Lost: Black Coat, Brown/Tan Legs Collie Cross Female In North West (CH63)
- Dog ID 44305
- Status Lost
- Registered 23 Oct 2012
- Name SADIE
- Breed Collie Cross
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Elderly
- Build Medium
- Colour Black Coat, Brown/Tan legs
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Coat greying in areas. Cataracts on both eyes. Hind legs are weak & she looks old, thin & fr
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 20 Oct 2012
- Where Lost Escaped from home: Morello Drive, Spital, Wirral, Merseyside, CH63 9ADLast sighting: Brome Way, Poulton Lancelyn Estate around 2.30pm
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area CH63
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Sadie used to walk in Dibbinsdale Woods (Brotherton Park) We have searched this area but as she does not walk far now we think it is unlikely she will have venured into the woods. We think someone may have take her in locally as she looks so old and vulnerable. Failing this she may have taken shelter in a garden, garage or shed. We have put posters up!
- Phone 1 07731559174
- Phone 2 01515129800
- Listed By Emma
- Views 1502
- See more dogs Lost in CH63
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-11-15 13:53 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Shame we dont have a comment history for our own profile lol
- 2012-11-15 13:40 mathers22
- No it wasn't ID44202 this dog was laying down on a blanket - I've looked on here and I can't find here/him now. At first when the description went up there was no sex or picture just a description and with it being Kirby way I first thought of Ben but then when the photo came on, obviously it wasn't Ben because this one is more black. I made a lot of comments on this dog's page and someone from Kirby area went to look apparently in case it was Ben. It's more than possibly not Sadie because I can't remember how long ago it was, possibly could be more than 3 weeks that Sadie's been missing. I feel awful for saying anything now in case it's got hopes up but they were very similar.
- 2012-11-15 13:17 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Was it Id 44202 Mathers, If so Sadies owners did ring about the found dog and was told she was younger than Sadies 18 yrs (I presume teeth would have been checked??)
But apparently Sadie is very puppy like for her age xx
- 2012-11-15 12:49 mathers22
- I am a bit unsure as to when I saw a similar dog but I seem to remember because I remarked to a friend about it and she'd noticed it too (there was no photograph at that time but one came on later) but I think she did say that someone had been to see this dog and it wasn't Ben. Trouble is I can't remember how long ago it was (the age thing)! I am sure if it was you who went to look at this dog you'd know and have matched with Daisy. I too get upset when the old ones go missing, well actually I get upset when any go missing, but the oldies are more worrying. Hope they do find Sadie xxLast edited: 2012-11-15 12:49:58 by mathers22
- 2012-11-14 22:59 wirral groomer
- Where did you see the found one , I live on Wirral but not seen anything about a found dog , I really hope sadie is found , have every inch of the woods been searched , its unbelievable that these old timers go missing without a trace of them being seen by anyone :-( has there been any sightings at all ? I know the dibbens woods has quiet a lot of steep drops have all these been checked in case she has fallen :-( ,
- 2012-11-14 10:27 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Thanks Sue x I'll let owners know.
- 2012-11-14 09:20 mathers22
- I could be wrong but I am sure there has been a dog very similar (if not the same) found in the same area because at first it was thought it could be Ben (because the sex wasn't mentioned) who has never been found and was very old !! Could be completely wrong of course xx
- 2012-11-14 08:00 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine. Good luck, I hope it brings some news
- 2012-10-27 13:38 AnnieSparky
- Have been sharing Sadies poster, hope shes found soon x
- 2012-10-25 19:04 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Try and get posters to all your local vets incase somebody finds her and takes her in to them x
- 2012-10-24 16:08 Emma
- Thank you for all your posts about this foud dog (ID44202) I have contacted them as I really thought it was Sadie but this dog is described as 'well fed' and neither blind or deaf so unfortunately the search continues : ( I really wish it had been her! Thank you for your continued support
- 2012-10-24 06:40 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- I wouldnt say they look majorly exact, but sometimes can look diff on photos and owners would know better xx
- 2012-10-23 20:23 Shereen
- Hmmm scooby5575 ...pretty similar there!...driven through the Mersey tunnel maybe?......But Sadie supposedly microchipped and found listed says young adult but I do see grey on the muzzel area (on found)...
- 2012-10-23 17:13 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in CH61-66.
- 2012-10-23 17:04 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Have a look at found dog ID 44202 (on doglost) dont think it is Sadie but photos are not always reliable so best to rule out xx
- 2012-10-23 16:01
- Sorry to see that SADIE is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.