Lost: Grey With Brown Flecks Cross Breed Female In South East (RG4)
- Dog ID 43232
- Status Lost
- Registered 21 Sep 2012
- Name NIKKI
- Breed Cross Breed
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Small
- Colour grey with brown flecks
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Raccoon dog .Has the face of a raccoon and a body similar to a badger.She is a primal form of a dog
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 07 Sep 2012
- Where Lost from Grove road,Sonning common.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area RG4
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 07973510673
- Phone 2 01189722718
- Reward? £100
- Listed By diana
- Views 1389
- See more dogs Lost in RG4
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-10-09 13:56 Abbe
- can anyone reading this go on change.org Protection4Animals and sign their petition trying to help raccoon dogs in China. Thanx
- 2012-10-08 21:22 pixies peeps
- There is a video of the two found in wales on http://www.rspca.org.uk websiteLast edited: 2012-10-08 21:23:05 by pixies peeps
- 2012-10-08 17:10 Shereen
- Thanks Vicky ill contact owner...very interesting!
- 2012-10-08 16:41 Vikki
- I've just seen this on the news, I know it's in Wales so probably not Nikki but thought I should post this just in case - http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/08/raccoon-dogs-brecon-mid-wales-rspca-_n_1947487.html
- 2012-09-24 21:11 Merlintrude
- Any sightings of this girl yet?
- 2012-09-23 07:55 PuliParent
- My husband works at The Herb Farm in Sonning Common, which is very close and has land surrounding, so is on the look out & has put up a poster too. Hope that helps & good luck on finding her.
- 2012-09-22 23:02 Merlintrude
- If Nikki is nocturnal and is an animal that can climb trees then it occurs to me that she may hide during the day. Just for info how did this girl escape ?? On the info says that they can live on other ie voles, grouse, fish as well as foraging for fruit. I hope that farmers, gamekeepers etc are also notified . Owner, please ensure you are alerting as many people and organisations as necessary as I feel this is an exotic pet rather than a missing dog (which is difficult enough) and I believe you need to reaally work hard with this one ie maybe out searching during the night hours.
- 2012-09-22 11:05 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- just been researching the breed - it says they can climb trees easily, like to eat fruit and veg and tend to be found near water so searchers need to be looking not just on the ground as with a traditional pet dog
- 2012-09-22 09:46 Jayne - Head Office
- Yes Merlintrude owner says people may have seen her but thought she was a badger or something so its vital to get the posters up to alert people.
- 2012-09-22 09:31 Merlintrude
- I hope Nikki is found soon. She is VERY unusual and it made me think that perhaps if she is seen that people may mistake her for some form of wild animal rather than a dog due to her appearance and the sounds she makes ?? Just a thought but may be worth getting posters in to the police and any wildlife parks around the area in case calls are made to them, as if caught I wonder if she would be scanned for a chip??? Could the local paper be contacted to help alert people ?
- 2012-09-21 18:51 Shereen
- Nikki is a nocturnal animal....she escaped from home and there has been no sightings of her since her dissapearence....I have been talking to owner regarding scenting which she is going to try....
She would make like a hooting sound if calling or a kind if hiss with back arched and walk backwards if feeling threatened.
Serena try calling owner to offer help...Nikki isnt likely to come to a stranger so if sighted call owner ASAP
Owners printer broke during try to get posters done so if anyone can help with printing would be good....
I have done 10 ill put them up tomorrow afternoon sometime.
- 2012-09-21 18:33 Serena
- This is close to home: I live in the next street from where this dog is missing. Any info about precisely where she disappeared would be useful. If the owner needs help searching locally please let me know, I must be all of 2 minutes' walk away.
- 2012-09-21 18:22 Shereen
- on phone to owner now
- 2012-09-21 17:00 Jayne - Head Office
- Gosh owner...can see why you described the dog as being a Raccoon. Alerts sent out to helpers in RG 1,2,30,31,4,5,6,7,8,9.
- 2012-09-21 16:32 Jayne - Head Office
- Photos on their way...
- 2012-09-21 16:07
- Sorry to see that NIKKI is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.