- Dog ID
- Registered 01 Jan 1970
- Marks & Scars
- Microchipped Unknown
- Tattooed Unknown
- Date Lost
- Where Lost
- Lost In Region
- Lost In Post Area
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info
- Phone 1
- Phone 2
- Listed By
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2012-09-26 20:04 Jackie
- So glad you have Dexter home again xxx
- 2012-09-24 13:43 Lankeela
- So pleased to hear he is back with you. Hope everything gets sorted now.
- 2012-09-23 21:12 Aud40
- Fantastic news,Welcome home Dexter so pleased & well done everyone.x x
- 2012-09-23 20:07 mathers22
- Welcome home Dexter fantastic news. Well done everyone xx
- 2012-09-23 16:06 Paws Dawson
- Just want to say thankyou to everyone for helping to look for Dexter and spread the word to keep him in peoples minds.
He was returned to me last night and it was all quite a shock and rather upsetting but today its just so so nice to have him getting back to his old self and just being here with me again :)
- 2012-09-23 12:47 jobadger
- So pleased I can take this little boy out of my 'worry box'! Welcome home Dexter! xx
- 2012-09-23 12:05 janiejewel1649
- Great news. So pleased that Dexter has been found safe and well, and back (Hopefully) with his rightful owners. Stay safe now you gorgeous looking dog:-)xxx
- 2012-09-23 11:51 Jumanji - Regional Co-ordinator
- Brillmt news !!!! Welcome home little man and please stay safe from now on xxx
- 2012-09-23 11:48 millypod
- Brilliant news, stay safe little cutie.xx
- 2012-09-23 11:04 mathers22
- So pleased he's home safely - fantastic work to all concerned xx
- 2012-09-23 11:03 Jayne - Head Office
- Great news...
- 2012-09-23 10:47 SanBarn
- I've been watching this one like a hawk! Great news! Welcome home Dexter, stay safe now. xx
- 2012-09-23 10:44 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- What great news! Hope the gorgeous Dexter is ok after his time away! Welcome home young man! :)x
- 2012-09-23 09:31 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- You are right Doggy.lover, Dexter was returned last night. I will leave Paws Dawson to update. Welcome home Dexter.
- 2012-09-23 06:04 DOGGY.LOVER
- I have heard through another forum from the owner that Dexter is home !! Yay!!Last edited: 2012-09-23 06:05:21 by DOGGY.LOVER
- 2012-09-16 12:43 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- sorry it wasn't him :( - hope you have him home soon.x
- 2012-09-16 12:23 Paws Dawson
- Thanks for the heads up but sadly not Dexter :(
- 2012-09-16 12:02 skippy, Area Co-ordinator Chester
- Some distance away, but there is a report of a found Dachshund on the animal wardens site today:
16 Sep 2012
Location: Whitchurch RG28
For further details call 0845 241 7253 (local rate)
to amend, email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting our ref and full postcode, attach picture if available
- 2012-09-15 10:46 JeffandAlfsmummy
- cheated on you have said that you hope Dexter is found as does everyone on this site. Have you reported the theft of Dexter and the items from the van to the police? Theft by someone unknown isn't a civil matter, have they responded, sent scene of crime out to the van, checked CCTV in the area? Have you spoken to the neighbours, put posters up etc they could have seen or heard something. The thief must have had a vehicle to empty the van of someone's possessions and snatch Dexter. They've obviously taken time over it as well because Dexter's tag was found in the van and if someone snatched a dog in a hurry they would slip the collar off and not delay their getaway by fiddling around with a squirming dog trying to remove a tag. Which area was the van parked in when the break in happened if you could post some details perhaps helpers could go out and poster the area?
- 2012-09-15 07:44 Fiona
- Nobody is interested in the whys and hows of your relationship or end of it. Just do the right thing and prove that Dexter is safe and well. This site is for helping dog owners find their beloved pets, losing a pet is distressing enough without dirty washing being aired in the public domain.
- 2012-09-14 23:48 Julie
- It is very sad that Dexter is being used to manipulate his owner he is an innocent animal - all we want is for Dexter to be found safe, well and in good health. Let us all hope he is soon back where he belongs.
