Reunited: Black/tan Cross Breed Male
- Dog ID 44174
- Status Reunited
- Registered 20 Oct 2012
- Name JAY
- Breed Cross Breed
- Gender Male
- Age Adult
- Build Large
- Colour black/tan
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Markings similar to a German Shepherd but with a lighter tan face, with a little white tip on his ta
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 04 Oct 2012
- Where Lost St. Buryan, Penzance, Cornwall
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area TR20
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 22 Dec 2012
- Other Info Jay spotted daily now in St Buryan area, South of Rectory Road - > toward Merry Maidens. Trap in place but please keep eye out. Last > sighting 12 December evening
- Phone 1 01707267757
- Phone 2 07974006903
- Reward? £100
- Listed By Mads
- Views 8844
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-12-23 19:15 Sarah W
- Wonderful News. The best Christmas Present Ever!
- 2012-12-23 12:56 Jackie
- Merry Merry Christmas to Mads and the family...Jay you lucky lad, Santa's sack will be bulging with things for you...stay safe now xxx
- 2012-12-22 21:29 Jayne - Head Office
- Great news well done Tiana....
- 2012-12-22 19:36 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Brill! :)))xx
- 2012-12-22 16:02 janiejewel1649
- Wonderful news. Wishing Jay, and his family a great Christmas; you never know Jay, you might be treated to a little turkey. Stay safe now ~Jay;-) :-) :-)xxx
- 2012-12-22 15:38 Shereen
- Love it! :)))))
- 2012-12-22 15:20 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- lovely picture of Jay - very happy to see his Mum xx
- 2012-12-22 13:51 lesleyjane
- What a great way to start the Christmas celebrations! Well done everyone, so many involved here it seems......stay safe now, Jay, your owner obviously loves you to bits! xxx
- 2012-12-22 11:22 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- What a fantastic result. Well done to all xx Welcome home Jay and stay very safe now xx
- 2012-12-22 10:42 millypod
- Well done Team Jay all your hard work paid off. Stay safe little one.xx
- 2012-12-22 00:15 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Delighted to move him over - will look forward to the photos in the morning xx
- 2012-12-21 23:06 Tiana
- Hi everyone,happy to report that Jay has just been reunited with Mads & family, who drove down to collect him. I will upload some photo's in the morning but pleased to say they're all very happy indeed. Please can admin move to REUNITED section.
Many thanks, TianaLast edited: 2012-12-22 01:01:54 by Tiana
- 2012-12-21 17:24 Claire Weston Turville
- ps will he be getting a microchip amongst other goodies for xmas? xx
- 2012-12-21 17:16 Claire Weston Turville
- MERRY MERRY MERRY XMAS Jay stay safe and enjoy more luxurious lodgings! xx
- 2012-12-21 07:01 Tobys Mum
- He is looking good considering his adventures. Thank you to all the farmers and local people who have been feeding him and 'allowing' him to raid the food bins xx
- 2012-12-21 01:11 Shereen
- What a relief for Mads to see up to date photos of her baby....cant breath!and cant wait for them to be reunited....talk about a precious cargo Tiana !!!!hes looking good!!!
- 2012-12-20 22:59 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Thanks Angus, 2 more photos showing Jay relaxed, fed and happy.
- 2012-12-20 21:45 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- I have just added the image of Jay safe & secure in his crate just after his Maccy'd dinner xx
A massive thanks to the wonderful farmers who helped bring this boy home in time for Christmas xx
- 2012-12-20 21:34 angi
- So pleased Jay is now safe and will be spending Christmas back with his family :) xx
- 2012-12-20 21:24 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Thank you so much Team Jay, none of you ever hesitated or lost faith in bringing Jay to safety. Looking forward to the reunited photo. Jay sounds relieved that his ordeal is now over, thanks for the lovely update.
- 2012-12-20 21:03 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx for wonderful update Tiana...and all your hard work
- 2012-12-20 20:40 Tiana
- Hi, just back home after collecting Jay this afternoon. Mads & admin already know (by private text notification) but to all those viewing this, Jay is safe, secure & although rather thin, appears uninjured. He didn't have a collar on him but now has. We transferred him from the trap to a cage in my car. The lovely farmers that trapped him for us, I cannot thank enough - they were delighted to have helped & I hope will enjoy the reward, especially it being Christmas soon.
No worries that Mads cannot come down until tomorrow afternoon, he's at home here with us in the warmth. I drove back via McD's so he could have a tiny bit of burger & chicken nuggets through the cage. This built up a trust, so he's less nervous of me now. He's an adorable boy & seems so happy to have been found - tail wagging constantly as proof :)
He's now settled at home safe with us, been walked in the garden to do his 'business',given a small dinner & has fresh water. He's so clingy & happy rolling around on the rug infront of me - reckon he'll sleep well tonight. I have sent a photo to the admin who may upload to site. Also I asked another volunteer to go on air with Radio Cornwall who spoke live to the presenter at 2:50pm to share the good news. We thought this would help with publicity for Doglost.co.uk & K9 Crusaders Rescue who kindly loaned us the trap. Hopefully there will also be an article in next weeks County Newspaper regarding the reunion - as this is a good news story & may help other dogs be found with more volunteers/helpers/donations for the future. Rgds Tiana
- 2012-12-20 20:12 jobadger
- Wonderful news - well done to all concerned. Bet you're all cwched up and warm with a full tum Jay - doesn't that feel wonderful??? Have a lovely Christmas all of you. xxx
- 2012-12-20 20:00 Mads
- Thank you :). Car wouldn't start and mechanic didn't turn up so, God willing, we will get it sorted out tomorrow. Just can't wait to see him now, there will be more than a few happy tears shed, I can tell you that much!!!!
