Lost: Ginger/rust Terrier Irish Female In South East (SS5)
- Dog ID 43396
- Status Lost
- Registered 27 Sep 2012
- Name ANNIE POSSIBLE SIGHTING
- Breed Terrier Irish
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Young Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Ginger/rust
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 26 Sep 2012
- Where Lost back garden of Branksome Avenue, Hockley.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area SS5
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Annie is microchipped, was wearing an id tag and is spayed. Family are distraught, any information please call.
- Phone 1 01702207596
- Phone 2 07748652421
- Reward? yes
- Listed By annie
- Views 9631
- See more dogs Lost in SS5
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-05-21 22:37 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Come on Annie, let's get that chip checked. x
- 2013-04-03 12:46 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I've found the second photo now too. Come on Annie, where are you sweetheart? x
- 2013-04-01 14:25 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you to whoever put Annie's beautiful photo back on for us! x
- 2013-03-31 22:05 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Annie's mum, they do still come back after months and months, so we still wait for her with you. Come on sweet Annie. x
- 2013-03-31 21:53 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- I'll email Admin for Annie's mum, Jayne. Thank you. x
- 2013-03-27 14:28 Jayne - Head Office
- Serer problem...if you cannot get photo on please email to admin with dog ID and we can get back on for you...
- 2013-03-27 14:04 annie
- Hi Everyone.Annie now been missing 6 months.Where has the tome gone?Still hoping we will get her back.Not sure why i was pinked and they took Annies photo off????
- 2013-03-23 21:49 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Annie's mum, can you pop a photo back on for us please, as when the servers crashed they took a few pics with them! Sorry. x
- 2013-03-15 06:00 wensmum
- This dog http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/dog-found-near-aldi-snapewood/1011626605#1? is described by the finder and gingery all over - did contact them in case it was Rags, but they say no white x
- 2013-03-08 06:04 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Pinked means someones clicked on the "Report This" which is most of the time done in error
- 2013-03-03 08:49 annie
- What does pinked mean?I went to Dee's after the possible sighting and the vet and put more posters up in lower Rd
- 2013-03-02 23:26 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Oh, Annie's owner, you've been pinked. Am texting you. xxx
- 2013-03-02 16:53 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- I rang Dee for dogs groomers in Hullbridge to ensure she was aware of Annie and staff informed me that she has a poster stuck on her door for all staff to see.
- 2013-03-02 14:57 annie
- Thankyou to everyone keeping their eyes open for Annie
- 2013-03-02 12:31 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Sighting of dog like Annie being walked on Lower Road, Hullbridge. We need to find out if this is her, but discreetly, as it may be a genuine owner. This is apparently, a very possible lead. Please do what you can. Many thanks. xxx
- 2013-02-24 18:49 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Liz, Annie could really be anywhere - so many thanks. x
- 2013-02-23 01:22 Liz000
- Hi sorry if it's not her but came across similar one in rescue so thought I'd show you just incase
- 2013-02-21 13:06 Paula Griffin's Mum
- We're still keeping our eyes peeled for Annie, we have family in friends around the Lower Road area/Hullbridge/Hockley, I will remind them to keep an eye out and I will post again on my FB page, come on Annie girl...
- 2013-02-20 00:02 Astralhaze
- Shared on FB
- 2013-02-19 23:31 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Kimmybear I had Annie's photo saved from when I advertised her so I've put it in the second image.
- 2013-02-19 23:20 Angel Tina
- Have shared again as have 2 friends who live in lower road
- 2013-02-19 21:49 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Can we get a body picture of Annie back on here too, please? If you have a problem, just send it direct to me and I can pop it up. x
- 2013-02-19 21:47 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Oh my gosh. Bumping Annie up again for sighting. Okay folks, can we get some posters out there? What newspaper covers that area - worth a contact - people do give up on others if they've seen missing dogs. Obviously we don't know for certain if it was Annie, but its the best lead we have for the moment.x
- 2013-02-18 13:35 Debs D
- I drive along from Church Road to Rawreth Lane most days so will definitely be looking for you. One of my work colleagues travels down the whole length once a day so I shall ask him to keep a look out.
Lets hope this sighting could be the beginning of good news.
Dee for dogs is in Ferry Road I think.
- 2013-02-17 18:35 annie
- An assistant that works in Pets at home,near the airport phoned me Saturday night.He said somebody was looking at the poster, and said they had seen Annie being walked down Lower Road.He said he had no more information!!!!!
- 2013-02-17 18:28 annie
- Where is Dee for dogs in Hullbridge?
