Lost: Black And Tan Terrier Yorkshire Male In Central (B30)
- Dog ID 43360
- Status Lost
- Registered 26 Sep 2012
- Name LOUIE SIGHTED
- Breed Terrier Yorkshire
- Gender Male
- Age Adult
- Build Small
- Colour Black and Tan
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Age 2/3 years.
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 25 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Kings Norton, Birmingham.
- Lost In Region Central
- Lost In Post Area B30
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Louie escaped and headed towards Cotteridge, Kings Norton area. He is 2/3 years old. LATEST POSSIBLE SIGHTINGS Spring Coppice, Haden Hill Park and Codsall Coppice, Valley Road, Coppice Road, Timbertree Crescent, Trejon Road, Cradley Heath, Sandwell B64. PLEASE call the number below with any info. Thank you.
- Phone 1 07789 552720
- Phone 2 07871 619810
- Reward? YES
- Listed By Find Louie - Yorkshire Terrier, Bham
- Views 6003
- Followers 5
- See more dogs Lost in B30
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-06 16:43 lunajj36
- HI everyone all these were checked and not Louie, please be vigillant he IS SOMEWHERE and he wont come home without your help .... Louie has a facebook page where we can speak to you direct https://www.facebook.com/#!/Missinglouie?fref=ts
- 2013-03-30 17:28 shazza2677
- Pls check missing dogs in scotland on facebook, there is 1 found that is just like louie xx
- 2013-03-28 12:42 mathers22
- There's a found Yorkie in Central but doesn't say the sex. Found number 50476 x
- 2013-03-28 09:55 snorky
- http://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk/residents/pests_pollution_food_safety/animal_welfare/stray_and_abandoned_dogs/stray_dog_photographs.aspx There is a Yorkie at the bottom of the list on this website, please take a look as time is running out for this little boy to be reclaimed as he is up for rehoming on 4th April 2013. wishing you every success in your search xxx
- 2013-03-26 20:03 glossoplass
- 2013-03-26 19:52 millypod
2 yorkies on here good luck. will keep searching.x
- 2013-03-10 21:46 Ellie - Co-ordinator Leicestershire
- Met Louie's owner today doing a fantastic job at the Vets Get Scanning stand at Crufts and sincerely hope she gets the good news she deserves.
- 2013-03-10 18:30 PennyS
- A Yorkie has been found by Coventry City council, might be worth looking into?
- 2013-03-10 01:11 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
All days are on the above link.
- 2013-03-10 00:21 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
This is the link to CRUFTS catch up TV not watched it yet.
- 2013-03-10 00:06 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- It was great to spend time with owners of (TIA ID46845 & MAISIE ID46846), RAGS (Terrier Cross ID ID32420) and LOUIE today at CRUFTS who did fantastic talking while being filmed. Great to meet them all they are all doing a great job in their search and truly deserve to get their loved ones home. Good luck. x
- 2013-03-09 21:14 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Team Louie on Crufts coverage tonight. Well done guys.
- 2013-03-06 18:44 1951BONNY
- 49636 COULD BE A LOOKALIKE WILL LONGER FUR
- 2013-02-16 18:58 lunajj36
- thank you angelbum, did see this dog at the time and wasnt louie, keep looking, he only needs one person to spot and pass on info x
- 2013-02-03 22:22 angelbum
- 2012-12-19 00:59 lunajj36
- 12 loooooong weeks, please share, we are desperate for him to come home https://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Louie/402776473110189?ref=hl#!/photo.php?fbid=432405423480627&set=a.403459426375227.92974.402776473110189&type=1&theater¬if_t=photo_comment or a doglost poster .... christmas is 7 days away, jusy need him home x
- 2012-11-28 18:45 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks Millypod, have emailed owner to have a look.
- 2012-11-28 06:37 millypod
Can you please check the yorkie photo found in Blacon.
- 2012-11-24 12:09 janiejewel1649
- All xd.
- 2012-11-23 13:27 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I hope it brings some news
- 2012-11-22 20:52 lunajj36
- LOUIE is in the news .... http://www.b14news.co.uk/help-us-find-missing-louie-the-yorkshire-terrier/
- 2012-11-09 17:28 lunajj36
- THANK YOU Skippy, but not Louie, thank you for thinking of him, we have just notified all vets in staffordshire ..... very few phone calls depite over 10,000 posters ..... but we only need the one, the right 'one' call and Louie you will be home where your sorely missed x
- 2012-11-03 22:12 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Am trying to imagine what Louie looks like with a longer coat - apologies if this is miles off, but found yorkshire terrier on pets located website - found in CV6 postcode - there is a photo on the website:
Pets Located Reference: CV0002737
Male other medium-haired yorkshire terrier dog found in Hawkesbury Village (CV6) on 3rd November 2012
Approx Age: Young Dog
Main Colour: Other
Other Information: found by the pool at the back of Canalside.No collar.