- 2012-12-20 19:36 Jayne - Head Office
- Wow great news...
- 2012-12-20 19:25 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- WOOOHOOO - fantastic news! Absolutely over the moon to hear that Jay is safe and will (car-permitting) be back home tomorrow. What a fabulous Christmas present for his family! As Moogie says HUGE well done to the farmer, Tiana and Toni for making this happen.
So pleased for you Mads! x
- 2012-12-20 19:23 jenny4
- Such wonderful news for all concerned, he is a very lucky boy to have so many care for him ........Sorry to hear Mum and Dad have broken down , but only a few hours to go and they will be reunited forever.We would love to see a photo of them all together .Merry Christmas to all and a fantastic New Year xxx
- 2012-12-20 18:08 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Poor owners - car has broken down on way to collect - he is staying with Tiana tonight and owners will be collecting tomorrow
- 2012-12-20 17:05 Michelleand Jon
- Have been following him on facebook. Then got a text from Jane saying they had trapped him. Such fantastic news. What a christmas present. :D
- 2012-12-20 16:19 wensmum
- How wonderful!!
- 2012-12-20 15:24 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Amazing news and just in time for Christmas. Well done and thank you Toni and Tiana who have made this happen and to the farmer too! A reunion video would be amazing! So happy for you Maddy. Happy Christmas! X
- 2012-12-20 15:12 mathers22
- OMG can't believe it I've been checking daily for him too. Well done everyone that's what I call total dedication. WELCOME HOME JAY xxxxLast edited: 2012-12-20 15:12:36 by mathers22
- 2012-12-20 15:10 Spindle
- Text I received to say Jay was safe so so made my day. Welcome back, cant wait to see reunited photo. Well done all brilliant.
- 2012-12-20 14:15 Anne
- Such wonderful news. I have been watching Jay's page ever since he was lost. Such dedication from the helpers and I am sure it would not have been possible without them with Jay's mum so far away. Well done to all and a brilliant Christmas present.
- 2012-12-20 13:51 Mads
- Lost for words at the moment but thank you everyone, so much. I'll be leaving within the next hour. Excited is an understatement. Love to all xxxxxxxxxx
- 2012-12-20 13:48 toni
- I'm just so happy he will be home for christmas xxx
- 2012-12-20 13:37 Shereen
- IM SO PLEASED!!!....(Thanks for the txt Angus,was in traffic at the time... everyone must of thought I was nuts whenI saw that txt!!)
Well done to everyone involved...~You are BRILLIANT!
- 2012-12-20 13:30 AnnieSparky
- Fantastic news :)) Well done everyone.....such kindness and help shown by Team Jay especially as owner lives many miles away :)xx
- 2012-12-20 13:22 Nina
- Such good news that Jay has been caught. If doglost had an award for'outstanding effort' it should be awarded to the helpful team and of course the farmer.
- 2012-12-20 12:56 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- I am so pleased! Well done everyone involved.
- 2012-12-20 12:56 Tobys Mum
- Whooooooo fantastic news. Tiana I have been checking in here several times a day this week......give yourself and your wonderful team of helpers a huge pat on the back for all your efforts and hard work. I bet you are grinning from ear to ear today? Have a fabulous Christmas Mads with your lovely boy, home in the warm. We are going on holiday tomorrow and won't have any internet connection for 2 weeks so I have been willing him into that trap before we went and he has bless him. I look forward to hearing how he is getting on in due course. WELL DONE EVERYBODY xx
- 2012-12-20 12:49 4paws
- Well done!!! so so glad !!!
- 2012-12-20 12:44 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Brilliant news.......thank you to the helpful farmer.
- 2012-12-20 12:25 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- awesome news !! - will bump but leave until owners have collected to re-unite
- 2012-12-20 12:08 Tiana
- GREAT NEWS!!! We've got him!! Farmer next door set up another trap for us & has just rang to say Jay's safe inside. Mads has let Toni know. She's on way down later this afternoon to Cornwall to collect him. I'm meeting her after work to go get him. Will update later :)
- 2012-12-20 08:08 Zim
- You are doing such an amazing job with so many obstacles setting you back. Let us hope tonight is the night.
- 2012-12-19 19:17 Mads
- Thank you Tiana xxx
- 2012-12-19 18:37 Tiana
- No news overnight. The specialist has reset the trap as a spring wasn't working correctly & he felt the hay cover was affecting it. We now hope its just a matter of time when Jay will retry entry.
- 2012-12-18 14:19 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- That's great. Got everything crossed and hope your efforts pay off.
- 2012-12-18 11:27 Tiana
- Hi Moogie, the Dog Warden kindly rang his RSPCA contact for me. They have a trap at their NQ centre but their vans don't accomodate, so Dog Warden may collect for us in their van or I might pop up as it'll fit into my vehicle. Meanwhile a local wildlife specialist who traps foxes/badgers etc down here has kindly offered to help. He's meeting Toni this morning at site to check our original trap & see if he can 'tweak' plus he's bringing another large cage of his own that may help. Toni has been amazing as I'm not free today to meet him.
- 2012-12-17 21:14 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Tiana I spoke to the dog warden and RSPCA and was told the dog warden don't have a trap and the RSPCA don't have large traps as they don't fit in their vans. What have they said?
