Reunited: Red And White Bulldog Female
- Dog ID 44362
- Status Reunited
- Registered 25 Oct 2012
- Name CHARLEY
- Breed Bulldog
- Gender Female
- Age Puppy
- Build Medium
- Colour Red and White
- Marks & Scars 3 months old. Black markings around eyes.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 24 Oct 2012
- Where Lost Rugby, Warks
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area CV22
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 30 Nov 2012
- Other Info Charley was STOLEN during a house break in. 3 months old. Wearing a pink collar. Black markings around eyes. Small umbilical hernia on tummy.
- Phone 1 01788 813110
- Phone 2 07917 733674
- Reward? YES
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 25239
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-12-06 21:42 millypod
- Lovely photos of charley and her family.So pleased for them all, stay safe pretty girl.xx
- 2012-12-06 20:50 Lynn
- I was delighted to have a visit from Charley on Saturday, who is just gorgeous! and agree Sue she is very gown up ( and heavy)!! thrilled at this happy ending! x
- 2012-12-06 13:05 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
And some lovely photos of Charley looking quite grown up now!!
- 2012-12-05 10:15 Claire Weston Turville
- This was in Today's Telegraph. Well done to everyone for getting Charley back home:
Burglars stole the 11-week-old bulldog after breaking into the home of Paul Tolin and his wife Kelly.
They grabbed Charley, a birthday present for Mrs Tolin, a GP receptionist, along with electrical equipment, jewellery, games and early Christmas presents.
The theft left the couple and their six-year-old son devastated.
A Twitter and Facebook campaign was launched to try and trace the dog and – after gaining thousands of followers – resulted in the dog's incredible rescue five weeks later.
Mr Tolin, 37, a machine tool engineer, said: "For ten years Kelly has been begging me for a bulldog puppy so this year I decided to get her one for her birthday and she was absolutely overjoyed.
she was part of our family.
"We tried never to give up hope but after five weeks had passed I was starting to wonder if we would ever see her again.
“She was microchipped and we were told it could be years before she turned up.
"When we got the call to say she had been found, we couldn't believe it. I rang up Kelly who just happened to be on a train to Birmingham at the time and she went straight round to the police station to pick her up.
“It was a very emotional reunion."
Two women spotted Charley , who cost £2,000, outside a school 35 miles away from the family home in Cawston, Warwickshire, and called the police.
Police took Charley to a nearby vet and scanned for her microchip. The vet confirmed the puppy was Charley and she was seized by police before being reunited with the family.
The social media campaign which led to the dog's rescue saw more than 2,200 people liking Charley's page on Facebook, plus retweets by famous dog lovers Julian Clary, Kate Humble, Jodie Marsh and Katie Price.
Mr Tolin notified his 3,500 followers on Twitter of the amazing rescue by tweeting: "Charley has been found. She's back home safe and sound. Big thanks to some very brave ladies."
- 2012-12-04 12:22 Paula Griffin's Mum
- FANTASTIC news :D - it's so sad when any dog goes missing, but when they are babies or in their twilight years, they're just that little bit more vunerable & it really really tugs at the heart strings. Dog Lost is a fantastic sight & instead of sending the usual Christmas cards to all & sundry I will be donating to Dog Lost instead :D
- 2012-12-01 00:17 bazil
- Wonderful news, welcome home little Charley xx
- 2012-11-30 21:47 ALB727
- What a great day charley home and another stolen dog reunited today.
- 2012-11-30 21:18 mathers22
- Fantastic news welcome home Charley - well done everyone you've all done a brilliant job xx
- 2012-11-30 20:19 Sarah W
- Another great result today. Wonderful news x
- 2012-11-30 20:11 janiejewel1649
- More wonderful news on Doglost. Stay safe now Charley:-)xxx
- 2012-11-30 19:30 millypod
- Brilliant news. Good to see another stolen dog back home. Stay safe little cutie.xx
- 2012-11-30 19:04 Claire Weston Turville
- Wonderful news,just so lovely to see that stolen dogs can get back to their proper owners through chips. Hope that the scum who took her get their rewards too! Stay safe lovely girl xx
- 2012-11-30 12:21 SaffySP
- Oh how fantastic!! I've been so worried about this little one ever since she went missing. I may have a little blub, lol. So glad she's home xx
- 2012-11-30 10:31 Lynn
- Thrilled, so happy for them !!!lesleyjane, she is apparently settling back in at home just fine, can't wait for a cuddle. xLast edited: 2012-11-30 10:56:58 by Lynn
- 2012-11-30 09:50 lesleyjane
- Great start to the day!! Is she ok? Looking forward to hearing more! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 2012-11-30 09:30 Viv
- omgoodness!! soooo pleased for wee Charley and her family. Hope she is ok, look forward to hearing how/when/where xx
Last edited: 2012-11-30 11:23:13 by Viv
- 2012-11-30 09:30 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Fantastic news:)
- 2012-11-30 09:09 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Owner has confirmed that little Charley is safely home. Wonderful news XX
- 2012-11-29 23:24 Lynn
- Charley has definatley been found!!! and is home !!! so so happy for her family............... I know they will update in due course. x
- 2012-11-29 23:24 Reg&oddie mum
- Also on twitter she's home
- 2012-11-29 23:12 snufflepuppy
- Read on her FB page that she is home, not confirmed by owner though.
