Lost: Tricolour Pappillon Female In South West (DT3)
- Dog ID 43105
- Status Lost
- Registered 17 Sep 2012
- Name DANCER CASH REWARD
- Breed Pappillon
- Gender Female
- Age Young Adult
- Build Toy
- Colour Tricolour
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 16 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Lodmoor area, Weymouth. Last seen in Oakbury Drive (DT3) 8.30am Monday 17 September.
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area DT3
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Dancer is very small and bolted when she saw a bike come at her around a corner. She is nervous and could be hiding because unfamiliar with the area. Wearing a pinkish collar. If seen do not approach as she will run - please just phone immediately and we will get there.
- Phone 1 0781 348 8164
- Phone 2
- Reward? Substantial
- Listed By dawn weaver
- Views 14219
- Followers 3
- See more dogs Lost in DT3
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-03-18 09:35 Spindle
- Owner of Dancer arranged for Natural Instinct to help in this way. She also spent time at Crufts putting up posters, giving out cards, and making people aware she is still missing and much wanted safely home. It is believed Dancer is with someone, a phone call was received shortly after she went missing saying to stop looking for her, that she was safe and well.!! She will NEVER stop looking,and will keep on searching for ever until we find her. Dancer is microchipped so with luck one day she will be scanned and returned to rightful owner.
Last edited: 2013-03-18 09:36:05 by Spindle
- 2013-03-16 22:29 rachelhayball - Area Co-ordinator Dorset, Devon and South Somerset
- Natural Instinct raw food are sending out info about Dancer with food orders :-)
- 2013-02-26 23:44 poodlemum
- these people seem to get some successes I do not know if you have tried them http://www.animalsearchuk.co.uk I see their posts on facebook and thought I would pass the url on.
- 2012-12-22 19:10 Jayne - Head Office
- Hoping the press coverage helps Dancer get home for Christmas...
- 2012-12-22 19:06 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- bumped for the press coverage - wishing that the owners will get some news
- 2012-12-22 18:50 Spindle
- Another appeal for Dancer today in the Dorset Echo. If anyone knows anything please do not hesitate to call. Owner is desperate for her return and reward still stands.
- 2012-11-30 11:55 Spindle
- Article today in the Dorset Echo offering £1000 reward for safe return of Dancer. Hopefully this will bring the calls we need to get her home for christmas.
- 2012-11-28 11:30 Jan.Petsearchuk
- I can't believe there are no regular updates about this little Papillon, she has to be somewhere, someone must have seen her since 23rd October....
- 2012-11-18 07:24 Jan.Petsearchuk
- I so wish this little Dancer could be found quickly, she must be so cold & lonely at nights now. Come on Dancer we want you home now, you've had far too much freedom.....
- 2012-11-07 19:22 Spindle
- Updating at request of owner. Dancer was seen by 3 people in Weymouth on Tuesday 23 October between about 7.30pm and 8pm approximately in the Kitchener Road and Corporation Road and Longcroft road. After a very short delay her owners were there but could not find her. Despite street searching and another 4000 leaflets, she is still not home.
Do you know anyone that has recently acquired a Papillon, perhaps bought unwittingly through an advert or word of mouth - could they unknowingly have Dancer? She is a very loved dog and owners desperate to find her. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO CATCH HER, JUST CALL 0781 348 8164 and we will come immediately.
There is a reward for Dancer's safe return or information leading to her safe return.
- 2012-11-06 09:13 Jan.Petsearchuk
- I have recirculated it amongst my petsearch contacts. Come on home Dancer, you must be so cold and scared of the fireworks etc.
- 2012-11-03 17:15 Spancoluki
- Come on Dancer, time to come home xxx
- 2012-11-01 07:48 Yettontop
- Well done to all those still searching tirelessly for this little one. We have to get her back home and out of the cold. Wish I was closer to be able to help. I know her owner will NEVER give up looking for her, and has offered a substantial reward for information leading to her return. Please work the networks you have - internet or real - to get her back home where she belongs. She is already on FB, but I'm not sure about other social networking sites.
- 2012-10-29 19:28 Spindle
- Dancers details been put out on Wemouth hospital radio stations today, and repeated regularly. Lets hope calls come in.
- 2012-10-29 09:25 Spindle
- All sighting been followed up to no avail, an immediate call when seen would be great help. Another article ow page 14 of the Echo. There cant be anyone in that area who is not aware of her missing. Over 12,000 leaflets and flyers not done and distributed. We Need to find Dancer before it gets very cold and especially before Nov. 5th!!..
