Reunited: Red Fox/Golden Labrador Retriever Male
- Dog ID 43351
- Status Reunited
- Registered 25 Sep 2012
- Name OSCAR
- Breed Labrador Retriever
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Red fox/Golden
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars small black dot on his face.
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 24 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Darwen, Lancashire
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area BB3
- Date Found 01 Oct 2012
- Where Found Found wandering in a garden not far from where he was lost, after a wek long run around. A lovely cope manage to corner him, and contacted us. He has lost some weight but was so happy to see us.
- Found In Region North West
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited 01 Oct 2012
- Other Info Sighted in Belgrave road several times. Sighted on A666 road between Darwen and Bolton, and seen several times in and around Sunnyhurst Woods in Darwen. We don't live in darwen so Oscar will be scared and unfamiliar with the area. He runs away when people have approached him.
- Phone 1 01790 763881
- Phone 2 07799 143103
- Reward? CASH
- Listed By sharasp
- Views 2927
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-10-03 23:58 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- sharasp, I was over the moon to get the text while in work from Goldenfrodo (thank you) to say you were on your way to collect him. You and your family did an outstanding job and fantastic when the community come together and get the result we all love to see.
Great he has been checked over by the vet and is o.k. He will be like a shadow for a while and sleep for England. Look forward to seeing a REUNITED photo of your most handsome Oscar he is a celeb and had so many people looking out for him and sharing.
MANY THANKS to his finders and to everyone who helped in the search. WELCOME HOME Oscar sending you a massive big hug and cuddle. xxx
- 2012-10-03 06:47 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Welcome home Oscar, stay safe xx
- 2012-10-02 12:08 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Brilliant - so glad he's fit and well after his adventure! :) if you want to help - just make sure that in your profile settings at the top of the page, you have the box ticked to receive email alerts and the next time a dog is missing in your area, you will receive an alert!
Well done to the couple who cornered him for you and for those in the area who shared him and made him famous! Welcome home Oscar! :)xx
- 2012-10-02 11:46 sharasp
- Oscar has been to the vets, he's managed to come through his adventure almost unscathed, apart from a few little cuts and loss of weight. However with lots of TLC he will be right as rain. I told the vets all about this website and that it has been a godsend to us, and has helped us find him. I have made a donation to DogLost this morning, and am very willing to become a volunteer in my area, if I can help in any way at all. Thank you so much for all your help from the Aspden family, and Oscar xxxx
- 2012-10-02 09:52 Meru
- FANTASTIC NEWS! Welcome home Oscar - stay safe and close now lovely lad.
I always put a link on my FB page of any dog who goes missing in the North West area and ask people to share it on their page - it does help to spread the word and I love sharing the united ones with them as well :-)
- 2012-10-02 06:56 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Ah, so pleased for you and the family Sharron. I bet there wasn't a dry eye amongst you :)) Must feel like Christmas has come early? Hope your son makes a speedy recovery. Alison xx
- 2012-10-02 06:55 Dogs4eva
- So, so pleased you've got him back. Met you in Sunnyhurst woods on Sunday morning, whilst walking our dog. My husband and I were hoping to find him for you on that day, but with no luck. When I came home I placed his Doglost link on Facebook & have been checking in ever since...many congratulations to you all x
- 2012-10-02 00:23 sharasp
- We picked Oscar up from 2 lovely people in Darwen who had managed to corner him and trap him then put a lead on him, after he had given them the runaround in 4 gardens. He was so pleased to see us he howled and cried, no mistaking he was ours. He has lost some weight and has scoffed down anything given, but after a trip to the vets tomorrow, and lots of pampering and building up he will be back to his normal bouncy self. Words cannot express how grateful we are for all the help and support we have received. The lady who's husband found him said she had seen the DogLost link on facebook!! How fantastic is that!! The couple wouldn't accept a reward so I intend to donate it to DogLost, and sign me up to be a volunteer for my area definitely. Thank you so much from all of my family and me, and from Oscar too. I will post a reunited picture in a day or two. I can finally click the blue link :) xxxx
- 2012-10-01 23:23 angi
- so pleased this gorgeous boy has been found safe and well :) stay safe Oscar xx
- 2012-10-01 22:10 millypod
- Yes Kaz you tried to find him, which many of us would have liked to have done if we lived close by.x
- 2012-10-01 21:48 Karen ( springer rescue )
- Thankyou@ milly pod but I didn't really do anything other than tried to help find him.