- 2012-12-17 20:41 Mads
- That is such good news xxxx
- 2012-12-17 13:32 Tiana
- In liaison with local Dog Warden & RSPCA who are hoping to provide an alternative trap. Existing one is allowing Jay to go in & feed but it's not closing behind him. On the plus point he's using it regularly so once we get it fixed/replaced, hopeful we'll get him.
- 2012-12-17 10:33 Mads
- Thank you Toni and Tiana xxxxxxxx
- 2012-12-16 21:26 toni
- been down today had another good look around but didn't see him, have reset and restocked the trap so now hope and pray he gets in it.Last edited: 2012-12-16 21:27:17 by toni
- 2012-12-16 18:30 Tiana
- Toni kindly offered to go replenish trap with more treats today. Also put back in touch with local K9Crusaders Rescue to get further advice on other options to catch him, now we know his routine.
- 2012-12-16 14:04 mathers22
- Keep coming on for news of Jay hope he's caught soon xx
- 2012-12-16 13:45 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Come on Jay. Be good and go ion the trap
- 2012-12-14 22:43 Tobys Mum
- Waiting on tenderhooks here.....come on lovely boy. What a fabulous job you are all doing :-) xx
- 2012-12-14 19:20 Tiana
- Just back from putting more smelly treats in back of trap. Plus put owners towel which was posted to us inside as well. We used vacuum bits nearby to scent trail. Also in his sleeping area. He's now spotted daily running between fields & has played with another dog, but ran off when chap approached. Sorry don't have more time to get down but I've had new article run in this weeks Cornishman Newspaper to say he's still with us and we need people to look out in St Buryan. Fingers crossed any day now we'll have him ....
- 2012-12-14 01:01 bazil
- Come on Jay, take the bait, its time to come home, stay safe x
- 2012-12-13 19:42 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Come on Jay boy - lovely smelly food - all for you! x
- 2012-12-13 18:40 Spindle
- Sorry, meant "him" in.
- 2012-12-13 18:18 Spindle
- Nice big piece of hot garlic chicken from deli counter in a supermarket, may entice her in.
- 2012-12-13 18:17 carole
- Come on Jay the rain is coming back tonight. Your Mum must be longing to get you back home in the warm.
- 2012-12-13 17:40 Claire Weston Turville
- And make it an early Christmas present for your Mum! You know it makes sense to get in the trap and get home out of the cold and rain!
- 2012-12-13 17:34 Zim
- Tonight please Jay
- 2012-12-13 17:01 mathers22
- Come on Jay keep looking in anticipation. Success tonight hopefully fingers crossed xx
- 2012-12-13 14:22 Tiana
- Jay has been sighted sniffing around the trap we set on Mon & Tues night. The trap door was checked yesterday morning (Weds) & wasn't springing shut, so reset up properly by couple who live nearby & are helping to ensure next attempt it'll work. Jay spent last night however at nearby property,who is also setting up a trap later today. Both areas now covered, we know Jay isn't scared of the trap so we still have to wait & see. Will take owners towels that are scented & have been posted down to place in main trap tomorrow afternoon. It's looking promising....
- 2012-12-13 10:18 toni
- Hoover contents arrived this morning thank you Mads,we will try to get over there asap to scent both trap areas if possible.
- 2012-12-13 08:57 Tiana
- Liased with Mads - new sighting are neighbours of where our trap is set. We knew he alternated between same so be great if second trap in place. Come on Jay we're waiting !!
- 2012-12-12 21:29 Mads
- Yes, agreed, so grateful to you both for everything. I sent the hoover contents and towel 2 days ago so it should have been there yesterday. Perhaps Christmas post is already slowing things. I have spoken to a resident of St. Buryan this evening and he is also setting a trap as Jay has been back in his garden after a period of absence. A waiting game now xxx
- 2012-12-12 16:17 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Thanks Tiana for confirming, we are so gratefull that you and Toni are prepared to trave back and forth like this. After being out for 2 months I am sure a few more days will not cause Jay any harm
- 2012-12-12 11:03 Tiana
- Hi "poochpal", unfortunately its a 40mile round trip to site & I'm at work (Toni too) since we both set up the trap on Monday ('dusk' time).
They have my mobile should there be any activity. It was 'his' poo, size fits & their dogs are of different size - sleeping site away from their normal 'run' perimeter.
Also Toni is awaiting the courier delivery, we'll both go back over at end of the week when next free to rescatter. RgdsLast edited: 2012-12-12 11:07:07 by Tiana
- 2012-12-12 09:45 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Have the hooverbag contents been sent? can they be soaked in water and the scented water be sprinkled in and around the trap? How close to his sleeping place was the poo? if it was from one of the farm dogs this may put him off going in so may be best to remove that.
- 2012-12-11 21:55 Mads
- No, Jay was not crate trained but he was very ill as a pup and spent a week caged at the vets on fluid therapy etc. Other than that he has had no experience of any cages at all. xxx
- 2012-12-11 20:44 Tiana
- Mads, has he had a negative experience thus far? pls update website. Thanks.
Zim - we've camouflaged the trap/cage/floor of same with grass/hay - including some with his own "poo" on from sleeping area that we found nearby. Can only wait & see at the moment. The original food store is nearby in a bin that he may again knock over to retrieve should other option not work out. This is what he's done previously. Also we now know other 2 sites that he's been hiding since lost should he go 'dark' again. Shame we can't acquire a further 2 traps just in case for each location.