- 2012-10-31 21:31 lunajj36
- thanks millypod, its not Louie, Louie's grandma was at the dogs home when this little one came in x
- 2012-10-30 18:05 millypod
Just seen this in coventry strays. Worth a look.x
- 2012-10-29 02:48 lunajj36
- Hi scooby5575 44387 is grey in colour, but THANK YOU for thinking of Louie. No confirmed news on found yorkie in kings norton. All vets in the west midlands and worcester now have louie's poster. As do all groomers that we know of within a 30mile radius of kings norton. Over 10,000 posters have been distributed, a newspaper notice and two listing on dogs today and agilitynet facebook pages, as well as louie's own page, it will be 5 weeks tomorrow ......
- 2012-10-26 07:23 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Yorkshire terrier listed on found pages ID 44387, Foundd in S36 area (100 miles away) but maybe worth ruling out theres no pic as yet.
- 2012-10-25 20:52 janiejewel1649
- All xd.
- 2012-10-25 14:13 Shereen
- fingers and paws crossed its Louie!
- 2012-10-25 09:19 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Call received of a YT found wandering in the Kings Norton area Sunday/Monday and the man said he was going to hand it into a rescue. Trying to find out more about this.
- 2012-10-25 01:25 lunajj36
- 1 month today ......
- 2012-10-23 13:42 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Gumtree dog not Louie.
- 2012-10-22 13:22 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks scooby5575. Owner is checking out this dog.
- 2012-10-22 12:43 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Copied and pasted from gumtree, No details other than small dog, maybe worth ruling out
FOUND SMALL DOG IN CHELMSLY WOOD AREA AT AROUND 11.30
Get email alerts
mike on 07709841714
small dog found running in the road in chelmsley wood area if u think this could be your dog please call 07709841714 for further details thanks
- 2012-10-16 16:25 lunajj36
- Louie is still missing and still maybe in cradley heath, the dog found is old and doesnt match up with the sightings we've had.
- 2012-10-15 17:43 Jayne - Head Office
- And if he scans him with his halo scanner that I sent to him last week...it will tell him its Louie....
- 2012-10-15 17:37 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks Jayne. Ray knows all about Louie so if it's him he will be in touch with the owner.
- 2012-10-15 17:33 Jayne - Head Office
- call to admin to say local co op had a notice up saying found black and tan dog...now with Ray Didicot.
- 2012-10-14 20:33 Bilbo's Mum
- Hi, is this dog still in Cradley area? It is Bearmore Playing Fields in Bearmore Road if it is. Not Beardmore. Hope that helps. Met his owner at Haden Hill last week,hopehe isfound soon, Will keep eyes open when up there tomorrow.
- 2012-10-13 19:44 lunajj36
- A dog matching Louie's description has been sighted in the last 2 days on and around Beardmore Playing Fields (other side of the railway), this dog is using the tunnel path. He mainly prefers to be out in the early evenings from 6pm and has been sighted early mornings from 6am to 8am. Thanks Sue for the extra alerts .... Thanks Owl,yes until those of us who know Louie can actually sight him, this maybe another lost Yorkie, so we need to keep looking everywhere AND track this little one down xxLast edited: 2012-10-13 20:24:49 by lunajj36
- 2012-10-13 08:12 janiejewel1649
- Can a trap be set to try and catch this elusive "Little Monkey"? Come on Louie get yourself seen, and caught. You owners desperately want you back NOW. Paws and fingers xd.
- 2012-10-13 05:41 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Alerts resent to
- 2012-10-12 22:19 Angelmort
- Bless them. Really hope they catch Louie soon. X
- 2012-10-12 20:26 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- My friend bumped into the owners today at Haden Hill Park. They have been camping out there for the past 2 nights.
- 2012-10-12 20:06 Owl
- Hope the yorkie running loose is caught soon. Would be great if it's Louie, but remember that until owners have seen him this can't be confirmed. So please everyone be alert on all fronts, check found sites, check for sale ads as well.
- 2012-10-12 15:16 lunajj36
- A dog VERY similar to Louie has been sighted on Valley Road, Coppice Road, Timbertree Crescent, Trejon Road, Cradley Heath, Sandwell B64. He was sighted last weekend, monday and tuesday, with owners being told they were 10 mins behind him. He is using Spring Coppice, Haden Hill Park and Codsall Coppice (sightings). The whole area has been postered, schools, dog/park wardens, surgeries, vets, railway. HOWEVER, he has gone to ground ..... we need another sighting!!!!! as nothing since tuesday.