- 2013-02-14 12:55 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Have the local groomers been given posters of Annie? Dee for dogs in Hullbridge is very vigilant and now new hands at the Rochford dog wash just outside Rochford square
- 2013-02-07 21:29 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- It's always right to check every lead. Sometimes dogs can look a bit different; they have hair cuts or get matted, dirty and even tails could, in theory, change, (although I'm sure Annie's tail is just fine) so you are right to check it all. Well done. We have to keep it in mind that dogs are turning up all over the place because of their chips. I know right now it isn't enough, but one day it will be Annie. Hopefully, a soon day. Keep up the publicity whenever you can. Until she's back home, we keep on looking. xxx
- 2013-02-07 19:29 cavalierandlhasamummy
- I have shared Annie's details on my facebook and twitter pages, really hope she is found soon x
- 2013-02-07 12:12 Debs D
- So do I Annie. Most days I check for her on this site too, so frustrating.
- 2013-02-06 21:39 annie
- Over 4 months since Annie was taken.We are still looking out and missinh her
- 2013-02-06 21:38 annie
- Over 4 months since Annie was taken.We are still looking out and missinh her
- 2013-01-07 00:00 coralvb
- Please check this Gumtree advert - just to be sure.. http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/recently-found-terrier-looking-for-adoption/1006252237
- 2012-12-20 08:35 annie
- The Irish Terrier picked up in Bushey Park has been reclaimed by her owner.
- 2012-12-19 11:31 annie
- Hi, Saw this post on FB the other day and the vets called us but the microchip numbers were different. So disappointed it wasn't Annie. Someone else has just contacted me about one on an Irish website but that has no tail and just doesn't look like Annie. Thanks to everyone for still keeping their eyes and ears open x
- 2012-12-19 10:36 Debs D
- Oh I do hope it's her.
- 2012-12-19 08:50 magicpoogle
- have just seen this on facebook
- 2012-12-04 12:31 Paula Griffin's Mum
- We're still keeping an eye out when we're walking Griffin, I posted this on my FB page & will post again, come on Annie x
- 2012-12-01 16:57 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Annie, it was probably Sue from Doglost, otherwise it was a helper. SarahJane, absolutely well done on that! We have a great team out there. Scoobster, that would have been very possible too. Please keep looking. Can we all pop Annie on our face books and twitters for the Devon area as well? Worth a try. x
- 2012-11-30 12:52 annie
- Thanks so much but this dog has been reunited with owner.xx
- 2012-11-30 12:35 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- This has been put on AW site, It been found approx 65 miles away, but maybe worth checking xx
30 Nov 2012 Irish Terrier
Location: Heathfield TN21
Colour: Brown Tan
Our Ref: 286233
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
Text sent x
Last edited: 2012-11-30 12:37:16 by Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- 2012-11-28 18:34 annie
- Kimmybear,A lady called Sue was on our answer phone to ask if we needed it putting on facebook or twitter again or any other help.Was she from Doglost?she said dog search.She forgot to leave her number?
- 2012-11-28 18:31 annie
- Thank you Sarah Jane.Annie bigger and very ginger.Great people are still looking. Apparantly new age travellers are in Devon now,spoke to somebody earlier on .
- 2012-11-28 09:36 Sarah Jane
- sent picture to the family member i know of Annies family and sadly it wasnt Annie ...was so hoping we had found her x
- 2012-11-28 06:56 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I will alert Kimmybear
- 2012-11-28 06:55 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- this is the link to the found dog Sarah jane mentioned below
- 2012-11-27 23:10 Sarah Jane
- Just had a post on facebook by a friend concerned about a dog being sold/swopped by travelers and it looks like Annie ...we know his name and area he is in, what can we do?
- 2012-11-23 21:25 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Okay, I know you've done it before, but I really think you should go again and speak to those new age campers and find out what you can at the sites, with care. You cannot believe what most say, so keep trying. Remember money talks so drop hints about rewards. Someone may well have her, but then again, some are just real clever at living wild. I'm inclined to think someone has her and at some point she may get loose and picked up and scanned. I know it must be so hard to carry on like this, but they really do often appear many weeks later. Praying Annie does too. We never say never. Come on Annie, where can you be? x
- 2012-11-22 14:25 annie
- Thanks Paula Griffins Mum.Its been 8 weeks and no sightings. xx
- 2012-11-21 13:36 Paula Griffin's Mum
- As we live in Hockley, we're always keeping an eye out for Annie, so if there's a planned/organised search where you feel 2 adults and a springer could be of any help then please post on here, we'll keep an eye out for instructions and will help whenever we can...
