Lizzie, we are working really hard to find you girlie. Don't give up hope, we will NOT give up.
- 2013-06-02 22:17 mathers22
- E-mailed - see if they respond xx
- 2013-06-02 22:07 mathers22
- I'll e-mail the Daily Mirror xx
- 2013-06-02 21:51 Andy
- Will also be emailing Daily Mail and Telegraph to see if we can get any help. Thank you for suggestions. LIZZIE WE ARE NOT GIVING UP ON YOU.
- 2013-06-02 21:50 Andy
- Lizzie's supporters have looked into using paypal but the legalities were preventative to setting up a paypal account. Will look into another way to reach non facebookers asap and THANK YOU everyone.
- 2013-06-02 21:10 jellybeans
- Reminder There is a VERY SUBSTANTIAL CASH reward for information leading to the safe return of Lizzie & her puppies. We are asking for any information (anonymous if necessary) to be given to either to: Kent Police .. Ring 101 quoting CRN YY/9056-13
The number on the Doglost page 0752 5946415 or Doglost on 0844 800 3220
From what I understand the reward is worth more than can be made through the sale of these dogs and its cash. No questions asked just safe return of the dogs for cash. Call us if you know anything, even better just tell us who has the dogs right now and doglost will do the rest. It could be a member of your family, a neighbour, someone at work, someone who has said something at the pub. Lots of people know who has Lizzie and her pups and it only takes YOU to tell us who it is
- 2013-06-02 20:19 Sandra and Murphy cat
- I know when i donated to Kip's reward i sent it through paypal,maybe something like that could be set up?
- 2013-06-02 20:09 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Also The Daily Telegraph.
- 2013-06-02 20:08 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Sometimes The Daily Mail will put out a story on stolen dogs. They could be worth a try.
- 2013-06-02 19:41 dreena52
- I think Sandra is right, for those that don't have Facebook and for those that do but unsure how to go about it, can there be a posting of how people can donate towards the reward. I think this one is gripping every ones heart strings. Also, I expect it has already been thought about, but what about a story in a daily newspaper, or even a paid advert.
- 2013-06-02 18:37 Andy
- Thank you to everyone, the continued support is great. We are planning to give out leaflets at the South of England Show this week which has people from all over the county and beyond so maybe spread the word a little bit more. Can only endorse what Clarkey says, it is not too late to give Lizzie and her puppies back, there is so many ways you could do it, not questions asked. We really hope that that one person will read this page and let Lizzie and her babies come home.
- 2013-06-02 16:25 Sandra and Murphy cat
- Can someone tell me how to donate as i don't do facebook.So sad following this story of poor Lizzie.Please bring her and her pups home!
- 2013-06-02 15:16 janiejewel1649
- Hi Clarkey. Thank you for your help. Will do.
- 2013-06-02 12:55 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Hi janiejewel1649 Thank you so much. Wld you go to Lizzie's Fbk page https://www.facebook.com/FindLizzieAndHerPuppies?skip_nax_wizard=true & leave a private msg with yr contact details please? They will be in touch to let you know how to donate.
- 2013-06-02 11:18 janiejewel1649
- Will donate towards the reward money. Can you donate through DogLost donate button via paypal?
- 2013-06-02 09:19 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks dreena52 I will pass that on to Priscilla. janiejewel1649 we all agree that it would be great if Lizzie and the pups were returned. If anyone knows where Lizzie is pls remember there's a big reward (more than the sale of the pups wld make) The people who have her know by now that all they have to do is leave her at her home (in the middle of the night if you want) or somewhere safe where she can be found (you cld call Doglost anonymously to say where) If you are reading this & you want to take Lizzie home, please, please, please do so. It is NOT too late. It's a no questions asked situation and it would make P day.
- 2013-06-02 03:30 dreena52
- I'm liking the idea of anyone donating as much as they can towards the reward, I will be doing this, the more that can be raised the better. Also, I'm not sure how the owner feels about contacting a medium, I know of several dogs that have been found this way. There is one in Suffolk that helps police in solving crimes, so it may be worth finding a good one nearer her home and take along her collar etc. at this stage anything is worth a try . We must all help in whichever way we can, ths little family must be found and hopefully these excuses of human beings dealt with.
- 2013-06-01 22:20 janiejewel1649
- Praying hard that these thieves will do the right thing, and return Lizzie, and her puppies. They are low life.
- 2013-06-01 20:05 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Meridian did their bit & showed the piece about Lizzie & her puppies this evening. It was a very short piece, but at least it was shown. It's a shame they didn't show more as Priscilla made a very heartfelt plea to the people who have Lizzie explaining that the reward was more than they would ever get for the sale of the puppies. Any TV airtime is very hard to get, so many thanks to Meridian Tonight for showing it. It also means I can 'bump' this page.
- 2013-06-01 15:00 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Owl. ProtectingPrelovedBCS many thanks for letting us know & for yr regular posts. Sounds good. Lots of tweets last night but unfortunately not enough people to get it trending! Well done to all who helped. Just to say that I had a msg fm Meridian..it appears there is a different Producer every day and the kind lady who emailed us on Thursday was out reporting so was unable to notify us. I used to work in TV & it is always difficult to say if/when an item will be aired as things change so quickly esp on a news prog. However, I know we are all hoping that it will be shown very soon. Thank you so much everyone for everything you are doing. Priscilla is very appreciative. If you wld all please keep postering & sharing the link to this page we can keep Lizzie & her pups in the limelight.
- 2013-06-01 10:34 Owl
- @Paula Griffin's Mum, sadly this appears to be a theft and tracking won't help as a dog with 7 pups will surely have been carried then gone off in a vehicle.
- 2013-06-01 08:57 Riverlady
- tweeting Lizzie a lot.
- 2013-06-01 08:27 ProtectingPrelovedBCS
- Threads were started on the major farming forums on 14th May: http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?11413-STOLEN-IN-KENT-Collie-bitch-amp-seven-pups&p=169082#post169082 regular postings are also being displayed on Protecting Preloved Border Collies facebook page
- 2013-05-31 18:29 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Was watching Meridian Tonight to see Lizzie' owner Priscilla make an appeal for the safe return of Lizzie and her puppies. Unfortunately nothing on again, but they will show it, just not sure when. Pity they did not tell us this time as so many people expecting to see it. SPECIAL REQUEST .. If you are on Twitter, please would you TWEET TWEET and TWEET again as we are going to try and get Lizzie and her puppies 'trending' .. put what you like with @FindLizzyPups (pls follow them!)& #spillingthebeans ~~ @wigmore_welsh has got it going! Reward for safe return of Lizzie and her pups etc Thanks. Last edited: 2013-05-31 19:19:19 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-05-31 13:30 Paula Griffin's Mum
- I've been in touch privately via FB about donating to the reward offered, please please can I say to anyone reading this, please also donate what you can afford, imagine if there was a £1 donated for every view on this page... Just another thought, has any scenting/tracking been done does anyone know, would that be too late to try now?
- 2013-05-31 07:07 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Unfortunately Meridian Tonight were not able to run the story last night but they have it on their website now and it will be shown this evening ITV Meridian 6-6.30pm (again subject to any breaking news stories) I'm glad to see lots of you are still sharing, many thanks & please carry on as we need to keep Lizzie & her puppies in the public eye.
- 2013-05-30 17:08 jellybeans
- Reminder There is a SUBSTANTIAL cash reward for information leading to the safe return of Lizzie & her puppies. We are asking for any information (anonymous if necessary) to be given to either to: Kent Police .. Ring 101 quoting CRN YY/9056-13
The number on the Doglost page 0752 5946415 or Doglost on 0844 800 3220
- 2013-05-30 17:00 jellybeans
- Tweeted to Appleby Horse Fair and they were kind enough to send Lizzies details out to all their followers which was kind. Best places might be postering in pubs garages and hairdressing salons in the area. I'd love to know where the scum bag is who is holding Lizzie,
- 2013-05-30 11:19 Sue.W
- A long, long way from home but I suppose Lizzie and her babies could be anywhere by now. Appleby Horse Fair (Cumbria) takes place next week - I think it's 5th-12th June. This is the biggest travellers' meeting in the country. Is anyone close enough to poster around Appleby and surrounding area? I know it's a very long shot, but at least the publicity would spread far and wide. Stay safe Lizzie and babies.
- 2013-05-29 23:54 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Nik! Just to remind anyone who has information about Lizzie's whereabouts.. there is a substantial cash reward for information leading to the safe return of Lizzie & her puppies. We are asking for any information (anonymous if necessary) to be given to either to: Kent Police .. Ring 101 quoting CRN YY/9056-13
The number on the Doglost page 0752 5946415 or Doglost on 0844 800 3220
- 2013-05-29 22:34 Nik - PR Advisor
- All this broadcast coverage is excellent. If media contacts get deleted again, give me a shout !
