Lost: Ginger Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever Male In East Anglia (NR29)
- Dog ID 45998
- Status Lost
- Registered 06 Dec 2012
- Name HARVEY MISSING 4 YEARS
- Gender & Breed Male Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever (Neutered)
- Age Adult
- Colour Ginger
- Marks & Scars Pink nose, White feet, hazel eyes, white patch on chest, thick ginger coat, wearing red collar
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed Yes
- Date Lost 06 Dec 2012
- Where Lost West Somerton, on Burnley Hall Estate fields, Horsey, Norfolk
- Lost In Region East Anglia
- Lost In Post Area NR29
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Poss sightings Sea Palling/Waxham/Paston/Mundesley. He could of been taken in by someone or could be sheltering in woodland. NEUTERED, EAR TATTOOED and MICROCHIPPED. He was wearing a red collar with ID. Please look out for him, if FOUND he should be reported to the Council Dog Warden (which is the LAW)
- Phone 1 01493 394915
- Phone 2 07880 369728
- Listed By A Wallington
- Views 45600
- View Poster
- See more dogs Lost in NR29
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please post if you have news about this dog. Log in above or register to leave comments or to like them.
Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to here.
- 2016-12-07 19:29 Gloria
I have shared on Twitter and Facebook loads of times but today I have printed off some posters which will be put up tomorrow I really want to help you find your beautiful Harvey I will also keep looking for you and sharing I hope this will help take care and keep positive if you can bye for now Gloria
- 2016-12-07 09:53 caring4dogs
- 2016-12-06 23:45 onestopalldogs
- Shared Facebook & Twitter
- 2016-12-06 22:16 Sarah - Twitter Co-ordinator, Social Media Team
- Tweeted for Harvey - Still hoping and thinking of your family today x
- 2016-12-06 20:35 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Sharing Twitter.
- 2016-12-06 17:53 Jane
- Shared Twitter
- 2016-12-06 17:40 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- So sad...owners never give up..please share..it may make the difference...your share could be the one to do it! tx
- 2016-12-06 16:17 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Bumped up dear Harvey for Alison and re-shared on facebook groups in the area xx
- 2016-12-06 13:02 VetsGetScanning
- HARVEY MISSING 4 YEARS TODAY
Can he be bumped?
- 2016-01-05 21:30 skyninchar
- there is one of these at ldch, heres the link
- 2015-12-06 18:40 wensmum
- Thinking of you xx
- 2015-12-06 14:40 allimac
- Heart breaking. I am so so sorry. I agree, you need to know! xxx
- 2015-12-06 11:22 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- MISSING 3 YEARS TODAY ALISON IS STILL SEARCHING FOR DEAR HARVEY
Well folks. 3 years today, 6th December, and we are still no further forward on knowing what happened to my boy. Do YOU know of anything you haven't told me? Have YOU heard rumours of what happened but thought you couldn't tell me for fear I would be too upset? Is he dead? If so I just NEED TO KNOW. Nothing can be worse than the constant not knowing of what has happened to your family member.... And he WAS a member of our family. So many people have told me they heard that he was shot on the day he went missing. If he was, why couldn't someone provide the evidence of his collar and tag or even allow me to have him back so I can bring him home to bury him? Is that too much to ask? So many times I have said there will be no accusations, no repercussions. I beg you, if you know ANYTHING at all PLEASE just let me know. Thank you
- 2015-12-06 10:58 VetsGetScanning
- HARVEY missing 3 years today. Could be anywhere!
- 2015-10-18 21:54 Missing Dogs UK
- saw a dog similar to this bexleyheath area approx 6 months ago, did leave a message on facebook page not sure if anyone picked it up x
- 2015-10-07 22:09 Jayelle
- 82872 lost dog Megan has a fairly recent post on it describing a "small golden retriever type dog" sighted lying in the road but could not be caught in Aberdeen. Just wondered if the description could fit Harvey?
- 2014-12-17 23:01 caring4dogs
- Twitter and website
- 2014-12-10 16:13 Seeks
- I always hope to come in and find you reunited baby but will resahare and retweet as its all I can do as well as go on keeping an eye out around the sights we check for our girl xx
- 2014-12-06 17:54 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- I have re-posted Harvey's details to facebook groups in the area, Alison is still searching for Harvey and still desperately wants some news about her boy x
- 2014-12-06 09:55 janiejewel1649
- Paws xd. Keep making him "TOO HOT TO HANDLE"
- 2014-07-30 20:08 Shepay
- Got all excited, saw some pups on Norwich pets for sale, Lab x Nova Scotia dad but just logged on to see this boy has been neutered....oh well will keep looking.
