Reunited: Black And White Spaniel Cocker Female
- Dog ID 43985
- Status Reunited
- Registered 14 Oct 2012
- Name BEE
- Breed Spaniel Cocker
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Black and White
- Tail Half
- Marks & Scars Slight scar above eye (hidden in fur) White chest.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 14 Oct 2012
- Where Lost Cannock Chase, Staffordshire.
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area WS15
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 17 Oct 2012
- Other Info Bee was lost on Cannock Chase. She was spooked and ran off. She is very nervous and has submissive pee issue. Bee is 3 years old. PLEASE help us find her. Please do not chase her but phone us with any sightings and maybe try to keep her with you. She will come to you if you talk softly and crouch down. Thank you.
- Phone 1 07896 739632
- Phone 2 07851 701138
- Reward? YES
- Listed By Lisaj
- Views 3102
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-10-18 19:45 Puddies
- So Glad bee is home, could someone clarify collar situation, My mum's cocker goes flushing into under growth etc, we keep a collar on him as we were advised by law dogs should have collar/tag on when in a public place. Thankfully he has never gotton injured or stuck but I wonder if this law is still applicable if a dog is microchipped?Last edited: 2012-10-18 19:46:29 by Puddies
- 2012-10-18 08:40 PIGGY
- So so pleased
What a clever girl Bee is
- 2012-10-17 23:24 Birma04
- So pleased your girl is safe and home ( and chipped ;-). ) I have a springer girl myself and have been keeping everything crossed for you. X
- 2012-10-17 22:17 Maty
- So pleased you have your beautiful girl back where she belongs and well done on getting her chipped so promptly. Please don't be guilted in to getting your dogs a collar, a friend has springers and they would injure themselves or get trapped if they had collars on. He uses slip leads when needed.
- 2012-10-17 20:18 Sheila
- Thrilled to know Bee is back safe and sound! Had shared this on by FB page, as live locally and been checking your page regularly ever since. Fantastic news xx
- 2012-10-17 20:15 SpringerMadVicki
- Lisa, that is just fantastic news.. clever Bee. I'm so pleased that she is safe and back with you.
- 2012-10-17 19:18 Jayne - Head Office
- Great news...tx for ticking accept poster box so we can email you other missing dogs in your area.
- 2012-10-17 19:16 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Lisa I'm so pleased she's alright. Your email earlier had me a bit worried when you said you'd found her and she HAD been making her way home....I thought something had happened to her so thanks for updating. Big hugs to beautiful Bee XX
- 2012-10-17 19:12 Lisaj
- It's TRUE! My BEE BEE had nearly found her way home - some 5 and ahlaf miles across the chase to an old peoples home just around the corner from my house. I had been on the chase today and all but given up any hope of finding her. As I drove home my friend who had reposted Bee's picture on FACEBOOK had spotted a black dog matching description and rang me to say she was there. I didn't get my hopes up but when I saw her climbed a security fence and found her. She was as noisey as me to see me. I would like to thank every single person that has helped me over the last few days. It has been moving that my friends/family and even total strangers have pulled out all the stops to find my Bee and I will be eternally grateful. It just goes to show that there are some very thoughtful people in this world. Bee was chipped tonight (as if she hadn't been through enough) and we are going collar buying at the weekend with them - but in the meantime, she will rest and eat little bits until she is confident and stronger. She looks brilliant considering her ordeal - but she is very stressed. Thank you all - I really DO appreciate your help and support. xx
- 2012-10-17 18:34 AnnieSparky
- Thats brilliant news that beautiful Bee has been found.Am quite far away so had been emailing her poster to a few places near to Cannock Chase earlier today :) Hope shes ok x
- 2012-10-17 18:27 mathers22
- Welcome home Bee xx
- 2012-10-17 17:04 SpringerMadVicki
- Was just checking in before going out for a walk in the area ... so glad Bee has been found.... hope she is OK?
- 2012-10-17 16:39 reggiemollieros
- So happy to see that Bee has been found xLast edited: 2012-10-17 16:40:00 by reggiemollieros
- 2012-10-17 15:38 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Had email from Lisaj to say that Bee has been found today. Have replied back as unsure at the moment whether she's safely home.
- 2012-10-17 14:24 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Have emailed you Lisaj
- 2012-10-17 11:19 DonnaB
- Hi, i live in Hednesford but cannot physically help with the search at the moment as i'm looking after my baby at home. I have, however, contacted my friend who works at the visitors centre in Marquis Drive and she will keep her eyes and ears open and has informed the rangers who work that area. Hope this helps.
- 2012-10-17 08:27 Lisaj
- i dont have scenting info - please could you email me?
- 2012-10-17 07:59 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks for the update Lisaj. Do you already have scenting information? If not I'll email it to you.
Don't listen to peoples criticisms about not having a collar or chip. Nothing can be done about that right now so just keep focused on finding Bee.
I'll advertise her in The Countryman's Weekly magazine as soon as possible but it will be a couple of weeks before she's published. Hopefully she'll be home by then but if not it will get her wide media coverage in case she's been picked up and taken out of the area.
