Lost: Black And White Sprocker Male In North East (HG3)
- Dog ID 42939
- Status Lost
- Registered 12 Sep 2012
- Name FREDDIE
- Breed Sprocker
- Gender Male
- Operation Neutered
- Age Adult
- Build Medium
- Colour Black and White
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars
- Tagged Yes
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 11 Sep 2012
- Where Lost From home at Grasmere House, High Birstwith, Harrogate
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area HG3
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info Please look out for Freddie! He is wearing an ID tag and he is MICROCHIPPED. If found, he must be reported to the dog warden, as is required by LAW
- Phone 1 07795177310
- Phone 2 07836315531
- Reward? £250
- Listed By Robin Horsell
- Views 3147
- See more dogs Lost in HG3
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-11-13 19:25 Goldie Chris
- Is it possible to "bump" Freddie due to the possible sighting? The area fits, I'm happy to help with more postering etc
- 2012-11-13 10:07 Goldie Chris
- I work in HG3 so I posted Freddie's details at work yesterday. I got this email from a colleague this morning:
"I was driving back from my friends in Hampsthwaite to Markington, (so went the back way via new inn, shaw mills etc) It was about 11 at night, and i saw a black and white dog on its own inbetween the turn off to hampswaite and the new inn crossroads. This was Sunday night though. Sorry its not much help, but this dog did look like the one on the picture."
- 2012-10-12 14:23 bazil
- If sightings have stopped it may be he has ventured further away because he did not get home staying in the area. He should come back if he is still out there and hasn't been picked up and kept.
If anyone has found Freddie he IS NOT YOUR DOG TO KEEP!
You are probably already doing this, but keep checking all used/unused barns, sheds, stables, old buildings, churchyards and alottments in the area. Any outbuildings. Did his sightings form a triangle? if so stay within this area, he may have a nice cozy den somewhere and could be coming out at dusk and dawn for food. Hoping for his safe return very soon, I will keep checking xxLast edited: 2012-10-12 14:25:10 by bazil
- 2012-10-11 15:27 eviehorsell
- no nothing, all has gone quiet...we dont know what else to do. Thank you everyone
- 2012-10-10 17:20 bazil
- Has there been any more sightings. Was hoping he would be home safe.
- 2012-10-10 14:50 lesleyjane
- Hope this brings results and that this beautiful boy is home soon!
- 2012-10-10 08:24 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countrymans Weekly magazine.
- 2012-10-02 00:35 bazil
- So sorry to read Freddie is still missing. Come on boy stay safe but be seen xx
- 2012-09-30 18:09 eviehorsell
- thank you so much Merlintrude! still no news...so heartbreaking lets pray we find him or at least hear some more news!
- 2012-09-23 19:16 Merlintrude
- Had my partner take me over today armed with slip lead, binoculars, food and very smelly treats (just in case! )we did a mix of driving and walking firstly around Pateley Bridge & along the river saw some posters in some of the shops. Then went around Glasshouses , then Birstwith & Darley. As we were driving from Pateley Bridge on the Ripon Road - just glimpsed a woman in a high vis coat walking 2 dogs one was a small dog and other may have been a springer type but we were travelling amongst traffic so couldnt stop. It was just before coming into Summerbridge. Not sure if posters are up there . Saw signs in Pateley Bridge that there is Nidderdale Show there on Monday 24th which will be busy . Wish I could have done a bit more and go back again but unable to drive and using 2 sticks following an op so am reliant on transport currently. Just hope this gorgeous boy is found soon. I do wonder if he is trying to find his way home if the last sighting was at Birstwith
- 2012-09-21 13:47 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- You need to try and keep him in the same area. If you haven't had the scenting instructions yet, PLEASE contact admin - they really are vital!!
Good luck with your search today xx
- 2012-09-21 11:23 eviehorsell
- We had another sighting last night at 8.30pm in Birstwith, at the entrance to the playing fields and cricket club opposite
the Kerry factory. We all went down to call for him but nothing...very disheartening, he must be very scared not to come to our calls. If it was Fred, he seems to be sticking to the river so as always please keep a look out and catch him if you can!
- 2012-09-21 00:15 bazil
- Hoping Freddie is found safe very, very soon. Well done owner for doing all the right things that will help get your boy home x
- 2012-09-20 16:09 SparkySpin
- I have a friend who lives to the west of Pateley with land going down to the river. I have emailed him details and asked him to alert his neighbours.