- 2012-11-15 16:55 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Wow! Just goes to show how well you have done, Jane. You are amazing! This is one of those times where we just have to keep watching, waiting, working on thoughts and ideas and keeping our eyes open to anything and everything. If ever there is any news, do let us know directly as well as a post on here, as we may not see this page immediately and we'd need to bump her up. This girl is chipped and as many helpers know, chips do often bring these fur babies home. So, we will keep waiting for that call along with you. Annie will remain on here and we will keep looking, even behind the scenes, until she is home! Come on precious girl, let's get you home. xxx
- 2012-11-14 21:36 annie
- Annie is so famous.We took some posters to Discover Dogs and gave them to the irish terrier booth.They already new about her and were surprised nobody had approached them,when walking their dogs.7 weeks now,cant believe how the time has gone.Thanks everyone for still being so supportive x
- 2012-11-11 20:46 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Betts, thank you! It is very possible she is living wild, or with someone in the area. So appreciated.x
Dot2Dot, I am glad Annie's poster has been seen by lots of people as you just never know where the call may come from. x
- 2012-11-11 09:23 Dot2Dot
- Thats good news from betts there.
I was at discover dogs yesterday and saw Annie's poster on the Irish terrier stand.
So sad that she is still missing. Hope she will be home soon x
- 2012-11-10 18:37 betts
- We also farm the arable field adjacent to Woodview Boarding Kennels at the start of Lower Road and will keep a look out for Annie there now we have read previous postings. Will also put the word out to local farmers we know in the surrounding area as they will be happy to keep an eye out for her.
- 2012-11-10 17:30 betts
- We farm the arable land at Betts Farm and also own Marylands Wood and Crabtree Wood . We will keep an eye out for Annie when working on the fields and walking the woods in an effort to help you find her.
- 2012-11-07 00:00 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Okay, Jane, can you get word out again to the travellers/gypsies. Word of mouth if friendly or posters if not, as before. Try saying there is a huge reward (not a specific amount). If someone has her it should flush her out. We'll face what to do, if anything happens, but remember what I said in that first email on how to handle this. Sometimes owners have to keep reminding them before there's any movement. I know you also have some people living outside nearby as well, not the traveller, travellers. Please do this again with all of them if you can, but take care as before. If they think you've gone away, they might now have her out. x
- 2012-11-06 23:52 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Love the photo of Annie! What a truly beautiful girl. Owner giving out publicity flyers at show so bumped a bit. Well done, Jane. Thank you DebsD re farmer. That was an important thing we needed to know. Okay, anyone up for a brainstorming session? Let's try thinking outside the box, as they say. What could have happened to Annie - where could she be now? Is she right under our noses but hidden, has she been taken in by someone, could she still be living wild - it is very possible. Think, think, think. All thoughts welcome.
- 2012-11-02 16:17 annie
- Thought we would put another photogragh of Annie on here
- 2012-11-02 13:52 annie
- I have found out it is just pigeon scarers not pheasant shooting.We are off to Discover dogs next week.We are taking some posters to the Irish Terrier stand.
- 2012-11-02 10:14 Debs D
- My O/H went to the kennels opposite this farm to buy some dog food yesterday and while there made some enquiries with the owner. She said nothing really goes on the farm, no shooting just some bird scarers. I've also asked other peope in this area and they have said the same thing.
- 2012-11-01 23:06 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- 2012-11-01 11:28 annie
- Have checked it out and not Annie.Thanks everyone for still looking out for her xx
- 2012-10-31 17:34 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Theres a dog pictured on http://leighdogsandcatshome.co.uk/straydogphotos.html that looksa little like Annie (If it is Annie shes been shaved) but looks very similar, You may want to rule it out
You have to click through the picture until you find the right dog
Ref Salford area - B71519
- 2012-10-28 20:56 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Well done, Jane. Keep getting the word out and reminding people. I'm sorry, but I keep asking about this farmer. Do we know anything more yet? What does he farm or is just a landowner/gamekeeper? This may be important.
- 2012-10-28 17:58 Debs D
- Put a poster up in Battlesbridge last week. Also have posted to all my facebook groups which include musician groups and motorbike clubs so quite far ranging but heard nothing back yet.
- 2012-10-28 12:17 annie
- Went for long walk in Hockley Woods this Morning,very strange without a dog.Everyone we spoke to knew about Annie and they are still keeping an eye out incase.