- 2014-05-17 07:13 Inkie's Mum
- 68969 - currently at Bath Cats and Dogs home - worth checking
- 2014-05-16 23:24 CathrineS
- It's a long shot, but I found a Nova Scotia Retriever near Trowbridge today. Currently at Bath Cats & Dogs Home: http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=68969#.U3aPFV6prwI
- 2014-04-03 23:31 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Thank you mathers22, Harvey's owner has checked this dog and sadly not Harvey x
- 2014-03-28 09:17 mathers22
- There's a found dog 66659 looks similar to Harvey xx
- 2014-03-20 13:44 Holmes
- Tweeted for Gorgeous Harvey and sending positive vibes....so distinctive xx
- 2014-03-20 10:36 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Thank you Angus I will let Alison know he is featured in the Countrymans Weekly Magazine x
- 2014-03-20 10:19 Owl
- 2 years have passed, but Oscar the sprollie in Cornwall has reappeared after 3 years of living wild on Bodmin Moor and is now being sighted regularly. So please will Norfolk people continue to keep an eye open for Harvey.
- 2014-03-20 10:04 mathers22
- I've been following him also - how time flies. Wish he could be found xx
- 2014-03-20 08:41 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- Featured in this weeks Countrymans Weekly Magazine - I hope it brings some news
- 2014-01-25 07:48 Abe babe
- Bless you Harvey, wherever you are. And bless you Alison, I hope it is some comfort to know that so many of us share your longing for news.
- 2014-01-21 23:16 GSPs E&B
- I've been following this very handsome lad since he went missing and reading Alison's lovely message just shows how much he is loved and missed.. I have everything crossed that you do hear some good news about your "Darling boy" very soon.. and he is found safe and well and home with you so he can run in the snow and swim in the river again.. xXx
- 2013-12-15 12:27 Goldenlady
- Having read Alison's message one year on my eyes are leaking..
Can only imagine how his family are feeling. I lost three dogs for three hours once and can remember how dreadful that was. Just hope that if anyone has Harvey their conscience may be pricked by Alison's poignant message. Hoping for a miracle....
- 2013-12-06 19:58 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Message from Alison, Harvey's owner
A milestone is here that I didnt want to contemplate - a full 12 months - 1 YEAR!- since Harvey went missing, racing off with Muffin to chase a pheasant while we were out on a normal walk within half a mile from home. It was snowing, the dykes and the rivers were iced over but Harvey still went into a river on that walk, shaking himself off happily as he emerged, triumphantly smiling that he had mischievously leaped into the murky water as he always loved to do. Thank goodness his coat is virtually waterproof - a marvellous Toller trait! Tollers have been known to survive in temperatures of -40degrees in Canada for months without even a bit of frostbite due to their fabulous thick coats and their webbed "Yeti" feathered feat. So have you survived, my darling boy?
Harvey, you can swim like a dolphin, are not afraid of the sea or high waves or of going underwater to retrieve a ball. And you can run like the wind! The last I saw of you was your long, feathered and flowing tail disappearing behind a hedge - disappearing, it would seem, into the thin air.
We searched dirty ditches, icy dykes, freezing rivers, snowy corn stubblefields from here and all the along the North Norfolk coast. We have toured and traipsed endlessly around little villages, in graveyards and gardens, put out baited traps, set up infrared cameras - and even now we keep the gate open every night just in case you finally find your way home.
The tears still come but not everyday like in the beginning - just in waves of wrenching sorrow during quiet moments, or in the middle of the night or when I visit places you loved to walk and swim.
You could be a little devil at times but like any family member, we love you anyway and still want to know what has happened. If you have found a new home, I hope you are happy and that you are warm, well fed and loved. I can live with that as long as you are happy. If you are no longer on this earth, then someone, somewhere knows what happened and, believe it or not, I can also come to terms with that even though it is not what I want to have happened. I would just like to be able to bring you home to rest in peace with us and to have peace of mind finally knowing where you are.
- 2013-12-06 18:33 Kinsally
- Such a sad anniversary for Harvey's family. I feel sad that these beautiful dogs are still missing after all this time. Such a lovely boy I so hope the day comes soon when Harvey is back with his family where he belongs. Will keep looking out for him & circulating on Twitter xx
- 2013-12-06 10:14 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Harvey has been missing for a year, Alison is desperate for news of him, please keep him in your mind where ever you are xx
- 2013-11-18 23:11 Woo sips
- Please check 60135 in the found section. Sorry if it's the same one the lady below has mentioned. It says female but they do sometimes get listed wrong. Post code area says LL17. I hope you find your dog x
- 2013-11-18 09:35 Rach
- A nova Scotia has been found in Denbighshire, North Wales. There is a photo here to check (not registered on doglost yet as waiting for finder to reply to message on facebook) please copy and paste this link...