- 2012-10-25 10:19 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Large article this morning in the Dorset Echo again. Bumping.
- 2012-10-24 12:27 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- just had a call from Spindle who is helping with the search - SIGHTED this morning laying on grass near Link Road, PLEASE if you see her call the numbers above - DANCER is very SCARED and will RUN AWAY - we do not want her running into traffic
- 2012-10-23 23:57 poodlemum
- If she is very scared of people, maybe she has a hiding place in the cemetery somewhere.
- 2012-10-23 22:14 Spindle
- Plan is to keep Dancer in a safe area where she feels safe and is not chased. Her movements are being monitored and plotted. Please call above number if any sightings whatsoever. We need this little one home.
- 2012-10-23 21:13 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Please let her be found now. If only she could be shut into a garden or any safe place till the right people can get ther!. If seen DO NOT CHASE or even call her. Stay calm and quiet and try to gently guide her into an enclosed place, call the number above watch where she is. If you have any food drop tiny pieces on the ground. Stay safe Dancer.
- 2012-10-23 20:59 TracyB
- She has now been spotted again in Holly Road, Weymouth. She has run a long way in a short time already. Please stay safe and let us catch you Dancer..xx
- 2012-10-23 20:14 AmyandWispa
- URGENT! Dancer has been spotted NOW! Corporation Road, Weymouth, near the cemetery. Please if anyone is nearby can you go and look. Unfortunateely they chased her and she ran. Please help! Traffic very busy around there. I am so worried she will be hit..
- 2012-10-19 10:45 Spindle
- Brilliant Blackmore Vale, quarter page article all about missing Dancer, praying it bring the calls we need to get her home.Owners doing masses to find her.
- 2012-10-17 09:14 Spindle
- Owners still very active in search for Dancer. Information on her being lost being sent out all the time across the country. Dancer has to be somewhere.
- 2012-10-10 13:45 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Bumped due to media.
- 2012-10-10 08:44 Spindle
- Huge article in the Dorset Echo yesterday. Lets hope it brings in calls. Lots being done in the search for Dancer, owner will not give up until she is found and home.
- 2012-10-08 20:02 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Bumping due to being on radio Wessex FM. Hope this bring calls.
- 2012-10-08 17:29 Yettontop
- Just can't believe that Dancer has been returned yet, despite a substantial reward. I'm assuming that the travellers' network has been informed - they are usually pretty good at recovering dogs that have rewards on them. (No offence intended, just that they have a very effective network.)
- 2012-10-04 10:24 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- Bumping due to media.
- 2012-10-04 10:13 Spindle
- Large advert today in the Dorset Echo on page 14. Thousands of leaflets have been put through doors, and hundreds of posters are now on display. We believe there is a strong possibiity that she may have been taken in by someone, perhaps mistaken as a stray because her coat is out of condition. She is on a special diet and may need vet treatment. Owner is distraught and heartbroken over her missing dog and will never give up loooking for her. If anyone knows anything please call.
- 2012-09-30 09:46 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- thank you to everyone who helped with the leaflet drop yesterday and to all those who are looking out for Dancer. A large area is now covered with posters but still more will be going up in the next few days. Remember that there is a large reward for her safe return.
- 2012-09-28 21:38 wensmum
- This lady http://www.k9searchdog.org/ Sam on 07721597926 has hounds trained to track lost dogs. She is based in SW may be able to help?
- 2012-09-28 21:07 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Jacks and I walked around the area this morning, Dancer could be anywhere from hiding in a garage or shed to being on the nature reserve. It is a massive task so if anyone is free at tomorrow (Saturday) please meet at Southdown Avenue at 10.00.Last edited: 2012-09-28 22:13:40 by poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- 2012-09-28 20:22 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- bumped for being in the dorset echo again today on page 3
- 2012-09-27 10:18 Spindle
- Further leaflet drops being arranged over next few days. Owners doing absolutely everything possible to find this much loved dog. Hopefully all this and the advertising will bring the result needed.
- 2012-09-25 19:45 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Bumped due to feature, page 5 Dorset Echo. Please let us have some good news soon on this little one.
- 2012-09-25 11:39 Lankeela
- Sharing on fb
- 2012-09-25 10:44 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-09-24 21:20 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Crossposted from the Facebook page:
HELP REQUIRED - Ok well there was maybe a sighting of 2 young girls walking a pap after dark in the area where Dancer was lost. May be a wild goose chase again but we hope not. Anyway I wondered if anybody had any time on Saturday to put leaflets through doors. We want to get people in pairs and give them specific roads to cover which would include putting the leaflets through, replacing the
posters and talking to anyone you see. I know it is a lot to ask and I am so sorry for doing so. If you can help please can you email email@example.com
The time to meet is 10am till maybe 2pm and the address is Southdown Avenue, Weymouth, DT3 6HS. Please share far and wide. Thank you all so much for caring about one little very scared papillon.