- 2012-09-14 23:12 cheated on
- This post has been cut as it is NOT a post leading to Dexters whereabouts. It is a post that can be put as a private message on a social network site. Last edited: 2012-09-15 08:08:42 by poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- 2012-09-14 22:01 Aud40
- We are on here are only interested in Dexter being found safe and well,we are not interested in any civil dispute that might be going on.
- 2012-09-14 20:53 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- The kind of comments that have been posted today will not be tolerated on this site and they do nothing to help with the search for Dexter. Cheated on (can you think of a different username?) as Dexter, along with other belongings, was stolen from the van while in your posession, can you not ask for police help?
Paws Dawson please can you let us know if Dexter is mentioned in the Echo or local radio. When he is we can bump him up the page for you.Last edited: 2012-09-14 22:52:25 by poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- 2012-09-14 12:46 Owl
- Sorry Paws Dawson, had to edit your post, will give you a call.Last edited: 2012-09-14 12:47:05 by Owl
- 2012-09-14 12:20 Paws Dawson
- How about we just make sure Dexter is safe and then worry about who he belongs to. That is the priority. He is missing under whatever circumstances and will be very confused.
Last edited: 2012-09-14 12:40:39 by Owl
- 2012-09-14 10:08 jobadger
- Cheated on - I'm sorry to read of the problems surrounding this little man - people can only comment and act upon what they are told. The helpers on here are concerned for Dexter's safety and are involved only because of that....I hope the boy is found soon.
- 2012-09-14 08:23 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Cheated on, I clicked report instead of edit by mistake so here are the relevant parts of your post.
2012-09-14 06:38 cheated on QUOTE 2012-09-12 18:56 mathers22
'Think there will be things going on behind the scenes here that's why no one in Authority Police etc.seems to be doing anything. It's too quiet. If things are as bad as they seem work will be in progress.'
Ever thought there are two sides ?
The van and the dog are a Civil dispute. No police are interested because of this.
The van and dog was purchased in with my money.
slander and lies can be pursued as harrasement and liable.
there are always two sides to every story.
I too hope dexter is found safe and well.
- 2012-09-14 08:11 Fiona
- Civil dispute or not, the welfare of a wee dog Dexter is at risk here and thats what the people on this site are worrried about. If you have any idea where this dog is let him please be found so minds can be put at rest.
- 2012-09-14 06:38 cheated on
- 2012-09-12 20:05 sophiesuds
- Hi me again. There is a dog on Gumtree who is described as chihuahua x fawn coloured all over its male 2.5yrs old for sale. Says it chipped but no photo. Its in Essex Leigh on sea but thought I would let you know. Only just gone on 48 mins ago.
- 2012-09-12 18:56 mathers22
- Think there will be things going on behind the scenes here that's why no one in Authority Police etc.seems to be doing anything. It's too quiet. If things are as bad as they seem work will be in progress.
- 2012-09-12 17:35 pixies peeps
- Surely if one takes what the guy who turned up with the van said as correct they should be investigated regarding leaving a dog in a van overnight. (Animal welfare organisations look into things less than this sometimes.) At least he should be able to made to say where this theft allegedly happened.
- 2012-09-12 16:48 Christchurch Dog Warden
- Hi, Sophiesuds is right, you need to make Dexter too hot to handle, I havent received a call about him from the owner but luckily I check this site. Other dog wardens may not. Im sure the echo will do a front page on this, if not they would deff do a story so you must ring them, put posters up, ring vets, dog wardens etc. Im sure you will get him back if all this is done.
- 2012-09-12 09:35 sophiesuds
- Calling all doglost helpers - can I just ask if anyone has any connections tothe police in the area concerned as I have just read on another website that this poor lady is now having to leave her entire life behind, material things has no home no possessions or anything besides having to deal with losing her dog. Surely there is someone or something that can help this poor lady in her urgent hour of need. Authorities have seem to have washed hands of her. Any ideas or connections Im sure would be greatly appreciated.