Thanks for your continued advice.
- 2012-12-11 20:05 Zim
- If his fear of a cage is bad from previous experience then he may not go through that fear in order to get the food. With the other food supply removed he could then move on, just a thought.
- 2012-12-11 20:03 Zim
- Hi Tiana, could you or someone ask the owners if Jay was crated when a pup, I'm wondering if he would be happy about entering a 'cage' or if he has ever had a negative experience with one.
- 2012-12-11 19:27 Tiana
- Hi Zim, yes spoke to SW coordinator beforehand. Toni or I can fit trap in either of our cars so will release at own homes securely. Sent private message to owner requesting they consider coming down by weekend if not trapped by then. Suggest next step they camp on-site near Jays sleeping area so he'll get their scent. Will keep you posted
- 2012-12-11 18:20 Zim
- Tiana, have you had all the info on setting the trap and not letting him out until in a secure area etc.?
- 2012-12-10 21:25 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Such fab news - I can't tell you how many bits I have crossed for Jay. Well done Tiana and the rest of Team Jay - you're brill! xx
Jay.....over to you now sunshine - we're waiting!
- 2012-12-10 20:37 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- So pleased he's still been spotted. Good luck with the trap. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Got everything crossed.
- 2012-12-10 19:29 Mads
- Tiana, Toni, Gina and all who have helped to coordinate and given advice, thank you :) xxxxx
- 2012-12-10 18:22 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Fingers are crossed for you all, I will be watching constantly for any update. Don't be dissheartened if he doesn't go in first time but i don't think it will take him long if the current food source is kept to a minimum or secured.
- 2012-12-10 18:08 Tiana
- Well we've found where Jay has been sleeping in range of out buildings this afternoon and lovely residents nearby showed us dog food bin in carport that Jays been raiding each evening. We've set dog trap now in its place with food at back. Just hope Jay takes bait. They will call us if successful. Last edited: 2012-12-10 18:10:51 by Tiana
- 2012-12-10 13:22 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- It seems like things are moving forward with the plan, all we need is for Jay to understand his part in this!!!. I have been in contact with all the helpers concerned in the local area and also left a message for the owner. Fingers crossed please.
- 2012-12-10 10:18 jobadger
- Come on Jay - let's have you home soon - fingers and paws crossed for all of you. xxx
- 2012-12-09 22:55 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- What a great team, Moogie and Zim both have the advice for using the trap, we are all willing Jay to give himself up. Fingers crossed for you all.
- 2012-12-09 20:06 jenny4
- I cant make it tomorrow afternoon as dont finish work very early , but please let me know if I can help any other time.
the cage will need to be partially hidden with some extra strong smelling foods to make him notice.have you telephoned the dog warden , he maybe able to advise you in regards the trap.
- 2012-12-09 17:56 Spindle
- Texted owner with offer of advice if they want it.Last edited: 2012-12-09 17:57:31 by Spindle
- 2012-12-09 13:25 Tiana
- Admin - please bump (as you say) to re-engage local volunteers. I've been on the ground past few days & spoke with Owner, as I plotted his movements since he was lost. Am pleased to report that Jay has been stealing food from the same location in St.Buryan & been spotted several times since last notification on 22Nov. Today is Sunday 9 December & he last took food on Thursday 7th December. We believe we've shortlisted where he may be, so I've emailed updated personal poster with photos to those I've spoke to, they will contact when they next see him. Now looking for others volunteers who can help 'trap' him? We have a cage, but if anyone has expertise please advise. Will be in St Buryan tomorrow afternoon if any one wants to help?
- 2012-12-08 13:10 Mads
- Thanks for phoning Tiana, it was lovely to put a voice to the name. I will e-mail the info over now x
No fresh sightings, unfortunately.
- 2012-12-07 16:17 Tiana
- Spent afternoon looking for Jay to no avail. Raised awareness in St Buryan again. Pub, local spa shop & staff all keeping eyes out. Posters up in prominent positions. Getting dark now so will try again hopefully on Sunday.
- 2012-12-06 22:29 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Just popping in from up North to wish all you locals the very best of luck tomorrow. Everything crossed for positive news....good luck Team Jay! :)xx
- 2012-12-06 19:57 Tiana
- Hi Mads, plan in place for tomorrow afternoon with other volunteers. Let's be positive it'll be a good day.
- 2012-12-05 16:58 Mads
- I know I've said it before but I can't thank all the volunteers enough for all the time and effort put in to trying to bring my boy home. It's been 2 months and, if it hadn't been for all your support, I would have completely lost hope by now. I'm praying that we will have him home before Christmas but no sightings for 2 weeks is worrying. I'll have the car full of petrol ready to come straight down if, God willing, you manage to catch him xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- 2012-12-05 13:07 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- info now passed to Tiana - good luck for the weekend x
- 2012-12-05 10:12 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- I have not yet had a reply to my message from owners - if I can get these details then I will be in touch Tiana
- 2012-12-04 20:40 Tiana
- Thanks Angus. Anyone else free Friday 7th afternoon? To meet Nr last sighting & try to bring this boy home? If so pls don't publish details online but let Angus know to register interest. Thanks in advance.