- 2013-05-29 20:26 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Keithwellens..thank you so much, that's very kind & will be a great help keeping Lizzie & pups in people's minds. Mary H..hv had & look & agree with bazil, but thanks for the info. Bazil, thanks to you too for watching that site..good move! We still need more posters up in Paddock Wood, Cranbrook, Brenchley, Marden, Goudhurst & Staplehurst please. Is anyone able to help with this? Bit of a panic 2day as Priscilla rang me to say Meridian had left msg for her but she had managed to delete it along with contact number! Luckily I got thru to them & they rang her back. Then went to see P only to find that Meridian were due half an hour after I got there! Just a cameraman who filmed & asked the questions too..all a bit rushed but P did a fantastic job under difficult circumstances. Hopefully it will be on Meridian Tonight (SE area) 2mrw evening provided no big news story breaks. Lizzie, don't give up hope of seeing your mum again & take good care of those babies of yours. We are still searching for you & we will NOT be giving up.
- 2013-05-29 01:10 bazil
- Hoping the interview on the Radio will help get Lizzie and her pups back home where they belong. I have had daily alerts set up on preloved since Lizzie was stolen and have seen the dog in the link below. The face and head markings look different to Lizzie x
- 2013-05-29 00:56 Mary Heatley
I think the colourings are different but worth checking out. Can I just say I hate the ideas of people posting dogs on a website called preloved!
- 2013-05-29 00:50 Keithwellens
- I run a Facebook group called Talking Border Collies I have posted this link and the video on there also on twitter, I will do this every day until she is found, please everybody keep sharing
- 2013-05-28 23:17 jellybeans
- Lizzy is now front page on google search. I have put together a youtube vid to share on fb, twitter etc. If you put Find Lizzy Pups in to Google.co.uk she is up now. Here is the link to share and share http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1BgUYb95PgLast edited: 2013-05-28 23:18:04 by jellybeans
- 2013-05-28 20:59 ClaireG - Area Co-ordinator, Bolton
- I really hope Lizzie and all her babies are found and reunited asap xx
- 2013-05-28 15:40 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Owner you did a fantastic interview as did CJ....
- 2013-05-28 15:39 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Tx for that Clarkey......email from CJ earlier link to BBC radio...............
scroll along to 2.03 into the programme which started at 9
That's more an intro on what's about dog theft coming up then music ''its a feeling'' so you can skip straight to interview with owner 2.07, 2.13 CJ
- 2013-05-28 14:12 Eris
- postered around a fete I went to near Midhurst yesterday, where they had a small dog show. The poster in the back window of the car does attract attention. I got stopped this morning by someone enquiring about it.
- 2013-05-28 13:43 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Came home to see page bumped! Great stuff CJ, well done. I emailed Alex Bish when Nik suggested it 2 weeks ago. Thanks to BBC Radio Kent. Got everything crossed that we hear some news of Lizzie and her pups soon. Last edited: 2013-05-28 13:47:33 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-05-28 11:29 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- bumped as Lizzie and her pups just had interview on BBC Radio south east along with police co ordinator CJ.
- 2013-05-28 11:29 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Featured this morning on BBC radio Kent . Interview with owner then questions about theft to me. Website number given out a few times.
hoping someone will hear this and provide the details needed to find Lizzie and her pups.
- 2013-05-28 09:19 madrid
- Went to a local farm shop in Hangleton near Brighton to get some carrots for the horse. They have a poster up there already so word is getting about! I have emailed the One Show today to see if they can help. We wont give up!!!
- 2013-05-28 01:27 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Many thanks for yr posts & I agree jellybeans, Eris and Nik. Thanks to enc10 & organisers of Higham show, that's a great help! Massive thanks to Heathfield Show organisers who let me poster strategic places on showground (even in Secretary's cabin) and for giving me & my hubby 2 Guest Member badges for the price of one. Also thanks to all the kind stallholders who put posters up. I gave out 70+ posters to visitors (printer's out of ink now!) all of whom agreed to share & pass the word around. I know there are lots of people looking at this page wanting to see it in the blue. That's what we are all hoping for..so we need to keep sharing, tweeting and postering to make it happen. I just want to thank you all for your support and I say it again..we will NOT give up. Lizzie, we are STILL looking for you & your pups. Stay strong girl & trust that we will find you somehow. Last edited: 2013-05-28 01:33:33 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-05-26 21:38 Nik - PR Advisor
- Just to echo Eris's comments: Take the opportunity to go to an event with a poster in your car. Every extra person who knows about Lizzie brings a better chance of her being found. KMFM and BBC Radio Kent are bound to be doing bank holiday shout-outs, so give them a call and ask for one for Lizzie.
- 2013-05-26 13:03 jellybeans
- Posters are stuck in my car side windows, plus the poster can be emailed out. I was emailing the poster to people on my address list last week. Does anyone know anyone with a big blog or newsletter following that Lizzies details could be put in ?
- 2013-05-26 12:25 enc10
- We will be postering around the fun dog show in Higham nr Gravesend tomorrow, the organiser has said that posters can be placed around the rings and on judges tables and hand out flyers. Hope it helps to get word out there!
- 2013-05-26 09:20 Eris
- This is an appeal for ANYONE who is reading this to do something useful this bank holiday. If Lizzy's story has touched your heart in any way, then please PRINT OUT A POSTER, and put it up at any function you attend this bank holiday, Fetes, Garden parties county shows, Farmers Markets, Car boots sales anywhere you are going. And if there is nowhere to stick it then put the poster in the side rear window of your car. Someone somewhere knows where Lizzy and her pups are! Please don't sit saying , ''oh that is awful,'' and then notbother to DO anything. The poster YOU put up might just be the one to tip the balance and bring her home. You have a better chance your poster bringing her home than you do of winning the lottery, so take a gamble and put that poster up for Lizzy.
- 2013-05-25 06:27 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- An early start for me today. I wonder how Lizzie is? Will it be the day we hear some news? I keep hoping and praying that we hear something positive. I can assure you all that we are doing our absolute best to find Lizzie and her puppies who were born 2 weeks ago today..what a sad start to their little lives. How I wish I was a miracle maker. Everyone has been so fantastic helping share this page and I can only ask you to please KEEP sharing, tweeting & if possible postering wherever you are. Even if it is only one poster, it will help. I would just love to put the smiles back on her mum's face & see Lizzie safe home again. If you know where Lizzie is please, please let us know (anonymously if you want), I promise we treat all info given as confidential. If you have Lizzie & her puppies, please remember there is a reward for her safe return (no questions asked) Lizzie, we are still looking for you, we want to get you home .. Priscilla is distraught & your doggy mum misses you so much she howls for you. We will NOT give up, so stay strong girlie. Last edited: 2013-05-25 06:30:04 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-05-24 21:16 Mistynsashasmum - Area Volunteer, West Sussex
- Please give Lizzie back she needs to be home with her babies.
Come on Lizzie where are you girl? Last edited: 2013-05-24 21:26:22 by Mistynsashasmum - Area Volunteer, West Sussex
- 2013-05-24 08:11 Paula Griffin's Mum
- Hi Clarkey, thank you, my private msg got through via Lizzie's FB page & I've heard back :) - come on everyone if we all pool together what we can for the reward & make it too tempting for the thieves to pass up... Without wanting to steal wording, but 'every little helps!'
- 2013-05-23 22:49 sheepdogs
- Probably another coincidence but new advert on Preloved for Border collie puppies,ready 05/07/13 .Would be similar age to Lizzies pups. ( Staffordshire )
- 2013-05-23 21:22 Andy
- Thank you to everyone who has contacted us via the Facebook page with your wonderful offers of help, please bear with us as we sort out the details and we will get back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime we are still doing all we can to spread the word about Lizzie and hope she comes home soon.
- 2013-05-23 19:58 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Whoever has Lizzie and her pups please do the right thing and leave them all somewhere safe and let the owner know. No questions would be asked they just want her and her pups back safely to her rightful owner.
- 2013-05-23 19:14 Flojo
- This is just heartbreaking, I can't stop thinking about Lizzie and her pups and her owner must be desperate to get her back, I can only imagine..... Please whoever has her give her back I beg you!
- 2013-05-23 16:07 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- From Find Lizzie & puppies Fbk page: "Lizzie's doggy mum was howling in the night, something she has never done before, she was inseparable from her daughter, they did everything together with their human mum. She is obviously missing Lizzie very much. If anyone watched Paul o'Grady Dog Programme and saw the bond between the dog mother and daughter on there you can imagine how distressing this is for both Lizzie and her dog mum. Please give her back !!"
I wish I could ease their pain. Please keep sharing the link to this page & 'Find Lizzie and her puppies' (https://www.facebook.com/FindLizzieAndHerPuppies?skip_nax_wizard=true) Fbk page. Thanks.
- 2013-05-23 14:32 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Springermad..thanks for pointing that out. If anyone wld be able to put posters up in any of those places, please leave a comment here. Thanks. madrid..that's excellent, well done and thank you! Our thanks to Dog World for helping. PG's Mum..let me know if you do not hear back from yr msg.