- 2012-11-27 11:01 rostro
- Just read on her face book page that owner thinks she may have been sold on in the Birmingham area....
- 2012-11-11 08:12 Tolin P
- 2 possible sightings near Railway terrace Rugby recently, going to poster the area this morning.
- 2012-11-07 22:31 Lynn
- Hi Lisa ,thank you , the Ricoh isn't too far away from us, I will e mail owners to see if they can poster there, sadly I won't be able to poster this weekend.x
- 2012-11-07 12:37 LisaP
- Just thinking again, not too sure how far the Stadium is from where Charley was stolen, but it is worth asking to display posters at Coventry FC, there is a home match this weekend?
- 2012-11-07 12:31 LisaP
- So sorry to see this baby is missing. I have asked a friend to ask Marc Abraham the Celebrity TV Vet to Tweet about Charley. Ask all friends on Twitter to do the same. Sorry I live so far away, but hope your baby is back very soon x
- 2012-11-05 19:25 Lynn
- Still no news , I've e mailed dogsworld and have had this reply below......I've also spoken to The Daily Mail & E mailed them links, they have said they will look into it re covering the story, any admin have any national newspaper contacts???!!!, also schools and colleges have been e mailed together with a dogs lost poster in Rugby /Cov asking teachers to talk to children to see if they have seen her or knows anyone who has. All this publicity, someone somewhere knows where she is and that she has been stolen, this family are still heartbroken......reply from dogsworld.......
So sorry to hear about Charley. We will certainly feature the theft in our paper this week.
Good luck - my advice would be to put posters up as far and a wide as possible they are usually very effective.
The Dog World Ltd | 01233 658908 | http://www.dogworld.co.uk
- 2012-11-02 12:01 Julie
- Paul and Kelly - is it worth adding prominently to the posters that Charley can never have puppies as this may make quite a difference to her worth in some eyes. Also would it be worth highlighting the fact that there is a reward - with a highlighter pen if it can't be done on the computer? I'm free sunday afternoon if you need any help - Lynn has my contact details.
- 2012-11-02 11:53 Julie
- Have postered around Hawkesbury Canal Junction, given some to people on canal boats and left some at the Greyhound pub there as it's a major refuelling station for people living/travelling around on canal boats.
- 2012-11-02 09:12 Tolin P
- Charleys hernia operation will be due when she's 6 months old. Whoever has her, please return her. You will HAVE TO take her to the vet soon! And, our vet told us she cannot be bred from.
- 2012-11-02 08:00 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Julie and Lynn I'll email you.
- 2012-11-02 00:14 Lynn
- Jayne there are "sites" not a million miles away!!! who would be the best to check these out please ?
- 2012-11-01 20:10 Julie
Lynn and I have been wondering about how to approach the travellers camps in the area - is there someone who knows how to go about this to get the best result?
- 2012-11-01 20:06 Julie
- It's a great pleasure to help-just wish we could get her home. Hope you have as good a day as you can tomorrow and get a chance to recharge a bit - you must be exhausted with everything you've been thru and everything you've done to find Charley. x
- 2012-11-01 20:04 Tolin P
- Twitter link is Charley bulldog, @paul tolin #findcharley
- 2012-11-01 19:59 Tolin P
- Hi all, still no news but been on 3 different radio stations this week. Charley has been in most of the local papers too. Kelly's Facebook page has 750 followers in just 2 days! My Twitter page is pretty active too, it's almost a full time job replying to everyone. Kelly's birthday tomorrow so we are having a break from it all for a day. Can't say enough thankyous to everyone helping us, we are very very grateful!!!
- 2012-11-01 19:58 Lynn
- Hi Jayne thank you .some links........