- 2012-10-17 07:23 Lisaj
- I've also left a poster at the Chetwyn Arms in Upper Longdon. Oh yeah and Gus and Flynn were chipped yesterday.....come home Bee Bee. :( Gus is beside himself.
- 2012-10-17 07:17 Lisaj
- My searches continued yesterday - walking the exact route from Beau Desert side all the way through to Castle Ring with my other dogs and the dog whistle (which confused them somewhat) - but I circled the area using her whistle and nothing. My friends/parents and some strangers were also walking in this area helping me look for my Bee. Which I am absolutley grateful and overwhelmed by.
After taking Bee's brothers back home, I came back to the cross roads at Stile Cop and spoke to the lady who spotted a dog that she thought was on it's own - I think this is the lady who has posted a comment here. She couldn't be sure of the white chest BUT when Bee is grubby her white chest isn't always visable like it is on these pictures.
I've put posters up at all the car park points in the area and have left one at Hazleslade post office/Beau Golf Club/Camp site/Big house on cross roads by Campsite/Pub at Castle Ring......and most of the car parks on the other side of the chase that Bee knows.
I went back after dark last night to see is she is moving around after dark, and left some worn clothes at Catle Ring where she darted into the bushes with a little bowl of food. I will go back this morning and see if she is around but I suspect as it's high up and was bloomin freezing last night IF she is still out on her own she may have dropped down to Beau as the temperature was warmer.
I have to go back to work today. My chap is also at work. A friend of mine is going to nip up there later with her whistle but if anyone is in Beau area or Longdon woods or stile cop then PLEASE keep your eyes peeled. I'm at a loss at what to do but keep searching for her. She is timid but I suspect if you see her and call her softly and crouch down so as not to look impossing then she will wiggle towards you.
I HAVE been critisied for her not wearing a collar and Chip. I absolutley hold my hands up and am heartbroken that she is not chipped. It was one of those things that we meant to get done when we took her back to the vets and I'm ashamed to say I hadn't had her chipped - I feel like I have let her down badly. However, whilst I understand the collar comments, but I intentionally dont have a collar on Bee (or the other two) because they 'flush' at high speed. Bee in particular loves nothing more than sprinting low and switching from side to side under the undergrowth and beteen compact trees and she would have injured herself with a collar. I wished she had a collar on now merely so I could hear her if she was 'jingling' but my intentions were for the safety of my little lady.
They are a working breed and we have always tried to replicate a working life with them and as a result we have fabulous dogs. Bee was running to heel with my fella and Gus (her younger brother) and was spooked by an aggressive collie cross. She darted into the dense tress and gus darted behind my chap. I think she may not have heard him calling and got disorientated.
If any one can please keep their eyes peeled I'd be ever so grateful. I want her back safe and sound.
Sorry for war and peace. I just want people to be clear of the collar intentions. :( I love my dogs - they are my babies. I want Bee back. thanks for all your support to date. xx
- 2012-10-16 18:59 SpringerMadVicki
- Been up to Castle Ring this afternoon for a walk round, so many places to hide / stay out of view but we did have a good look around. My springer went into a few of the dense areas and I looked down the sides of the main walkway into the thick bracken. I did notice a large property with a separate 'private land' area which would be accessible to a dog, also lots of building materials in the driveway. Perhaps maybe worth a visit to see if anyone is on site in the day and leaving a poster (if not already done so).
Did see a couple of posters and there were quite a few people about. No sightings though i'm afraid.
We drove back through the lanes and through hazel slade, but again no sightings. Did notice a security van driving into a building site on New Hayes Road, maybe worth putting a poster up on the gates if not done so already?
I'm about a 25 minute drive from here, but happy to help again if needed.
Hoping Bee is found safe soon xLast edited: 2012-10-16 18:59:36 by SpringerMadVicki
- 2012-10-16 11:09 PIGGY
- Sighting of black spaniel type dog Monday 15th approx midday in Cannock Chase near to caravan and camp site on road to Hazel Slade, this is approx one mile from Castle Ring
- 2012-10-15 22:02 Caz147
- Try leaving a piece of worn clothing that belongs to the dog's owner, leave it in nearby where you last saw her, check back after about a day (leave overnight) then hopefully your dog should be sleeping/near the clothing. (I'm a dog trainer) best of luck hope she is found soon
- 2012-10-15 18:39 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to owner she has left messages at the counci, vets need to be contacted. posters have been put up. Have advised riding stables and to check sites on the internet. She has spoken to dog walkers. She could check dog rescues in the area. Canncok Chase a vast area with lots of places fr her to hide. We may haveto use a trap if we can get more sightings. I did suggest a BBQ.
- 2012-10-15 18:36 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Info and Advice sheet sent.
- 2012-10-15 11:26 wychwizard
- Have shared on my Facebook timeline (and pages i run) will also print and distribute posters. Have friends and relatives in the area so will make sure they are aware.
- 2012-10-15 11:12 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in WS7,11,12,13,14,15. ST17,19.