- 2012-10-24 22:23 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Annie's owner been in contact today, still no word. Please keep sharing her page. Thank you. x
- 2012-10-23 23:31 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you, everyone. Okay, sometimes people don't know, or even if they do know, do not have evidence that a dog has been stolen, therefore, police will not issue a crime number. Sadly, not everyone knows what to do if a dog goes missing and that is why Jayne made this site. DebsD has kindly passed this on in case anyone can check this further or in case anyone knows about these others dogs. It could have been recent, it could have been a while ago, so unless we can speak to someone who does know, it's just thought put out there, in case it helps. Sometimes the smallest clue does help, so thank you DebsD. I am glad Annie is not close to the rail line and yes, Lilylouise, that is exactly what I texted Annie's owner this morning when we heard Rocky was home. Thank you. I am hoping this will give Jane the boost she needs right now. If anyone can help with more posters, please, please do so. You can never have enough and owners have done so well so far. We just have to keep pushing with this. Annie is somewhere. It's good to know others are out there watching out for Annie and your help and advice on here is greatly appreciated. x
- 2012-10-23 21:28 lilylouise
- Kimmybear, the area behind Jane's road is vast woodland and farmers fields, these stretch from Hockley to Hullbridge/Ashingdon/Rochford. It is very possible that Annie is living rough just like Rocky (40133) did for nearly 5 months before being reunited with his family today. x
- 2012-10-22 22:05 Debs D
- The lack of posters bothers me too but I thought I should mention it anyway x
- 2012-10-22 21:31 annie
- Hello,No we dont back on to the railway line.If other dogs have gone missing,where are the other missing dog posters and adverts in the paper? I have not heard anything!We checked with the railway and Know a train driver that has double checked.If other dogs have been stolen,would this be a matter for the police? x
- 2012-10-22 21:14 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Well, this may present us with two scenarios. Have these dogs been nabbed by someone who has accessed their gardens or have dogs escaped via the railway line? Yes, that would be a good idea Debs. Jane, does your home back onto the railway? If so, can you re-read the email I originally sent. If you need help, please text me or post on here. Is there anyone local to Annie that might be able to assist owner with this? Maybe some door knocking as DebsD mentions? Many thanks. Jane, I'm going to text you. x
- 2012-10-22 12:25 Debs D
- I was chatting to a fellow dog walker Sunday morning and mentioned Annie. She said she's not the only one, two other dogs have gone missing from back gardens in Marylands whose gardens back onto the railway. Would it be worth knocking on some doors there and A. find out if it's true and B. if they have any info. that may be of some help. Good luck.
- 2012-10-19 21:03 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Jane, hang in there. There's a caravan site at Hockley, if anyone could help postering around it, if not already done so and also try postering close to the food superstores. Everyone has to buy food and someone knows where she is. x
- 2012-10-19 20:28 annie
- Posters were up at the dog training at the community centre in Hockley.Thanks to people still keeping there eyes open. Guess someone has got her somewhere.Been a bad week.
- 2012-10-18 23:22 sparkyS
- Just to say I'm a local dog walker and am keeping my eyes peeled in Cherry Orchard and Ashingdon area where my mum lives. Have also put a poster out at Southend on Sea & District Canine Society ringcraft as we get a lot of people from the immediate area who walk regularly around there. Hope Annie comes home soon.
- 2012-10-18 12:45 Paula Griffin's Mum
- Not sure if this will help but every Sunday morning Benfleet working trails, a dog & puppy training club meet at Hockley Community Centre, Westminster Drive, Hockley, SS5 4XD - Tel: 01702 201515 - If this area is not postered it may be worth a go, good luck & come home soon Annie
- 2012-10-17 18:56 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Just to let you know there are still people looking, i have been scouting about several times. Im horse riding through the triangle area on friday so will be keeping eyes exceptionally peeled! x
- 2012-10-17 09:17 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-10-16 16:55 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- Hi Jane, so sorry there has been no news or any more sightings, it must be incredibly tough for you but hang in there. Keep going with posters, and as much publicity and coverage as you can get. There is an 'Apple Day' being held at Cherry Orchard Country Park next weekend (organised by the Friends of Cherry Orchard Group), may be a good opportunity to hand out posters etc and I am sure you will be most welcome to. Here are the details http://www.friendsofcherryorchardpark.org/events.html
- 2012-10-14 23:25 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Jane, have a think about who may have been in the area? That farmer still bothers me, what can you find out about what he does there? Is there a game keeper? Please ask around for info on this for me. What does he farm or is he just a landowner? This could be a link. Thank you. Now remember she is chipped, so no matter where she is, she could well crop up by her chip. I really thought she would she would be home by now, so either she is living very well in the wild or someone has taken her in. You have done extremely well in making her famous and I am so upset that she has not yet surfaced. Hang in there, as they do get home after many weeks, even years, but we want her back home now. Keep up the food thing, often early morning or evening when its gone quiet, they pop out. We've had collies living wild for months and months and terriers are just as good at this, so she could just be hiding or doing a large triangle. Hopefully she'll be in Countryman's Weekly soon, thanks to Sue, and that often helps. x
- 2012-10-14 16:30 annie
- Annie is very famous in this area. Where on earth could she be?