- 2013-10-10 09:35 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Thanks Ellie, hopefully this will bring some news, it's over 10 mths since Harvey went missing and the owners desperately want him home xx
- 2013-10-10 08:47 Ellie
- Bumping Harvey's page as he is featured in the DogLost column of the November edition of Dogs Today magazine out now. Do hope it brings some news
- 2013-06-24 23:30 Shirley4Collies
- Long way .. and to be honest not sure he matches the photo, but just in case there is what looks to me like a NSCTR in a rescue centre down south .. here is link, dog is called Leo on page 2 of the listed dog ~~~~ http://www.raystede.org/how-to-help/rehome-a-pet/?c=dog#sa
- 2013-05-20 14:58 lmoore - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- I will do that now. I dont want to raise her hopes if its not him but at the same time I would hate it if it is him and I didn't say anything
- 2013-05-20 13:26 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- lmoore have you managed to contact Harvey's owner? If not could you call her on the phone number above x
- 2013-05-20 12:04 lmoore - Area Volunteer, Wiltshire
- Hi thats me put that post as couldnt find this listing at first. There have been posts put on a local FB page of sightings last week of a dark golden retriever type dog with brown eyes seen on a footpath behind John Lewis . We have no dogs reported as missing in this area that fit this description and just wondered if may be it was him. I have not seen him myself but he was seen three mornings running in the same area last week.
- 2013-05-20 11:57 mathers22
- There's been a report of a sighting of Harvey in Swindon put in the remarks under the photo of the before and after spaniel xx
- 2013-05-19 17:39 Max - Area Co-ordinator, Cornwall
- I really hope that someting positive comes along, good luck.
- 2013-05-19 15:17 mathers22
- Would be absolutely wonderful to see some light at the end of a dark tunnel. Good luck everyone xx
- 2013-05-19 15:01 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- I would like to thank the lady for getting in touch with me again regarding Harvey and I know you will try to find out more information for us as and when you can, you know you can call me or Alison anytime x
- 2013-05-18 21:20 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Please ring...I cannot stress enough knowing Helen this will be in strict confidence..tx...
- 2013-05-18 17:49 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Message from Harvey's owner....
This is a heartfelt please to the person who called Helen (area co-ord for Norfolk and Suffolk) today with information. Thank you for the information. We have followed it up but have been unable to resolve. Please find it in your heart to help us by giving a bit more information so that I can resolve this. I cannot stress enough that it is all confidential - we just need to know and there will be no repercussions. Thank you - please please ring Helen again. x
- 2013-03-19 20:24 SharonJ
- I see posters of Harvey every day all over Norfolk, so many people looking out for him, fingers crossed for his safe return x
- 2013-03-15 21:36 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Keeping everything crossed the sightings are HARVEY.
I've updated the details to show up on his DL poster and added a photo into the Extra Image box picking the one from his group photo of what he may look like if he has been living rough.
Shared on fb
https://www.facebook.com/groups/362175273467/?fref=ts DOGLOST NORTH WEST
Come on Harvey it would make a lot of people very happy to see you back home. xxx
- 2013-03-15 20:54 Goldenfrodo
- Keeping fingers crossed you get your lovely boy safely home soon. Good luck xx
- 2013-03-15 20:42 A Wallington
- Feeding station set up tonight. Cards posted into doors in area of sighting and posters put up around the post boxes as caller said the Postman had also seen the dog. Its a vast area of open fields on edge of a housing estate so very difficult to know where to site the station. Scenting done too.Last edited: 2013-03-15 20:43:28 by A Wallington
- 2013-03-15 16:38 Ravenette - Area Coordinator, West Sussex
- That's great that there has been a possible sighting. Hopefully this will lead to more and Harvey will be reunited xxx
- 2013-03-15 14:23 mathers22
- Please let it be Harvey I look every day. Will put him on facebook again. Good luck xx
- 2013-03-15 12:00 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- a credible possible sighting of a dog which could from its description be Harvey has been called in to owners - I have spoken to them and given advice re starting a feeding station, scenting advice.
- 2013-03-15 00:13 A Wallington
- Still missing despite followups on several "maybe" sightings, malicious phone calls and National campaign to get news of my boy. SOMEONE KNOWS WHERE HE IS! Good news or not good, please just LET US KNOW! I AM BEGGING YOU!
- 2013-03-13 21:46 Unknown
- Harvey is still missing... please keep sharing his video from his facebook page 'Lost Toller Harvey' and checking that his posters are still up. It's been three months now and we just need him home...
- 2013-03-10 09:04 A Wallington
- Harvey's cards and posters were distributed widely at Crufts by his owner and lovely members of Harvey's Army. Thank you all! We also got his pic shown on Clare Balding's interview with Debbie Matthews of Vets Get Scanning. Oh please, please, let this mean he will be surrendered back to me x
- 2013-03-10 01:12 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
All days are on the above link.
- 2013-03-10 00:21 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
This is the link to CRUFTS catch up TV not watched it yet.
- 2013-03-10 00:05 mathers22
- Come on Harvey I look daily for an update hoping you've been found xxxxx
- 2013-03-09 14:38 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Channel 4 tonight 6.30pm.
- 2013-03-09 14:35 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Met up with owners of Harvey at Crufts and they have just finished filming for tonights crufts review....
