Reunited: Collie Cross Female
- Dog ID 43255
- Status Reunited
- Registered 22 Sep 2012
- Name IZZY
- Breed Collie Cross
- Gender Female
- Operation Spayed
- Age Young Adult
- Build Medium
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 22 Sep 2012
- Where Lost our property in Pangbourne.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area RG8
- Date Found 23 Sep 2012
- Where Found Maidenhatch Stud RG8 8HL
- Found In Region South East
- Found In Post Area RG8
- Date Reunited 23 Sep 2012
- Other Info We found her, wet, hungry, anxious, but she came running to me with a kiss and cuddle!! Thank you to everyone who called to let us know of your sightings and to all those folk and their woofies who have been pounding the woods and streets looking for Izzy!
- Phone 1 07745560255
- Phone 2 07760161491
- Reward? Yes
- Listed By Jennifer Holmes
- Views 827
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-09-24 22:45 NB
- Happy second night home Izzy :D
Lovely to see you all today. I have now moved the boat to Purley/Mapledurham but will be in Pangbourne and Sulham woods regularly and really look forward to seeing you again along with the blossoming Izzy x
- 2012-09-24 20:30 Nadine Widdows
- YYYAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! So happy... can't wait to come and introduce our doglets to Izzy... whoop whoop! Welcome home Izzy. x
- 2012-09-24 19:17 Jennifer Holmes
- Hi everyone, Bo, Izzy and I did a lot of walking today, getting to know each other a bit better and taking down posters, updating the shops in Pangbourne who had them in their windows for us. We also went to the vet to register Izzy and for a post-expedition check-up, and she said Izzy is very healthy and her feet look fine. This morning, we visited our new friend from Dog Lost, Nicola (NB) at Pangbourne Meadows where her boat is currently moored, and we bumped into her again this afternoon. We also met up with lots of dog walking friends and new friends we've made during these past two days when walking in the fields behind The Moors. Izzy had a good play with the other 4-leggeds. I'll post some new pictures online tomorrow. She is really settling in well, lots of kisses and cuddles, and there are moments when she comes out of her facade, showing us the playful Izzy she can be, before she shuts down again. The fence man is coming to have a look at our property on Wednesday, and my husband has ordered a 5-mile range GPS collar for Izzy as well. So, it's all good news from Cedar Drive then. Xxx
- 2012-09-24 10:54 Zeus
- Great News :)
- 2012-09-24 09:20 NB
- Just had a lovely surprise visit from Jennifer and the very pretty, happy and relaxed Izzy!
Lovely to see her for real and not looking out from a lost dog poster :)
Great idea about adding a temporary "Found" notice to the posters LYDNSYD. I always wonder about the outcome too.
- 2012-09-24 08:54 LYDNSYD
- Izzy - I hope you had a lovely nights sleep - I know your New Mummy & Daddy will have had! Jennifer - your account of how she was found brought tears to my eye's. After all our searching who would have thought she would go in that direction! Well Done Dog Lost as without your site Izzy could have still been out in the Cold & Wet. I will happily take down the Posters Tomorrow but for Today I'm going to Add A FOUND Notice to them & direct them to the DOGLOST site so they can see Jennifer's account of how Izzy was found!! It is probably Me butI hate it when I see LOST Posters and they suddenly dissapear without any explanation!
- 2012-09-23 22:46 Shereen
- Woo hooo what a brilliant result!!! WELL DONE and lovely she came to you like that!....I was so worrie when I heard about the area and was planning to bring the trap tomorrow to help...sounds like she was covering a fair bit of ground but you done the right thing in the first place and got loads of posters out there.!
Thanks for the call earlier LYDNSYD with the brilliant news :)
Welcome HOME Izzy...stay very safe now .Xxx
- 2012-09-23 21:37 jobadger
- Me too, Tobys Mum. I'm so very pleased she's home - how lovely that she came to you - you're very special people. Have a long and happy life gorgeous. xx
- 2012-09-23 21:21 Tobys Mum
- Wonderful news!! Have been following her story on Many Tears and am so glad she has a wonderful new family. Stay safe lovely xx
- 2012-09-23 20:08 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- I am SO pleased. so is a very pretty girl and I am so pleased she has found a lovely home after what she has been through. xx
- 2012-09-23 20:06 mathers22
- Beautiful dog so pleased she has been found safe and unharmed. Well done everyone xx
- 2012-09-23 19:33 NB
- What a wonderful reunion story. Thanks for updating!
It's great that she was happy to come up to you like that after only knowing you for such a short time. Bodes very well for a long and happy friendship. Talk about strong early bonding! It's great to find out how it all happened and to know that she is uninjured and safe at home again.