- 2012-10-12 12:56 Paula Griffin's Mum
- I'm new to doglost, but live in the Hockley area, we've seen the posters & will keep our eyes open, so hope Annie finds her way home soon, her family must be in bits, stay positive x
- 2012-10-10 20:39 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Okay, don't worry as she is probably doing a triangle and is on the other part of it. If that was her, and it sounded like it was possible, she should come back to that place. So do keep leaving food where the foxes food was and check to see if it's eaten a few times a day. Then you know when to stake it out. Leave something that smells of you at that location as well and do a bit of scenting daily at that point too.
Secondly, this farmer, is there a game keeper there? Is it that sort of farm, or what does he farm? Arable? Livestock? I'm guessing its arable hence the shooting. I am wondering if they deliberately breed the phesants and have a game keeper. Can you find out, Jane? Not necessarily from him, but others? Thanks. x
- 2012-10-09 09:12 annie
- Nothing X
- 2012-10-08 23:21 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Anything? x
- 2012-10-07 23:31 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Can you make friends with this farmer? Would be good to get him on side. No matter how horrible this is, you need him on side. Do your best. I don't like this shooting going on (and I love phesants) but you need to make him your friend, if at all possible. He may well see Annie. You are doing so well, Jane. Keep leaving food there. AS Jotty says, patience and time may be needed. You are doing fab! x
- 2012-10-07 20:55 annie
- Hello.We have been back there several times,,as have our friends.They were there tonight when the farmer started to shoot pheasants! Today we feel very tired.We have put more posters up and walked many miles.Tomorrow is another day xx
- 2012-10-07 17:49 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- Well done Jane. I will make sure Katies K9 pet shop have a poster and are aware of sighting, my sister works there so will ask her again to spread the word.
Just to mention re. Lashes, as lilylouise suggested, her and owners have emigrated! I remember the search well though as she was to thank for getting me involved with Doglost! It was a long and patientssearch, lots of posters, then the sightings came but she was very nervous, then with the definite sightings owners spent a lot of time in the area, bbqs etc, and eventually someone managed to catch her. Hopefully with loads of posters in the area you may get some more sightings and have an idea of what routes she is taking as she will more than like stay around the same sort of area.
- 2012-10-07 12:32 Spangles
- I can have a drive out around the area this evening, this would put her so close to home, come on Annie lets get you home litte one xx
- 2012-10-07 09:20 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Jane, I've been away and just got back to see this. This could well be Annie! Long legs? Yes. Go back to that email I sent you and do the scenting and leave food and water in that area in a safe place daily. Once she knows its there she will keep coming back, albeit foxes could eat it, but she knows where to go for the foxes food anyway, so keep doing it. Maybe hide and watch for a few hours, in turns. Remember she has gone a bit wild so if you see her don't chase. Call her quietly so she comes to you. I have high hopes of this long legged dog! Sounds good to me! x
- 2012-10-07 08:23 lilylouise
- Have you popped into 'Woodview Boarding Kennels' as they are at that junction? The owner/staff can keep a look out for Annie. It might also be worth you contacting 'Lashes' 18794 owner for some advice as Lashes went missing from Hockley twice (2007 & 2009).
- 2012-10-07 07:15 annie
- Went down before 6 this morning,kept calling her name until it was light.Will go back later with more posters for that area.Keep looking pleasexx
- 2012-10-06 20:42 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- Bumped due to possible sighting! Fingers crossed.
- 2012-10-06 20:13 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Can we bump Annie please due to a possible sighting at the bottom of Ashingdon hill at the junction of Lower Road. I saw this myself and contacted owners who were there within minutes! this was definitely NOT a fox it came from the hedgerow to try and cross the road, by the time i parked my car to run to area, another vehicle stopped in the road, i couldnt see if it ran across the road towards Lower Road but we believe it did as my friend saw something, possibly a dog (NOT a fox). Unfortunately light was not on our side and after about a hour had to give up searching. Im gutted, gutted, gutted!! i didnt just pull up on the roadside now instead of pulling over around the bend. I have advised owners to go back with a bbq tonight and at 1st light to have a good look about. I will join them if im up early. Come on Annie, it's time to get snuggles little one
- 2012-10-05 23:03 annie
- Railway have been contacted.Someone walks the line once a week and they will contact if anything found.Thought we had a sighting in Eastwood Rd,Rayleigh area in week.Brown dog with long legs seen eating foxes food.We went and searched but nothing.
