Reunited: Tri Beagle Male
- Dog ID 43368
- Status Reunited
- Registered 26 Sep 2012
- Name HUGO ATKINS
- Breed Beagle
- Gender Male
- Age Adult
- Colour Tri
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars White tip on tail tan(light brown)black and white collar and tag tag: ATKINS 29 LE7 3TU 011626
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 22 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Went missing from Shoby area Leicester/Melton
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area LE14
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 01 Oct 2012
- Other Info
- Phone 1 0116 2602794
- Phone 2 07525809196
- Listed By tomatkins
- Views 2617
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-10-01 19:09 JB
- Just got a message from Hugo's family to say that Hugo is fine, has got some antibiotics as he is very sore under his collar, some worming tablets and tablets for mange. Brilliant team work all round. Enjoy all those cuddles Hugo!
- 2012-10-01 14:39 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- What a clever, clever boy welcome home Hugo! I hope his vet check goes ok. We had just left Rotherby and heading towards Hoby when we got the good news!, thank you everyone for letting us know. Xxx We have taken down the Rotherby posters! Xxx :))))
- 2012-10-01 14:18 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Brilliant news! Thank you Owl, Sue and Jenny for letting us know as we were out searching - we were fair doing a song and dance in the fields when we got the news!
Have spoken to Hugos thrilled owner, he is a bit thin and worried but is having a vet check this afternoon.
Special thanks to Team Beagle for all the hard work.
Stay safe forever more now Hugo
- 2012-10-01 13:22 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Yes it's great news. Well done everyone
- 2012-10-01 13:21 JB
- I have also tried to call Ellie. Oh what wonderful news. Waiting to see how the vet check goes. What a clever boy, almost home. he almost got to the pub where the daughter works, from there he would have known his way home.
- 2012-10-01 12:54 Owl
- I have just called Snowdrop to tell her the good news, as she and Ellie are out searching.
- 2012-10-01 12:47 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Owl have you let Snowdrop and Ellie know in case they're out searching?
- 2012-10-01 12:35 Owl
- Hugo has just been found by his dad who has been scouring the area by cycle. He came as soon as he was called. He seems to have been making his way home.
- 2012-10-01 09:55 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Ellie and I are off to search the Rotherby area today, armed with plenty of smelly treats! Please show yourself today Hugo xxx
- 2012-09-30 17:31 JB
- Todays search involved more postering and door to door talking to people. The place that we arranged for people to meet this morning - there was a dog show so lots of posters were handed out. Melanie went to various villages where there had been possible sightings of Hugo and it seems that these have turned out to be more likely than we first thought so Hugo is travelling, so we are going to widen the search. The last sighting could well have been on Thursday evening at 6.30 which is fantastic news. So the areas we will concentrate on are Freeby (east of Melton Mowbray), Melton Mowbray, Rotherby (oh if only he had gone a little further on this one he could have found his way home), Seagrave. I am trying to catch up on 'essentials' at home and then I will go back up to the area Monday or Tuesday and stay until we find Hugo. Keep those fingers and paws crossed - more positive today. Keep willing him back to his family safely.
Last edited: 2012-09-30 23:10:39 by JB
- 2012-09-29 19:41 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Thanks for liaising with me throughout the day JB
Anyone in the area that can help postering would be very welcome, let's make him high profile.
- 2012-09-29 19:26 JB
- Sadly the sighting in Melton Mowbray was last Saturday and that rules out Hugo. Is there another beagle on the run in that area as it is the second call received. So the search is back to the Shoby area with more leaflets and door to door tomorrow. BBQ sausages are burnt and Hugo has not come to eat them. Come on Hugo come home soon safely.
- 2012-09-29 18:19 JB
- Todays search party did not find any sign of Hugo but there have been 2 possible sightings of a beagle, one in Freeby and one in Melton Mowbray so the search party is going to meet there tomorrow unless anything changes overnight. The family are having a BBQ now near to where he first went missing. So come on Hugo go and see what they are cooking for you.
- 2012-09-28 19:18 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Owners working very hard searching especially at dawn and dusk. Team Beagle are organising searches over the weekend, anyone who can join would be most welcomed starting from the Shoby area, time to be notified.
Update meeting tomorrow 10.30 fishing lakes on Hoby Road Last edited: 2012-09-28 21:38:47 by Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- 2012-09-28 01:33 JB
- Unfortunately no sign of Hugo yet. We heard from someone else that he saw Hugo on Sunday in his garden but couldn't catch him. This was very close to the same lakes but near to the local football club ground. The report of a sighting of a beagle in another nearby village turned out to possibly be that of one of two other beagles in the village. There will be an early morning search near the lakes so come on Hugo your mummy and daddy will be there for you with some nice breakfast.
- 2012-09-27 21:35 Owl
- JB and her beagle Tiga have been out searching for Hugo today so will leave them to report on a later sighting and where it was.
- 2012-09-27 20:42 Helen
- Hi i live in Syston near Queniborough and have shared on my fb. If you need help with anything please contact me good luck. Helen walmsley local driving instructor x
- 2012-09-27 12:45 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Thank you Riverlady.
- 2012-09-27 11:25 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-09-26 19:47 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Thank you JB. Breed experience can be invaluable.
- 2012-09-26 19:34 JB
- Looking at a map it doesn't look as if Frisby is too far from Queniborough. Can the friends that are looking after Hugo please keep something belonging to Hugo in a plastic bag and if there is a sighting I will come up with Tiga and see if we can track him. I suggest someone takes some food to the place he went missing from and sit and wait at dawn and dusk.
I would also suggest that the friends who are looking after Hugo join Beagle UK facebook page where there are lots of beagle owners who can give advice and help in the search to get Hugo back home. Lets hope we get Hugo back home soon. Come on Hugo show yourself.
- 2012-09-26 18:31 snowdrop - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Shared on Facebook, hope Hugo is found soon xx
- 2012-09-26 18:11 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Added to DogLost Leicestershire Facebook
DogLost Central Facebook
DogLost East Midlands and Warks Facebook
Plus my own personal Facebook page and other relevant local sites
Cross Posted to Team Beagle
- 2012-09-26 17:20 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Hugo was staying with owners friends who live in Shoby while they were on holiday. He escaped from the garden after taking fright. He is 2 years old and doesn't know the area as he lives in Queniborough.. He is wearing a brown collar with a tag with owners details on it.
He was seen at The Lakes in Frisby which is about 2 miles from Shoby on Sunday but was too frightened to go to anyone.
Info and advice sheets emailed and given general advice. Thanks for the Royal Mail help Jon.
Please stay safe until you are found HugoLast edited: 2012-09-26 17:22:13 by Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- 2012-09-26 16:50 Jon
- Sorry to here Hugo is missing, I have printed a set of your posters and will be sending them to the Royal Mail delivery office in Melton Mowbrey for the postmen in that area to keep their eyes and ears open, i will keep you updated.
- 2012-09-26 16:01 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in LE4,5,6,7,11,12,13,14.