- 2012-09-23 19:32 janiejewel1649
- So pleased for you Jennifer. Stay safe now Izzy:-)
- 2012-09-23 19:21 Jennifer Holmes
- Hi everyone, I received a call from a lady to say that her mum had spotted Izzy at Maidenhatch Stud on the (private) bridge over the M4 leading to the stud. The stud is near Pangbourne College / Bere Court Road - http://www.streetmap.co.uk/place/Maidenhatch_in_West_Berkshire_572611_285611.htm. We headed off again, expecting another disappointment as she has been running non-stop today and was always a field ahead of us, but there she was. Hiding behing the bridge. We stopped the car, and I climbed out, on my knees with a big "Izzy, here" and my arms wide open, and she ran up to me. She was happy to jump in the car with Bo (our blue merle collie X) and some treats, and we brought her home. Other than a small scratch on her face and a rather wet, smelly coat, she is in perfect condition - even the pads of her paws look fabulous. We've dried her off, fed her a small amount of food, she has drunk a load of water, and is content being home. Considering the events of the past 2 days, we have a calm, happy little girl. How jammy is that!!! THANK YOU everyone. We couldn't have done this without all you lovely people!
- 2012-09-23 19:04 AnnieSparky
- Fantastic news, am so pleased Izzy is home safe and sound xx
- 2012-09-23 18:55 millypod
- Brilliant news, stay safe pretty girl.xx
- 2012-09-23 18:35 LYDNSYD
- We are sooo happy for you and of course Izzy --it is the best news ever! When you get a chance I'm sure there are lots of people on here wanting to know how she was found. Once the dust has settled and you have caught up with some sleep -it would be nice to see a Reunited Photo. No more escaping Izzy & enjoy your lovely new family. xxx
- 2012-09-23 18:34 NB
- Just posted at the same time!
CONGRATULATIONS Jennifer and family! You must be so happy. Look forward to meeting you again (with Izzy this time!)
- 2012-09-23 18:31 NB
- Just had a text from Jennifer - Izzy has been found and caught and is safely on her way back home! Am sure they will update themselves soon. So relieved and happy for all involved. Big Hurrah's all round!! :)
- 2012-09-23 18:30 Jennifer Holmes
- IZZY IS HOME!!!!
- 2012-09-23 18:15 Shereen
- Hi jennifer could you try and call me....I'm here for a while. If I don't answer I'll be back at 8pm
- 2012-09-23 14:01 NB
- Have phoned and emailed all dog related businesses I can find in the Pangbourne/Sulham/Tilehusrt/Calcot areas (grooming, walking, boarding services etc). Everyone I have spoken to has been very supportive and said they will spread the word as well as looking out for her themselves. Many warm wishes and, more importantly, more eyes and ears on alert to help get Izzy home soon.
GREAT news that the farmers have seen and fed her :) Fingers crossed she turns up there again tonight. Last edited: 2012-09-23 14:06:44 by NB
- 2012-09-23 13:30 Jennifer Holmes
- Hi all. Following the earlier siting in the garden of 20 Beech Road Purley, we received calls and were stopped by walkers and drivers who had seen Izzy back near Sulham Hill Road and Moor Copse Farm (where she was first ever spotted). We kept missing her, but spoke to the teenage son of the owners of Moor Copse Farm who said that his parents fed Izzy last night. We have exchanged telephone numbers as I reckon Izzy will head back there this evening for another meal. Been quiet for about an hour, but we'll head out mid-afternoon for another look. Apparently, dog is very dirty and wet - it's pretty miserable outdoor weather. Thanks to everyone for the calls, text messages etc.
- 2012-09-23 11:07 LYDNSYD
- UPDATE.... 11am ... Izzy has just been spotted in a Garden in Beech Road Purley Rise near to the The Cricket Ground .She ran off again but this backs on to Sulham Woods ..am off to help look for her.Last edited: 2012-09-23 11:18:11 by LYDNSYD
- 2012-09-23 09:14 NB
- Have just spoken with Jennifer and Izzy has been spotted in the fields near their house! Going there now to help look.
