Lost: Chocolate Cocker Spaniel Female In North East (DL12)
- Dog ID 44311
- Status Lost
- Registered 23 Oct 2012
- Name TILLY
- Breed Cocker Spaniel
- Gender Female
- Age Young Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Chocolate
- Tail Docked
- Marks & Scars White mark on the front of her chest.
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 15 Oct 2012
- Where Lost Baldersdale, Barnard Castle, County Durham
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area DL12
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 01833 650 801
- Phone 2 07711435025
- Reward? £500
- Listed By Abie
- Views 6909
- Followers 7
- See more dogs Lost in DL12
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-03-31 14:15 LOG HELEN
- Shared to my group on facebook called https://www.facebook.com/MissingStolenPetsTyneWear please come and join us we are all looking out for your missing baby.
- 2013-03-27 17:50 Gypsy
- Still looking out for Tilly. Hope this gorgeous girl finds her way home soon, I know her family are desperately missing her x
- 2013-03-27 08:44 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. I hope it brings some news.
- 2013-02-13 14:09 lost and found spaniels
- http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/chocolate-cocker-spaniel-2yo/1009078003#.URucde9nrxs.facebook might be worth looking into
- 2013-01-23 19:07 Jayne - Head Office
- And it will....
- 2013-01-22 08:25 Fiona
- At least this can now be discounted and the search for Tilly can continue.
- 2013-01-21 21:14 Gypsy
- Message from owner on FB - Police have visited the man in Telford and dog scanned - definately NOT Tilly x
- 2013-01-21 09:01 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in TF1-10.
- 2013-01-21 08:50 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- have emailed owner direct with some information . I am asking admin to send out alerts .
Police would need a reason and proof for a warrant. they do have powers to enter a property without a warrant if they feel a crime has taken place- but again they need to be sure.
unsure of dogwardens powers i have just asked my local DW. they hold no powers to enter a house. they have less than police have and in some cases require police to be able to enter a place.
- 2013-01-21 03:07 cosmo
- 2013-01-21 02:29 scootjockey
- Abie hope the following info helps.....I believe in your situation where the police cant/wont get involved (may need a warrant to enter the property) an animal warden has the power to visit and to scan any dogs found at this bloke's house.The AW's in Birmingham are law enforcer's and have far more powers than other AW's, these are explained by Wensmums on my stolen dogs page Tay ID 28897. Hope it helps. Ps could the pet detective dog be snickers?
- 2013-01-20 22:24 HelenCh
- See what you mean Gypsy, terrierlady is referring to Petdetectives spaniel.
- 2013-01-20 21:51 Gypsy
- Terrierlady and HelenCh - I think you might be getting your wires crossed. The dog previously mentioned and believed to be Tilly was advertised on Preloved's website and the photograph of the dog and man selling it, has been circulating FB. This has absolutely nothing to do with the dog on the travellers site that was posted to the Pet Detective's site over a week ago.
Tilly's owner is very confident the dog advertised on Preloved is Tilly and they are doing everything they can to get her back. Unfortuately the circumstances are difficult but be assured that everything will be done to get her back home where she belongs.
- 2013-01-20 21:15 HelenCh
- The picture on facebook has a dog with NO white paws visible.
- 2013-01-20 20:52 terrierlady
- Not Tilly as this dog has white paws - but If anyone has lost a chocolate female working cocker - Pet detectives are appealing on Alfies lost dogs for anyone who recognises a dog they have found on a site - sadly she is chained with a padlock and they are unable to remove her unless they know she is stolen - there is a photograph
- 2013-01-20 19:47 Jayne - Head Office
- Have forwarded this link To CJ our police co ordinator to look into...
- 2013-01-20 19:36 jobadger
- I find it odd that someone who is selling/buying dogs on preloved, will take a dog to a vet's on a SUNDAY morning............ There are 18 vets in Telford -
http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/business_by_type/search.publisha?BusinessType=veterinary+surgery&BusinessName=Business+name&Surname=Residential+name&TownOrPostcode=telford&x=0&y=0&phonebook=onLast edited: 2013-01-20 19:44:14 by jobadger
- 2013-01-20 18:16 mathers22
- Don't give up keep on goading the Vet and the Police. Wear them down if this is your dog then fight to get her back. I would - would be like a dog with a bone !! Good luck xx
- 2013-01-20 17:10 Fiona
- Does doglost not have a police co-ordinator or cotact, that could dig deeper on this, it cant just be left, even if it turns out not to be Tilly, answers are needed for peace of mind.
- 2013-01-20 16:52 bazil
- This is so wrong, ask the police to forward that email so you can go to the vets with photos of Tilly. Wherever Tilly is, hope you have your girl home safe very soon x
- 2013-01-20 16:38 Poppy & Willow's Mum
- Who actually took the dog to the vets, the bloke in the picture or has she been sold on?