- 2012-11-01 19:35 Jayne - Head Office
- Bumped due to media...may we have links please...then we can put on newspage and tweet for you....
- 2012-11-01 19:30 Lynn
- Hi Julie checking sites would be good thanks, I've done it daily and still nothing showing :( She was featured on a BBC COV & WARWICKS today......somene somewhere must know something due to so much media cover, and posters! Thank you xx
- 2012-11-01 19:19 Julie
- Anything I can do online whilst I'm at work over the next few days? I'll keep an eye on sites like gumtree but is there anything else?
- 2012-10-31 22:54 Lynn
- Also checking all free ad sites !........
- 2012-10-31 22:34 Lynn
- Julie thank you so much! that is brilliant!!! you have helped & worked so hard thank you xxxx when I postered around Cawston yesterday alot of people walking around Cawston hadn't heard about Charley & the break in,I postered and gave out posters as much as I could, & posted through loads of doors,now I've seen exactly where owners live , although it's a stones throw from A45/M6/M1 I'm just wondering if she could still be local? really hoping the coverage in local papers tomorrow might bring some news , again thank you Julie!! (I'm still smiling re my open car door on Monday)!! xxx
- 2012-10-31 18:42 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Great to see that Charley has been in the paper and thank you so much Julie and Lynn for all your help
- 2012-10-31 17:45 Julie
- Lynn, I've done Solihull and Knowle and in Coventry I've done Counden Wedge, Allesley Park, RSPCA Centre, PDSA, Just for Pets and Tesco (both by the Ricoh, Pets at Home (Gallahger Park), Morrison (Alvis Park)and both Regent Vets. Sainsburys wouldn't let me put any up or leave any! I should have an hour or so before it gets dark tomorrow so I plan to do the Memorial Park, Central Six, Broad Lane vets and Go Outdoors (they allow dogs in their shops). I don't know the side of Coventry around Walsgrave hospital (and I think there is a big Asda that way as well) so if there is anyone else who knows that area and where dog owners are likely to go or where there is going to be a bonfire display it would be great if they could cover that. If not I'll try to get back to Coventry during daylight on Friday. x
- 2012-10-30 17:23 Lynn
- Are there any local helpers who could maybe poster over that way?there needs lots & lots more put up and handed out!!! (didn't realise how big the estate was now) I'm not going to be able to do too much more over the next few days.
- 2012-10-30 17:17 Lynn
- Been up to Cawston today, some posters had been ripped down around owners house!!! me and my friend have - re postered and handed out lots of posters to dog walkers who surprisingly hadn't heard about Charley! I asked if they could also hand out posters as well they all said they would and were shocked at what has happened,!!! there is a main road that heads towards the A45 one way and M6/M1 the other,also there are alot of fields and farms surrounding the owners home, I've messaged owner to say maybe more posters to be given out around there, and more posters need to be put up!! as it's a busy through road for motorists and walkers.Also handed out posters to builders & road repair men who are working nearby. There is alot of media coverage as well Last edited: 2012-10-30 17:19:46 by Lynn
- 2012-10-29 20:13 Lynn
- Oh that's brilliant! and front page covering excellant! I spoke to Paul the owner and they are so grateful and pass on a big thank you to you!.....( I'm just grateful we didn't have to walk home from Hillmorton , after me leaving the door wide open)ha ha !!!!! xx
- 2012-10-29 19:41 Julie
- Very glad to help Lynn and it was lovely too meet you too - I just hope little Charley is home soon. Picked up a copy of the Coventry Telegraph on the way home and she is on the front page here. I've also had replies from friends from Lancaster, across to Wales and down to Windsor and many places in between and they are passing the word to everyone in their address books as well. Keeping everything crossed xx
- 2012-10-29 12:55 Lynn
- Julie and I have poetered a large area today, Brownsover, Newton, Clifton ,Hillmorton, Dunchurch, and Long Lawford, including all the big parks and recs in Rugby, I have also e mailed Northampton Radio as a friend of a friend is a DJ on there, also my friend is working in London this week , so she is going to take some posters there.Alot of areas covered, so pray that they just get that one phone call from someone who knows something, as we were postering alot of people already knew about little Charley!!......A MASSIVE THANK YOU Julie you were a huge help & great comapany!, lovely to meet you. XX Last edited: 2012-10-29 19:27:31 by Lynn
- 2012-10-28 22:45 Lynn
- Charley now has a Facebook page..........