- 2012-10-01 21:01 millypod
- Brilliant news, hope Oscar is ok. Well done to the finder and also to Kaz (springer rescue). Last edited: 2012-10-01 21:02:32 by millypod
- 2012-10-01 19:13 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- What fab news to get home to - so glad he's safe and sound! :)x
- 2012-10-01 18:19 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- YIPEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Well done to the finder! So pleased for you and your family Sharron. Please give Oscar a BIG hug from me. Now you can all get back to some normality eh?? Alison xxxxxx P.S Any chance of a reunited photo when you get a minute?
- 2012-10-01 16:47 mathers22
- Fantastic news have been watching for some good news and its come. Welcome home Oscar and stay safe. Xx
- 2012-10-01 16:21 ML
- Oh my goodness, I am so pleased for everyone involved! I have been refreshing his page to see if there was any news. Absolutely brilliant, stay safe now Oscar and can't wait to see a reunited photo! xxx
- 2012-10-01 16:18 Helen
- That's brilliant. So relieved for everybody concerned. What a worrying time it has been. xx
- 2012-10-01 15:47 Karen ( springer rescue )
- Absolutely fantstic news ......just got back from the woods no wonder i couldnt find him ;O)))))......so pleased he has been found.....give him a cuddle from me.....i was hoping i was able to do this for myself..
So So please for you all karen xxx
Last edited: 2012-10-01 15:48:18 by Karen ( springer rescue )
- 2012-10-01 15:35 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Absolutely fantstic news Sharron. I'm so,so pleased for you as you and your family have worked so hard to get your boy back and I know how upset you've all been.
I wont move him into Reunited section until you've actually got your arms around the lovely Oscar.
Please let us know asap as there are so many people on here that have been praying that he would be found safe. xxxxx
- 2012-10-01 15:27 sharasp
- AMAZING NEWS!!!! We have had a phone call to say Oscar has been found in someone's garden nearby, they are keeping hold of him and we are setting off to go and collect him, but it's definitely Oscar, they got our number from his collar!! YIPPEE!! Will update you when we've got him. Thank you all soooo much for your support xxxx
- 2012-10-01 12:38 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Good luck Karen! As he's been sighted near the bandstand a couple of times, it might be an idea to leave some food there. Also, dawn and dusk are normally the times when dogs on the loose venture out. Are you an early morning person :)) Fingers and paws all crossed here xx
- 2012-10-01 11:56 Karen ( springer rescue )
- Well im off too the woods....come on Oscar please show yourself are come and find me.
- 2012-10-01 10:53 labradorloopy
- Hi, I'm miles away but had a few thoughts which might help; have you sented a particular area he's been seen in? Somewhere safe, away from busy roads. Try leaving items of worn clothing, contents of your hoover bag, maybe a small amount of urine (sounds discusting, but apparently works!) Leave a blanket or his bed, with some smelly food - maybe sardines or tripe. Have you considered a trap with food inside ? Someone's probably already onto all of this (Karen most likely) but just wanted to say in case . Keep your spirits up. Doglost community and it's helpers will do everything they can to help you. Everyone on here loves dogs, we all understand what you're going through. Good luck. My labs are rooting for you to be reunited soon.
- 2012-10-01 09:21 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- I've been checking on here all weekend and I'm so sorry you havent found Oscar.
Thank you so much Karen for offering to help. Its great that you are local.
Please dont give up hope Sharron. Oscar WILL be reunited with you all.
Come on lovely boy, let somebody help you get back to your family.
I'll bump Oscars page due to sightings yesterday.Last edited: 2012-10-01 09:26:08 by goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- 2012-10-01 09:16 Karen ( springer rescue )
- I went to bed thinking of this little man and woke up thinking of him. Don't lose hope Hun......Everyone in the doggie world I know knows off Oscar we will find him, we just need Oscar to trust someone and go to them...I know you will be worried sick but its good you are getting sightings of him.
- 2012-10-01 08:45 sharasp
- Thank you for all of your support. Karen I will ring you later today, bless you so much for offering help. We are rapidly losing hope of getting our boy back as we can't be there daily to find him. We have put posters everywhere in the woods and surrounding streets in the hope he's found. My poor husband was so upset last night as we came home, I bought Oscar as a gift for him, and he went to work with him everyday. This site has been amazing for support, and once we get through this situation I intend to volunteer in my area to help others, as I now know how heartbreaking it is to lose your dog. I will keep watching here everyday x
- 2012-09-30 22:29 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Oh bless you Karen!! Hopefully Sharron will make contact with you xx
- 2012-09-30 22:09 Karen ( springer rescue )
- I can help.....I walk everyday in the woods and go past the bandstand and live 5mins away.