- 2012-10-11 05:57 Aud40
- Any further sightings of Louie.x
- 2012-10-09 20:54 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks Bealgemum and well done guys on getting posters up so quickly.
- 2012-10-09 19:10 Beaglemum
- If I didn't spot Louie today I saw his double! I was just driving out of Chesterfield Close, West Heath onto the main West Heath Rd and I saw an elderly man perhaps 70'ish with a Yorkie that was so like him I had to do a double take. I couldn't stop on the main road but went up to the roundabout and turned around but by the time I got to the spot that I saw him there was no sign of him at all. I drove around the area for just under an hour even to the favourite walking area by the River Rea but nothing. I have alerted Rachael and also Sharon one of the main co-ordinators of the search and when I got back just 4 hours later the area had been postered.The sighting was at 11.45am so could be a regular walking time for him. Would be good if it was him and could be the old gent has acquired him unbeknown to the fact that he belongs to someone else or could be that it's not him and at least he could be ruled out.
- 2012-10-09 16:43 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Is this a recent photo of Louie, Only a yorkie has been found in salford - posted on 'dogs in salford' facebook page, has longer fur than this but is chipped to an address in Redditch apparently
Last edited: 2012-10-09 16:56:11 by Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- 2012-10-09 08:04 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Louie has a series of ads this week in the Birmingham Mail again.
- 2012-10-07 05:28 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks lunajj36, you guys are working so hard, I hope you get a result soon.
Louie is in the Sunday paper again today. Good luck.
- 2012-10-06 15:02 lunajj36
- Thanks Sue, for your chat today, all info has been passed on word for word
- 2012-10-06 14:08 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Team Louie are doing an amazing job. 5000 posters have been distributed already, everyone possible has been contacted and they are searching daily. However, there have been no sightings of Louie since the day he went missing when he was last seen heading up Middleton Hall Road in Cotteridge.
IF YOU LIVE IN THIS AREA DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO HAD RECENTLY ACQUIRED A YORKSHIRE TERRIER? IF YOU DO PLEASE CALL ONE OF THE NUMBERS ABOVE OR DOG LOST IN CONFIDENCE 0844 800 3220.
There is a reward for Louie's safe return.
- 2012-10-06 13:47 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Louie is also in the Birmingham Mail today.
- 2012-10-06 13:44 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Louie was clipped when he went missing but the second image now shows how he will look as his coat grows.
- 2012-10-03 03:25 lunajj36
- No visible sighting since day went missing, really hoping he is warm, but they see a poster and send him home very soon .....
- 2012-09-29 15:38 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- That's a shame. I hope someone has picked him up, keeping him safe and will see a poster soon.
- 2012-09-29 07:43 wensmum
- I haven't heard anything, so sadly have to assume it wasn't him. Louie has a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/groups/101764636583237/?ref=ts&fref=ts#!/pages/Find-Louie/402776473110189
- 2012-09-28 16:02 wensmum
- There is information about a dog similar to Louie, but the owner cannot get any further information until "this evening" - I so hope it is him. Meanwhile she is carrying on postering and contacting vets etc
- 2012-09-28 07:51 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Sorry there's no news yet on Loui, I'm seeing lots of his posters so I hope someone gets in touch soon with some news. And thanks for your help wensmum
- 2012-09-28 06:55 wensmum
- Owner has very limited internet access just now - she has been out postering surrounding area and following all your advice, very desperate to get her little lad safe home
- 2012-09-27 11:55 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Contact info update. First mobile is now the owners.
- 2012-09-27 10:00 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Tried to contact owner for an update but no reply.
- 2012-09-26 17:38 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-09-26 16:01 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Put on Facebook West Mids Shrops & Staffs
- 2012-09-26 15:50 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Poster also sent to the local Ambulance men who kindly look out for dogs in this area.
- 2012-09-26 15:49 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Sue.
- 2012-09-26 15:45 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Posters emailed to
- 2012-09-26 15:39 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Thanks for the photo, will get alerts out now
- 2012-09-26 13:52 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- No photo in admin. Owner please send again or directly to me
- 2012-09-26 10:54 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Photo has been sent to admin.
- 2012-09-26 10:32 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Owner needs to contact DW, poster asap. Contact the chip company. Put an ad in the paper. Check sites on the internet. Put flyers through letter boxes and hand them out in Cotteridge. Ask taxi drivers and the postman. Check in the railway station. poster shops.
- 2012-09-26 10:30 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Info and Advice sheet sent.
- 2012-09-26 10:18 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Couldn't get through to owner, went to answer machine, so left message to call me back.
- 2012-09-26 07:42
- Sorry to see that LOUIE SIGHTED is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.