- 2013-03-06 15:06 A Wallington
- Hi. I am Harvey's owner and I will be going to Crufts tommorrow (Thurs) to advertise Harvey and Dog Lost and Vets Get Scanning. I hope to see you there and that we can help get my boy back where he belongs. Thank you all. x
- 2013-03-01 11:39 mathers22
- This is so sad keep returning to see if there's any news on Harvey. Come on Harvey please show yourself there are so many people wanting to find you xx
- 2013-02-28 20:38 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- The possible sighting was before Christmas johnman, but if you could help spread the word and keep everybody in your area thinking about Harvey I know the owner would appreciate this x
- 2013-02-21 14:00 johnman
- I saw your poster at reps and I feel so sorry for you, there was a possible sighting of him in mundesley ,when was this? I live near by so would like to go looking for him on Sunday if that is ok.
- 2013-02-16 22:02 Unknown
- Please keep looking for Harvey. Keep sharing his video, visit his fb page Lost Toller Harvey. Lets get this boy home!
- 2013-02-07 22:15 mathers22
- Going to put him on facebook again. Wish he could be found xx
- 2013-02-06 19:23 cavalierandlhasamummy
- I have just put Harvey's details on my twitter and facebook account, hope hes home safe soon xx
- 2013-02-06 17:54 A Wallington
- Postering and taking to everyone we meet in north Norfolk. Come on Harvey! Show yourself!
- 2013-02-06 17:46 LisaMell - Area Volunteer, Herefordshire
- Check in every day praying to see dear Harvey in the blue.Praying for good news very soon after the recent publicity. Thinking of you xxx
- 2013-02-06 16:58 A Wallington
- Thank you so much Jayne and all the DL folk. Really hope we get that all important sighting soon x
- 2013-02-05 19:48 Millypod (Chris) - Administrative Volunteer
- Well done Jayne you did a brilliant job highlighting the lost /stolen dogs.
Hope it brings the all important call for Harvey.xx
- 2013-02-05 16:56 ClaireC - Area Volunteer, Buckinghamshire
- Good luck xx
- 2013-02-05 16:42 mathers22
- Very good interview saw Harvey really hope it helps. Good luck xx
- 2013-02-05 12:30 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Harvey's photo will be on the alan titmarsh show at the end of the show along with many others...sat in the green room now....
- 2013-02-03 09:43 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- **** TODAY SEARCH AND POSTERING *****
Meeting point New Inn pub carpark at Worstead NR29 at 11am x
Last edited: 2013-02-03 09:44:39 by Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- 2013-02-01 18:15 A Wallington
- Search and Poster starting from the New Inn pub carpark at Worstead NR29 9 on Sunday 11am. All help welcome. Download posters from Harveys page. Thank you and look forward to seeing you! If you cant make it please put a poster in your car and TALK about Harvey and the VETS GET SCANNING initiative please! Thank you all! x
- 2013-02-01 08:21 Owl
- This area has a lot of holiday homes and chalets, which will not be visited until people start to get them ready for Easter visitors. They have decking, sheds, even boathouses, plenty of places a resourceful dog could make himself at home without being noticed by anyone.
- 2013-01-30 15:49 mathers22
- Hope so, fingers very tightly crossed x
- 2013-01-30 11:25 Goldenfrodo
- Fingers tightly crossed we have some news about Harvey soon x
- 2013-01-30 11:06 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Thanks Sue, I will let the owner know, hopefully this will bring some news x
- 2013-01-30 08:11 B30
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2013-01-23 17:44 Riverlady
- circulating on twitter
- 2013-01-23 13:42 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- New photo added (you may need to refresh the page)
Last edited: 2013-01-23 14:20:23 by Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- 2013-01-23 13:42 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Bumped due to media coverage, hopefully this will bring some long awaited news xx
- 2013-01-23 13:24 A Wallington
- Harvey's story is featured in the Feb edition of the glossy "Norfolk" magazine which is out today. Hoping it will spread the word further and make him Too Hot to Handle x
- 2013-01-20 18:03 AnnieSparky - Area Volunteer, West Lancashire
- Thankyou A Wallington for update and information about poor dog in Leigh......Hope you find your lovely Harvey very soon x
- 2013-01-20 17:48 A Wallington
- I (owner) contacted the shelter and the found dog is a beautiful little cocker spaniel bitch, very emaciated and in poor condition. They told me it is microchipped but the chip is not reading properly so someone is probably missing it. It's ID is Wigan 046 on the leighdogsandcatshome.co.uk. She looks lovely. Someone should be missing her!
- 2013-01-20 17:41 AnnieSparky - Area Volunteer, West Lancashire
- Thankyou Helen for updating.....did think unlikely, poor dog, but thought best to check. Hoping Harvey is found soon x
- 2013-01-20 17:30 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Harvey's owner has checked this dog out and sadly not a match for Harvey x
- 2013-01-19 18:56 AnnieSparky - Area Volunteer, West Lancashire
- Harvey's owner has txted back to say will check the found photo in Leigh Dogs Home x
- 2013-01-19 17:09 Majorjet (Jan) - NW Area Co-ordinator, Merseyside
- Thanks for the text alert AnnieSparky to the dog in Leigh. I've looked at the photo and it looks like a Setter to me and not Harvey. As you have sent a text to Harvey's owner they will most probably check it out and get back to you. xxx
- 2013-01-19 16:01 AnnieSparky - Area Volunteer, West Lancashire
- This dog found today (maybe been straying a while by condition )in Wigan area is quite a distance from Norfolk but thought you might want to check. Though I see Harvey is chipped:
Photo ref: Wigan area 046
Last edited: 2013-01-19 16:04:03 by AnnieSparky - Area Volunteer, West Lancashire
- 2013-01-19 00:39 terri9090
- could the dog sighted in leeds possibly be the sheltie missing in that area ?
