Lost: Mainly White Body With Brown And Black Markings And Brown Head Jack Russell Cross Male In North East (NE65)
- Dog ID 43110
- Status Lost
- Registered 17 Sep 2012
- Name JACK
- Breed Jack Russell Cross
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Mainly white body with brown and black markings and brown head
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged No
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 16 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Warkworth Sand Dunes, Northumberland. Near our caravan at Coquet View caravan park.
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area NE65
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info friendly and approachable.
- Phone 1 01661 854692
- Phone 2 07814843783
- Reward? YES
- Listed By Sarah
- Views 2464
- See more dogs Lost in NE65
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-10-31 12:17 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Thanks Sue ! Hopefully this will bring news of Jack x
- 2012-10-31 10:33 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine.
- 2012-10-13 15:54 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- So sorry there has been no news of Jack.
I have nominated him to appear in our article in the Countrymans Weekly.
- 2012-10-02 00:38 bazil
- Sorry to read Jack is still missing, hoping he is found safe very soon x
- 2012-10-01 12:32 Sarah
- Thank you Lucy's mum,Neil and Lovely Lucy for all your help. Have continued to look too and Simon was up helping at the weekend.So combed
the dunes and searched around the empty caravans.
Please continue to be on the look out when out and about just incase Jack has found a new home. Jodie is coping well without her brother but the house is very quiet with out Jack and Simon and I miss him terribly. We are so very very grateful for all the support that we have had and have met some wonderful people along the way. (Not forgetting the kindness of those whom we have not met) who have worked
so hard to help us in our quest to get Jack Back. God Bless you all.
- 2012-09-29 23:41 Lucy's mum
- Julie - I am curious as to which area you were looking in and where Trevor heard the noise? Lucy, Neil and I were Warkworth dunes today and Lucy was hell bent on digging at a bunny hole feeding into the same 'mound' where last weekend she was digging at another bunny hole when we were with Simon. G
- 2012-09-27 17:02 Lucy's mum
- Just wondering if all the empty caravans have been checked from the outside for noises just in case Jack slipped in when someone was leaving and has accidentally been locked in. It's probable that this is not the case but a story I heard the other day does not make it beyond the realms of possibility.Last edited: 2012-09-28 15:25:40 by Lucy's mum
- 2012-09-27 14:11 Sarah
- Thank you so much Julie,
You are a star! Must just have missed you.
We must have been posting at the same time!Sarahx
- 2012-09-27 13:54 Sarah
- Thanks for your offer of help Jackie it is much appreciated.There are several posters up in the area and in the office and the support from the caravan site, members of the public and friends and helpers(some of whom I havent even had the pleasure of meeting) has been AMMAZING.
The search for Jack has been tireless and everyday the search goes on
although to be realistic very little chance of finding him alive now if
as we think he chased a rabbit down a hole.
There is a very slim chance that he has been taken or managed to free himself and got lost so we are all keeping an eye out when out and about.
I personally am not orgaising group searches but am out walking Jack's sister Jodie on the dunes every day as are others. Your interest is much appreciated.Sarah x
- 2012-09-27 13:51 Julie
- Hi all, I have been back to the dunes this morning, I was there from 8 till 10, concentrating mainly on the area where Trevor thought he may have heard something. It was a lovely morning, and very still. So I was hopeful that if he was there, and heard me, especially as he knows me, that he may respond. Unfortunately I didn't hear anything.
