Lost: BLACK & TAN Pinscher Miniature Male In Scotland (EH54)
- Dog ID 43608
- Status Lost
- Registered 03 Oct 2012
- Name ROMEO WHEREFORE ART THOU
- Breed Pinscher Miniature
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Toy
- Colour BLACK & TAN
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars More black down front legs than a Miniature Pinscher normally has
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 03 Oct 2012
- Where Lost 28 Pumpherston Road, Uphall Station, LIVINGSTON, EH54 5PT
- Lost In Region Scotland
- Lost In Post Area EH54
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Small (11 inches high - slightly bigger than a Chihuahua)black & tan 6 months old - we heard he had been hit by a car and the driver got out but Romeo ran off. Driver reported it to the police was hit at the traffic lights on the A89 at South Middleton driver travelling east.
- Phone 1 07892794989 or 07969199218
- Phone 2 01316691060
- Reward? substantial
- Listed By allanabru
- Views 3244
- See more dogs Lost in EH54
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-03-03 23:39 allanabru
- 5 months today since Romeo went missing and I still am looking.
- 2013-01-12 23:23 allanabru
- Just the 1 Romeo missing. I had added different comments saying all I wanted for Christmas was Romeo and then that My dark and handsome 1st foot I wished was Romeo. Now it is the quote from Romeo & Juliet
- 2013-01-11 21:54 miniminpin
- Yes, it was little jimmy, sorry the sun newspaper didn't say anything about it being a little fox or that it might not even be a little dog, sorry :(
Do you have two Romeos missing (ive noticed his name has changed :S
- 2012-12-31 01:05 allanabru
- Thank you for that. The foxes where I am are dark coloured too, very cheeky and come and sit on the roof of my hut, pinch my dogs toys that they leave in the garden and follow me when out walking my dogs. Wishing I knew if Romeo was safe and warm somewhere.
- 2012-12-30 23:13 LennyBoy
- Hi, jst to put your mind at rest- I run a local dog-walking business in Edinburgh and was one of many people who helped in the search for Jimmy the missing Border Terrier- he was found safe and well- I too was concerned though about the thought of some other poor dog having been buried without the owners ever knowing and offered to take the remains found on the bypass to a vet to check for a chip. I was then told that a foxes tail had been found just yards from the body of the animal thought to have been Jimmy. I spoke directly to Jimmys owner who confirmed that they now believe they buried a fox cub. I can understand why they may have thought it was their little dog because of the similar wirey coat and the dark colouring. Many of the foxes that we see regularly in this area are a dark brown and not the bright red/orange colour that many people think of them as. Hope this gives some peace of mind that it would not be someone elses pet. Fingers crossed that little Romeo is found safe and well or that if someone else has found and taken him, they realise that he belongs at home with his owners and not with them!
- 2012-12-29 23:38 allanabru
- Was that not Jimmy a Border Terrier that was lost in the Pentlands? Have been tryng to find the Sun article on line to check have you still got the paper? Thank you
- 2012-12-27 23:18 miniminpin
- Hello, im not sure if they be something or nothing but I noticed an article in the sun news paper early last week about a gentleman who lost his Yorkshire terrier. He responded to a call about a little dog found on the motorway, the man buried this little dog thinking it was the remains of his own, only to be called the next day by a lady claiming she had his dog, he was reunited with his Yorkshire terrier the next day, but unfortunatly has buried the remains of a dog of similas size and colour.
This man is also from Edinburgh, as I said it maybe something or nothing but Yorkshire terriers are black and tan too.
I hope its not your wee dog and hopefully you have been reunited, but I just can't help thinking that there might be a connection. Oh bless I really hope he is ok .x
- 2012-12-21 23:33 allanabru
- Not sure if the person that spoke the other day and hung up was the same person that left the other message about having Romeo but wished they would tell me if he is OK? just let me know please.
- 2012-11-28 22:35 allanabru
- I hope so, will pop some more posters up in the area asking if someone has contacted me to do so again. Just hope someone does have him & he is safe.
- 2012-11-28 14:18 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- Hope he calls you back allanabru.
- 2012-11-27 18:48 allanabru
- May be something or nothing I had a strange message on my answer machine yesterday at 4:01 pm, from a gent with a foreign accent, saying Hi I have aremi - no number left. Can't help wondering had he meant Romeo - noticed Romeos' name was washed off a bit on the posters when I was there on Sunday & could have been picked up wrong or person may just have phoned the wrong number. Or could have decided to call him that not knowing his name at the time of finding him??
Last edited: 2012-11-27 19:42:38 by allanabru
- 2012-11-09 08:55 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- Have been in contact with Romeo's owner and there is no recent news about him.