- 2013-05-23 13:29 Paula Griffin's Mum
- Hi Clarkey, Area Co-ordinator East Sussex... good idea I've sent a private message, I hope it gets through (I'm not very good on FB)
- 2013-05-23 09:37 madrid
- Sent an email to editor of Dog World who have agreed to put this in there magazine!!! A huge big thank you to Dog World there are some really wonderful people out there. I will email them details and photo of Lizzie. Last edited: 2013-05-23 09:54:15 by madrid
- 2013-05-23 06:27 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- Hi all, I was driving through from Goudhurst, Horsmonden, turning at the Green and down to Collier Street and into Yalding yesterday. I didn't notice any posters along that Road, and it is quite a busy one with lots of traffic. I am wondering if anyone who lives that way could put a few up along there? There is a fishing lake just outisde Collier Street which can get quite busy, so one could go in there too. Also Paddock Wood and Marden areas if there is anyone that way.
I shall be passing through there again but not until mid week next week, as I have work commitments and could do some then, but if anyone is free to put any up between now and then, I think it could be extremely useful and may just jog people's memories of any suspicious vehicles etc.
- 2013-05-22 21:08 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Well it's another day for Lizzie & her pups away from Priscilla & her mum. The search goes on. Thank you Sue for your kind offer. I've spoken to P and she has asked me to say that she is very, very grateful for your & the other offers. She really appreciates your generosity and kindness. Please could I ask everyone (jellybeans/Jo-K/Paula Griffin's Mum & Sue) who has offered to help with the reward on offer to private message the 'Find Lizzie and Her Puppies' page (https://www.facebook.com/FindLizzieAndHerPuppies?skip_nax_wizard=true) giving your contact details and how/what you would like to give. That way the family can keep track of who wants to help & let you know how to proceed. If someone finds Lizzie and her pups but does not want to accept any reward then obviously anything you have donated would be returned to you. The theft of Lizzie & her newborn pups has touched the hearts of so many people & I too am heartened by the help you are all giving by sharing, tweeting, postering & by the many words of encouragement on this & her Fbk page. Last night my friend & hairdresser Dominic (Dominic's Barbers) gave Lizzie a mention on Hastings Rock Radio(87.7fm) & she is also on their Fbk page, so many thanks to him! It must be so hard for P not knowing where or what is happening to Lizzie. We have to hope that whoever has her is treating her well so that her puppies are growing in the way that they should. Please keep sharing, tweeting and posting encouragement to us .. we need to know you are all still helping in the search for Lizzie. WE WILL NOT GIVE UP. We will do everything we can to get her back home safe and sound. Lizzie..please try to take good care of those little babies of yours. We are going to find you one way or another, it's just taking some time.
- 2013-05-22 15:29 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- I expect the Police are working very hard to get Lizzie back. I doubt they would want any prospective 'leads' on a public forum such as this, as they would then be giving informtaion to the people who are holding Lizzie and her pups. Hopefully cctv footage checks are/have been underway. Fingers crossed someone comes forward with her location shortly.
- 2013-05-22 08:26 jellybeans
- So what are the police leads on this ? This was a crime, a theft from private property not a dog running away and getting lost. Surely we need more help from the police to give us all the information they have. If the crime took place between such a small time frame then there must be CCTV footage at local garages perhaps road cameras that can identify people wandering around at the time. Have local residents been asked to check their house CCTV just in case the face of a known thief shows up. What was the outcome on the post earlier about a vehicle seen in the area ? I cant find the post now, can we arrange a local meeting of residents just in case someone saw something ?
- 2013-05-21 22:26 Sue
- I too would happily make a donation towards a reward to try and get Lizzie home. am a friend of a friend of Lizzie's owner, just can't imagine what she is going through. Just let me know how.
- 2013-05-21 19:07 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Another day away from home for Lizzie and her puppies. Paula Griffin's Mum, that's so generous of you & I will make sure that Ms M (Priscilla..Lizzie's owner) knows of your kind offer. madrid Thank you for postering, telling us where you put them & for passing word around. Hope you had time to enjoy the fair as well! You and everyone else are doing a great job helping us. Please keep sharing and tweeting. P is so distraught without Lizzie (& her new pups) This is the time they should have been enjoying their new lives in the comfort of their home. Someone must know where they are. Lizzie will be so confused as she has never been away from her own mum (who can't understand why she is not there & keeps looking for her) or her owner and has spent her life playing & doing doggy things at home. Please, please take Lizzie home or leave her somewhere she can be found (no questions asked) It's not too late to do the right thing.
- 2013-05-21 12:55 Paula Griffin's Mum
- checking for news & very sad to see Lizzie still in the red, seeing Jo-K's comment, what a good idea, we will happily add to the reward offered, if those that took Lizzie & her babies see this & are driven by money but it gets the desired result & gets them home to her family then it has to be worth it... Paula, Lee & Griffin
- 2013-05-21 12:22 madrid
- placed on "missing dogs" on K9 community site..
- 2013-05-21 11:54 madrid
- put up poster up in Hassocks Pet Shop. Passed word around at Sussex Longdogs. Had a looksee around Wickfair Fair. There was some black puppies for sale which looked much to young to leave there mum they were approx 5 weeks old. Lizzies pups eyes will just be opening shortly so these were not them.
- 2013-05-20 23:43 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Not so many comments tonight but judging from the huge amount of views, a lot of people watching Lizzie's page for news. We are all hoping for something positive to happen from the postering, sharing and tweeting that everyone's doing. Jo-K thanks for yr kind offer to add to reward & for letting yr friends know about the dog in T/W. Thanks to Davina McCall and many, many others for RT'ing. It's bn a long week for Mrs M, her friends & all of us, but most of all for dear Lizzie & her pups. We must have faith that someone out there will do the right thing so Lizzie can be home with her mum again .. PLEASE.
- 2013-05-20 20:40 Jo-K
- We live on the same lane where Lizzie was taken from and all totally heartbroken. I have let all my friends in Wadhurst/Ticehurst know about the sighted Collie at the weekend and Fb shared this twice. Also really kindly Davina Mccall tweeted it last night (she has many followers!) and she's local. My children loved Lizzie and we just hope someone reading this will just let her go.
We will add to any reward and have told the owner this.
- 2013-05-20 19:40 mathers22
- Shared on Facebook again so wish they could all be found xx
- 2013-05-20 14:07 Eris
- Thanks Fly but sadly thats not Lizzy.
- 2013-05-20 13:54 FLY
- 2013-05-20 13:08 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Wow! Nearly 30,000 views of Lizzie's page! Lots of tweeting going on this morning and sharing too! Well done everyone and thanks. Have also had a msg from RG saying Alistair Monk from the BBC is interested in the story..if you are reading this Alistair we need as much help as possible pretty please :) to make Lizzie too hot to handle. Fingers crossed! Last edited: 2013-05-20 13:14:59 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-05-20 11:27 Andy
- We can not say thank you enough times to everyone who is helping. This is a very real situation and owner is distraught as is everyone who knows Lizzie and what a sweet dog she is. Please continue to help, one week is far too long to be away from this loved member of the family.
- 2013-05-20 10:00 BattyB
- Lanes and woods checked again around Ticehurst this morning but sorry to report no further sightings. Will check again early evening.
- 2013-05-19 23:42 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Today Lizzie's puppies are one week old. I just wish they had been safe at home, but it was not to be. So sad, but the search goes on. Eris..DL submits dogs to the stolen dog section too, but it is usually for working dogs. There have been an amazing amount of views on this page now and we're hoping that everyone will continue to 'share' it far and wide please. The word is out there and we ARE making Lizzie TOO HOT TO HANDLE! Please keep the momentum up everyone, you're doing such a fantastic job! I'm also asking you all to put a poster or 2 up in your area..POSTER POWER works, we know that. Lizzie, please look after yourself and those tiny pups..we are all still trying to find you. We will NOT be giving up.
- 2013-05-19 23:37 colliee
- So sorry Lizzie and pups are missing.
Spotted these pups advertised on preloved,in kent, but probably too old?
- 2013-05-19 15:00 Eris
- Thanks for all the hard work everyone. I note Paul Ogrady has a bbc2 radio show on at 17:00 tonight. I did email him about this but wonder if anyone with twitter could send a tweet to the program today to ask him to mention her? Now added to the Farmers Weekly interactive site, where they do have a stolen dogs section. Also submitted to the ''its been nicked site''
- 2013-05-19 14:42 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks and sorry I missed you Mandy..no idea how to get Fbk/internet on my hubby's tel and mine too old to hv it at all! Just back home after having good scout around the woods and lane up near Bewl. No sign at all and the dog would have 'holed' up by that time if in feral mode. I don't think it's Lizzie as was reported going through bins in gardens on the B road on Mon, and apparently Mrs M says Lizzie would be good at catching rabbits. There are loads in the woods where we were, so unlikely to go out & up lane & on to road/do gardens etc. but will not discount it .. anyway if it's thin it needs to be caught. Dog in Poole, Dorset area turned out to be a male..talked to finder but not sure where female and pup got added in! Thanks anyway as need to follow these up. Thanks for that Eris, sounds like you have it covered in theat area. On with the search! Lizzie we are all looking and praying for that miracle .. God willing.
