Lost: Black Terrier Patterdale Female In South East (KT22)
- Dog ID 42997
- Status Lost
- Registered 14 Sep 2012
- Name GEORGIE
- Breed Terrier Patterdale
- Gender Female
- Age Adult
- Colour black
- Marks & Scars GEORGIE IS MICROCHIPPED.
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 13 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Leatherhead...jumped into the river...escaped from dog walker...may have 3 leads still attached to her. Fetcham Splash, River Lane.
- Lost In Region South East
- Lost In Post Area KT22
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1 01372 450114
- Phone 2 07979 502716
- Listed By Jayne - Head Office
- Views 2976
- See more dogs Lost in KT22
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-11-07 15:24 AnnieSparky
- Sorry to see not Georgie this time...we'll keep looking x
- 2012-11-04 20:02 Frosty
- Thank you to everyone who continues to look for us, unfortunately Madge is not Georgie but many thanks
- 2012-11-04 10:49 reggiemollieros
- Thank you. I have sent a text just now so at least we should now if is Georgie or not. x
- 2012-11-03 22:16 AnnieSparky
- Meant to say well spotted reggiemollieros....definately worth checking out. Am sure they wouldnt mind, I have alerted a few owners before by text.....but also good you alerted admin :)x
- 2012-11-03 21:31 reggiemollieros
- I sent an email to admin@doglost asking them to alert the owners as I was not sure if I should text. I can text though if you think I should. Is a bit late now so could do it tomorrow x
- 2012-11-03 20:53 AnnieSparky
- The picture does look very similar to Georgie......have we alerted/txted owners to check? Just thinking they may not log in on here very often. Fingers crossed for Georgie x
- 2012-11-03 17:51 reggiemollieros
- I emailed the rescue and they sent back a lovely email saying that Madge had been scanned twice and that she had a lot of dental work but they would be very happy to hear from Georgie's owners.
- 2012-11-03 16:37 PaulaK
- Does look similar but I think from the 2nd pic on dogsblog Madge has a longer tail? Hope it is Georgie ...
- 2012-11-01 20:38 reggiemollieros
- I don't want to get your hopes up but there is a female dog on Dogsblog who has a real look of Georgie. I know Georgie is chipped so one would hope that this dog would have been scanned. Here is the link http://www.dogsblog.com/madge-6/ they have called her Madge and she was collected from the pound after 7 days were up. It is quite far from Leatherhead but sometimes rescue do move dogs away from their local area. The rescue is called Dunroamin K9 Rescue, please telephone Julie - 07738638091 or Lynda - 07878572343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Sorry if this is not Georgie but I would rather post than not post. Last edited: 2012-11-01 20:39:44 by reggiemollieros
- 2012-09-23 19:08 Owl
- We have just got back from Fetcham where we have been spending the weekend helping to search. Wispa took scent from Georgie's coat and headed straight to the place she went into the river, but then to our surprise took us on a route away from the river and back into the fields, ending up going through the local dump to a terrier sized hole in the fence at the far corner which led into an area of scrub below. We went back yesterday and found fresh scent taking a slightly different route around the river area, again leading us on what appear to be Georgie's regular routes. More fresh scent today, leading back to the dump. The fields are quiet, a few dog walkers but I would think that much of the time especially during the week a little dog could hunt round the bushes on the field edge without being seen by anyone. Georgie's very intelligent labradoodle companion Harry has reacted strongly to some of the same places that Wispa pointed out to us. It does appear that Georgie made her way back to the area where she first took to the water and is still around there. Scenting is being done, also barbecueing when weather permits. Today turned very wet so I expect Georgie is sheltering somewhere dry in bushes. Harry has helpfully scent marked all the way from the river to their home.
- 2012-09-20 17:55 PaulaK
- Sorry I havent been able to help, watching the page and hoping to see Georgie reunited
- 2012-09-18 08:35 Patsy
- Good that you and Georgie's owners have met now, Jecjo. Having someone living near where she went missing and keeping a lookout is a great help. Just a thought: when we found Merlin the little lurcher in this area a couple of years ago, he had been spotted by the river for days and then ended up being caught near Tesco! Had probably followed the Ryebrook through the fields . . . so do poster in that area too anyone who can. am out all day today, but will get postering some more this evening/tomorrow myself.
- 2012-09-18 00:11 Jecjo
- Hi Patsy. I bumped into Georgie's owners whilst out walking last night still no sightings sadly. I have been out twice today with my dogs looking in all the bushes near the river banks etc but nothing. Apparently she is a good swimmer so fingers crossed she's got out safe and is hiding somewhere. Everywhere local to here is already postered but will put up where and when I can although limited time sadly due to a baby & a toddler. I can see right across all the fields from my house so even when not walking I'm keeping a close eye out. She's out there somewhere, so frustrating....
- 2012-09-17 11:22 csquaredb
- Have just been over to Fetcham Splash and walked along the river, but no sign I'm afraid. Spoke to everyone I met and they'd all seen the posters and will keep an eye open. Hope to go into Leatherhead in the next couple of days and will take a poster into the petshop there. When she was last seen, was she still in the river or had she scrambled out? Is she a good swimmer?
