Lost: Ginger And White Cat Male In North East (SR6)
- Dog ID 44604
- Status Lost
- Registered 31 Oct 2012
- Name SMUDGE CAT
- Breed Cat
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Ginger and white
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 31 Oct 2012
- Where Lost Fulwell, Sunderland.
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area SR6
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Smudge is a cat.
- Phone 1 01915485522
- Phone 2
- Listed By robindarke
- Views 609
- See more dogs Lost in SR6
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-11-02 22:10 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Catchat website has a great action plan of things you can or should do. Many of these will be the same as for finding a lost dog, - but link is here if there is anything you haven't thought of yet - http://www.catchat.org/lost.html
They also have a list of local rescues all of who might be contacted if a cat is found - http://www.catchat.org/adoption/tynewear.html
I also assume you have contacted all your local vets - make sure they all get his details. Cats tend to travel a little less than dogs so lots of fliers through local doors can be really effective. Encourage neighbours to check garages and sheds to make sure he hasn't got himself shut in somewhere. Keep an eye on windowsills of any empty houses or houses where neighbours may be on holiday.
I work with a cat charity close to where I live (not close to you I'm afraid or else I'd help on the ground) and almost without exception it is the posters and fliers that bring lost cats home (assuming of course that they don't bring themselves back when they're hungry)
Good luck with your hunt - you are doing all the right things! He might just waltz in again at any time. They can be little monkeys when then want to be!
- 2012-11-02 13:54 janiejewel1649
- Hi. Just checking on "Smudge" for any developments. A young Cat I know went missing for over a week and is now safely back home. ~("Jemma" posted on Doglost) It may be that someone has been feeding him, and he sees it as his other "Home" Come on "Smudge" get yourself home where you belong.
- 2012-11-02 12:29 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in SR1,2,3,4,5,6. DH4. NE33,34,35,36,37,38.
- 2012-11-01 20:43 janiejewel1649
- As a footnote. Vets say that a male Cat that has been neutered will not roam as as far as an
unneutered Tomcat for obvious reasons. All xd.
- 2012-11-01 20:33 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to see Smudge is missing. He has probably gone looking for a girlfriend, if he hasn`t been neutered. Paws and fingers xd for Smudge`s safe return. Male Cats that have not been neutered will still prefer to mate with a female Cat that has NOT been spayed, because they are attracted by the scent of the unspayed female, not the spayed "Girls"
- 2012-11-01 15:25 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Photo requested
- 2012-10-31 20:49
- Sorry to see that SMUDGE CAT is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.