Lost: Black, White & Tan Terrier Jack Russell Male In North West (CA12)
- Dog ID 43861
- Status Lost
- Registered 10 Oct 2012
- Name ROCCO STILL MISSING
- Breed Terrier Jack Russell
- Gender Male
- Age Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Black, White & Tan
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars has scar on his back leg
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 07 Oct 2012
- Where Lost Whinlatter near Keswick
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area CA12
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info He got himself lost in the woods behind the visitor centre.He has scar on his back leg. MICROCHIPPED! He is a very much loved dog and family are missing him so much if any one has seen him please call. If found he should be reported to the Council Dog Warden (which is the LAW)
- Phone 1 07919 282591
- Phone 2 07772 117307
- Listed By Michelle
- Views 3831
- See more dogs Lost in CA12
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-02-24 19:12 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks Jojo the found dog is not Rocco, it is a female and still in Liverpool RSPCA (Halewood), she has not been claimed up to now. x
- 2013-02-19 16:07 Jojo
- 2013-02-15 19:53 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Although very similar I would say the found is not Rocco. x
- 2013-02-15 19:37 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- White black and tan JRT looks similar to Rocco on www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/residents/pests_pollution_food_safety/animal_welfare/stray_and_abandoned_dogs/stray_dog_photographs.aspx
Can't see the white bit on top of head but worth checking out as pic not great
Have alerted owner to check
- 2012-12-29 16:39 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you Riverlady x
- 2012-12-29 16:13 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-12-29 13:20 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you Jan and Sue x
Still no news on Rocco :(
- 2012-11-28 17:18 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks Sue, we will let owner know. Hope it brings some sightings of him. x
- 2012-11-28 09:05 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-11-13 19:47 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I have spoken to Michelle tonight. They are doing a fantastic job of trying to find Rocco. They have had people out in the area searching for him, they have put posters up everywhere, contacted vets, rescues, DW in the area and surrounding areas. They have put Ads in newspapers, he was in one last night.
I have also advised michelle to check his page for any possible matches, hoping Rocco will be home very soon x
- 2012-11-07 21:35 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks Looplurcher and millypod for looking out for Rocco.
The found one on the Cheshire West & Chester website is not Rocco but markings are very similar, even with the little white mark on the head. Rocco has more white on his muzzle and the black marking on his back are different.
Had a message via fb from Michelle (owner) asking to share his details on my page. I've advised owner keeps checking his DL page for any matches and to post updates as well. Keeping everything crossed he is back home soon.
Group photo done and shared on fb.
Page will need to be refreshed to view the updated photo/s. x
- 2012-10-31 17:08 millypod
Hi can you please check this dog looks like Rocco found in Blacon.x
- 2012-10-19 19:20 Loopylurcher
- Still going up and around Whinlatter every evening with my gang, but no sign. Won't stop looking as I'm up there nearly every day and will keep extra lead with me.
- 2012-10-19 18:27 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-10-17 06:55 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you so much Loopylurcher for all your help :)
- 2012-10-13 20:31 Loopylurcher
- not a problem as I walk my gang up there most days. Meeting up with his owners tomorrow and walking the route with two of my dachshunds. These guys have only one reason to live and it is to find a hole or burrow and let me know they have! Fingers crossed.
- 2012-10-12 20:27 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you Loopylurcher for your help, greatly appreciated:)
I've sent Rocco's owner email with info and advise.
I hope to see Rocco home VERY soon x
- 2012-10-12 19:13 Loopylurcher
- Spoke to Rocco's owners this evening and still no sign of him. He got himself lost in the woods behind the visitor centre on Whinlatter. I'm heading out 1st thing tomorrow to the Thornthwaite side to see if there is any sign.
- 2012-10-11 11:24 glynafon
- Think area lost should read KESWICK noT KISWICK?
- 2012-10-11 10:11 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in CA11,12,13.
- 2012-10-10 19:14
- Sorry to see that ROCCO STILL MISSING is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.