- 2013-01-18 19:00 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Harvey is featured in the local newspaper today, really hope this will bring some news x
- 2013-01-16 19:15 A Wallington
- There is also a dog in the West Chiltingdon area of West Sussex described as Golden. If its not the lost retriever from the TN postcode area on DL then maybe it could be Harvey as he is often mistaken for a Golden retriever. That one is described as Golden so if they mean the colour rather than the breed then its a possibility. That oneis ref AFP139957
- 2013-01-16 18:26 Angus - Administrator, Head Office & Area Co-ordinator, Milton Keynes
- have flagged this up for Leeds coord to see on our forum
- 2013-01-16 18:23 A Wallington
- Have had a message from someone in the Leeds area who saw a dog which looked like a fox in the LS17 7jg area of Leeds. Ref is dog found AFP140008 on animalsearch UK. I sent him a pic of Harvey and he says he couldnt be sure but it look a lot like Harvey. Can someone from the Leeds DL team poss check it out as it was loose yesterday and seen rnning across roads. HELP PLEASE
- 2013-01-16 13:05 Paula Griffin's Mum
- posted on my FB page, hope this gorgeous boy is home soon, good luck, come on Harvey x
- 2013-01-14 18:14 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Amended posters and flyers E-mailed to the owner x
- 2013-01-14 18:05 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Reward added to posters.
- 2013-01-14 13:03 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Bumped due to media coverage (Gt. Yarmouth Mercury) Hopefully this will bring some news x
- 2013-01-11 14:45 Unknown
- Brilliant video - take a look if you haven't already. Harvey, will you please get home x
- 2013-01-11 13:08 A Wallington
- More postering yesterday 10/1 and Harvey's FB page "Lost toller Harvey" has been updated to show all areas covered so far on the map. The whole of the North Norfolk coast is now postered so we are going to start more inland. There as also been a Youtube video posted - please take a look
Last edited: 2013-01-11 13:09:03 by A Wallington
- 2013-01-09 21:44 Unknown
- Thank you Spitfire - I'm sure Alison will take some encouragement from that. It's really hard to keep hope going.... Really hope you have some good news very soon xx
- 2013-01-08 10:17 Spitfire
- Hi It is Molly the springers ID no 44559 owner that has been missing since the end Oct. We have been sometime weeks with out a sighting. Just dont give up.
- 2013-01-06 21:14 Unknown
- No problem Helen - hopefully we'll get a response from the posters very soon x
- 2013-01-06 17:06 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Many thanks to the people that turned out today. We have between us now postered a wider area and spread the word further a field, I know the owner, (Alison) really appreciated everybody's help and hopefully we will get the call we have been waiting for xx
- 2013-01-06 16:28 Denise
- May be worth an e-mail to email@example.com as they get a lot of the lost dogs from West Norfolk and will spread the word also.
- 2013-01-05 20:13 Unknown
- If you are joining us tomorrow in Norfolk to search/poster for Harvey, please keep a note of where the posters are so that when he is home we can remove them.
Harvey, we are coming to find you!
- 2013-01-04 18:57 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- There is an organised search and poster/flyer drop on Sunday 6th January.
Meeting point is 10.30am at the Dunes Cafe on Winterton Beach.
There will people searching on foot and those willing to drive further afield can nominate which area they can cover for postering and/or searching.
For those people that live further a field but can also poster could you please let Alison know the areas that have been covered.
Anybody wanting posters and flyers to print could you please E-mail me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Last edited: 2013-01-04 18:58:58 by Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- 2013-01-03 23:13 Unknown
- Alison is planning a huge search/poster drop all around the North Norfolk Coast on Sunday - can anyone out there help? It's a big area but if people could just do a section it would help to get the area covered. We really need to get another sighting of Harvey, so therefore people need to know he's missing. Details to follow shortly.Last edited: 2013-01-05 20:10:59
- 2013-01-01 17:10 A Wallington
- Thank you for all good wishes and I echo Reilly's sentiments that 2013 is a good one for all and brings our dogs back. Thank you Tworedshoes for the info. We will poster in that area as soon as we get the new posters delivered. x
- 2012-12-31 19:25 LisaMell - Area Volunteer, Herefordshire
- Ali....just wanted to say thainking of you all and hoping that harvey is home safe soon in 2013.Love to you all xxxx
- 2012-12-31 18:08 reilly
- Hello, thank you for your kind wishes for Angel, obviously Team Angel hope that your boy will be home soon too. That goes for all the missing dogs - I hope the New Year brings good news for all.