- 2012-09-11 22:34 flexigirl
- I am in Taunton and will put up posters around village and town, vets and our local dog warden. Also going to Cornwall this weekend so will drop a few down there. Fingers crossed for a quick find x
- 2012-09-11 16:16 Jayne - Head Office
- Have sent a further mailing out to other helpers...just realised text cuts off after a certain amount of characters...so please anyone reading this who has just received an alert keep numb about it and do not share any info on facebook or doglost...just spread the word locally...tx
- 2012-09-11 15:18 Jayne - Head Office
- Thanks Soopy...
- 2012-09-11 14:48 Snoopy
- There is a write up on the bournemouth echo website of the dog show in Mudeford Wood where the van and dogs were taken, I've posted a comment on the article giving details and a link to this page so fingers crossed someone who was at the show might have seen something.
- 2012-09-11 12:55 Jayne - Head Office
- Dexter could be in the Salisbury area so alerts being sent out to local helpers in SP postcodes.
- 2012-09-11 09:35 sophiesuds
- Sorry forgot to also suggest send his poster and telephone ALL the council dog wardens within 100 mile radius. Another thought I had was check the mileqage of the van, maybe you can work out how far he went in it may help in someway. Or even how much petrol he has used, look for receipts in van to see if he purchased any more petrol, at least it would give you a direction of where he has been.
- 2012-09-11 09:30 sophiesuds
- Having dealt with a lowlife like this guy before, how about offering him money for information or return of Dexter as this is usually their God. Can you speak to his family friends etc to make them aware of what he has done, they may have info that could help. As for the police, hound them (no pun intended) speak to the top man at the police station as time is of the essence here. Tell them that you are disapointed intheir response so far and if you have had to be placed in a safe house it speaks volumes. Surely the person who put you in the safe house has some clout with the police and can advise you who to speak to etc. in respect of the police. If you want Dexter back which we obvioiusly do shout from the roof tops, telephone whoever, papers, radios, tv, schools as kids are good at noticing things especially cute dogs like Dexter. Pubs would be another place to put posters (I know you personally are limited in that respect). I would make my first call to the Superintendent of the police and tell them you dont think you are being taken seriously, stolen goods, theft, harrasment from ex, the car being resprayed and 'returned' alone should have them doing something even to just prove that HE took it! In their eyes the police will see this as a domestic which is always low on their priority speaking from experience but it isn't on yours - so go get them girl!! After this is over try and get a court order to make him keep away from you known as an injunction!!
- 2012-09-11 00:42 jobadger
- I'm horrified to read this. What a puece of sad lowlife! Why aren't the police interested? Surely the van was still stolen along with the dogs and the property? Can DL PR help with the publicity for this little guy? I do hope he's back home with you soon......Last edited: 2012-09-11 00:44:14 by jobadger
- 2012-09-10 22:46 Aud40
- Good luck, the press like to help& local radio stations.Worth trying the Local TV news as well lets get Dexter back home.x
- 2012-09-10 22:28 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- Hi Paws Dawson, I have added you your number to the posters now, I so hope you get a call very soon to say that he has been found. I believe gvmay has given you my number, I work during the day but send me a text and I will call you back as soon as I can if there is anything I can do to help. Publicity is going to be the key starting with bournemouth Echo. We need to get Dexter's picture out for everyone to see.
- 2012-09-10 22:04 Julie B
- Omg what an awful situation. At least little Dexter is microchipped. As this is an unusual situation do you think the daily papers (sun & mirror) would do a story and a picture of Dexter ? There would be no mistaking this gorgeous little fella. I do hope that he is back home safe with you very soon xx
- 2012-09-10 21:39 Paws Dawson
- Also to update, he is no longer wearing his tag, it was found in the van and its all i have of him now :(
- 2012-09-10 21:25 Paws Dawson
- I am Dexters owner.
Just want to say thankyou to those who are trying to help locate Dexter.
He is believed to still be in the South West area, possibly being hidden.
He could be anywhere though, please if you can print off his picture and show anyone you can, take it to your vets next time you go etc.
He is microchipped but someone must recognise him at some point. My contact is 07981 855683 please let me know if you see him or hear of him.