- 2012-09-26 21:41 jackie
- Hi i have a caravan at coquet view have you found jack yet if not where abouts was he last seen why don't you ask the local metro paper or look north etc to put it on tv are u going to do another search i am willing until this saturday as i am on holiday pls let more people know
- 2012-09-23 22:07 Lucy's mum
- Sarah, Simon, Jodie, Julie, Sailor, Sylvia, Belle, Lucy and I have searched for Jack today and after a short break we searched some more. No sign of the little guy but we all still have hope after hearing some inspirational stories about dogs that have survived in the face of adversity. The other possibilty is that some one has found him and is keeping him safe. Back to work tomorrow but Sarah will continue to search the dunes. Sarah and Simon are lovely people and, as I have found, so very grateful for the help and support offered. Jack is obviously very much loved so all best wishes are with them for Jack's safe return. G x
- 2012-09-23 13:04 Sarah
- Just back from postering the coastal villages as far North as Newton by the Sea on the slim off-chance that the recent sighting might have been Jack. We walked around the area of the sighting and then stopped off at Dunstanburgh golf club, Howick, longhoughton, and our neighbouring caravan sight to put up posters on our way back. We have also checked with a friend from Gosforth who daily walks her dogs on the coast near High Buston who is aware that Jack has gone missing. Gillian and Lucy have been in touch and are kindly searching the Alnmouth stretch north of Walkworth. Sadly, nothing positive to report. We will continue our search today and link up with Gillian and Lucy on their return, for bacon buttes in the caravan, and to share our thinking. I will be staying on at the caravan for a couple of days on my own, without Simon, so updating will be less frequent but I haven't completely given up all hope and will be out and about, searching, whilst here. Sarah X
- 2012-09-23 12:15 Lucy's mum
- Good idea Sylvia. My number is 07718 065564.
- 2012-09-23 10:58 Sylvia
- Is there a contact number (other than the owner's) please, Lucy's Mum?
Think it's best to keep calls to them to a minimum.
- 2012-09-23 10:47 Lucy's mum
- Thanks Julie and Sylvia. I am thinking some of us should maybe look in the other direction towards Alnmouth and the other caravan park just in case he completely lost his bearings and has found his way up there. Julie, if you're heading to where he was lost I'll go the other waybut will wait in the car park for a bit first. Hopefully see you shortly. Gillian
- 2012-09-23 10:28 Sylvia
- Sorry but I will be about 15 mins late as have to do something first. See you there.
- 2012-09-23 09:52 Julie
- Hi all, I won't be able to get there for 11.30 as I have other things I must do first. I will come up later with one or two borzoi. Hopefully I will see some of you while I am there. I know my way round, and where Jack went missing, so I will just make my way there. Julie
- 2012-09-23 01:11 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- BUMPED as helper Lucys' Mum is co ordinating a search for Jack today starting at 11.30 am from Warkworth beach car park . Please see her post below and if anyone is able to go along to help it would be very much appreciated .
Good luck to you all and a big Thankyou to all who are helping to search for this lovely boy xxx
- 2012-09-22 22:02 Sarah
- Dear all. My heartfelt thanks to you all for your support in our quest to get Jack back. I am very grateful to Julie and Simon for updating this site on my behalf. I am fairly new to computing and have erratic computer connection and have expended all my energies thus far in combing the dunes all week. Jack is a very popular little dog and has also generated a lot of support on the caravan site, and the support here has been overwhelming too, with several people helping us to search the dunes. It was lovely meeting Lucy and her Mum and, as a result of Lucy's endeavours we dug down into one particular rabbit hole, but to no avail. Also, belated special thanks to Jude1 who extended the hand of friendship and support in Amble, earlier in the week (I will be in to see you soon) and it goes without saying to Julie for her friendship and support. Off to Newton by the Sea tomorrow to post some posters and look out for Jack, then back to link up with Lucy and Mum to continue our search at Warkworth. Sarah xx
- 2012-09-22 19:05 Lucy's mum
- Have been with Sarah this afternoon but no sign of Jack. Sarah and her husband have been searching tirelessly and needed some well earned rest but are going to Newton in the morning to put up posters and leaflet the houses. I am co-ordinating a search from Warkworth beach car park tomorrow at 11.30 so if anyone can help I will be by the toilet block at 11.30 with Lucy my golden retriever. Can this page be bumped please because of the search?
- 2012-09-22 11:04 Lucy's mum
- Any news on Jack? Is a search for him being co-ordinated today?
- 2012-09-21 21:29 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Sarah text back to say she doesn't know when the similar dog was sighted in Newton on Sea but they are going to go there and poster the area. Fingers crossed it was Jack xx
- 2012-09-21 16:34 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Thanks Jayne ! Text sent to Sarah to see if she knows the day or time of the possible sighting x
- 2012-09-21 15:16 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in NE67,68,69,70.
- 2012-09-21 14:44 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Have cropped Jack's poster photo.
Have bumped him for possible sighting.