Last edited: 2012-12-04 20:42:03 by Tiana
- 2012-12-04 16:44 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- ESSJ has asked me to try and get some details for Tiana & Toni so that they can do some ground work this week - will report back if I can ge tthe info needed
- 2012-12-04 12:15 toni
- Hi Tiana, yes it's a big cage with the trap door,yes going down there sounds good to me what time was you thinking about going down there? I have to be back for 3pm to pick up the kids from school, also I'm away to London this weekend from about 7pm on Fri. Did Jane give you my number? you can phone anytime as i work from home. Rgds Toni
- 2012-12-03 20:34 Tiana
- Hi Toni. By trap do you mean cage? If you''re free Friday fancy scouting out last known area to see if we can tease Jay out? I'll contact Maddy to get details closer to day. RgdsLast edited: 2012-12-03 20:35:23 by Tiana
- 2012-12-02 19:51 toni
- Hi Tiana, I got the dog trap from k9 crusaders on Friday but two is better than none, I'm in Redruth and can help if needed, we just need Jay to show up again so we know where to put the the dog traps.
- 2012-12-02 17:05 Tiana
- Hi Maddy, will keep an eye on website for further updates. Keep positive, he sounds like a tough lad. Rgds
- 2012-12-02 13:02 Mads
- Hi Tiana, thank you so much for the offer of accommodation. Jay was last seen in the Lamorna area, not far from the Merry Maidens but that was 11 days ago and I have had no reported sightings since then. The majority of the local people of Lamorna and St. Buryan are aware of the situation so I am certain they would let me know if he had been seen. He has remained in that area since he went missing 2 months ago.
I update immediately with any sightings so please do check back whenever possible.
Thank you again.
- 2012-12-02 09:58 Tiana
- Hi.only just spotted this thread whilst investigating other lost dog in redruth. I am local and volunteer for canine crusaders plus others in Cornwall. Toni I have a cage if you need? Can we have more clear details I.e. current location, to develop joint plan? Not on Facebook so pls update here. Admin - pls send notification to Tr15 and Tr14 helpers (they like me may not have known about this and it's nearby)
Mads ? pls contact me. Can provide temporary accommodation for 4 of you. Just get in car no tents req'd.Last edited: 2012-12-02 10:32:28 by Tiana
- 2012-11-30 10:32 toni
- I'v been in touch with K9 crusaders and they have a dog trap, i'm picking it up this afternoon. so need to know where and when you want it. x
- 2012-11-28 22:02 Mads
- Thank you Toni and Skippy xxx (Thanks again Moogie, I know we've spoken on FB)
- 2012-11-26 22:57 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Well done Moogie - fingers crossed the RSPCA can help!
Hoping too that Jay has found himself a dry spot out of the worst of the weather!x
- 2012-11-26 15:10 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Thanks Toni, good to know there are eyes still looking out. There is a facebook group with support for Jay. Here's the link if anyone's interested....
- 2012-11-26 12:57 toni
- Drove all around Loamorna and StBuryan this morning but didn't see him will go back as soon as i can.Hope you get the dog trap soon. xLast edited: 2012-11-26 13:03:59 by toni
- 2012-11-26 12:17 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Contacted dog warden who doesn't have a trap but he gave me a contact in the RSPCA who does have a trap and is apparently very good at this sort of dilemma. I'm waiting to hear back from him. Last edited: 2012-11-26 15:09:26 by Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- 2012-11-23 16:14 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Sounding promising Mads. All crossed he stays put for a bit! x
- 2012-11-23 15:20 Mads
- Thank you Wensmum and Shereen xxx
- 2012-11-23 13:37 wensmum
- Dog wardens might be able to help with a trap? Let me know if you need trailer tent. Good luck
- 2012-11-23 09:42 Shereen
- Thats good news Mads...just a thought,would this man who has been seeing him accept some of your hoover dust in the post...this way he can scent his garden where he could put food down...(he would need to mix it in a bucket of water then scent so it doesnt blow away) ...it will help keep him in the area...
- 2012-11-22 22:24 Mads
- Jay has been seen again in the Lamorna area (not far from the Merry Maidens), this was yesterday at dusk. The gentleman I spoke to is leaving food out and is asking around to see if anyone has a dog trap since he has seen him a few times (even in his garden).
- 2012-11-22 21:05 Shereen
- Bumped due to sighting.....
- 2012-11-21 23:36 Mads
- Jay was seen running in the road today between St. Buryan and Lamorna (thanks for the call Sally xxx).
- 2012-11-18 19:57 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Oh Mads - I am so pleased to hear you have another sighting. Hopefully this gent can tempt him to stay in one place long enough for you to get to him.
Come on Jay - enough is definitely enough - your family need you back.x
- 2012-11-18 18:19 Mads
- Jay has been spotted this evening at about 5pm in the Lamorna area. The gentleman I spoke to thinks he has found the little clearing in a corn field where Jay is hiding out during the day. He wants to put food near the area and try to ascertain whether this is his regular place and, if so, it would be worth a trip down again. Apparently Jay had been injured on a bird table base but seems fine now and is still looking well. Very relieved to get this news after 14 days of silence. Thanks everyone xxx
- 2012-11-16 20:08 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Great - Mads one last thought - ask the feed merchant if he will display Jays poster in the delivery lorries - might get seen out and about more then.
Hoping for more news of Jay soon.x
- 2012-11-15 23:19 Mads
- Thank you Skippy and Zim, will try to contact them at the weekend x
- 2012-11-15 23:12 Zim
- Hi, I'll check Mads has read this recent post as it is very useful. I have just shared Jays page on a friend of my sons facebook page, like my son he organises music events etc at Jericho farm which is between Newbridge and St Just, he has over 1,700 friends linked and some must live in that area.
