Lost: Liver And White Spaniel English Springer Male In Scotland (DD8)
- Dog ID 43211
- Status Lost
- Registered 20 Sep 2012
- Name RILEY STILL MISSING
- Breed Spaniel English Springer
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour liver and white
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged No
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 19 Sep 2012
- Where Lost On walk toward loch brandy in glen clova, scotland. we have had no sightings or news about riley since he went missing.
- Lost In Region Scotland
- Lost In Post Area DD8
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 07890996489
- Phone 2 01356626782
- Reward? yes
- Listed By sharon2806
- Views 3870
- Followers 3
- See more dogs Lost in DD8
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-20 09:14 tribalclaire
- there is a dog found in north east no pic dog 51413
- 2013-04-10 21:40 Sianlou
- Basil's Dog ID 44942
- 2013-04-10 21:38 Sianlou
- A post on lost SS dog Basil's page says a dog was found in Braemar?? Is that near?
- 2013-03-28 21:05 ASBO_twins
- Found springers in Staffs https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=491656557538111&set=a.200882453282191.43083.146767378693699&type=1&theater
- 2013-02-19 16:18 Jojo
- 2012-11-04 10:20 sharon2806
- Hello Jon, thanks for the post sadly its not our wee man.
- 2012-11-02 15:10 Michelleand Jon
- Hi Sharon, have you seen the found springer ID 44639 I cannot tell from the photo properly but you would know if its your Riley.
- 2012-10-28 00:32 Fluffylegs
- sorry your Riley is still missing. For others reading this, if you look at the map it gives a better picture of the remoteness as it goes over to Glen Doll, no villages although people would be around as shooting season. Come on Riley please be found.
- 2012-10-27 13:59 maddogs
- I hate to mention it but are there any old mines or ravines in the area where he could have fallen? Wishing you a happy outcome soon!!
- 2012-10-18 12:09 Bessie-May
- Sharon, all of us from SpringThing are hoping and praying that your Riley's home soon. xx
- 2012-10-17 17:26 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- Riley is still missing. If anyone has seen anything or knows anything, please let the owner know or email/call Doglost.
- 2012-10-17 00:16 Fluffylegs
- So sorry your little lad is still missing, nearly a month.
Dogs do travel far, so postering further afield wldnt go amiss, even tho you have already done such a lot, keeping the memory alive is still important and keep checking pounds and rescues and dog wardens......come home little lad or be found...
- 2012-10-13 15:10 Fluffylegs
- I have just posted on 'Its spring thing' to ask people in scotland as there are a few , to make contact on here in case they know the area have contacts etc.
I wonder what you have done so far, ie postering where you have contacted as can spend an hour or so this pm e mailing poster to relevant places...as dont want to duplicate but made a list last night.....My Riley sez Come on home !!!!
- 2012-10-11 14:22 sharon2806
- Still no news about Riley, thanks fluffylegs any help would be appreciated. Our wee man's nickname was fluffy breeks !!! 23 days now he has been gone :(
- 2012-10-11 01:03 Fluffylegs
- Just looked on web site for the walk..hotel at the start.Dont want to interfere inappropriately but as featured on spring thing web site wld like to help if required as there are many things people from afar can do like e mailing etc. Would this be helpful??
- 2012-10-11 00:37 Fluffylegs
- Forgot to say your Riley has been featured on ITS A SPRING THING forum....quite a lot of followers in scotland
- 2012-10-11 00:36 Fluffylegs
- I have a Riley springer and so sorry your boy is missing, especially with no sitings.
Suggest an ad in countryman weekly as the shooting season has begun and this may a route to pursue also in fishing shops etc.....maybe he has been picked up as dont know where you are near but maybe he is fending for himself as plenty of rabbits etc but people out there amy not have spotted him but not sure where he was from...maybe get posters out to country estates and find out who manages the land.good luck with this little sweety. My Riley sez come on scots Riley please be found!!!!!
- 2012-10-08 08:50 reggiemollieros
- I have shared on twitter. Quite a few Scottish followers. I hope you get some good news soon x
- 2012-10-07 22:52 Michelleand Jon
- Have shared his details on my facebook wall and my Oscar's group page. Stay positive and keep up the good work postering. It was a few weeks before I heard of any sightings of my Oscar. As hard as it is try not to loose hope quickly, you need to get the word out about Riley to anyone who will listen and take notice. Good Luck and hurry home Riley. Michelle Oscar's mum (Cornwall)
- 2012-10-06 22:48 bazil
- Sorry to read Riley is still missing. Hoping he is found safe and is home very very soon x
- 2012-10-05 17:34 sharon2806
- we keep checking here everyday, yes gypsy we have him in adtrader now aswell thanks x
- 2012-10-03 19:36 Gypsy
- Keep checking this page hoping to find this lovely boy in the blue. Sharon have you tried advertising him in the Scottish adtrader? Wishing you lots of luck x
- 2012-09-27 08:31 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- I have been in contact with this wee dog's owners several times and there has been no news - nothing to report. Checked the dog on Gumtree when owners mentioned it, and it had different markings.Also checked out yesterday a male springer found down on the Scottish borders, who I was alerted about from Arthurshiell rescue, but it is a black and white boy so not the same dog.
- 2012-09-27 01:37 sharon2806
- Hi everyone and thanks for taking the time to view our wee man. Unfortunatly after our own people/ poster appeal and local paper running the story we have had only one call,which lead us to the coast and 100 miles away from where he was lost.
The only other positive is that after we posted him on gum tree as missing we had a call to tell us of a suspicuious ad which appeared saying only " dog for sale £300" and looked like our springer. This ad is no longer on the web site and we have contacted the police. So after one week we still wait and hope.
Thanks for everyone who reads and posts very much appreciated.
Sharon & Richard
- 2012-09-26 21:50 jollyloluk
- couple of spaniels on strayaction.com
- 2012-09-26 20:33 Carol
- I noticed this hasnt been update for 5 days and just wondered if there is any news.
Ive added him to my Facebook page just incase, ill keep my gers crossed for you.
- 2012-09-21 10:16 Sable -Co-ordinator Scotland
- Owners are doing everything possible to find this dog.
- 2012-09-21 08:56 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in DD8,9,10,11.
- 2012-09-20 20:53
- Sorry to see that RILEY STILL MISSING is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.