- 2012-10-28 20:19 Lynn
- If you could also set up a F/B page for Charley that would be good too,the whole ordeal has been just awful for you!! but we will help you as much as we can. xx
- 2012-10-28 20:16 Lynn
- You have done a brliant job!! Julie is coming over to mine tomorrow and we are going to poster Brownsover / Hillmorton/ caldecott park, and Jamie is going to poster Brinklow shops tomorrow as he is popping to work.We will also try and pop some posters through random doors at Cawston.....txt me if you think of anything else, the lady who I got mollie from is going to spread the word in leicester for us too. xxx
- 2012-10-28 20:06 Tolin P
- Guys, thanks for all your support so far. Kelly and I have been as busy as we can be (we've got a break in to deal with aswell:-( We've postered around the town centre a lot, the retail park and pet shops. Sports centres, petrol stations, lots of shops,Sainsburys, Asda and Tescos, covered Bilton village, the Crow pie, the Avon mill, the Newbold tavern, the local Tip. Bilton road shops (Big Fish and Shahporan), the shops around Blockbuster video,Bilton vets, Ryton pools, a couple around the industrial estate, Nicky from Thortons is doing around Daventry, the Merchants. We've really given it our all. Twitter campaign going well, Facebook too. we've got some fantastic people helping us. Many many thanks.
Paul Kelly Cole.
- 2012-10-28 18:37 Julie
- No Problem - I've also been through my address book again specifically asking people if they know anyone that can help in brimingham
- 2012-10-28 17:23 Lynn
- Thanks again Julie , wll be in touch xLast edited: 2012-10-28 18:44:38 by Lynn
- 2012-10-28 17:21 Lynn
- Julie that is so kind of you! thank you! but it is a fair distance to come over, and it starts to get dark about 4,also on Tuesday I'm ou at 5!(well keep fit)!!!!!!!, but! if you can do Coventry that will be a huge help,and get as amny paople to spread the word around there, I can do Rugby town as I work there, my friend is coming to my office tomorrow to get more posters and she is postering, again thank you so much,still havn't heard from owners as to what areas they have done , I will call them tomorrow if heard nothing by endof he day today.xx
- 2012-10-28 16:57 Julie
- Lynn, I'll print off 200 as I'm off tuesday morning so can do pet shops, parks etc around Coventry then. I'll bring some plastic wallets and tape as well.
I can meet you in Rugby from about 3pm (I'll be travelling from Solihull so will depend a bit on the roads. I've never been there before so can you suggest somewhere easy to find - I don't have sat nav or internet on my phone so can you put my number in your phone?
I don't know anyone in birmigham but I'll ask around at work tomorrow and email some friends to see if they know any people that way.
- 2012-10-28 16:17 Lynn
- Julie I don't think all need to be laminated just ones that will be outside, I don't have a laminater, but do have clear plastic files, I gave the owner about 30 on Friday & and I know they have printed off loads, so I don't think a full box of 500 would be needed, but it might be an idea to put some through doors locally her as well , not sure if owners have done that as well. xx
- 2012-10-28 16:12 Lynn
- Julie thank you so so much!! I will print off some in work tomorrow as well, as for postering around Cov as many places as possible, mainly shops , supermarkets, pet shops , taxi companies, I even thought of gas companies / electricians / bulders/ plumbers asking them to put up in their vans,I've got one in the back of my car, I'm going to give one to our post ladies as well tomorrow, Parks are a good one as alot of bonfire displays this weekend.I've txtd owner to see where they havn't covered , I'm just waiting to hear back, I've e mailed Central News ,and the Daily Mail, it's also on BBC website, and owners have puts ads saying stolen on all the usual selling sites.I have a friend in Leicester who is going to do the same and poster , do you know anyone in B'ham who could spread the word there? this family live near to me and are just hearbroken! we need to poster over Rugby so any help would be apreciated , I work in Rugby town and usually finish at 1...I could meet up with you? Again thank you!! xx
- 2012-10-28 12:52 Julie
- Lynn - I can print off a lot of posters at work (as long as I pay for the paper used they are fine with it) so if it would help I could deliver a lot to Rugby tomorrow as well as putting some up. Please let me know how many if you'd like me to do this - I think one packet of photocopying paper is 500 sheets so can do multiples of that.
- 2012-10-28 12:43 Julie
- Put a request for helpers on facebook group of dog walkers.
- 2012-10-28 12:37 Julie
- I'm working till late today but I'm back in Coventry tomorrow from about 3pm. I can print posters so just need to know where you'd like me to put them up.
Also do they need to be laminated?
