Lost: White Chihuahua Male In South East (SS7)
- Dog ID 43210
- Status Lost
- Registered 20 Sep 2012
- Name COBY STOLEN
- Breed Chihuahua
- Gender Male
- Age Young Adult
- Build Small
- Colour White
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged No
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 20 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Church Road, Benfleet
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area SS7
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Coby is a very distinctive white long haired chihuahua wearing a black collar with jewels. He disappeared last Thursday from home on Church Road in Benfleet. I am offering a £100 reward for anyone who can get him a safe return. Coby was STOLEN and was advertised the same day on pets4homes.co.uk. He was re-sold in Nottingham.
- Phone 1 07960652600
- Phone 2
- Reward? £100
- Listed By Gary
- Views 2215
- See more dogs Lost in SS7
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-04-05 01:58 Liz000
- Please check http://m.gumtree.com/chihuahua/v?adId=1014276000
- 2012-11-12 21:46 lisa boyes
- can someone check out the dog on tinks the staffy Facebook site there is a dog that looks like coby for sale might be worth a look x
- 2012-10-29 20:15 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Okay, Gary that is fine. So he was sold when she was at Sittingbourne. Thank you. x
- 2012-10-22 16:26 Gary
- He was re-sold from Sittingbourne in Kent as this is where the advert was posted from but we cannot be 100% sure, but as you know, a chihuahua that's sold in one county could end up anywhere around the country.
- 2012-10-17 21:19 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Thank you Gary. Are you sure he was re-sold IN Nottingham, or before she moved to Nottingham? Thanks.
- 2012-10-16 20:10 Gary
- My apologies. I have had to work away. I have now replied to the email from admin@doglost. Marie-Ann has since moved to Nottingham and is now advertising from the following address (advertising from this address on Pets Locally):
57 Manton Villas
We believe Coby was sold from her old address in Sittingbourne, Kent from the advert on 20th October 2012. The man's name is Neil.
- 2012-10-15 13:37 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Gary, we are texting and emailing you, please contact us back as we are trying to help. Even though Coby is not chipped, you can probably prove he is yours and there are ways of getting him back despite what this woman claims is her right. Theft is not right. x
- 2012-10-09 19:49 Gary
- Hi C.J. My email address is email@example.com.
- 2012-10-09 19:16 Julie
- What an absolutely horrendous and upsetting story. I would badger the police hour after hour they should be doing something about helping you and getting your dog back having been stolen in this way and you seem to have plenty of information for them to go on. Don't take no for an answer I will be thinking of you and hoping you are soon reunited with your lovely dog. Julie x
- 2012-10-09 19:04 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Alerted Gary to this CJ. Thank you x
- 2012-10-09 18:09 C.J. - POLICE CONTACT CO-ORDINATOR
- GARY URGENT
I have sent a list of things i need in order to give best advice, I have used the email on site- it is being returned saying it is spam.
do you have another email i can use?? There is a lot to send so too much to text. CJ
send to firstname.lastname@example.org if you d not want to post it on here.
- 2012-10-09 13:19 Pookie
- I agree with Johnson, I cant believe this, I would also approach the national newspapers and see if any them will publish this story, I hope you get him back
- 2012-10-09 13:15 Johnson
- I am so sorry to read about Coby. It sounds like you have some info on this woman. If the police aren't interested, it's just a thought but have you considered approaching, 'Watchdog'on the BBC? It's the kind of story they just might take up especially on their, 'Rogue Trader' section. Good luck and I am sure you will find your little furball.
- 2012-10-09 11:26 Gary
- Hi mallyboo. The dog on their website IS Coby. The woman has admitted seizing him then re-selling him.
We have a crime reference number, but the police said they would not investigate.
- 2012-10-09 10:06 mallyboo
- I have just been looking at the Gabriels Belle website, and it has a photo of a dog that looks just like Coby on it, or is it just me having wishful thinking. Surely the police have to be interested.