- 2012-09-17 10:56 Patsy
- Great to have you onboard, Jecjo. If you can print off posters and put up in prominent local places that would be great. Good to have someone local to walk the river bank and fields each day. I suggest you get in touch with Georgie's owners if you haven't already done so and work together. His number is on poster details. I am going to ask DogLost Admin to advise Steve, owner, on scenting and you may be able to help as you are local. If you do see Georgie, don't try to catch her as she will have gone feral by now. Just put down food and call owner or DogLost asap. We mustn't give up yet . . . she is tagged and microchipped which is good. by the way, Georgie is a GIRL!
- 2012-09-16 17:48 Jecjo
- Hi, I back directly onto the fields where Georgie went missing, I walk my dogs daily here. I have seen the poster right outside my house and will look out for this poor boy. If there is anything I can do to help more please let me know. I hope he's found safe and well soon. He looks quite elderly in the picture?
- 2012-09-16 09:56 Patsy
- Have just been speaking to Steve, one of Georgie's owners. Sadly no news yet. He and his family have been walking the river banks all day yesterday, houses along the river bank at Pachesham, Pachesham Golf Course etc are all aware. Local pet shops and vets have posters. Have advised Steve to widen postering to places where lots of people are (shops, supermarkets, doctors surgeries, outside schools where the mums meet etc). Yesterday evening I postered River Lane on the Pachesham side. Horse show at Bookham Riding Club Field today, with posters on the gate. Admin: Please add on poster that Georgie is microchipped! thank you.Last edited: 2012-09-16 09:56:51 by Patsy
- 2012-09-15 12:31 Patsy
- Just got back from dropping off posters at Woodlands Park & Orchard and Woodlands Farm stables and West Orchard (house that overlooks Island field in River Mole). Lots of liveries at both yards who can keep a look out when out hacking. Walked Fetcham Splash area but saw NO POSTERS! Put one up on main notice board by Splash, but will now print off more and poster all round the area from the Pachesham side. Owners, please get posters up asap where people see them this weekend when out walking and also by local houses. Will now email Bookham Riding Club as their field is by the river as well. Csquaredb: Best place to park is River Lane on the Fetcham side of the river and then walk along river towards Stoke d'Abernon - suggest you walk both banks. Admin: thanks for updating poster. Locals: PLEASE GET POSTERING FAST!!!Last edited: 2012-09-15 12:32:30 by Patsy
- 2012-09-15 11:41 csquaredb
- Patsy, Is there somewhere to park in River Lane, either Fetcham side or Leatherhead side? Lived here 20 years and never knew it existed! I'm afraid I can't help look this weekend, but hope to go out Monday and have a scout around. Hopefully she'll have been found by then.
- 2012-09-15 10:52 Patsy
- Have just spoken to owner and Georgie is still missing. She went missing from fields by Fetcham Splash, River Lane. Owner knows area very well and has been round all local farm tracks in Land Rover with Steve Connisbee, farmer from Barracks Farm which runs down to the river. Has been onto 'Island Field' at Slyfield Farm (where Merlin the M25 little lurcher, found a couple of years ago was spotted!). This is all very local to me, so will get out postering and talking to people in the area. Admin: please amend poster to read 'Missing from Fetcham Splash, River Lane, Leatherhead'. Many thanks.
- 2012-09-14 22:20 csquaredb
- Would be worth letting Pachesham golf club and the Queen Elizabeth foundation know too, in the hope that she might seek out civilisation for food. Also have you told Wildlife Aid - on the same road and someone might take her there if she's found. Is she likely to approach other dogs or is she likely to hide? Keeping everything crossed for you.
- 2012-09-14 20:51 June
- I have emailed the poster to Pachesham Agility Club who I think meet at the Stables. June
- 2012-09-14 18:56 Frosty
- Thank you csquareb, it happened between River Lane and the M25 in shallow slow moving section behind riding school (amenity tip side)
- 2012-09-14 18:25 csquaredb
- Could also try Leatherhead tip, Woodlands Park hotel and Pachesham riding stables - all on the Mole corridor.
- 2012-09-14 18:18 csquaredb
- Not sure where Connisby farm is, I'm afraid. Fetcham to Cobham is a very long stretch of river. Do we know which side of the M25 she was lost from (leatherhead or Cobham)? There's a path along the river right into the centre of Leatherhead, so would be worth alerting shops etc in Leatherhead. Running Horse pub is near the path. Hope for a sighting of her soon.
- 2012-09-14 17:29 Nells
- I think that may have meant to be Fetcham and Cobham as Feltham and Chobham are miles away. Apart from the M25 running through that is a reasonably rural area so the farmers assistance/permission might be needed to search around there.
- 2012-09-14 17:24 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx...Georgie jumped into the river Mole...which is not very fast...owner has been down today in a canoe..its between Feltham and Chobham near Connisby farm....the farmer has been fantastic and drove owner all around his estate this morning
- 2012-09-14 16:49 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- circulating on twitter
- 2012-09-14 15:44 csquaredb
- Where exactly in Leatherhead? Would be worth telling the leisure centre, if lost in the river in town, as there's a pathway through. Also the petshop in the Swan centre would spread the word. Will she come to strangers and is she friendly with other dogs? Any sightings of her since she was lost?
- 2012-09-14 15:40 Nells
- Is there any more information as to whereabouts?
- 2012-09-14 14:57 Abbalish
- Report made at BDCH 294708
- 2012-09-14 14:03 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in KT9,10,11,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24. RH1,2,3,4,5.
- 2012-09-14 13:24
- Sorry to see that GEORGIE is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.