Contact no 07875714080Last edited: 2012-09-30 22:20:21 by Karen ( springer rescue )
- 2012-09-30 22:03 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- That's brilliant he's been seen Sharron. Please don't lose heart. It is going to take time and patience to gain his trust as they turn feral very quickly. Did you make contact with any local people who might be willing to set up a feeding station (perhaps near the bandstand)? Would the dog warden be prepared to set up a trap? He will more than likely shy away from people now, so he shouldn't be chased, nor should eye contact be made. Are you back at home now? A disposable barbecue might tempt him close, or even a favourite squeaky toy. I really feel for you as you live so far away from where he's been lost. Please, please, please can anyone local help Sharron and her family??
- 2012-09-30 21:03 sharasp
- Oscar has been sighted several times in and around Sunnyhurst Woods, last seen this morning near the bandstand in Sunnyhurst Woods. We spent all weekend looking for him, and have scoured the woods but haven't found him. We are devastated, he is a massive part of our family. So sad :(
- 2012-09-30 14:49 Karen ( springer rescue )
I've seen the posters in my area I live in the Belgrave area and walk daily in sunny hurst woods ...I've also shared the
Poster info on my Facebook page..
Fingers crossed.....and I will keep my @@ open for Oscar for you
Last edited: 2012-09-30 14:50:12 by Karen ( springer rescue )
- 2012-09-29 19:01 MeggieMoo
- Hi Sharron, it's Claire from NM's.....really wishing you all the best of luck this w/e looking for your babe!! Got everything crossed for you here!! Really wished I was anywhere near close to you to give you a hand!! xxx
- 2012-09-28 22:49 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Come on Oscar, show yourself tonight so your family can find you x
- 2012-09-28 09:26 sharasp
- Thank you Meru x
- 2012-09-28 09:15 Meru
- Have sent posters to my friend who lives near Sunnyhurst Woods
- 2012-09-27 22:03 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks sharasp for the email we are all behind you.
Thanks a million everyone for sharing his details. Come on Oscar we want to see you back home soon. x
- 2012-09-27 21:57 sharasp
- Thank you all so so much. I am praying I can click the found link very soon xx
- 2012-09-27 21:44 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Hope you don't think I was interfering - it's just that I still had the info saved on my computer.
Sharron - make sure to take some nice smelly food with you tomorrow - something like pilchards should do the trick x
- 2012-09-27 21:33 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Oscar's registered details on the AW site:
25 Sep 2012 Labrador
Location: Darwen BB3
Colour: Fox Red/Golden
Markings: tiny black dot on face
Our Ref: 44978
Contact Phone Number - 07799143103
- 2012-09-27 21:10 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Thanks for your help Alison. I was about to send Sharron the scenting instructions. I forgot to send them in my original email to her and then had to go out this afternoon.
Thanks for doing the posters Jan.
Good luck tomorrow Sharron xxx
- 2012-09-27 21:04 Majorjet (Jan) Area Co-ordinator Liverpool/Merseyside/North West Areas
- Thanks Alison for all your help greatly appreciated.
sharasp I am just doing various size posters and will email them to you a.s.a.p. along with the info advice email I normally send out and Scenting Instructions which Alison may have already sent to you. Will put share his details on fb. Keep up the great work, the posters will bring sightings in. x
- 2012-09-27 21:00 sharasp
- Thank you so much for the info Alison, I will hoover the house tomorrow before my boys and I set off to help search tomorrow night, and we will drink LOTS to fill those bottles to leave our scent. Great ideas, thank you again. Really hope we find our boy xx
- 2012-09-27 20:54 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Good luck with your search tomorrow Sharron. Now you have the scenting instructions, you can go armed with a plentiful supply!! Really hope you find your gorgeous boy. Alison x
- 2012-09-27 20:18 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- If you don't want to put your email address on here, you can text it to me 07879 261993 x
- 2012-09-27 20:07 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Sounds like admin haven't emailed you the scenting instructions yet? If you can let me have your email address I could send them to you, as there's more to it than just the vacuum cleaner contents......