- 2012-09-20 13:52 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- thanks everyone.
have spoken to owner- there is a possibility that Freddie may be following the river. owner doing a brilliant job of making sure that Freddie is very well known in surrounding areas.
have added Freddie to the list for an advert in the Countryman's weekly.
really hoping for more news of him very soon
- 2012-09-20 13:24 Gypsy
- Its great that you're getting lots of sightings. I'm no expert on this subject but apparently lost dogs travel in a triangle - if you plot all of the sightings of him on a map does this appear to be the case with Freddie? If so it might help you to prempt him and be in the area he is heading. Also agree with Barnie 'n' Ozzie's mum that you should follow any scenting instructions provided.
I will continue to share Freddie's details and really wish you the best of luck getting this boy home x
- 2012-09-20 12:55 eviehorsell
- I thought a timeline might be useful for everyone so you know where he has been, or at least a dog fitting his description....Wednesday 12th late afternoon he was spotted in High Birstwith at the junction of High Lane and Reynards Crag / Friday 14th early morning in Glasshouses near Pooch palace Kennels on the private road to Harewell Hall / Monday 17th late evening close to the junction of the High Street and the Ripon Road, opposite the Methodist Church / Tuesday 18th lunchtime just up the hill from where he was spotted the night before. He is a very friendly dog who loves people but a week on his own obviously has made him very shy and nervous. Thank you from all of us x
- 2012-09-20 10:09 nessabros
- Beautiful boy, hope he's found soon xx
- 2012-09-19 21:24 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- Have you been emailed scenting instructions and at what time of day were the sightings? It's very common for dogs on the loose to venture out at dawn and dusk when things are a bit quieter. Hope you get more sightings soon xx
- 2012-09-19 10:36 eviehorsell
- Thank you everyone. Just an update we've had more sightings of a black and white spaniel in pateley bridge, near the steep road past the chocolate shop and near costcutters. We have postered the area to death and we went out again last night but no joy....Hopefully he will stick round the area since there's people and food etc. Were going to the Nidderdale show to spread the word out further, thank you everyone again.
- 2012-09-18 10:13 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Everything crossed for more news of Freddie very soon.Poster the area too as this may bring more sightings xx
- 2012-09-17 22:03 eviehorsell
- thank you everyone! you have all been so helpful, there was another sighting on friday near pateley bridge! Theres a large wood near there that a lot of stray dogs are known to hide in, plan is to go in there tomorrow with food and things that smell of home!
- 2012-09-16 22:08 Barney 'n' Ozzie's mum
- What a handsome boy! Hope he's home soon xx
- 2012-09-16 15:31 mathers22
- I've put this on fbook have friends in Police at Harrogate xx
- 2012-09-16 01:05 bazil
- So sorry to see Freddie is still missing. Could there be a dog thief in the area. quite a few going missing in North Yorkshire x
- 2012-09-15 18:16 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Freddie's got a FB group:https://www.facebook.com/FindTheFredster
- 2012-09-15 17:21 Sarah
- This isnt my usual area but I am going up to Harrogate tomorrow so I will take some posters with me as I am attending trade show at the HIC (pet trade show) so hopefully they will let me pop a few up.
- 2012-09-15 16:10 Gypsy
- Have shared and cross-posted to lots of missing dog sites. Please poster, poster, poster Freddie's owner! Hoping this gorgeous boy is home soon x
- 2012-09-15 08:39 Jayne - Head Office
- fingers crossed here for you...
- 2012-09-14 13:02 eviehorsell
- a delivery man phone today saying he saw a black and white spaniel running around near reynards crag HG3 2JQ on wednesday: he tried to catch him but couldnt. Were going out again today near there to call and look for him. fingers crossed!
- 2012-09-14 10:29 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Freddie went missing from home. So far there have been no reported sightings of him.
Owners have contacted all the relevant authorities and postered and spread the word locally.
Freddie is wearing an ID tag and is Microchipped and has been flagged up as missing.
Scenting info discussed and emailed.
If found, he must be reported to the dog warden, as is required by LAW
Really hoping for some news of him very soon
xxLast edited: 2012-09-14 10:31:14 by minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- 2012-09-13 18:25 Jayne - Head Office
- Tx Sparky spin...
- 2012-09-13 18:18 SparkySpin
- I have put a poster in Todds in Summerbridge, the hardware store used by the farmers in the district.
- 2012-09-13 18:12 eviehorsell
- thank you! no news,posters handed out to all pubs/shops/vets etc near by. All farmers are aware as are all dog wardens etc. Fingers crossed he turns up, he went missing from the garden at home on the 11th. He is known to go off after pheasants, but this is very unusual. We all miss him desperately, any help is appreciated!
- 2012-09-13 15:09 bazil
- Any news on handsome Freddie and what were the circumstances of him going missing please x
- 2012-09-12 11:00 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in HG1,2,3,4,5.
- 2012-09-12 10:38
- Sorry to see that FREDDIE is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.