Tried to ring- do we have any more details on when the sighting was and more details on location at all?
Everything crossed for more news of Jack very soon
- 2012-09-21 13:47 Sarah
- Hello everyone. We just heard from a visitor to the NE, via phone, that he bumped into someone in Newton by the Sea who saw a friendly dog fitting Jack's description, without a collar, in that vicinity. Anyone in that area we we'd be bery grateful if you could keep a look out for him. Thanks very much, we are really touched by all the messages of support.
- 2012-09-21 07:50 Lucy's mum
- Everything crossed that little Jack is found today. If not we can come and search tomorrow.
- 2012-09-20 18:55 Julie
- Unfortunately we didn't find him today. We went out in the rain this morning, with no sight or sound, stopped for a lunchbreak and went back out in the rain this afternoon! We did meet a chap who told us of 2 jack russells that went down a rabbit hole and were down there a week before someone heard a noise, the fire brigade helped dig them out, one was dead, but the other, although very weak did survive. This has given us hope that if he is down a hole, which Sarah thinks is the most likely, there is still a slim chance he may be alive. He knows the area where he went missing very well, so we think that unless he is stuck, or has been taken, he would have found his way back to the caravan.
- 2012-09-20 10:28 Hamishs mum
- I am not in a position to help with the searches at the moment but I am thinking of you and I really hope you find him today
- 2012-09-20 09:13 Julie
- We are having a search today, at 11 and then at 1.30. We will be leaving Sarah's caravan at Coquet view caravan park at 11.00am and again at 1.30pm. To get to the caravan park go through Warkworth heading North just after you leave the village go over the bridge and there is a very small right turn towards the golf course. When you have taken the turn the caravan park is just up the road on the right. Once in the park go straight on past the phone box turn left and look for my turquoise van. Ring me on 0781-658-6962, or 07946300340 or Sarah's mobile 07814843783 if you need any help
- 2012-09-19 22:06 lost and found spaniels
- when did she go missing as couple in cleadon i know bit far,cworth a look
- 2012-09-19 21:22 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- thanks Sylivia and JUDE1 !
Sylvia I have text Sarah for an update and also to ask if there is a search tomorrow.
No reply yet but if you are very kindly thinking of going to help search tomorrow you might like to try calling one of the numbers yourself in the morning.
I will of course update on this page if i get a reply to my text.
- 2012-09-19 16:44 Sylvia
- Can help tomorrow. Is anyone co-ordinating, please? Have any leaflets been printed/distributed?
- 2012-09-19 13:54 JUDE1
- so sorry this was not jack wish it had of been, I have poster in my shop posted on facebook asking the public to lookout for jack i hope he is found soon this is so heartbreaking for any dog owner good luck sarah thought are with you give me a shout if you need me. a woman said she heard a little bark from that area yesterday which sounded like a distress bark
- 2012-09-18 21:26 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Sadly the dog sighted in Amble wasnt Jack.
His owners have been out searching again in the Dunes for him
- 2012-09-18 21:23 Julie
- Hi all, I have just returned from helping Sarah search the dunes this afternoon. Sarah doesn't have access to the internet at the caravan, so I am posting an update for her. The dog seen in Amble was not Jack. We fear he may have gone down a rabbit hole and be unable to get out. So we spent a lot of time this afternoon shouting down holes. If you look at a map, he went missing in the dunes just over the river from Amble, but he doesn't like water, so wouldn't be likely to have gone swimming. Please anyone in the area put up posters, and keep your eyes open, just in case he is wandering, or has been picked up by someone. Last edited: 2012-09-18 21:25:41 by Julie
- 2012-09-18 21:09 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Text sent to owners x
- 2012-09-18 12:25 Jayne - Head Office
- owner on her way...
- 2012-09-18 12:16 Jayne - Head Office
- 2012-09-18 11:52 mjky73
- Shared on FB and Twitter. Hope he's found soon.
- 2012-09-18 11:04 AnnaH
- Shared on Facebook and will be keeping an eye out
- 2012-09-18 10:50 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent to helpers in NE62,63,64,65,66.
- 2012-09-18 07:11 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Will contact owners
- 2012-09-17 20:12
- Sorry to see that JACK is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.