- 2012-12-30 22:50 Unknown
- Alison, I stayed in Burnham Mkt a couple of years ago, and although not exactly behind the church, there is a footpath that goes south behind a row of cottages, where there are some allotments alongside. Some of them had chickens on them. (I believe they were the subject of complaints a year or so ago and were in the press). Might be worth postering all around Burnham and surrounding area...
- 2012-12-30 19:25 A Wallington
- Thanks all for your support and suggestions as usual.
You are right. Harvey is bigger than most tollers. He is 23inch tall to his withers and weighs about 30kg although he is by no means fat I should stress. He is deep chested and a very large bushy tail, thick ginger coat and beige underfluff which is very thick at this time of year. Hence why I dont have too much of a worry about his survival regarding the weather. He has been described as a "Toller with legs" by the toller community and is extremely handsome and striking. ~The last lady who sighted him commented how stunning he was (at the time of the sighting she had no idea what he was) and how she thought he might have been a cross between a golden retriever and a red setter as his face is very setter-like. I hope this helps.
I had a call today from a "sensitive" friend who suggested he might be in the Burnham Market area near to a church and a farm with chickens. She also thought he might have started to steal chickens from a farm or yard nearby. Does anybody know if this sounds like a particular place in Burnham Market? We just need a recent sighting so we can target an area.
- 2012-12-29 19:08 Xenas Mum - Area Volunteer, Norfolk
- Harvey looks bigger than the Tollers I have met. Please can someone tell me what height & weight he is so I know exactly what he looks like. I have his poster up by my Nero's Kitchen dog biscuit stand in Happisburgh and will put a few more up in the village. My town and country news has just arrived, I didn't know about the Facebook page so have now asked to join. I so hope you get your boy back soon xxx
- 2012-12-29 18:10 Poppy Buck
- Hi Alison, this is Angela and Bridget reading the devastating news of Harvey's disappearance. Poppy ( Angela's black labrador) went missing last Christmas for eight days and was lured back by frying liver in the place where she was last spotted.Our hearts and thoughts are with you at this terrible time. Due to our MASSIVE leaflet campaign Poppy was sighted on quite a few occasions. Because of all the phone calls we were able to plot her movements on a map. Hopefully you will get some sightings soon. The more people who know he's missing the better. Suggest you try leafletting church halls, shops and anywhere people gather. Good luck.
- 2012-12-28 15:48 Unknown
- Will share again on FB - hoping this article brings a positive result. Fingers crossed xx
- 2012-12-28 14:19 A Wallington
- There is an article with picture about Harvey in the Town and Country News which covers the North Norfolk area and is delivered to 33,000 homes in the area today. More posters being put up today and enquiries being made at the May Gurney Estate which is a huge estate in the NN area where they do shooting etc.
- 2012-12-28 07:59 janiejewel1649
- All xd for a positive result.
- 2012-12-27 18:04 A Wallington
- Thanks Helen. Seems to have sorted itself out now.
Just back from our search today. Sadly not much to report except that we put up more posters in Felbrigg,Pretty Corner, Weybourne, Kelling among other areas. Ran out of posters but found exactly the spot that Cally Wilkinson Was Mixer had a sighting so we walked Muffin around there too. Lots of rabbits, pigeons and woodland in that area so the landscape would be very familiar to him. We really think that he would keep to the dunes/beaches and mostly areas along the coast as this is what he is used to rather than towns and populated villages. So long as he is not injured or hit by a car I think he would survive but we just need a more recent sighting so we can be sure we are in the right area. Please please please keep your eyes open when walking in fields-it is our only hope. Utterly emotionally shattered now....
- 2012-12-27 12:12 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- You may need to refresh the page Alison but if you are still having problems then E-mail them to me I will put them on for you email@example.com
Last edited: 2012-12-27 12:17:22 by Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- 2012-12-27 11:28 A Wallington
- I am trying to update the poster with new images but it keeps reverting to the original ones. Help please admin!
- 2012-12-27 10:21 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Gypsysmum Harvey went missing from West Somerton, which means he isn't really travelling towards home with this latest sighting.
- 2012-12-27 07:24 Gypsysmum
- Can I ask what area he comes from? He may be trying to head home?