- 2012-11-14 00:35 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Keep checking in on Jay and thinking of different ways of reaching the local community and make sure everyone knows to look out for him. I'm thinking about the farming community at the moment and have had the following thoughts - apologies - I haven't got much to do anything with these thoughts until the weekend, so if someone else gets there before me and either email or post them a poster - so much the better.
Young farmers club - I found a link for the young farmers clubs in Cornwall - there is one that meets in St Buryan every Wednesday - they may help to publicise (no harm asking) http://www.cornwallyfc.co.uk/3.html - name and phone number on the link - so probably needs a phone call in the first instance.
Feed merchants - Yell.com has one in Penzance Fawkes Country Store .
Penzance , TR20 8LD Tel: 01736 719170.
Equestrian supplies - Llawnroc Horse & Country
The Barn, Penzance, Cornwall TR19 7JW
Will keep thinking - hoping for good news for you soon Mads. x
- 2012-11-08 20:18 Mads
- Thanks Skippy.
- 2012-11-06 19:40 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Great news you have another recent sighting Mads. Hopefully if he finds a quiet spot to get food he will become a 'regular'. Have you asked all of the people you have been speaking to to mention it to as many of their friends and neighbours as possible - I'm sure you have - just checking!
Come on Jay - be brave - you could be home safe and warm in no time! :)x
- 2012-11-06 15:46 Mads
- Thank you everyone. Yes, confirmed sighting on Sunday morning (4/11/12) near Boskenna Home Farm but not been back since. The people who saw him are leaving food out for him x
- 2012-11-04 22:21 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Bumping again due to more recent sightings, come on Jay, give yourself up now the weather is not so good.
- 2012-11-04 16:35 wensmum
- Brillinat. Am checking Jay's site several times a day so if you need trailer tent, say on here and I'll ring you - it is cold but better than a tent! So hope you get the info you need.
- 2012-11-04 11:22 Mads
- A possible recent sighting in Boskenna (nr, St. Buryan). Will update when I can get hold of the lady who left the message. Apparently, she thinks Jay has been raiding her bird table. A relief to hear he's still okay after a week with no news at all :).
- 2012-11-03 23:38 Mads
- Thank you Wensmum, hopefully I will be able to take you up on the offer (my partner has a tow bar) when I get some regular sightings again, just hoping to hear something soon xxx
- 2012-11-03 07:00 wensmum
- West Penwith Ramblers are also looking - hope you get a sighting soon Mads. I can lend you a trailer tent to camp in if you can tow it (J4, M5) Sleeps 4 at a push
- 2012-11-02 22:00 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Sorry to hear Jay seems to be being a little shy Mads....this does happen with lost dogs so try not to worry too much...just a case of trying to work out where he is lurking now.
I have emailed his poster to all the local schools (except St Levan Primary - couldn't get an email for them, so will pop one in the post in the morning). The head of St Buryan Primary school has already come back to say that they will display his poster in the school...so there will be lots of extra pairs of eyes looking out for Jay when the kids are all back in school next week.
We will keep spreading the word, and hopefully you will get more news of him soon.xLast edited: 2012-11-02 22:02:46 by skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- 2012-11-01 20:24 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- If Jay is still missing please can a co-ordinator put on the CMW list
- 2012-11-01 19:36 Mads
- No, unfortunately, no sightings for a week now.
- 2012-10-29 23:38 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Checking in to find out how things are going with Jay - has he been coming back for his feeds?
- 2012-10-26 17:05 Mads
- Thank you Sarah R x
- 2012-10-26 15:17 SarahR
- I have been driving around the area on am and pm school runs. Haven't spotted him but if he is in the gentlemans garden at 3.40 that would explain why! Hope he is still visiting the garden when you get there. fingers crossed for you x
- 2012-10-26 12:13 Mads
- Thanks Skippy. Yes, received scenting instructions and will definitely give that a go when I go back down, anything is worth a try! The gentleman who spotted him the night before last has agreed to continue feeding him every evening (Jay runs away if he tries to approach) until I can get there. He always turns up at 3:40 apparently, funny dog :). Looking very hopeful xxx
- 2012-10-25 22:51 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Great that you're getting such frequent sightings Mads...and such a fabulous response from local helpers and residents! I hope the gentleman who has given the latest information about the sightings is able to keep putting food down for Jay and gain his trust. The dog trap in the garden sounds like a good plan if possible.
Are you able to send any items of clothing or bedding that smell of you, (or family or Jay) to any local helpers. These could be used to help encourage him to feel safer and stay close by.
If you are planning to try and visit the area again soon, have admin sent through 'scenting' instructions yet? If not, we should make sure you get a copy of these.
It all sounds so positive - have everything crossed you get good news soon.x
- 2012-10-25 21:37 Jam
- I really do hope you find him, if you need any help when you are down, please contact me, we drove the whole area tonight, down to Lamorna, Creen, St Buryan, just in case, but sorry not a thing, will try again tomorrow.
- 2012-10-25 21:04 Mads
- Thanks for your kind offer Jam. I am trying to sort out coming down early next week. I am considering camping as I'll have my youngest 2 children and probably ex-partner with me. One of the problems is that Jay won't come to anyone so if I can be sure he's returning to the same house to eat every evening I can sit and wait for him. Thanks again.
