Lost: Tan And Black German Shepherd Cross Male In South West (TR13)
- Dog ID 43072
- Status Lost
- Registered 17 Sep 2012
- Name ROCKY
- Breed German Shepherd cross
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Older Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Tan and Black
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Beige tip on tail. Rough coat, long hair around mouth
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 06 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Penrose woods,helston cornwall
- Lost In Region South West
- Lost In Post Area TR13
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info 11 years old. Wearing a collar
- Phone 1 01326 290568
- Phone 2 07977566134
- Reward? yes
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 2020
- See more dogs Lost in TR13
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-03-19 21:17 Helford
- Rocky's owner has just texted back "thank you for your message have looked at my doglost page the description is wrong gsd found is long haired rocky has short hair rough coated but thank you for letting me know Tina, (the lizard)"
- 2013-03-19 20:07 Helford
Su French has posted:- Hey Su, just incase anyone is missing a beautiful long haired shepherd. Theres one been found in helston wandering on clodgey lane. The people that found it wouldnt let me take a pic and neither wud they take it vets or let me to see if its chipped. They had already rung dog warden who was on his/her way. If you hear anything thats where sadly this beautiful dog will be!
- 2012-10-20 23:26 Scoobster, Area Co-ordinator Salford and Manchester
- Was just about to post about the same one reggiemollieros x:)
- 2012-10-20 20:50 reggiemollieros
- I just saw this on gumtree (is not that near but might be worth getting in touch)
found german shepherd
Marldon, Exeter |
german shepherd, found in newton abbot was picked up by dog warden, taken to kennels, it was with the kennels for 2 weeks, now in the care of a fosterer, until owner can be found, please reply with colour, sex and any markings many thanks
No phone number so you will need to go via the link
http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/found-german-shepherd/1002009769Last edited: 2012-10-20 20:51:08 by reggiemollieros
- 2012-09-23 21:32 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Just seen there's a new way to tell radio Cornwall a pets missing. Follow link and fill out the form
- 2012-09-23 07:03 jenny4
- Has anyone asked at Culdrose military base?They are out on manouveres all the time and may have spotted him.....very odd that there has been no sightings at all.wonder if someone is caring for him, I hope so.....
- 2012-09-22 23:55 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- More posters up around boating lake and that side of Helston. Flyers handed out to dog walkers and all had seen posters and looking out for Rocky. Flyers posted to houses near to entrance of Penrose. Email sent to national trust with poster attached. Network cornwall members emailed again with further details etc. Hoping for a sighting soon
- 2012-09-21 16:47 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Lots of posters up and handed out around boating lake end of Penrose. Talked to national trust who were very helpful and will email them a flyer tonight. Helston vets now have poster and dog warden informed he's still missing.
Lots more posters needed up. Need porthleven and helston doing next. Any help much appreciated!!
- 2012-09-20 21:53 flaggbag, Area Co-ordinator Stroud
- updated location for you
- 2012-09-20 18:39 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Could someone from admin please add that he went missing near Penrose woods as helston is too general
- 2012-09-20 18:38 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Thanks Kia. Have postered round there today but please check I may have not done it there. I've postered near boating lake and visited a farm around the area. There are two others I'll try to do tomorrow. Will also contact national trust and dog warden. Any other suggestions would be helpful.
- 2012-09-20 16:23 KIA
- Hello Moogie, I'm just going to print off some posters and we'll put them up at Degibna car park and the Penrose Estate carpark on the back road to Porthleven(can't remember what it's called). Hope they get some response.
- 2012-09-20 14:11 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- I've spoken to owner today. She said he was lost on a walk in Penrose Woods near Loe Bar end by the tall chimney stacks. Kia, a hand putting up posters would be great as the owner is a carer and can't get out to do it. I am in the process of putting some up around the boating lake, bottom of penrose, Porthleven. Tomorrow I'll try Loe Bar end. If there is anyone else who can help it would be much appreciated. this dog needs a help as fairly old and doesnt know the area.
- 2012-09-19 20:27 jenny4
- As Aurildisww said , have there been any recent sightings at all do we know?
- 2012-09-19 20:26 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Me too. I'll print some posters off and put them up around helston/ porthleven. Could you do the same Kia?
- 2012-09-19 17:06 KIA
- I've found some details about Rocky on the UK Missing Pets register via Facebook. It says he was last seen in Penrose Woods, Helston at 3pm on September 6th. Also his right ear lays flat. We live in the area and would also like to help with any searches if needed.
- 2012-09-19 16:23 Aurildisww
- I've shared this on fb and with all my agility etc friends, but can we say where he was lost? Was he on a walk or lost from elsewhere? Any sighting so far? thanks
- 2012-09-19 12:53 Indie's mam
- Where abouts in Helston did Rocky go missing?
- 2012-09-19 10:44 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in TR10-17 and TR27.
- 2012-09-19 06:33 jenny4
- Is there any news on this dog?And could we get a photo to make some posters please?
- 2012-09-17 21:25 Moogie, Area Co-ordinator Cornwall
- Put on facebook page 'please look out for these dogs in cornwall' and emailed network cornwall +3000 people)with details. What else has been done to spread the word? I dont live to far away and could help if you need it. Please let us have a picture and details about where, how he got lost.
- 2012-09-17 13:54 my boy max
- posted up on biggsd .. can you get a photo up please
- 2012-09-17 12:33
- Sorry to see that ROCKY is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.