- 2013-05-19 13:20 bazil
- Just seen on FB a female collie been found in Poole. Believedoglost co ordinator has been informed. Fingers crossed it is Lizzie x
- 2013-05-19 11:30 Eris
- Is anyone going to the 1940's steam day/weekend today May 19 at Tenterden station? If so please take posters. Thanks
- 2013-05-19 10:54 MandyD
- I have been up and down the Ticehurst to Wadhurst road a couple of times and no sign of anyone or any collie. Clarkey I have messaged you on Facebook with my mobile number. Happy to come back out now or any other time if I can help.
- 2013-05-19 10:51 Eris
- Posters were put up and flyers posted through every door along the Spelmonden road Horsmonden on Friday, also posters left at: The big food company at the top of the road, the fisheries site, and put through office doors ( it was getting after hours!) at the spelmonden oast house estate. Poster left in Pets at home T.wells and The Hare PH the Robin Hood PH in T wells plus the Moby Dick mobile chippy and a mobile cafe in the T Wells area, all nice people and happy to help. Posters put up along the wadhurst to Ticehurst road as well incase it was that collie. I can't see Lizzy being away from her pups, but we really have no idea of the circumstances of she is in at the moment.
- 2013-05-19 10:39 Alice_P
- it was retweeted by a semi-famous person I follow, had no comment on picture/update from finder to say it had been reunited so not to retweet-have commented on the pic now, so hopefully that'll break the chain. The finder/initial poster really should have kept their twitter up to date, just wastes time and effort if people are following up dogs that are already reunited
- 2013-05-19 09:52 MandyD
- On my way in a very distinctive demountable camper
- 2013-05-19 09:41 Riverlady
- Its not me retweeting the similar dog....it gets very diffy filtering throo the false flags.....un dated....no area ....random pics of dogs. Lots are out of date. On twitter we guide owners to register dogs onsite then we have a date....an area....to focus on.
- 2013-05-19 09:37 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- There has been another sighting of collie in Ticehurst area. Am going to go there now. My not be Lizzie but worth going as dog is thin and needs catching if poss. MandyD .. if you are around I have small blue Citreon car W reg..wave or stop if you see me with another lady!
- 2013-05-19 09:16 Paula Griffin's Mum
- This is just awful, I can't believe it, I will post on FB & ask friends to re-post, everything crossed for you & sending positive thoughts
- 2013-05-19 05:15 MandyD
- I am in the Ticehurst area as well so can go out today if there is another sighting of a collie nearby. I went along that road about 8am yesterday but saw nothing and back at about 4. Poster was taken to an agility show at Golden Cross.
- 2013-05-18 23:42 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- If anyone has information about Lizzie, her whereabouts or anything that would lead to her return you can call 101 with crime number, email or telephone Doglost (anonymously if need be) ALL information will be treated as confidential. Lizzie & pups safety is the important thing. Please help us get her home. Last edited: 2013-05-18 23:43:20 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-05-18 23:38 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Hv bn trying to follow up sighting of thin collie on Ticehurst to Wadhurst rd 7am y'day reported to us. I don't think it was caught, no vet in area had it brought in and not on animalwardens site. Hope someone sees it again, but hv local lady keeping her beady eyes open & postering. In fact, she has postered in Wadhurst, Goudhurst vet, Bedgebury Pinetum cycle hire, cafe & office & around Bewl, & met a lad there who took some for Northiam. Thanks to springermad, this lad & others I think Northiam is well covered now. BD has also done Ticehurst. That's awesome & u r a great helper, thank you (you know who you are BD!) Alice_P yes, well spotted re the tweet, I did confirm in my comment on 14th at 15.52 that this collie had bn reunited just after moving her page to the blue. Pls bear in mind that we all work on a voluntary basis at Doglost & it sometimes takes s while for updates to happen..however not sure it's DLost who's doing the retweeting..maybe u wld reply to tweet with comment reunited pls?? Zita, madrid and Celia ..that's brilliant so thanks to you. I've been checking vets in area & hv emailed several more including Vets Now the out of hours service. Also bn to Pets At Home, Hastings with posters & they were very helpful.. thanks Mark. Continuing to share and request updates on postering. Twitter for Lizzie is now working well thanks to some great advisors/helpers ..thank you Black Dog Baker & others on Lizzie Fbk page!(https://www.facebook.com/FindLizzieAndHerPuppies) Biggsy77 hv you a link pls so I can look? Sheepdogs:I can confirm what Andy has said about Mrs M's facilities as saw 4 myself y'day. They are all clean and cosy, not smelly or in bad condition like some I've seen. Ravenette, we had noticed that, but nothing else was stolen at time Lizzie & pups were taken. Andy, you are being great helping answer stuff on here when I can't post! Thanks. I'm hoping I haven't missed anyone! To each & everyone of you & others who are helping but not posting on here..we appreciate your help and interest. We WILL & keep making sure Lizzie is TOO HOT TO HANDLE with your help. If anyone else has suggestions just let us know please. Lizzie's mum Mrs M is still shaken and very upset & just wants to take Lizzie in her arms & hug her, to have her home where she should be, safe & happy again. Mrs M & friends should be enjoying the 1st wk of this litter they hv planned for so long.. such a cruel theft. Lizzie .. everyone is out looking for you, trying to get you home and we won't give up. PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE. God willing ... ...
- 2013-05-18 19:11 Biggsy77
- It may be a complete coincidence but someone has just posted an advert on the Gloucestershire horse riders facebook page offering 7 collie puppies for sale. I can not really see from the picture if the mum looks the same but the puppies look like they are a mix of black and white and tan and white. Possibly 3 tan and white and 4 black and white??
- 2013-05-18 17:54 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- ah ok, but good of you to spot it and report it on here in anycase.
- 2013-05-18 17:52 Alice_P
- http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=52343 the dog on twitter has been reunited, no-one had seen fit to update twitter or stop it being retweeted grrr
- 2013-05-18 17:39 Alice_P
- That's the one-thanks SpringerMad x
Never sure if Twitter time is USA time or if it depends on the profile settings of the person who tweeted. It's all too complicated, bring back carrier pigeons I say!Last edited: 2013-05-18 17:42:13 by Alice_P
- 2013-05-18 17:38 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- Not sure but looks like this one was found on 13TH MAY, but the post looks like it was the early hours of that day, whereas Lizzie went missing later that afternoon, but deffo needs checking.
- 2013-05-18 17:34 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
this one Alice_P ?
- 2013-05-18 16:49 Alice_P
- @shorehampets on twitter have shared a pic of a black and white bc that looks incredibly like Lizzie, found in Brighton. I can't work out how to share a link to the picture. It's probably not her, so I don't want to raise any hopes, but would be good if this dog could be ruled out. Keeping my fingers crossed for Lizzie and her babies x
- 2013-05-18 15:18 janiejewel1649
- I can see that Lizzie, and her babies are being made "TO HOT TO HANDLE! All xd for the safe return of Lizzie, and her pups.
- 2013-05-18 15:07 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Very quick update to thank you all again for your help. Met owner, Mrs M y'day which, I think, helped her. Explained how much support she has from everyone ( no internet out there so she can't see this page or Fbk) Good to see publicity in Kent & Sussex Courier (Paddock Wood edition)so many thnks to them being so on the ball .. bumping page to top 'cos of that! Will do further update later. Keep it up everyone.. you are all stars! Poster, poster, poster please .. POSTER POWER works!
- 2013-05-18 14:58 jellybeans
- Lizzy is on fb, twitter and all over the internet. now she needs to be on every single vets fb page, preloved, gumtree, epupz.... everywhere. We have to appeal to the best nature of anyone close to this theft to give us information. We have to say it as it is. This dog is effectively like a daughter to the owner, who also has Lizzie's Mum Buffy. This is an evil heartless theft. A border collie is not highly desirable breed, you can buy a border collie for virtually nothing or even get one free off the internet, especially a black and white one. There is a reward sitting waiting to be claimed by the person who gives information for Lizzies return. We need to get this out to as many people as possible. If someone thinks that they can get a few hundred pounds for returning the Mum & pups or information leading to their recovery then they might pick up the phone and call
- 2013-05-18 08:48 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- Yes, I read that article, but I am sure further down or in the next paragraph they referred to her as a 3 year old collie.
- 2013-05-18 07:46 Eris
- Cant get link working on this tablet, but prob, just me, however I can confirm she is not twelve! I've noticed over the years that journilists rarely get any age correct. Hopefully if anyone reprints the story they will look here first and see you have pointed this error out.