Last edited: 2012-09-24 23:02:04 by poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- 2012-09-24 20:35 Angus -ADMIN - Area Co-ordinator North Buckinghamshire
- new much clearer image of Dancer uploaded - bumped for picture & organised leaflet drop at weekend
- 2012-09-24 19:41 Spindle
- Help is needed for a huge leaflet drop on saturday morning (29th) at 10.00 a.m. Meeting will be at the bottom end of Southdown Avenue DT3 6HS. If anyone can go and help please send an e mail to this address. firstname.lastname@example.org Lots of leaflets already done but more needed.
- 2012-09-24 12:30 Mollychops, Co-ordinator Glos and Hereford
- The search is still continuing in the Weymouth area.
- 2012-09-23 21:36 pixies peeps
- Message from owner via facebook message" It was only a long shot she could be in Bournemouth. Please don't only look for her in that area. it could well be that she is still in the area where she went missing.If we could please change the Bournemouth comment so that helpers in the local areas to lodmore,Nr Weymouth realise she could still be there and carry on searching for her there."
- 2012-09-23 10:51 Spindle
- Have sent poster to family member very local to here asking them to spread the word and poster.
- 2012-09-23 08:54 pixies peeps
- Posted on Lost Papillon UK facebook." No news it is felt someone may have picked her up and kept her.Could anyone poster Weymouth,Portland Dorchester,Wareham,Swanage and anywhere going outwards of area please."
- 2012-09-23 07:17 Jan.Petsearchuk
- I had already circulated this to all our petsearchers on my group as well as other outlets, but have specifically sent to our Bournemouth Petsearcher Jane, if you wish to speak to her the phone number is 01202 394 609.
- 2012-09-22 13:51 jasmin
- Please note there is now a VERY large reward for Dancer's return or information leading to her safe return.Please if anyone has noticed a neighbour with a new dog who may be Dancer get in contact.Last edited: 2012-09-22 13:56:22 by poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- 2012-09-22 12:50 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to the Bournemouth helpers.
- 2012-09-22 12:29 agilitymad
- Just spoken to search party, there is a strong believe that Dancer has been picked up and is 25 miles east of Ludmoor, which would place her in the Bournemouth area...if there is anyone free in this area that can help or post posters they would really appreciate it plus any ideas thanks
- 2012-09-22 10:21 Jayne - Head Office
- Good luck today in your search.
- 2012-09-22 09:18 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Anyone free to join the search, meet at the Rugby Club at 10.00 or just come along to the area when you can to join in. Dancer is easily frightened so please stay calm and quiet if you see her and call the above number ASAP. She will also stay hidden if other dogs are about that she does not know. Bumped due to search.
- 2012-09-21 19:17 Talacae
- There are several of us going to try and search for Dancer tomorrow, will also be taking her pup down again so if there is anyone available to help, all will be gratefully received
- 2012-09-19 17:21 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Thank you pixies peeps, the sightings have been as follows
sighted in the Oakbury Drive Preston area and also the playground in Melstock Ave.Last edited: 2012-09-19 20:12:35 by poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- 2012-09-19 13:04 pixies peeps
- There are sightings shown on fb page:-Lostpapillonuk. Have posted on there asking for them to update doglost with these.
- 2012-09-18 14:22 WDDC Dog Warden
- Just wanted to let you know that i am aware and will of course make contact should i receive any info.
- 2012-09-18 13:56 Liz Carter
- Dawn, thinking of you - I have contacted St Giles Kennels in Taunton who take any/all dogs for whole of Somerset. They are distributing this page to all their volunteers etc and will keep in touch. Also contacted Dorset/Somerset area Sheepdog and gundog contacts etc.... fingers crossed.
- 2012-09-18 09:24 JB
- A friend has messaged me about Dancer and wants to know if there is a tracker dog in the area.
- 2012-09-18 08:53 Yettontop
- Dawn, your agility friends are doing all they can to spread the word via FB and other means. Friends of friends have been notified....especially those who might live closest.
- 2012-09-18 08:45 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Every thing is being done that can be done, posters, local radio and press. Just need sightings of this little one. If in the area please keep a look out for her.
- 2012-09-17 17:52 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in DT1,2,3,4,5.
- 2012-09-17 17:39
- Sorry to see that DANCER CASH REWARD is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.