- 2012-10-04 22:37 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Word is spread amongst the small holdings in Beckney woods, my daughter helps out in one of them and rides the horses through the woods so eyes are peeled there. I travel through Hockley and down lower road and watery lane every day and have been vigilant. Good to see plenty of posters still about. Im free this weekend if anyone wants to come and walk the railway lines, just as a process of elimination.
- 2012-10-01 11:13 Spangles
- Jane, just to update, Essex CC Highways have acknowledged my email and they have informed the South Area Team to keep their eye out, also Neighbourhood Policing Team for Rayleigh, Rawreth and Hullbridge are aware and have her picture and details xx
- 2012-10-01 06:55 annie
- Yes,she probably would go down a fox hole!We had a call last ni8ght to say an Irish terrier had been found in Hayling Island.For a short while we were excited and then heard she had been reunited with her owners.So pleased for them but so wanted it to be Annie.That was seen on facebook.Well in paper today,so you never know.X
- 2012-09-30 12:49 Dot2Dot
- Jane, being a terrier is she the type of dog that would follow a fox into a hole or investigate a Badger set? Chin up...lots of people on the lookout. pray you have some luck today. X
- 2012-09-30 12:33 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Well done. Come on Annie! x
- 2012-09-30 08:45 annie
- We have done cabs,post lady.Out again today covering another area x
- 2012-09-30 08:07 lilylouise
- Jane, I have shared with dog walking friends and on my fb and also on Southend-on-Sea fb page. As well as your posters hand out small fliers to those who are out when the roads are quiet, postmen, milkmen, cab drivers etc. I found them really helpful when my dog bolted from Hockley Woods (was spotted at Hockley Primary School) but was eventually found days later when she walked into a house in Lower Rd. It is also worth giving the Southend Dog Warden a call 01702 215005 as our boundary meets theirs in Cherry Orchard Country Park. Good luck, with us all looking I hope she is home soon.
- 2012-09-29 23:47 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Absolutely well done Jane! Spangles is spot on re Network Rail. Let us know how you get on with them - you cannot believe what they say unless you make them check, or you will need to get as close as possible yourself, or a friend, without actually going on the line - it's dangerous and could be "live". If this line is close, as Spangles says, you do need to rule it out. Another dog has just come back today, who was missing for months, so this is more proof for you, okay? Hang in there, you are doing fantastic! Come on Annie, home time! x
- 2012-09-29 21:14 annie
- Called Acres way on the first day.My friend was at a dog show in Colchester.She took posters there.My Sister in law has posters up in Upminster.We covered miles today and out again tomorrow with more.Will call Railway x
- 2012-09-29 20:30 Spangles
- Jane, I have emailed Rochford District Council and Essex County Council Highways and asked my contacts there to circulate around all departments so that if a call comes into them they can relate it to Annie, this will include street cleaning, parks and open spaces,and also their animal welfare. Debs mentioned earlier about contacing Network Rail, its a horrible thought and one we don't want to dwell on but, unfortunately given the close proximatey of the line it would be good to ring them, 08457 114 141, you need to insist that a worker walks the track along the distance of where is she normally walked. Also give Acres Way Kennels in Burches Road Thundersley a call as Rochford use them to collect strays......lets get this little girl home soon, hopefully she is chasing rabbits and got carried away and lost all track of time and where she should be xxx
- 2012-09-29 19:43 SanBarn
- Thanks Jo, was just about to do it but saw it was already done. xx
- 2012-09-29 19:43 Spangles
- Thanks Jo you beat Sanbarn to it!!!
- 2012-09-29 19:41 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- I have added spayed to her info and poster. X
- 2012-09-29 19:33 annie
- Thanks Spanglesx
- 2012-09-29 19:31 annie
- We normally walk over plumberow mount,marylands nature reserve, rochford hundred rugby club, infact all round hockley
- 2012-09-29 19:29 Spangles
- Jane I have asked Sanbarn to alter the poster description to include this so it will appear on all posters printed from here x
- 2012-09-29 19:25 annie
- Can anybody printing off the poster write SPAYED on it please so they know they cant breed from her.