- 2012-10-28 10:38 Lynn
- Is there anyone that can help with more postering? the family are doing alot themselves, but really need more help, they have informed the media, and done lots of postering, and are working really hard to get Charley back. x
- 2012-10-27 23:04 Lynn
- Such a lovely famliy ,.............Its devastating.... and heartbreaking,!!! PLEASE everyone,look out for this girl, crosspost etc. lets get her found and home to her family!! x lots of posters have been put up! x
- 2012-10-27 13:46 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- copy of tweet circulating.......
CHARLEY Bulldog Puppy STOLEN http://bit.ly/RletSh #Rugby #Warks #CV22 Plz RT #findcharley
- 2012-10-26 23:16 ellejay
- Already circulating well on facebook and twitter, this is a dispicable act what these scumbags have done, and its on the increase more and more.
Please check all the free ads, like gumtree, preloved, ukclassifieds, epupz etc incase they are trying to sell her on there.
I am to far away to help, but will keep my eyes open on the net and will spread the word, also get a poster to the Willows vet school in Birmingham, they are good to spread word.
Get her to hot to handle, and hopefully she will be home soon xx
- 2012-10-26 19:37 janiejewel1649
- Sorry to see Charlie is missing. Let`s make her "Too hot to handle" Posters, posters, and more posters. Paws and fingers xds for her safe return.
- 2012-10-26 18:50 Sharon Wormald
- Shared x
- 2012-10-26 15:57 mathers22
- I've facebooked have some friends in Rugby area and she's already re-posted to all her pals. Good luck hope she's soon reunited xx
- 2012-10-26 12:53 Lynn
- Thank you Julie,we just need to spread the word as far as we can the owners are heartbroken, especially their 6 year old son!!I have met the owners today and given them lots of posters!! they have told me that due to Charley having a hernia SHE CAN NEVER BE BRED!!!!! I'm still checking websites.They have a list of where to post and have informed schools , vets dog groomers etc, and just trying to make her to hot. Fingers crossed . x
- 2012-10-26 12:24 Julie
- Posted on facebook for group of dog walkers in coventry and emailed some professional dog walking firms that cover coventry/solihull and surrounding areas. Anything else I can do?
- 2012-10-26 11:02 Jayne - Head Office
- 2012-10-26 10:19 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Never mind. I've done them now to all CV postcodes
- 2012-10-26 06:48 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- BUMP. MORE ALERTS PLEASE. STOLEN.
- 2012-10-26 06:45 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Charley in the Rugby advertiser
http://www.rugbyadvertiser.co.uk/news/local/cawston-family-devastated-after-bulldog-puppy-stolen-during-burglary-at-their-home-1-4406821Last edited: 2012-10-26 06:45:41 by Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- 2012-10-25 20:05 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner, he is doing all the right things. He has spoken to the local radio station and also the local paper. He is trying to make her 'TOO HOT TOO HANDLE'
- 2012-10-25 19:58 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Info and Advice sheet sent.
- 2012-10-25 17:45 Lynn
- I've spoken to owner, and given some more advice,they havn't yet managed to print off posters so I'm going to print as many as I can off tomoorrow and they are coming to pick them up as I'm very local to them, really pray this little girl gets found very soon. x
- 2012-10-25 17:36 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Put on Facebook East Mids & Warks
- 2012-10-25 17:14 Lynn
- Hi Tolin P,I think more media needs to be aware, maybe Cov radio/evening telegraph etc......have shared, and friends are also sharing, and I will continue to check sites, did your nieghbours see or hear anything? are the police being pro avtive? x
- 2012-10-25 16:51 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- This dog needs a much wider range of alerts please, only had five miles and she's STOLEN.
- 2012-10-25 16:44 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Have moved extra details to this page and updated a new poster photo.
- 2012-10-25 14:49 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx...just on the phone to owner...and was about to change the sex to female...
- 2012-10-25 14:47 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Owner has also registered Charley now, will combine the pages and photos asap.
- 2012-10-25 14:45 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Have altered this for you Tolin P. I hope Charley is soon found.
Will share on my Facebook page
- 2012-10-25 14:40 Tolin P
- Hi I'm the owner, Charley is actually female. I'm not sure how to get this changed though. Well spotted Lynn.
- 2012-10-25 13:43 millypod
It say female on bulldog rescue.
- 2012-10-25 12:26 Lynn
- Is Charley male? as I saw on one ad on my facebook page female? and in this photo he/she has a pink collar on.Please could someone check? x
- 2012-10-25 10:35 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in CV21,22,23.
- 2012-10-25 10:13 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Circulating on twitter
- 2012-10-25 10:04 Sue, Co-ordinator Central