Rainbow Bridge: White And Black Husky Cross Female
- Dog ID 44306
- Status Rainbow Bridge
- Registered 23 Oct 2012
- Name ICE
- Breed Husky Cross
- Gender Female
- Age Older Adult
- Colour white and black
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 21 Oct 2012
- Where Lost Neath.
- Lost In Region
- Lost In Post Area SA10
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 07875 249447
- Phone 2
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 1593
- See more dogs in Rainbow Bridge
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-11-02 14:42 dcrock
- I would like to really thank everyone who has either looked out for Ice or viewed her page. It was a very sad ending to her life, she was the most gentle dog anyone could wish to meet. I owned her for over 7 yrs (she was ex-rescue dog) and even though her approx age was nearly 11, she was in fine health and growing old gracefully. Most of the time I work at home, so we've kept each other company for a long time and my house (and life) is now very empty without her.
On the Sunday she escaped I had left her inside my house, without her collar on. She had access to a secure outside area via her large dogflap but she couldn't have been happy that lunchtime, as she pulled down a 7ft high gate to get out to look for me. I live by a major railway line but it is very difficult to get down onto the line, so I can only guess she wandered down the zig-zag pedestrian access down to the nearby unmanned railway platform and onto the railway line after becoming disorientated. I only hope that after being hit by a train, she died quickly and didn't suffer.
Yes it is very disappointing that a major company like Network Rail or the contractor they used, don't have a micro-chip reader, as I haven't officially ID'd the dead dog and I wanted to but it's too big a coincidence not to be her, due to the description from Network Rail. Also there have been no sightings at all of her or no other missing huskys in my area, i know of. Thankfully my train driver friend contacted me, otherwise me, my ex-wife and 2 little girls would still be wondering everyday and every night where their beautiful Icey was, at least we now have some sort of closure ....... RIP Icey xxx
Thanks again - Darren
- 2012-10-30 13:50 Nik, DogLost PR Team
- Network Rail scapegoating a contractor again. Not good enough.
- 2012-10-30 11:12 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- I am so very sad this beautiful girl didnt make it back home.
Run free in the sunshine at the Bridge x
My thoughts are with her family
- 2012-10-30 09:22 Meru
- I am so very, very sorry to hear about Ice - RIP beautiful boy - play free over the Bridge xx
- 2012-10-29 22:44 jobadger
- I'm so very very sorry you didn't make it home gorgeous. Rest in Peace in the sunshine Ice - my thoughts are with your family at this very sad time. xx
- 2012-10-29 21:25 millypod
- So sorry rest in peace Ice.xx
Agree with Shereen you would hope Network Rail and ALL it Contractors would have scanners.
- 2012-10-29 18:23 mathers22
- How sad RIP Ice - really sorry for the owners loss xx
- 2012-10-29 17:58 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Absolutely Shereen!
- 2012-10-29 17:53 Shereen
- Im so sorry to hear about Ice...just too Sad...Run Free baby over Rainbow bridge....Xxx
Im gobsmacked that a major organisation like Network Rail dont have a scanner...they are not exactly alot to buy for a major organisation who charge mega fees to travel?????this should never happen in this day and age...surely they can afford a scanner?...its the difference between closure and never knowing...we pay out to have our dogs microchipped for a reason...because we care...sorry if ive upset anyone in writing this...but feel it needed to be said.xxxx
- 2012-10-29 16:56 Helen, Area Co-ordinator Norfolk and Suffolk
- So very sorry, run free over the bridge sweetheart xxx
- 2012-10-29 16:41 digbysmum
- Oh how tragic - another lost to the railways. I am so very sorry, and my thoughts are with Ice's family at this sad time. Run free at the bridge, beautiful Ice xxx
- 2012-10-29 16:32 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- So sad xx
- 2012-10-29 16:26 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Just taken a call from the owner of Ice and sadly he is 99% sure she was killed on the main London to Swansea line. A report had been filed by a train driver of a large Husky type dog at the side of the tracks and on Wednesday 24th the body was removed by a contract firm and was incinerated the same day. Owner has spoken to the firm and the description fits. Sadly the company do not have a scanner and Ice was not wearing a collar. RIP sweetheart.
- 2012-10-27 11:26 toby
- will keep an eye out in Neath Port Talbot this weekend and also dog walking up in Afan valley......
- 2012-10-25 11:46 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Thanks for your help.
Shared on Facebook. Hope this lovely girl is safely home soon x
- 2012-10-23 21:22 mackie n badger n alfie
- Will keep an eye out for her as I go through Skewen to work also in the local parks too. Hope there is news soon.
- 2012-10-23 19:06 dcrock
- Ice escaped in Skewen on midday last Sun. She's approx 10 yrs old, docile and very friendly. Reward offered. Please phone with any info - Many thanks Darren
- 2012-10-23 17:16 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in SA1,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14.