Lost: Black Cross Breed Male In Central (NN7)
- Dog ID 43771
- Status Lost
- Registered 08 Oct 2012
- Name SIMBA
- Breed Cross Breed
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Large
- Colour Black
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Rough coated Podenco cross. He looks like an oversized Scottie dog and has huge ears.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 19 Oct 2012
- Where Lost Northampton. Last seen on A508 at Roade
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area NN7
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Simba is very timid but may come for food. Otherwise please phone asap with details of where you have seen him. Simba is a rescue dog from Spain and had only been in the country a couple of weeks before he escaped. He is not used to roads. PLEASE contact with ANY information in confidence: email@example.com
- Phone 1 07986 507924
- Phone 2
- Reward? 200 GBP
- Listed By annemonique
- Views 4345
- See more dogs Lost in NN7
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-02-23 14:43 annemonique
- Thank you Barney and Ozzies Mum. We are posting posters far and wide to help people keep their eyes open for Simba. We have had no sightings since mid October so he could be anywhere. If we do have a sighting in your area we will let you know. Thank you x
- 2013-02-11 17:50 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have there been any recent sightings? I saw a poster on door to my vet at Watermead (Aylesbury). Moved here just over 2 months ago, so not totally familiar with the area yet, but let me know if you need any help searching locally. I'll keep my eyes peeled and help spread the word in the meantime x
- 2013-01-16 15:41 annemonique
- Simba is still missing. We are still hoping for a happy ending for this boy.
- 2012-12-02 20:22 annemonique
- I've set up a Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/findingsimba
Please share. Also we have a reward to offer for his safe return. The reward is 200 GBP
- 2012-11-09 06:44 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Further alerts sent to MK11,12,13,16,19,46, NN4,7,12 to cover all the surrounding areas where the last sighting of Simba was.
PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP WITH POSTERS. IT WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED.
- 2012-10-26 15:40 annemonique
- Thank you Angus. I've also had a reply from the local Rambler's Association saying that they are circulating Simba's details.
- 2012-10-25 21:54 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- as discussed earlier phone number for NETWORK RAIL is 08457 114141
- 2012-10-25 12:30 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Spoke to Angus she reckons Simba has covered 15-18 miles but will contact owner re the trap and discuss it with her as we don't have one in Centrsl region.
- 2012-10-24 20:53 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Yes annemonique. If you know someone with a bitch on heat try it.
- 2012-10-24 20:50 annemonique
- Simba hasn't been neutered. Has anyone ever used the scent of a bitch on heat to attract a lost dog?
- 2012-10-24 20:49 annemonique
- I believe my Mum is going to contact you about the idea for a trap. She is trying to track down the couple she and my cousin met at the weekend.
- 2012-10-24 20:48 annemonique
- Hi Angus, it wasn't a sighting in a garden. It was a comment from a couple who were out and about in Roade. My cousin spoke to them and they mentioned that their neighbour had found some dog poo in his garden. My cousin gave them some dog food to put out in case he came back.
- 2012-10-23 12:42 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- whilst I was at the kennels yesterday the kennel owners mentioned that you may have had a sighting in someones garden - if that is correct and you feel that placing a trap is feasible ( It has to be monitored at all times) then please give me a shout or email admin and they will get hold of me
- 2012-10-23 11:25 annemonique
- Many thanks for your help Ziltha and Angus. My Mum is posting out to all the farms in the area as well. She is continuing to poster in the area and further afield.
- 2012-10-22 21:50 ziltha
- He crossed A508 near where the British Legion has been demolished (Bailey Brook Road) through hedge into St Mary's Way/Church Croft area. We searched round there for some time but no other sighting. Husband has also searched round Couteenhall, Ashton as well as Roade.
- 2012-10-22 11:57 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- am off to Forest Lodge shortly so will check - whereabouts was the Roade sighting - could take a detour on the way home and have a look
- 2012-10-21 20:17 annemonique
- The sighting was followed up and seems a good one. Owners were out this weekend with posters, leaflets and food to try and keep him in the area. No further sightings since.
- 2012-10-20 12:08 annemonique
- Thanks Zitha. Can anyone help with the search or posters in Roade? Please contact 07986 507924
- 2012-10-19 14:48 ziltha
- Possible sighting in Roade crossing A508 about 1.20. p.m. today. Have left message on owner's answerphone
- 2012-10-18 19:29 annemonique
- Local paper (Herald and Post) and local Radio (Radio Northampton) are both running the story. Trying to get volunteers to help with putting up posters. Can anyone on this site give us a hand with posters? contact me firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks
- 2012-10-15 09:08 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- still circulating on twitter.
- 2012-10-14 15:00 Mireille
- We have been out to the locations where he has been spotted yesterday and today and to the kennels aswell but to no avail unfortunately. Will be contacting the local radio station this week to inform them and hopefully get a feature out on the radio. There should be an article going in another local paper this week , Herald & Post so hope that will help spread the word. There is also a group that has been set up on Facebook to help get word out that we need people to look for him. Hoping that we will get a phone call this week!!
- 2012-10-12 14:34 annemonique
- Thank you Liz. The latest sighting is between Horton and Stoke Goldington two days ago 10th October. I need a more accurate location. I will try and contact the person who rang Simba's owner to get more info. It might be better to contact my Mum to arrange a search party. Liz can you help to advise her? She is contactable on the phone number that you have for me.
- 2012-10-12 14:05 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- If anyone would like to go out and search for him ie in a group then please call the owner to see if she is arranging a search party. Her sister has been doing a lot of the work as the owner has a small child. Please note that Simba was not a street dog in Spain but lived in a shelter from a puppy, he is very timid so we advise not to go out calling his name, we really need sightings to know he is in the area and has not moved on.
- 2012-10-12 14:00 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Keep up the good work annemonique.
- 2012-10-11 19:28 Owl
- Garden centres are a good place for posters as well, a lot of people are visiting those at present buying bulbs and winter plants. Also filling stations, always a good bet.
- 2012-10-11 18:15 annemonique
- Leafleted Horton to Denton Road (last sighting) Posters up in Brafield, Horton, Denton, Hackleton, Gt Houghton, Little Houghton. Spoken to as many dog walkers as possible, given out leaflets.
- 2012-10-11 18:13 annemonique
- Contacted farmers in the area, checking Forest Lodge everyday Country Kennels alerted as are Wellidogs and Animals In Need.
- 2012-10-11 18:12 annemonique
- Large article on p.11 of tonight's Northampton Chronicle and Echo PLUS a mention on the front page.
- 2012-10-11 14:38 annemonique
- Possible sighting on the Horton to Denton Road, Northants. Wed 10/10/12 at 9.00am
- 2012-10-10 20:11 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Ad in the paper tomorrow.
- 2012-10-09 13:05 annemonique
- Received a phone call saying that Simba was last seen Sunday night running in fields at Brafield. Waiting to get more information on this.
- 2012-10-09 10:35 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Tried to call but no reply.
- 2012-10-09 10:23 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- Circulating on twitter
- 2012-10-08 21:16 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Owner needs to contact DW, vets, Forest Lodge, poster asap. Contact the local radio and the paper. Check sites on the internet. Contact local farmers and the Highways Agency and Railtrack (if necessary) speak to dog walkers and hand out flyers.
- 2012-10-08 21:13 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Info and Advice sheet sent.
- 2012-10-08 17:47 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in NN1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,29.
- 2012-10-08 17:11
- Sorry to see that SIMBA is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.