- 2013-05-18 04:21 MandyD
- Just looked at the This is Kent story and it has Lizzie's age as 12! I believe that she is 3. Can this be corrected as it is so completely wrong.
- 2013-05-17 22:22 jellybeans
- Hi ravenette the link http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/Puppies-day-old-stolen-stable-Horsmonden/story-19014464-detail/story.html#axzz2Ta3XcPvj
works fine on my google chrome browser
- 2013-05-17 21:53 Andy
- Thank you The Black Dog Baker for your offer of suggestions re Twitter. Any suggestions on what we are doing welcome, very new to tweeting. Have kept tweeting the dog lost page, sadly only have two pictures of Lizzie to use. thank you everyone for all the suggestions and help on here and FB page.
- 2013-05-17 21:50 Ravenette - Area Coordinator, West Sussex
- I tried to share the this is kent link on fb....but the link is broken....went to their website and found the page but it to isn't working... I will try again later xxx
- 2013-05-17 20:47 jellybeans
- If the person who took Lizzie and her pups is reading this or someone who knows who the person is who took Lizzie then please do get in touch. There is a fairly substantial reward for information leading to Lizzie's safe return
- 2013-05-17 20:41 jellybeans
- Good write up in This is Kent, another useful one to share. http://www.thisiskent.co.uk/Puppies-day-old-stolen-stable-Horsmonden/story-19014464-detail/story.html#axzz2Ta3XcPvj
- 2013-05-17 20:21 Ravenette - Area Coordinator, West Sussex
- I have read somewhere that there is a spate of chicken thefts going on in Kent, so maybe they came to case the place as the owner keeps chickens and chanced upon Lizzie and the pups and stole them as they would make more money from them. The whole business is very, very sad and I just hope that someone does the right thing and hands these poor babies back xxx
- 2013-05-17 18:52 sheepdogs
- Please don't think I think badly of the owner,I'm sure she is at her wits end.My own collie was reared in a barn and she is a marvellous dog, I just know that some people think if a dog is not kept in a house then it is being neglected.
- 2013-05-17 17:56 Andy
- I don't think anyone seeing the stable that Lizzie was in would have thought it was an improper place to be, it was clean and warm and close to the house. Knowing the owner and having been to her place on numerous occasions, I do doubt this was the case. Where we bought our collie from he was reared in a stable and he was the bonniest healthiest puppy ever, well socialised and better cared for than some that I have seen reared "indoors". I really want to dispel this myth that Lizzie was somehow not well kept by having her puppies in the stable, this owner loves her dogs and other animals and keeps them very well indeed.
- 2013-05-17 17:30 sheepdogs
- Was anything else stolen from the property? Is it possible that someone knew of Lizzie with tiny pups living in an outhouse and thought that they weren't being treated properly? Why would anyone steal such young pups? Surely if they were after making money they would have taken the pups when they were a little older.Maybe it's someone known to Lizzie,someone she was happy to let touch her babies. Just a thought,I'd prefer to think she was being well cared for than the alternative.
- 2013-05-17 16:09 The Black Dog Baker
- Happy to give some suggestions on Twitter if you are still in need of some advice; good to see you are using the link to this page on tweets, suggest you also add that to the profile as 'your' website - people will be able to come straight to this page. Also keep up with asking the celebs for RT's & use pictures of Lizzy & of her poster in some of the tweets too. Feel free to DM me on there if you need too - @BlackDog_Bakery.
- 2013-05-17 15:17 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
They have also been posted on the above link, to e-watch which also has a large following. I notice quite a bit has been happening around Horsemonden in recent weeks.
- 2013-05-17 15:10 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- all local vets in a large area was done by Clarkey . But if anyone want to take a poster into vets it wont hurt to double up!!
- 2013-05-17 14:55 maviee
- have you thought about contacting local vets, pet shops? puppies that young may have needed specialist treatment n if these people are trying to sell them without suspicion they may have gotten supplies at pet shops n slipped up asking someone for help?
- 2013-05-17 14:16 Zita
- Have told people walking dogs in Bedgebury pinetum and given a load of posters to the yodle delivery driver.Daughter has taken posters to school in tonbridge and will also do shops in that area.
- 2013-05-17 13:56 madrid
- bt volunteer has agreed to place posters up in Maidstone!! Thanks Celia your a star!!!
- 2013-05-17 12:24 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- Ah that is good to see.
- 2013-05-17 12:18 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Spoken with Kent police five mins ago and they have sent this statement to go on here..................
Kent Police is investigating a reported burglary from a property in Horsmonden, which took place between 4pm and 6:30pm on May 13.
The victim reports that her three-year-old border collie, called Lizzie, was taken along with seven border collie puppies. Lizzie, the puppies' mother, had been microchipped.
Officers have visited the property and spoken to the dogs' owner, and ensured that neighbours are also aware of the incident.
Chief Inspector Nikki Faulconbridge said: "Burglary is one of our top priorities in West Kent. We have been cracking down on suspected burglars throughout 2013 and continue to do so.
"Our forcewide Spring operation resulted in 373 arrests, including 24 suspected burglars arrested in West Kent in two weeks last month. We have been supplementing this action with crime prevention advice for residents, encouraging them to ensure their property is as secure as it can be.
"See www.kent.police.uk/burglary for more information."
Chief Insp Faulconbridge added: "Anyone considering buying a dog is recommended to ensure it has been microchipped, and to check its details, so they can be confident it has not been stolen. And, if anyone has any relevant information, please tell us."
Call Kent Police on 101, quoting crime number YY/9056/13.
Press Officer - West Division
- 2013-05-17 11:39 madrid
- getting a good response from BT colleagues throughout the land. the world is getting a smaller place to hid these pups and Lizzie!!
- 2013-05-17 11:26 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- Posters up in Northiam this morning. Also met various people walking their dogs and word of mouth is spreading, along with flyers and posters. Posters up near Northiam Doctor and Dentist. Northiam School, bus stops, the entrance to the playing field and along Main Street (A28) running through the village. Met people exercising the dogs from the Blue Cross and they have kindly taken a poster back there for me. Various events going on at the Blue Cross, so that will raise awareness there. I have run out of plastic wallets, so need to get some before I poster anywhere outside now. The only place I did not get along to was badgers oak vet as I had run out, but as you have emailed them Clarkey, they are aware and I will do my best to get a poster along there asap.
- 2013-05-17 09:40 Eris
- Just had a thought, so many delivery drivers are self employed these days, even parcel force deliveries seem to arrive in a hertz rent-a-van these days. Does anyone reading this have access via themselves or a friend to a delivery company? If so can you please ask them to make their drivers aware as Lizzy might be anywhere by now, not just Kent/ East Sussex. Area. Also calling East Grinstead...Anyone there? We need posters up in that area please.
- 2013-05-17 09:30 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- great ideas about posters and action so brilliant everyone is spreading the word. I have tried to send details to get on police web site but have no direct contacts so had to use on site contact. hope its picked up and they action ASAP. An officer in Kent police has also made direct contact with ITV meridian so hoping they do something as it comes direct from police.
- 2013-05-17 08:37 madrid
- I am at Wickham Gypsy Horse Fair near Portsmouth on Monday will poster there get quite a few people from various parts of the country thereLast edited: 2013-05-17 08:38:36 by madrid
- 2013-05-17 08:28 Eris
- I am going over to see the owner today and have made up some little flyers asking that if anyone saw anything suspicious or had cold callers recently or has their own CCTV to check the imagesand let us know. I will do some legwork and will post them through doors in the Horsmonden area. What we need now is people postering wider afield. Especially Tunbridge Wells Supermarkets,/pubs/shops etc Paddock Wood area, ditto and Maidstone Ashford areas etc. Physical poster coverage to make the people who took her aware that it will be hard to hang onto her and her pups. Please if you are reading this go to the doglost poster page, print out the poster and put one up in your area
- 2013-05-17 02:00 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- You have had an offer of help on Twitter posted on L's Fbk page. Pls take it up! Need helpers to put posters up please .. can we concentrate on this? The more there are, the more people will be aware. When you poster, please comment on here and let us know where. Thanks! If anyone has information about Lizzie, her whereabouts or anything that would lead to her return you can email or telephone Doglost (anonymously if need be) All information will be treated as confidential.
- 2013-05-17 00:08 Eris
- Drdolittle, those phone numbers get recycled, they belong to the company. Elke, we know we need it done and are really hoping people can help us out by printing out a few posters and putting them up for us. Click on the view poster link above it will bring up the poster and you will then be able to print it out.
Is anyone there an expert twitterer? Lizzy now has a twitter feed but we need people to help us know how to use it properly to best advantage. https://twitter.com/FindLizzyPups Please follow her and help spread the word and also advice as how to get the most out of twitter would be helpful.
- 2013-05-16 22:44 Drdoolittle
- I noticed that someone selling a Collie pups in Crawley has the same phone number as someone selling cars in Bristol. Do some small ads have a private number to phone which belongs to the company not the advertiser as a bit strange?