- 2013-01-20 16:36 Poppy & Willow's Mum
- Ask the police to forward you the email, that way you can find out which vets it was and if the email was actually from the vets in question
- 2013-01-20 16:26 Fiona
- I saw the pic when it was on facebook and the likeness is uncanny, if you know what vets was used, take dowm a few pics of Tilly. The police should be able to do more, would a private investigator be going over the top. I so hope you get Tilly home.
- 2013-01-20 16:14 Poppy & Willow's Mum
- Do you know which vets it was, can you speak to them directly?
- 2013-01-20 15:57 Abie
- The police said they cant do anything else, as they just have to take their word for it. And we didnt personally speak to the vets, the police did. Not sure what we can do now.
- 2013-01-20 15:48 Poppy & Willow's Mum
- Oh no thats awful, can the police do anymore. Are you able to ask the vets to describe the dog he took?
- 2013-01-20 15:26 Abie
- We have managed to get in touch with him, but he guarantee's its not our dog. Yet he wont tell us who he sold it to, or got it from. We rung the police last night, and they also got in touch with him, and said if they're definite its not stolen then they wouldn't mind getting the dog micro-chipped, so they took the dog to a vets in Telford this morning and the vets emailed the police saying that the dog is not microchipped. Yet how do we know that the dog they took to the vets is the same dog in the picture and possibly Tilly. It could be a totally different bitch. Seems weird as we just want Tilly back, we've said if it is her he can have the £500 reward and we'll ask no questions about where he got her from. We just want our dog back. Last edited: 2013-01-20 15:27:23 by Abie
- 2013-01-20 15:02 Poppy & Willow's Mum
- If you are trying to get in touch with the person on the preloved ad, I found an address that related to the area you had mentioned. I still have the info if you need it.
- 2013-01-20 14:28 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Have spoken with Tilly's family. They are very much still searching for Tilly and trying to follow up different leads at the moment.
- 2013-01-20 13:46 Abie
- Hello cosmo, we are still trying to get Tilly back, she is a very loved member of our family, ofcourse we still want her back! thank you anyway, we just cant seem to get in touch with the man that is currently got Tilly. x
- 2013-01-20 12:49 cosmo
- 2013-01-19 20:48 Poppy & Willow's Mum
- I was following on Facebook too but can't find the post anymore, what has happened?
- 2013-01-19 20:05 NickyB01
- Was following story on Facebook and was extremely moved by it, Please keep us updated as we all want to know when Tilly gets home where she belongs! x
- 2013-01-15 15:59 Jojo
- Sorry ignore that post, wrong site, this is the right link http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/a-special-family-home-is-required-for-this-beautiful-cocker-spaniel/1005978575
- 2013-01-15 15:57 Jojo
- http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog-blog.php?dogId=47438 you might want to check this out..
- 2013-01-11 16:52 Abie
- Thank you! fingers crossed too! x
- 2013-01-11 02:05 Sherlockie
- Hi. I've stumbled across this advert. You may want to enquire. The guy and the photo background just look a bit unsettling. Fingers crossed x
- 2013-01-10 20:09 Abie
- Thank you for the latest post, i've emailed the animal wardens! I really hope this goes somewhere! xx
- 2012-12-22 00:35 Gypsy
- Found Dog
21 Dec 2012 Cocker Spaniel
Location: Leyburn DL8
Colour: Brown Tan
Our Ref: 288096
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-12-09 21:32 Scruffpot
- Cocker called Tilly found in Bishop Auckland. ID 46080 Description not obviously the same, but descriptions have been known to be wrong before. worth checking out I would think.
- 2012-11-28 21:12 bazil
- Any update available about Tilly x
- 2012-11-18 12:12 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- This has been put on AW site today (18/11) Maybe worth checking if its Tilly
Text sent x
Must of had one of them moments lol, Forgot to put the info :/
18 Nov 2012 Spaniel
Location: Richmond DL11
Our Ref: 285043
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available Last edited: 2012-11-18 12:47:42 by Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- 2012-11-14 19:02 ravenette
- Such a gorgeous dog. I really hope that you get some good news soon xxx
- 2012-11-14 08:00 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. Good luck, I hope it brings some news
- 2012-10-24 21:45 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Tilly went off from her owners property along with the owners terrier but the terrier returned after 3 days. There has been no word of Tilly at all. Have advised owners to make sure they have contacted all relevant authorities including Petlog. Hoping Tilly is back home very soon x
- 2012-10-24 21:29 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Thanks Jayne ! Text sent to owners
- 2012-10-24 01:39 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in DL2,11,12,13.
- 2012-10-23 19:20
- Sorry to see that TILLY is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.