- 2012-11-04 15:54 Raly
- Hi, I rehomed the Min Pin from Bradford... I will always contact lost Min Pin owners just incase it is their dog, I have spoken to Romeos owners today and going to send them a photo, the age difference is too great to be him, but at least they will know this is not their little one. Raly x
- 2012-10-23 17:40 allanabru
- Followed up Fleet Lane kennels it is not Romeo - I'm sure this little one will soon find a loving home if not claimed - but hope his owner is contacted by someone that checks this site.
- 2012-10-21 10:57 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- Here are the details if you want to follow it up. - He has been taken to Fleet Lane kennels 01274 880408 Dog warden 01274 438882
- 2012-10-21 10:07 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- If the sighting wasnt Romeo, Is it not worth ruling the found one in Bradford out
- 2012-10-21 00:31 allanabru
- The owner text me last night (19th) to say that her mum had spoken to the person that sighted Romeo and the dog was about 3 foot tall so was not him.
- 2012-10-20 16:48 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- I was informed directly by the owner of Romeo that there was a sighing at Loaninghill / Middleton and she had been given this infomation in good faith.
- 2012-10-19 23:17 allanabru
- The report at Loaninghill / Middleton was not him - it was a dog about 3 foot high.
- 2012-10-19 18:24 mathers22
- I was just going to suggest the one in Bradford scooby5575 but it was a long way off but, the one that's lost has been missing since 3rd October I think that's what I read !! xx
- 2012-10-19 16:57 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- Thanks scooby5575. It will not be Romeo as it was thought that he had been seen locally today.
- 2012-10-19 15:49 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Seems a little far due to possible sighting but you might want to check found dog ID 44158 black and tan min pin, says is a playful youngster so maybe worth ruling out xx
Last edited: 2012-10-19 15:50:38 by Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- 2012-10-19 12:46 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- Hurry up and give yourself up Romeo.
- 2012-10-17 17:20 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- Romeo's profile has been bumped up to the top of the Lost Dogs list due to a sighting of him - well - he was near the top, but is going down further as new lost dogs come onto site since he was bumped.
- 2012-10-17 17:14 allanabru
- What is bumped due to Sighting??
- 2012-10-17 12:48 Jayne - Head Office
- bumped due to sighting.
- 2012-10-17 12:43 allanabru
- May have been sighted at the Industrial estate along from where he may have been clipped by the car on A89 - the next opening after the traffic lights on the rightLast edited: 2012-10-17 17:02:21 by allanabru
- 2012-10-15 13:09 allanabru
- Thank you bazil reassuring - trouble is we've got people hindering us in our search and we were hopeful of getting him in the lane where 4 people have seen him. The people that stay in the houses along there say that it is private property, despite no signs saying the road is, and parked 2 buses in the lay by along it to prevent us sitting there watching - the same people were so very nice earlier on the week asking me if I knew something to help their dogs' skin condition. We are now having to sit in cars periodically walking part way along. Too cold to be out constantly.
- 2012-10-14 18:37 bazil
- Hi, just want to say sorry Romeo is missing. Please take a look at Tia on here dog ID 29792. She went missing and was also hit by a car. This little one gave us the runaround for 17 days until she was finally caught on a farm and taken home safe. Good luck, get your posters up as they really do work. I had just postered a few days earlier near the farm she was caught and the person out on a walk, who sighted her, had seen the posters and was able to phone immediately. Stay safe Romeo x
- 2012-10-14 12:19 allanabru
- Seen at the row of houses along the lane just down from the Cawburn Inn on Friday 12th Oct 12 running from the grassed area to the hedges just before the houses. Was supposed to have been seen on 11th Oct 12 near the bing on A89 just along from the traffic lights where he was clipped by car - dog warden notified - not sure it was him as it was raining torrential & Min Pins will do anything to avoid going out in the rain
- 2012-10-11 11:09 allanabru
- May have been seen at Pumpherston at the Cawburn Inn on Saturday 6th Oct 12
- 2012-10-07 23:01 allanabru
- Possible sighting at Cawburn Inn Pumpherston on 6th Oct at 5:45pm
- 2012-10-06 08:59 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- Turns out that the sighting which was posted and removed - below- was a false alarm and was someone else's dog.
- 2012-10-05 18:05 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- Bumped due to sighting.Have advised about leaving food, bed etc. Breeder is taking her other dogs there to search and leave scents.
- 2012-10-05 13:48 allanabru
- Seen at bowling club Uphall 9:00 pm 04/10/12
- 2012-10-05 13:44 allanabru
- 2012-10-05 00:37 allanabru
- Spotted at the bowling club up the road from Johnston Avenue Uphall where he stays - he is limping
- 2012-10-04 11:02 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- Have emailed fliers and poster for owner.Number for owner is 07969199218
Other numbers are for breeder.
- 2012-10-04 10:03 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in EH27,126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.55.
- 2012-10-03 23:34
- Sorry to see that ROMEO WHEREFORE ART THOU is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.