Lost: White Husky Siberian Female In North West (M45)
- Dog ID 43083
- Status Lost
- Registered 17 Sep 2012
- Name LUNA
- Breed Husky Siberian
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour White
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Some black on face.
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 09 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Whitefield, Manchester.
- Lost In Region North West
- Lost In Post Area M45
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Missing along with terrier cross Hannah. PLEASE call the owner with any info/sightings. Thank you.
- Phone 1 07816 851701
- Phone 2
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 1322
- See more dogs Lost in M45
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-02-01 19:08 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Thanks lost and found huskies and mals but I don't think it is Luna, she doesn't have that much black on her ear.
- 2013-01-31 17:19 lost and found huskies and mals
- Can someone ask owner to check out this dog on preloved?
- 2012-12-27 08:33 AnnieSparky
- Have sent text to owner with details and for update x
- 2012-12-26 15:31 AnnieSparky
- Female Husky photo and details worth checking on Wirral council website:
Kennel Reference: 212035710
Date Found: 12 December 2012
Collar and tag Details: None
Where Found: Tranmere,Seymour Street
Description: Husky, white with black on ears and head. This dog is a stray and we do not know anything about her background or how she interacts around children or other animals. We can only assess her behaviour during the limited time at the kennels.
Telephone: 0151 606 2003
- 2012-12-23 14:49 AnnieSparky
- Wondered if this was worth checking out at Leigh Dogs Home, though I see Luna is chipped. The found dog doesnt appear to have any black on face though can only see the left side. Would imagine Lunas face markings are on each side?
Photo ref B79049 dated 18/12/12 Salford area
- 2012-09-30 11:48 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Another posting on the dogs in salford page of the white german shepherd type dog in Gildabrook on Friday:
I saw what looked like a white German Shepherd today, running loose on the footpath opposite the traffic lights at half edge lane/gildabrook rd, around 12:30 but by the time I'd managed to turn around and park up it had gone. Hopefully into where it lives rather than towards the motorway but I thought I better mention it on here in case someone is looking for it.
- 2012-09-24 10:01 maxine
- tried to contact the number on the poster, is there anything i can do to help you guys,live in whitefield, posters, coordinate search anything....few of us here willing to help, pls get inotuch. thanks...posted same on hannahs page
- 2012-09-22 16:40 mosspage
- Sorry to ask again do these dogs live at the farm down past rugby club ?
- 2012-09-22 16:22 mosspage
- Is this the rugby feilds bottom of park lane,if so the open land around there spreads a vast area,prestwhich,swinton,salford,radcliff they could come out anywhere,worth trying to post all entrances,i will keep my eyes open and am willing to help poster
- 2012-09-22 14:49 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Sadly the found dog in M45 wasn't Luna :(
Just spoken to Luna and Hannah's owner, both dogs were lost on a walk around the Rugby Club playing fields. all the relevant parties have been notified and both Manchester Dogs Home and Leigh have been visited and will be again this weekend. Both dogs are wearing tags and are microchipped (companies notified). It is thought that they will stay together and they know the area well. If anyone sees these dogs please contact the owner as soon as possible, thanks.
- 2012-09-22 13:27 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- No answer so I have sent a text message.
- 2012-09-22 13:16 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Thanks skippy :) I've sent a photo of Luna to Karen Benson, see if she thinks it could be Luna she saw.
I will alert Luna's owners to the found on the Animal Warden website x
- 2012-09-22 10:27 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Also noticed the following post on the Dogs in Salford facebook page:
As I was on my way home from work tonight around the gilda brook area. I noticed a big white dog that looked very similar to a albino German shepherd. It had no collar and it was going up to pedestrians jumping up at them and barking. The dog looked quite frightening and people were scared. I just wanted to mention it as I'm concerned it could hurt somebody.
- 2012-09-21 20:39 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Not sure I would describe Luna as small, but otherwise - this has to be worth checking out:
21 Sep 2012
Location: Manchester M45
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email email@example.com quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-09-21 12:54 maxine
- i have shared on my fb page, i am whitefield ringley road area, cani help have some history please?
- 2012-09-21 11:42 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent oput to helpers in M25,26,27,45. BL9. OL11.
- 2012-09-21 11:26 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Photo now added and bumped for email alerts to be sent out, thanks.
- 2012-09-20 16:56 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- I have sent a message to Hannah and Luna's owners alerting them to the possible matches and requesting photos.
Thanks Wilsmum :)
- 2012-09-20 12:36 Jackalee (Kathryn) Area Co-ordinator Gtr Manchester/North West Areas
- Wilsmum, have you contacted the owners to let them know of the sighting?
Also I have just seen another report on the Salford Dog Wardens Facebook page of a husky wandering, posted by Susan Booth. I have asked for further details.
"there's a husky roaming the streets of little Hulton, just seen it go past the White Lion pub, didn't want to call it over, didn't know the temperament of it. It was heading straight down Manchester Road as if towards Walkden"
- 2012-09-19 14:37 Wilsmum
- I saw a young husky running free this morning at Haddocks wood Runcorn
Tried to coax her but she ran off,
- 2012-09-19 06:15 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you Ashmark.
I have sent a email this morning requesting photo!
Can't phone due to having work!
- 2012-09-17 14:07 Ashmark, Area Co-ordinator, Lincolnshire
- Text sent requesting photo.
- 2012-09-17 13:54
- Sorry to see that LUNA is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.