- 2012-09-29 17:44 Spangles
- Jane, when you have time read on the reunited section about Archie, 37984, Archie went missing from Eastwood Road/Prince Avenue area, he was gone for about 8 days, but he was eventually spotted in Lower Road and his owner got that long awaited call. Don't give up hope, you have so much woodland and open countryside around where you live, she could run for sometme and not be seen, unless there is evidence to back up that she has been taken work on the theory she got out, how, will be the mystery, but she may just be relishing in a bit of rebelious freedom and once she realises she's been gone longer than she thought she will try to find her way home, the poster will help you and eventually someone is going to spot her, she is very unusual so she is going to be remembered. Keep positive, you've got lots of support on here. Where do you usually walk her? x
- 2012-09-29 17:29 annie
- Bramley,we have been to Ashingdon today,but if you could poster more it would be great.We have been out for 6 hours to Rochford,Stambridge,Ashingon
- 2012-09-29 14:15 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- Jane, are you any closer to knowing if she got out or was taken, or is it a case of you really don't know as she's never got out before, and equally there's no signs she was taken (other than her not being there i.e. no forced gate etc). Just thinking of the best strategy depending on which but at the end of the day, either way, publicity and postering is the best bet as you are doing. If you have not already contact the PCSO's for your area and neighbouring areas. They are out and about so good eyes and ears and are often a great help. x
- 2012-09-29 13:25 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Owner, has contacted me to advise they have put up loads of posters and postered around sites and whilst postering someone advised owner they already knew she was missing as they saw her in the School newsletter! Well done for the publicity, you are doing so well. As I said in email, we never, ever give up hope - we even have miracles on this site. I suspect if someone does have her, they are starting to shake a little in their boots. xxx
- 2012-09-29 13:08 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- Put some posters up by Gusted Hall and a few in Cherry Orchard park....more to put up tomorrow too. Jane, don't even start to give up hope.....there are lots of people out looking and postering.....you were responsible and she was tagged and chipped so you have that on your side as well. Keep spreading the word, putting posters up, telling everyone and anyone and figners crossed that long awaited call will come very soon and Annie will be home.
- 2012-09-29 10:04 BRAMLEY
- I live in Ashingdon so if you need any help postering let me know. Have you checked with Woodview Kennels at the bottom of Ashingdon Hill and Ashingdon Heights Kennels incase she is handed in to them.
- 2012-09-29 08:22 annie
- Will try there today.I am so low that I am begining to give up hope xx
- 2012-09-28 22:23 Dot2Dot
- Hi Jane, have you thought about checking with the eco-warriors that camp out at the back of Beckney woods? They maybe would just take her in if she wandered near to their dwellings.
Or even check the smallholdings off of Lower road.
keeping our eyes out and asking everyone we can. Good luck, she is a sweet dog, Carol
- 2012-09-28 20:42 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Have noticed lots more posters up today and many dog walkers stopping to read them too :-) my daughters will be riding her horse through the woods at the end of Branksome tomorrow so she said she'll keep her eyes peeled and spread Annie's disappearance with other riders
- 2012-09-28 20:20 annie
- Advert goes in the Echo which covers all this area,Basildon,Grays etc and Southend Standard middle of week.Comes out in morning but we dont get ours til the evening.