- 2012-09-23 09:14 LYDNSYD
- Got to be quick ..just had a sighting 0900hrs of Izzy in fields at the bottom of Flowers Hill ( across the road ) got to rush ...any helpers available would be great
- 2012-09-23 08:21 Jennifer Holmes
- Hi everyone, Thank you so much for all your support. No sightings last night when we cycled down Nunhide Lane (from Sulham House to Sainsbury's) and walked along footpaths around Moor Copse, and no evidence she was anywhere near our home overnight - her bedding and food were both untouched. There were motorbikes driving around private forests adjacent to Sulham Lane/Hill last night around 21h00, and then fireworks started, so Izzy will be very frightened. We have contacted the West Berks and Reading Borough Dog Wardens and sent details to Honey Bottom Kennels in Abingdon. Local NHW Coordinators have e-mailed Izzy's poster to residents in Cedar Drive, Flowers Hill, Courtlands Drive and Green Lane, and we did a house-to-house leaflet drop in Bere Court Road and the High Street in Tidmarsh. Shereen's comments re eye contact with Izzy are really valid. Even in a relatively calm state, she does not like eye contact. Izzy is wearing a pink "go walk" collar with a small gold tag on it (belonging to my cat, so it says "Tinkerbell", but has my mobile number engraved). She looks very much like a large fox. The photos here show her winter coat, and make her look a little chunky when she is actually quite thin. She is larger than a collie, and you can see the mountain dog features in her face, feet and coat. Should you get close enough to be able to touch her, a very distingiushing marker is the double rear hind dew claws on the right. Husband and children are currently at Hogmoor Copse (entrance on A340 by the M4) looking for her. I'll head from Nunhide Lane down to Moor Copse when they return. Izzy is CRAZY about little dogs - terriers, westies, jack russels etc. She loves a good play, and little dogs are her favourite. Let's hope we find her safely today. Thanks again everyone. We really appreciate your help.
- 2012-09-23 00:38 Shereen
- Owners...LYDNSYD has my home number but if you cant contact me on that you can get my mobile from Doglost Head office 0844 800 3220 or Nadine or LYDNSYD.As Izzy is new in her home and if you see her use a VERY GENTLE approach...get low to the floor with no eye contact,even turn your back to her so you are not a threat...no voice or very gentle voice...offer food on the floor and back away...take a slip lead and if the oportunity arises and you can get her feeding close enough offer her food through the 'noose' of the slip lead....slowly and carefully this will take patience...take your time,dont break her trust... if you get the chance..offer her food beside the loop then through the loop,beside the loop then through the loop...eventually... to get her whole head through the loop of the slip lead ,and well over her ears/Neck you can only then tighten the lead in a swift movement keeping lead tight not giving her the chance to get free....please dont pannic and KEEP CALM...she will know if you are desperate!...DO NOT CHASE!!! We DONT WANT HER GETTING NEAR THE MOTORWAY and dont want her being scared out of the area she is already using...PLEASE CALL ME ASAP for more advice...Im hoping to be able to come and help as soon as I can but in the meantime NADINE and LYDNSYD have my numbers and will help you...count on them posters and walkers to bring in any sightings.
- 2012-09-22 20:00 NB
- I am local to this area and will get hold of BBOWT who run the nature reserve and the people who farm the fields around there. It is scary that she's so close to the motorway but thankfully unlikely that she will go near it as it is SO busy and noisy and there are lots of safe woods and hedges for her to hide in there rather than venturing near the road.
Will be able to put leaflets through doors and help look for Izzy tomorrow. Sending much love to her and her family in the meantime...
- 2012-09-22 19:24 LYDNSYD
- Jennifer has just had a sighting called in. Izzy was seen at Moors Copse, Tidmarsh at 2pm She was running scared and ran into a field with horses near there. Moors Copse is a Nature Reserve just along from the Church in Tidmarsh and just adjacent to the M4 flyover! Jennifer & family are out there now searching. It is a really big area - just hope she stays there and away from the M4. At least we can concentrate on an area to search tomorrow. There is plenty of water & wildlife around to sustain her. Any helpers would be appreciated ...she is terrified of Men!
- 2012-09-22 19:04 LYDNSYD
- I've just got back from postering Sulham Woods and will help with postering tomorrow. Keep Izzy's page updated with any sightings etc. and also roughly where you have postered so that other willing helpers don't double up on posters. The Dog Warden you reported her missing to today will be the W/E Out of Hours Warden so on Monday give them another call. I know you have only just rescued her but if you can do some scenting (i.e hoover bag contents etc) ASAP just incase she is holed up near by and tries to get back to you. Scared dogs tend to move around between Dusk & Dawn when it is quiet.Leave you gate open and some bedding outside tonight. I've got everything crossed Lydia
- 2012-09-22 19:03 Nadine Widdows
- Jennifer, lovely to speak with you... You are doing all the right things to get Izzy home... I am sure she is doing her best to get home. Volunteers, Izzy has only been with her new family for 24 hours and they are desperate to get her back home, she has had a very traumatic start to her life. My dogs, treats and I will be out in the morning searching if this fur-baby isnt home by then. x
- 2012-09-22 18:43 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- She is a lovely dog, saw her on the Many Tears webiste.
- 2012-09-22 18:06 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in RG1,2,,30,31,4,7,8,9,18,19,20.