- 2012-09-27 18:38 sharasp
- That's a great idea about the vacuum cleaner, I will try that. Thank you so much for your help xx
- 2012-09-27 18:06 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Sorry if this has already been suggested, but have you scented in the area where he was last seen (i.e. the woods)? Also worth emptying the contents of your vacuum cleaner bag/cylinder there, as familiar smells will help keep him in the area. Hope you get some good news soon xx
- 2012-09-27 13:32 sharasp
- Thank you all so much, I spoke to Earnshaw Riding school the other day as they had found a labrador wandering, but it wasn't Oscar, it was a neighbours dog. Ive just spoken to Glencoe kennels in Oswaldtwistle, and although they wouldn't take him if dog warden picked him up she said that she had heard about him, which is fantastic as it means more chance of getting him home. Thank you so much, this site is a godsend x
- 2012-09-27 13:19 Helen
- Have also just found a Riding School at Earnsdale Farm very close to the woods so have emailed them with a link to his poster too.
- 2012-09-27 13:14 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- I'll also advertise him asap in the Countryman's Weekly, will be a few weeks though before publication.
- 2012-09-27 13:09 Helen
- Hope Oscar is found really soon. Sounds like you've probably already done so but I've just emailed a link to Oscars poster to Carr Hall Cattery and Kennels and Darwen Golf Course and asked them if they could spread the word or even display his poster.
Wish I was closer so that I could help 'on the ground'.
Hope he is found really soon. I can see that he is very much loved and missed.
- 2012-09-27 12:56 sharasp
- I've left details with every animal sanctuary, pet rescue place around Darwen and Bolton area, vets, local businesses, pet shops, you name it! Just praying he's found
- 2012-09-27 12:32 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- Owner has contacted me. The family are devastated. They live in Lincolnshire. Husband was working in Darwen and Oscar goes to work with him.
He's still postering and looking out for him but could really do with local help, please.
The rest of the family are going tomorrow to look for Oscar.
If not found, he'll be going in the Newspaper on Monday.
Hoping and praying that this lovely boy is found before then.
- 2012-09-27 12:28 sharasp
- Still no sightings, please keep looking. Come home Oscar, we miss you so much :(
- 2012-09-27 10:53 goldenfrodo, Area Co-ordinator Wales and NW
- I'll contact owner to try to help.
Hope Oscar is found very soon.
- 2012-09-26 18:19 sharasp
- Possible sighting on Nancy Street Darwen, if you live near here please keep a look out. Thank you
- 2012-09-26 18:08 sharasp
- Come home Oscar, we miss you so much :( Does anyone have any fresh idea on how to search/find our dog? Ive tried radio, websites, we are postering this weekend, my children and I are going to help with the search (as we don't live where Oscar was lost), Ive posted on every website I can think of, rung pet shops, vets, rescue centres. What else can we do??? My hubby has been searching daily and has left food and a jacket of his where Oscar was last spotted. If anyone has any tips we would really appreciate it. Thank you.
- 2012-09-26 16:51 sharasp
- Hi, I spoke to the lady at North West Lab rescue this morning, and she offered to let us use the trap. We just don't know where he is, he hasn't been seen all day today. My husband has walked for miles through Sunnyhurst Woods, and Tockholes area but no sign of him. We are so upset, it's just awful to think he's out there alone, and cold. Please keep looking, thank you for any help.
- 2012-09-26 16:15 JeffandAlfsmummy
- If you contact the North West Lab Rescue they may have a trap that you can borrow. I know they have just used one to catch a lab that escaped in Eccleston.
- 2012-09-26 12:11 sharasp
- If anyone sees Oscar, please try not to call him as he has been running from anyone who calls his name. Please please ring the number listed or 07799143103 or the dog warden and explain where he was seen. Last sighted on 25th Sept in Sunnyhurst Woods.
- 2012-09-26 07:05 Cat
- You may have already done so, but if not, it is worth contacting North West Labrador Rescue. They are based in Eccleston, near Chorley. I know they are often a point of contact if a lab is found. Thinking of you at this worrying time xx
- 2012-09-25 22:10 sharasp
- Please look out for our Oscar. We miss him terribly, my husband has been out searching with family for the last 2 days. If you find him please let us know, or report where youve seen him to the dog warden or our contact numbers. Our children desperately want their boy back. Reward offered. Last seen near Sunnyhurst Woods, Darwen.
- 2012-09-25 19:58 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in BB1,2,3,4,5. BL 7,8. PR 5,6.