- 2013-05-16 20:06 Elke
- I don't know if this has already been done, but would it be worth putting up posters in all the animal feed stores, farming supply stores, explaining that Lizzie is NOT trained and NOT from a working line to alert potential buyers of the puppies? If there is no chance of selling them there is more of an incentive to hand her back asap.Last edited: 2013-05-16 20:08:21 by Elke
- 2013-05-16 20:06 Eris
- C.J. Why is there still nothing on the Kent police web site or their twitter feeds? Zilch...nadda, nowt. Many places will not really take it seriously until the police bother to put out an appeal for help. We have a crime number, so why are they ignoring her?
- 2013-05-16 19:46 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- ok Clarkey, will check on here first thing in the morning and if no news, I'll get on the case,
- 2013-05-16 18:55 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Hi Springermad! It was from calls & messages made to the contacts, but hopefully everyone knows Lizzie is a pet now. Will take you up on your offer of help (as usual!) please. Wld you print posters and take to Badgers Oak (and any other vets you go near)& Blue Cross for me? They shld hv had email fm me & be aware. Also poster around your own area (as I'm not able to get over there ths wk) and any other places you go please. That wld be great. Off to work again. Wl check bk l8r. Can't stop thinking of Lizzie, her pups and her mum. We must get her back home and with everyones help postering we CAN do this. Thanks everyone.
- 2013-05-16 16:34 Eris
- Lets remember that even theives eat and drink, so posters put up in supermarkets, pubs and corner shops may get better results. The physical posters really are vital in getting the word out as the thieves might not even be connected with the internet and might have no idea about everyone trying to find her. So lets give them a fright.... If everyone who reads this link prints at least one poster and puts it up somewhere where it can be seen we have a FAR higher chance of getting her handed in. Feed stores, petshops, vets, shops, pubs, and in the rear side window of your car are all valid places. Especially if you live in Kent and Sussex. Lets make it so that they can't go anywhere without seeing the missing posters. Thank you all. You are stars.
- 2013-05-16 14:59 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Thanks to everyone that is sending information to admin.it is all being sent to me and I can assure being read and sent on to Kent police who then pass to relevant persons.
Any lead however small can be a vital clue needed.
- 2013-05-16 13:36 madrid
- I work for BT and i have asked help from BT employees as we have our own homepage. Plenty of engineers in the Kent area!!!
- 2013-05-16 13:13 Eris
- Springermad...The suggestions came from other places but they can put people off helping. The Doglost community are more understanding, and can I also add totally and astoundingly amazing in their help and support.....Jellybeans - Well said, and thanks for putting it so clearly. I have just about requested my self out. I've been sending messages to anyone I can think of to ask for help. If there is anyone out there involved in schools, football clubs, rugby clubs etc, they do tend to have lots of followers, so if you could ask them to help get the word out via their followers it might filter back to the theives. Oh and anyone who is friendly with their local postie. I am putting a poster in my car, that makes it a travelling poster which can be seen by more people.
- 2013-05-16 12:13 SpringerMad - Area Volunteer, East Sussex
- Gosh what a nightmare for everyone concerned. I have just read the entire thread and cannot find anyone who is suggesting that she is a breeding bitch from some type of puppy farm? Or has this come from outside doglost? I think evetyone on here is just keen to see them all back home or perhaps I am missing something.
Anyway, Clarkey if you need to me to do anything, let me know, although it seems you have covered most of it already. Eyes and ears peeled here in Northiam and surrounding areas.
- 2013-05-16 11:12 jellybeans
- There are people out there who know where this dog and her litter of puppies are being hidden. If it's YOU, then please do the right thing and help to get this scared family pet back home. You can dial 101 and tell the police where she can be found. You can call the RSPCA on 0300 1234 999, just tell them its the dog and puppies on doglost and they can do the rest. You can phone doglost on 0844 800 3220 and just give the information needed on the whereabouts of this scared young at risk dog and puppies. She needs specialist care to bring up her just born 7 puppies and its cruel she isn't at home with her human Mum to look after her.
If it's YOU with the dog and puppies just put them back in your car and go straight to the nearest vet practice walk in the door leave the dog and pups and walk out. Just give the dogs up. They are going to need worming, injections, lots of care and attention ... just do the right thing. Please
- 2013-05-16 11:06 Mistynsashasmum - Area Volunteer, West Sussex
- Owner my heart goes out to you
I really wish I lived nearer Border Collies being close to my heart as I have two myself.
I like many others am praying they are all found safe and well poor Lizzie must wonder the heck is going on.
Wishing all of you looking and tweeting and F/B the very best of luck and a happy out come on this awful thing that has happened.
Well said Eris the main thing is to get Lizzie and her babies home ASAP
Stay safe Lizzie and pups until you are found xxxxLast edited: 2013-05-16 11:07:34 by Mistynsashasmum - Area Volunteer, West Sussex
- 2013-05-16 09:59 Eris
- Please can I put the record straight for some people who seem determined to think Lizzy is owned by a dog breeder…This IDEA is totally WRONG. Lizzy is first and foremost a much adored pet. However being a border collie she loves nothing more than being busy - like all border collies want and need to be. Working around the smallholding, helping herd the ducks and geese around, and move chickens about, and being allowed to be a proper collie, being amongst livestock is something Lizzy loves to do. It is something the vast majority of collies kept in the UK would love to be able to get a chance to do!
There is specific evidence to show this WAS a theft so please stop thinking she has just moved the pups.
Lizzy is NOT trained to work sheep, so anyone planning on selling her as a trained sheep-herding dog can forget that idea. Lizzy is normally in the house, but the stable was a place she felt safe enough to have he puppies in. My friend owns only one other dog and that is Lizzy’s mum, who is now getting on a bit. Before that she owned Lizzy’s grandmother who lived until her very late teens.
This planned litter was between friends who had planned it since their respective dogs were pups. If my friend had been someone breeding dogs for profit she would have bred from her long before now. My friends collies live the life of riley as all collies should, They are with my friend all day. They are very much loved by their owner, They can spend their whole lives mooching around an exceedingly well fenced smallholding doing happy doggy things. I’ve know Lizzy since she was a few days old, and it has always made me smile when my friend speaks about her, as she always says MY Lizzy did this, and MY Lizzy did that, the pride in her voice is unmistakable. She adores her dogs. So please stop this annoying speculation about my friend being some kind of professional breeder. Lizzy has never known harsh treatment in her life and the sort of people who take dogs are not kindly people. Lizzy must be terrified. So please please lets concentrate on getting her and her pups found. Thank you.
- 2013-05-16 09:57 Barnaby's mum
- I think Dreena 52 you may have mis understood what I was saying. Advertise on that site that they have been STOLEN and then anyone who has been searching, and is subsequently offered a puppy in un normal circumstances MAY put 2 and 2 together. These puppies and mum are sadly already at risk, so surely nothing ventured nothing gained. Hey we're all doing lots of venturing so lets hope its a GAIN very soon. x
- 2013-05-16 08:03 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Zita..it referred to reward so I have changed it to make it clearer. I understand that some people have been asking why Lizzie was in a stable and not indoors. I have spoken to her owner and friends who have said (& I believe them) that Lizzie is pet, not a breeding bitch. This was a litter that had been planned for over 2 years between 3 friends who each wanted to continue their line of collies that they have had for several generations. Lizzie is a much loved pet who has never lived anywhere else, she is very sweet natured and will be very traumatised. The puppies are too young to have been moved and are at serious risk. Lizzie's owner only has 2 dogs and Lizzie would normally be in the house. She chose to have her litter of pups in the stable because that is where she felt comfortable. So I stress, Lizzie is a pet, NOT a breeding bitch and is NOT a working sheep dog so is of no value at all to anyone other than her owner who loves her 2 pet dogs unreservedly. Please continue to share this page and Lizzie's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/FindLizzieAndHerPuppies/info Thank you.
- 2013-05-16 07:40 Zita
- Just a small note re the poster. Does it make sense? Near the bottom it reads 'there is a YES..... '
Is this meant to be this way?
- 2013-05-16 01:21 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Have been very busy today informing as many rescue centres and vets as possible in Kent/Sussex area..there are so many of them! Owner & friends have postered local area, but if there is anyone who can put up more posters in Horsmonden/Brenchley/Matfield/Goudhurst/Cranbrook/Staplehurst or anywhere in surrounding area then that would be greatly apppreciated. Posters anywhere/everywhere will help make people aware we are not going to give up on finding Lizzie and her pups. Lizzie's owner is being very brave but obviously can't really believe what has happened & is very sad that they are not with her at home. We at DL & her friends are giving as much support as we can. Thank you also to all of you on the page that are posting, sharing, tweeting and also giving support. It's difficult when an owner does not have internet, but lucky that this lady does have such good friends who are able to help her. She much appreciates everyone who is helping. The amount of shares this page is getting is truly amazing. This very sad case has touched so many people. However, there are some people who firmly believe that Lizzie has simply moved her pups somewhere on the property. I do not think that is the case. Why would she move them from a cosy stable where she feels safe and IF she had done that she would surely have come out to get her dinner. The smallholding has been checked and double checked and there is no sign of Lizzie and her pups. There were clear signs that this was a theft and that is how DL and Kent police are treating it. We will continue to make Lizzie TOO HOT TO HANDLE and hope that the person/people who have her will return her or hand her in to a vets or rescue centre nearby..no questions asked. Everything crossed that this will happen. Lizzie..try not to be scared, look after those tiny pups, everyone is looking for you so you can be at home again.