- 2012-10-09 06:05 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Uploaded the second pic to slot one. showing black on listings. You might have to refresh the page
- 2012-10-08 23:38 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Also, get the dog warden involved. They do have more powers than we think. x
- 2012-10-08 23:37 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Gary, the police must investigate - your dog is your property and has been stolen. You must tell police you need a crime number and you need them to investigate this crime. Not only that, if this is what she does all the time, she needs to be stopped. Can you give us details of your police please? Names? Station? Number? You can email into Admin or phone us. At least we know where Coby went, so now we need the police to find him. Let's say a chihuahua costs a lot of money, they have stolen your property of that amount. (We know to you it's not about money but about your dog, but if police want to be materialistic, then you need to speak in those terms to them). She needs to prove Coby was mistreated, and yes, she trespassed onto your property, stole your dog(your property) which is two crimes. This is obviously a money making scam and the police have a duty to deal with it. Try again and do not take no for an answer. Speak to someone higher up, but let us know who asap. x
- 2012-10-07 10:33 Gary
- The breeder has used the clause in her contract 'if she suspects the dog is being mistreated, she has the right to seize it' in order to steal the dog and get away with it. She is clearly very well practiced at this, knows exactly what the police will and will not do and it is very clear, she has done this many times.
At no point has she spoken to us or has she sent a letter or email and at no point did she even ask to enter our premises. She has trespassed on our property and burgled it (by taking Coby). She also made her way through a locked gate to get him meaning to has broke in and entered.
She now appears to have moved and is advertising on PetsLocally website as now living in Worksop in Nottinghamshire. She still uses the name 'Gabriels Belle Pet Care' and her name is Marie-ann. Her description is someone not of british descent and has brown frizzy hair. The man is an extemely large build.
She has admitted 'seizing' him but has obviously (and as you can see from our photo of him) has used this as a get out clause to enable her to steal the dogs and re-sell them.
The police have said they are not interested and would not investigate a case over a dog.
- 2012-10-03 19:53 Jo - Area Co-ordinator, ESSEX
- Hi Gary, on the basis of the info below, then you need to contact the police first and foremost. You could also try the local authority (council) that the breeder is based in, if licensed they may advise but most probably will direct you to the police.
Any idea why the breeder would have stolen Coby? Or do you think just to resell again for more money?
Keep copies and details of all advertisements.
- 2012-10-02 21:52 Gary
- PS some advice would be useful.
- 2012-10-02 21:51 Gary
- UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
We have discovered today Coby was STOLEN. The day he went missing (Thursday 20th September), we found an advert appeared on pets4homes advertising a 10 month old longcoat white male chihuahua un-neutered on the day Coby went missing in the town we originally bought him from.
What it of more importance, is that the person advertising this 10 month old chihuahua for sale is the person he was bought from in Sittingbourne, Kent.
The advert matches Coby's markings - white in colour with a white maine, sagging eyes, stubby nose, long claws (which were due to be cut), he also has a black mark above his left eye and when being held, he always uses an awkward position of 1 leg holding on your arm and one off.
When we originally purchased Coby, our address was taken by the seller, so they may also have an address for who they have sold him to again.Last edited: 2012-10-04 03:37:38 by Gary
- 2012-10-01 23:09 reggiemollieros
- I have deleted my comment as I had seen an advert for a Found Dog on gumtree but just been told by someone that they now know the breed and is not Coby. Sorry about that. I shall keep sharing and looking. Last edited: 2012-10-01 23:29:08 by reggiemollieros
- 2012-09-30 22:04 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Gary, it might be best to put large reward and get her in the local paper if you can and on local radio. Sometimes they do it sometimes they don't, but worth a try.Please re read the first page of my email and tick off everything I have said. Then work thru the attachments. You need to keep coving the same ground and have a think about these things suggested. If some one has her they need to feel the pressure. Please keep going and keep us informed. x
- 2012-09-28 14:27 Gary
- To update, Coby is still missing and we have had no sightings. Lots of posters have been put up and leaflets posted through doors. I am now offering a £100 reward for anyone that can bring Coby a safe return.
- 2012-09-24 17:01 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Your welcome kimmybear x
- 2012-09-24 12:46 Basildon DW
- We have not had any reports of sightings but there are lots of posters up so fingers crossed.
- 2012-09-23 21:13 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Debs, thank you very much. Thank you Maggie & Star for bumping Coby up for us. x
- 2012-09-23 15:50 janiejewel1649
- Paws and fingers xd that Coby will be found soon.
- 2012-09-22 21:28 Debs, Area Co-ordinator Essex
- I have been informed by a friend of the owner that apparently Coby was sighted running around outside Robert Drake School in Benfleet the day he went missing.
- 2012-09-21 08:58 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in SS1-17.
- 2012-09-21 00:11 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Coby got under a gap in the garden fence into neighbouring garden, but in that garden is a cat "hole" in the gate for their cats and Coby went through it into the street. Come on Coby, come back home now. x
- 2012-09-20 23:20 Kimmybear - Area Co-ordinator Essex and Herts
- Texting and emailed owner.
- 2012-09-20 20:45
- Sorry to see that COBY STOLEN is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.