- 2012-09-28 19:40 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Jane, are doing really, really well! If a dog gets out of it's own accord, it will usually come back. So we have to think of all the reasons a dog may not be able to get back and work thru them. Sometimes, a dog will relish a bit of freedom to run and may go too far and simply get lost. If something has happened where she can't get home, we need to think of everything that may have stopped her. If she has been taken, we make her too hot to handle. As soon as she is in the paper, please tell us and we'll bump her page up so she can be easily found on here if anyone reading the paper looks. Are there any of the people mentioned in my email near you? If so, gets some posters near that area/s. The fact that she is spayed will help us tremendously if she has been nabbed. Let's hope someone has found her and simply doesn't know what to do about it. The paper and posters will hopefully fix this. You are doing fantastic!xxx
- 2012-09-28 15:07 annie
- More posters up today.Have already contacted Insurance,all ok there.I am begining to think somebody came in and got her as garden secure.Have contacted neighbourhood police,waiting for call back.In local paper all next week,mentioning reward as do all posters Jane x
- 2012-09-28 11:47 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Jane, as Annie's insured they should pay for posters and advertising - get on that now as it takes a while to come through. You can't wait though, you need to poster now as time is of the essence too. Come on Annie, where are you sweetie? x
- 2012-09-28 11:44 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Jane, I second Spangles thoughts re the police. If she has never got out of garden before and your thought is that it was secure and gate shut, you must tell police. If need be let them come and view the garden to prove it was secure. Unless she can jump or open the gate (has she ever before?) we need to assume this is a high possibility. Whatever has happened you really need to make Annie the most famous dog in the land. You CAN do this and you CAN find her! You will need a crime number from police, if may be hard getting them to give you one, that's why I suggested they check your garden to see it is secure. Incident number is not the same thing, you need a CRN. Call local radio, call local papers, check out the email I sent you and re-read the bit about rewards and calls. This is where your clue may be, IF she has been taken, okay. We need to leave no stone unturned. Also, should it be possible she has got out by herself then you really do need to check out that railway line! Network Rail does not scan dogs and rarely reports them to owners, so if this is possible you may need to be quite firm with Network Rail to elicit assistance from them. We can help you and support you if you need anything. Let's get those posters up everywhere! x
- 2012-09-28 11:18 Spangles
- Hi Jane was there any sign she could have been taken, ie was gate open when normally closed, are any side gates padlocked? Do you back onto other gardens or open land? Does Annie have a regular route she is walked on and does she know her way home from that walk, if she's been taken you need to report this to the neighbourhood policing team, might be worth checking with neighbours to see if anyone has noticed anything moved or missing from gardens. Alos do any of your neighbours have CCTV, worth checking and see if anything shows up, you may see her walking down the road, or you may see something else from around the time she went missing. If she's by chance just found a way out then we need to guide her home, if she is familiar with the area and walked in the area she should be able to do this, scenting is the key, great you've let her blanket out, follow the scenting instructions that you've been sent and scent regular routes you walk back to your house. Also ask the local cab firm if they will give all drivers a poster, and poster the train station as you are quite near and a lot of people will walk there. Also ask the school for help, its Friday, do they do a newsletter, if so ask them to put something on it, or will they use their email list to email out to parents just with a little note about Annie, you live very close to two schools so well worth a go. Also you have a main sorting office near by, pop in there and ask them to put a poster up, ask them to alert the posties that deliver to your area and poster like mad in every public place. Really hoping we get your baby home soon xLast edited: 2012-09-28 11:20:12 by Spangles
- 2012-09-28 10:12 annie
- Hi,there,this is Jane Webb,Annies Mum.We let her out in the garden about 10.30 on Wed night for her last wee.She did bark but she normally does.5 mins later my Husband called her in but she was gone!Thought garden was safe but who knows? Posters up everwhere.Doing petshops today.Put blanket on doorstep last night,just incase.
- 2012-09-27 22:32 Jamie Popplewell
- I'm in Hullbridge and several contacts in Hockley. Facebooked twice today. Will keep a good look out. Very local to me. Good luck everyone.
- 2012-09-27 22:06 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you everyone. Heard from owners immediately. They are very distraught. As yet I don't know the exact circumstances of Annie's disappearance, so please do help to find this fur baby. Thank you, Sue, good move. x
- 2012-09-27 20:40 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I've put Annie on the list for an advert in The Countrymans Weekly magazine. It will be a few weeks before it's published though. Hopefully she'll be home by then but if not it will get her some media coverage.
- 2012-09-27 20:19 annie
- Thankyou to everyone that is helping us look for our Annie.x
- 2012-09-27 19:30 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- Circulated this little lady on my fb lost and found page, also notified the local dog walker after i got a text this morning from a friend highlighting Annie's disappearance, she too is on doglost as a volunteer. Have noticed a poster up on the village noticeboard. As Jenny has said, would be nice to know if Annie escaped or was she possibly stolen? There is also a railway line very closeby so would be good to highlight Annie to the railways staff
- 2012-09-27 17:32 Vittoria
- Posted to my FB profile - fingers crossed x
- 2012-09-27 16:51 Spangles
- Lots of woods around where Annie is missing from....needs lots of scenting home, owners follow the scenting instructions from Kimmybear, and poster like made around the area, especially the school and entrances to all the woods and fields, sharing on FB and spreading, lets get this pretty girl home quickly xx
- 2012-09-27 16:40 Jenny
- Sorry to hear - I live in Rayleigh and walk my dogs in Hockley Woods - will mention to fellow dog walkers. Did Annie escape or stolen?
- 2012-09-27 16:23 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Texted and emailed owner.
- 2012-09-27 14:17 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to all SS postcodes.
- 2012-09-27 12:53
- Sorry to see that ANNIE POSSIBLE SIGHTING is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.