- 2012-09-10 14:02 gvmay
- Just had a call from the owner, the guy who took the van showed up with it spray painted by hand black with a white top. Saying that it was broken into over night, and Dexter and her stuff is gone. I can only presume he's dumped everything somewhere or someone is helping him. Police still not helping. So not looking for the van now just looking for poor little Dexter. Unbelivable how low some people can sink. Devestated!
- 2012-09-10 13:45 Angelmort
- Thanks Lankeela. Hope it's sorted soon.
- 2012-09-10 13:05 Owl
- Yes Lankeela, you are quite correct. Police are aware, let's hope they can sort this out.
- 2012-09-10 11:48 Lankeela
- From what I have read on facebook this is not a straightforward theft of the vehicle. I believe the person who now has the vehicle (and the dog) is known to the owner so may still have had the previous plates. Not sure how much can be said on here.
- 2012-09-10 11:30 Angelmort
- Just to clarify re number plate in case people concentrate on maybe looking for the wrong plate. Were the original plates in the van and that's why you think they changed your personalised plates for these ones or has it been picked on CCTV somewhere that the original plates have been seen. People like this tend to have a stack of different plates ready for use so the van could have any plates? re mobile - i agree with Jayne, police / provider should be able to track the mobile.Last edited: 2012-09-10 11:31:04 by Angelmort
- 2012-09-10 09:13 Jayne - Head Office
- Can the police not trace the mobile phone...
- 2012-09-09 22:44 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- What a handsome dog......hope he is home soon xx
- 2012-09-09 22:29 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- the van is Mercedes Vito 109 Cdi Compact
- 2012-09-09 22:15 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- changed to....DEXTER Dachshund X STOLEN http://bit.ly/O5W0p5 #BH23 Silver van stolen reg DEO 6RHA #Fordingbridge #Cranbourne #Dorset Plz RT
- 2012-09-09 22:03 gvmay
- yes, was spotted having number plate changed, can only presume it's returned to the old number plate of DE06RHA
- 2012-09-09 21:57 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- DEXTER Dachshund X STOLEN http://bit.ly/O5W0p5 #BH23 Silver van stolen reg K444 PAW #fordingbridge #cranbourne Plz RT ....that is a copy of the tweet....has the mumber plates been changed?
- 2012-09-09 21:47 gvmay
- Thank you so much
- 2012-09-09 21:45 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- I've copied pics and have a photo of the Van, grouped all pics together and shared on my group, page and others are sharing too!!
I hope Dexter is found VERY soon x
- 2012-09-09 21:45 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- figured its #Dorset #Wiltshire...the tweets go all over UK.
- 2012-09-09 21:44 gvmay
- fordingbridge heading towards cranbourne
- 2012-09-09 21:40 Riverlady, Twitter Co-ordinator
- 2012-09-09 21:17 gvmay
- Stolen Van been spotted having number plates changed, presumably to original plates DE06RHA at fordingbridge heading towards cranbourneLast edited: 2012-09-09 21:21:56 by gvmay
- 2012-09-09 20:38 gvmay
- thank you for all your posts, no news as yet. Yes the police are looking, but so far nothing. The owners phone had also been stolen, she now has a mobile so is also contactable on 07981855683 also due to the situation she's not ment to be out and about. So if anyone has free time and doesn't mind printing off some posters and post them in the area this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for all your help and well wishes, fingers crossed the little fella will be home soon
- 2012-09-09 19:36 twoDs
- Being shared across many forums and FB.Do hope wee Dexter is home safe and sound very soon.
- 2012-09-09 19:16 poochpal- Regional Co-ordinator South West
- At least the police will have to take this seriously and hope when they catch the culprit they will also be able to find Tiffany,42342 and Chucky, 42722all from BH area.
- 2012-09-09 19:06 Julie
- Are the police looking ? With a registration number like that I would have thought the van would easily be spotted. Hope the van and especially Dexter are soon found. Julie x
- 2012-09-09 15:19 Angelmort
- What a beautiful looking dog. Really hope Dexter will be home soon. X
- 2012-09-09 11:16 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in all BH postcodes.