- 2012-10-25 19:05 Jam
- Hi, have been sent the link about Jay, from Penwith Bridleways, have tried to phone you but no answer, I live at Lower Leah, so me and my husband are going out around our fields tonight to have a look, I have a spare room also if you would like to come and stay here, you are more than welcome,I lost one of my dogs last year for only 24 hours and was frantic so know how you are feeling, I hope it all ends well and I will inform all my friends and family to keep looking for him, good luck.
- 2012-10-25 17:27 Mads
- Thank you janeyb, it's awful isn't it? My greatest fear is that he will be involved in a RTA since he has no road sense whatsoever, I try not to dwell on that though. Thank you so much and let's hope we both have good news and happy tail-wagging reunions very soon x
- 2012-10-25 16:15 janeyb
- Hi Mads my son works in St Buryan so he is asking the local farmers if they have seen Jay. We also have our dog missing near Penzance so know how you must be feeling. Looks like there are a lot of sightings of Jay. I will go for a walk in the area this weekend. Good luck!!
- 2012-10-25 15:47 Mads
- Thanks Jenny, great idea. I'll see if the gentleman who saw him last night would be willing to have a dog trap in his garden! Will let you know, of course.
- 2012-10-25 13:30 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Anyone have a spare room mads could have for a week if she comes down to look for jay?
- 2012-10-25 13:23 dillondog
- Jenny4 - that's great! If not, I'm sure I can help with transporting it.
- 2012-10-25 13:21 jenny4
- Get hold of the local dog warden he will have a trap...........I am sure he will deliver one.
- 2012-10-25 12:40 dillondog
- Please keep this page updated - I don't do Facebook.
Mads - where in St Buryan? Is Jay going into a front garden or back garden - any chance of a gate being closed behind him? Just tried to call you on your landline, but no answer or message facility.
- 2012-10-25 12:32 Mads
- Jay was seen last night 24/10/12 in St. Buryan. The man who left a message for me said he had been near his house for at least the last 3 consecutive nights as dog food has been eaten. I wish it was financially and practically feasible for me to just hop in the car and drive the 329 miles to where he is this week again, sadly it isn't.
I will call the gentleman back to try and find out exactly where he is located. he did sound as if he would be willing to help.
- 2012-10-25 12:10 Michelleand Jon
- From facebook comments, Jay has been sighted again.
I have asked owners to update this doglost page.
- 2012-10-25 08:38 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- I have emailed plotting instructions to Mads to be forwarded to helpers in the area. Please can you mark on a map when and where Jay has been sighted so you may be able to predict where he will be resting, maybe in a barn or outbuilding.
- 2012-10-24 20:07 dillondog
- Admin - please can you bump to top as there have been more sightings, thank you.
- 2012-10-24 20:06 dillondog
- Great he's been sighted again! I can and will poster but probably can't get over that way until Friday/ over the weekend. Jay is clearly fending well for himself, but is also covering quite a wide area which will make him harder to catch.
Skippy - your post makes sense re coming up from the Lamorna Valley to Penmennor Farm, but again, he's travelling in quite a large area!
Mads - do you have anyone you can call locally if you are phoned with a sighting?
- 2012-10-24 13:30 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Anyone else able to do some more postering where there's been the latest sightings?
- 2012-10-24 13:30 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Just returned from postering the area and 4 of the people I spoke to had seen him over the last few days and yes one of them was at Crows-an-wra. the lady said he did look in very good condition. Postered and flyered Drift, St Buryan, St Leven, Treen and Porthcurnow. I left a small wad of flyers in St Buryan petrol station at the cash till.
- 2012-10-24 12:18 Mads
- PS. Meant to add that Jay was seen last night at approx 11:45pm on the A30 in a small area called Leah. It's between Catchall and Crows-an-wra. He was reported as looking in good health.
- 2012-10-24 12:16 Mads
- Hi Skippy, thanks. That does make sense to me. The St. Buryan Inn (incidentally, the staff know we've lost Jay) certainly does serve food. Boleigh Farm was right next to the little cottage I was very kindly lent for 2 days last week so we could search for him and appeared to be fairly quiet. Not sure about the caravan park. The only businesses with posters are the Londis in St. Buryan, the Cost Cutter in Sennen and the Post Office in St. Buryan. Thanks again x
Thank you Wensmum.
- 2012-10-24 07:05 wensmum
- Have asked West Penwith Bridleway assoc and WP Ramblers if they can poster their members - I don't know if they can, but hope so.
- 2012-10-23 20:03 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- I hope I'm not way off base with this (I'm certainly no expert), but I've been looking at the map and wondering. There appears to be a wooded area running up from the Lamorna Valley towards St Buryan (probably following the line of the brook). This runs up as far as the road at Penmennor Farm. There also appears to be a branch of the woods that run towards the southern side of St Buryan and could land him up near Rectory Road. Wondering if he might be using these wooded areas for shelter, water and to move around? I think if he followed the on branch of the watercourse from Lamorna further up, he could come out near Drift too.
Also thinking about the 8-10pm sightings timeframe. I guess could tie in with tea-time. Does the St Buryan Inn serve food, is he being drawn be the smells from the kitchen?
I noticed that there are campsites in St Buryan (Tower Park) and Lamorna (Boleigh Farm). I don't know whether these are still open or busy, but could Jay be drawn towards cooking at these? Also noticed on the map there appear to be a fisheries at Choone Farm. I understand that sometimes lost dogs will pick up sandwich scraps etc left by fisherman, so wondered if it was worth postering there.
