Reunited: Pale Cream Golden Retriever Male
- Dog ID 46914
- Status Reunited
- Registered 01 Jan 2013
- Name HARVEY
- Breed Golden Retriever
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Young Adult
- Build Large
- Colour Pale cream
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 01 Jan 2013
- Where Lost Ashton Avenue Rainhill. Frightened by firework and ran in direction of Manor Farm
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area L35
- Date Found 04 Jan 2013
- Where Found Sighted by Petrol Attendant and he made his own way home
- Found In Region North West
- Found In Post Area L35
- Date Reunited 04 Jan 2013
- Other Info 18 months. He had a tan collar and lead on when we lost him. He is a gentle boy. He loves other dogs and anybody who will fuss him. MICROCHIPPED and NEUTERED. Please look out for him if FOUND he should be reported to the Council Dog Warden (which is the LAW)
- Phone 1 0151 292 9795
- Phone 2 07504 979502 or 07920 227001
- Reward? CASH
- Listed By Jmc
- Views 2566
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-01-08 19:06 Claire Weston Turville
- Lovely boy stay safe with your owners and not out on your own!xx
- 2013-01-08 12:21 guinness'mum
- Just back from a couple of days away,,first thing i look for is Harvey,made up he's home,stay safe,
- 2013-01-05 18:40 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Jmc, thanks so much for the update and nice to speak to you this morning.
For anyone who does not know how the gorgeous Harvey was reunited, the Petrol Attendant seen Harvey while they were inside the Petrol Station. The doors were locked due to the time and when making the call Harvey disappeared. Family went straight away to the area and search but could not find him. In the meantime his mum stayed at home as had a sprained ankle, she heard some barking and there was Harvey, he had made his way home. He still had his collar and lead on. What a clever boy Harvey is and he will sleep for England for a while now and be like a shadow.
Everyone has been fantastic and so supportive as usual, we cannot thank you enough especially the Petrol Attendant who made that most important call. Great Jmc and family will be staying on DL as helpers looking out for others, they have been there and know first hand what it is like to be searching etc.
It was because of MAX my own Goldie who went missing that I first got involved with DL, he was the same age as Harvey when he went missing and looked the double of him. xxx
- 2013-01-05 18:00 mathers22
- BRILLIANT news so pleased he's home safely xx
- 2013-01-05 17:46 Jmc
- Thank you all at doglost. You are all incredible. Deb and Gill thank you for being willing to give up your free time for Harvey and his family. Jan I can't believe how supportive you have been to people you don't even know. Dog lovers are wonderful. Harvey has been checked by the vet, and apart from raw pads making him limp, and some weight loss, he seems well. THANK YOU ALL.
- 2013-01-05 17:09 digbysmum
- Brilliant news! Welcome home lovely Harvey - stay safe now xxx
- 2013-01-05 16:50 jwoodhouse
- I'm so happy that Harvey is back. He's such a lovely dog!
- 2013-01-05 13:49 Sarah W
- A lovey happy ending and great photo. Well Done DL and all helpers/public for getting this lad home :)
- 2013-01-05 12:51 AnnieSparky
- Lovely reunited photo, Harvey looks very happy to be home :)) xx
- 2013-01-05 09:53 Nina
- So pleased to see Harvey is home. So glad that doglost were able to assist in his return. Would love to think that a small percemntage of the reward money that was offered would find its way to doglost much needed funds.
- 2013-01-05 09:49 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Uploaded a lovely REUNITED photo early hours this morning (you may need to refresh the page to view it). Not had chance to speak to her family as I was out yesterday afternoon in Manchester and did not get back until early hours.
Family got that most important call after midnight when a Petrol Attendant who had seen a poster contacted them. x
- 2013-01-05 09:14 Baggy Dog
- Very pleased to see the news and the pic. Wish fireworks were banned apart from organised displays on limited occasions. Stay safe now.
- 2013-01-04 19:53 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Fantastic news. Welcome home Harvey xx Stay very safe now x
- 2013-01-04 19:51 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Brilliant news - welcome home Harvey! :) x
- 2013-01-04 18:31 tworedshoes
- Fantastic news! Thank goodness! xx
- 2013-01-04 09:33 Goldie Chris
- Fantastic news!!! Welcome home sweetie! xx
- 2013-01-04 09:13 Meru
- Fantastic news! Welcome home Harvey - stay safe and close now sweetheart xx
- 2013-01-04 08:06 AnnieSparky
- Brilliant news Harvey has been found and home safe :)xx
- 2013-01-04 07:32 janiejewel1649
- Fab. news. stay safe now Harveyxxx
- 2013-01-04 07:31 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Great news:))))
- 2013-01-04 07:19 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- WOO HOO HARvEY IS HOME.
Will update asap, posting via my phone. X
- 2013-01-03 21:41 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Posters emailed out to family, rescues across Merseyside, DW and helpers in the areas. x
- 2013-01-03 20:10 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Guinness' mum thanks for looking out for him, you help is greatly appreciated. When I email the posters out to family and helpers I will send you some as well. x
- 2013-01-03 20:09 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Spoken to owner for an update. They are doing a brilliant job spreading the word and everyone is being really helpful. I've updated the details and added another mobile number on and in the process of doing various size posters, including small wallet sized ones.
I drive through the area daily and have asked work colleagues to look out for him. Sure it is only a matter of time before someone recognises him and makes that most important call. x
- 2013-01-03 11:36 guinness'mum
- Hi,Local to area,can somebody give me owners facebook page so i can help
- 2013-01-03 01:16 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in L26,34,35. WA8,9,10.
- 2013-01-02 23:55 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks Jmc for updating us. I will not have chance to do various size posters until tomorrow night now but will do a.s.a.p. Great there has been a possible sighting details as below.
UPDATE COPIED FROM MY FB PGE:
My daughter has just had a facebook message to say that a dog like harvey has been seen lying outside a house on bleak hill road windle. Husband and daughter on their way there now. is anybody online in that area
- 2013-01-02 19:40 Jmc
- We have put posters all over Rainhill and Cronton. I have posted a link to the poster on Knowsley social services site and sent it to health colleagues An ad will go in the Liverpool Echo and Liverpool Post on Thursday for 6 days but I hope and pray it wont be needed. I will make tear off phone contact slips, i hand wrote some on the first day but something better is less likely to b thrown away.
- 2013-01-02 18:16 Claire - Dogs Northwest Repost
- Posted on FB - Dogs Northwest Repost xLast edited: 2013-01-02 18:16:34 by Claire - Dogs Northwest Repost
- 2013-01-01 23:11 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Have made contact with owner via fb and emailed info/advice.
Very often dogs picked up in this area can be taken or reported to the Dog's Trust by the finder 0151-480 0660.
- 2013-01-01 22:34 Baggy Dog
- I've shared on FB. I’ve found that it helps to print out an A4 sheet of paper cut into business-card size slips, each with brief details and your phone number on. Give them to all the local dog walkers, postmen etc. you meet. Then if someone has news when they’re out and about they don’t need to find a poster or log on to the site to contact you. My golden hates fireworks too :(
- 2013-01-01 20:38 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Will contact family a.s.a.p. and offer help and advice.
Have shared across fb, thank you to everyone who is also sharing, sure he will be back home soon.
I've alerted the Knowsley DW who will look out for him tomorrow when returning to work.
If picked up he will be taken to Halewood RSPCA 0151 486 1706.
- 2013-01-01 20:35 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers inl16,25,25,,26,27,35,36. WA8,9,10.