Lost: Very Pale Brindle Lurcher Male In North East (OL14)
- Dog ID 42738
- Status Lost
- Registered 05 Sep 2012
- Name BENSON
- Breed Lurcher
- Gender Male
- Age Adult
- Build Large
- Colour Very Pale Brindle
- Tail Full
- Marks & Scars Distinctive scar on his forehead. He has four white socks and a white patch on his chest.
- Tagged Unknown
- Microchipped Yes
- Tattooed No
- Date Lost 02 Sep 2012
- Where Lost Dog was being looked after by friends in Todmorden (Caldervale) he slipped his collar and wouldn't come back to them. He has been sighted near Hebden Bridge on the main road from Todmorden to He
- Lost In Region North East
- Lost In Post Area OL14
- Date Found
- Where Found
- Found In Region
- Found In Post Area
- Date Reunited
- Other Info He is a very timid boy and will need to be spoken to very gently to coax him to come to you.
- Phone 1 07918140130
- Phone 2 01254 387739
- Reward? yes
- Listed By lcgxr01
- Views 1429
- See more dogs Lost in OL14
- Poster Image
- Extra Image
Sightings and Information
Please let us know if you have news about this dog . You will need to log in (above) or register to leave comments. Please note that DogLost cannot be held responsible for the content of any other sites mentioned or linked to in this forum.
- 2013-01-13 12:47 Lizzy - Co-ordinator Central
- Still missing.
- 2012-11-08 09:10 smelliesmum
- If not already done so I would post in the north west pages too. I live a few miles from littleborough but always look in the north west section, I was looking for a dog in Northumberland and it's only by chance I noticed the OL postcode
- 2012-09-26 12:16 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Advertised in this weeks Countryman's Weekly magazine
- 2012-09-21 14:59 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Telephoned and left message for update x
- 2012-09-08 00:02 lcgxr01
- This should be North West. Have contacted Tia, Dog Warden and local police. I have set up a senting and feeding station as advised. No sitings since yesterday
- 2012-09-07 10:47 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- There have been numerous sightings of Benson since he went missing around the Littleborough area. The last reported sighting was yesterday off the Rochdale road up by the Shepherd's Rest Inn.
Have discussed setting up a feeding station and scenting.
Owner has lots of local people helping and searching.
Everything crossed for more news of Benson soon
Thanks Merlintrude- Tia now contacted
xxLast edited: 2012-09-07 10:51:08 by minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- 2012-09-07 10:15 minigirl - Co-ordinator West Yorkshire
- Have left a message for an update and to offer help/ advice
- 2012-09-06 18:26 Merlintrude
- May be an idea to contact Tia Greyhound & Lurcher rescue (if not already done so) They are local and will have contacts/helpers around the area to keep an eye out for Benson Tel no 07974 960684
- 2012-09-06 17:45 Gillian
- The area of this one is quite tricky! I would actually call Todmorden the NW and the boundary used to go right through the centre (been changed now I think). But it still has an Oldham post code. It's like us - we live in Derbyshire so always seem to come under the East Midlands but as we're only 13 miles from Manchester we're really in the NW!
Wherever you decide to put it I really hope Benson is found safe and sound very soon xxxLast edited: 2012-09-06 17:46:22 by Gillian
- 2012-09-06 14:41 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- Thank you Sue, i wasn't sure so thats why i didn't change it
- 2012-09-06 09:43 Sue, Co-ordinator Central
- Have changed it for you Maggie
- 2012-09-06 06:52 Miss Marple (Maggie) - Co-ordinator North West Areas/Research Investigator
- should this be NORTH EAST? Todmorden, West Yorkshire, thats North East!
- 2012-09-05 10:49 Jayne - Head Office
- Alerts sent out to helpers in OL12,13,14,15. hx7. bb4,10,11.
- 2012-09-05 09:20
- Sorry to see that BENSON is missing.
If your dog is microchipped please let the microchip company know that your dog is missing and at the same time, check that all details held are up to date.
If you have not already done so contact dog wardens, vets and local rescue centres, and in Scotland, contact the Police.
Give them all a detailed description of your dog with any distinguishing marks/scars or send them a copy of your DogLost poster. You can find vets in your own area by clicking on the green 'Find Any UK Vet' graphic near the top right hand side of the page under the 'latest missing dogs' photo.
A photograph of your dog is essential - if you have not already uploaded a picture, please do so by clicking on 'Update Details' above, or you can email email@example.com with a photo of your dog, quoting the dog's DogLost ID number. You can also add comments and update your dog's status by clicking on the title bar at the top of the comments list. You will need to be logged in to upload photos, edit your dog's details, or add comments.
You can obtain a 'MISSING' poster by clicking on 'View Poster' above. POSTERS ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT. Start postering now!
If your dog is picked up and taken to rescue kennels, they can be re-homed legally after 7 days, so please try to visit rescue centres to look for your dog and give them a poster. Do not rely on checking by phone alone, as other people may not recognise your dog by your description.
Please keep us updated by keeping your dogs page up to date and check for posts from helpers that may have suggestions and possible matches or sightings.
If your dog has been stolen please inform the police immediately and obtain a crime reference number (CRN) for the theft.
DogLost is free – anyone asking for money to return your dog is not working for us, and may offer fake photos as 'proof'. If you think we may have called you but aren't sure, please contact us on the phone number or email address at the top of our homepage. We can't stop criminals from trying, but we can confirm if we tried to contact you.