- 2012-12-26 21:17 Foggydog
- PS Contact NORTH NORFOLK RADIO for a blast of publicity! hugs xx
- 2012-12-26 20:36 Foggydog
- I was so pleased to hear a bit of positive news. I will be with you in spirit Alison. Wish I could be there to help you. Have you contacted Felbrigg game keeper and famer?? I will ring Sheringham vets in the morning. i am sure that they will print off a poster. Lots of love xx
- 2012-12-26 19:03 jobadger
- Good luck tomorrow - I wish I could help practically but too far away. I will be with you in spirit and wishing for some good news. Take care and come out Harvey - it's much, much nicer at home. xx
- 2012-12-26 18:06 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Good luck Alison with the search tomorrow x
- 2012-12-26 17:54 A Wallington
- We are going to look and search starting around the Felbrigg area tomorrow. We are working on the hypothesis that that is lots of woodland around the area where he could get shelter and prey. We dont have a co-ordinated search approach this time as we really dont know where to start but can I ask DogLost to inform helpers in the area from Kings Lynn down to Mundesley that we would appreciate any dog walkers around the NN Coast and fields taking food with them to entice Harvey out. He responds to a gundog whistle giving 5 short "blasts" in quick succession - whistle pitch is 211and a 1/2(half). We will be taking food and going to Pretty Corner. We dont know that area well so would appreciate a clue as to where to park or best place to start the search. Thanks
- 2012-12-25 21:31 A Wallington
- I have just spoken to the lady who had the possible sighting. I am very encouraged as it sounds so much as if it could have been Harvey - she described him to a tea, said he had a collar on though she couldnt see what colour the collar was and she was only about 5 meters from him. She described him as looking like a cross between a golden retriever and a setter but lighter in colour which is how people often describe him.
She stopped her car and called him but he ran back across a road and a field. The actual area she saw him is Stow Lodge near Bliskin House. He was still going North. Looking at the map there are plenty of woods he could be sheltering in so we are going to search as much as we can in the next couple of days. Please God he is still OK. x
- 2012-12-24 18:37 Foggydog
- I have lit candles for you all. I will contact my friend who runs the beach Cafe @ Overstrand. Loiuse @ Beach cafe W Runton has put this up on her FB page. SO we are all hoping and praying that it is Harvey. HUGS++ xx
- 2012-12-24 11:00 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Bumped due to this possible sighting, fingers crossed Alison that the lady will get in touch with you x
- 2012-12-24 10:53 A Wallington
- Just been told that a lady called Cally Wilkinson was Mixer on fb has messged Kerry Brind to say that she saw a ginger dog running loose in Paston near Mundlesley a couple of weeks ago. That would be ony 15 or so miles as the crow flys from where he went missing so possible. I have messaged the lady to ask her to ring me so we can speak and find out more. If anyone knows any more please ring me on 07880 369 728., Thanks
- 2012-12-24 07:53 Foggydog
- love from us all. xx
- 2012-12-20 23:03 A Wallington
- Nik, DogLost PR, I believe I did mention dog lost but we were not given much time at all. Only reason they gave us air time was due to the scanning campaign - other radio stations wouldnt even put out an alert let alone interview me. I only got about a minute and had to fit every in. If you go to the facebook page there is a link to the interview so you can listen xLast edited: 2012-12-20 23:06:54 by A Wallington
- 2012-12-18 23:42 Foggydog
- Hi! Still 'with you' in thought and spirit. I really think that EDP would help spread the word. they have done it before. Still high up on FB each day. This is an amazing website to help at this worrying and sad time. DON'T GIVE UP xx
- 2012-12-18 20:07 Nik - PR Advisor
- Did you mention DogLost, or just Vetsgetscanning ?
- 2012-12-18 11:32 A Wallington
- I went on Radio Norfolk today to publicise Harvey's loss and the Vetsgetscanning.co.uk campaign. Not given much time this morning but they have indicated that they want to do a bigger piece on the subject so lets hope we can keep Harvey in the forefront of people's minds. If you want to hear the interview, here is the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p012rs6g
- 2012-12-18 11:17 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Bumped due to Alison being interviewed on Radio Norfolk, hopefully this will bring some long awaited news xxx
- 2012-12-17 22:40 A Wallington
- I shall be interviewed on Radio Norfolk tomorrow, 18th December '12, regarding Harvey and also regarding the Vets Get Scanning campaign. This is because I have been shocked to learn that vets do not routinely scan any new registrastions to the practice - my vets certainly dont and nor do several others that I have contacted. Vets are the missing link to finding our lost but microchipped dogs - if you agree, please sign the Vets Get Scanning petition. Thank you.
- 2012-12-17 09:15 Foggydog
- Don't give up hope. Thinking of you++ xx
- 2012-12-16 20:40 A Wallington
- Just a quick update (I have updated fb too). Thank you to everyone who turned up to look for Harvey today. We did a very wide search of the area of the possible sighting without success, unfortunately. More posters and talked to more people, lots of whom had heard about him from fb, doglost and posters etc. I have also put an add on Gumtree with lots of pics of him. Just hoping for another sighting soon so that we know which area to continue searching in. I have taken comfort from the story of Misty's sighting. Like her, Harvey appears to be in an area of mainly open fields so very difficult to search due to rivers, ditches and inaccessible places. One possible bit of info is that a man who is renovating a bungalow along the main road said that he found a dog poo on his lawn which is very strange as it is not an area where anyone would have a dog off a lead (due to main road). The bungalow also has several outbuildings which the owner has checked. He said he would continue to check and we could park on his land next time we searched. Some people are so lovely.x
- 2012-12-16 16:18 anne
- been with the owner and friends today to sea palling , we looked in old farm buildings and asked people and put more posters up , but sadly no luck today , come on harvey show yourself you are out there somewhere xx
- 2012-12-16 00:53 Foggydog
- Hi Alison, Thinking of you and praying that Harvey is back with you soon. The EDP will help you to spread the word. Stay positive. If I was closer I would be there to help you tomorrow. BE STRONG. Lots of love Sue xx
- 2012-12-15 23:56 A Wallington
- Just to let you know that I checked out the Mullinger Kennels and unfortunately it isnt Harvey. However, thank you for continuing to look and to update me with possibiities. x
- 2012-12-15 23:07 Unknown
- Regret I don't live closer, but I hope you find this lovely boy - there are too many out there that should be home. Good luck x
- 2012-12-15 19:58 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Is there anybody that can help search for Harvey tomorrow?