- 2013-05-15 19:46 LadySinclair
- Just shared on my facebook and twitter page. Hoping for mum and pups to come home safely.
- 2013-05-15 19:32 jellybeans
- LETS GET SHARING the facebook page. I've done a like and shared with two groups so far and I'll be tweeting soon. What is the latest news from the owner, how is she ? What advice have the police given and are they following up any leads at all ?
- 2013-05-15 19:24 Phoenix
- Hello, I've had news. They've taken the dog to the vet to be checked over, there's no collar, tags or chip and although its a bitch she's not had a litter recently. While this is sad news to pass on at least, hopefully, it means that Lizzie and her pups are still together.
- 2013-05-15 19:23 jellybeans
- just seen belowLast edited: 2013-05-15 19:24:02 by jellybeans
- 2013-05-15 19:19 Andy
- 2013-05-15 18:24 Carolyn Muddell
- Is there a Facebook page set up for Lizzie & pups?
- 2013-05-15 17:10 Eris
- This does not yet appear to be on the Kent Police appeals page, yet they have put out an appeals regarding some stolen cage birds, are they not treating it seriously?
- 2013-05-15 14:05 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Phoenix thank you for your update. Please remind your friend that anyone who finds a dog needs to inform the dog warden as this is required by law, they can then scan the dog for a microchip and hopefully return it to it's rightful owner. Also they could register the dog as 'found' on this site just in case someone is looking for him/her. Many thanks. I have emailed Kent and Sussex Courier/BBC Radio Kent/Meridian Tonight. Waiting to get replies from them! Many thanks to all who are posting on Lizzie's page. All and any help is much appreciated. The amount of shares of Facebook continues to rise .. please remember to tweet as well if you are on Twitter!
- 2013-05-15 13:29 Phoenix
- Ok, my friend has spoken to his friend and she's passed the details of this page onto the lady who's found the collie. She may well make contact directly herself but if they carry on via me I'll update as soon as I hear anything.
- 2013-05-15 13:23 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Just to say .. if anyone knows who has Lizzie and her pups .. they can be handed in any time to a vet or rescue centre NO QUESTIONS ASKED. The safety of mum and pups is the most important thing.
- 2013-05-15 13:18 dreena52
- It is not a good idea to advertise pups on a website, I would say that is how they were known about. I dont suppose there is, but is there any chance a check can be done into who looked at the site. Is it worth posting another comment on there for the thieves.
- 2013-05-15 12:25 Barnaby's mum
- Hi it might be worth posting and advert on : http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/search_pets.php?page=10&type_id=3&breed_id=97&location=tn&advert_type=1&distance=20 as they have a lot of border collie pups advertised and someone searching may, if offered one of your puppies after looking on this site, may put 2 and 2 together. Good luck !!! xx
- 2013-05-15 12:23 Eris
- JellyBeans. Yes that was me who posted on my friends behalf as Lizzy had a couple more pups than expected AND as they were all bar one girls Therefore was likley people who had reserved a boy might well change their minds.
At the time the pups were stolen I checked and that thread had less than 20 views. At least 7 or more of those views was me checking back to see if anyone had commented! The PP forum has thousands of members, so the chances are that it was anyone seeking to steal pups would be looking in that section of the PP forum between the time it was made to the time of the theft is pretty remote, that bit only tends to be looked at by the regular posters, Also the fact the pups were taken in a recycling box from the owners property and the theives obviously did not take anything with them to carry pups. If someone was planning on stealing pups,they would have taken a box with them surely? Last edited: 2013-05-15 12:27:30 by Eris
- 2013-05-15 11:51 jellybeans
- Here is the link to Practical Poultry Forum you can read what was written
- 2013-05-15 11:45 Eris
- That sounds very suspicious, maybe the mods could put that out on twitter?
- 2013-05-15 11:40 jellybeans
- Someone on the poultry forum announced that the pups had been born so I suppose quite a few folk knew they were there
- 2013-05-15 11:08 Andy
- Update from a caller who lives in the same area had suspicious visit between 4 and 6 last night from three men in a blue range rover with blacked out windows,caller lives next to chicken farm and when they came out car drove off.
- 2013-05-15 10:58 Andy
- I have contacted local kent paper and am waiting for a reporter to phone back. There was black plastic rubbish box taken at the same time as the puppies the owner has just realised it is missing as well.
- 2013-05-15 10:32 Eris
- If the thieves are reading this, and I really expect they are. From the different shares on facebook and twitter, there are around 3000 people out looking for this dog and her pups. So be sensible, either return her and the pups to her owner, take them to a vets or a rescue, or another place of safety. But whatever you do make sure you let someone know where they are, these pups and their mum are vunerable at this time. So PLEASE, just give them up.
- 2013-05-15 09:35 Eris
- Knowing the setup of where the puppies were taken from I still have this feeling it has to be someone who arrived for a visit for some reason or other, and took the puppies after looking into the stable and seeing them there. The fact they took a sack from the property suggests they did not come prepared to take pups. The time of day they were taken would have meant too much chance of running into someone. The sort of people who have been doing the chicken thefts tend to work at night when the birds are easy to catch because they are roosting, or at times when they know the owner is away from the property. Last edited: 2013-05-15 10:36:02 by Eris
- 2013-05-15 08:44 madrid
- i have emailed Alex as well thanks Nik
- 2013-05-15 08:36 Nik - PR Advisor
- Alex Bish is the news editor at BBC Radio Kent. Very nice guy. email@example.com
- 2013-05-15 08:25 madrid
- sent an email to paul o grady at 'firstname.lastname@example.org' requesting help.
- 2013-05-15 07:42 Tiga
- I will be at a big outdoor show this weekend so will have a poster on my stand and keep my eyes open. I won't mention which show.
- 2013-05-15 07:40 Tiga
- My suggestion would be to ignore the sex of the pups that appear on web pages for sale etc as I am sure these people would not even know what sex they were when they are so young. Sometimes the pictures and descriptions of dogs for sale on these sites are not as per the actual dogs for sale - some pictures are taken from other pages on other sites to disguise what they are selling.
- 2013-05-15 07:18 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Have got info re pups .. one boy and 6 girls. All have similar markings to Lizzie, ie black with white scarf (collar) and 'blaze' on face. jellybeans thanks.. good question! Owner said no other poultry have been stolen. Am off to the stables now, will be back bit later.
- 2013-05-15 07:05 jellybeans
- Does anyone know if any other livestock were taken ? I note that there was an original post about these pups on a poultry forum
I wondered if the low life who have been out and about stealing in Kent could be connected to this in some way ?
There is a page on the Kent Online website for stories to be submitted. I didn't think it my place to do this but perhaps area coordinator could ask Lizzie's owner if they would be happy for the story to go up
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/kentonline/news/submit_a_story.aspxLast edited: 2013-05-15 07:22:04 by jellybeans
- 2013-05-15 03:44 dreena52
- How can humans be so cruel, it is beyond comprehension, I have circulated through Facebook and to hundreds of collie owners in the show, obedience and agility world. I do hope there is good news soon. My thoughts are with the family. If the scumbags read this, please return them to their family, have some compassion
- 2013-05-15 00:21 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- No problem. The pups would be very small and wld prob still hv eyes and ears closed. The last one you posted says updated 3 days ago so I think unlikely and pups are merle, but worth checking. I've spent hours sharing this page all over Fbk and we now have over 2,000 shares! Well done everyone .. let's keep it going. Working in the morning so must try & sleep now. Can't stop thinking of Lizzie :( Last edited: 2013-05-15 02:43:18 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-05-15 00:12 jules1971
- Thankyou,there was this one too,http://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/show/108016549/6-beautiful-border-collie-puppys.html
obviously these all could be genuine puppies for sale, but as I don't know what sex the puppies are yet, I thought i would post that too :)says there are 6 puppies, 3 girls, 3 boys 4 weeks old, but look younger to me. there in Gillingham/Kent. no picture of mum and only pictures of 3 puppies, I will have another look tomorrow. I hope you don't mind me keep sending you them. as I just want to be helpful
- 2013-05-15 00:02 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Thanks Jules. It says they are all boys, 3 wks old and I think they do look like that, so probably not them. However, rather stupidly I have failed to ask what sex the puppies are when speaking to the owner. Will make sure I find out asap but will probably be tomorrow now.
