Reunited: Black Labrador Retriever Male
- Dog ID 43046
- Status Reunited
- Registered 16 Sep 2012
- Name SMUDGE
- Breed Labrador Retriever
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Adult
- Build Large
- Colour Black
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Smudge holds his tail high
- Tagged No
- Microchipped No
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 15 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Cote, Near Aston, Oxfordshire
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area OX18
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Red collar, grey hair under mouth
- Phone 1 07889050494
- Phone 2 01993850521
- Reward? YES
- Listed By Stuart521
- Views 1513
- See more Reunited dogs
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-09-20 20:35 digbysmum
- Great news! Welcome home lovely Smudge - stay safe now xxx
- 2012-09-20 17:51 pollydog
- Fantastic news! So relieved he's safely home.
- 2012-09-20 15:31 Shereen
- ...and he now has a new tag and microchip!
- 2012-09-20 15:28 Shereen
- YES! it was SMUDGE!..Owner would like to thank everyone and the lovely kennels for being so helpful.
Welcome home Smudge..who is now layed by the fire!.X
- 2012-09-20 12:02 Shereen
- owner is just on the way to kennels to see if a lab picked up is Smudge ...ill update later although Ive got to go out but will update ASAP
- 2012-09-20 11:04 Abi-mama
- Any news? Any sightings?
Stow Fair is Mid October, so may be gypsies, but would they be interested in a lab?
- 2012-09-20 10:57 Nicola
- Hi Everyone, this is very strange. I work for the Labrador Rescue Trust and our co-ordinator is ware. Do we know if there are any gypsies around in the locality?
- 2012-09-19 10:13 Safari
- I think that's a very likely thought Pollydog - particularly as the smudge's owner didn't realise immediately (they obviously look alike). Maybe the other dogs owner was unwell, very elderly etc and just doesn't realise. Smudge's owner might benefit from going back to the walk area at the same sort of time smudge went missing and ask other dog owners if they know anyone that walks a similar dog to Smudge. They might even come across Smudge!
- 2012-09-19 08:54 Shereen
- Thats a good point Pollydog! didnt think of that!
Owner has contacted loads of people including vets rescues surrounding councils and police....He is going to continue postering ,as he thought he had found him has only done a few but have advised to poster road junctions footpaths and anywhere where people are likely to see the posters clearly.
- 2012-09-19 07:33 pollydog
- How horrible for them to think they'd found him and then realise they hadn't. This is such an odd situation as the other dog was found so close. Another unlikely possibility then - what if someone was walking their bitch in the area and somehow went home with the wrong dog - unlikely I know - I'd always know my own dogs, but perhaps if they hadn't had her for long or something - perhaps some local media coverage - Witney Gazette if we could get them interested as it is such an unusual scenario. Other than that I don't know what to suggest, other than the usual postering etc.
- 2012-09-18 22:02 Shereen
- Pollydog...we know this is a bitch as Smudges owner actually went to the kennels to collect it thinking it was Smudge..as he was leading dog away thinking something wasnt quite right,she rolled over which is when he realised it wasnt Smudge! : (...
- 2012-09-18 19:22 pollydog
- Is it 100% certain that the black lab bitch found on the same day and in the same place that Smudge was lost is a bitch? Has somone double checked? It seems so odd that another black lab was found in the same place - she's not listed on doglost but I've seen on her listed on a facebook page and it says she was lost on the road between Aston and Standlake - which is the same place as Smudge was lost, and so far she hasn't been claimed or reported lost as far as I can see. Surely worth a double check?
- 2012-09-18 12:20 Shereen
- Thanks Mathers22 Ive spoken to Smudges owner and hes checking this out further...
- 2012-09-18 11:32 mathers22
- There's been a male labrador retriever found in the South West also wearing a red collar - this dog is thin though. Found 43120 xx
- 2012-09-17 19:30 Shereen
- Alerts sent out to helpers in GL7,GL53,GL54,SN1,SN2,SN3,SN4,SN5,SN6,SN7,SN8,SN25,SN26,OX1,OX2,OX3,OX4,OX5,OX6,
Pollydog...he literally went missing from home...on the premises....owner went out scouring the countryside and roads within 5 minutes of him going missing:(
Have advised owner to contact Police ASAP for a CRN...also to call vets and surrounding councils,Highways etc
- 2012-09-17 18:41 pollydog
- Oh no! it sounded so promising this morning. I noticed there has also been a lurcher found in OX28 - although a different post code, this is Witney, only 3 or 4 miles from Cote - like you say, perhaps our dreaded white van has been out and about. What were the circumstnaces of Smudge going missing - was he out on a walk or missing from home? Will keep looking and hope he is just lost and not stolen - if stolen, I'd have thought he'd end up dumped too as a mature neutered male doesn't have much value to dog theives. worth keeping a check on for sale on gumtree, prelove, etc though just in case. Have polic been contacted by owner?
- 2012-09-17 18:18 Shereen
- This is Awful....it wasnt Smudge...but something not ringing right here...this dog was found so ,so close to where Smudge went missing....Maybe this is this white van again???!!!...has been seen Bampton,Carterton Aston Rowant...was Smudge picked up and this FEMALE!!! Lab dumped at the same time??.....the found dog looked like she had Smudges collar on ...this is really weird!...please,please share FAR AND WIDE.!!!ill do Alerts right now!
- 2012-09-17 11:29 pollydog
- I was just about to go and look, so won't go now as this sounds very promising. Hope it's him and he gets that chip very soon!
- 2012-09-17 10:34 Jayne - Head Office
- Oh good...will hold off doing the alerts then.
- 2012-09-17 10:01 Shereen
- We Think Smudge has been handed in ...ill reunite him when this is confirmed later...given the area he was picked up ,it must be him : )...he will be getting a new microchip
- 2012-09-17 09:24 Shereen
- Actual photo added ready for alerts to go out please
- 2012-09-16 23:48 pollydog
- Thanks Shereen. I'll go out and walk my dog over that way tomorrow if he's not been found.
- 2012-09-16 23:00 Shereen
- similar photo added ...just emailing advice over now....Polydog....he went missing from the same road that cote baptist chapel is on ...a little way past it ...say approx 500 yds down the road just off the B4449 (not sure name of road)..........very out of charicter for this dog he likes to stay close to his owner.
- 2012-09-16 21:48 Shereen
- Have txt and also left message on answerphone offering advice...also requested a picture to be sent into Admin.
- 2012-09-16 14:23 pollydog
- I live in Witney so close enough to help on this one. I've been for a drive around, but even though Cote is tiny, it would be useful to have a bit more info about exactly where Smudge went missing from, and whether he went from home or on a walk etc. Also a photo would help as I could then help with posters. I have a day off tomorrow, so if he's still missing I can get out and about with my dog and have another look. Hopefully he'll be safely home by then though.
Also, Blue Cross often get found dogs dropped off with them at weekends when the dog warden is off duty, so worth giving them a call too.Last edited: 2012-09-16 15:05:14 by pollydog