Wish I was closer to help on the ground - happy to send posters to local businesses for them to display. Have any of the local businesses got posters already Mads?
- 2012-10-23 13:26 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- You are all doing a great job here, I have bumped the page due to sightings.
- 2012-10-22 21:57 Mads
- Thanks so much Sarah, can't really thank you enough.
- 2012-10-22 21:08 SarahR
- It was approx 9.30am. He was coming out the end of the drive to Penmennor. Have been the same road 4 times today and haven't seen anything. Will keep going that way until he is found.
- 2012-10-22 19:26 Mads
- Thank you Dillondog, the last few sightings appear to have been at night between 8 and 10pm. These were in Rectory Road St. Buryan (this was the only daytime sighting listed here apart from possibly Sarah's), Lamorna Valley, between St. Buryan and Sennen (on a dairy farm), near Raftra Farm less than a mile from Porthcurno, Lamorna (Sarah's sighting, ? daytime), Drift and the outskirts of St. Buryan again (this was last night, the most recent sighting) respectively.
- 2012-10-22 19:15 dillondog
- I'll try and get over that way this week.....sounds like we need posters up.
Admin - would it be possible to combine both images for the poster? Think it would give a clearer idea of what Jay looks like as current poster image (top pic) is not that clear. Also, re the phone number, can it be edited to read 01707 267757? Not everyone realises it's a landline with the 44 in front...
Mads - do you have times of day of the possible sightings? Would help get a picture of his movements. So hope this is him!
- 2012-10-22 18:53 Mads
- Thank you Sarah. That's really frustrating as I was staying at Rosemerryn last week from Tuesday night to Thursday evening, specifically down there looking for him, so he's yards away from where we were.
- 2012-10-22 14:29 SarahR
- I think I say Jay on the road between Lamorna Pottery and St.Buryan on Sat (20th). Unfornutally I had a trailer on the back of vehicle so by the time I stopped and went back he had disappeared. Will drive the road daily and keep a look out.
- 2012-10-21 23:06 Mads
- Such an overwhelming response, thanks so much to everyone. We already had an article in the Cornishman last week and I received many phone calls. I just got back from the area myself on Thursday (18th) as we went down again to search, unfortunately to no avail. The last sighting was on Thursday evening near St. Buryan where the majority of sightings have been. If he is following a triangle it seems to be from Porthcurno to St. Buryan and as far as Lamorna. There has also been one sighting closer to Sennen and one as far East as Buryas Bridge. Thank you again for all your suggestions x
- 2012-10-21 21:45 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Thank you all for help, I am bumping Jay due to the article and will alert the owners to all the help and suggestions.
- 2012-10-21 21:38 jenny4
- Is it possible for the owners to get a piece in the Cornishman asap.?Most people read it down here and I am sure it will help
- 2012-10-21 17:09 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Well done Moogie and Indie's mam - you've been busy! I have just found the following report for Jay on 'This is Cornwall' from 11th October, but does give a little more information.
Mads - have you got a record of any sightings of Jay. If you have you should plot them on a map. Dogs that are lost will often follow a triangle with one point of the triangle often being the place they were lost from. By plotting the sightings on a map you can begin to map where he has been and often identify a way to get ahead of him.
If you can login and give us an update of what has been done to try and locate him so far it will help local helpers understand how best to help.
- 2012-10-21 14:20 Indie's mam
- No sightings unfortunately. we drove through St Buryan on the way to Lands End, and on the way back drove from portcurno (?!) along to St Buryan. I didnt see any posters along the way either :-(
- 2012-10-21 13:39 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Bulk email with info and links sent to over 3000 Network Cornwall members
- 2012-10-21 13:30 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- I've tried to fill in radio cornwall info but I dont know all the details. Please follow the link and fill in and try to get it read out regulary on the radio. I have added him to pirate fm but its still worth a call to get it read out regulary on air.
Pirate FM Studio: 01209 313900 Text: 07807 225 102
- 2012-10-21 12:48 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Trying to share on as many facebook groups as possible especially in Penzance, St Buryan area. Just one thing, the contact numbers are a little confusing. If you dial these numbers would you get straight through to owners? Are there lots of posters up? Are there helpers in this area?
- 2012-10-20 21:03 Indie's mam
- Hope Jay is found safe and well soon. We are going to Lands End tomorrow (from Helston) so will definitely keep our eyes open. Where abouts was he spotted in St. Buryan? i dont know the area at all but could have a drive around while were over in that direction.
- 2012-10-20 20:07 Zim
- Hi, I am in Cornwall with loads of contacts will spread the word.
- 2012-10-20 13:38 Andi
- Have shared the details on Facebook with a friend who lives in Cornwall and asked them to repost - hope your boy is soon found xx
- 2012-10-20 13:35 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Really pleased to see this boy is now on doglost. Owners - I hope you don't mind - I have copied some of your details from your post on the National Pet Register to try and explain your situation to local helpers:
"Lost from Sancreed area on 4th October 2012. Last spotted heading towards Penzance town on the A30 from St. Buryan.
He is very friendly but when last seen described as panicked.
The owner of the cottage we were holidaying in let him out while we were out and we are desperate for his safe return. Can you help catch him and keep him safe until we can get there to collect him (we are now over 300 miles away from where he was lost)?"
I too am over 300 miles away, but have everything crossed that with some local help you will get your boy home soon.x
- 2012-10-20 12:20 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in TR17,18,19,20,26.