- 2013-05-14 23:33 jules1971
- No problem andy.I thought it best to share incase, like I say I would rather be wrong. There was only one picture of the mum and one puppy asleep when posted, but now newer pictures are on they do look older. better to be safe than sorry though.Last edited: 2013-05-15 00:03:40 by jules1971
- 2013-05-14 23:26 Andy
- Thanks Julie, will pass info to owner asap but later photos if of same pups do have their eyes open, but will check just the same.
Last edited: 2013-05-14 23:27:52 by Andy
- 2013-05-14 23:20 jules1971
- you could be right. they have added more pictures since I posted x
- 2013-05-14 23:17 migman34
- I dont think these puppies would have eyes open as yet would they ??
shared even though im not local x
- 2013-05-14 23:13 hoolibelle
- The Daily Mail have run an article on the now reunited Skittles who was stolen. They may do the same for yours. Hope they are found soon. Have shared all over x
- 2013-05-14 22:48 jules1971
could the owner please check this advertisement out. google search only 4 hrs away. bitch looks similar and 7 puppies. posted only 13 minutes ago, I would rather be wrong than not mention it.if you need to delete the post I understand, like you say if people have stolen them, they may be viewing this page. Julie xLast edited: 2013-05-14 22:59:24 by jules1971
- 2013-05-14 22:36 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Ok thanks Phoenix. If you hear anything tonight please post on here as I will be up watching the page for any updates till quite late. Still sharing and tweeting.
- 2013-05-14 22:32 Maggie
- shared on my fb page and group
- 2013-05-14 22:16 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- TX Pheonix.....
- 2013-05-14 22:15 Phoenix
- The lady who knows the person who's found the collie (it was found today) doesn't finish work till midnight so I probably won't hear anything till tomorrow morning.
- 2013-05-14 22:11 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Andy...you are welcome...we dog owners have to stand up against these low life dog thieves....I can assure you they monitor our site....as do 1,000's of dog owners who spread the word...its going viral...and we need everyone who reads this to share....together we get results....make them too hot to handle....
- 2013-05-14 22:06 Andy
- We have also messaged Dogs Trust, RSPCA Kent, Battersea and other local rescue groups.
- 2013-05-14 22:04 Andy
- Thanks everyone, the support and sharing has been and is amazing. We have been told about a litter of puppies advertised for sale on New Forest Facebook page but these are not the right colour but thanks to everyone who has highlighted them to us. Please keep sharing and fingers crossed we can find Lizzie and her pups soon.
- 2013-05-14 19:41 jellybeans
- Shared into Flyball community and as much as possible on facebook and twitter.
- 2013-05-14 18:25 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Phoenix .. any news please? Owner has contacted Tunbridge Wells council with info of Lizzie. I have rung animalwardens, Maidstone, Ashford and Shepway dog wardens to alert them too, but not all of them have out of hours service. Everyone sharing on Fbk. Owner has searched all over her property to check Lizzie has not moved pups and found nothing. Stable was bolted but not when she discovered Lizzie and pups had gone. Please make this girl and her babies TOO HOT TO HANDLE.
- 2013-05-14 17:41 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Tx phoenix and everyone....Great to see all the sharing ant twitters...together we can make sure Lizzie and her pups aretoo hot too handle...
- 2013-05-14 17:11 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Altered info to fit in deatils of CRN on above info. Now sending out on Kent police NHW alerts plus x posting to other police forces.
- 2013-05-14 17:02 MandyD
- It would be obvious if it was Lizzie as she would have milk
- 2013-05-14 16:45 Phoenix
- I've just been contact via Facebook. A friend of a friend has found a collie in that area. They're going to see if its a she and if it responses to the name Lizzie. He's going to let me know ASAP.
- 2013-05-14 16:00 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- Eris .. thank you for contacting me!Last edited: 2013-05-14 16:24:41 by Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- 2013-05-14 15:52 Clarkey - Area Co-ordinator, East Sussex
- The collie found in Arundel Rd Brighton has been reunited with it's owner. I have been sharing the info re Lizzie and her pups since last night and have also emailed Meridian Tonight. I have spoken to Andy and got the owners landline number but no answer at the mo. Will keep trying. Lizzie was in her stable and that is where she would feel safe and comfortable, however owner has other livestock and it's possible someone has come to steal them and seen Lizzie and her pups and taken them. Would she really want to uproot them from her 'safe place'?? Thanks madrid for sending tht email. Need to get more info from owner asap.
- 2013-05-14 13:51 Flintstones
- Could someone double check the found collie 52343 that was found in Brighton, it's not that far from TN12.
- 2013-05-14 12:25 madrid
- email sent to 'email@example.com' requesting help
- 2013-05-14 12:13 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Loca stations have been mentioned but i have not had time to make contact. I am trying to see if can get in KM for this friday.
If anyone has local radio contacts please advise.
- 2013-05-14 12:09 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- photo cropped and reloaded to make it more clear which dog.
- 2013-05-14 12:05 madrid
- is there a local radio station in the area that can put this on air. Lets make them hot guys!!
- 2013-05-14 11:14 colliebird
- Not the usual breed that is stolen as the pups won't fetch much and the thief would have to look after and feed the pups for several weeks, unless they are really daft and ignorant and try to sell the pups at that age. 3 days old!!!. I'm wondering, if there was a way out of the stable, and it's the bitches first litter,if she hasn't taken her pups somewhere else. I've seen that happen so many times. I hope that's what has happened and they haven't been stolen.
- 2013-05-14 10:32 Eris
- Thank you all so much for helping my friend. The fact a feedsack was removed suggests the scum used this to put the pups in, which makes me sick just to think about it.
- 2013-05-14 10:08 Barnaby's mum
- I am disgusted by this, it makes my blood boil !! Have advised RAMSAK who have already emailed all its members, have emailed friends,posted on facebook, and will put up posters hopefully in some local shops. Lets PLEASE make these pups and her mum too hot to handle and get them back home safely VERY SOON. My thoughts are with you. xx
- 2013-05-14 09:47 Riverlady
- circulating on twitter
- 2013-05-14 09:42 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Spoken with owner to see if any CCTV on approaching roads but she does not know of any. Kent police coming out this morning and once i have a CRN will send out to other forces. already dog warden has contacted others to watch out for them. Plus alerted othrs that know this area and likely places they may go to.
NAdvised owner to approach the km- CUT OFF IS WEDS 12 FOR FRIDAYS PUBLISHING. ALSO BBC OR ITV MERIDIAN MIGHT BE INTERESTED AS THEY ARE SO YOUNG?
- 2013-05-14 09:21 Aquadoggies
- Broadcasted to the agility fraternity too. We will find her and her babies and pray all safe and sound. This has gone nationwide now. Keep positive.
- 2013-05-14 09:15 Eris
- I am a friend of the owner. Just to point out that Lizzy is the dog at the back in the poster photo. She is such a sweet natured friendly dog, Born on the smallholding where she and her pups have been taken from. This is her first litter which she was very proud of. She will be distraught and confused at this time. The owner lives up a quiet private road. I am guessing the thief might well be local to the area as it's not a house easily stumbled across. The owner has no internet access so her friends are having to post on her behalf. Please help find Lizzy.
- 2013-05-14 08:48 Stroodsue
- Excuse me... The B*****S. I HOPE you get her and the puppies home very quickly.
Facebook and tweeted, Strood
- 2013-05-14 08:39 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Updated area stolen as Horsemonden.
- 2013-05-14 08:38 CJ - Police Liaison Co-ordinator
- Message left asking to make contact for more details.
- 2013-05-14 08:23 avalon
- posted on my fb page hope she is found soon
- 2013-05-14 07:43 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in TN1-12,17,27. May we lknow where abouts in TN12 please?
- 2013-05-14 06:46
- Sorry to see that LIZZIE REUNITED PUPPIES STILL MISSING is missing.
- If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and check that all details are up to date.
- Owners targeted by a malicious hoaxer demanding money for the return of their dog should phone the police on 101 immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A photograph of your dog is essential for the website. If you have not already uploaded one, please do so by clicking on Update details. Alternatively you can email it to email@example.com quoting the dog's DogLost ID number: (52354)
- Obtain a missing poster by clicking on View poster above. Posters are very important so start postering now!
- You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments. You can add comments by clicking on Click here to add a comment.
- Contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, the Police. Give a detailed description with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your area here.
- If your dog has been stolen inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN).
- If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, it can be legally re-homed after seven days. Visit rescue centres in person and do not rely on checking by phone alone. Other people may not recognise your dog by your description, so give them a DogLost poster.
- Keep us updated by keeping your dog's page up to date and check for posts from helpers who may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings
- DogLost is free and anyone asking for money to find or return your dog is not volunteering for us. If you are concerned about an approach you have received, please call our helpline on 01633 668 364. Lines are open seven days a week 08:00-20:00.