Lost: Brindle Lurcher Female In North East (DL10)
- Dog ID 43638
- Status Lost
- Registered 04 Oct 2012
- Name MAGIC
- Breed Lurcher
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Colour brindle
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 28 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Scotch corner.
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area DL10
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Ran off.
- Phone 1 07771 158732
- Phone 2
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 683
- See more dogs Lost in DL10
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-05-17 20:33 rescue_mum
- Always a good selection of whippet/lurcher types in the Found and Strays sections and the Up for Rehoming sections at www.strayaid.co.uk and www.strayaction.com
Quite a few brindles at both sites at the moment worth taking a look at.
Good luck, hope you find lovely Magic safe and well very soon xxx
- 2012-12-28 20:24 SCD
- May be long shot / no connection due to the dates but I have heard a brown lurcher was found a few of weeks ago in Piercebridge and was passed onto someone at a pub in Gainford. Might be worth contacting the pub. Hope you find her.
- 2012-11-30 09:53 Claire Weston Turville
- Have text a message to this dog's owner re my post below.
- 2012-11-30 09:46 Claire Weston Turville
- Bit of a longshot but...he/she may have been picked up, changed collar and then dumped.
Dogwatch No. 855
please contact PC 2654 Stephen Hinds at Pangbourne police station on the non-emergency number 101.
2. Stray Lurcher
At 16.00hrs on 28 November a skinny, nervous, brindle coloured lurcher wearing a dark collar was seen in Appleton near Abingdon. Attempts to catch it failed because it was too nervous. It was seen shortly afterwards at Tubney and Fyfield. Apparently, since Monday 26 November it had been seen previously at Netherton, Fyfield, Tubney and Appleton. It has raided dustbins for food and if seen again, an offer of food might secure its capture.
Last edited: 2012-11-30 09:47:26 by Claire Weston Turville
- 2012-11-18 15:12 iluvhoundz
- Is there any more info on this girl? Do we know how old? Any distinguishing features? Size or type of lurcher? Thanks
- 2012-10-13 12:57 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Tried to ring for an update- message left on answerphone x
- 2012-10-06 13:27 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Thanks ashmark- the owner is going to try to get a photo to us as soon as possible.
Magic went missing in an unfamiliar area. They were driving home and stopped for a toilet break when she went missing. The owner thinks it was an area off the A1 near to Thirsk before Scotch corner.
They have been trying to report to area dog wardens and check with kennels. They are going to put posters in the nearest village to where she went missing.
The area is over 100 miles from home. They have returned to the spot a number of times but there has been no sign of Magic yet.
Will check postcodes for surrounding area of where she went missing.
Really hope for news of her very soon
- 2012-10-06 12:44 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Text sent requesting photo.
- 2012-10-04 18:47
- Sorry to see that MAGIC is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.