Harvey's owner will be starting off from Sea Palling car park near the Lifeboat Station tomorrow (Sunday) at 11.15.
- 2012-12-15 16:27 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Thank you Rosie I have let the owner know of this dog x
- 2012-12-14 22:42 Rosie
- There is a similar looking dog in one of the Irish dog shelters. Have a look at the Mullinger Dog Shelter facebook page. Its described as a Retriever x but might be worth checking? Rosie
- 2012-12-11 23:55 A Wallington
- We will be searching again in the Waxham/Sea Palling area tomorrow and will put up posters in the local shops there. ~Thank you all for your help and concern. At least we now have a starting point for a search!
- 2012-12-11 22:30 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- There has been a possible sighting of Harvey in Sea Palling today, the owner has been out searching the area, fingers crossed this is him and he will be home soon xxx
GraceLily if you want to contact the owner on the above contact number I'm sure she would be grateful for any help thank you x
Last edited: 2012-12-11 23:07:46 by Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- 2012-12-11 22:20 GraceLily
- Is there any updates on Harvey? I live in the area and am happy to help if I can.
- 2012-12-11 18:45 Danehaven
- I cant believe, hes not been found or seen since he went missing and with so many people knowing about him.
- 2012-12-09 10:11 DyfedZoo
- Any news on Harvey this morning Alison? Wish I was closer so could come and help the search x
- 2012-12-08 16:14 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- An appeal has gone out for Harvey on local radio stations, hopefully this will bring some news xx
- 2012-12-08 11:26 Cassie
- Are there any pigs kept in the area? 2 Cockers went missing for 48 hours and were found trapped in a pig pen. How they got in but couldn't get out, I don't know, but worth checking. Also should say that people looking and calling the dogs, never got any response from the dogs, no bark of recognition...
- 2012-12-07 10:23 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- Posters and flyers now made up and E-mailed to the owner.
- 2012-12-07 10:11 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- I have spoken to the owner and there has been no news on Harvey over night. The owner has contacted the Dog Warden and local vets in the area. The owner searched the area yesterday taking her other dog with her incase she picked up Harvey's scent.
I will make up posters and flyers for Harvey and get these E-mailed a.s.a.p
Hopefully there will be some news today xxx
- 2012-12-07 08:40 Shelties Mum - Area Volunteer, Kent
- If food orientated, maybe time to get the BBQ out for a grill up in a field?
- 2012-12-06 19:22 Riverlady
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-12-06 19:00 Danehaven
- OMG Harvey is one of my babies, he lives with another Toller called Muffy. Alison must be worried sick, stay safe harvey.
- 2012-12-06 18:43 Jayne - Administrator, Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in NR12,13,29,30,31.
- 2012-12-06 18:31 Helen - Area Co-ordinator, Norfolk, Suffolk & Cambridge
- I have E-mailed general information including contact numbers for vets in the area. I have added Harvey's details to Dog Lost Norfolk and Suffolk facebook group and other groups in the area.
Keep safe Harvey until you are found xxx
- 2012-12-06 17:55
- Sorry to see that HARVEY MISSING 4 YEARS is missing.
- If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and check that all details are up to date.
- Owners targeted by a malicious hoaxer demanding money for the return of their dog should phone the police on 101 immediately and contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A photograph of your dog is essential for the website. If you have not already uploaded one, please do so by clicking on Update details. Alternatively you can email it to email@example.com quoting the dog's DogLost ID number: (45998)
- Obtain a missing poster by clicking on View poster above. Posters are very important so start postering now!
- You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments. You can add comments by clicking on Click here to add a comment.
- Contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, the Police. Give a detailed description with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your area here.
- If your dog has been stolen inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN).
- If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, it can be legally re-homed after seven days. Visit rescue centres in person and do not rely on checking by phone alone. Other people may not recognise your dog by your description, so give them a DogLost poster.
- Keep us updated by keeping your dog's page up to date and check for posts from helpers who may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings
- DogLost is free and anyone asking for money to find or return your dog is not volunteering for us. If you are concerned about an approach you have received, please call our helpline on 01633 668 364. Lines are open seven days a week 08:00-20:00.